PDA

View Full Version : NBA Christmas 2017

Tg11
11-26-2017, 03:16 PM
Seeing the Christmas schedule this year of games the games being as follows:

12:00 pm- 76ers vs Knicks
3:00 pm- Cavs vs Warriors (Rivalry game; 2015/16/17 NBA Finals Rematch)
5:30 pm- Celtics vs Wizards (Rivalry game)
8:00 pm- Rockets vs Thunder (Rivalry game)
10:30 pm- Timberwolves vs Lakers

Which game or games are you looking most forward to on Christmas Day on December 25th? Which games will you watch? All of them? Or just 1 specific game in general?

Tg11
11-26-2017, 03:26 PM
12:00 pm- Wizards vs Celtics (Rivalry Game on the Celtics' home floor)
2:30 pm- Warriors vs Cavs (NBA Finals Rematch)
5:00 pm- Kings vs Lakers (Lonzo Ball vs De'Aaron Fox at the Staples Center)
8:00 pm- Thunder vs Pacers (Paul George taking on his former team in Indiana)
10:30 pm- Rockets vs Clippers (CP3 taking on his former team in LA)

mightybosstone
11-26-2017, 03:30 PM
Why did you need to create two separate threads on the same topic, dude? Couldn't we have discussed Christmas games and potential Christmas games in the same thread?

warfelg
11-26-2017, 03:59 PM
It easy to explain what you wanted vs what we got:

12:00 pm- 76ers vs Knicks OR Wizards vs Celtics

Biggest media market featured early. Always gonna happen. You also have the KP v Embiid/Simmons angle. One of the hottest up and coming teams getting a national spotlight.

3:00 pm- Cavs vs Warriors OR Warriors vs Cavs

Same thing, but at a time more people are going to watch.

5:30 pm- Celtics vs Wizards OR Kings vs Lakers

Ok few reasons for this: Celtics Wizards is a huge rivalry right now that lots of people want to see, so that's why it's the 5:30 game and not the 12:00 game. Lakers and Kings will not have that same draw. That also means a 1:00 PM WCST tipoff, which doesn't happen often and would also be a low attended game as well.

8:00 pm- Rockets vs Thunder OR Thunder vs Pacers

Hmmm....two of the top talent teams in the West or a player against his former team without the fanbase or national interest as the matchup we got?

10:30 pm- Timberwolves vs Lakers OR Rockets vs Clippers

For the WC and fans, this is a more fun matchup since it's the 2 'up and coming' teams in the west facing off. Similar to Sixers/Knicks in the east, it's more about featuring the future of the league than anything else.
s vs Clippers (CP3 taking on his former team in LA)

Christmas day matchups is one of the things that the NBA 100% nails almost every singe year with each game, giving compelling story lines and matchups in every game.

Tg11
11-26-2017, 04:17 PM
However I have always wondered why the Raptors never play on Christmas

They always play like the day after Christmas or like a couple of days after have you ever noticed that

warfelg
11-26-2017, 04:28 PM
However I have always wondered why the Raptors never play on Christmas

They always play like the day after Christmas or like a couple of days after have you ever noticed that

They aren't really a compelling team who have a natural matchup to draw viewers.

Tg11
11-26-2017, 04:35 PM
That may be true but even so the Raptors do have a rivalry with teams like the Nets or even the Knicks and that could have been a great rivalry game to have on Christmas

warfelg
11-26-2017, 04:46 PM
That may be true but even so the Raptors do have a rivalry with teams like the Nets or even the Knicks and that could have been a great rivalry game to have on Christmas

But the storyline of the up and coming Sixers with Simmons/Embiid (and possibly Fultz at that time) against the up and coming Porzingis is far more compelling on a national stage.

lol, please
11-26-2017, 04:47 PM
Please don't ever call a Warriors Cavaliers game a rivalry. Any random team LeBron jumps to to try and make a super team is not a Warriors rival.

Warriors rivals are the Lakers and Rockets. Period.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Tg11
11-26-2017, 04:49 PM
I would classify it as a rivalry for the simple fact of the storylines behind it think about it these teams have met in the NBA Finals for like 3 straight years in a row and not to mention the bad blood between the teams how could you not consider the Warriors/Cavs as a rivalry?

lol, please
11-26-2017, 04:54 PM
I would classify it as a rivalry for the simple fact of the storylines behind it think about it these teams have met in the NBA Finals for like 3 straight years in a row and not to mention the bad blood between the teams how could you not consider the Warriors/Cavs as a rivalry?Bad blood? Between who? Lmao.

They met 3 times because no one in the east could beat them when it mattered in the playoffs. That's it really.

What story lines? LeBron had his own Cleveland story line, and the Warriors have had their own. Don't see how they relate at all.

The media has tried to make it a thing. That's different from it actually being a thing. Same with the Clippers. The media tries to make it a rivalry. The clippers aren't our rivals. Lmao.

warfelg
11-26-2017, 04:55 PM
Just because you don't think it's there doesn't mean other people don't think it's there.

Tg11
11-26-2017, 05:00 PM
But I will grant you this...Wizards/Celtics is a rivalry and for it to be on Christmas Day whoever said it before it only makes sense given the bench clearing fights that have occurred between the teams in the past but also who will ever forget that John Wall ***** slap to Crowder? I know I won't which is why I am hoping praying we beat the Wizards on Xmas

The only thing acceptable is victory as far as I am concerned LMFAO HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Saddletramp
11-26-2017, 05:16 PM
The three years in row Finals opponents isn't a rivalry game? Fun and nuanced, I guess.

lol, please
11-26-2017, 07:05 PM
The three years in row Finals opponents isn't a rivalry game? Fun and nuanced, I guess.Not enough to be imo. We all know when LeBron leaves Cleveland, no one will give a crap about a Cavaliers vs Warriors game.

True rivalries:

Giants/dodgers
Cowboys/49ers
Red Sox/ Yankees
Barcelona/Real Madrid
Lakers/Celtics
Warriors/Rockets

Doesnt matter who's name is on the back, the name on the front means they hate each other

aman_13
11-26-2017, 07:18 PM

They are just that team from Canada. They don't resonate in the States unfortunately.

Just remember though, it's our sport :D.

Scoots
11-27-2017, 12:27 AM
Not enough to be imo. We all know when LeBron leaves Cleveland, no one will give a crap about a Cavaliers vs Warriors game.

True rivalries:

Giants/dodgers
Cowboys/49ers
Red Sox/ Yankees
Barcelona/Real Madrid
Lakers/Celtics
Warriors/Rockets

Doesnt matter who's name is on the back, the name on the front means they hate each other

By that logic every NBA Christmas day should be Warriors/Rockets and Lakers/Celtics? No other teams need apply?

Saddletramp
11-27-2017, 02:31 AM
Not enough to be imo. We all know when LeBron leaves Cleveland, no one will give a crap about a Cavaliers vs Warriors game.

True rivalries:

Giants/dodgers
Cowboys/49ers
Red Sox/ Yankees
Barcelona/Real Madrid
Lakers/Celtics
Warriors/Rockets

The Cowboys/49ers haven't been a rivalry in a few decades now. And Warriors/Rockets only since about 5 years ago.

Until Lebron leaves Cleveland, they're in a rivalry.

Saddletramp
11-27-2017, 02:33 AM
By that logic every NBA Christmas day should be Warriors/Rockets and Lakers/Celtics? No other teams need apply?

He's just trolling to remind Rockets fans that the Warriors surpassed them. It's what he does.

Scoots
11-27-2017, 10:44 AM
He's just trolling to remind Rockets fans that the Warriors surpassed them. It's what he does.

I know. I can only resist 95% of his stuff :)

Driven
11-27-2017, 10:55 AM
As a Rockets fan, I don't consider the Warriors a rival. They are just our main competition right now and the Rockets are the underdogs.

I'd say a team within the division or state, like the Mavericks or Spurs, are the Rockets main rivals. The Thunder and Rockets have also developed some sort of a rivalry stemming from James Harden and also Patrick Beverley.

There's absolutely no connection between the Warriors and Rockets from a rivalry standpoint. Different time zones, no bad blood, different divisions, nothing. They are just in competition with one another and shoot a lot of threes.

I live in the Northeast though, so I could completely be out of touch with the people of Houston.

TheDish87
11-27-2017, 12:30 PM
12:00 pm- Wizards vs Celtics (Rivalry Game on the Celtics' home floor)
2:30 pm- Warriors vs Cavs (NBA Finals Rematch)
5:00 pm- Kings vs Lakers (Lonzo Ball vs De'Aaron Fox at the Staples Center)
8:00 pm- Thunder vs Pacers (Paul George taking on his former team in Indiana)
10:30 pm- Rockets vs Clippers (CP3 taking on his former team in LA)

in no way should the Kings and Lakers be played over the Sixers/NYK. No one cares about Ball vs Fox and Embiid vs Porz is way more interesting

Saddletramp
11-28-2017, 02:29 AM
As a Rockets fan, I don't consider the Warriors a rival. They are just our main competition right now and the Rockets are the underdogs.

I'd say a team within the division or state, like the Mavericks or Spurs, are the Rockets main rivals. The Thunder and Rockets have also developed some sort of a rivalry stemming from James Harden and also Patrick Beverly.

There's absolutely no connection between the Warriors and Rockets from a rivalry standpoint. Different time zones, no bad blood, different divisions, nothing. They are just in competition with one another and shoot a lot of threes.

I live in the Northeast though, so I could completely be out of touch with the people of Houston.

Naw, pretty spot on. It'd be just like saying the Celtics and Cavs have a rivalry right now. Just two good teams battling it out. When one is no longer good, it won't matter. The Yankees and Red Sox can be the two worst teams in the league and it's still a big time atmosphere.

Giannis94
11-28-2017, 09:48 AM
The Cowboys/49ers haven't been a rivalry in a few decades now. And Warriors/Rockets only since about 5 years ago.

Until Lebron leaves Cleveland, they're in a rivalry.
That happened not 1not 2 not 3 yeare ago

Tg11
12-05-2017, 01:03 PM
Plus another reason why I am excited about NBA Christmas 2017 is because of the uniforms for each team playing on Christmas

Tg11
12-15-2017, 03:00 PM
And also with Christmas right around the corner it makes you excited for the NBA match ups on Christmas...because of the storylines involved within each game