PDA

View Full Version : Future NBA All Star locations

Tg11
12-07-2017, 11:07 AM
Since 2018 we know it will be in Los Angeles, 2019 Charlotte gets another chance to host it considering they should have in 2017 but it was ripped away from them but they are getting it and 2020 apparently Chicago is hosting it for the first time since 1988...that will be 32 years since they last hosted it so it begs the question of where the NBA should go from 2021 and beyond:

2021- Sacramento (Golden 1 Center)
2022- Detroit (New Little Caesar's Arena)
2023- Indiana (Bankers Life Fieldhouse)
2024- Oklahoma City (Chesapeake Energy Arena)

Driven
12-07-2017, 02:14 PM
Seattle plz

Tg11
12-07-2017, 02:17 PM
Not to mention Miami Miami specifically have not hosted an NBA All Star Game or even a Weekend since 1990 I would say they are long overdue but then so is Milwaukee too as they haven't hosted in a really long time same goes with Boston as we haven't hosted an NBA All Star weekend in like decades

IndyRealist
12-07-2017, 02:25 PM
Not to mention Miami Miami specifically have not hosted an NBA All Star Game or even a Weekend since 1990 I would say they are long overdue but then so is Milwaukee too as they haven't hosted in a really long time same goes with Boston as we haven't hosted an NBA All Star weekend in like decades

Milwaukee, Boston, Indiana, etc are difficult because it's so cold in February.

Tg11
12-07-2017, 02:29 PM
Okay but then again the same could be said for Toronto and they went there in 2016 and Toronto was one of the best NBA All Star weekends in history just because we Toronto hosted it...think about the amount of celebrities, tourists, etc. we had coming in how much revenue we generated and it was cold as hell here people still showed up nonetheless so I am sure the NBA would have no problem going to Milwaukee, Boston, Indiana, etc.

Climate doesn't even matter...come on man look at Chicago in Chicago it is cold in February and they are still going there so what you sayin

BKLYNpigeon
12-07-2017, 02:38 PM
Warriors New Chase Arena in SF opens up in 2019-2020. I'm sure they will get an AS bid.

Tg11
12-07-2017, 02:52 PM
Yeah at best Warriors will get it in 2021 if anything considering the last time Golden State hosted the Weekend was 2000...21 years since so they should get it in 2021

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-08-2017, 01:48 PM
Milwaukee will have new arena ready for next season.

FlashBolt
12-08-2017, 01:59 PM
Okay but then again the same could be said for Toronto and they went there in 2016 and Toronto was one of the best NBA All Star weekends in history just because we Toronto hosted it...think about the amount of celebrities, tourists, etc. we had coming in how much revenue we generated and it was cold as hell here people still showed up nonetheless so I am sure the NBA would have no problem going to Milwaukee, Boston, Indiana, etc.

Climate doesn't even matter...come on man look at Chicago in Chicago it is cold in February and they are still going there so what you sayin

Toronto is a booming and live city. It's amazing out there and it would make more financial sense through economic activity. Honestly, it doesn't really matter for the fans. I could have gotten tickets for both NYC ASG but I'm not sure what to expect year after year. It's been pretty boring (ASG) and the dunk/three point contest are sometimes a bore.

aman_13
12-08-2017, 03:36 PM
I still can't believe how cold that weekend was. I don't think I ever experienced weather that cold and it had to be on all star weekend of all weekends. Just bad luck.

aman_13
12-08-2017, 03:38 PM
I don't think they will ever do a cold city again lol.

Tg11
12-08-2017, 05:32 PM
Yeah well they are because Toronto compared to Chicago...Chicago is just as cold as Toronto especially during February during NBA All Star weekend and they are going to Chicago in 2020 in 2 years time exactly

FlashBolt
12-08-2017, 06:02 PM
Yeah well they are because Toronto compared to Chicago...Chicago is just as cold as Toronto especially during February during NBA All Star weekend and they are going to Chicago in 2020 in 2 years time exactly

Toronto is one of the best cities. Could care less how cold it is, tbh. The chinese food there is also some of the best around the world.

Tg11
12-08-2017, 06:07 PM
Toronto is one of the best cities. Could care less how cold it is, tbh. The chinese food there is also some of the best around the world.

Yeah it is and our nightlife here our party/club scene is probably one of the best in the world...our city is like a fashion mecca almost but also the fact that we have some of the best food and people actually want to live here in Toronto too

I mean if we ever got another shot to host again I would definitely go this time since 2016 I wasn't able to

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-09-2017, 09:30 AM
I don't think they will ever do a cold city again lol.

Bucks new arena has a new parking garage connected with a catwalk. Maybe heated catwalk. So run from your car into the arena. Also Bucks will have a beer garden outside and then spent like another half a billion on the city blocks near by for shops and what not. Also new arena built for NBA games. Old Bradley center was built to house basketball and hockey.

In the Bucks board I have the arena thread up showing from day 1 with a shovel going into the ground all the way to the new practice facility and the new state of the art health/training facility and has spas and big kitchen with personal chefs cooking around the clock and has like eye scanners to get into doors like 007. Giannis said he wanted to buy the old training facility. Turn a portion of it into a house with the gym still being used. Also they started bolting down the seats in the new arena. So far 8 bolted in.

Tg11
12-13-2017, 07:04 PM
Indiana they have the rights for the 2021 NBA All Star weekend so it begs the question of who will get 2022 and beyond