PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Threat Out west

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 04:26 AM
Wolves or Thunder and why?

HandsOnTheWheel
11-30-2017, 04:52 AM
Still way early for this thread but OKC no doubt, once they get it figured out (assuming they do)

Hawkeye15
11-30-2017, 10:17 AM
a threat to whom?

mightybosstone
11-30-2017, 10:47 AM
Yeah, the title is a little confusing, but I'm assuming we're just talking about postseason threat in general. Right now, I'm taking the Wolves. They're the deeper team and while they don't have as much top-tier talent as the Thunder, they have more talent top to bottom. They're horrible defensively, obviously, but at some point I've got to think that Thibs is going to turn that around and get them closer to the league average. I also think Butler can play better basketball than he's played up to this point, and if he gets anywhere near the level he played at in Chicago, that 1-2 punch of he and Towns will be deadly.

But the Thunder team is just kind of a dumpster fire right now. They have so few guys outside of Westbrook, Melo, George and Adams who would get legitimate minutes on an NBA playoff roster, and they have no clue how to hold leads. If those three guys figure out how to gel and get more out of their underwhelming supporting cast, then maybe my answer would change later in the season. But right now, they're clearly the inferior team, and I need them to prove to me that they're not.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 10:56 AM
just in general post season threat... i think the wolves are by far the team that will scare every other team out west in a 7 game series... OKC is getting all the love and might turn it around but a butler/wiggins/towns trio to me is scarier than PG13/Westy/Melo.

Giannis94
11-30-2017, 11:00 AM
How TF are these two even comparable? Because of big off-seasons or what?

kdspurman
11-30-2017, 11:07 AM
Even though OKC is struggling, I'm going with them. I just think they'll turn it around eventually, and they're the better defensive team which usually means something come post-season.

I also haven't seen some of those guys in Minny in the playoffs yet, so there is that "unknown" factor with how they'll perform at that level.

Hawkeye15
11-30-2017, 11:27 AM
Yeah, the title is a little confusing, but I'm assuming we're just talking about postseason threat in general. Right now, I'm taking the Wolves. They're the deeper team and while they don't have as much top-tier talent as the Thunder, they have more talent top to bottom. They're horrible defensively, obviously, but at some point I've got to think that Thibs is going to turn that around and get them closer to the league average. I also think Butler can play better basketball than he's played up to this point, and if he gets anywhere near the level he played at in Chicago, that 1-2 punch of he and Towns will be deadly.

But the Thunder team is just kind of a dumpster fire right now. They have so few guys outside of Westbrook, Melo, George and Adams who would get legitimate minutes on an NBA playoff roster, and they have no clue how to hold leads. If those three guys figure out how to gel and get more out of their underwhelming supporting cast, then maybe my answer would change later in the season. But right now, they're clearly the inferior team, and I need me to prove that they're not.

watching the Thunder, it's like watching 5 guys at a time pass the ball to someone else so they don't piss anyone off. Meaning, it appears guys are going out of their way to not step on toes. This isn't uncommon when you take #1 options for years, and give them a new role. But their depth isn't great, and I just don't trust any team that asks Melo to help win a lot of games. Plus, as amazing as Westy can be individually, I am not convinced he is able to lead a contender.

warfelg
11-30-2017, 12:32 PM
OKC feels like that team that can make it as the 6th seed and make it to the WCF.

Chronz
11-30-2017, 05:16 PM
just in general post season threat... i think the wolves are by far the team that will scare every other team out west in a 7 game series... OKC is getting all the love and might turn it around but a butler/wiggins/towns trio to me is scarier than PG13/Westy/Melo.

You think they won't have the normal growing pains of a virgin playoff team? Even tho they've had all the other youth oriented set backs

Chronz
11-30-2017, 05:17 PM
OKC feels like that team that can make it as the 6th seed and make it to the WCF.

They are. Book it

Bostonjorge
12-02-2017, 12:21 AM
I hope they meet in the playoffs.

FlashBolt
12-02-2017, 12:29 AM

We are. As long as we are in the playoffs, I think our starters are capable of taking out teams. We're just having difficulty adjusting to some of these teams.

Bostonjorge
12-02-2017, 02:49 AM
George vs Wiggins was a great SG match up. Canít wait for the rematch.

ballislife72
12-04-2017, 10:57 PM

I would love for this to happen! It would definitiely be good for the ratings. Wink Wink

FlashBolt
12-04-2017, 11:02 PM
I would love for this to happen! It would definitiely be good for the ratings. Wink Wink

Yup. Celtics vs Cavs ECF and Warriors vs OKC ECF.. I'd actually rather watch OKC vs Warriors than Warriors vs Cavs. We can dream