PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma City Thunder

Pages : [1] 2

blahblahyoutoo
11-21-2017, 09:06 PM
knicks 9-7
okc 7-9

knicks are thriving with ball movement and kp is finally the focal point of the offense and carrying a team like what melo was supposed to do.
most importantly, they're winning.

okc on the other hand is losing game after game with their "big 3", the ball stagnates, it's all iso plays down the stretch.

many said it takes time to gel. well, the melo leaving the knicks had just as much an impact, if not more since they're not running the triangle now.

warfelg
11-21-2017, 09:07 PM
Takes time to Gel and the Knicks have barely played away form home.

Kinkotheclown
11-21-2017, 09:32 PM

I agree about the knicks. But they are young and they do move the ball and play D which is refreshing.

Melo is a fantastic scorer but he doesn't move without the ball. He holds the ball and while very capable of playing D, he doesn't always put effort into it.
Melo is so used to being the focal point and trying to put a team on his back (needed or not) this is a great test for him.

If he can accept a role, not being a role player but a role, I think he will be great and the Thunder will be a very very tough matchup for anyone.
After watching him on the knicks for the past 7 years, I hope he can do it but I don't know that he can. If he can't, he should come off the bench and be a give Westbrook or PG a breather without hindering their offense.

NYKnickFanatic
11-21-2017, 10:39 PM
knicks 9-7
okc 7-9

knicks are thriving with ball movement and kp is finally the focal point of the offense and carrying a team like what melo was supposed to do.

okc on the other hand is losing game after game with their "big 3", the ball stagnates, it's all iso plays down the stretch.

many said it takes time to gel. well, the melo leaving the knicks had just as much an impact, if not more since they're not running the triangle now.

Don't you remember when LBJ, Wade and Bosh struggled?

LOb0
11-21-2017, 10:41 PM
Melo is the modern Iverson. Completely overrated ballhog his entire career.

KingPosey
11-21-2017, 10:53 PM
I mean KP developing both physically and mentally into his third year maybe helps a little. Clearly there was issues and a disconnect between Phil, the coachís wishes, and the players as well and that huge problem was removed. Itís not all on melo.

ldawg
11-21-2017, 11:34 PM
Ill take him in LA if he discount and come off the bench.

JasonJohnHorn
11-21-2017, 11:56 PM
I'm critical of Melo, but I think NY's problem were as much about Phil Jackson as Melo.

Also... it's early in the season.

That said... given that Melo is an iso player, and Westy is a ball dominant player, and that PG has always done best when plays are run for him... I never expect this 'big-3' to have much chemistry.

PG and Westy would be better than PG Westy and Melo.

It's not like in Boston when you put a great spot up shooter with a solid all-around SF and a PF who focused on playing D and rebounding. Great match in terms of skill set. Took a little time to sort it out, but they got it.

OKC is just three guys who need the ball.

OKC's GM was swinging for the fences. I don't blame him. But that is a bad fit.

That said... they may work it out before the end of the season.

blahblahyoutoo
11-22-2017, 01:12 AM

Why isnít it taking time for the knicks to gel?
What was the knicks record at home last season with melo?
Seeing a common thread?

blahblahyoutoo
11-22-2017, 01:12 AM
I mean KP developing both physically and mentally into his third year maybe helps a little. Clearly there was issues and a disconnect between Phil, the coachís wishes, and the players as well and that huge problem was removed. Itís not all on melo.
One could argue that melo was holding back Kip from developing last season.

europagnpilgrim
11-22-2017, 01:28 AM
Melo is the modern Iverson. Completely overrated ballhog his entire career.

at least Iverson ran off screens/played off ball and played with 5ppg scorers for most of his Philly career, talk about being forced to ballhog, Iverson is dumb for not turning those 5ppg scorers into 20ppg ones but at least he turned them into 10ppg scorers, poor Iverson

Melo is the modern day Gervin/Barry/insert scorer

iso ball and volume shooters have been around since the 60's, Wilt took over 30 shots per game in his day, Jordan is the superking of iso ball, its why he is the media hero/goat

JAZZNC
11-22-2017, 08:50 AM
at least Iverson ran off screens/played off ball and played with 5ppg scorers for most of his Philly career, talk about being forced to ballhog, Iverson is dumb for not turning those 5ppg scorers into 20ppg ones but at least he turned them into 10ppg scorers, poor Iverson

Melo is the modern day Gervin/Barry/insert scorer

iso ball and volume shooters have been around since the 60's, Wilt took over 30 shots per game in his day, Jordan is the superking of iso ball, its why he is the media hero/goat

We get it bro, you think Iverson is a God even though anybody with eyes and a brain sees that he was not a winning basketball player and that his team often won in spite of his absolutely terrible shooting performances. Yes, he is really no different than Melo. A guy who doesn't play winning basketball and doesn't do anything other than score. And the biggest issue with both is they could have been so much better but chose not to.

D-Leethal
11-22-2017, 09:56 AM
The movement and penetration the Knicks have without Melo is like night and day. I do agree the Knicks schedule may catch up with them next month, but regardless this is a new team playing free and playing together, something we haven't seen in awhile. I don't put it all on Melo - his teammates loved him and he wasn't a "cancer", but we are much better off without him. You really need the right pieces around him to make up for his lack of movement and stagnating style.

At this point in his career he needs to embrace a super 6th man role. He could kill it for a contender in that role.

warfelg
11-22-2017, 10:00 AM
Why isnít it taking time for the knicks to gel?
What was the knicks record at home last season with melo?
Seeing a common thread?

Thereís a difference of time to gel from when thereís a clear pecking order (Porz, Hardaway, Lee) and when thereís 3 guys needing to figure it out (Westy, PG13, Melo).

How quickly we forget the first year of the Heattles was 9-7 with lots of struggles to start.

LaVar Ball
11-22-2017, 10:13 AM
We get it bro, you think Iverson is a God even though anybody with eyes and a brain sees that he was not a winning basketball player and that his team often won in spite of his absolutely terrible shooting performances. Yes, he is really no different than Melo. A guy who doesn't play winning basketball and doesn't do anything other than score. And the biggest issue with both is they could have been so much better but chose not to.

Wrong.

AI was too short. Scoring and playing the passing lanes and at times leading the league in steals several seasons was the way he impacted the game. He gave his passion, heart, soul and body each and every night. He always had the sense of urgency to win. Sixers made it to the finals because of him. Just look at that roster in 2001!

Melo despite being physically big and strong has no heart, is one-dimensional, and not impactful at all. Heís a stiff one trick pony.

WaDe03
11-22-2017, 10:29 AM

AI is definitely overrated but how was he not a winning basketball player? He carried garbage to the finals. Let me guess, Gobert is better?

FlashBolt
11-22-2017, 11:15 AM
We've lost our past few games thanks to Russ.. not Melo. I'm not sure why people are comparing records. We all knew that some teams would take some time to figure it out. In the playoffs, that's where Melo's scoring will be huge for us.

cheetos185
11-22-2017, 11:19 AM
Melo just isn't the same player since he turned 30 the guy is super slow on court and he thinks he's still top 10 player.

ldawg
11-22-2017, 12:39 PM
We've lost our past few games thanks to Russ.. not Melo. I'm not sure why people are comparing records. We all knew that some teams would take some time to figure it out. In the playoffs, that's where Melo's scoring will be huge for us.

I think hes playing well. Ball hogs won many title among themselves they may account for most titles in the league. I would love to see him go the the bench and improve it however if they as a group cant be more efficient. Westbrook and Paul can get you enough points along with other role players to up the defense and hustle. West is trying to be a pass first pg and hes not that hes a stud you dont tame him. If i compare them to when Lebron, Wade and Bosh played in Miami, Bosh was reduce to a role player while Wade took a step back to let Lebron lead. The one thing thats is totally different Is Miami tried to be efficient and GSW is the same. Thunder on the other hand is not being very efficient they need to get their point on less shots. low 40s high 30s will not cut it.

LongIslandIcedZ
11-22-2017, 01:40 PM
Keep in mind, the two players the Knicks received in the trade have both been positive contributors thus far.

Its not like they just got rid of Melo and the team took off. McBuckets and Kanter have both been a great surprise this year.

And yea, the Thunder need to gel. Its tough to take three number 1 options, and have them play perfect team ball. Give them time.

WOwolfOL
11-22-2017, 02:18 PM
Not gonna make a declaration either way but this (being 7-9 instead of 9-7) literally could be the difference of 2 shots lol

GiantsSwaGG
11-22-2017, 02:24 PM
**** Melo

blahblahyoutoo
11-22-2017, 02:32 PM
Not gonna make a declaration either way but this (being 7-9 instead of 9-7) literally could be the difference of 2 shots lol

fine, don't compare records. look at the style of play.
ball movement and fluidity that the knicks never saw sans Linsanity vs stagnant ballhogging iso when jello melo was in town, and how he continues that play style in okc now.

or if the trade never happened, the knicks would almost definitely be worse than 9-7 with melo still on the team.

smith&wesson
11-22-2017, 03:04 PM
I don't think it's all on Melo. The guys doing what he's suppose to do which is mostly just catching, shooting and rebounding. He's not the black hole presumed to be if you watch the games.

I think that team hasn't been able to put it together as a whole.

smith&wesson
11-22-2017, 03:05 PM
If OKC was in the east their record would look so different too

ldawg
11-22-2017, 03:12 PM
Miami had a #1 alpha for years in Wade. Now that they dont have that special talent and move the ball more they are not as good. Thats the new word thrown around Ball stopper(ball hog). In todays world of lesser talent Kobe, MJ, Wade, AI, Tmac, Carter, Hill would be ball hogs. Remember old school said no way he call up another star to play with him.

KingPosey
11-22-2017, 03:17 PM
One could argue that melo was holding back Kip from developing last season.

I guess you could argue that, but I donít think youíd be right if you mean he was actively blocking his development. But for all of time established scoring options block the development of young players just by being present and playing within their game.

Melo dealt with a LOT last year, and really handled almost all of it like a true professional. Iíve never loved Melos game but I think he gets WAY too much slack in general.

FlashBolt
11-22-2017, 03:21 PM
If OKC was in the east their record would look so different too

That's a dried-out argument for particularly, this season. East has a better record vs West this season. West has a lot of teams that are still trying to figure it out as well.. which explains the lackluster start. Anyhow, East is playing really well. Definitely not as bad as some suggest.

FlashBolt
11-22-2017, 03:24 PM
AI is definitely overrated but how was he not a winning basketball player? He carried garbage to the finals. Let me guess, Gobert is better?

That Sixers defense is what got them far and AI was not even close to being a good defender. Also, getting them to the Finals in what was a very weak Eastern Conference is not exactly special. Is anyone going to give VC or Ray Allen any credit because they were one game away from beating the Sixers in both series. This isn't a LeBron-type scenario in which LeBron has led his team to seven straight Finals while playing at an efficient and best-level player in the league. This is an Allen Iverson who's sole responsibility was to score the ball. And he did that while having his mistakes mitigated with Sixers defense. Just take a look at how the teams were better without AI. AKA, Chauncey Billups in the Nuggets or how awful Pistons became.

ldawg
11-22-2017, 03:30 PM
That's a dried-out argument for particularly, this season. East has a better record vs West this season. West has a lot of teams that are still trying to figure it out as well.. which explains the lackluster start. Anyhow, East is playing really well. Definitely not as bad as some suggest.

yep the term ball hog and east being bad get thrown around alot. Melo is fine he does what he does well.

ldawg
11-22-2017, 03:34 PM
That Sixers defense is what got them far and AI was not even close to being a good defender. Also, getting them to the Finals in what was a very weak Eastern Conference is not exactly special. Is anyone going to give VC or Ray Allen any credit because they were one game away from beating the Sixers in both series. This isn't a LeBron-type scenario in which LeBron has led his team to seven straight Finals while playing at an efficient and best-level player in the league. This is an Allen Iverson who's sole responsibility was to score the ball. And he did that while having his mistakes mitigated with Sixers defense. Just take a look at how the teams were better without AI. AKA, Chauncey Billups in the Nuggets or how awful Pistons became.

Yep the so call ball hogs win titles, get into HOF, lead their teams to playoffs, etc. The so called ball movers is like that nice guy. Sound good but finish last.

ldawg
11-23-2017, 09:13 PM
See, at the end of the day talent win in this league. They just got to figure out how to be more efficient. They can beat any team in this league off pure talent.

Kyben36
11-23-2017, 10:05 PM
Knicks in the east is all that needs to be said. You realize the Thunder would literally be the 2nd best team in the east.

ldawg
11-24-2017, 12:58 AM
Knicks in the east is all that needs to be said. You realize the Thunder would literally be the 2nd best team in the east.??, was talking about Melo and the Thunder have more potential to be better. But now that you said that no they wont. Either the east has gotten better or the nba has stop handing out that many star calls and equal the playing field. East and West is almost identical. Actually West teams have more losses. Thats no longer true.

smith&wesson
11-24-2017, 10:30 AM

Ahhh no my dude, it ain't. Incase you were sleeping all off season a lot of all stars left the east to the west making that conference even stronger.

You think the pistons would be 2nd in the west ? Would the knicks be 5th in the west ? How about the pacers, you think the rebuilding pacers would be an 8th seed in the west ? I don't

cheetos185
11-24-2017, 10:51 AM
Ahhh no my dude, it ain't. Incase you were sleeping all off season a lot of all stars left the east to the west making that conference even stronger.

You think the pistons would be 2nd in the west ? Would the knicks be 5th in the west ? How about the pacers, you think the rebuilding pacers would be an 8th seed in the west ? I don't

Butler and PG13 left for West that's not all the allstar..

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

D-Leethal
11-24-2017, 10:52 AM
W-L wise, I am pretty sure the East is doing just fine against the West this year. Early but the record disparities don't really have much to do with the conference. West is a 2 team conference right now.

AI
11-24-2017, 04:21 PM
Thunder double digit leads that were blown and turned into losses...

San Antonio
Sacramento
Boston
New Orleans

They lost against the Wolves on a buzzer beater off the backboard.

Could easily be 12-4 or better right now. People are acting like theyíve been trash, thatís simply not the case. Eventually when they figure things out and develop chemistry, all those close losses will turn into wins. The thing with OKC is that theyíre built for the playoffs, I could care less about the regular season.

eDush
11-24-2017, 05:55 PM
knicks 9-7
okc 7-9

many said it takes time to gel. well, the melo leaving the knicks had just as much an impact, if not more since they're not running the triangle now.Lol I take Melo over THJ all day long...did you guys really gave him like the max just to force Melo's hand?

Talk about a long term waste of money lol as the curse is the Knicks owner, not Melo :nod:

Vee-Rex
11-24-2017, 06:00 PM
Thunder double digit leads that were blown and turned into losses...

San Antonio
Sacramento
Boston
New Orleans

They lost against the Wolves on a buzzer beater off the backboard.

Could easily be 12-4 or better right now. People are acting like theyíve been trash, thatís simply not the case. Eventually when they figure things out and develop chemistry, all those close losses will turn into wins. The thing with OKC is that theyíre built for the playoffs, I could care less about the regular season.

Well said.

Hustla23
11-24-2017, 06:23 PM
Yeah, this is BS.

OKC has the 2nd best defense in the league according to team DRtg and is more or less middle of the pack offensively (ranked 17th.)

That translates to the 5th best net rating in the league.

The W-L record is very misleading in regards to how good the team actually is.

smith&wesson
11-24-2017, 08:54 PM
Butler and PG13 left for West that's not all the allstar..

Try George, Melo, Milsap, Butler etc ..

CityofTreez
11-24-2017, 08:59 PM
Hoodie Melo is not a curse....heís a shooter who misses a lot.

bagwell368
11-24-2017, 09:56 PM
Hoodie Melo is not a curse....heís a shooter who misses a lot.

Yup, volume scorer, poor defender, and passing? umm, yeah, when he doesn't have a shot...

Outside of that, he's excellent....

JAZZNC
11-24-2017, 11:02 PM

People like to use this narrative of his garbage roster all the time. Do you realize how good that team was defensively and that they legitimately won games in that Finals run in spite of Iverson? You also realize that was a horrible Eastern Conference at the time, they would have been 1st round fodder in the West so him making the Finals once in that terrible conference isn't some big accomplishment. No, he wasn't a winning basketball player.

Nice job bringing up Gobert like that has a damn thing to do with this but that's your moves now it seems.

Tg11
12-05-2017, 01:25 PM
For all of you Thunder fans here on the board I pose this question to you, do you think the Thunder's experiment of Westbrook-Melo-and PG-13 is working out? Do you think it will work out? Or do you think they should end the experiment by getting rid of either Westbrook, Melo or PG-13?

I would love to hear all the Thunder fans' thoughts on their team

WaDe03
12-05-2017, 01:32 PM
Should've just directed this to Flashbolt who I believe is the lone Thunder fan here.

As for the question, I think they'll be fine. If not, I'll gladly take PG for the Nets pick.

Tg11
12-05-2017, 01:38 PM
Even though I am not a Thunder fan if I were I would definitely be worried especially with the season being a 1/3 of the way in...you would have thought that beginning of the season they would be contending right there in the West and now they are practically out of the playoff picture hell they would be if the playoffs were to start today

The issue being Westbrook he is the main issue if anything

He is not a team player...what I mean by that is is that he wants to carry this team all on his back when the fact of the matter is is that he doesn't have to do that anymore he has George and Melo for this reason and if he actually were to learn to play with them then I think they would be certainly much better than what they are right now

FlashBolt
12-05-2017, 01:42 PM
I expected Melo to be more of an impactful and selective shot-taker but you guys were right. His game just doesn't have any value other than taking shots at a high volume. It would actually make more sense if he would come off the bench but I think Billy doesn't want to create any locker room issues so he's sticking with how things are going. It won't work. Melo likes to pound the ball and take tough shots. The days of this guy trying to be in the Olympics taking stand-still shoots won't happen. He has zero respect for Russ/PG whereas he had enormous respect for Kobe/Bron/Wade so he isn't going to get on their bad behavior. I will admit, I hope we trade Melo and just strengthen our depth. I like PG+Roberson+Adams+Russ but we just don't have enough playmakers/shooters as a team. I don't really see how we can get a better player than PG in a trade right now. I guess the only thing I can take away from our team is that we show up for the Warriors and only the Warriors. I like our matchup against them but I'm just not sure if we can get to that point. I think Cavs dodged a bullet with that Melo for Love trade. What a nightmare it would be if you guys took him.

FlashBolt
12-05-2017, 01:46 PM
Even though I am not a Thunder fan if I were I would definitely be worried especially with the season being a 1/3 of the way in...you would have thought that beginning of the season they would be contending right there in the West and now they are practically out of the playoff picture hell they would be if the playoffs were to start today

The issue being Westbrook he is the main issue if anything

He is not a team player...what I mean by that is is that he wants to carry this team all on his back when the fact of the matter is is that he doesn't have to do that anymore he has George and Melo for this reason and if he actually were to learn to play with them then I think they would be certainly much better than what they are right now

Westbrook is a team player but I don't think he has confidence in Melo or PG so he takes it upon himself to do more than he should. In the beginning of the season, Westbrook actually lowered his FG attempts to like 16. We still kept losing. Our biggest issue is Melo and his inconsistency to do anything else other than shoot the ball. We keep trying to set him up but all it ends up being is a chuck of a shot. He's been terrible. Can't create for others, poor rebounder, doesn't really seem interested in playing defense because he just sits there and waits for PG+Roberson to cover three players. Players like Melo, sometimes you don't really know what to say until they're on your team. People are right: The guy is cancer. There is nothing more damaging to a team than a high USG% and inefficient scorer who does nothing else.

Tg11
12-05-2017, 01:46 PM
Melo is so ball dominant that is the thing but then again so is Russ and PG and having 3 ball dominant guys on one team never works out

FlashBolt
12-05-2017, 01:47 PM
Melo is so ball dominant that is the thing but then again so is Russ and PG and having 3 ball dominant guys on one team never works out

Yup. I'm fine with Russ and PG. PG is actually doing very well for us offensively and defensively in terms of taking his shots. It's Melo who is the problem. We need to bench or trade him. And we all know, coaches haven't done well when they get into arguments with Melo. Melo is connected to so many NBA players that they all turn on the coach.

kdspurman
12-05-2017, 01:53 PM
I expected Melo to be more of an impactful and selective shot-taker but you guys were right. His game just doesn't have any value other than taking shots at a high volume. It would actually make more sense if he would come off the bench but I think Billy doesn't want to create any locker room issues so he's sticking with how things are going. It won't work. Melo likes to pound the ball and take tough shots. The days of this guy trying to be in the Olympics taking stand-still shoots won't happen. He has zero respect for Russ/PG whereas he had enormous respect for Kobe/Bron/Wade so he isn't going to get on their bad behavior. I will admit, I hope we trade Melo and just strengthen our depth. I like PG+Roberson+Adams+Russ but we just don't have enough playmakers/shooters as a team. I don't really see how we can get a better player than PG in a trade right now. I guess the only thing I can take away from our team is that we show up for the Warriors and only the Warriors. I like our matchup against them but I'm just not sure if we can get to that point. I think Cavs dodged a bullet with that Melo for Love trade. What a nightmare it would be if you guys took him.

Melo seems adamant on starting, to the point that it sounds like "they won't dare bench me". It's a move that could help the team if he goes to the bench. I'm sure he'll look at it as a demotion, but he should really put his pride aside. Other guys have gone to the bench and flourished, and he'd likely have a lot more opportunities/freedom in that role.

Not really an older respected vet on that roster to try and convince him otherwise, tho it'd probably fall on deaf ears.

FlashBolt
12-05-2017, 01:56 PM
Melo seems adamant on starting, to the point that it sounds like "they won't dare bench me". It's a move that could help the team if he goes to the bench. I'm sure he'll look at it as a demotion, but he should really put his pride aside. Other guys have gone to the bench and flourished, and he'd likely have a lot more opportunities/freedom in that role.

Not really an older respected vet on that roster to try and convince him otherwise, tho it'd probably fall on deaf ears.

Donovan is still a rookie coach around the league. He doesn't want to ruin his career and risk getting into an argument with a publicized NBA player like Melo. The fact the guy doesn't see any positives of coming off the bench is very alarming to how he defines basketball. Wade is probably a better player than Melo right now.. the guy sees no issue and prefers being a bench player. Melo seems to think he's still on that higher echelon of NBA players. I would gladly take Wade over Melo.. I wouldn't even resign Melo for $10 million. If he comes off the bench and jacks up shots, at least it won't come at the expense of Russ/PG's shots. He's taking the most inefficient shots our team has to offer.

WaDe03
12-05-2017, 02:00 PM
I was a little disappointed Wade didn't go to OKC but the Cavs were my first option. I wonder how they would be with him. He's better than Melo.

FlashBolt
12-05-2017, 02:03 PM
I was a little disappointed Wade didn't go to OKC but the Cavs were my first option. I wonder how they would be with him. He's better than Melo.

Wade fits ten times better with LeBron than he would ever playing with Russ/Melo. And Wade is unselfish and understands his role so he's fit into Cavs system as if he's been there for years. A lot of these veterans just don't know when to quit being the alpha. A bunch of them would be more helpful if they would just accept a lesser role.

Tg11
12-05-2017, 02:09 PM
The thing is clash of egos not just Melo's ego but Russ' ego as well because Russ has a big ego probably even bigger than Melo's

WaDe03
12-05-2017, 02:15 PM
Wade fits ten times better with LeBron than he would ever playing with Russ/Melo. And Wade is unselfish and understands his role so he's fit into Cavs system as if he's been there for years. A lot of these veterans just don't know when to quit being the alpha. A bunch of them would be more helpful if they would just accept a lesser role.

Yea Melo should be in Wades role other than the PG duties. He could definitely give you 15-6-2 off the bench.

Tg11
12-05-2017, 02:17 PM
Yes if Melo did come off the bench he would be a super sub putting up numbers but the thing is is that Melo doesn't see himself as a bench player he sees himself as a starter...well Melo he is getting older now that is the thing but he thinks of himself as a superstar caliber player in this league even though he is up there in age

mightybosstone
12-05-2017, 02:40 PM
I'll preface this by saying that I have watched very little non-Rockets basketball this season. I've caught a few minutes of the Thunder's loss to the Celtics earlier this season and a few snippets of some other games, but around the holidays, this early in the season, whatever sports-watching time I have is devoted to the Rockets.

That being said, knowing from what I've gathered from national media and from PSD, I think there's plenty of blame to go around here. Melo seems unwilling to adapt to another roster's needs, Donovan seems unwilling to move Melo to the bench or implement any kind of legitimate offensive system and the supporting cast Presti has assembled is abysmal. But I've also gotta put a lot of this on Westy, whose numbers right now are just atrocious. His FG%, TS% and FT% are all the lowest he's had since his first two seasons in the league, his TO% is the highest of his career and every relevant advanced statistic shows that he's taken a massive nosedive from last season.

I just don't understand how the guy can finally get some offensive help, and somehow his scoring efficiency gets significantly worse. That being said, he's not the only culprit. George went from a hyper-efficient 58.7% TS% last season to a pretty "meh" 53.9% mark so far this season. Melo is shockingly the only one posting similar efficiency to last season.*

That's really the question these guys need to solve. If three star players combine to join a superteam, their efficiency should increase thanks to better looks and improved shot selection, not completely tank. Presti and Donovan need to figure out how to make that a reality. Playing Melo more in the second unit when he can be the primary offensive weapon is a good start, but I don't think that alone will solve the problem.

If things don't get better soon, I wouldn't be shocked to see Donovan get the boot. And that might be what the team needs long-term. Presti only really has a one-year timetable to work with, and if Donovan can't get it done, he may need to find a coach who can.

Tg11
12-05-2017, 02:46 PM
I'll preface this by saying that I have watched very little non-Rockets basketball this season. I've caught a few minutes of the Thunder's loss to the Celtics earlier this season and a few snippets of some other games, but around the holidays, this early in the season, whatever sports-watching time I have is devoted to the Rockets.

That being said, knowing from what I've gathered from national media and from PSD, I think there's plenty of blame to go around here. Melo seems unwilling to adapt to another roster's needs, Donovan seems unwilling to move Melo to the bench or implement any kind of legitimate offensive system and the supporting cast Presti has assembled is abysmal. But I've also gotta put a lot of this on Westy, whose numbers right now are just atrocious. His FG%, TS% and FT% are all the lowest he's had since his first two seasons in the league, his TO% is the highest of his career and every relevant advanced statistic shows that he's taken a massive nosedive from last season.

I just don't understand how the guy can finally get some offensive help, and somehow his scoring efficiency gets significantly worse. That being said, he's not the only culprit. George went from a hyper-efficient 58.7% TS% last season to a pretty "meh" 53.9% mark so far this season. Melo is shockingly the only one posting similar efficiency to last season.*

That's really the question these guys need to solve. If three star players combine to join a superteam, their efficiency should increase thanks to better looks and improved shot selection, not completely tank. Presti and Donovan need to figure out how to make that a reality. Playing Melo more in the second unit when he can be the primary offensive weapon is a good start, but I don't think that alone will solve the problem.

If things don't get better soon, I wouldn't be shocked to see Donovan get the boot. And that might be what the team needs long-term. Presti only really has a one-year timetable to work with, and if Donovan can't get it done, he may need to find a coach who can.

Everything you have said about Westbrook and George here in this rant is absolute gospel here because you are so right

Tg11
12-05-2017, 06:36 PM
And I say their bench is also in part why they are struggling as well

Jamiecballer
12-05-2017, 11:23 PM

If things don't get better soon, I wouldn't be shocked to see Donovan get the boot. And that might be what the team needs long-term. Presti only really has a one-year timetable to work with, and if Donovan can't get it done, he may need to find a coach who can.This falls on Presti. All of it. He got caught up in trying to beat the Warriors at their own game and took a very low percentage gamble considering the players involved. There was not one bit of this that wasn't predictable. Blaming Westbrook is a copout.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
12-06-2017, 02:17 AM
This falls on Presti. All of it. He got caught up in trying to beat the Warriors at their own game and took a very low percentage gamble considering the players involved. There was not one bit of this that wasn't predictable. Blaming Westbrook is a copout.

It doesn't fall on Presti as it much on the players. The only issue I have with Presti is his inability to surround these guys with role players capable of making an impact. I mean, Kanter+Oladipo+Sabonis are playing very well but we were never going to get far with those guys. I like our current team better as I think our ceiling is much higher despite our troubles right now.

Funny part is Melo has been preaching that he's willing to do what it takes but when you imply that he should maybe come off the bench, the guy thinks it's a joke as if he's above being that. He really isn't capable of being a starter for a championship team. He's a burst off the bench type of player. Our offense has looked terrible when Melo takes 15+ shots. And I agree on firing Donovan. He doesn't belong in the NBA right now. Players don't respect him.

basch152
12-06-2017, 05:04 AM
like i said, melo has never been good.

he reminds me a lot of Iverson. he puts up good numbers due to high usage and makes people who don't understand basketball drool, but ultimately just putting up points doesn't win you vames.

he only went deep in the playoffs because of Chauncey billups

Heediot
12-06-2017, 05:38 AM

Would you take Melo for Rhyno at this point? I think Cp has the clout to reign him in. Maybe an uptempo system forces him to take quicker shots and pound the ball less as well. Maybe this time around Cp and Ariza (who is a respected vet) can get him to buy into Mike's system?

Jamiecballer
12-06-2017, 04:52 PM
It doesn't fall on Presti as it much on the players. The only issue I have with Presti is his inability to surround these guys with role players capable of making an impact. I mean, Kanter+Oladipo+Sabonis are playing very well but we were never going to get far with those guys. I like our current team better as I think our ceiling is much higher despite our troubles right now.

Funny part is Melo has been preaching that he's willing to do what it takes but when you imply that he should maybe come off the bench, the guy thinks it's a joke as if he's above being that. He really isn't capable of being a starter for a championship team. He's a burst off the bench type of player. Our offense has looked terrible when Melo takes 15+ shots. And I agree on firing Donovan. He doesn't belong in the NBA right now. Players don't respect him.Well clearly we disagree there

mightybosstone
12-07-2017, 12:02 AM
Would you take Melo for Rhyno at this point? I think Cp has the clout to reign him in. Maybe an uptempo system forces him to take quicker shots and pound the ball less as well. Maybe this time around Cp and Ariza (who is a respected vet) can get him to buy into Mike's system?

Honestly, this will sound crazy, but I don't know that I would. Prior to the season, I would have in a heartbeat, but seeing how much he's struggled to adapt in OKC makes me think that he may not be able to adapt anywhere else. Also, Ryno has played significantly better defensively this season, and his 30+ foot range as a 3-point shooter is just such a huge plus to their spacing offensively.

In a few months, I might change my tune. But based on what I've seen from these two guys so far this season, I think I'd rather have Ryno. I just think he fits the system a little better, and I trust he can play the role the Rockets need him to play.

NFLAccess
12-07-2017, 08:13 AM
Honestly, this will sound crazy, but I don't know that I would. Prior to the season, I would have in a heartbeat, but seeing how much he's struggled to adapt in OKC makes me think that he may not be able to adapt anywhere else. Also, Ryno has played significantly better defensively this season, and his 30+ foot range as a 3-point shooter is just such a huge plus to their spacing offensively.

In a few months, I might change my tune. But based on what I've seen from these two guys so far this season, I think I'd rather have Ryno. I just think he fits the system a little better, and I trust he can play the role the Rockets need him to play.As a rockets fan i agree with this. Some may say yes just because they hear the name Carmelo Anthony but really Rhyno is having a great year and a big plus to what we do offensively.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Tg11
12-07-2017, 09:44 AM
The problem is Westbrook point blank period. I mean the man of course he is the leader of this team and with that comes a humongous ego. If Westbrook were to check his ego at the door and actually involve his teammates more that being Anthony and George then maybe just maybe they can turn this tide around. The way that it is going right now I don't see how they can turn this around unless they make significant changes to their line-up and if they can do that then I think just maybe they can sneak into the playoffs.

Driven
12-07-2017, 01:58 PM
I think if Melo would play the Rockets style, that he'd be an upgrade over Ryno. Ryno has played very well this year, for his standards. His defense is up, and his all-around game is up. He's always been a great three point shooter.

But I think Melo, again if he is willing to conform to the Rockets style, would put up pretty high 3PT% numbers, and makes the team more versatile overall. They'd both be stretch fours in the system. I think Carmelo brings more to the table, but is also more of a risk. If Ryno sucks, you take him out and replace him with the next best man. With Carmelo, you don't have that flexibility.

Although, if there's any player in the league to keep him in line, it's CP3.

Tg11
12-07-2017, 02:11 PM
I think if Melo would play the Rockets style, that he'd be an upgrade over Ryno. Ryno has played very well this year, for his standards. His defense is up, and his all-around game is up. He's always been a great three point shooter.

But I think Melo, again if he is willing to conform to the Rockets style, would put up pretty high 3PT% numbers, and makes the team more versatile overall. They'd both be stretch fours in the system. I think Carmelo brings more to the table, but is also more of a risk. If Ryno sucks, you take him out and replace him with the next best man. With Carmelo, you don't have that flexibility.

Although, if there's any player in the league to keep him in line, it's CP3.

Which is why Melo should have gone to the Rockets to begin with but in the Thunder locker room he is the odd man out in the sense that he is bringing forth all of their struggles

JuLu787
12-07-2017, 03:02 PM
Looks like we finally won a trade. Kanter & McBuckets are doing great! :clap:

JuLu787
12-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Dantoni being coach played a HUGE part in Melo not wanting Houston. If not for that, he would be a Rocket right now.

JuLu787
12-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Which is why Melo should have gone to the Rockets to begin with but in the Thunder locker room he is the odd man out in the sense that he is bringing forth all of their struggles

Dantoni being coach played a HUGE part in Melo not wanting Houston. If not for that, he would be a Rocket right now.

Tg11
12-07-2017, 03:07 PM
Yeah you are right but then again in Oklahoma City Melo isn't doing Westbrook or George any favors but also at the same time you do also have to blame the coach as well as your bench for your guys' struggles because if the bench guys were to step up immensely then we all would be singing a different tune

mightybosstone
12-07-2017, 03:22 PM

That's 100 percent not accurate. Melo not being a Rocket had way more to do with the Knicks taking the package that Daryl Morey offered and neither side being willing to budge. For months, the conversation this offseason was about how much Melo wanted to end up in Houston. The only reason the narrative changed was because neither side could get a deal done, and Melo didn't want to play basketball as a Knick anymore.

Tg11
12-07-2017, 03:31 PM
That's 100 percent not accurate. Melo not being a Rocket had way more to do with the Knicks taking the package that Daryl Morey offered and neither side being willing to budge. For months, the conversation this offseason was about how much Melo wanted to end up in Houston. The only reason the narrative changed was because neither side could get a deal done, and Melo didn't want to play basketball as a Knick anymore.

Not to mention Melo one of his best buddies CP3 is in Houston too and also Melo he has a relationship with Harden too to boot which is why I am saying it probably would have worked out had he gone to Houston in the first place

But then add the D'Antoni factor too it probably would have backfired anyway just like how it is backfiring right now in OKC

lol, please
12-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Not to mention Melo one of his best buddies CP3 is in Houston too and also Melo he has a relationship with Harden too to boot which is why I am saying it probably would have worked out had he gone to Houston in the first place

But then add the D'Antoni factor too it probably would have backfired anyway just like how it is backfiring right now in OKCWe aren't even halfway through the season. Nothing has "backfired" in OKC yet.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

JuLu787
12-07-2017, 04:37 PM

Yeah them offering Ryan Anderson was part of it, but don't you think if they (Dantoni) really wanted Melo they would've sweeten the package a little? Houston is in win now mode, they needed a "star". Dantoni wasn't having it. Dantoni is the reason period.

Tg11
12-07-2017, 04:55 PM
Well because Melo and D'Antoni never got along when he was a Knick and D'Antoni was coach at the time so no it would never work...but let's just say so far the Melo experiment in OKC has not been working thus far this season

Think about it when Melo is not on the floor Westbrook and primarily George thrive better when Melo is not on the court with them at the same time

mrblisterdundee
12-07-2017, 05:44 PM
The Thunder were in a tough situation. Anthony is not a good fit, but were they any better off with Kanter? Carmelo can be more useful, but only if he's at power forward and helping anchor bench units.
Donovan probably needs to go. The Thunder need a coach with the spine to bench a star if they think it's better for the team. Do we know of any talented coaches with that sort of experience who might have recently become available?

Tg11
12-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Well not at the moment right now I would say they need a coach the level of a Byron Scott but that isn't gonna happen so let's see which other coaches could fit the mold of the Thunder? I mean there is Sam Mitchell or even dare I say it Jason Kidd if he were to ever leave the Bucks as their coach but honestly there just aren't any good coaches right now that are unemployed at this moment

M.L.G.A.
12-07-2017, 06:05 PM
It's a combination of variables that's the cause for their record (a cause for concern, not sure):

They are 20-something games in, it takes time for new teams (especially with all-stars) to gel together; KG's Celtics was one of the few exceptions to the norm (Miami, Lakers, etc). If they finish to lose in the first round, then maybe we can start judging the team.

Secondly, the coaching is not the best. I don't think the coach is optimizing the talents of the all-stars on the team. Even if Melo does not come off the bench, let him shoulder some of the offense with the second unit with smarter substitutions.

Third, all three all-stars are players that need the ball in their hands to be effective, ESPECIALLY Westbrook and Melo, we knew this going into the year, and we're seeing the theory come to life. These guys have been dominant ball in hands guys with their prior units, it takes time to adjust and or adapt.

Fourth, maybe Westbrook will be another combo guard that will never live up to the expectations:
He didn't win w/ Harden & KD, he didn't win with KD, he didn't win leading a team, and he's certainly not winning with Melo & PG13...he is a very stat driven player, maybe he's the problem.

Melo will stay next year considering he has a $20M+ option next year that no other team will match and we all know Melo loves chasing the paper. PG may potentially leave unless he's on either 3 of the all-NBA teams in which case, he will also stay signing a $200M super max deal....

M.L.G.A.

blahblahyoutoo
12-07-2017, 06:05 PM
This article further proves how selfish of a player Melo is, and contrasts how Wade is able to sacrifice for the team.
https://www.si.com/nba/2017/12/06/dwyane-wade-carmelo-anthony-cavaliers-thunder-bulls-nba-veterans

Tg11
12-07-2017, 06:11 PM
But PG even said as much himself that he wants to go out there to LA to play in LA because he's from there and honestly this experiment with him playing with Westbrook and Carmelo isn't working out and in LA he would essentially be "The Guy" he would be ball dominant once again depending on if he were to go to the Clippers or Lakers preferably the Lakers because with a young team George can carry them on his back essentially because let's not forget he signed a how many year deal? If you think George is sticking around he ain't not unless OKC can become a perennial contender

Tg11
12-07-2017, 06:21 PM
Well Melo has been ball dominant and that has always been the problem he has never really had to defer to anyone else he has always been the guy wherever he has been case in point in Denver or even in New York he was always the guy but in Oklahoma City he ain't the guy no more this is Russ' team and that is why they are struggling well more or less

Tg11
12-07-2017, 06:22 PM
But the thing is also is that Melo is what in his 15th year just like LeBron is and he still ain't won a title which just goes to show you that he is desperate for that ring

europagnpilgrim
12-07-2017, 06:44 PM
They need to sub out Melo early like around the 6-7 minute mark and then let him play with the 2nd unit with Westbrook and just make sure they keep PG13 or Westbrook on the court at all times, but mostly Melo/Westbrook combo and then figure out or let all 3 play in crunchtime, problem solved

if they had a super scorer like LouWill or Barton coming off the bench It would really work since you could rest PG/Westy at same time and have Melo/Barton shoulder the scoring punch off the bench, Presti might be able to pull something off like this

Melo doesn't have to come off the bench but he has to be subbed in for early to balance out the tough/crazy shots him and Westbrook can throw up at times, cant have both in there doing it at the same time unless like I said in crunch time where you need all the fire power you can muster

THE MTL
12-07-2017, 06:54 PM
I think Thunder will work it out honestly. They recently put together a nice string of victories and almost at .500, We see this a lot with Super Teams....it takes a while to gel.

Only thing that concerns me is that each of the big 3 are shooting under 42%. They are supposed to come more efficient, not less.

Tg11
12-07-2017, 06:59 PM
They need to sub out Melo early like around the 6-7 minute mark and then let him play with the 2nd unit with Westbrook and just make sure they keep PG13 or Westbrook on the court at all times, but mostly Melo/Westbrook combo and then figure out or let all 3 play in crunchtime, problem solved

if they had a super scorer like LouWill or Barton coming off the bench It would really work since you could rest PG/Westy at same time and have Melo/Barton shoulder the scoring punch off the bench, Presti might be able to pull something off like this

Melo doesn't have to come off the bench but he has to be subbed in for early to balance out the tough/crazy shots him and Westbrook can throw up at times, cant have both in there doing it at the same time unless like I said in crunch time where you need all the fire power you can muster

I will admit that your approach to this whole situation actually makes the most sense

Scoots
12-07-2017, 08:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVnMcxw3FZE

I don't think the video creator is a "hater" ... RW just makes a lot of mistakes in his effort to go full speed all the time. Pace does result in more turnovers, but Westy seems to go above and beyond more often than most.

Tg11
12-07-2017, 09:00 PM
But the issue remains and will continue to remain that being that Westbrook has a tendency to alienate his teammates hence why KD didn't want to play there any longer

valade16
12-07-2017, 09:31 PM
Well now the Thunder are 13-12 and the Knicks are 12-12. Does this still mean Melo is the problem?

Tg11
12-07-2017, 09:34 PM
Well now the Thunder are 13-12 and the Knicks are 12-12. Does this still mean Melo is the problem?

Okay granted they are somewhat of a streak right now but we will see how long that lasts they still ain't gel yet

kobe4thewinbang
12-07-2017, 09:35 PM
OKC's bench is the problem. PG, WB and Melo can all have 20-30 points, each, and still lose. It takes more than 90 points in today's league to win a game against even the most basic teams. Adams had a solid game the other night. Westbrook still needs to be the primary force on offense, and get people involved. But they need some more quality players on the bench. They should look into trading for Lou Williams or someone like that.

Tg11
12-07-2017, 09:39 PM
OKC's bench is the problem. PG, WB and Melo can all have 20-30 points, each, and still lose. It takes more than 90 points in today's league to win a game against even the most basic teams. Adams had a solid game the other night. Westbrook still needs to be the primary force on offense, and get people involved. But they need some more quality players on the bench. They should look into trading for Lou Williams or someone like that.

I would have went for Bledsoe if anything to lead the 2nd unit but since they couldn't even go after him who does that leave

valade16
12-07-2017, 10:08 PM

That's because PG is at 54 TS%, Melo 52% and Westy 50%. None of them are scoring very efficiently right now.

mightybosstone
12-08-2017, 12:14 AM

Except the Thunder are 11-12.

valade16
12-08-2017, 01:00 AM
Except the Thunder are 11-12.

LOL, looked at the wrong standings apparently.

Give it 2 games. I'm a prophet.

mightybosstone
12-08-2017, 01:27 AM
LOL, looked at the wrong standings apparently.

Give it 2 games. I'm a prophet.

:laugh: You're the worst prophet ever, Valade. They couldn't even beat Brooklyn without Russell!

In defense of the Thunder, I saw this Brooklyn team last week against the Rockets, and they're no joke. That roster plays hard. It was the first time I saw that Caris Levert kid, and he's a legit NBA player. Looks like he had another good game tonight. Also, they were playing without Paul George, and you're not going to win many games when George is out and Melo scores 11 points on 20 shots. :speechless:

valade16
12-08-2017, 01:44 AM
:laugh: You're the worst prophet ever, Valade. They couldn't even beat Brooklyn without Russell!

In defense of the Thunder, I saw this Brooklyn team last week against the Rockets, and they're no joke. That roster plays hard. It was the first time I saw that Caris Levert kid, and he's a legit NBA player. Looks like he had another good game tonight. Also, they were playing without Paul George, and you're not going to win many games when George is out and Melo scores 11 points on 20 shots. :speechless:

:laugh2:

Not my best prediction.

Tg11
12-08-2017, 09:52 AM
Either way this Thunder team can I see them getting it together to become a playoff team? They have too much talent overall not to be a playoff team but right now it is still early in the season but I think they will get it together...I mean it takes time to gel but they will get it together eventually they have to especially in the West

Scoots
12-08-2017, 10:03 AM

I really liked Levert and hoped he would slide to the Warriors. He's legit, the only issue was health.

FlashBolt
12-08-2017, 02:22 PM
Why am I not surprised? We lose PG, no problem. If we had Russ alone, we would have won.. difference is Melo - who doesn't provide anything other than a high volume scorer who can no longer ISO score. His entire value was based on him dominating his defender and creating a mismatch. When was the last time there was a mismatch with Melo over a defender? It hasn't been the case for years. It's very disappointing that this guy doesn't and will never learn. He has been piss poor of a player for us and I really hope he opts out and goes to the Warriors or Rockets and sabotage them for us :D. You guys can take him for free. I know Rockets fans here are glad they dodged the bullet. And Cavs made the best move of the offseason refusing to trade Love for Melo. What a mess that would have been. I hope we sign Phil jackson so we can get rid of this Melo clown! Russ also has been terrible but he's not used to playing with an ineffective player like Melo as his "2nd" best option. When he had KD, he was more willing to give him the ball out of respect but now, he's just trying to give Melo the ball because he knows that's the only way Melo can do anything on the court. It's embarrassing. I wish we had Kanter back. I am sorry for saying he doesn't play defense. He could just stand on our offensive side of the court for the entire season and still be more useful than Melo.

LOb0
12-08-2017, 02:41 PM
I questioned if Melo is better than Kanter at this point and people acted like I was nuts.

I'm still asking that question.

JuLu787
12-08-2017, 02:51 PM
I questioned if Melo is better than Kanter at this point and people acted like I was nuts.

I'm still asking that question.

Kanter is definitely playing better than Melo and contributing more to his team at the moment.

blahblahyoutoo
12-08-2017, 02:55 PM
melo was 5 for 20 last night.

Bostonjorge
12-08-2017, 03:21 PM
Okc will catch a hot streak soon.

Tg11
12-08-2017, 05:34 PM
Oklahoma City could go on a winning streak much like Cleveland is right now much like how Boston did now that is entirely possible but looking at their schedule who do they got

FlashBolt
12-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Oklahoma City could go on a winning streak much like Cleveland is right now much like how Boston did now that is entirely possible but looking at their schedule who do they got

We don't have the shooters nor Lebron James to go on any winning streak.

Tg11
12-08-2017, 06:00 PM
You guys could especially if the Big 3 of Westbrook Melo and PG13 can get it together

FlashBolt
12-08-2017, 06:03 PM
You guys could especially if the Big 3 of Westbrook Melo and PG13 can get it together

Woah, Big Three? Melo is like a negative 1 so we have a big One.

Tg11
12-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Unless they can find a way to play together they will most likely keep losing but if they can turn it on and actually start winning keep winning they could be one of those teams that could be scary

cheetos185
12-08-2017, 09:09 PM
I didn't expect melo to be this bad in limited role damm the guy just hasn't been the same player since his injury.

HandsOnTheWheel
12-08-2017, 09:20 PM
I didn't expect melo to be this bad in limited role damm the guy just hasn't been the same player since his injury.

What injury?

valade16
12-08-2017, 09:52 PM
What injury?

His pride. lol

GREATNESS ONE
12-08-2017, 10:03 PM
^He sprained his uterus a few years ago.

For real, OKC should explore the option of trading Paul George to the Lakers.

cheetos185
12-08-2017, 11:14 PM
What injury?

The knee injury he got after signing his last big contract he lost whatever quickness he had left after that.

HandsOnTheWheel
12-09-2017, 01:05 AM
The knee injury he got after signing his last big contract he lost whatever quickness he had left after that.

Melo hasn't done **** since he's been with Denver lol. Total detriment to any team at this point of his career

cheetos185
12-09-2017, 09:16 AM
Melo hasn't done **** since he's been with Denver lol. Total detriment to any team at this point of his career

Pretty much but before his injury his scoring justified keeping him on court now he doesn't even have that he's basically a 25mil inefficient 300 pounds lou williams.

D-Leethal
12-09-2017, 10:17 AM

Melo was 3rd in MVP voting with the Knicks. Unless you're speaking solely on team success, Melo had some very good years in NY.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-09-2017, 10:33 AM
Melo was on the decline like 3 years ago. Before he got that new contract he was horrible.

blahblahyoutoo
12-09-2017, 10:53 AM

wait, melo had quickness?

tp13baby
12-09-2017, 10:57 AM
Dude would be a Rudy Gay if it wasnít for George Karl. I absolutely hate George Karl but the guy got Melo to play more team ball. He just really isnít a great player that needs excellent coaching and a coach with balls to tell him off

blahblahyoutoo
12-09-2017, 10:59 AM
Melo was 3rd in MVP voting with the Knicks. Unless you're speaking solely on team success, Melo had some very good years in NY.

individual success, maybe and even that's debatable.
team success, zero.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Melo was a stat padder his whole career.

smith&wesson
12-09-2017, 11:43 AM
Keep PG13 trade Melo for good depth ... problem solved

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-09-2017, 11:54 AM
Melo to Lakers for Randle,Clarkson,Brewer works. Thunder get a little depth. Lakers get Melo with a player option. With not much cap next year around the league he may pick it up. But he could try and lure in Wade and LeBron. Even better if he opts out. Then ya dump Clarkson's three year deal. Then dump Deng with Ingram or Kuzma for another max cap slot. If ya miss out. Do one year deals yet again. Till the market opens up.

HandsOnTheWheel
12-09-2017, 11:57 AM
Scoring wise he's had some good years in NY, but not so much from team success standpoint

Heediot
12-09-2017, 11:58 AM
Dude would be a Rudy Gay if it wasnít for George Karl. I absolutely hate George Karl but the guy got Melo to play more team ball. He just really isnít a great player that needs excellent coaching and a coach with balls to tell him off

Billups was key too. Dude is one of the greatest leaders in nba history. Knows how to galvanize a team and get people to buy in to his advice.

HandsOnTheWheel
12-09-2017, 12:02 PM
wait, melo had quickness?

Nope. Lol

GREATNESS ONE
12-09-2017, 01:12 PM
Melo to Lakers for Randle,Clarkson,Brewer works. Thunder get a little depth. Lakers get Melo with a player option. With not much cap next year around the league he may pick it up. But he could try and lure in Wade and LeBron. Even better if he opts out. Then ya dump Clarkson's three year deal. Then dump Deng with Ingram or Kuzma for another max cap slot. If ya miss out. Do one year deals yet again. Till the market opens up.

Lol Wut? Randle/Clarkson for PG more like it, Lakers want 0 to do with Melo and especially a player option heading into an off-season we have a ton of cap 50mill. Rather pay Randle who at (just turned24) is getting better and better the contract than pay Melo. lol but carry on.

GREATNESS ONE
12-09-2017, 01:13 PM
Let alone dump Deng with Ingram :laugh:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-09-2017, 01:48 PM
Lol Wut? Randle/Clarkson for PG more like it, Lakers want 0 to do with Melo and especially a player option heading into an off-season we have a ton of cap 50mill. Rather pay Randle who at (just turned24) is getting better and better the contract than pay Melo. lol but carry on.

Randle is a RFA. Doubt anyone wants to pay him $15M per or more. So consider Randle a squandered asset. Clarkson is a 3 year deal that could be considered negative when ya wanna sign super stars with capspace you don't have. Deng will take a haul to trade. Deng will take Ingram or Kuzma for sure.

Your best bet was to trade for Bledsoe when ya had the chance. You probably could of conned the Suns into Clarkson and Ball for Bledsoe when ya had the chance. Bledsoe is close friends with LeBron. Then use cap for PG13 if he wants LA yet or not. Then ya got a big 2.

Then work the Deng trade with Ingram or Kuzma headed out. Then hope ya land LeBron. Then Wade becomes ring chaser on the cheap. Then ya got LeBron, PG13, Bledsoe, Wade and whatever is left after the Deng salary dump trade. Either Kuzma or Ingram. That on paper looks nice. But since you didn't trade for PG13 doubt he leaves the Thunder now. LeBron probably stays. So your stuck with another losing season next year with more one year max deals signed.

cheetos185
12-09-2017, 02:09 PM
Melo the last 4 years has been trash on court but before that he was a superstar scorer. I was surprised okc gave up 2 young rotational players and high 2nd round pick for him guess presti isn't so great afterall.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-09-2017, 02:18 PM
Melo the last 4 years has been trash on court but before that he was a superstar scorer. I was surprised okc gave up 2 young rotational players and high 2nd round pick for him guess presti isn't so great afterall.

I think it was more effort from Thunder to show Westbrook they were trying. So they traded for PG13 and Melo. Then Westbrook inked his extension.

JAZZNC
12-09-2017, 02:27 PM
Everybody trashed Kanter because he was a really bad defender. But the guy is an excellent rebounder and a very good efficient scorer. At this point I would say that Kanter is better than Melo.

LaVar Ball
12-09-2017, 02:31 PM
Westbrick doesn't make his teammates better regardless of all the triple doubles last year and this year and the MVP.

He doesn't play well with other fellow all-stars/superstars. Especially other perimeter oriented stars (KD, Melo, PG).

PG is going to bolt this summer to go back home to play with the Lakers.

LaVar Ball
12-09-2017, 02:32 PM

Melo has never been a superstar. A superstar means an excellent scorer and defender. He's always sucked on defense.

The term is "elite scorer".

LaVar Ball
12-09-2017, 02:36 PM
Pretty much but before his injury his scoring justified keeping him on court now he doesn't even have that he's basically a 25mil inefficient 300 pounds lou williams.

Lou Williams is a more impactful player than Carmelo Anthony. You just disrespected sweet Lou lol.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-09-2017, 02:41 PM
Lou Williams is a more impactful player than Carmelo Anthony. You just disrespected sweet Lou lol.

I'm hoping Lou is packaged with Jordan to Milwaukee.

LaVar Ball
12-09-2017, 03:23 PM
I'm hoping Lou is packaged with Jordan to Milwaukee.

For who?

kobe4thewinbang
12-09-2017, 03:55 PM
That's because PG is at 54 TS%, Melo 52% and Westy 50%. None of them are scoring very efficiently right now.No doubt! When they're all playing well, they could defeat one of the elite teams once or twice in a series.

kobe4thewinbang
12-09-2017, 03:57 PM
Yeah, Bledsoe would've been nice, or maybe a Kenneth Faried? He at least brings that energy off the bench. They should bring Carmelo in as the 6th man (like Cleveland wised up to w/Wade). Then you could roll out Westbrook/Roberson?/George/Faried/Adams. I don't know who OKC really has to offer, though. Any picks?

GREATNESS ONE
12-09-2017, 05:49 PM
Lol ďconned Phoenix in trading Bledsoe for Ball/ClarksonĒ? Lol wut?

Welp, OKC saw it happen once watching KD walk, if they donít click in a month or so, they should trade PG before they watch him walk too.

JAZZNC
12-09-2017, 06:36 PM
Lol ďconned Phoenix in trading Bledsoe for Ball/ClarksonĒ? Lol wut?

Welp, OKC saw it happen once watching KD walk, if they donít click in a month or so, they should trade PG before they watch him walk too.

Trading one dumpster fire for a other? At leas the Thunder have a great player already. The Lakers have nothing at the moment other than "potential". Now yes, if the Lakers are dumb enough to trade assets for a guy who will go there anyway yes you might have to go for it.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-09-2017, 07:07 PM
Even if Lakers land PG13 with the only cap they got. They still have to find a sucker to take Deng. That wont be easy. Laker fans on PSD think this is the 90's where teams got bent over and gave All Stars to them for junk. GREATNESS ONE who is it gonna take to dump Deng? You seem to think Ingram or Kuzma is off the table. Ball? Randle will be a RFA. He will have to be renounced next summer to clear his cap hold. Clarkson is a 3 year deal. Ya may find a team to eat him. But still Deng wont be easy.

cheetos185
12-09-2017, 07:12 PM
OKC should definitely trade PG13 maybe to Pels for Cousins. I think West/Cousins pick and roll would be unstoppable.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-09-2017, 07:16 PM
For who?

Clippers were aiming high in earlier talks of Middleton and or Brogdon and Henson as main salary filler from our bench junk pile. Jordan isn't worth Middleton straight up. I barely wanna part with Brogdon. But if Brogdon is sacrificed for the greater good to dump a Henson and Clippers choice of Delly or Telly sure.

I'd easily trade Maker and 2022 first and two junk fillers. Since you have to factor in Jordan makes $22.6M. Lou makes $7M. Unless Clippers want Snell? He can be traded December 15 I believe with his new contract. Not sure if our front office is ready to trade Parker yet or not. Also he's out till February.

Also Clippers have no leverage if Jordan walks since he has a player option next summer. Also Jordan hired Jeff Schwartz which is a close guy with Kidd and I see Middleton,Bledsoe,Parker all added Jordan on instagram according to reports. Probably doesn't mean anything. But Clippers are nose diving. Time to tank.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-09-2017, 07:19 PM
OKC should definitely trade PG13 maybe to Pels for Cousins. I think West/Cousins pick and roll would be unstoppable.

My guess if Cousins or PG13 all say they may leave as UFA. I'm sure Pelicans want some young guys that will be there a while to build on. Not a even swap of guys walking away for nothing. I'm sure Celtics would call Pelicans up in a heartbeat or Cavs possibly. Even though that Nets pick looks lame each day.

GREATNESS ONE
12-09-2017, 07:45 PM
Even if Lakers land PG13 with the only cap they got. They still have to find a sucker to take Deng. That wont be easy. Laker fans on PSD think this is the 90's where teams got bent over and gave All Stars to them for junk. GREATNESS ONE who is it gonna take to dump Deng? You seem to think Ingram or Kuzma is off the table. Ball? Randle will be a RFA. He will have to be renounced next summer to clear his cap hold. Clarkson is a 3 year deal. Ya may find a team to eat him. But still Deng wont be easy.

Thereís a loophole if we sign/extend and stretch Dengís contract, we would be on the hook for 3mill a year to pay off his contract. Itís an option we have, weíll see what happens but I feel there will be a lot of action starting December 15th - Trade deadline

GREATNESS ONE
12-09-2017, 07:53 PM
Trading one dumpster fire for a other? At leas the Thunder have a great player already. The Lakers have nothing at the moment other than "potential". Now yes, if the Lakers are dumb enough to trade assets for a guy who will go there anyway yes you might have to go for it.

Lol ďdumpster fireĒ yea OKC has a ton of history and great players. Iím not here to talk trash, all Iím saying is OKC should explore options for PG instead of letting him walk.Itís not dumb to trade for a player who wants to be on your team. Gaining his bird rights and ability to give him the most $ is very intelligent, heading into an off-season where big fish will be available. Having as much cap flexibility as possible will be a huge advantage being able to gain these players, especially if we can trade for one this season.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-10-2017, 09:50 AM
Thereís a loophole if we sign/extend and stretch Dengís contract, we would be on the hook for 3mill a year to pay off his contract. Itís an option we have, weíll see what happens but I feel there will be a lot of action starting December 15th - Trade deadline

I believe someone else posted a while back Deng stretched is like $7M or $8M per in dead money. For like 5 years or so.

GREATNESS ONE
12-10-2017, 10:44 AM
I believe someone else posted a while back Deng stretched is like $7M or $8M per in dead money. For like 5 years or so.

No, I can find the link if you want but it was more like extending him and then stretching his contract. We would be on the hook for 3mill a season for like 10years lolz! Deng would be getting paid 3mill a year well I to retirement

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-10-2017, 04:11 PM
$3M sounds a bit lite per. Heck Larry Sanders contract was like 4/$40M and stretched quite a bit and thats $1.8M per. Deng's is just a bit below $60M. Close to like $54M or so. Maybe its $3M per for like 5 or 6 years who knows.

tredigs
12-11-2017, 01:46 AM
This team does not have a single All Star this year. Let that sink in.

cheetos185
12-11-2017, 08:41 AM
The Lakers are the Knicks of the west for free agency media hype everyone wants to play there lol.

FlashBolt
12-11-2017, 01:15 PM
We need to be decent enough to compete and then trade PG at the deadline. I'll take picks. Melo will probably opt-in. Whatever. We can't win with this crap. And RWB, only enjoyed the guy for his solo antics. But when you're trying to win, this guy is an absolute idiot. We may have to consider trading him eventually. I'm sick of this guy already. He only ever cares about his image of triple doubles. How he has the guts to always make stupid play after stupid play amazes me. Presti tried his best considering we would never have won anyway but Adams was a stupid signing and we have the worst bench in the NBA. We need a massive overhaul and I think this coach also needs to be replaced ASAP. I'd like JVG, tbh. He would not be afraid to shove Russ to the side and tell him to gtfo.

Vinylman
12-11-2017, 02:03 PM
We need to be decent enough to compete and then trade PG at the deadline. I'll take picks. Melo will probably opt-in. Whatever. We can't win with this crap. And RWB, only enjoyed the guy for his solo antics. But when you're trying to win, this guy is an absolute idiot. We may have to consider trading him eventually. I'm sick of this guy already. He only ever cares about his image of triple doubles. How he has the guts to always make stupid play after stupid play amazes me. Presti tried his best considering we would never have won anyway but Adams was a stupid signing and we have the worst bench in the NBA. We need a massive overhaul and I think this coach also needs to be replaced ASAP. I'd like JVG, tbh. He would not be afraid to shove Russ to the side and tell him to gtfo.

The problem you guys have is Melo... once he opts in OKC really can't do much and that will just look like another wasted year for PG13 in his mind... might as well leave at that point...

Not saying he will go to the Lakers but why not head over to somewhere like Houston in a trade :speechless:

FlashBolt
12-11-2017, 02:25 PM
The problem you guys have is Melo... once he opts in OKC really can't do much and that will just look like another wasted year for PG13 in his mind... might as well leave at that point...

Not saying he will go to the Lakers but why not head over to somewhere like Houston in a trade :speechless:

Yup, that's why I said trade PG.. It's obvious PG ain't extending once he sees this won't work. I mean, these guys don't even seem to like each other. We need to start our rebuilding stage.. and yes, that involves trading Russ. We can't win with this guy and the more I watch him in the ending moments of a game, the more I am convinced he will never win a ring regardless of who is on his team. Melo opting in is a no-brainer from his standpoint. Unless the guy is truly stupid enough to think he can get more per year, he will opt-in. Whatever, we won't win this season anyways. Already nearly 30 games and I'm tired of watching OKC games. We're losing to teams that we would have zero issues beating the previous season. We have no depth. The coach is a total pansy who hasn't made a single adjustment. The fact some random guy on YouTube had to expose RWB's lack of off-ball movement and our coach not seeing any of that is pretty disgraceful. BLOW IT UP at this point and just keep Presti. I would rather expedite our rebuilding process than beat around the bush with a team I really don't enjoy watching anymore.

Vinylman
12-11-2017, 03:19 PM
Yup, that's why I said trade PG.. It's obvious PG ain't extending once he sees this won't work. I mean, these guys don't even seem to like each other. We need to start our rebuilding stage.. and yes, that involves trading Russ. We can't win with this guy and the more I watch him in the ending moments of a game, the more I am convinced he will never win a ring regardless of who is on his team. Melo opting in is a no-brainer from his standpoint. Unless the guy is truly stupid enough to think he can get more per year, he will opt-in. Whatever, we won't win this season anyways. Already nearly 30 games and I'm tired of watching OKC games. We're losing to teams that we would have zero issues beating the previous season. We have no depth. The coach is a total pansy who hasn't made a single adjustment. The fact some random guy on YouTube had to expose RWB's lack of off-ball movement and our coach not seeing any of that is pretty disgraceful. BLOW IT UP at this point and just keep Presti. I would rather expedite our rebuilding process than beat around the bush with a team I really don't enjoy watching anymore.

I actually think you guys would be better off trading him at the deadline but I am sure that is going to piss RW off...

There really is no reloading for you guys ... the problem is the franchise won't trade RW... they need him to be the draw... Adams isn't going to get you much and Roberson won't either...

You need cap relief and the only way you get that is by letting PG walk which is dumb or find someone to take on Melo which will not be cheap if you want to clear cap

I don't think the Lakers will be competing for the next couple of years and I doubt they get anyone they want so I would be willing to do the following Lopez/KCP/Brewer/Deng/Nance/2020 1st rounder for Melo/PG13/Roberson

Chronz
12-11-2017, 03:35 PM

So is this one a player issue or a coaching issue?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-11-2017, 04:37 PM
Thunder screwed the pooch keeping Perkins fat ***. Then couldn't afford to keep Harden then cause Perkins and Ibaka got their paydays before Harden. That was the start of this down hill decline. Then KD taking the easy way out. I cant stand Adams. He's like the most hated guy in the league with a punchable face.

Yeah if I was PG13 i'd probably take the Lakers money and run. Even if Lakers cant dump Deng, PG13,Ingram,Kuzma is a nice core 3. I haven't watched any of the Thunder games this season. But i'll take your word for it if WB and PG13 and Melo don't look like buddies at least on the court for show. Heck Giannis and Bledsoe are big smiles.

GREATNESS ONE
12-11-2017, 06:56 PM
I actually think you guys would be better off trading him at the deadline but I am sure that is going to piss RW off...

There really is no reloading for you guys ... the problem is the franchise won't trade RW... they need him to be the draw... Adams isn't going to get you much and Roberson won't either...

You need cap relief and the only way you get that is by letting PG walk which is dumb or find someone to take on Melo which will not be cheap if you want to clear cap

I don't think the Lakers will be competing for the next couple of years and I doubt they get anyone they want so I would be willing to do the following Lopez/KCP/Brewer/Deng/Nance/2020 1st rounder for Melo/PG13/Roberson

Trading away a boat load of cap for PG. I would do this trade too. Question, do we trade Julius or match his RFA # and keep him?

GiantsSwaGG
12-11-2017, 11:15 PM
Thank You OKC for taking Melo. We greatly appreciate it!

GREATNESS ONE
12-11-2017, 11:41 PM
Yikes, when do they start exploring the option of trading PG?

PC
12-11-2017, 11:41 PM
No, I can find the link if you want but it was more like extending him and then stretching his contract. We would be on the hook for 3mill a season for like 10years lolz! Deng would be getting paid 3mill a year well I to retirement

The loophole you are referring to would be to extend him for 3 years with no guaranteed money. The money stretched would then be divided by double the amount of years on the contract (5 once extended) plus 1, or 11. The problem is, Deng would have to agree to take the money over 11 years as opposed to 5, which given the time value of money, makes no sense for him. It's an interesting loophole, but seems a bit farfetched.

Vinylman
12-12-2017, 07:43 AM
Trading away a boat load of cap for PG. I would do this trade too. Question, do we trade Julius or match his RFA # and keep him?

Trade him... he will get us back the pick we have to give OKC... He could even be included in a 3 way to get OKC that pick

europagnpilgrim
12-12-2017, 10:32 AM

Let me make sure I am reading you right

you want the OKC Thunder to BLOW IT UP but you want to keep the guy(Presti) who is 1000pct responsible for you calling for the blow up? I mean damn wouldn't it make sense to want to oust the GM and coach and call it a day? you have to rebuild with quality players and last I checked OKC has 3, Melo is still good for what he is good at and that's putting up shots/getting buckets and the volume or attempts comes down to coaching scheme and the GM also being intelligent enough to figure out of this would work and not make the trade just for headline sensationalism

reason why its not working is because neither PG13 or Melo wanted to be in OKC, its not like where CP3 opted in to get traded to his choice of Houston, that's a big difference

if you BLOW IT UP you have to get rid of Presti as well, he hasn't won a ring with OKC and its so much you can live off of old Spurs success and he is the reason why the roster is as of right now today

I would replace the coach with one on the bench, Cheeks and then based on how the team finishes I would look into a M Jackson or a young hungry good college coach, they just chose the wrong one and let that other good one get away in Boston

D-Leethal
12-12-2017, 10:58 AM
Presti is still one of the better GMs in the league. He was put in an extremely tough position when KD left. He HAD to resign Westy and after doing that he cowed to the pressure in trying to match GSW and Houston. FWIW, Morey would have traded for Melo in a second and he would have had the same negative impact there. No one is saying Morey is a bad GM. You don't want to let a guy like Presti walk just because this experiment may fail. It's not like he locked this current team up for 5 years. It's a short term gamble.

Vinylman
12-12-2017, 11:06 AM
People are so dumb when it comes to the OKC Thunder...

Presti has constantly had his hands tied behind his back by ownerships lack of money...

There is no way he trades Harden for personnel reasons... it had everything to do with the Chesapeake ****s having all their money tied up in a volatile commodity

Jayb587
12-12-2017, 11:18 AM
Paul George... Welcome to LA!

GREATNESS ONE
12-12-2017, 12:05 PM
Paul George... Welcome to LA!

OKC has to start shopping him around right? Wht teams would legit trade for him knowing he might walk in the off-season? Cavs? Rockets? Lakers? I canít see any other viable option if he was traded too, that he would re-sign.

LaVar Ball
12-12-2017, 12:11 PM
Yikes, when do they start exploring the option of trading PG?

Billy Donovan will get fired first before PG is traded.

LaVar Ball
12-12-2017, 12:13 PM
OKC has to start shopping him around right? Wht teams would legit trade for him knowing he might walk in the off-season? Cavs? Rockets? Lakers? I canít see any other viable option if he was traded too, that he would re-sign.
OKC really doesnít have much leverage at this point. I would trade Clarkson, Deng and Zubac for Paul George. That would be a fair trade imo.

No way we give up a versatile player like Randle for a 6 month rental.

GREATNESS ONE
12-12-2017, 12:17 PM
OKC really doesnít have much leverage at this point. I would trade Clarkson, Deng and Zubac for Paul George. That would be a fair trade imo.

Well, the thing is, I donít think it would be a rental, I can see PG signing long term. Especially moving from ISO-Ball to Team first make the extra pass Ball.

Youíre right though, OKC is losing leverage every loss. I think Billy Donovan should be canned but I also think they need to explore options trading PG.

****, Iíll do them a favor and take Meloís contract for the extra 27mill 1year option he has left if it means keeping Clarkson.

I think, Vinyl and a few other are right, we should explore trading Julius for a top pick if weíre not going to commit to this guy Long-term.

Trading for Paul George would be HUGE advantage for us in working around the cap. December 15 canít get here fast enough, I feel like this is going to be one crazy Trade deadline.

GREATNESS ONE
12-12-2017, 12:18 PM

BLO, Deng, Zubac, Nance, 1st round pick for PG & Melo.

LaVar Ball
12-12-2017, 12:24 PM
Well, the thing is, I donít think it would be a rental, I can see PG signing long term. Especially moving from ISO-Ball to Team first make the extra pass Ball.

Youíre right though, OKC is losing leverage every loss. I think Billy Donovan should be canned but I also think they need to explore options trading PG.

****, Iíll do them a favor and take Meloís contract for the extra 27mill 1year option he has left if it means keeping Clarkson.

I think, Vinyl and a few other are right, we should explore trading Julius for a top pick if weíre not going to commit to this guy Long-term.

Trading for Paul George would be HUGE advantage for us in working around the cap. December 15 canít get here fast enough, I feel like this is going to be one crazy Trade deadline.

Too many moving parts and possibilities for sure. Itís hard to see us trying to get Melo or him being happy here. He wants to be with his buddies either in Houston or Cleveland. At this point of his career, he needs other superstars to hold his hand.

LaVar Ball
12-12-2017, 12:25 PM
BLO, Deng, Zubac, Nance, 1st round pick for PG & Melo.
Brook Lopez is literally useless. One of either Nance or Randle has to go for sure.

Do we even have a first round pick ?

Vinylman
12-12-2017, 12:30 PM

Those two definitely would be in but Houston doesn't have expirings so it would be tough for them ...

Vinylman
12-12-2017, 12:33 PM

That's a ridiculous offer as it doesn't give OKC any cap relief

GREATNESS ONE
12-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Too many moving parts and possibilities for sure. Itís hard to see us trying to get Melo or him being happy here. He wants to be with his buddies either in Houston or Cleveland. At this point of his career, he needs other superstars to hold his hand.

Honestly, itís 100% certain heís opting in this off-season and taking the 27mill dollars. So really, it doesnít matter where he wants to go since heís just taking the money instead of going where he wants for the vet minimum.

I want nothing to do with him tbh but Iíll do it just to get PG and get rid of Deng.

Jamiecballer
12-12-2017, 02:15 PM
Let me make sure I am reading you right

you want the OKC Thunder to BLOW IT UP but you want to keep the guy(Presti) who is 1000pct responsible for you calling for the blow up? I mean damn wouldn't it make sense to want to oust the GM and coach and call it a day? you have to rebuild with quality players and last I checked OKC has 3, Melo is still good for what he is good at and that's putting up shots/getting buckets and the volume or attempts comes down to coaching scheme and the GM also being intelligent enough to figure out of this would work and not make the trade just for headline sensationalism

reason why its not working is because neither PG13 or Melo wanted to be in OKC, its not like where CP3 opted in to get traded to his choice of Houston, that's a big difference

if you BLOW IT UP you have to get rid of Presti as well, he hasn't won a ring with OKC and its so much you can live off of old Spurs success and he is the reason why the roster is as of right now today

I would replace the coach with one on the bench, Cheeks and then based on how the team finishes I would look into a M Jackson or a young hungry good college coach, they just chose the wrong one and let that other good one get away in BostonI agree presti owns this mess completely but I don't think I'd fire him. Golden State has made everyone become impatient as hell, presti just got caught up. He's too good to let go imo

blahblahyoutoo
12-17-2017, 11:06 AM
Melo just lost to his former team without their 2 best players.....

Tg11
12-17-2017, 11:15 AM
It is obvious that this experiment of George-Westbrook-Melo is not working and if I were PG-13 at this point I would almost want to bolt out of OKC and go to LA. At this point since that is where Paul George wants to go hell where he wanted to go. However, the problems within this time aren't just Melo but Westbrook he is the main reason why this time is losing.

mightybosstone
12-17-2017, 11:19 AM
Melo just lost to his former team without their 2 best players.....

I thought about bumping this thread because of last night's loss, too, but thought I'd leave it alone for the Thunder fans who are probably reeling after that loss. But it's totally bump-worthy. That loss is just really, really bad. And I get that it was the second night of a back to back, on the road after playing a triple overtime game on Friday. But Micheal freaking Beasley outplayed all of their stars, and they got blown out despite no Porzingis or Hardaway.

This is now the point for me where I honestly don't think this Thunder team will work out. I had my doubts before, and I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt after back-to-back wins against quality teams. But since that Warriors win that got everyone pumped, they're 6-6 with their wins coming by a combined 21 points and their losses on a combined 63 points. And five of those six losses have been to bad basketball teams.

I'm not ruling out the possibility of them coming together and winning 50ish games, but I'm no longer expecting it. If I'm Presti, I give this until the All-Star break and the trade deadline, but I'm already fielding calls for a potential fire sale to move George and Melo.

Tg11
12-17-2017, 11:29 AM
Exactly at this point they might as well entertain offers for both George and Melo. They really can't go wrong with trading one or both players at this point. This team clearly is not working out and something needs to be done. Like 30 something games into this season you would have thought that this OKC team would finally come together as a team and finally find their chemistry which they clearly have not. I mean Presti might as well say that this experiment clearly is not working and OKC they definitely are going to have to rebuild.

GiantsSwaGG
12-17-2017, 01:13 PM
Nobody taking Melo, heís pretty much done and he needs to come off the bench. George looks like he canít wait for the season to be over to head to LA, Westbrook like ďI got paid, let me get these triple doubles idc if we winĒ

Like I said before thank you Thunder for taking Melo off our hands and giving us Kanter and Dougy

Kanter although is playing well I hope he opts out.

McBuckets has been a surprise. I thought he was trash but heís turned into a solid bench piece and his defense has improve. Hope we can resign him because heís won is a couple of games.

Tg11
12-17-2017, 01:20 PM
But Melo ain't gonna come off the bench

GREATNESS ONE
12-17-2017, 02:38 PM
yea Itís definitely not working in OKC, , might as well change their name to the OK3 because theyíre just ok.

Westbrook is an animal but definitely not the leader you want to build around. Oklahoma, should explore option with LAL and get complimentary pieces to surround Westy. Randle, Nance, Zubac, Bryant, Clarkson, Hart, expirings in Lopez/KCP/Brewer. I mean something can get done and itís better than letting him walk.

Melo, as Vinyl posted could be traded and bought out but I feel that might be highly unlikely as he has a 27mill player option. How is he going to pas that, just to go sign for the vet minimum in Hou/Cle.

Tg11
12-17-2017, 02:43 PM
Yeah those are probably the only places Melo would go to that being Houston or Cleveland because let's face it those are probably his best options at winning a ring but at the same time I can't see Houston because of D'Antoni...but in Cleveland they would have to move a lot of pieces in order to get Melo and Melo in a Cleveland system would he even start? Or would he actually accept coming off the bench?

But as for PG-13 since he has much as states that he wants to go to the Lakers...there is still the issue of Deng's contract too as well but they would have to trade like Randle, Clarkson and Nance all to OKC as well as draft picks to get PG-13

Scoots
12-17-2017, 02:45 PM
OKC should probably look to trade Russ.

Tg11
12-17-2017, 02:47 PM
Russ has that super max contract hell he is the most expensive player in the NBA and you would actually trade him saying good bye to all that money

And honestly if Russ were to go to any other team he still wouldn't win a championship

GREATNESS ONE
12-17-2017, 02:57 PM
They should trade him but they wonít and they canít, theyíre married after that Super-Max contract. Oklahoma needs a draw, my dad lives in that state, have you guys been there? Lol

They need to be able to have something to put butts in the seats. Itís obvious Westrbrook is a selfish player who will never win a title. You just do good business and build a team around Westy and sell tickets. That team that makes the playoffs every year but just never enough to put them over the hump. The state motto is Oklahoma is OK. They should just have an OK b-ball team.

Tg11
12-17-2017, 03:17 PM
And that is why OKC is losing because of Westbrook being so selfish as a player

LaVar Ball
12-17-2017, 06:29 PM
And that is why OKC is losing because of Westbrook being so selfish as a player

OKC needs a pass first point guard similar to Lonzo to be successful.

Tg11
12-17-2017, 06:32 PM
OKC needs a pass first point guard similar to Lonzo to be successful.

Or if they at least had that on their 2nd unit then they could be successful too well if you have a similar point guard in that regard a scoring point guard who can pass like someone like a Jrue Holiday or a Rondo type then they would be fine

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-18-2017, 04:13 PM
Nobody taking Melo, heís pretty much done and he needs to come off the bench. George looks like he canít wait for the season to be over to head to LA, Westbrook like ďI got paid, let me get these triple doubles idc if we winĒ

Like I said before thank you Thunder for taking Melo off our hands and giving us Kanter and Dougy

Kanter although is playing well I hope he opts out.

McBuckets has been a surprise. I thought he was trash but heís turned into a solid bench piece and his defense has improve. Hope we can resign him because heís won is a couple of games.

Center market is drying up. Actually entire free agent market is drying up Maybe 4 teams total with $20M or more? I'd expect some player options to be picked up like Kanter, Jordan, Melo to name a few.

Vee-Rex
12-18-2017, 04:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymP_nu8o-to

GREATNESS ONE
12-18-2017, 05:01 PM
Wow havenít watched much Thunder basketball this season but wow thatís bad. Westbrook is such a selfish player and Melo should be off the bench. They really should call the Lakers and see what they will offer for PG.

FlashBolt
12-18-2017, 05:14 PM
Wow havenít watched much Thunder basketball this season but wow thatís bad. Westbrook is such a selfish player and Melo should be off the bench. They really should call the Lakers and see what they will offer for PG.

Lonzo or Ingram and Clarkson for PG.

GREATNESS ONE
12-18-2017, 05:32 PM
Only players that should be untouchable are Kuzma, Lonzo, Ingram... I would think everyone else is available. Just canít see Lakers moving one of those kids.

FlashBolt
12-18-2017, 05:33 PM
Only players that should be untouchable are Kuzma, Lonzo, Ingram... I would think everyone else is available. Just canít see Lakers moving one of those kids.

Well, you guys have nothing to offer otherwise. We might as well contact Cleveland and get a much better offer.

GREATNESS ONE
12-18-2017, 05:37 PM
I donít see a much better offer coming from Cleveland unless they part with IT, Or that BKN pick which is highly unlikely.

Lakers have plenty of pieces to move, some good young talent, and huge expiring contracts. With a ton of cap space, we could absorb one of your bad contracts.

Vee-Rex
12-18-2017, 05:39 PM
I donít see a much better offer coming from Cleveland unless they part with IT, Or that BKN pick which is highly unlikely.

Lakers have plenty of pieces to move, some good young talent, and huge expiring contracts. With a ton of cap space, we could absorb one of your bad contracts.

I'd part with the Brk pick for Paul George

GREATNESS ONE
12-18-2017, 05:42 PM
We could also trade Randle to a team that needs a solid young PF w/ a high motor and much better around the rim this years for a 1st (Utah, Portland, etc)

Or what I think is going to happen is just finding a third partner in a 3-team Trade.

GREATNESS ONE
12-18-2017, 05:44 PM
I'd part with the Brk pick for Paul George

Do you think management will? Can you show me a trade including BKN 1st that you would offer for PG? That would be interesting if Cleveland could land a PG or Cousins for that BKN pick.

Vee-Rex
12-18-2017, 05:44 PM
Dream trade:

Cavs send out: Tristan Thompson, Iman Shumpert, Jae Crowder, Cedi Osman, Nets 2018 1st, Cavs 2018 1st, + cash
Cavs receive: Paul George, Steven Adams

IT/Wade
George/Smith
James/Korver
Love/Green
Adams/Frye

= championship

Vee-Rex
12-18-2017, 05:45 PM
Do you think management will? Can you show me a trade including BKN 1st that you would offer for PG? That would be interesting if Cleveland could land a PG or Cousins for that BKN pick.

I have no idea if they would.

FlashBolt
12-18-2017, 07:42 PM
Dream trade:

Cavs send out: Tristan Thompson, Iman Shumpert, Jae Crowder, Cedi Osman, Nets 2018 1st, Cavs 2018 1st, + cash

IT/Wade
George/Smith
James/Korver
Love/Green
Adams/Frye

= championship

Dude, I will take that.. And we will trade you Melo for Tyron Lue. You don't need him anyways. All we would then need to do is start rebuilding, get rid of Melo somehow, and try to trade Russ for some young pieces who are bad fits on some teams. Please please please

lol, please
12-18-2017, 08:02 PM
Dream trade:

IT/Wade
George/Smith
James/Korver
Love/Green
Adams/Frye

= championshipAlmost took this seriously til you got to "Championship". Then lol'd.

Vee-Rex
12-18-2017, 08:12 PM
Almost took this seriously til you got to "Championship". Then lol'd.

truth, we'd probably struggle with the Rockets in the finals

WaDe03
12-18-2017, 09:05 PM

Very good post. Well said.

lol, please
12-18-2017, 10:14 PM
truth, we'd probably struggle with the Rockets in the finalsDefinitely. Anyone else would get wiped.

blahblahyoutoo
12-19-2017, 02:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymP_nu8o-to

summary: melo is still all iso and throwing up bricks, westbrook is a ball hog that doesn't move w/out the ball, adams is holding his own on D, PG is the lone bright spot.

Tg11
12-19-2017, 09:28 AM
Thunder with yet another win...they are at .500 right now

Vinylman
12-19-2017, 12:20 PM
Dream trade:

IT/Wade
George/Smith
James/Korver
Love/Green
Adams/Frye

= championship

I would take that team over GSW pretty easily if IT is healthy

not to mention they will get some buyout guys at the deadline

Heediot
12-19-2017, 04:24 PM
I think Melo is aiming for another big extension. He wants to rack up some numbers, and get his money. Them Banana boat boys are bout that doe. Maybe he'll tone it down and play within himself and the system(s) after his next contract.

Tg11
12-19-2017, 04:28 PM
I think Melo is aiming for another big extension. He wants to rack up some numbers, and get his money. Them Banana boat boys are bout that doe. Maybe he'll tone it down and play within himself and the system(s) after his next contract.

You right you definitely right

cheetos185
12-19-2017, 06:54 PM
Yeah those are probably the only places Melo would go to that being Houston or Cleveland because let's face it those are probably his best options at winning a ring but at the same time I can't see Houston because of D'Antoni...but in Cleveland they would have to move a lot of pieces in order to get Melo and Melo in a Cleveland system would he even start? Or would he actually accept coming off the bench?

But as for PG-13 since he has much as states that he wants to go to the Lakers...there is still the issue of Deng's contract too as well but they would have to trade like Randle, Clarkson and Nance all to OKC as well as draft picks to get PG-13Why would you give up George for Randle Nance and Clarkson none of them are elite prospect your better off trading him to Cavs for that nets pick if Lakers want him badly they should cough up Ingram or Ball+Kuzma at least.

GREATNESS ONE
12-19-2017, 07:46 PM
Lol thereís no way Ball, Ingram or Kuzma get shipped.

lol, please
12-19-2017, 09:44 PM
I would take that team over GSW pretty easily if IT is healthy

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

LOb0
12-20-2017, 12:11 AM

You'd struggle but pull it off in 7.

tredigs
12-20-2017, 12:31 AM
Thunder with yet another win...they are at .500 right now

They lost a lot of close games early on and that has come around the other way for them in the past couple weeks. They're inching closer to where they'll ultimately land, which is a slightly better than .500 team (unless they ship PG at the deadline).

valade16
12-20-2017, 05:08 PM
After starting 8-12 they are 7-3 since 1 December.

mightybosstone
12-20-2017, 05:17 PM
After starting 8-12 they are 7-3 since 1 December.

Yes, but as I've already mentioned, those 7 wins were by a margin of like 22 points, and their three losses were really bad. I don't think we're remotely at the point yet where we can say they've turned the corner.

valade16
12-20-2017, 05:28 PM
Yes, but as I've already mentioned, those 7 wins were by a margin of like 22 points, and their three losses were really bad. I don't think we're remotely at the point yet where we can say they've turned the corner.

Well of their first 12 losses, 10 of them were by less than 10 points and their average margin of loss was 6.75 points yet only 1 of their 8 wins was by less than 10 points. So they were losing close games early in the season and now they are winning their close games.

Even if that evens out, it points to a clearly above .500 team.

mightybosstone
12-20-2017, 06:10 PM
Well of their first 12 losses, 10 of them were by less than 10 points and their average margin of loss was 6.75 points yet only 1 of their 8 wins was by less than 10 points. So they were losing close games early in the season and now they are winning their close games.

Even if that evens out, it points to a clearly above .500 team.

But I'm pretty sure nobody would have looked at this roster before the season and have been satisfied with "above .500." For me, at least, 42-45 wins and a first round exit for this squad isn't enough.

Vee-Rex
12-20-2017, 06:49 PM
But I'm pretty sure nobody would have looked at this roster before the season and have been satisfied with "above .500." For me, at least, 42-45 wins and a first round exit for this squad isn't enough.

No, we all want everything to work out instantly.

Still, the final win total isn't the most important part (assuming they win enough to make the playoffs). If they somehow manage to find their groove and play contender-style basketball in March and April, then all those previous losses really don't mean as much.

I'm hoping for the following standings in the West:

1. Houston
2. San Antonio
3. Golden State
4. Don't matter
5. Don't matter
6. Oklahoma City

cheetos185
12-20-2017, 07:46 PM
Wait so your expectations of OKC is below multiple unknown teams lol

lol, please
12-20-2017, 10:05 PM
Wait so your expectations of OKC is below multiple unknown teams lol

Sent from my Z981 using TapatalkLol'd at that as well.

He just wants certain matchups.

As far as me as a fan, I've alwasya said the same - no matter how good, or bad the Warriors are: I want to beat the best to be the best.

Never gotten into the whole, weak vs strong run debate. Find it silly. You beat who is put in front of you, period.

KnickNyKnick
12-23-2017, 02:45 AM
OKC seems like their getting it together, Won 9 of the last 12. This team can be dangerous, they need a little more time. By playoff time they will be the team non of the top seeds want to be matched with. There could be a major upset this year, as OKC maybe a lower seed and Knock out a team like SA, or Minny. I don't think they have chance vs the Rockets though, and maybe can go to a game 6/7 vs GS.

They really just need to obtain a good SG

FlashBolt
12-23-2017, 03:11 AM
OKC seems like their getting it together, Won 9 of the last 12. This team can be dangerous, they need a little more time. By playoff time they will be the team non of the top seeds want to be matched with. There could be a major upset this year, as OKC maybe a lower seed and Knock out a team like SA, or Minny. I don't think they have chance vs the Rockets though, and maybe can go to a game 6/7 vs GS.

They really just need to obtain a good SG

We beat really bad teams dealing with injuries and or just average. We had a pretty easy schedule. It's definitely a good sign. I'm happy Russ is playing really well lately. Now if Melo can just start knocking shots down, we should be good enough to get in the playoffs and hopefully by then, we can sniff out some playoff series wins. Truthfully, though, I don't like our chances. We're terrible late at games with decision making and our lack of bench just pisses me off. I'd prefer we just be outside of the playoff range and then trade PG to rebuild. I don't see PG resigning.

Chapin78
12-23-2017, 03:20 PM
In the long run with close wins and losses by the end of the season they even themselves out. Point is that they need to play better and not all teams work together well even if on paper they are legit prior to the season.

FlashBolt
12-23-2017, 03:55 PM
You guys won't believe how many late game mistakes we had that could easily be 5-6 wins. That's a lot to do with poor fit and decision making because we have too many ISO players so defending us is easy. We need to pass the ball more in these situations and get the defense to open up so we can get better shots. Even that last shot with Russ pulling up for three was a hail mary three. My ideal scenario, if we don't see a drastic improvement by ASG, we should trade PG and get what we can. It would be an absolute travesty if we let that go for nothing.

Tg11
12-23-2017, 06:43 PM
Hearing rumblings that OKC is thinking about trading Paul George or that George is trying to get out of OKC come trade deadline. However, if that happens then where will PG go? Ideal destination for PG-13 would be Los Angeles Lakers and I will tell you why? Not only is Paul George from the LA area but he even stated that he wants to be a Laker. Not to mention putting Paul George around that young nucleus of guys like Kuzma, Ball, Nance, Randle, etc. he would not only be the 1st option on that team but they would look pretty good overall not just defensively but offensively too with the addition of PG-13. Only assuming if the Lakers don't move around their young pieces and George goes there anyway.

Other places that PG-13 could go to besides the Lakers he could go to:

Cavs- He would be right back in the East and he would be on an already stacked team with LeBron, IT, Love, TT and then if you add PG-13 along to a team with Wade, Crowder and those guys then Cleveland would definitely have enough to compete with or topple Golden State. However, for that to happen they would have to trade away certain assets on their team as well as draft picks to get PG-13. But it would definitely be worth it.

Clippers- PG-13 add him to the mix with Blake and DeAndre assuming he doesn't leave not only would PG-13 be "The Guy" for the Clippers but with him joining their team he would essentially make the Clippers better. Not to mention PG-13 is from the LA area so if he doesn't end up a Laker then the next best thing to stay in LA would be going to the Clippers.

Celtics- Add PG-13 to a nucleus with Kyrie, Horford, Hayward whenever he comes back and then you add PG-13 to their team they would look damn scary on paper. They could trade a lot of their pieces but hey it would definitely be worth it especially to see him go to Boston. They would definitely in that case have enough to dethrone Cleveland.

Raptors- Now this would definitely be a good fit for PG-13 especially if he ended up a Raptor. Putting him with DeMar DeRozan and Kyle Lowry they would have quite the Big 3 in Toronto especially if you add George in the mix. Raptors could easily do away with JV, Powell and at least 2 draft picks by sending them to OKC in exchange for PG-13. Also PG-13 wants to be on a contender and the Raptors especially in the East as much as I hate on them they are contenders whether I like it or not. Adding George they would look damn good in the East.

KnickNyKnick
12-23-2017, 08:59 PM
You guys won't believe how many late game mistakes we had that could easily be 5-6 wins. That's a lot to do with poor fit and decision making because we have too many ISO players so defending us is easy. We need to pass the ball more in these situations and get the defense to open up so we can get better shots. Even that last shot with Russ pulling up for three was a hail mary three. My ideal scenario, if we don't see a drastic improvement by ASG, we should trade PG and get what we can. It would be an absolute travesty if we let that go for nothing.

Thats what happens with new players are on a team. I really think they have what it takes. Melo has a history of getting real hot during March/April games. But he just didn't have the team to make the playoffs and continue his hot streak. This time he does. We'll see though, Definitely keeping an eye out (rooting) for OKC. If they cant win it, i just hope they bump GS out or something for KD to feel the burn. ;)

KnickNyKnick
12-23-2017, 09:00 PM
Hearing rumblings that OKC is thinking about trading Paul George or that George is trying to get out of OKC come trade deadline. However, if that happens then where will PG go? Ideal destination for PG-13 would be Los Angeles Lakers and I will tell you why? Not only is Paul George from the LA area but he even stated that he wants to be a Laker. Not to mention putting Paul George around that young nucleus of guys like Kuzma, Ball, Nance, Randle, etc. he would not only be the 1st option on that team but they would look pretty good overall not just defensively but offensively too with the addition of PG-13. Only assuming if the Lakers don't move around their young pieces and George goes there anyway.

Other places that PG-13 could go to besides the Lakers he could go to:

Cavs- He would be right back in the East and he would be on an already stacked team with LeBron, IT, Love, TT and then if you add PG-13 along to a team with Wade, Crowder and those guys then Cleveland would definitely have enough to compete with or topple Golden State. However, for that to happen they would have to trade away certain assets on their team as well as draft picks to get PG-13. But it would definitely be worth it.

Clippers- PG-13 add him to the mix with Blake and DeAndre assuming he doesn't leave not only would PG-13 be "The Guy" for the Clippers but with him joining their team he would essentially make the Clippers better. Not to mention PG-13 is from the LA area so if he doesn't end up a Laker then the next best thing to stay in LA would be going to the Clippers.

Celtics- Add PG-13 to a nucleus with Kyrie, Horford, Hayward whenever he comes back and then you add PG-13 to their team they would look damn scary on paper. They could trade a lot of their pieces but hey it would definitely be worth it especially to see him go to Boston. They would definitely in that case have enough to dethrone Cleveland.

Raptors- Now this would definitely be a good fit for PG-13 especially if he ended up a Raptor. Putting him with DeMar DeRozan and Kyle Lowry they would have quite the Big 3 in Toronto especially if you add George in the mix. Raptors could easily do away with JV, Powell and at least 2 draft picks by sending them to OKC in exchange for PG-13. Also PG-13 wants to be on a contender and the Raptors especially in the East as much as I hate on them they are contenders whether I like it or not. Adding George they would look damn good in the East.

If PG goes to LA, i think Lebron may follow. But if the Cavs win it this year he's staying put im sure.

ewing
12-24-2017, 12:57 AM
I donít think the sky has fallen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
12-24-2017, 02:26 AM
Team is 3 games over .500 and there problem is offensive. They got the tools to get better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KnickNyKnick
12-25-2017, 11:27 PM
OKC defeated Houston. Westbrook is a beast

FlashBolt
12-25-2017, 11:40 PM
OKC defeated Houston. Westbrook is a beast

If you had to name an MVP the past five games, he wins that. Sensational the past week. PG has been struggling but he's giving us tough defense and making timely plays. Melo is Melo. Either he's on or off. So far, he's been off and we are still winning. I hope he can get his groove going because we don't win at all if Melo just bricks.

Tg11
12-26-2017, 10:32 AM
OKC have beaten Houston and on Christmas no less...I mean on such a grand stage like Christmas Westbrook knows that he had to come out to play and he did

PG-13 even though he is struggling right now he is at least contributing so I will give him that

5 game winning streak now but who do OKC have next?

Vinylman
12-26-2017, 10:46 AM
Nice win for the Thunder but the Rockets are pretty thin right now...

Lets see how it goes the next couple of weeks for the Thunder before we read to much into this recent upswing

Tg11
12-26-2017, 10:51 AM
Thunder have the Raptors next...2 of the league's hottest teams right now both on winning streaks

Hustla23
12-26-2017, 12:54 PM
If you had to name an MVP the past five games, he wins that. Sensational the past week. PG has been struggling but he's giving us tough defense and making timely plays. Melo is Melo. Either he's on or off. So far, he's been off and we are still winning. I hope he can get his groove going because we don't win at all if Melo just bricks.

You just have to hope that Melo hits one of his 2 or 3 week long hot streaks that he'll have one of each year at the right time. Preferably during the playoffs lol.

WaDe03
12-26-2017, 02:09 PM
Goodbye to my dreams of PG for the Nets pick.

Federal Reserve
12-26-2017, 02:14 PM
Goodbye to my dreams of PG for the Nets pick.

How much more help does Lebron need?

lol, please
12-26-2017, 04:05 PM
Thunder have the Raptors next...2 of the league's hottest teams right now both on winning streaksThat's a game I can't miss! I hate how they never show Raptors games on national tv here.