PDA

View Full Version : Is Chandler Parsons the most useless bad luck player in the NBA?

LaVar Ball
11-28-2017, 12:29 PM
The guy recruits Dwight from the Lakers one summer, and literally bolts to Dallas the following summer. Doesnít get along with Mavs ownerships and gets a big ole fat underserved contract by Memphis. Heís injury prone, fat, out of shape, and a big reason for the Grizz team sucking and Fizdale getting fired.

smith&wesson
11-28-2017, 12:35 PM
Yes he is useless and has been for some time. Surprised he is still even in the league.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-28-2017, 12:54 PM
His contract is bad. Right up there with Deng and Mozgov.

WaDe03
11-28-2017, 01:02 PM
You need to be more worried about your son and his play!

LOb0
11-28-2017, 01:03 PM
Say what you want but every possible red flag was there when Memphis signed him and literally everyone was saying what a stupid move it was. That's not his fault for taking the money. But yeah he's worthless.

FlashBolt
11-28-2017, 01:09 PM
The fact he robbed Mavericks and then goes to the Grizzlies and still finds a way to get paid is amazingly laughable and unfair. Just because he's white, looks pretty, and was once a good player, he's found $200 million in contracts to literally do nothing. Can't blame him but it's obvious the guy doesn't care about basketball anymore other than it being a nice payday.

WaDe03
11-28-2017, 01:20 PM
The fact he robbed Mavericks and then goes to the Grizzlies and still finds a way to get paid is amazingly laughable and unfair. Just because he's white, looks pretty, and was once a good player, he's found $200 million in contracts to literally do nothing. Can't blame him but it's obvious the guy doesn't care about basketball anymore other than it being a nice payday.

I don't think being white has anything to do with it lol.

FlashBolt
11-28-2017, 01:26 PM

It does somewhat. His public image hasn't been as bad as some of these other guys who have been tarnished. Like Derrick Rose.. People talk about him but he's not getting these large contracts that Parsons has gotten despite Parsons always being injured as well.

LaVar Ball
11-28-2017, 01:27 PM

All the owners other than MJ are white.

If you donít think a white supremacist owner-agent-player relationship doesnít exist in todayís NBA, then youíre really naive.

WaDe03
11-28-2017, 01:29 PM
It does somewhat. His public image hasn't been as bad as some of these other guys who have been tarnished. Like Derrick Rose.. People talk about him but he's not getting these large contracts that Parsons has gotten despite Parsons always being injured as well.

That was just a desperate move from the Grizzlies and a big gamble from them. By the time Rose was a FA everyone already knew better. He had many years of serious injuries before hitting the market. If Parsons was on the market last summer or this coming summer he would get nothing more than the minimum. MAYBE an exception if there's a team willing to take a gamble but Rose could've also got an exception but decided not to.

WaDe03
11-28-2017, 01:32 PM
All the owners other than MJ are white.

If you donít think a white supremacist owner-agent-player relationship doesnít exist in todayís NBA, then youíre really naive.

You're ignorant if you really think things like this. A lot of owners/coaches etc. we're players and had great relationships with their black teammates. We live in a world right now that's just dying to label everything as racist.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-28-2017, 01:34 PM
Chandler Parsons $23,112,004 $24,107,258 $25,102,511

Chronz
11-28-2017, 01:35 PM
Considering he was once among the best bargain contracts in the L, its only fitting he rest on his laurels now. It's why I always said, the genius isn't in overpaying free agents, its finding the diamonds in the rough for cheap.

First Kahn learned this lesson from Morey with buddinger now it's Timberlakes turn with anther white boy break down

mrblisterdundee
11-28-2017, 01:35 PM

Contracts were simply smaller when Rose first got paid. Then once he got paid, he promptly fell apart, just like Parsons. Another difference is that Parsons can shoot, which makes people believe he still has value. What value does Rose have without being an elite athlete? Also, Parsons wasn't accused of gang rape.

HandsOnTheWheel
11-28-2017, 01:43 PM
Chris Wallace is the only person to blame here. Yes Chandler sucks, but that's what you get for paying a role player superstar money, plain and simple

hugepatsfan
11-28-2017, 02:02 PM
He was a very good player and an absolute bargain in HOU. He was 100% worthy of the deal DAL gave him. Unfortunately he had injury troubles he couldn't shake. MEM paid for his healthy upside but hasn't been able to get it. They overpaid him like so many teams did so many players during that cap explosion.

I don't get the hate Parsons gets on this board. This isn't a Derrick Rose situation where he has a bad attitude and quits on his team. He just has legitimate injury problems.

FlashBolt
11-28-2017, 02:32 PM
He was a very good player and an absolute bargain in HOU. He was 100% worthy of the deal DAL gave him. Unfortunately he had injury troubles he couldn't shake. MEM paid for his healthy upside but hasn't been able to get it. They overpaid him like so many teams did so many players during that cap explosion.

I don't get the hate Parsons gets on this board. This isn't a Derrick Rose situation where he has a bad attitude and quits on his team. He just has legitimate injury problems.

Parsons takes shots at others and brags about his contract... so I'm not sure how it's even close. Rose was a superstar who became injured so he's dealing with much more. He was also brought up in a dangerous environment as a child. I doubt Parsons experienced any of what Rose has. And Parsons just sickens me with how he tries to recruit players but he's constantly injured. It's just annoying and he should get off Twitter responding to criticism when they are right.

hugepatsfan
11-28-2017, 03:40 PM
Parsons takes shots at others and brags about his contract... so I'm not sure how it's even close.

Not sure who he took shots at but yeah this would be a douchey thing.

Rose was a superstar who became injured so he's dealing with much more. He was also brought up in a dangerous environment as a child. I doubt Parsons experienced any of what Rose has.

I mean, yeah his fall from grace was steeper I guess. But he literally has walked away from his team on multiple occasions. Many other injured players and those with rough upbringings haven't done that. IDK what Parsons upbringing was and even if for whatever reason we assume he was privileged (:rolleyes:) he still hasn't quit on his team.

And Parsons just sickens me with how he tries to recruit players but he's constantly injured. It's just annoying and he should get off Twitter responding to criticism when they are right.

So he still wants his team to get better while he's hurt? That's a silly thing to get mad over lol

BKLYNpigeon
11-28-2017, 04:04 PM
Hes a good player, I just dont think he cares that much about basketball.

LaVar Ball
11-28-2017, 06:15 PM
You're ignorant if you really think things like this. A lot of owners/coaches etc. we're players and had great relationships with their black teammates. We live in a world right now that's just dying to label everything as racist.

No where did I say the owners donít have great relationships with black athletes.

But it donít hurt to be white in this day and age either.

Rebuilding squad in the Sixers throwing 23M at Redick is the most recent one that comes to mind.

IndyRealist
11-28-2017, 06:24 PM
*Looks at thread author*

*Looks at thread title*

*Looks at thread author*

No. No he is not.

Saddletramp
11-28-2017, 06:38 PM
Parsons took shots at Houston on his way out after getting the chance to prove he's a player in this league. I'm no fan of the guy since he left here (and I still love all of the past Rockets that are still in the league so it's not because he's gone) but you can't blame him for the contracts he's been given.

And he's not the same as Rose. Rose didn't want to recruit guys to help his team and it appears as if they suffered for it.. And he's walked away from multiple teams. Oh, and the personal issues like the gang rape allegations and not coming back to help his team because of the potential long term issues. If anything, Parsons came back too soon after signing that big contract.

Oh, and LaVar, Parsons didn't butt heads with Mavs management, they just weren't giving him anything close to that Grizzlies deal. He's still tight with Cuban.

Silent
11-28-2017, 09:21 PM
hes banging all the 18 year old, he could care less about basketball

Raps18-19 Champ
11-28-2017, 09:47 PM
I thought him and Cuban were close?

Saddletramp
11-28-2017, 10:02 PM
I thought him and Cuban were close?

They still are. Cuban basically told Parsons that it wasn't personal but he wasn't bringing him back on a max deal.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-28-2017, 10:23 PM
They still are. Cuban basically told Parsons that it wasn't personal but he wasn't bringing him back on a max deal.

What the hell is OP talking about then?

WaDe03
11-28-2017, 11:03 PM
No where did I say the owners donít have great relationships with black athletes.

But it donít hurt to be white in this day and age either.

Rebuilding squad in the Sixers throwing 23M at Redick is the most recent one that comes to mind.

On a 1 year deal for an elite shooter that is a perfect fit though. Now they have his bird rights too I believe and cap to try and build a very good team next year. Has nothing to do with being white. What about THJR contract with the Knicks or Noahs?

rhino17
11-28-2017, 11:27 PM
Chandler is generally a douchebag, but Stephen Jackson looks like an absolute clown. What a dumb ****ing thing to say

Green_Monster
11-29-2017, 12:15 AM
His advanced numbers are actually decent this year. Havenít really watched him play much though.

Saddletramp
11-29-2017, 12:24 AM
What the hell is OP talking about then?

Another guy that has no idea what he's talking about. Probably someone's dupe account trying to make the funz by imitating Lavar.

Scratch that......definitely someone's dupe account.

Saddletramp
11-29-2017, 12:26 AM
On a 1 year deal for an elite shooter that is a perfect fit though. Now they have his bird rights too I believe and cap to try and build a very good team next year. Has nothing to do with being white. What about THJR contract with the Knicks or Noahs?

There's some racist stuff that happens in sports. Chandler Parson's contract isn't one of them. This Lavar Ball guy gotta go.