PDA

View Full Version : Make your offers for DeAndre Jordan

mrblisterdundee
11-24-2017, 11:50 PM
Rumors are swirling about the Cavaliers' interest in DeAndre Jordan (http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2017/11/cavaliers_deandre_jordan_marc.html#incart_river_in dex). If he is available, where do you think he would fit? Who's close enough to contention to want Jordan, and do they have the young assets Los Angeles probably wants for him?

c.c.
11-25-2017, 12:30 AM
I hope the Rockets donít go after him, I know Morey love big name players.

rhino17
11-25-2017, 12:52 AM
I hope the Rockets donít go after him, I know Morey love big name players.

I don't think he'd go for it, despite the rumors about it. Capela is a fraction of the cost and 80% of the production

WaDe03
11-25-2017, 12:58 AM
Yea the Rockets won't go after him. I'd rather the Cavs pry Whiteside away from Miami but I wouldn't be mad at Jordan. With the Grizzlies continuing to go down hill I'm starting to like Gasol.

More-Than-Most
11-25-2017, 01:16 AM
not worth as a sixer fan... we have holmes who is an amazing backup.

HandsOnTheWheel
11-25-2017, 01:56 AM
Nah, don't want him.

LOb0
11-25-2017, 02:17 AM
I wouldn't touch this guy. Bigs that have no offense and can't hit free throws have very little value to me. Unless they're Ben Wallace in some juggernaut defensive system, they're just not that valuable.

It would be absolutely hilarious if he ended up going to Dallas.

FlashBolt
11-25-2017, 02:21 AM
Wouldn't touch the guy unless he could hit his FT's above 65%. I think he's overrated, tbh. Plenty of NBA players can play high level defense if all you're doing rebounding outside of defense.

Vee-Rex
11-25-2017, 02:54 AM
Would love to swing him for Tristan, Shump, and the Cavs 2018 first rounder

More-Than-Most
11-25-2017, 03:01 AM
yea him on the cavs would be the right fit and choice.

FlashBolt
11-25-2017, 03:42 AM

I wonder how much that Kardashian nonsense has affected Tristan's presence on the team. It seems he has somewhat distanced himself from the group or the team in general just dislikes his focus. It's not a coincidence that he really hasn't had the same impact as he did just two years ago. Not even close it seems. But that first rounder? That's not a smart move on the Cavs end. It's unlucky Rose got injured because I'm pretty sure if he was healthy and still dropping 15-16 points per game, Cavs could have traded TT, Rose, and Shumpert for DJ. Probably Zizic as well. With Beverley gone, Rivers is their next best option and that guy just sucks. DJ would fit on this team much better than Cousins even though Cousins probably helps the team more. Doesn't need the ball, could play lobs with Wade+LeBron, IT and DJ would be a sick pick&roll option. His taps to the shooters as well as defense would give Love some much needed help on the interior. Makes sense but really, unless Cavs can with it all with DJ, I'm not sure how you make that 1st rounder trade.

LeBron
DJ
Love
IT
Smith

Looks damn good but if you lose, you are potentially losing LeBron, DJ, IT, and Wade. Have fun with Love leading the team. Also, part of me feels like LeBron does one-and-done deals now because he doesn't want to leave the Cavs with nothing and hopefully they make a sign-and-trade deal with him.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-25-2017, 09:43 AM
Rockets were actually linked to trade talks this summer for Jordan. That was before they traded for CP3. Capela was the main piece Clippers wanted back.

prodigy
11-25-2017, 10:19 AM
Hes the rim protector and rebounder cavs need. Would be very hard for GS to beat that.

DJ
Love
Lebron
Smith
IT

plus they already have One of the best benches in basketball. Dang

prodigy
11-25-2017, 10:22 AM
Wouldn't touch the guy unless he could hit his FT's above 65%. I think he's overrated, tbh. Plenty of NBA players can play high level defense if all you're doing rebounding outside of defense.

Then why don't we have more Jordan's in the league? People always talked about how good of a rebounder TT is, yet he's not crap compared to DJ lol.

prodigy
11-25-2017, 10:24 AM
Looks damn good but if you lose, you are potentially losing LeBron, DJ, IT, and Wade. Have fun with Love leading the team. Also, part of me feels like LeBron does one-and-done deals now because he doesn't want to leave the Cavs with nothing and hopefully they make a sign-and-trade deal with him.

If Lebron leaves then its prob a good thing you have all those expiring contracts. Because they will have to rebuild.

Vee-Rex
11-25-2017, 10:30 AM
I wonder how much that Kardashian nonsense has affected Tristan's presence on the team. It seems he has somewhat distanced himself from the group or the team in general just dislikes his focus. It's not a coincidence that he really hasn't had the same impact as he did just two years ago. Not even close it seems. But that first rounder? That's not a smart move on the Cavs end. It's unlucky Rose got injured because I'm pretty sure if he was healthy and still dropping 15-16 points per game, Cavs could have traded TT, Rose, and Shumpert for DJ. Probably Zizic as well. With Beverley gone, Rivers is their next best option and that guy just sucks. DJ would fit on this team much better than Cousins even though Cousins probably helps the team more. Doesn't need the ball, could play lobs with Wade+LeBron, IT and DJ would be a sick pick&roll option. His taps to the shooters as well as defense would give Love some much needed help on the interior. Makes sense but really, unless Cavs can with it all with DJ, I'm not sure how you make that 1st rounder trade.

LeBron
DJ
Love
IT
Smith

Well I don't mind really losing the Cavs 2018 first rounder if that's what would cause the Clips to make the trade. The Brk pick is another matter. I've changed my tune on that and don't wanna give it up for a half year rental of DJ (and Bevs is gone for the year).

Giannis94
11-25-2017, 10:48 AM
Could see the 76ers be open to dealing Embiid for him. Embiid may have a little more upside. But dj is a safer bet.

R. Johnson#3
11-25-2017, 11:09 AM
Jonas Valanciunas + Lucas Nogueira for DJ?

warfelg
11-25-2017, 11:53 AM
Could see the 76ers be open to dealing Embiid for him. Embiid may have a little more upside. But dj is a safer bet.

Sweet Jesus give it a rest.

eDush
11-25-2017, 12:33 PM
Would love to swing him for Tristan, Shump, and the Cavs 2018 first rounderYou might as well give up 3 first round picks for Mozgov cause that's what the Cavs did. He would cost more top picks, much more :nod:

mike_noodles
11-25-2017, 12:55 PM
Jonas Valanciunas + Lucas Nogueira for DJ?

I like the idea, not enough though. Think more picks and younger players.

Alayla
11-25-2017, 01:54 PM
Anything not named Simmons Embiid Fultz or Saric really maybe Okafor/Homles TLC and a couple firsts? idk

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-25-2017, 04:29 PM
Well Jordan has a player option next year. He wont pick that up and go into free agency most likely for more money. Bad thing is Jordan is like 29. Doubt he ages well on his next contract. So before the ink dries it could be considered negative contract. Also I believe the team that trades for him doesn't get full Bird rights carried over either. He's horrible free throw shooter. Can only scorer like 2' from the basket. Over rated defender. Yeah nice rebounder which my Bucks could use. But he'd clog the lane up for Giannis.

Also him making like what $30M to $35M per or more at age 29 or 30 for a 4 year deal. Some risk involved. Also would have to agree to a extension before the trade happens. Other wise I don't see teams giving up any thing significant. Jordan is making $22.6M right now. So Clippers have to be willing to take big salary fillers back in return besides the main young assets they may want.

LA4life24/8
11-25-2017, 04:32 PM
Better ? Is what do the clips want for him? Blake aint getting any younger and they signed him to that monster deal so they gotta build around him first rounders and future firsts dont help their win now mentality

Or are they just looking towards the future and using blake to sell seats in the meantime while gaining young players for the future?

IKnowHoops
11-25-2017, 05:02 PM

As long as you are not talking about the Brooklyn pick, I am 100% on board with you. I think every Cavs fan with sleep a little better when Tristan is traded for someone who does what he does but is 7 foot and not 6í9. Think Iíd rather have white side but would love either for one of those pieces. Defense just flies up with either of those bigs and Cavs will start blowing teams off the court.

FlashBolt
11-25-2017, 05:04 PM
Well I don't mind really losing the Cavs 2018 first rounder if that's what would cause the Clips to make the trade. The Brk pick is another matter. I've changed my tune on that and don't wanna give it up for a half year rental of DJ (and Bevs is gone for the year).

Wait, what? Cavs have their own 2018 first rounder?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-25-2017, 05:09 PM

Cavs have their own 2018 first as well as the Nets first. But Cavs would have to keep one or the other cause they owe the Hawks 2019 first cause of Korver.

Silent
11-25-2017, 05:16 PM
I don't think he'd go for it, despite the rumors about it. Capela is a fraction of the cost and 80% of the production

exactly its not worth going for

hugepatsfan
11-25-2017, 06:05 PM
DJ is a very good player but I don't think he'd make much of a difference marginally over TT in CLE or Capela in HOU. (That's assuming TT's 8 game down stretch to start the year isn't anything long-term.)

Vee-Rex
11-25-2017, 06:31 PM

Yep

warfelg
11-25-2017, 07:06 PM
DJ is a very good player but I don't think he'd make much of a difference marginally over TT in CLE or Capela in HOU. (That's assuming TT's 8 game down stretch to start the year isn't anything long-term.)

For Cleveland and DeAndre I think it's a good move. DJ can opt out, and if IT, LBJ walk, DJ can sign elsewhere and all the sudden Cleveland has clear cap and the ability to rebuild a bit via cap and picks. The key is not giving up too much for anything they want to get.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-26-2017, 10:48 AM
**** it. Middleton and Henson for Jordan and any tiny salary filler of $1M+ end of bench guy to keep Clippers from luxury tax.

warfelg
11-26-2017, 11:05 AM
**** it. Middleton and Henson for Jordan and any tiny salary filler of $1M+ end of bench guy to keep Clippers from luxury tax.

I don't get how in the other thread you complain about floor spacing and here you want to trade off one of the few possible spacers you have for a center.

Hustla23
11-26-2017, 11:07 AM
If the Cavs trade that tasty Nets first rounder for a guy who just rebounds and defends, they deserve to lose Lebron.

prodigy
11-26-2017, 11:14 AM

`DJ is a much better player then TT. Much much better. I like TT and I respect his hustle. But he's a avg at best defender and solid rebounder. That's really it. Not great at anything. DJ is a great rebounder and much better defender. Just his presence would do wonders for cavs.

If all cavs have to give up is TT and their 1st im down for sure. Wouldn't mind exploring for a cheaper underrated defensive big man if one exists first though.

Scoots
11-26-2017, 11:30 AM
I don't get how in the other thread you complain about floor spacing and here you want to trade off one of the few possible spacers you have for a center.

Because Middleton's game has slipped (playing by far the most minutes in his career and highest usage, but near career low shooting, and all those minutes has effected his D) and Bucks fans don't ever seem to like Henson (been on the block for 2 years it seems so the Bucks don't like his game/contract either).

Scoots
11-26-2017, 11:31 AM
If the Cavs trade that tasty Nets first rounder for a guy who just rebounds and defends, they deserve to lose Lebron.

They were talking about the Cavs 1st, not the Nets 1st.

Hustla23
11-26-2017, 11:34 AM
They were talking about the Cavs 1st, not the Nets 1st.

That makes more sense. I'm not even sure what Jordan's value is in today's league given the fact that he can't create his own offense, shoot (especially free throws), or pass.

The market has to be pretty slim I'd imagine.

warfelg
11-26-2017, 11:37 AM
Because Middleton's game has slipped (playing by far the most minutes in his career and highest usage, but near career low shooting, and all those minutes has effected his D) and Bucks fans don't ever seem to like Henson (been on the block for 2 years it seems so the Bucks don't like his game/contract either).

And I get that. But I would be finding a way to solve the issue rather than compound it.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-26-2017, 11:49 AM

Middleton is a streaky shooter. He's horrible for like first half of each season. Or his player option is a year away. I don't want him on his next contract. Middleton's peak value was his rookie contract. He doesn't move the needle. Also Brogdon or Snell can out shoot Middleton % wise easily.

Plus Parker will be back at SF in February. So minutes will be scarce soon enough for some guys. Also Bucks like one of the worst rebounding clubs. If we got second chance shots we be awesome easily. Also we had no decent centers in a long time. Maker to skinny and pushed around.

Henson is a knucklehead. Moose was decent but before the ink dried on his contract we were shopping him. Also last night spacing with Kidd's goofy starting line up of Bledsoe,Payton,Middleton,Giannis,Henson versus Jazz. Middleton only legit three point shooter yet streaky and he went for like 4-15.

Snell off the bench shot like 80%. Bucks wont have the cap for both Parker and Middleton down the road. Also I know Middleton will opt out of his final year of a player option for a haul. Time to cash in on Khash Middleton.

Even if Middleton and Henson for rental Jordan i'm game. We dump 3 years of Henson. Then next season Teletovic be a expiring. Then try and trade Delly yet.

Heediot
11-26-2017, 11:52 AM

I'd take this deal and run if I were the Clippers.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-26-2017, 11:57 AM
Well if the Bucks cant land Jordan I'd look for cheaper alternatives like Dedmon, O'Quinn, Withey, Noel,Koufos. Or try and shed contracts of Delly or Henson's 3 year deals. Maybe Bulls would dump putrid Mirotic for either? He has a team option which we wouldn't pick up. So we dump salary fast.

I was hoping we could dump Delly's 3 years for Shumpert's 2 year deal. Maybe even Bogut back for a second tour of duty. hahah Bucks need a center badly. We haven't had a legit center since Bogut, Magloire days and Sanders. Bogut was injury prone. Sanders was a headcase.

Scoots
11-26-2017, 11:58 AM
And I get that. But I would be finding a way to solve the issue rather than compound it.

Fans want their team to have a 30+ minute center and seem willing to pay for it.

warfelg
11-26-2017, 12:04 PM
Fans want their team to have a 30+ minute center and seem willing to pay for it.

You and I discussed this before...but only like 5 centers are pulling that right now lol.

Scoots
11-26-2017, 12:54 PM
You and I discussed this before...but only like 5 centers are pulling that right now lol.

I know ... but people still think it's critically important.

hugepatsfan
11-26-2017, 01:02 PM
`DJ is a much better player then TT. Much much better. I like TT and I respect his hustle. But he's a avg at best defender and solid rebounder. That's really it. Not great at anything. DJ is a great rebounder and much better defender. Just his presence would do wonders for cavs.

If all cavs have to give up is TT and their 1st im down for sure. Wouldn't mind exploring for a cheaper underrated defensive big man if one exists first though.

Yeah that would be an awesome deal for CLE but I just don't see why LAC would do that deal. For a late 1st I'd rather just let DJ walk and not have TT clogging my cap. If CLE can get him for basically straight up then yeah, of course go for it. But I don't think he'd make enough of a difference to justify giving up what I think it'd take. I'd think that they want someone like Crowder with TT.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-26-2017, 01:20 PM
Yeah Cavs very own 2018 first isn't to exciting in the late 20's. Also the TT contract was horrible before ink dried. LeBron really pushed for his team mates to get over paid. Smith contract is bad as well. Can the Cavs even afford to keep IT next summer? Or he walks?

warfelg
11-26-2017, 01:49 PM
Yeah that would be an awesome deal for CLE but I just don't see why LAC would do that deal. For a late 1st I'd rather just let DJ walk and not have TT clogging my cap. If CLE can get him for basically straight up then yeah, of course go for it. But I don't think he'd make enough of a difference to justify giving up what I think it'd take. I'd think that they want someone like Crowder with TT.

It makes sence for LAC if they think they are going to lose him. They are over the cap even with his contract coming off (IIRC) or it opens minimal space. So for them it ensures they have a replacement center and protect themselves from losing DJ for nothing.

To me it's the same reasoning as to why they did the CP3 deal. It was either trade him and get something or let him walk and lose him and have nothing to show for it.

Chronz
11-26-2017, 01:57 PM
Yeah Cavs very own 2018 first isn't to exciting in the late 20's. Also the TT contract was horrible before ink dried. LeBron really pushed for his team mates to get over paid. Smith contract is bad as well. Can the Cavs even afford to keep IT next summer? Or he walks?

Trade ain't happening without the Brooklyn pick. If we go full rebuild we can take on their bad contracts like JR or whatever.

Then Cleveland can totally retool with tons of cap space but that's not a viable route unless stars want to unite there.

prodigy
11-26-2017, 02:45 PM

Teams can always resign own players even if over cap.

Tg11
11-26-2017, 03:29 PM
De Andre Jordan to the Celtics for Baynes, Smart and 2 draft picks to get DeAndre Jordan

warfelg
11-26-2017, 03:44 PM
De Andre Jordan to the Celtics for Baynes, Smart and 2 draft picks to get DeAndre Jordan

That doesn't work cap wise.

Scoots
11-26-2017, 03:48 PM

Not if the owner is tired of paying the tax.

warfelg
11-26-2017, 03:52 PM

Or if they don't have bird rights.

Scoots
11-26-2017, 05:55 PM

They can't match any offer, but can sign players while over the cap.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-26-2017, 07:23 PM
Raptors send Jonas Valancounas and a draft pick.

Heediot
11-26-2017, 09:03 PM
Raptors send Jonas Valancounas and a draft pick.

They lack PG's, maybe send them Jonas and VanVleet, Filler and a 2nd round pick?

Raps18-19 Champ
11-26-2017, 11:50 PM
They lack PG's, maybe send them Jonas and VanVleet, Filler and a 2nd round pick?

Nah, now that I think about it, DeAndre is expiring but he'd still cost much more than that. We would probably have to send back a Norman along with JV.

LaVar Ball
11-27-2017, 03:07 AM
A Klondike Bar

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-27-2017, 09:50 AM
Curious on Jordan's actual value around the league. He's 29 and has a player option next season which he probably opts out for more money. He could be a rental for some teams. Not much cap space around the league. Clippers probably don't want dead beet contracts in return.

IndyRealist
11-27-2017, 10:01 AM

Not true, only if he has Bird rights. IT does, but KCP and Redick do not, for instance.

Scoots
11-27-2017, 10:26 AM
Not true, only if he has Bird rights. IT does, but KCP and Redick do not, for instance.

So the Warriors signed David West using Bird rights? No. Teams can sign players while over the cap, their own players or otherwise. They just can't pay them whatever they want when over the cap unless they have their Bird rights.

IndyRealist
11-27-2017, 10:40 AM
So the Warriors signed David West using Bird rights? No. Teams can sign players while over the cap, their own players or otherwise. They just can't pay them whatever they want when over the cap unless they have their Bird rights.

They signed him with an exception, hence why they are called exceptions.

Scoots
11-27-2017, 12:43 PM
They signed him with an exception, hence why they are called exceptions.

This all started with this comment:

Followed by:

The point is that teams over the cap can sign players without their Bird rights.

IndyRealist
11-27-2017, 01:21 PM
This all started with this comment:

Followed by:

The point is that teams over the cap can sign players without their Bird rights.

Yeah I get it. But exceptions by definition are not the rule, the rule is if you are over the cap and the player does not have Bird rights, etc. If you can get Lebron to agree to a vet min. exception, go for it. But that's not the normal occurence.

You can sign any player to a vet min deal if they agree to it. Obviously that was not what Prodigy was referring to, since he specifically said their "own players". He was very specifically talking about exceeding the cap to retain a player already on the team, because in most cases that conveys a contract advantage. One that KCP and JJ Redick do not currently have since they signed 1yr deals with new teams.

Scoots
11-27-2017, 04:09 PM
Yeah I get it. But exceptions by definition are not the rule, the rule is if you are over the cap and the player does not have Bird rights, etc. If you can get Lebron to agree to a vet min. exception, go for it. But that's not the normal occurence.

You can sign any player to a vet min deal if they agree to it. Obviously that was not what Prodigy was referring to, since he specifically said their "own players". He was very specifically talking about exceeding the cap to retain a player already on the team, because in most cases that conveys a contract advantage. One that KCP and JJ Redick do not currently have since they signed 1yr deals with new teams.

And I understood that and I used David West because he was on the team. They also signed Nick Young to the tax-payer MLE (yes I know, another exception), which disappointed JaVale McGee (a player already on the team) because he wanted them to give him the MLE.

I was just trying to add clarity. Teams over the cap CAN acquire players, their own or otherwise in several ways, not just with Bird rights. There are vet minimum contracts, rookie exception, non-taxpayer mid level, tax-payer mid-level, room mid-level, bi-annual exception, disabled player exception, Bird rights, early bird rights, veteran non-bird rights, and the Arenas Provision that I can think of ... though there are probably more.

In my recent experience as a Warriors fan getting players to play for the veteran minimum seems a VERY common occurrence :)

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-27-2017, 04:16 PM
And I understood that and I used David West because he was on the team. They also signed Nick Young to the tax-payer MLE (yes I know, another exception), which disappointed JaVale McGee (a player already on the team) because he wanted them to give him the MLE.

I was just trying to add clarity. Teams over the cap CAN acquire players, their own or otherwise in several ways, not just with Bird rights. There are vet minimum contracts, rookie exception, non-taxpayer mid level, tax-payer mid-level, room mid-level, bi-annual exception, disabled player exception, Bird rights, early bird rights, veteran non-bird rights, and the Arenas Provision that I can think of ... though there are probably more.

In my recent experience as a Warriors fan getting players to play for the veteran minimum seems a VERY common occurrence :)

Until your BIG4 is gone. KD will be a cry baby once the talent leaves. Poor Curry will be stuck with KD. Yeesh.

IndyRealist
11-27-2017, 04:32 PM

Boo 😝

Scoots
11-27-2017, 04:41 PM
until your big4 is gone. Kd will be a cry baby once the talent leaves. Poor curry will be stuck with kd. Yeesh.

lol

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-27-2017, 04:43 PM
lol

You think Warriors owner be paying luxury tax repeater to keep a big 4 at least a good 3 or 4 years down the road?

Scoots
11-27-2017, 11:41 PM
You think Warriors owner be paying luxury tax repeater to keep a big 4 at least a good 3 or 4 years down the road?

I think so.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-28-2017, 11:15 AM
Blake now injured Clippers in a "wait and see mode now".

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21593385/blake-griffin-los-angeles-clippers-exits-knee-injury

No Blake or Bev or Gallinari. Time to tank and trade Jordan. They can get a big man in top 5 lottery easily.

WaDe03
11-28-2017, 11:33 AM
Yea I think this Griffin injury will be the last straw. Trade Jordan for a high pick and draft Bagley and Ayton or something. Maybe Bagley and MPJ.

prodigy
11-29-2017, 11:40 AM

Well duh. lol, i meant the team can sign them if they want too.

prodigy
11-29-2017, 11:41 AM
Yea I think this Griffin injury will be the last straw. Trade Jordan for a high pick and draft Bagley and Ayton or something. Maybe Bagley and MPJ.

But who with a high pick would want DJ? cavs prob won't offer nets pick in a trade for DJ. Thompson and their 1st.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-30-2017, 09:31 AM
http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=21607528

Latest Zach Lowe podcast he mentions if Jordan or Gasol becomes available. Bucks will make a move most likely. He was right with a article way before Bucks traded for Bledsoe. He said Bucks had a long standing "Jones" for Bledsoe in the past. His suggested trade idea is Middleton,Telly and a first for Jordan. Seems kinda steep. Mentions Brogdon salary to small and probably doesn't get traded. Also Kidd is under pressure.

warfelg
11-30-2017, 09:48 AM

Latest Zach Lowe podcast he mentions if Jordan or Gasol becomes available. Bucks will make a move most likely. He was right with a article way before Bucks traded for Bledsoe. He said Bucks had a long standing "Jones" for Bledsoe in the past. His suggested trade idea is Middleton,Telly and a first for Jordan. Seems kinda steep. Mentions Brogdon salary to small and probably doesn't get traded. Also Kidd is under pressure.

I think Gasol is a much better fit for you guys TBH.

prodigy
11-30-2017, 10:23 AM

Ya thats kinda a bad trade honestly. I think Middleton is a real good scorer and Jordan is clearly not. This league is about offense. Adding a def and rebounding guy isn't a bad thing, but not when you are giving up ur 2nd leading scorer doesn't seem smart. As a cavs fan i'd be happy with u guys making that trade.

Giannis94
11-30-2017, 11:03 AM
I'd have a tough time doing that if he opts out. Unless you can do Middleton+Henson+Telly+snell for DJ/and a role player.

Just so we can slap a max on lebron

hugepatsfan
11-30-2017, 11:28 AM
Gasol would be AMAZING for MIL, IMO. His combination of floor spacing on offense and rim protection on defense is what they need.

Between Middleton, Parker, Brogden I think they could make a deal with some combination of assets.

Giannis94
11-30-2017, 12:25 PM
Gasol would be AMAZING for MIL, IMO. His combination of floor spacing on offense and rim protection on defense is what they need.

Between Middleton, Parker, Brogden I think they could make a deal with some combination of assets.

I'm open on Gasol I guess. Gun sy on DJ with his option. But I like DJ's intensity.

warfelg
11-30-2017, 12:31 PM
You donít know Gasols game or watch him much if the answer is ďI guessĒ.

Giannis94
11-30-2017, 12:39 PM
You donít know Gasols game or watch him much if the answer is ďI guessĒ.

Sorry, sir!

I'm a bit concerned that he's 32 and that he will likely see some sort of decline in the near future.

IKnowHoops
11-30-2017, 01:22 PM
Donít want him unless I can get him for TT and Shump straight up. Regardless Iím still trying to get DMC with the nets pick/Cavs pick and whatever else.

prodigy
11-30-2017, 01:29 PM
I'd have a tough time doing that if he opts out. Unless you can do Middleton+Henson+Telly+snell for DJ/and a role player.

Just so we can slap a max on lebron

That trade will hurt the Bucks quite a bit.

Giannis94
11-30-2017, 01:42 PM
That trade will hurt the Bucks quite a bit.

Completely unrealisitic, yes. Would do it if it was Parker plus those guys. and that's not even looking at the cap situations.

But I wouldn't be opposed to it because it would clear some BAD contracts. And be a player in the FA MKT. But I'd rather fire kidd first and foremost and worry about the ****** contracts later.

prodigy
11-30-2017, 01:48 PM
Completely unrealisitic, yes. Would do it if it was Parker plus those guys. and that's not even looking at the cap situations.

But I wouldn't be opposed to it because it would clear some BAD contracts. And be a player in the FA MKT. But I'd rather fire kidd first and foremost and worry about the ****** contracts later.

Well Lebrons not going to the Bucks so you can't focus on that. Losing Middleton and not receiving any offense in return would be a huge loss. Same with Parker. Thats ur future not DJ or Lebron. Thats why as a cavs fan i would not even consider offering nets pick for DJ. Because that could be the cavs future if Lebron leaves.

DJ's a good player and fills his role. But he's not worth what ur talking about giving up.

Giannis94
11-30-2017, 02:15 PM
Well Lebrons not going to the Bucks so you can't focus on that. Losing Middleton and not receiving any offense in return would be a huge loss. Same with Parker. Thats ur future not DJ or Lebron. Thats why as a cavs fan i would not even consider offering nets pick for DJ. Because that could be the cavs future if Lebron leaves.

DJ's a good player and fills his role. But he's not worth what ur talking about giving up.

He could go to the Bucks. He never said he isn't. And look, he went back to CLE after they made a mockery of themselves. Not just gilbert, but the fans too. so chil.. anything is possible

Vee-Rex
11-30-2017, 02:15 PM
Let's see... TT + Shump + Cavs 1st for DJ.

JR + Crowder + Zizic + Nets pick swap with OKC's first for George

Thomas/Wade
George/Wade/Osman
James/Korver
Love/Green
Jordan/Frye

9 man rotation with Wade. Let's dooooo it!

Silent
11-30-2017, 02:36 PM
let's see... Tt + shump + cavs 1st for dj.

Jr + crowder + zizic + nets pick swap with okc's first for george

thomas/wade
george/wade/osman
james/korver
love/green
jordan/frye

9 man rotation with wade. Let's dooooo it!

no way in hell

Vee-Rex
11-30-2017, 02:42 PM
no way in hell

yes way in hell, man. yes way

Chronz
11-30-2017, 04:42 PM
Ya thats kinda a bad trade honestly. I think Middleton is a real good scorer and Jordan is clearly not. This league is about offense. Adding a def and rebounding guy isn't a bad thing, but not when you are giving up ur 2nd leading scorer doesn't seem smart. As a cavs fan i'd be happy with u guys making that trade.

DJ may make them better offensively and defensively, really depends on how you value Middleton versatility here

Chronz
11-30-2017, 04:43 PM
no way in hell

Lol right. Why would the clips take 2 bad contracts and a **** pick?

Chronz
11-30-2017, 04:44 PM
He could go to the Bucks. He never said he isn't. And look, he went back to CLE after they made a mockery of themselves. Not just gilbert, but the fans too. so chil.. anything is possible

That was Cleveland tho. Ur just Milwaukee to him

Chronz
11-30-2017, 04:47 PM

He wouldn't get the ball enough here unless they completely revamped the giannis driven offense

If you want to see what giannis can become you get the guy who allows him to dominate the ball while being an efficient 2 way force without it.

IKnowHoops
12-01-2017, 12:48 AM
Let's see... TT + Shump + Cavs 1st for DJ.

JR + Crowder + Zizic + Nets pick swap with OKC's first for George

Thomas/Wade
George/Wade/Osman
James/Korver
Love/Green
Jordan/Frye

9 man rotation with Wade. Let's dooooo it!

Ya know, having, Bron, IT, and George?...I think we'd be much better served getting DMC, a guy that can straight kill down low. Getting Paul George would just being adding a fourth steak nice. Cavs need a spoon and a fork to properly set the table of basketball success. Now come join me in making this a spectacular day!

FlashBolt
12-01-2017, 01:26 AM
I think trading that many Cavs pieces will kill any chemistry they have and hurt the team on a personal level. More to a team than just better players. These guys seem to genuinely like each other. PG seems to have issues coexisting in OKC for us as it is. It'll probably beat the Warriors but that's a lot to trade.

Silent
12-01-2017, 03:03 AM

:laugh:

Giannis94
12-01-2017, 10:00 AM
Mke>cle. Giannis>>>>anything cle has to offer. And letís face it, curry is the best player from Akron .

prodigy
12-01-2017, 10:13 AM

you talking about the video of a handful of people burning jerseys? i hope ur not assuming that was all cavs fans. Dan Gilbert wrote a letter to get the fans filling the seats and it worked.

Only bucks Lebron cares about are the buckeyes.

Glad you feel better throwing insults around. But im just saying you cannot expect Lebron to go there, so trading really good young players away for DJ is not a smart move.

Giannis94
12-01-2017, 10:21 AM
you talking about the video of a handful of people burning jerseys? i hope ur not assuming that was all cavs fans. Dan Gilbert wrote a letter to get the fans filling the seats and it worked.

Only bucks Lebron cares about are the buckeyes.

Glad you feel better throwing insults around. But im just saying you cannot expect Lebron to go there, so trading really good young players away for DJ is not a smart move.
Not a single insult in my post. (You may want to check reading comprehension if you believe there was an insult) And there was more than a handful. Oh how people forget the past.

Anyway, I believe lbj will consider the bucks. And getting dj could help

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-01-2017, 10:25 AM
Middleton been shaking the rust off. I wouldn't trade him now. I'd wait till the wheels complete fall off in LALA land to see if Jordan becomes cheaper. Sucks Dedmon got injured. Also I see short contract of Shumpert is injured now as well.

FlashBolt
12-01-2017, 01:47 PM
Mke>cle. Giannis>>>>anything cle has to offer. And letís face it, curry is the best player from Akron .

Add this guy to your ignore list.

prodigy
12-01-2017, 01:57 PM
Not a single insult in my post. (You may want to check reading comprehension if you believe there was an insult) And there was more than a handful. Oh how people forget the past.

Anyway, I believe lbj will consider the bucks. And getting dj could help

"he went back to CLE after they made a mockery of themselves". what kind words def not insulting thx. lol.

Lebron will not even consider the Bucks. Thats not me trying to be ignorant, i love the young team they are building. but it will be the Cavs or Lakers.

warfelg
12-01-2017, 02:09 PM
"he went back to CLE after they made a mockery of themselves". what kind words def not insulting thx. lol.

Lebron will not even consider the Bucks. Thats not me trying to be ignorant, i love the young team they are building. but it will be the Cavs or Lakers.

Or Sixers. The rumors are growing.

Giannis94
12-01-2017, 02:29 PM

I honestly think the 76ers are more realistic than the Lakers. But if he wants to do a "big 3" again, why not in New Orleans with Davis and PG? Trade Holliday. I know that probably wouldn't happen. but that would be fun to watch.

FlashBolt
12-01-2017, 02:31 PM
I honestly think the 76ers are more realistic than the Lakers. But if he wants to do a "big 3" again, why not in New Orleans with Davis and PG? Trade Holliday. I know that probably wouldn't happen. but that would be fun to watch.

You talk about being realistic and then say you know it wouldn't happen but suggested an idea?

warfelg
12-01-2017, 02:49 PM
You talk about being realistic and then say you know it wouldn't happen but suggested an idea?

Not only that, but one that's nearly impossible to accomplish. They would need to dump Holiday, Hill, Asik, Moore, and likely Ajinca without taking any salary back.

WaDe03
12-01-2017, 02:54 PM
Wade and LeBron will be Sixers next year.

FlashBolt
12-01-2017, 03:01 PM
Wade and LeBron will be Sixers next year.

Doubtful. Maybe down the latter years but I just can't see a LeBron trying to compete going to a team that still has injury issues to resolve. Can Embiid and Simmons sustain a healthy few years? Cause it would be a total travesty if Embiid+Simmons is out and LeBron has to carry a team at age 34+. Plus, they're still too young. I think this season should answer a lot of questions about the playoffs and health for them. LeBron should consider going to them at age 36 or something if he wants to preserve his body and still be able to compete for titles.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-01-2017, 03:18 PM
LeBron probably stays with Cavs. If he bolts Rockets or Spurs be cool. Lakers have to much work to land two stars. 76ers be good if Embiid and Simmons can stay healthy. But if Irving didn't like being little brother not so sure Embiid or Simmons wants the shadow from LeBron either.

WaDe03
12-01-2017, 04:35 PM
Doubtful. Maybe down the latter years but I just can't see a LeBron trying to compete going to a team that still has injury issues to resolve. Can Embiid and Simmons sustain a healthy few years? Cause it would be a total travesty if Embiid+Simmons is out and LeBron has to carry a team at age 34+. Plus, they're still too young. I think this season should answer a lot of questions about the playoffs and health for them. LeBron should consider going to them at age 36 or something if he wants to preserve his body and still be able to compete for titles.

Just trolling, I don't see him leaving Cleveland. Especially if they trade the Nets pick.

prodigy
12-02-2017, 09:36 AM

Rumors are growing? I'll start a rumor. Prodigy will win the lottery.

prodigy
12-02-2017, 09:50 AM
I can't wait to see the Cavs with IT. that will be the true measuring point for this team. It's hard to see Lebron leaving the cavs because this is a very good team. You don't leave very good teams for no reason. Cavs have the ability to resign all these guys, trade that nets pick or keep it and draft someone. Its not like Lebrons first time in Cleveland when they were completely stuck. Cavs have options.

I don't believe the Lakers are a real possibility either, Because i don't believe he needs Hollywood. Lebron can make movies, shows etc... anywhere he plays. He brings Hollywood to him.

I don't believe the sixers are a real option also. Yes they got a young talented team and Lebron likes Simmons. But they got serious injury histories that Lebron WILL look at.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-02-2017, 09:59 AM
Rumors are growing? I'll start a rumor. Prodigy will win the lottery.

http://woelfelspressbox.com/2017/12/jordan-becomes-center-of-bucks-attention/

Bucks pushing for Jordan. Also have interests in Okafor and Chandler. Also Wizards,Raptors,Wolves have interests in Jordan. Clippers want Brogdon,Middleton,Henson for Jordan. That's a bit steep. That's almost the same package which could of almost had Irving before Celtics got involved. Maybe if its just Brogdon and any of our two of three Amigos as in Delly,Telly,Henson then fine.

Jordan could be a rental. Also he doesn't have the value of traded CP3 or Irving packages.

Heediot
12-02-2017, 10:33 AM

Bucks pushing for Jordan. Also have interests in Okafor and Chandler. Also Wizards,Raptors,Wolves have interests in Jordan. Clippers want Brogdon,Middleton,Henson for Jordan. That's a bit steep. That's almost the same package which could of almost had Irving before Celtics got involved. Maybe if its just Brogdon and any of our two of three Amigos as in Delly,Telly,Henson then fine.

Jordan could be a rental. Also he doesn't have the value of traded CP3 or Irving packages.

If Bucks can get Okafor for dirt cheap, I think he can replace what Monroe gave them offensively.

Mr.B
12-02-2017, 10:44 AM
Noel, Matthews, and a 2nd round pick from the Mavs for DeAndre. Thatís what Bleacher Report suggested.

Heediot
12-02-2017, 10:48 AM

Another thing.

GM's 90 percent of the time always say we are not moving so and so early in the negotiations. Except for blatantly obvious situations like the Bledsoe one. They do that for leverage. GM's also ask for a king's ransom early on as part of strategy. It's all trade negotiations 101.

At the end I think DJ gets moved for a Carmelo Anthony type package. Or just slightly better.

Giannis94
12-02-2017, 11:02 AM
Another thing.

GM's 90 percent of the time always say we are not moving so and so early in the negotiations. Except for blatantly obvious situations like the Bledsoe one. They do that for leverage. GM's also ask for a king's ransom early on as part of strategy. It's all trade negotiations 101.

At the end I think DJ gets moved for a Carmelo Anthony type package. Or just slightly better.

So for a high salary stats stuffer?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-02-2017, 11:02 AM
Jordan has a player option and could be a rental. Also with Clippers injuries to Blake and Bev. They more less have the spot light on them for full tank now. Also doubt Clippers wanna give Jordan his next contract at age 30. Also they dont have CP3 any more.

IKnowHoops
12-02-2017, 02:05 PM
Jordan is not very appealing at age 30. He's still athletic, but he's not what he was 3 years ago. The more I think about it, a 24 year old TT and 27 year old Iman is all I'd give up. Those two are still improving, Jordan is declining.

IKnowHoops
12-02-2017, 02:08 PM
Noel, Matthews, and a 2nd round pick from the Mavs for DeAndre. Thatís what Bleacher Report suggested.

As disinchanted as Dallas is with Nerlens, I wonder if Cavs could trade Iman straight up for him. He doesn't even play anymore.

TrueFan420
12-02-2017, 02:50 PM
As disinchanted as Dallas is with Nerlens, I wonder if Cavs could trade Iman straight up for him. He doesn't even play anymore.

I doubt the Mavs are trying to take on cap and years without getting an actual asset back. They'd be giving the Cavs a young center with potential to take on a washed up wing and end up owing 15 million more over the rest of the year and next. They'd be better off letting him walk for nothing.

Scoots
12-02-2017, 02:59 PM
I doubt the Mavs are trying to take on cap and years without getting an actual asset back. They'd be giving the Cavs a young center with potential to take on a washed up wing and end up owing 15 million more over the rest of the year and next. They'd be better off letting him walk for nothing.

I agree ... it would have to be for a draft pick.

IndyRealist
12-02-2017, 06:45 PM

I suspect they'd rather let him walk than tie up payroll on a player they don't want.

IKnowHoops
12-02-2017, 06:50 PM
I never really look into cap stuff...which is probably obvious...but I got y'all...yeah they def would not do that

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-02-2017, 07:13 PM
Yeah it suck to part with Brogdon. But if it means him unloading Henson and either Teletovic or Delly for Jordan. Hell yeah. Even if Jordan walks. We clear a ton of cap. I also expect improved three point shooting from Parker when he returns. Good to see Clippers asking for Henson as one of the main salary throw-ins. Good to see Henson increased his trade stock a bit this year. I thought for sure he was dead weight like Plumlee. Man Bucks were so lucky dumping Plumlee.

FlashBolt
12-02-2017, 11:23 PM
I like Shump but his overall NBA impact is very low. He's best suited for a 3&D type game but he isn't even good at that. Difficult to see him affecting the game in any other way. Lue tried making him a PG because he wanted to give Shump some playing time but he's a poor passer and can't really get rid of defenders on him or draw doubles. His trade value has got to be low. Cavs should move and force a team to take him if they ever unload that BKYLN pick.

Mr.B
12-02-2017, 11:44 PM
Jordan has a player option and could be a rental. Also with Clippers injuries to Blake and Bev. They more less have the spot light on them for full tank now. Also doubt Clippers wanna give Jordan his next contract at age 30. Also they dont have CP3 any more.

I donít see any way he walks away from $24 mil for next year. Even if he gets traded to the worst team in the league heís not opting out of that much money for 1 year. Whoever trades for him is stuck with that cap hit.

Edit: unless heís traded to Houston and he allows Chris Paul to talk him out of it again.

Scoots
12-03-2017, 12:28 AM
I donít see any way he walks away from $24 mil for next year. Even if he gets traded to the worst team in the league heís not opting out of that much money for 1 year. Whoever trades for him is stuck with that cap hit.

Edit: unless heís traded to Houston and he allows Chris Paul to talk him out of it again.

If the "word" gets to him that he will be offered 4 @ 75 I could easily see him opting out.

beasted86
12-03-2017, 01:28 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y88nt3r5

Miami does it to start the rebuild.
Milwaukee gets DJ, a great 6th man and sheds 2 bad contracts.
Clippers get a reasonable priced replacement of DJ who is younger.

Heediot
12-03-2017, 01:46 PM
Once Shump got paid he mailed it in. Expect a good (relative) season in his next contract year

D-Leethal
12-03-2017, 02:04 PM
Shump is getting a reality show, he doesn't care about hoops.

FlashBolt
12-03-2017, 02:07 PM

It makes sense for Milwaukee but it honestly makes zero sense for the Clippers. Miami would also be getting a steal. Whiteside is overrated. Once teams figured out how to play against him, he's been just okay. Clippers would be screwed with contracts and players they don't need. I mean, is Hassan really that much or if at all, better than DJ? Clippers are the ones who should do a full rebuild.

Heediot
12-03-2017, 02:14 PM

If Doc was still GM they bite, he is trying to save his own arse now.

c.c.
12-03-2017, 06:49 PM

No way Capela shoots free throws better, has post moves, younger, cheaper, and a better ďoverallĒ defender.

Clippers must be taking Anderson contract, giving us their lotto pick they about to get, a future 2nd rounder, and giving us back Lou Williams & Sam Decker!

FlashBolt
12-03-2017, 07:02 PM
Say what you want about CP3 but this dude is one of the most efficient players in NBA history. his AST/TO ratio is at an absurd 8. Next closest is Curry at 5.7. This is while playing on a new team that he hasn't really adjusted fully to since it's only 7 games in. I couldn't believe some people had issues with how he would fit on this team. If you're wondering, CP3 is only turning the ball over 1.3 times per game.. He's averaging 10.3 assists per game. It's easily his highest assist per play he's generated in his career. Houston might be able to knock down the Warriors if Harden shows up ready.

Chronz
12-03-2017, 07:03 PM

pretty good imo, I just wish Clips could get one of your teams young guards, why are fans so low on Whiteside this year tho. I honestly prefer the Clips get some picks to clear some cap but I like the idea of Whiteside

kobe4thewinbang
12-04-2017, 11:49 PM
He'd be great in an up-tempo "Lob City"-like offensive scheme. Dude can jump like no other. I wonder if Houston would want him if they lose Capella. Not sure if Capella would jump ship, but he is going to demand big money next summer. Probably have a strong interest on the market, too. The Mavericks wanted DeAndre in that whole fiasco. I'd like him on the Lakers, myself. Imagine him and Lonzo oop-oop-block'ing it together. The downside is his foul shooting and his lack of post game. But you can mask him due to his defense, somewhat. He's more fit for today's league with his dunks and up-tempo game. Clippers should get rid of him while they can.

kobe4thewinbang
12-04-2017, 11:50 PM
As disinchanted as Dallas is with Nerlens, I wonder if Cavs could trade Iman straight up for him. He doesn't even play anymore.Shumpert just had knee surgery

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/nba-au/news/cleveland-cavaliers-iman-shumpert-out-6-8-weeks-after-surgery-on-left-knee/i69i347n3ama1xgmzwodhsomf

Saddletramp
12-04-2017, 11:56 PM
Without knowing the actual number Capella qualifies for as a RFA,I believe it's less than Jordan is getting. Plus, Jordan can leave in a year and the Rockets are back to square one at Center. I imagine Capella will sign an offer sheet and it'll get matched.

Jordan is a local though and he's best buddies with CP3. But I still don't see it happening.

FlashBolt
12-04-2017, 11:56 PM
Shumpert just had knee surgery

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/nba-au/news/cleveland-cavaliers-iman-shumpert-out-6-8-weeks-after-surgery-on-left-knee/i69i347n3ama1xgmzwodhsomf

And he sucks. Don't forget that one.

Cracka2HI!
12-05-2017, 02:37 AM
The rumor I like the most is the one with Washington for Gortat and Oubre. I don't think there's a chance in hell they would that. Oubre is a RFA so maybe. Oubre is the type of player every team needs in today's NBA. The Clippers have been looking for him their entire existence. I think the Milwaukee rumor with Henson and Brogdon makes the most sense. I'm not sure Brogdon is worth Henson's and possibly Teletovic contract tho. I love what DJ has done for The Clippers but I don't see what he's worth to us now. If he was in year 1 of his contract I can see value. He shouldn't be part of the future at the amount he'll get paid. I agree with some of the posts that a player like him is really only valuable in the right situation. A rebuilding team isn't it. The Clippers need to be a rebuilding team. I'm not sure they couldn't get similar production from Harrell and Reed with the way DJ is playing. I'm also not sure a team with Blake at C isn't better. If they happen to get a player like Oubre I think they could actually be better this year. A small frontcourt of Blake, Gallo and Oubre is probably better than a huge frontcourt of DJ, Blake and Gallo in today's NBA.

Heediot
12-05-2017, 04:09 AM
Jordan is a local though and he's best buddies with CP3. But I still don't see it happening.

Not too sure about this. Cp3 yelling at his *** all day, almost made him run to Cuban.

Saddletramp
12-05-2017, 05:38 AM
Not too sure about this. Cp3 yelling at his *** all day, almost made him run to Cuban.

I thought the same thing but straight from the horses mouth:

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/12/clippers-notes-paul-rivers-rebuild.html?fv-home=true&post-id=80750

ďI talk to DJ just about every day,Ē Paul said to USA TODAY Sports. ď(About) everything. Life, hoop, everything. But I talk to him just about every day. Seriously Ö I always wish (the Clippers) the best, but for me Ė DeAndre, I talk to DJ literally about every day. And Jasen Powell, whoís the head trainer, I talk to him almost every day too.Ē

All that being said, Capella is younger, cheaper (for now), has great chemistry with Harden (and it looks like CP3), is already there, and doesn't seem as dumb as DJ (referencing him yelling at DJ numerous times). I think it was Doc and Blake that really turned CP3 off, not necessarily DJ.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-05-2017, 08:42 AM
Jordan got a agent now since rumors are ramping up. Its Jeff Schwartz. Which is same agent as Kidd and a few other Bucks.

Heediot
12-05-2017, 09:00 AM
I'd take Middleton, maker, delly for dj, austin
and the clippers first (top 5 protected).

give doc the rest of the season to prove his worth without nepotism involved.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-05-2017, 10:09 AM

C'mon Horst!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-05-2017, 10:17 AM

Clippers already asked for Henson as one of the main salary fillers if they trade Jordan. Now its in the Bucks court to decide what the sweetener is. I doubt we give up both Brogdon and Middleton. Wouldn't be shocked if the Clippers wanted injured Parker to get the tank in full swing. Then deal Blake later at trade deadline. Clippers most likely getting two of our three Amigos as in Henson,Delly,Telly.

Figure Jordan makes $22.6M and a trade kicker. I could see Bucks wanting Lou back as well for scoring punch off the bench. Also not much of a market for centers these days and Clippers loaded with injuries. So all GM's know Clippers will have a fallout for lottery. One article mentions Cavs,Bucks,Raptors,Wolves,Wizards as possible trade targets.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-05-2017, 10:20 AM

Rivers is horrible and negative trade value. No one takes him. Only way Bucks take him is if its December 15 to trade Snell in the deal. Snell,Delly,Telly,Henson for Jordan,Rivers. But man Rivers is horrible. Shouldn't even be in the NBA. Junk for Junk trade.

Heediot
12-05-2017, 11:17 AM
Rivers is horrible and negative trade value. No one takes him. Only way Bucks take him is if its December 15 to trade Snell in the deal. Snell,Delly,Telly,Henson for Jordan,Rivers. But man Rivers is horrible. Shouldn't even be in the NBA. Junk for Junk trade.

Y'all gettin Dj and a late lotto pic, not too bad. Your giving up Late Lotto Maker in return. It's basically DJ and Rivers for Middleton and Delly (or replace him with some other junk contract). Rivers contract isn't too long like Delly. I'd even take out Rivers if I could, but Clippers should see how Doc does without the son clouding Pa's judgement and rotations. The reason I threw in the first round pick was too sweeten it for the Bucks taking on Rivers contract too.

Edit: Rivers contract expires sooner vs. Delly after next season. Attach an asset and it's more then moveable if you wanna create cap further down the line.

Tg11
12-05-2017, 12:48 PM
I hear the Wizards, Bucks and Raptors are in the conversation as far as DeAndre goes just from outside sources

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-05-2017, 12:56 PM
I really don't see us asking for Rivers to make the trade bigger. If anything maybe Lou? Other wise just Jordan. Cause he makes $22.6M besides a trade kicker. So if its Brogdon then ya have to take two year deal of Telly and Clippers already mentioned Henson. So Brogdon,Telly,Henson. Not so sure we part with Middleton hard to say. Or Dekker since he has local ties to us. But if Clippers tanking.

Hard to see them part with youth in Dekker or Harrell. I don't mind parting with Maker if he's the main piece. Especially if it means we keep Middleton and Brogdon. I don't mind parting with a first round pick either. But the first would have to be probably 2022. Since I think that Suns pick will convey in 2020. Heck we may even need a third team.

Tg11
12-05-2017, 01:00 PM
DeAndre I could even see him on the Phoenix Suns believe it or not

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Curious the offer Cavs,Wizards,Raptors,Wolves cough up? Remember Jordan makes $22.6M and has a trade kicker. I'm sure the low end from the Cavs is Thompson and Shumpert? Maybe Cavs very own first if they get desperate. Wizards willing to part with Oubre? Hard to say. I'm sure they'd have to part with Gortat. Or Gortat flipped to a third team and asset sent to Clippers. Not sure what Raptors offer up. Val as main salary filler and a pick our young pieces? Not sure what Wolves offer up. Dienge and a pick and other fillers?

FlashBolt
12-05-2017, 01:09 PM
Curious the offer Cavs,Wizards,Raptors,Wolves cough up? Remember Jordan makes $22.6M and has a trade kicker. I'm sure the low end from the Cavs is Thompson and Shumpert? Maybe Cavs very own first if they get desperate. Wizards willing to part with Oubre? Hard to say. I'm sure they'd have to part with Gortat. Or Gortat flipped to a third team and asset sent to Clippers. Not sure what Raptors offer up. Val as main salary filler and a pick our young pieces? Not sure what Wolves offer up. Dienge and a pick and other fillers?

Doesn't make sense for Clippers to take TT and Shump when they should go the full rebuilding stage. With West there, it should be expedited assuming Doc stops making stupid recommendations. Best scenario is to trade DJ for some young assets. Consider trading Blake at this point as well. No point in paying someone who is constantly injured when you're rebuilding.

Tg11
12-05-2017, 01:12 PM
Raptors I could see them giving up JV perhaps even Powell, Poetl and draft picks to get DeAndre if that happens

Cavs if they want to build an even bigger super-team what better way than to get DeAndre? You trade Mr. Khloe Kardashian Thompson to the Clippers as well as Shumpert to get DeAndre I think that that is perhaps the best trade offer that the Cavs could throw together

And DeAndre he and LeBron are BFFs so I know DeAndre would want to go to Cleveland especially if it meant winning a title because think about this...IT, LeBron, Love and then DeAndre that is an instant championship right there in the East

Mr.B
12-05-2017, 01:18 PM

I donít think Dallas would do that. I think they will more than likely look to trade Nerlens to a team looking to dump a big contract. The Mavs would want a promising young player or a 1st round pick attached to that salary dump. The problem though is that Nerlens has a no trade clause so he will have to be traded to a team of his choosing. The Knicks with Noahís contract or the Lakers with Dengís contract are two possibilities. The only reason I donít think he would want to go to Cleveland is because of the rumors that Labron might leave after this season.

Tg11
12-05-2017, 01:22 PM
But then if DeAndre were to go to the Lakers who would they give up to get him? Or if DeAndre were to go to the Knicks I know he and Kristaps would make quite the duo

FlashBolt
12-05-2017, 01:35 PM
But then if DeAndre were to go to the Lakers who would they give up to get him? Or if DeAndre were to go to the Knicks I know he and Kristaps would make quite the duo

That Noah signing kills any moves the Knicks could potentially make. It's just such a hard hit on their cap and no team will take a long-term contract involving a player who can't even play anymore.

Tg11
12-05-2017, 01:41 PM
I can't see DeAndre going to the Thunder because if he were they would have to give up a lot to get him that's for sure...but DeAndre if he were to end up on the Thunder with him, Westbrook, Melo and George that would be enough to scream championships but I don't think that that would happen because do they even have enough cap or space to get DeAndre

DeAndre going to the Timberwolves they have enough cap enough space to go after him but if they do that then the T' Wolves could look really good especially with DeAndre

Heediot
12-05-2017, 01:50 PM
DJ's Stock isn't going to be too high IMO. You'll be lucky to get a PG type package.

mightybosstone
12-05-2017, 03:43 PM
It was reported a while back that DJ wanted to play in Houston. As a Rockets fan, I don't really want the guy. He's like a significantly more expensive version of Capela with a huge free throw shooting problem. There are a lot of teams I can see him fitting on, though. If the Cavs could make a decent offer, he would be a huge get for them and a key piece in turning around their defense.

Rivera
12-05-2017, 03:48 PM
Mario Hezonja, Nik Vujicic, Terrance Ross and a heavily protected first that ends up turning into a 2nd for DJ (Magic)

Tg11
12-05-2017, 03:51 PM
Mario Hezonja, Nik Vujicic, Terrance Ross and a heavily protected first that ends up turning into a 2nd for DJ (Magic)

DeAndre to the Magic I can actually see that happening too

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-05-2017, 04:11 PM
Magic does have ex-Bucks-GM John Hammond. He loves to trade.

Jamiecballer
12-05-2017, 11:33 PM
He wouldn't get the ball enough here unless they completely revamped the giannis driven offense

If you want to see what giannis can become you get the guy who allows him to dominate the ball while being an efficient 2 way force without it.Agree 100%

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Tg11
12-07-2017, 12:32 PM
Still frontrunners for DeAndre are the Bucks, T-Wolves, Raptors and Wizards honestly I want to see DeAndre go to the Timberwolves and why? Because think about how scary they would be with him, Towns, Wiggins and Butler not to mention Taj but playing under Thibodeau in that system I say DeAndre he would be that missing piece

KnicksorBust
12-07-2017, 12:38 PM
Hes the rim protector and rebounder cavs need. Would be very hard for GS to beat that.

DJ
Love
Lebron
Smith
IT

plus they already have One of the best benches in basketball. Dang

He's the rim protector and rebounder that the Cavs deserve, but not the one they need right now. So another team will hunt him.

Tg11
12-07-2017, 12:49 PM
DeAndre if he goes to the Cavs I hate to say it but the East would be on lockdown especially if he were to go there with him, LeBron, Love, Smith and IT when he comes back it would just be done if DeAndre were to go to the Cavs

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-07-2017, 12:49 PM
Still frontrunners for DeAndre are the Bucks, T-Wolves, Raptors and Wizards honestly I want to see DeAndre go to the Timberwolves and why? Because think about how scary they would be with him, Towns, Wiggins and Butler not to mention Taj but playing under Thibodeau in that system I say DeAndre he would be that missing piece

Any news what the Wolves be offering?

Tg11
12-07-2017, 12:56 PM
I don't know but they are one of the teams showing interest apparently but I do know that if he goes to the Bucks I can honestly say I can honestly say that they could have potential to dethrone us Celtics and the Cavs I mean considering the nucleus they already have and add DeAndre into that mix it would be scary to say the least I can actually admit that

Giannis94
12-07-2017, 01:05 PM
I'd be open to DJ if he declines to exercise his option. don't want another garry payton or reddick situation

Tg11
12-07-2017, 01:07 PM
Yeah but just think about this for a minute Brogdon, Giannis, Middleton, Parker and Bledsoe add to that DeAndre Jordan

Tg11
12-07-2017, 01:25 PM
Okay but if DeAndre Jordan were to go to the Raptors if they were to keep JV then you have DeAndre as your PF and JV as your C you would have 2 rim protectors right? But then again with Jordan you have that defensive presence but would that be enough for the Raptors to make noise? I don't know about that especially if the Raptors are said to be one of the other teams who have interest

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-07-2017, 01:27 PM
Yeah but just think about this for a minute Brogdon, Giannis, Middleton, Parker and Bledsoe add to that DeAndre Jordan

Clippers wanted Brogdon or Middleton with Henson. Or possibly all three aiming high in the early talks.

Tg11
12-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Clippers wanted Brogdon or Middleton with Henson. Or possibly all three aiming high in the early talks.

If I were the Clippers and want to rebuild I would rebuild the franchise around Brogdon, Middleton and Henson and in return you guys get Jordan how awesome is that

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-07-2017, 02:15 PM
If I were the Clippers and want to rebuild I would rebuild the franchise around Brogdon, Middleton and Henson and in return you guys get Jordan how awesome is that

I'd pass on trading both Brogdon and Middleton. Aim lower then for Dedmon, Noel, O'Quinn, Ajinca, Withey, Chandler, Okafor, Bogut. No way Clippers get both Middleton and Brogdon. Bucks lose three point threats then. Bucks already got Bledsoe for way less. Suns wanted Brogdon or Maker or a bunch of picks. They got expiring Moose and a very protected first that most likely conveys in 2020 at the earliest.

Then Bucks can tell Clippers good luck and listen to the Cavs,Wizards,Wolves,Raptor offers. Personally i'd hate to even part with Brogdon. I'd prefer Maker and a late first like in 2022 and junk salary fillers. But i'm sure we will part with Brogdon and Henson for sure. Then Clippers decide on the last junk piece.

Telly is a 2 year deal. One more after this year. Delly 3 year deal and two more left after this season. Henson 3 year deal with two more left after this season and his salary decreases each season in price.

Tg11
12-07-2017, 02:21 PM
Which is why T-Wolves, Raptors and Wizards make the most sense