PDA

View Full Version : 11/25 & 11/26 NBA Game Thread

kdspurman
11-25-2017, 06:14 PM
November 25th, 2017

http://i66.tinypic.com/107owhe.jpg

Scoots
11-25-2017, 07:06 PM
Looking forward to several games today even though most of them seem fairly predictable.

lol, please
11-25-2017, 07:10 PM
Excited to see the Subs wipe the floor with the Pelicans, but do wish I could catch the Raptors / Hawks game on national tv

:sigh:

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Scoots
11-25-2017, 07:15 PM
If the Warriors lose the Pels will have a shot at the 3rd place in the West. Have the Pelicans EVER been in the 3rd spot in the conference?

Vee-Rex
11-25-2017, 07:16 PM
No John Wall for 2 weeks. Wizards might slide down the standings.

FlashBolt
11-25-2017, 07:44 PM
No John Wall for 2 weeks. Wizards might slide down the standings.

And no Kanter+Porzingis... Knicks are going to be awful.

Sixers3Fan
11-25-2017, 08:04 PM
No Ben Simmons tonight. Expecting a close game in Philly

More-Than-Most
11-25-2017, 08:16 PM
no ben and Embiid is playing sick. : (

Sixers3Fan
11-25-2017, 08:16 PM
what a pass by McConnell. Need JJ to hit his 3s tonight

ewing
11-25-2017, 08:26 PM
And no Kanter+Porzingis... Knicks are going to be awful.

****ing weak.

warfelg
11-25-2017, 08:43 PM
Don't **** with Embiid. Even when sick he's a beast. All 10 points in the 2nd quarter so far.

Sixers3Fan
11-25-2017, 08:45 PM
Embiid heating up

zn23
11-25-2017, 09:37 PM
Really like Pascal Siakam. He should be a starter over JV.

lol, please
11-25-2017, 09:41 PM
It's already over for the Pelicans.

Love seeing Clark get his ring

lol, please
11-25-2017, 09:45 PM
Didn't realize Rondo was with the Pelicans Lol.
And he looks like he hasn't aged a day since his Celtics days.

lol, please
11-25-2017, 09:50 PM
Zaza with some pep in his step early lol

warfelg
11-25-2017, 09:52 PM
Redick making his first non-3 point shot with 10 minutes left in the 4th....and he has 24 points.

aman_13
11-25-2017, 09:56 PM

I'm really excited about him. He can handle the ball really well for a big and has shown very good playmakimg skills. His defense has been really good as well.

warfelg
11-25-2017, 09:58 PM
Sixers home games have a thing of 2 missed free throws means a free small frostee. Been confusing the **** out of other players when they miss the first one.

lol, please
11-25-2017, 10:09 PM
I'm really excited about him. He can handle the ball really well for a big and has shown very good playmakimg skills. His defense has been really good as well.Agreed. It's a shame they don't show more Raptors games on national tv so I could watch him and DeRozan more often.

warfelg
11-25-2017, 10:13 PM
JJ Redick needs 2 more 3's to break the Sixers single game record and the Magic are being dicks about it.

aman_13
11-25-2017, 10:18 PM
Agreed. It's a shame they don't show more Raptors games on national tv so I could watch him and DeRozan more often.

Streaming is your friend I guess.

We are lucky here, we get to see a good share of GS games.

warfelg
11-25-2017, 10:18 PM
It's Furkan Time in Philly!!!

lol, please
11-25-2017, 10:19 PM
What a block by Cousins, my goodness

warfelg
11-25-2017, 10:22 PM

#HereTheyCome

lol, please
11-25-2017, 10:26 PM
Iggy is wet!!!

lol, please
11-25-2017, 10:27 PM
What a move by Livingston!!!!

:faint:

OMG

warfelg
11-25-2017, 10:27 PM

All done without Simmons. Watchout.

zn23
11-25-2017, 10:33 PM
Apart from two terrible collapses against the Knicks and Pacers, the Raps are playing the best they've played and this is possibly the best team they've ever had.

lol, please
11-25-2017, 10:36 PM
Looney is going to be special. Love that he's being groomed in this Warriors dynasty

lol, please
11-25-2017, 10:40 PM
King Klay for the lead!!

lol, please
11-25-2017, 11:06 PM
Green already out with 5 fouls but the plus side is we get to see more of Bell

tredigs
11-25-2017, 11:22 PM
OKC getting rolled by the tanking Mavs is super funny.

lol, please
11-25-2017, 11:26 PM
OKC getting rolled by the tanking Mavs is super funny.:laugh2:

lol, please
11-25-2017, 11:34 PM
And 1 Livingston! Everyone putting in work now

lol, please
11-25-2017, 11:40 PM
Klay does what he wants with the Pelicans lol

lol, please
11-25-2017, 11:57 PM
15-5. No big deal.

ewing
11-26-2017, 12:13 AM
JJ Redick needs 2 more 3's to break the Sixers single game record and the Magic are being dicks about it.

are they supposed to let him get it?

homie564
11-26-2017, 12:29 AM

All done without Simmons. Watchout.

Are you saying the 6ers were better without Simmons? Knew he was overrated.... [emoji51]...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoots
11-26-2017, 12:40 AM

Different players. They both need minutes by situation.

Scoots
11-26-2017, 12:43 AM
Sixers home games have a thing of 2 missed free throws means a free small frostee. Been confusing the **** out of other players when they miss the first one.

Used to be that you could get a free mini-pizza if the Warriors scored over 120. They don't do that anymore :)

More-Than-Most
11-26-2017, 12:51 AM
bucks lose to a depleted and bad jazz team... empty stats master giannis putting in the work :shrug:

They should be winning much much more man.. their team is good.

Scoots
11-26-2017, 12:55 AM
Looney is going to be special. Love that he's being groomed in this Warriors dynasty

Uhhh ... they didn't pick up his option. He's an unrestricted free agent this off-season.

FlashBolt
11-26-2017, 02:07 AM
bucks lose to a depleted and bad jazz team... empty stats master giannis putting in the work :shrug:

The part of his game, like many others, is that they can't help the rest of the team get better. Giannis is amazing but his production is solo-oriented. His length and size just creates too many mismatches but his basketball skill is pretty average, tbh. If he had LeBron's mental game, he would be the best player. Sadly, he's an amazing athlete with a poor BBIQ. Players like that will never be the best.

More-Than-Most
11-26-2017, 02:10 AM
The part of his game, like many others, is that they can't help the rest of the team get better. Giannis is amazing but his production is solo-oriented. His length and size just creates too many mismatches but his basketball skill is pretty average, tbh. If he had LeBron's mental game, he would be the best player. Sadly, he's an amazing athlete with a poor BBIQ. Players like that will never be the best.

ive never seen anything like it... Maybe a more athletic kevin love but without the shooting touch from deep? at least cousins played out west... He is playing in the weak east and this will be his 2nd season in a row where he likely finishes around 500 while being argued as the best in the world and on top of that his team is actually pretty good.. Its insanity.

FlashBolt
11-26-2017, 02:23 AM
ive never seen anything like it... Maybe a more athletic kevin love but without the shooting touch from deep? at least cousins played out west... He is playing in the weak east and this will be his 2nd season in a row where he likely finishes around 500 while being argued as the best in the world and on top of that his team is actually pretty good.. Its insanity.

Nah, his team isn't that good. Bledsoe is such an awkward fit and with Monroe gone, they're all over the place with lineups. Maker hasn't developed at all. KG said he would be a future MVP candidate.. doubt it at this point. He's easily still a top five player but in terms of actually winning anything, I'm not convinced he has what it takes yet. To be honest, Ben Simmons might be a better player than Giannis eventually. Just looking at Ben Simmons, he's got that advantage Giannis has over other players but he's got a much more contagious influence in his game than Giannis does. Teams playing vs Bucks are just letting Giannis get his and focusing on his teammates. I'm not sure how you can do that vs Ben - who can beat you by passing and scoring.

Scoots
11-26-2017, 02:28 AM
Great BBIQ players who are limited athletes need a team around them that lets them look good to the average fan while low BBIQ players who are great athletes always look good to the average fan.

warfelg
11-26-2017, 08:34 AM
are they supposed to let him get it?

Obviously not, but if you watched the game after hitting the 8th 3 of the game, suddenly Ross was really up in JJ's face the full court and was grabbing and holding.

ewing
11-26-2017, 08:35 AM
Obviously not, but if you watched the game after hitting the 8th 3 of the game, suddenly Ross was really up in JJ's face the full court and was grabbing and holding.

he should have started that well before he made 8 threes.

warfelg
11-26-2017, 08:44 AM
he should have started that well before he made 8 threes.

Which is why it kinda bothered me. Don't suddenly play him like that because he can get the record, play him like that when he's already 5-5 on 3's and hitting absurd falling OB 28 footers with 2 seconds on the shot clock in the 2nd.

warfelg
11-26-2017, 09:11 AM
Great BBIQ players who are limited athletes need a team around them that lets them look good to the average fan while low BBIQ players who are great athletes always look good to the average fan.

The whole Giannis thing is quite mystifying to me. I think that there's a little bit of "all of the above" in his situation. A little that the team around him needs to be better, but at the same time there's guy that have cone well in the bast. I think there's a little bit of low BBIQ mated with explosiveness which tends to give a "get out of jail free" card. I think there's a bit of just, he's not as great as some think. More amazing individual talent, not a great team player.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-26-2017, 10:14 AM
#FireKidd

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-26-2017, 10:28 AM

Its all on Kidd. Also Giannis came back for this game with a sore knee. Old injury from the Greece games this summer. Bucks are depleted as well. We starting Mitten JR at SG. That's worthy of Kidd being fired right there. Also Kidd should of been fire 3 years ago already. Our team is good? Maybe when Parker is back. Besides trading for a legit center at trade deadline. Middleton to streaky for me and his defense slipped last year already.

Bledsoe is a nice defender and speedy. But has no range. Also after that trade both Brogdon and Snell are benched. Plenty of articles quoting Brogdon saying he lost confidence and cant get into a rhthm. The body language is showing amongst the players. Once Kidd is fired this will turn around quickly. His so called zone defenses is stupid. Make our guys running around and predictable and leaves opponents wide open for threes.

We go from Brogdon,Snell,Middleton,Giannis,Maker before the Bledsoe trade to this...

Bledsoe,PaytonII,Middleton,Giannis,Henson Ya see the problem? No shooters other then streaky Middleton as the starter there. Henson cant set screens and lane is clogged for Giannis. #FireKidd

Scoots
11-26-2017, 11:24 AM
The whole Giannis thing is quite mystifying to me. I think that there's a little bit of "all of the above" in his situation. A little that the team around him needs to be better, but at the same time there's guy that have cone well in the bast. I think there's a little bit of low BBIQ mated with explosiveness which tends to give a "get out of jail free" card. I think there's a bit of just, he's not as great as some think. More amazing individual talent, not a great team player.

I think part of it is that some players develop that feel for the game quickly and some never do. I don't know if it's genetic or coaching. I do think that coaching at the NBA level is more about maximizing the roster rather than teaching new skills. New skills take years to learn once they get to the NBA and coaches generally can't have that patience.

As an example of coaching and scheme being limited in getting more from players, Westbrook is a dominant force on the court and he's only ever played the they way he plays. He's developed his skills, but he hasn't really changed despite several coaching changes. I think Westbrook would probably still be nearly the same if he was playing for Pop or Kerr or Stevens, and he would probably frustrate them because they would not be able to ignore his talent but he just doesn't play the way they want.

Kidd telling Giannis he was the point guard was, I think, an effort to get that making-your-team-better thing to unlock in him, but if the team around him isn't good enough to make it work it quickly fades away because good habits not rewarded stop being habits. From the 20 or so Bucks games I've seen over the last season and a half I'd say Kidd's biggest weakness as a coach is his defensive scheme, but the offense scheme and the rotations are understandably dominated by the sole superstar he's got to coach.

tp13baby
11-26-2017, 11:45 AM
I think part of it is that some players develop that feel for the game quickly and some never do. I don't know if it's genetic or coaching. I do think that coaching at the NBA level is more about maximizing the roster rather than teaching new skills. New skills take years to learn once they get to the NBA and coaches generally can't have that patience.

As an example of coaching and scheme being limited in getting more from players, Westbrook is a dominant force on the court and he's only ever played the they way he plays. He's developed his skills, but he hasn't really changed despite several coaching changes. I think Westbrook would probably still be nearly the same if he was playing for Pop or Kerr or Stevens, and he would probably frustrate them because they would not be able to ignore his talent but he just doesn't play the way they want.

Kidd telling Giannis he was the point guard was, I think, an effort to get that making-your-team-better thing to unlock in him, but if the team around him isn't good enough to make it work it quickly fades away because good habits not rewarded stop being habits. From the 20 or so Bucks games I've seen over the last season and a half I'd say Kidd's biggest weakness as a coach is his defensive scheme, but the offense scheme and the rotations are understandably dominated by the sole superstar he's got to coach.

Giannis has nothing to do with the trash rotations and certain players getting minutes over others. He has been bad since he was hired and plays favorites more than anyone I know.

Scoots
11-26-2017, 11:56 AM
Giannis has nothing to do with the trash rotations and certain players getting minutes over others. He has been bad since he was hired and plays favorites more than anyone I know.

Well, he never should have been hired in the first place really.

warfelg
11-26-2017, 12:01 PM

My counter is always that the coach excuse only goes so far. The Warriors were a really good team even with Marc Jackson. Kerr just gave the players a little more free reign. I can't even 100% give him the Green thing because injuries is what got him to play Green in the first place and we can't be 100% sure he would have played Green if it weren't for that.

Could a new coach come in, tighten up the defensive scheme (and this is why I love NBA's defensive rules, only so far coaching can take you there), tighten up the rotation some....sure. But from what I've seen I'm not sure what could really change for them. Who in their main rotation would come out or who out of it would play more. Do you want to play a 5000 year old Jason Terry more when he was basically shelved for the playoffs?

I think no matter how good Giannis becomes the Bucks are going to always be sorta stuck. It's going to be hard to clear the cap, then convince someone to come, in order to land that second star. They're going to struggle to get a pick high enough to get a great player unless they get lucky with a mid pick or get injuries and sink.

Scoots
11-26-2017, 12:50 PM
My counter is always that the coach excuse only goes so far. The Warriors were a really good team even with Marc Jackson. Kerr just gave the players a little more free reign. I can't even 100% give him the Green thing because injuries is what got him to play Green in the first place and we can't be 100% sure he would have played Green if it weren't for that.

Could a new coach come in, tighten up the defensive scheme (and this is why I love NBA's defensive rules, only so far coaching can take you there), tighten up the rotation some....sure. But from what I've seen I'm not sure what could really change for them. Who in their main rotation would come out or who out of it would play more. Do you want to play a 5000 year old Jason Terry more when he was basically shelved for the playoffs?

I think no matter how good Giannis becomes the Bucks are going to always be sorta stuck. It's going to be hard to clear the cap, then convince someone to come, in order to land that second star. They're going to struggle to get a pick high enough to get a great player unless they get lucky with a mid pick or get injuries and sink.

I was saying that what a coach can do is limited to maximizing the skills their players have so I don't think we disagree. The Warriors were good, but significantly flawed under Mark Jackson ... they played iso ball on offense and that was causing them to get worse rather than better. Kerr would have been playing Green a lot without the Lee injury, but it would not have been as quick for sure ... but Kerr and Myers have the same view of the game (not shared by Jackson) that the most important skill is a BBIQ followed by length, shooting, and passion with raw athleticism last. Draymond was fat, slow, too short, and couldn't score and the Warriors strongly considered drafting him in the first round but felt he'd be there for their 2nd round pick ... he would have struggled under a lot of coaches who expect players to fit physical molds and be able to score in traditional ways, but with a coach who was willing to trust him with the offense was transformative. Kerr actually had Bogut running the offense from his first game coaching the team until Bogut got hurt that year and that injury, maybe more than Lee's, is what unlocked the Warriors current offense.

To use a different sport ... Bill Walsh created the "West Coast Offense" in Ohio because his QB didn't have the arm strength to play the traditional way.

The coaches biggest impact is in maximizing their players skills with scheme not in changing their players. The downside of that fact is that superstars warp everything around them, and they can make it very hard for the scheme and the team to grow as individuals, and later because of money and the cap.

Giannis94
11-26-2017, 03:09 PM
The reason Jason Kidd was hired was because of the ties with the liberal owners. I hated it at the time. and I hate it just as much now. Last season I was saying "Fire kidd and we will improve" and mtm and crew were trolling "nah. giannis sucks"

When we had MCW,I knew that he sucked. You don't ****en do what kidd was doing. Lack of movement. players standing around, and leaving giannis at the 3 pt line. WTF is that. You have a top 10 talent and you ****e nelave him to dry. Thank god we have 4 years of giannis. But I really wish the liberal owners would have hired ya know, an actual coach opposed to a friend.

Vee-Rex
11-26-2017, 03:09 PM
People just latch onto whatever narrative fits their bias. Some coaches get a ton of credit but absolutely no criticism. Some coaches get a ton of criticism but no credit. It works the same with players.

Sure, Giannis isn't perfect. He could improve a few areas of his game. But why on earth should the 23 year old take all the blame for the Bucks woes? Why are we looking at their losses and blaming the one man that is likely keeping them from being a lottery team?

How can we drink the bathwater of guys like Kerr and Brad and Pop but ignore the inconsistencies and bad coaching and instead blame it on Giannis, DMC, AD?

Giannis94
11-26-2017, 03:12 PM
People just latch onto whatever narrative fits their bias. Some coaches get a ton of credit but absolutely no criticism. Some coaches get a ton of criticism but no credit. It works the same with players.

Sure, Giannis isn't perfect. He could improve a few areas of his game. But why on earth should the 23 year old take all the blame for the Bucks woes? Why are we looking at their losses and blaming the one man that is likely keeping them from being a lottery team?

How can we drink the bathwater of guys like Kerr and Brad and Pop but ignore the inconsistencies and bad coaching and instead blame it on Giannis, DMC, AD?

I'm just happy the bucks aren't as dysfunctional as the Kings. Or say what the 76ers went through. But if you google the Bucks owners, there is shady stuff.

Scoots
11-26-2017, 03:39 PM
The reason Jason Kidd was hired was because of the ties with the liberal owners. I hated it at the time. and I hate it just as much now. Last season I was saying "Fire kidd and we will improve" and mtm and crew were trolling "nah. giannis sucks"

When we had MCW,I knew that he sucked. You don't ****en do what kidd was doing. Lack of movement. players standing around, and leaving giannis at the 3 pt line. WTF is that. You have a top 10 talent and you ****e nelave him to dry. Thank god we have 4 years of giannis. But I really wish the liberal owners would have hired ya know, an actual coach opposed to a friend.

Are you saying Kidd was hired because he votes Democrat? Based on the news this year it doesn't seem hard to find coaches with a liberal outlook (Pop, Kerr)

Scoots
11-26-2017, 03:40 PM
I'm just happy the bucks aren't as dysfunctional as the Kings. Or say what the 76ers went through. But if you google the Bucks owners, there is shady stuff.

Why bring the Kings and 76ers into this from left field?

Giannis94
11-26-2017, 03:42 PM
Why bring the Kings and 76ers into this from left field?

dysfunction. DMC. Not out of left field. The 76ers went through a period of dysfunction, medical stuff, and people got fired. Now its appeared to have been turned around. Kings had different types of dysfunction. And maybe they're turning it around? So not out of left-field. But I get the targeting and the witch-hunt. so it's okay.

warfelg
11-26-2017, 03:46 PM
Are you saying Kidd was hired because he votes Democrat? Based on the news this year it doesn't seem hard to find coaches with a liberal outlook (Pop, Kerr)

Who knows anymore. I'm sure there was some favoritism at work with hiring Kidd for sure. But doubt it was based on political leanings.

Giannis94
11-26-2017, 03:53 PM

Milwaukee Bucks coach Jason Kidd joined four Milwaukee Bucks executives who are among the Milwaukee-area business leaders financially supporting Democrat Hillary Clintonís presidential campaign.

Others with Bucks ties contributing to Clinton include former owner and former Democratic U.S. Sen. Herb Kohl and Bucks minority owner Teddy Werner, whose full-time job is Milwaukee Brewers vice president of marketing and business development.

Beyond the Bucks backing Clinton in the area business community are several reliable Democratic supporters such as Milwaukee attorney and Robert W. Baird executive Don Layden, and Kyle Weatherly, the former president of Solaris Inc., according to Clintonís most recent campaign finance statement for the period ending June 30.

Most of the contributors listed in this story gave the maximum $2,700 allowed under federal law before the Wisconsin primary which was held April 5.

Kidd and Kohl both attended a fundraiser for Clinton in downtown Milwaukee in September 2015. Clinton visited with supporters at the University Club, which overlooks Milwaukeeís lakefront at East Wells Street and North Prospect Avenue.

The Bucks delegation was led by New York City-based co-owner Marc Lasry, a longtime friend and supporter of Hillary and Bill Clinton. Lasry flew to Milwaukee for the event. Lasryís son and Bucks vice president Alex Lasry also attended and was a co-host.

Other Bucks executives who contributed to Clinton included president Peter Feigin, general manager John Hammond and manager of business strategy and platform development Jonathan Zuckerbrod.

Former Wisconsin Energy CEO Dick Abdoo and his wife, Joan, were listed on the invitation as the hosts of the September 2015 party and also appear on Clintonís contributor list.

Other notable Clinton contributors from the Milwaukee-area business community included: We Energies vice president Thelma Sias, Associated Bank Milwaukee market president John Utz, Milwaukee real estate developer Julilly Kohler, Palermoís Pizza vice president Nick Fallucca, Milwaukee commercial real estate developer Rick Barrett and Linda Marcus of Linda Marcus Design.

High-profile philanthropists contributing to Clinton included Lynde Uihlein, Madeleine Lubar and Marianne Lubar. Marianne Lubar is the wife of Lubar & Co. chairman Sheldon Lubar and Madeleine Lubar is Sheldon Lubarís daughter-in-law.

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2016/08/05/coachkidd-milwaukee-bucks-execs-among-local.html

FEBRUARY 16--In a blistering legal counterattack on her estranged husband, the wife of NBA star Jason Kidd has filed a lawsuit accusing the athlete of "years of physical abuse" and serial adultery.

Joumana Kidd, who last month was branded an erratic spousal abuser by the New Jersey Nets guard, made her allegations in a counterclaim filed late yesterday in New Jersey Superior Court (a copy of the document can be found here). According to Joumana, 34, Kidd has engaged in extramarital affairs with "several different television reporters," as well as strippers in Arizona, Sacramento, Miami, Dallas and Indiana, a Nets season ticket holder, a Nets employee, and a cheerleader in New Orleans.

Joumana also contends that she recently discovered a prepaid cell phone of his containing text messages and naked photos sent by various women. Joumana portrays Kidd, 33, as a sadistic binge drinker and excessive gambler who began beating her even before the pair's 1997 marriage. She claims that Kidd assaulted her while she was pregnant with the couple's first child and has struck her with everything from a large rock to a cookie.

Once, after Kidd kicked her in the stomach causing blood to appear in her urine, Joumana alleges that he told her, "I don't give a f--k." She also claims that Kidd resorted to purchasing her expensive jewelry (a $585,000 pink diamond ring and a $550,000 diamond pendant) as a way to apologize for his marital infidelity.

Joumana's counterclaim was filed in response to Kidd's January 9 divorce petition, which accused her of domestic violence and portrayed her as "increasingly controlling and manipulative."

In January 2001, Kidd was arrested in Arizona for punching Joumana in the mouth during an argument. He later took an assault plea and was ordered to attend anger management classes. The couple has three children, whose names have been redacted from Joumana's filing by court personnel.

Kidd, who was named this year to his eighth NBA All-Star team, will miss Sunday's game in Las Vegas due to a strained lower back. He is in the fourth year of a six-year, $99 million deal with the Nets. (27 pages)

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/wife-jason-kidd-serial-abuser-adulterer

Giannis94
11-26-2017, 03:53 PM
Also, Lasry was kidd's financial advisor. Google has that, too.

Giannis94
11-26-2017, 03:54 PM
Alright everyone, go head and rip giannis now. and give jkidd a pass on all the inforamtion above.

warfelg
11-26-2017, 04:03 PM
I just don't see how those two things you put in have anything to do with each other.

lol, please
11-26-2017, 04:19 PM

How can we drink the bathwater of guys like Kerr and Brad and Pop but ignore the inconsistencies and bad coaching and instead blame it on Giannis, DMC, AD?This is a great post, but we are guilty of this as fans, and yet we continue to do so, after acknowledging the fact. Why?

Saddletramp
11-26-2017, 05:11 PM
Jason Kidd is a world class piece of ****. Known that for decades. Screw that guy.

Scoots
11-26-2017, 05:25 PM
dysfunction. DMC. Not out of left field. The 76ers went through a period of dysfunction, medical stuff, and people got fired. Now its appeared to have been turned around. Kings had different types of dysfunction. And maybe they're turning it around? So not out of left-field. But I get the targeting and the witch-hunt. so it's okay.

DMC is not on the Kings and the Sixers have had relative stability and quality in coaching over the last several years. It's not a witch hunt dude, everyone can see how talented Giannis is and yet the Bucks ARE struggling.

Scoots
11-26-2017, 05:28 PM

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2016/08/05/coachkidd-milwaukee-bucks-execs-among-local.html

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/wife-jason-kidd-serial-abuser-adulterer

Did I miss in there where it said Kidd was hired because he was a democrat? And what does his relationship with his ex-wife from literally more than a decade ago have to do with what a Giannis and an assistent coach have said to each other?

Scoots
11-26-2017, 05:29 PM
Alright everyone, go head and rip giannis now. and give jkidd a pass on all the inforamtion above.

The two have nothing to do with each other. It's whataboutism.

aman_13
11-26-2017, 05:41 PM
I just don't see how those two things you put in have anything to do with each other.

I was thinking the same thing. What does this have to do with Giannis or coaching?

warfelg
11-26-2017, 05:42 PM
DMC is not on the Kings and the Sixers have had relative stability and quality in coaching over the last several years. It's not a witch hunt dude, everyone can see how talented Giannis is and yet the Bucks ARE struggling.

As much as we went through we were surprisingly stable. Every player that came through said it was a great experience. Hinkie left over a difference of opinion/demotion (JC wanted to make Hinkie Co-GM/Head of analytics, with basically a person to overrule Hinkie at times). Other than that all the players praised the training staff (despite issues); talked glowingly about Brett Brown; and many players actually thanked us for giving them a shot.

Off the top of my head:
Dedmon, Frasier, Jerami Grant, Ish Smith, Nerlens Noel, MCW, Canaan, Luc Mbah a Moute

Are all guys here during the process that went on to have decent roles with other teams and developed something in their game while here.

WaDe03
11-26-2017, 06:27 PM
I don't understand why Miami is dead set on fighting for the 8th seed. They should trade Whiteside for the BKN pick and unload Dragic for a 1st round pick, maybe 2 then tank.

JRich
Doncic or Porter JR/TJ
Winslow
Bagley
Bam

Goodness the future would be bright.

More-Than-Most
11-26-2017, 07:52 PM

Its not about rip giannis... dude is a top 5 player right now... but in the NBA over any other sport a top 5 player should be able to get their team well over 500 esp if they are compared to legoat. Again Giannis starts are hella inflated because everything runs through him and he gets nobody involved... If he were to work on his shooting outside or start dishing it out more when doubled etc etc etc they would benefit more. If they dont turn it around within 2 seasons he will start getting called cousins/love. Playoffs are a different monster... if he were a top 2 or 3 seed getting eliminated in the playoffs you tip your cap because you are constantly playing good teams night in and night out but this is the regular season out east.... there is no excuses.

Now lets hear your rebuttal of at least he will be playing in 2 years etc etc lol

More-Than-Most
11-26-2017, 07:55 PM
I don't understand why Miami is dead set on fighting for the 8th seed. They should trade Whiteside for the BKN pick and unload Dragic for a 1st round pick, maybe 2 then tank.

JRich
Doncic or Porter JR/TJ
Winslow
Bagley
Bam

man.... i wont lie. If I am the cavs id trade that pick for whiteside lol... that might keep lebron here. If the cavs could find a way to get dragic and whiteside in some type of 3 team deal for TT/Shumpert/Number 1 pick.

WaDe03
11-26-2017, 08:22 PM
man.... i wont lie. If I am the cavs id trade that pick for whiteside lol... that might keep lebron here. If the cavs could find a way to get dragic and whiteside in some type of 3 team deal for TT/Shumpert/Number 1 pick.

Rose TT Shumpert JR Nets pick and Cavs 1st (if they can trade both) for Dragic and Whiteside.

IT/Wade
Dragic/Korver
LeBron/Crowder
Love/Green
Whiteside/Frye

Start Crowder and Move Dragic to that 2nd unit if it works better.

MJNetsIsles
11-26-2017, 09:19 PM
Rose TT Shumpert JR Nets pick and Cavs 1st (if they can trade both) for Dragic and Whiteside.

IT/Wade
Dragic/Korver
LeBron/Crowder
Love/Green
Whiteside/Frye

Start Crowder and Move Dragic to that 2nd unit if it works better.

No.

MJNetsIsles
11-26-2017, 09:20 PM
Brooklyn with the WIN in Memphis.

tp13baby
11-26-2017, 09:51 PM

JRich
Doncic or Porter JR/TJ
Winslow
Bagley
Bam

How much we thinking Bam JRich and Winslow become great players? Cause I donít see it.

tp13baby
11-26-2017, 09:52 PM
Brooklyn with the WIN in Memphis.

Memphis isnít a good team?

tp13baby
11-26-2017, 10:01 PM
Its not about rip giannis... dude is a top 5 player right now... but in the NBA over any other sport a top 5 player should be able to get their team well over 500 esp if they are compared to legoat. Again Giannis starts are hella inflated because everything runs through him and he gets nobody involved... If he were to work on his shooting outside or start dishing it out more when doubled etc etc etc they would benefit more. If they dont turn it around within 2 seasons he will start getting called cousins/love. Playoffs are a different monster... if he were a top 2 or 3 seed getting eliminated in the playoffs you tip your cap because you are constantly playing good teams night in and night out but this is the regular season out east.... there is no excuses.

Now lets hear your rebuttal of at least he will be playing in 2 years etc etc lol

You are underrating rotations and playing certain players. I have zero bias when it comes to Giannis or Kidd. Not a Bucks fan at all. I watched Kobe teams not make the playoffs, itís still early with Giannis. But Brogdon to not play is ****ing hilarious. Thatís just one example, but I donít even watch the bucks enough to fully examine him but when I do itís absolutely terrible.

As a 6ers fan you would hate Saric getting the DNP. Or signing Scalabrine and playing him cause he is friends with Brown. Itís horrendous and you canít blame Giannis.

I watched Kobe teams not make it, not top 5 players but what most consider top 15 to ever play the game. DMC and Davis together not make it. Melo in a weak east not make it.

WaDe03
11-26-2017, 11:45 PM
How much we thinking Bam JRich and Winslow become great players? Cause I donít see it.

JRich is pretty solid, he's a long 3 and D guy. Winslow will continue to grow and at worse become a defensive stopper. Bam will be the best of those 3 imo. He's got a little Shawn Kemp in him but I feel he shoots better. Bam is only like 19.

Scoots
11-26-2017, 11:46 PM
I watched Kobe teams not make it, not top 5 players but what most consider top 15 to ever play the game. DMC and Davis together not make it. Melo in a weak east not make it.

And the same debate has been had about all of those players.

All-In
11-27-2017, 08:06 AM

JRich
Doncic or Porter JR/TJ
Winslow
Bagley
Bam

Miami only has 3 picks total the next 5 years and they're very cap strung too, most likely taxed next year....So just getting one pick back that may be top5 and a bunch of cap heavy contracts (based off your proposed Cavs trade idea) isn't really a "rebuild" though....Miami's pick is top 7 protected this year too, so they have to be really bad to get that pick considering that there are already about 5-7 teams that suck

So the flip side to your trade idea is Miami doesn't get there pick this year, it falls outside of top 7...the nets pick lands at 7, they have no cap space for the next 2-3 years and only 3 total picks in the next 5 years with limited tradeable assets........Im not saying a rebuild isn't the way to go but if they're selling off Dragic and Whiteside they need more cap flexibility and draft picks in return

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-27-2017, 09:31 AM

Kidd is close with one of the three billionaire owners. He even had say over GM a few draft's back to pick Vaughn. Where exGM Hammond wanted Portis. Kidd got his way. Hammond now with Magic. Also one of our owners is best buds with Bill Clinton. Not to turn this thread into politics or anything. Also go back to Bucks hiring Kidd before we fired coach then Drew. That was a mess as well. #FireKidd #FireSweeney #FirePrunty

Scoots
11-27-2017, 10:22 AM
Kidd is close with one of the three billionaire owners. He even had say over GM a few draft's back to pick Vaughn. Where exGM Hammond wanted Portis. Kidd got his way. Hammond now with Magic. Also one of our owners is best buds with Bill Clinton. Not to turn this thread into politics or anything. Also go back to Bucks hiring Kidd before we fired coach then Drew. That was a mess as well. #FireKidd #FireSweeney #FirePrunty

I agree that Kidd was a bad hire under shady circumstances, and I don't doubt that he and at least one of the major owners of the Bucks vote Democrat ... but the implication was that Kidd being a Democrat was a leading factor in his hiring, above his skills for the job or his friendship with ownership. I don't buy it.

Giannis94
11-27-2017, 11:36 AM

I honestly would rather be the 6/7 seed and get the Cas than say the wizz/some no name team. Put Giannis on the biggest stage.

Giannis94
11-27-2017, 11:37 AM
I agree that Kidd was a bad hire under shady circumstances, and I don't doubt that he and at least one of the major owners of the Bucks vote Democrat ... but the implication was that Kidd being a Democrat was a leading factor in his hiring, above his skills for the job or his friendship with ownership. I don't buy it.

He had financial ties with the owners to the clinton campaigns and going back IIRC. Those ties over years created a relationship that made it easier to bring Kidd in because of the relationship and trust that had developed.

WaDe03
11-27-2017, 11:55 AM
Miami only has 3 picks total the next 5 years and they're very cap strung too, most likely taxed next year....So just getting one pick back that may be top5 and a bunch of cap heavy contracts (based off your proposed Cavs trade idea) isn't really a "rebuild" though....Miami's pick is top 7 protected this year too, so they have to be really bad to get that pick considering that there are already about 5-7 teams that suck

So the flip side to your trade idea is Miami doesn't get there pick this year, it falls outside of top 7...the nets pick lands at 7, they have no cap space for the next 2-3 years and only 3 total picks in the next 5 years with limited tradeable assets........Im not saying a rebuild isn't the way to go but if they're selling off Dragic and Whiteside they need more cap flexibility and draft picks in return

That's why you tank so you get the picks. BKN will be bottom 3. The Heat are average as it is, they'd be pretty terrible without their 2 best players. They would be bottom 7.

Scoots
11-27-2017, 12:47 PM
He had financial ties with the owners to the clinton campaigns and going back IIRC. Those ties over years created a relationship that made it easier to bring Kidd in because of the relationship and trust that had developed.

So you are just inferring that Kidd's political views were why he was hired ... no actual evidence.

Scoots
11-27-2017, 12:51 PM
That's why you tank so you get the picks. BKN will be bottom 3. The Heat are average as it is, they'd be pretty terrible without their 2 best players. They would be bottom 7.

Why? They are not now, and they are 1 win (and losses from several teams) from picking around pick 12.

Giannis94
11-27-2017, 01:01 PM
So you are just inferring that Kidd's political views were why he was hired ... no actual evidence.

As is the case with most things in today's day in age. Where there's smoke there is fure. But when the fire is started and in full-blaze, you can't see the cause. Look at the clintons. Tons of smoke, and fire, and evidence. Yet no one has been successfull (I guess that varies as trump kinda did) at putting it out.

WaDe03
11-27-2017, 01:09 PM
Why? They are not now, and they are 1 win (and losses from several teams) from picking around pick 12.

Because they're terrible and lost their 2 best players. They've been going downhill fast lately.

homie564
11-27-2017, 01:55 PM
I donít buy that Brooklyn pick being top 3... they kind of remind me of the Celtics team from 2 years ago. Very little talent but play their hearts out every game. That translates to winning some games they probably shouldnít win. My gut feeling is that they end with something around 28-32 wins which in the League this year probably puts them around 5-9... something in that range

Vee-Rex
11-27-2017, 01:57 PM
I donít buy that Brooklyn pick being top 3... they kind of remind me of the Celtics team from 2 years ago. Very little talent but play their hearts out every game. That translates to winning some games they probably shouldnít win. My gut feeling is that they end with something around 28-32 wins which in the League this year probably puts them around 5-9... something in that range

But you gotta factor in the wizardry of Dan Gilbert's son on lottery night. That's important.

WaDe03
11-27-2017, 02:00 PM
But you gotta factor in the wizardry of Dan Gilbert's son on lottery night. That's important.

Didn't even think about that, it's guaranteed 1st pick now.

WaDe03
11-27-2017, 02:02 PM
Marc Gasol is not happy lol. He was benched in the 4th last night and said he bets they wouldn't do that to Mike Conley.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-27-2017, 02:08 PM

I mentioned Nets would be around 8 or 9 lottery. That was before Lin got hurt. Then once he got hurt then I changed my tune to #6 lottery. Even with Russell out as well Nets still win a little here and there. Others flamed on my 8 or 9. They acted like Nets were top 3 no matter what. I even came up with a top 11 or so lottery order. People laughed then and my order looks about right as of now.

http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/group/league

Nets #6 lottery with injuries to Lin and Russell.

Scoots
11-27-2017, 03:17 PM
As is the case with most things in today's day in age. Where there's smoke there is fure. But when the fire is started and in full-blaze, you can't see the cause. Look at the clintons. Tons of smoke, and fire, and evidence. Yet no one has been successfull (I guess that varies as trump kinda did) at putting it out.

No. You can't say A and B have one trait in common thus the cause of them being together is that one trait. Is the owner male? Kidd is male. Is the owner rich? Kidd is rich.