PDA

View Full Version : Re: Starting a Franchise: Steve Nash/Karl Malone or Jason Kidd/Dirk? (Read OP)

Purch
11-29-2017, 12:25 PM
So here's the scenerio. For either team you get them for 18 years from 1994-2012. So as a result you should consider all the different rule changes that occur between 1994 and 2012.

This means that if you pick Nash/Malone, you're getting..

Nash from 22-39
Malone from age 22-39

This means that if you pick Kidd/Dirk, you're getting..

Kidd from age 21-38
Dirk from age 20-37

So all that said which duo would you pick, and why?

Mr.B
11-29-2017, 04:56 PM
Kidd/Dirk

Jetsguy
11-29-2017, 05:19 PM
Ill take Nash and Malone slightly I think

mrblisterdundee
11-29-2017, 06:17 PM
I'd rather have Nash and Malone. Nash is the best shooter. Malone is the best two-way player and steadier even than Dirk.

Raidaz4Life
11-29-2017, 06:41 PM
Nash and Malone easily for me actually

GREATNESS ONE
11-29-2017, 06:48 PM
Nash/Malone slightly for me.

flea
11-29-2017, 09:20 PM
Kidd and Dirk. I think both players are better than their counterpart in the Nash/Malone comparison, but I do think it's closer than just that because both Nash and Malone should have such good chemistry being among the best ever as P&R guard/big.

TrueFan420
11-29-2017, 09:26 PM
Get why the players selected were chosen and paired but wish one pair hadn't actually played together and won a championship together.

JAZZNC
11-29-2017, 09:52 PM
Nash/Malone. That pick and roll would be disgusting. Look what Nash did with Stat and Malone is a LOT better than Amare. There is a defensive liability on both tandems but the Nash and Malone combo neither is a liability on offense and both can take over games.

YAALREADYKNO
11-29-2017, 10:23 PM
Kidd and Dirk. Balance on both offense and defense but that pick and roll with Nash/Malone would be deadly tho

Mr.B
11-29-2017, 11:22 PM
The question probably should have been, Nash/Malone or Dirk/Stockton

Heediot
11-30-2017, 06:26 AM
Kidd and Dirk. But this also depends on supporting cast.

Purch
11-30-2017, 08:41 AM
Nah, I put this post on another forum and the results so far are 36-33 in the poll. So the comparison definitely works. The reason why Kidd/Dirk is appealing is because although they won together Dirk never played with Prime Kidd. Prime Kidd was a much different player as well as a worse shooter. But prime kidd also had great success making oppurtunities for a shooter like Van Horn. So I automatically wonder how the quickness, craftiness and playmaking of Kidd would compliment early Dirk

More-Than-Most
11-30-2017, 09:45 AM
The question probably should have been, Nash/Malone or Dirk/Stockton

no the question is fine because its close... Nobody takes Nash/Malone over Dirk/Stockton... Stockton is that nasty. Stockton is basically the best of both kidd/nash without the weakness... As great as Nash and Kidd are they arent stockton.

The only thing I can think of if you put stockton/dirk would be CP3/Malone because CP3 is much closer to stock than nash or kidd.

Purch
11-30-2017, 11:07 AM
no the question is fine because its close... Nobody takes Nash/Malone over Dirk/Stockton... Stockton is that nasty. Stockton is basically the best of both kidd/nash without the weakness... As great as Nash and Kidd are they arent stockton.

The only thing I can think of if you put stockton/dirk would be CP3/Malone because CP3 is much closer to stock than nash or kidd.

I strongly disagree with the part about Cp3 being better.. but you guys are in danger of taking this thread im a completly diffrent direction than I intended

IKnowHoops
11-30-2017, 11:27 AM

Iíd prob take Nash over Stockton. And Iím def taking Nash and Malone over Dirk/kid or Dirk Stockton. Malone is def better than Dirk. The toughness factor alone.

JAZZNC
11-30-2017, 01:15 PM
Iíd prob take Nash over Stockton. And Iím def taking Nash and Malone over Dirk/kid or Dirk Stockton. Malone is def better than Dirk. The toughness factor alone.

Nash over Stockton? And you wanna talk about toughness with Malone vs Dirk!?!? Nash is just not on the same level as Stockton. Defensively Stockton is light years ahead of Nash and offensively it's a wash. People forget how good Stockton was at putting it in the hoop when needed.

IKnowHoops
11-30-2017, 01:20 PM
Nash over Stockton? And you wanna talk about toughness with Malone vs Dirk!?!? Nash is just not on the same level as Stockton. Defensively Stockton is light years ahead of Nash and offensively it's a wash. People forget how good Stockton was at putting it in the hoop when needed.

Itís not a wash. Nash was better offensively. 2x mvp! Yeah they were bs but still, he got them. At times Nash was an unstoppable scorer with a mid range game equal to Dirk. Sorry, I respect Stockton, but Iíll take Nash. You got me defensively.

Hawkeye15
11-30-2017, 04:00 PM
Itís not a wash. Nash was better offensively. 2x mvp! Yeah they were bs but still, he got them. At times Nash was an unstoppable scorer with a mid range game equal to Dirk. Sorry, I respect Stockton, but Iíll take Nash. You got me defensively.

Stockton produced roughly the same offenses Nash did though. Anytime Stockton played (which was 82 times a year), your offense was going to be super efficient, and a league leader. He was arguably a better passer than Nash, more durable, tougher, and while not quite the shooter, was exceptionally efficient. Defensively he was universes ahead of Nash.

Stockton over Nash, all day dude.

Chronz
11-30-2017, 08:57 PM
Yeah what's the argument for Nash, came into an easier league for his play style, thus won an award that Stockton would've only with superb defense

Mr.B
12-02-2017, 12:03 AM

Stockton was tough as nails on defense. Very deceptively strong. Stockton wasnít a big guy but heíd rough you up. He was also THE master of the P&R. With Dirkís ability to shoot, handle the ball, and post up (prime Dirk) I think they beat Nash/Malone.