PDA

View Full Version : Hornets thread

ewing
11-24-2017, 09:52 PM
What do people about this team? They have a lot of guys I liked in college. I really don't get to see them but I think they have interesting roaster. Any insight?

ewing
11-24-2017, 11:25 PM
i feel like this team could be pretty good or fall off the cliff. I've always thought MKG could be a Avery Bradly type difference maker if he can put the ball in the hole at all and be healthy.

Vee-Rex
11-25-2017, 10:44 AM
They're an average team. The kind that is capable of beating tough teams or at least giving them hard games, but also the kind that can lose against weaker opponents.

D-12 is having a solid year. Obviously nowhere near his prime but he's playing good defense and soaking up space in the paint.

Kemba is having a pretty good year, but it's not much different than last year. Borderline all-star. You'd hope he would take the next step but he hasn't.

Lots of high hopes for Frank Kaminsky. Hornets fans expected him to take the next step, and he started off the year playing great but has sorta regressed in that time. Still hasn't really catapulted above that first wall but he still has a lot of potential.

MKG is kinda the same. 6 years in and he hasn't taken that next step. Still a strong defender but his offense is lacking. Needs to establish a jump shot and better handles. And find a way to remain healthy.

It's a lot of guys who have potential but hasn't pushed forward yet, and that's why Charlotte is only average. 38-42 win team.

Edit: Oh yeah, Steve Clifford hasn't really shown anything remarkable. Extremely inflexible coach that hardly ever staggers his lineups - run 5 starters, run 4-5 bench players. Doesn't mix-n-match players often. I've seen a ton of Hornets fans (on the big site) complain about this.

Hornets need a talented coach to help the players reach the next level.

smith&wesson
11-25-2017, 01:32 PM
They're an average team. The kind that is capable of beating tough teams or at least giving them hard games, but also the kind that can lose against weaker opponents.

D-12 is having a solid year. Obviously nowhere near his prime but he's playing good defense and soaking up space in the paint.

Kemba is having a pretty good year, but it's not much different than last year. Borderline all-star. You'd hope he would take the next step but he hasn't.

Lots of high hopes for Frank Kaminsky. Hornets fans expected him to take the next step, and he started off the year playing great but has sorta regressed in that time. Still hasn't really catapulted above that first wall but he still has a lot of potential.

MKG is kinda the same. 6 years in and he hasn't taken that next step. Still a strong defender but his offense is lacking. Needs to establish a jump shot and better handles. And find a way to remain healthy.

It's a lot of guys who have potential but hasn't pushed forward yet, and that's why Charlotte is only average. 38-42 win team.

Edit: Oh yeah, Steve Clifford hasn't really shown anything remarkable. Extremely inflexible coach that hardly ever staggers his lineups - run 5 starters, run 4-5 bench players. Doesn't mix-n-match players often. I've seen a ton of Hornets fans (on the big site) complain about this.

Hornets need a talented coach to help the players reach the next level.

When you make the all star game you're an all star.. not borderline lol

smith&wesson
11-25-2017, 01:33 PM
The Batum injuries have held them back this year. But if they were healthy they would likely be a 4-5 seed in the east

hugepatsfan
11-25-2017, 03:42 PM
i feel like this team could be pretty good or fall off the cliff. I've always thought MKG could be a Avery Bradly type difference maker if he can put the ball in the hole at all and be healthy.

He doesn't have the outside shot of Bradley.

Bradley came into the NBA with the reputation of being a bad shooter since he was bad at it in college. But Ainge made the point when talking about Jaylen Brown that one year of college isn't necessarily the best indicator. He talked about how Brown, like Avery Bradley before him, was a good shooter in HS and because of that they didn't overreact to a bad year in college.

Bradley came to the NBA and barely played his rookie year. Then in year 2 he became a rotation player and shot 41% from 3s, albeit on less than 1 attempt per game. Then he got hurt in the playoffs and had surgery on both shoulders so he had a bad year the next year (31% - still not terrible considering. But in the 4 full seasons since then he's never shot under 35% and is having another good shooting year this year.

So my point is that Avery Bradley being a bad outside shooter was always a made-up narrative. Never actually applied to him. He got stuck with it from the one year of college that was an outlier. With MKG, the narrative is legit. He's a flat out bad outside shooter and there have never been any signs that he can fix it to this point. I think his comparison would be Tony Allen more so than Avery Bradley.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-25-2017, 04:40 PM
Hard team to evaluate since they always got guys injured like Batum or MKG or Zeller.