PDA

View Full Version : 11/29 NBA Game Thread

kdspurman
11-29-2017, 05:18 PM
Wednesday November 29th, 2017

http://i64.tinypic.com/2uy2a39.jpg

NFLAccess
11-29-2017, 05:42 PM
Rockets win but going to be a close game. Indiana has been playing well lately.

ballislife72
11-29-2017, 06:07 PM
Going to Heat Knicks tonight and of course the one person I want to watch is not playing. Hassan "Injury-Prone" Whiteside. ughhhhhhh

Who gets the W tonight????

NFLAccess
11-29-2017, 06:10 PM
Going to Heat Knicks tonight and of course the one person I want to watch is not playing. Hassan "Injury-Prone" Whiteside. ughhhhhhh

Who gets the W tonight????

Knicks. Cavs really gave it to the Heat last night. Watch out for Tim Hardaway Jr.

MJNetsIsles
11-29-2017, 06:37 PM
Nets should get the win tonight over Dallas.

If they can't, I will be very disappointed.

Vee-Rex
11-29-2017, 06:40 PM
Feels like teams are always w/o their best players when playing the Raptors. No Kemba Walker tonight vs. the Hornets.

vs. Hornets tonight - No Kemba
vs. Celtics - No Kyrie
vs. Sixers - No Embiid
vs. Spurs - No Kawhi
vs. Wizards - No John Wall
vs. Rockets - No CP3
vs. Wizards - No John Wall AGAIN

YAALREADYKNO
11-29-2017, 06:54 PM
Wanna see what curry does against lonzo. I'm sure GS is gonna make sure to give curry extra shots

WaDe03
11-29-2017, 08:29 PM
Nets should get the win tonight over Dallas.

If they can't, I will be very disappointed.

There's no team the Nets "should" beat. They're either the underdog or it's a toss up.

warfelg
11-29-2017, 09:29 PM
Sixers taking out their aggression from the Cavs loss on the Wizards.

warfelg
11-29-2017, 09:45 PM
We might be on a 20/20 watch for Ben. 17 points, 15 boards.

ewing
11-29-2017, 09:53 PM
KP rolled his ankle in the first half. Looked pretty bad. X-Rays are negative. That's good but i was really hoping he could get it going again. Kanter with 17 and 13 in the first half. Definitely 20 and 20 watch for Ernie

zn23
11-29-2017, 09:56 PM
The Thunder are a total disaster offensively. There's no flow at all.

YAALREADYKNO
11-29-2017, 09:58 PM
max kleber from the mavs ballin hahaha

mightybosstone
11-29-2017, 09:58 PM
Wow. OKC struggling against the Magic. If they lose this one, that's the second straight loss against a team with a losing record and five losses in their last six games. If they go to 8-12, can we officially start worrying about that team?

kdspurman
11-29-2017, 10:15 PM
Wow. OKC struggling against the Magic. If they lose this one, that's the second straight loss against a team with a losing record and five losses in their last six games. If they go to 8-12, can we officially start worrying about that team?

Idk I still think it's early. It could obviously hurt their seedings dropping some of these early games, but I think they'll get better. I think everyone expected their to be a steep learning curve with that personnel. The blown leads is problematic, but gotta think they'll improve with more chemistry and trust.

warfelg
11-29-2017, 10:28 PM
So apperently the refs are giving Beal 7 fouls tonight....

WaDe03
11-29-2017, 10:33 PM
Didn't know Simmons was this terrible at free throws.

tredigs
11-29-2017, 10:34 PM
Wizards just Hack-A'd Simmons so much that he set the NBA record for FT attempts in a quarter. He eventually got into a rhythm but man is that kid terrible from the stripe. He needs to improve enough so that we never have to watch that again.

YAALREADYKNO
11-29-2017, 10:36 PM
Wizards just Hack-A'd Simmons so much that he sent the NBA record for FT attempts in a quarter. He eventually got into a rhythm but man is that kid terrible from the stripe. He needs to improve enough so that we never have to watch that again.

How many FTs is that?

Vee-Rex
I was about to say WTF 56 FTAs by Philly :laugh2:

Ben has GOTTA improve those free throws.

warfelg
Wizards just Hack-A'd Simmons so much that he set the NBA record for FT attempts in a quarter. He eventually got into a rhythm but man is that kid terrible from the stripe. He needs to improve enough so that we never have to watch that again.

Just needs to shoot it righty rather than lefty.

warfelg
11-29-2017, 10:37 PM

Well they got a fouled out player hitting 3's keeping them in it so that helps.

tredigs
11-29-2017, 10:38 PM

To his credit I saw the last 4 or 5 trips and he made the majority of them. His stroke and feel are smooth enough from the line that there's no reason why he couldn't drastically improve with a few tinkers. 15-29 from the line from a PG/Wing is ridiculous though. And that was painful to watch. I hate Hack-A.

warfelg
11-29-2017, 10:39 PM
To his credit I saw the last 4 or 5 trips and he made the majority of them. His stroke and feel are smooth enough from the line that there's no reason why he couldn't drastically improve with a few tinkers. 15-29 from the line from a PG/Wing is ridiculous though. And that was painful to watch. I hate Hack-A.

He shoots after hitting the high point, more on the way down. Once he times it up so he hits it at the peak then he'll be better. Take him time to hit that rhythm.

tredigs
11-29-2017, 10:40 PM

Isn't that on the Philly scorekeepers (where the game was played) to be on top of that and alert the refs? I missed what happened there.

warfelg
11-29-2017, 10:46 PM
Isn't that on the Philly scorekeepers (where the game was played) to be on top of that and alert the refs? I missed what happened there.

I'm not watching but it sounds like the refs decided a game earlier in the game was on someone else.

Vee-Rex
11-29-2017, 10:47 PM

That's just freaking insane. I would be livid if I was a Philly fan.

More-Than-Most
embiid with 4 blocks... embiid and simmons are just wow... since it was such a big deal that lonzo had more Rebounds than Joel has had in 1 game... Simmons with 31/18/4 with 50 percent shooting from the field.

warfelg
100 FT attempts with Ben taking 29 of them; Silver in the crowd tonight.

More-Than-Most
11-29-2017, 10:49 PM
Embiid 25/14/4 with 4 blocks.... 12-8 start with that schedule : )

More-Than-Most
11-29-2017, 10:49 PM
That's just freaking insane. I would be livid if I was a Philly fan.

lol yea they gave him 7 fouls... it was dumb

tredigs
11-29-2017, 11:06 PM
PP is easily the least with-it personality on the air covering the NBA right now. I'm sitting here watching a clip of him earlier today claiming his choice for MVP is Demarcus Cousins, cites "just look at the numbers, averaging 30 points, 15 rebounds". He's averaging 25.5 and 12.8 btw. Zach Lowe asks Pierce if he's been better than Anthony Davis, and Pierce responds that "yeah well he's been hurt, he's been injured". AD has played 1 less game than Cousins (with far better efficiency and advanced stats across the board). McGrady asks if they have 2 MVP caliber players, should Cousins be in the conversation given their record (they're 11-10 after tonight's loss). Clearly just confused at this point, Pierce responds with, "yeah and that's why it should be Cousins". ... Ohhh kay. Can we stop putting players on the air just because they were players?

ewing
11-29-2017, 11:30 PM
Idk I still think it's early. It could obviously hurt their seedings dropping some of these early games, but I think they'll get better. I think everyone expected their to be a steep learning curve with that personnel. The blown leads is problematic, but gotta think they'll improve with more chemistry and trust.

I think we all underestimated what they lost as well. i admittedly haven't watched a lot but they seem like a team without an identity now

Giannis94
11-29-2017, 11:31 PM

You know what Iíd write here. But Im just here so I donít get fined

ewing
11-29-2017, 11:33 PM

MTM i am going to try and enjoy your team. please try to stop telling about there strength of schedule

ewing
11-29-2017, 11:35 PM
anyway, a blow win vs the Heat from NY without KP. I don't know if I've seen a team look this different on home vs road.

More-Than-Most
11-29-2017, 11:43 PM
MTM i am going to try and enjoy your team. please try to stop telling about there strength of schedule

they talked about it on NBA TV... 12 and 8 with our schedule is nuts :shrug:

ewing
11-29-2017, 11:49 PM
they talked about it on NBA TV... 12 and 8 with our schedule is nuts :shrug:

Not really. I am impressed and other then Simmons, who has impressed me, I like most of the guys on your team. The Sixers tanked badly and now they have a team that most people enjoy watching. Its time to stop having such a chip on your shoulder.

Lakers + Giants
11-29-2017, 11:51 PM
Ingram 9 pts on 4-5 shooting. Inb4 he stops attacking. It's been like this for like 3 out of the last 5 games where he starts hot and shies away, he needs to meet up with kobe and learn how to be more selfish.

mightybosstone
11-29-2017, 11:56 PM
Houston finishes off a ridiculous 12-1 month by winning six straight with every victory by a margin of at least 14 points. The Rockets last eight wins have been by double digits and 11 of their 12 wins in the month were by double digits. How does a team playing basketball this well not get more media attention?

ewing
11-30-2017, 12:01 AM
Houston finishes off a ridiculous 12-1 month by winning six straight with every victory by a margin of at least 14 points. The Rockets last eight wins have been by double digits and 11 of their 12 wins in the month were by double digits. How does a team playing basketball this well not get more media attention?

Dantoni and Harden arenít popular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers + Giants
11-30-2017, 12:06 AM

IDK maybe because of how they quit in the postseason?

Bustin your balls.

kdspurman
11-30-2017, 12:09 AM

Ive grown to appreciate letting other teams be in the spotlight. I used to wonder that same question for years

tredigs
11-30-2017, 12:10 AM

Bustin your balls.

I know you're joking but frankly this is part of why they are ultimately not taken as seriously as they probably should be. That said, I think they're getting the respect as a top team and potential upset squad for the Warriors (as well as Harden rightfully being heralded as the MVP favorite for the majority at this point).

mightybosstone
11-30-2017, 12:11 AM

Bustin your balls.

:mad:

kdspurman
11-30-2017, 12:12 AM
PP is easily the least with-it personality on the air covering the NBA right now. I'm sitting here watching a clip of him earlier today claiming his choice for MVP is Demarcus Cousins, cites "just look at the numbers, averaging 30 points, 15 rebounds". He's averaging 25.5 and 12.8 btw. Zach Lowe asks Pierce if he's been better than Anthony Davis, and Pierce responds that "yeah well he's been hurt, he's been injured". AD has played 1 less game than Cousins (with far better efficiency and advanced stats across the board). McGrady asks if they have 2 MVP caliber players, should Cousins be in the conversation given their record (they're 11-10 after tonight's loss). Clearly just confused at this point, Pierce responds with, "yeah and that's why it should be Cousins". ... Ohhh kay. Can we stop putting players on the air just because they were players?

Yea he's pretty bad :laugh2: what a terrible sounding sequence.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 12:15 AM
Not really. I am impressed and other then Simmons, who has impressed me, I like most of the guys on your team. The Sixers tanked badly and now they have a team that most people enjoy watching. Its time to stop having such a chip on your shoulder.

so let me get this right..... you didnt like simmons at all before these 20 games... most had the sixers as an out of playoffs team and they start 12-8 with the hardest schedule in basketball while losing 2 of those 8 games on buzzer beaters and you dont think that is nuts and deserves applause? There is no chip on my shoulder for the sixers because I never cared what people thought of the tanking because I understood it... Sorry but again it was the hot topic on NBA TV before the lakers/warriors game... the sixers amazing start with THAT SCHEDULE.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 12:16 AM
Yea he's pretty bad :laugh2: what a terrible sounding sequence.

no worse than reggie miller calling games... I hate hate hate that just because a guy played the sport his opinion holds weight or more weight then deep followers of the game.

Lakers + Giants
11-30-2017, 12:18 AM
I know you're joking but frankly this is part of why they are ultimately not taken as seriously as they probably should be. That said, I think they're getting the respect as a top team and potential upset squad for the Warriors (as well as Harden rightfully being heralded as the MVP favorite for the majority at this point).

Was being semi facetious. It's true but at the same time I think they're legit this year with CP3.

:mad:

:)

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 12:21 AM
Jordan Clarkson should be starting... He is so undervalued man.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 12:22 AM
that is what ball needs to keep doing... those types of drives.. that was impressive... dont shoot 3s and just drive or shoot 15 footers and it will open up for him.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 12:23 AM
ingram <3

kdspurman
11-30-2017, 12:25 AM
no worse than reggie miller calling games... I hate hate hate that just because a guy played the sport his opinion holds weight or more weight then deep followers of the game.

I can't stand Reggie. Pierce does little segments, so you can avoid him .Reggie you're stuck with all damn game. :bang:

tredigs
11-30-2017, 12:26 AM
Was being semi facetious. It's true but at the same time I think they're legit this year with CP3.

:)

Me too. They have a style that can create enough variance w/ the 3pt shot to beat everybody (on top of the elite playmaking and now a top 10 D). And honestly I don't even think they're having to try very hard.

lol, please
11-30-2017, 12:28 AM
Ive grown to appreciate letting other teams be in the spotlight. I used to wonder that same question for yearsWelcome to warriors fandom prior to our first championship. We were overlooked for YEARS, and for anyone paying attention the writing was on the wall as early as Klays draft pick.

We embraced it as well. Then, we became the most hated. And people wonder why we enjoy the hate now.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

MJNetsIsles
11-30-2017, 12:29 AM
That Nets game put me to sleep! Good thing we won. I'm happy. Too close for comfort though at 109 to 104.

Lakers + Giants
11-30-2017, 12:30 AM
that is what ball needs to keep doing... those types of drives.. that was impressive... dont shoot 3s and just drive or shoot 15 footers and it will open up for him.

ingram <3

Agreed

lol, please
11-30-2017, 12:31 AM
Me too. They have a style that can create enough variance w/ the 3pt shot to beat everybody (on top of the elite playmaking and now a top 10 D). And honestly I don't even think they're having to try very hard.So you're going to flip from ******** on the Rockets to respecting them from one season to the next even though the personnel changed are negligible (albeit meaningful)?

I just want one " you were right about your projection Phillies, they are legit after all" from you once. Just once in my lifetime.

Don't even care if it's about the Rockets or Raptors, but I've been championing them for years now and feel I deserve the acknowledgement as they've both turned the corner for real this season.

Just make my day once tredigs! Just once

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 12:32 AM
for whatever reason the lakers play the warriors tough most of the time lol

tredigs
11-30-2017, 12:34 AM
So you're going to flip from ******** on the Rockets to respecting them from one season to the next even though the personnel changed are negligible (albeit meaningful)?

I just want one " you were right about your projection Phillies, they are legit after all" from you once. Just once in my lifetime.

Don't even care if it's about the Rockets or Raptors, but I've been championing them for years now and feel I deserve the acknowledgement as they've both turned the corner for real this season.

Just make my day once tredigs! Just once
Haha - I just knew the Rockets had no chance against the Warriors last year (which honestly they didn't, and we never got to see it). They're definitely better this year. Harden's playing a slightly smarter brand, Capella and the D are definitely improved, and they added an All NBA player. They're without question a scary team this season.

lol, please
11-30-2017, 12:35 AM
for whatever reason the lakers play the warriors tough most of the time lolBecause we are actual rivals, unlike the media fed Cavaliers plot that's tired and stupid.

And the Warriors played every version of the Lakers "tough" til we surpassed them, for anyone who pays attention to the west. Heck even after we were better we still couldn't shake the Lakers boogeyman for several seasons. The passing of that torch is recent.

tredigs
11-30-2017, 12:39 AM
for whatever reason the lakers play the warriors tough most of the time lol

Haha they've definitely had their fair share of upsets. Which is especially annoying given how long the Lakers owned the Warriors in the regular season, I'd like them to just stomp them out every time.

I will say the Warriors in general have a clear lower-energy this season. And overall it's probably the right strategy for them at this point. This team has played A LOT of high-energy games over the past 4 years, at some point they gotta start to conserve a little in the regular season.

mightybosstone
11-30-2017, 12:39 AM
Because we are actual rivals, unlike the media fed Cavaliers plot that's tired and stupid.

And the Warriors played every version of the Lakers "tough" til we surpassed them, for anyone who pays attention to the west. Heck even after we were better we still couldn't shake the Lakers boogeyman for several seasons. The passing of that torch is recent.

If two teams face each other in three consecutive finals, that's absolutely a rivalry dude. Just because they don't play in the same conference or share the same state doesn't mean they can't be rivals. Boston and LA are about as far apart as two teams can get and they haveówithout questionóthe single greatest rivalry in the history of the sport and arguably the greatest rivalry in all of professional sports.

Lakers + Giants
11-30-2017, 12:55 AM
Haha they've definitely had their fair share of upsets. Which is especially annoying given how long the Lakers owned the Warriors in the regular season, I'd like them to just stomp them out every time.

I will say the Warriors in general have a clear lower-energy this season. And overall it's probably the right strategy for them at this point. This team has played A LOT of high-energy games over the past 4 years, at some point they gotta start to conserve a little in the regular season.

Its ok, Dubs by 15+ still no doubt in my mind.

Scoots
11-30-2017, 12:57 AM
We should all remember that we don't have to respond to every stupid thing said on here :)

Scoots
11-30-2017, 12:57 AM
I've never seen a PG have the ball in his hands less than Ball.

Lakers + Giants
11-30-2017, 12:58 AM
Although he made it, Lonzo needs to chill with those 3s 5 feet behind the arc. Nice to see him make 2 threes in a row tho. And now a layup. Law of averages, he'll miss his next 15 shots. :laugh2:

KB24PG16
lonzo finally went up for a layup with his right hand, that cut is big though

More-Than-Most
cant make this up.... ball making shots then takes a shot to the eye lol

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 01:00 AM
I've never seen a PG have the ball in his hands less than Ball.

its not that... its that when they pass to him he legit barely touches the ball because of his confidence... he throws it right out and normally refuses to drive or handle and it kills him... This is also why he gets so many rebounds because he plays off the ball so much near or around the baskets and there is a guy named Lopez who rebounds like a 5 footer.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 01:02 AM
He has had a good 3rd quarter but its not about this game... if he finishes this game strong its about the next game... He has had about 3 good games this year and each time you figure he has taken that step then he plays horrid the next game... He needs to keep doing exactly what he is doing right now with the driving.

Lakers + Giants
11-30-2017, 01:03 AM
cant make this up.... ball making shots then takes a shot to the eye lol

Lavar about to say the warriors had to do that to stop his son!

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 01:03 AM
maybe lonzo-------------->curry :laugh:

Tre dont let me find out curry scared of Lavar balls daughter.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 01:04 AM
Warriors just playing sloppy. once they fix it in the 4th it's a wrap.

lmfao this is how i felt when we played them as well.

Lakers + Giants
11-30-2017, 01:04 AM
Warriors just playing sloppy. once they fix it in the 4th it's a wrap.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 01:06 AM
damn ball.. you were open bruh. That is whats insane... curry ran to the other side of the court because they dont fear his shot.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 01:07 AM
ball is feeling it this quarter.

Lakers + Giants
11-30-2017, 01:07 AM
Ball feelin it. Never thought I'd say that. :speechless:

I guess once you're around curry you just start feeling it from deep.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 01:08 AM
I hate when coaches do that... your team is playing hard stop ****ing joking with the other team luke... **** off with that... I hate when opposing coaches do that ****. Joke after the game.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 01:09 AM
warriors are playing hella ******** right now.

More-Than-Most
Does Lonzo get an assist for that?!?! LMFAO

he should in all honesty lol

Lakers + Giants
Does Lonzo get an assist for that?!?! LMFAO

Lakers + Giants
11-30-2017, 01:10 AM
warriors are playing hella ******** right now.

It's our top tier defense:cool:

HandsOnTheWheel
11-30-2017, 01:12 AM
Lol Ball

tredigs
11-30-2017, 01:12 AM
maybe lonzo-------------->curry :laugh:

Tre dont let me find out curry scared of Lavar balls daughter.

You beat me to it!

Really though it's good to see Lonzo actually willing to take and make the 3 tonight. He is without question more accurate then his early #'s have shown and it's clearly mostly mental in that aspect of his game. I'm sure he won't be the 41+% 3pt shooter he was in college, but he'll definitely improve.

Lakers + Giants
11-30-2017, 01:14 AM
Ingram with the Magic-esque pass and KCP with the rubio-esque finish....

YAALREADYKNO
11-30-2017, 01:19 AM
Uh oh Lavar getting his speech ready right now lmao

tredigs
11-30-2017, 01:20 AM
Ingram with the Magic-esque pass and KCP with the rubio-esque finish....

He's been showing me something the past month+. I was definitely too hard on him early in the year, if he keeps working on his game he'll be good.

archdevil84
11-30-2017, 01:24 AM
lakers have to be one of the very few teams with actual fun commentators.

Lakers + Giants
11-30-2017, 01:25 AM
He's been showing me something the past month+. I was definitely too hard on him early in the year, if he keeps working on his game he'll be good.

:clap:

Lakers + Giants
11-30-2017, 01:26 AM
lakers have to be one of the very few teams with actual fun commentators.

Can't be showtime with monotone commentators :cool:

Lakers + Giants
11-30-2017, 01:38 AM
game :(

tredigs
11-30-2017, 01:46 AM
game :(

Anyone's game!*

Curry's gotta keep attacking if he wants to keep shooting I think. Can tell that wrist he missed the last game with is effecting his shot. Or just playmake.

lol, please
11-30-2017, 01:51 AM
Refs want the Lakers to win. Plain and simple.

lol, please
11-30-2017, 01:52 AM
If two teams face each other in three consecutive finals, that's absolutely a rivalry dude. Just because they don't play in the same conference or share the same state doesn't mean they can't be rivals. Boston and LA are about as far apart as two teams can get and they haveówithout questionóthe single greatest rivalry in the history of the sport and arguably the greatest rivalry in all of professional sports.And as i told flashbolt, the difference is the Celtics and Lakers hate each other regardless of who is on the floor.

When LeBron leaves Cleveland, will anyone give a crap about a Cleveland vs Warriors game? No.

HandsOnTheWheel
11-30-2017, 01:53 AM
Give the defending FMVP an open 3, why not Ball

Lakers + Giants
11-30-2017, 01:53 AM
No free basketball. FINISH EM! *MK voice*

tredigs
11-30-2017, 01:56 AM
Gotta be at work way too early for OT smh. KD/Curry both coming off injury too. Wouldn't have minded the Lakers finish there.

Lakers + Giants
11-30-2017, 01:56 AM
OT. Here comes the double digit loss :(

Lakers + Giants
11-30-2017, 01:58 AM
Curry struggled all night to end the game in 1 min of OT. Back to back threes. Deflated :(

IKnowHoops
11-30-2017, 02:02 AM

Agh PP is the worst. Whatever he says you can almost expect the exact opposite to be true. And his delivery and stage presence are just awful to boot. Watching him do his thing is like slowly peeling a big scab off your knee.

HandsOnTheWheel
11-30-2017, 02:08 AM
Lmfao Ball gives up open shots to Curry and Dumb runt down the stretch. Magical

Lakers + Giants
11-30-2017, 02:12 AM
GG

This one hurts.

lol, please
11-30-2017, 02:14 AM
Love how the Dubs play with Lakers + Giants and MTM emotions [emoji23]

Lakers + Giants
11-30-2017, 02:15 AM
Love how the Dubs play with Lakers + Giants and MTM emotions [emoji23]

Not right now. Im salty, don't bait me right now lmao

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 02:18 AM
Lmfao Ball gives up open shots to Curry and Dumb runt down the stretch. Magical

yup his defense was horrid... on top of this out of the 4 quarters he only really did anything in the 3rd.... He needs to rework his shot because its never going to work. Ingram though... Man I love the dude.

Lakers + Giants
11-30-2017, 02:20 AM
yup his defense was horrid... on top of this out of the 4 quarters he only really did anything in the 3rd.... He needs to rework his shot because its never going to work. Ingram though... Man I love the dude.

Ingram was looking solid vs his future self. Had a career high :)

HandsOnTheWheel
11-30-2017, 02:35 AM

Had a defensive breakdown last game against the Clips too that pretty much sealed their fate in that one. Kid might be good later on, but now he needs to hit that pine when the 4th Q rolls around especially in a close game like this.

Saddletramp
11-30-2017, 04:00 AM
And as i told flashbolt, the difference is the Celtics and Lakers hate each other regardless of who is on the floor.

When LeBron leaves Cleveland, will anyone give a crap about a Cleveland vs Warriors game? No.

Same thing as regards to Houston/Golden State and Cowboys/49ers, but in the other thread you were saying those, too, were legit rivalries. So which is it?

ps: You don't have to answer. What ever ********-*** answer you come up with will probably be as awful as all of your other takes.

ewing
11-30-2017, 06:09 AM
so let me get this right..... you didnt like simmons at all before these 20 games... most had the sixers as an out of playoffs team and they start 12-8 with the hardest schedule in basketball while losing 2 of those 8 games on buzzer beaters and you dont think that is nuts and deserves applause? There is no chip on my shoulder for the sixers because I never cared what people thought of the tanking because I understood it... Sorry but again it was the hot topic on NBA TV before the lakers/warriors game... the sixers amazing start with THAT SCHEDULE.

Sorry see post below

ewing
11-30-2017, 06:17 AM
i didnít say they there start didnít deserve applause or shouldnít be talked about. If you have something to say about how they are playing that would be great. Saying it amazing is wrong imo. Saying they are amazing and nothing else over and over is annoying. I mean do you think them being 12 and 8 is historic (I mean given the schedule)?

Heediot
11-30-2017, 06:57 AM
76ers fans can't complain about the refs last night. 64 FTA's, didn't watch the game but lmao.

Heediot
11-30-2017, 06:59 AM
MTM still crying and looking for validation.

NFLAccess
11-30-2017, 07:40 AM
Really feeling good about this season. Already with 17 wins. Now off until Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

NFLAccess
11-30-2017, 07:45 AM
I don't mind a couple days off here and there but why do we only have 2 games in the next week?

ewing
11-30-2017, 08:18 AM
Really feeling good about this season. Already with 17 wins. Now off until Sunday.

Who is your team?

NFLAccess
11-30-2017, 08:20 AM
Who is your team?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkRockets

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 09:08 AM
76ers fans can't complain about the refs last night. 64 FTA's, didn't watch the game but lmao.

um yea we can tell you didnt watch the game... Its called hack a simmons all 4th period long. They sent him to the line 29 times on purpose basically.

mightybosstone
11-30-2017, 09:40 AM
And as i told flashbolt, the difference is the Celtics and Lakers hate each other regardless of who is on the floor.

Time should not be the sole barometer by which we judge a rivalry. Teams can have really good short-term rivalries. For example, there isn't a Rockets fan on the planet who doesn't loathe the Utah Jazz. Now, the two teams had some pretty good postseason matchups in the 2000s, but that hate primarily stems from the Stockton/Malone Jazz of the 90s. If the Rockets and Jazz hadn't met a single time in the playoffs since Stockton hit that shot in 97, we would all still hate the Jazz regardless.

Also, you act like Lebron has already left Cleveland. He hasn't gone anywhere, and there's still a pretty solid chance he stays after this season. If I were you, I'd quit living in the future, and appreciate that rivalry in the moment, though. Fans will talk about these two teams and how intense those NBA finals were 50+ years from now. Fans of other teams would kill for that.

ewing
11-30-2017, 10:14 AM
Rockets

That's what I figured the NY screen name threw me.

Scoots
11-30-2017, 10:29 AM
That's what I figured the NY screen name threw me.

And Eagles avatar

Giannis94
11-30-2017, 10:32 AM
MTM still crying and looking for validation.

where's his dupe Dwade to console him?

WaDe03
11-30-2017, 10:51 AM
where's his dupe Dwade to console him?

To busy ******** on teams on this win streak to concern myself with a Bucks fan.

kdspurman
11-30-2017, 11:15 AM
Welcome to warriors fandom prior to our first championship. We were overlooked for YEARS, and for anyone paying attention the writing was on the wall as early as Klays draft pick.

We embraced it as well. Then, we became the most hated. And people wonder why we enjoy the hate now.

Not really the same scenarios... You guys get plenty of media attention. You can't expect much if you aren't winning or controversial. When Klay was drafted, you guys were still a year away from even making the playoffs and a few years from taking that next step.

WaDe03
11-30-2017, 11:24 AM
I guess it's time for me to add PG to the Nets pick radar.

Vee-Rex
11-30-2017, 11:25 AM
Dubs/Cavs is indeed a rivalry, though a little lopsided since Durant cup-caked his way there. Doesn't matter if it lasts or dies out if LeBron leaves.

I'm pretty sure no two teams have played each other as much as the Cavs/Warriors have played each other the last 3 years (24 times).

NFLAccess
11-30-2017, 11:30 AM
That's what I figured the NY screen name threw me.Yea I'm all over the place im a Yankee fan, Eagles fan, Rockets fan and Rangers fan for hockey

Scoots
11-30-2017, 01:23 PM
Not really the same scenarios... You guys get plenty of media attention. You can't expect much if you aren't winning or controversial. When Klay was drafted, you guys were still a year away from even making the playoffs and a few years from taking that next step.

The Warriors were rightly ignored when they sucked. When they didn't there was essentially one year when they were under-estimated and since then there is a ton of coverage ... though there is a sense the last couple years of "and of course there's the Warriors" and then they move on to a more interesting story. I guess that's similar to what happened with the Spurs. The Spurs star was boring, and their coach wouldn't get you a soundbite that didn't make you or another reporter look kind of dumb ... so why put in the effort.

On the other hand, all those west coast games that end at 1am+ out east doesn't help the coverage of the west coast teams.

Driven
11-30-2017, 02:18 PM
Time should not be the sole barometer by which we judge a rivalry. Teams can have really good short-term rivalries. For example, there isn't a Rockets fan on the planet who doesn't loathe the Utah Jazz. Now, the two teams had some pretty good postseason matchups in the 2000s, but that hate primarily stems from the Stockton/Malone Jazz of the 90s. If the Rockets and Jazz hadn't met a single time in the playoffs since Stockton hit that shot in 97, we would all still hate the Jazz regardless.

Also, you act like Lebron has already left Cleveland. He hasn't gone anywhere, and there's still a pretty solid chance he stays after this season. If I were you, I'd quit living in the future, and appreciate that rivalry in the moment, though. Fans will talk about these two teams and how intense those NBA finals were 50+ years from now. Fans of other teams would kill for that.

Ooh, the Jazz are a good one. That brings me back to my early days as a Rockets fan. I truly hated (and loved at the same time) the Jazz. In the Christmas Games thread I had a similar response when lol please said that the Rockets/Warriors is a true rivalry. I'd throw in the Jazz with the Thunder, Spurs and Mavs as teams I would consider bigger rivals than the Warriors.

I have no idea how the Warriors/Rockets would be a rivalry but the Warriors/Cavs wouldn't.

Truthfully, I don't know if the Warriors really have any rivals. They were so bad for so long that I don't know if a rivalry ever developed.

Vee-Rex
11-30-2017, 02:24 PM
The Warriors were rightly ignored when they sucked. When they didn't there was essentially one year when they were under-estimated and since then there is a ton of coverage ... though there is a sense the last couple years of "and of course there's the Warriors" and then they move on to a more interesting story. I guess that's similar to what happened with the Spurs. The Spurs star was boring, and their coach wouldn't get you a soundbite that didn't make you or another reporter look kind of dumb ... so why put in the effort.

On the other hand, all those west coast games that end at 1am+ out east doesn't help the coverage of the west coast teams.

That's my issue. I'm unable to watch as many west coast games as I want just because I'd be up too late. I can DVR stuff but I typically don't like watching games after they're already over. For some reason the non-live action isn't as exciting for me.

GREATNESS ONE
11-30-2017, 02:32 PM
Ingram was looking solid vs his future self. Had a career high :)

Lol last year MTM called Ingram a bust and was crap, hell even earlier this year he was crap and a bust according to MTM.

This year, his hate for Lonzo is hilarious, heís a bust now and is a horrible defender and player.

Lol MTM just likes eating crow, next year Zo will be much better and MTM will be saying how he loves Lonzo. :laugh2:

ewing
11-30-2017, 03:49 PM
Last year he told me he had a vasectomy. 9 months later???

Lil Rhody
11-30-2017, 04:06 PM
Was hoping to see Embid tonight against the Celtics to see what MTM is talking about.......... back 2 back forgot still canít touch those in theee years ;)

TrueFan420
11-30-2017, 05:41 PM
For some reason the non-live action isn't as exciting for me.

Cause even if you don't know the score you know it's not live and the result is decided. I'm the same way. If it's a game or team I care about I have to watch live. If I'm bored and need background noise while I do stuff I'll put on dvr games.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 08:14 PM
Lol last year MTM called Ingram a bust and was crap, hell even earlier this year he was crap and a bust according to MTM.

This year, his hate for Lonzo is hilarious, heís a bust now and is a horrible defender and player.

Lol MTM just likes eating crow, next year Zo will be much better and MTM will be saying how he loves Lonzo. :laugh2:

show me once where I said he was a bust? He had one of the worst years last year that is true... He is better this year but still has a long long way to go... see the thing is I actually followed and loved ingram and wanted ingram... You only wanted him when he was laker bound.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 08:14 PM
Was hoping to see Embid tonight against the Celtics to see what MTM is talking about.......... back 2 back forgot still canít touch those in theee years ;)

Same post.... 2 threads... keep trying for that reaction good buddy.

GREATNESS ONE
11-30-2017, 08:19 PM
LOL gtfoh youíre hilarious, you called him a bust just like you did Zo. Like how youíre back tracking now. Itís ok little buddy, go eat your spaghetti oís.

warfelg
11-30-2017, 08:28 PM
LOL gtfoh youíre hilarious, you called him a bust just like you did Zo. Like how youíre back tracking now. Itís ok little buddy, go eat your spaghetti oís.

I can second that as Ingram was bashed last year MTM was defending him in the Sixers forum.

GREATNESS ONE
11-30-2017, 08:46 PM
That totally explains his recent thread

Cursed #2 Picks :laugh2: I saw you going back and forth too with Jaydubb last year in the Lakers forum, I'll admit you liked Ingram but you have called him a bust numerous times. It's all good, we're human, we're allowed to change our minds. :)

warfelg
11-30-2017, 09:02 PM

Cursed #2 Picks :laugh2: I saw you going back and forth too with Jaydubb last year in the Lakers forum, I'll admit you liked Ingram but you have called him a bust numerous times. It's all good, we're human, we're allowed to change our minds. :)

I've never been in the Lakers forum. Unless you're talking MTM.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 09:17 PM

go look at that cursed number 2 pick thread where I say

I mean holy **** lol.... outside of durant and probably ingram this looks horrible

You are clueless. I have argued more for ingram than laker fans.... I said he was awful last year and was getting worried because of how bad he was and my expectations for him but never once said he would bust. In fact I said HE HAS 0 BUST POTENTIAL AND WILL ALWAYS BE A GOOD PLAYER BECAUSE OF HIS LENGTH/DEFENSE/SHOT... You want the proof look up my recent history.

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 09:19 PM

Its fine to change your mind as long as there is facts/play/reasons/proof for it and not just said player wears my jersey so he is a god all of a sudden... You are so far off base on me and ingram its hilarious.

GREATNESS ONE
11-30-2017, 09:26 PM
Lol ok buddy. Iím glad you were right all along about Ingram. :laugh2:

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 09:30 PM
Lol ok buddy. Iím glad you were right all along about Ingram. :laugh2:

jury is still out on what he will be... will he just be a good player or will he be great. Right now he is doing well but disappears way to much... Meaning he starts hot then just decides to stop being aggressive etc etc etc

GREATNESS ONE
11-30-2017, 10:37 PM
Like a few of us argued all last year heís 19/20 years old. Gotta give these kids some time to grow to their potential.
Loved the showdown last night with KD, looked like Ingram was loving playing against a player he has admired.

FlashBolt
11-30-2017, 11:09 PM
Like a few of us argued all last year heís 19/20 years old. Gotta give these kids some time to grow to their potential.
Loved the showdown last night with KD, looked like Ingram was loving playing against a player he has admired.

Ingram's poor shooting really separates the KD discussions, tbh. Teams are going to zone him all game when it comes to the playoffs. He should work on getting bigger as well. Seems like he's one elbow or fall from having shattered bones.

IKnowHoops
12-01-2017, 01:17 AM

Guys don't understand that 19-22...most guys aren't good enough to be in the league at that age. Those who are get destroyed by 28 year old 8 year vets in there primes and get labeled as garbage. Just horrible horrible logic.

More-Than-Most
12-01-2017, 01:29 AM
Guys don't understand that 19-22...most guys aren't good enough to be in the league at that age. Those who are get destroyed by 28 year old 8 year vets in there primes and get labeled as garbage. Just horrible horrible logic.

and you guys dont understand that most 19-22 year olds that enter this league never amount to good or very good and busts happen more times than not... See the majority of number 2 picks over the years. Just because guys are young doesnt mean they are promised to become anything remotely good but that is all a few fans seem to rely on

tredigs
12-01-2017, 01:53 AM
I'm just extremely impressed that OKC and Russell Westbrook spent their entire season focusing on getting Russel Westbrook MVP last year. **** everyone else, they won. And he signed long term in the middle of Oklahoma for the rest of his career accordingly.

GREATNESS ONE
12-01-2017, 12:31 PM
Ingram's poor shooting really separates the KD discussions, tbh. Teams are going to zone him all game when it comes to the playoffs. He should work on getting bigger as well. Seems like he's one elbow or fall from having shattered bones.

You just see the body type similarities. Completely agree that Durant 19/20 was much more polished offensively. Defensively though, BI looks ahead of Durant at that age. He also attacks the basket much better from year 1 to year 2 because he gained muscle and is bigger than he was last year, I expect him to grow some more heading into his 3rd/ 21year old year. He shot looks better too from year 1 to year 2 as he made a jump from 9ppg to 15ppg, like you said, once he gets more comfortable with his jump shot, he will make a jump to a 20+ppg player. Ingram looks very skinny and fragile but actually a tough guy who likes contact, he finishes much better this year after contact.

Ultimately, heís still 20years old, if he could be a level bellow or Durant/like in 9years, Iíll take it and right now it seems he is progressing very well. To me the most important thing is seeing players make that jump from year 1/2 to year 2/3. You can almost completely tell if theyíre will be a bust or not by year 2/3.

GREATNESS ONE
12-01-2017, 12:33 PM
I'm just extremely impressed that OKC and Russell Westbrook spent their entire season focusing on getting Russel Westbrook MVP last year. **** everyone else, they won. And he signed long term in the middle of Oklahoma for the rest of his career accordingly.

:laugh2:

Bro, my dad lives in Oklahoma, have you ever been there? That place....