PDA

View Full Version : PSD NBA All-Time Player Power Rankings: #20

mrblisterdundee
11-24-2017, 01:51 PM
Last round was a wild one. Karl Malone won a three-way tie-breaker with Dirk Nowitzki and Dwyane Wade. This round, I added Bob Cousy, ranked 39th by ESPN's #NBArank (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/nbarank160129/all-nbarank-36-40). Voting lasts two days.

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Lebron James
4. Wilt Chamberlain
5. Tim Duncan
6. Shaquille O'Neal
7. Magic Johnson
8. Larry Bird
9. Hakeem Olajuwon
10. Bill Russell
11. Kobe Bryant
12. Moses Malone
13. Jerry West
14. Oscar Robertson
15. David Robinson
16. Kevin Garnett
17. Charles Barkley
18. Julius Erving
19. Karl Malone

GREATNESS ONE
11-24-2017, 02:09 PM
Dirk? Wade? Curry?

JAZZNC
11-24-2017, 02:41 PM
Gonna go Dirk here.

Giannis94
11-24-2017, 02:50 PM
Isiah Thomas. which one?

WaDe03
11-24-2017, 02:56 PM
Isiah Thomas. which one?

The one that's spelled Isiah and obviously the only one that would be on the list.

KnicksorBust
11-24-2017, 03:05 PM
Accolades = out of 10 (MVPs, All-NBA teams, etc.)
Offensive Ability = out of 10
Defensive Ability = out of 8
Team Success = out of 8 (Postseason production included here)
Peak Production = out of 5
Longevity = out of 5
Era = out of 4

It adds up to 50 to keep it clean.

Dwyane Wade = 8+9+7+8+4+4+4 = 44
Dirk Nowitzki = 9+9+3+8+4+5+4 = 42

Wade's impact defensively makes the difference for me here.

europagnpilgrim
11-24-2017, 03:14 PM
Iverson at 20 and that's low for him

and Wilt is way too low at number 4, what utter disrespect by these media brainwash outlets

no way in the world West or Bird getting drafted ahead of Iverson, Shaq is over Duncan, Iverson is top 10 as explained by Shaq/Daly and others, Kobe said he was the 2nd toughest to guard after Jordan, remember this Iverson guy is under 6ft tall, Lebron said Iverson is pound for pound GOAT,which is saying in code that he is the best player ever so there is no way the best pound for pound player should be outside the top 15 and worst

its like when most say Sugar Ray is the best(greatest) boxer pound for pound and when you make a all time boxing list SR is not outside the top 10 and is in most top 3-5 best ever, well that is how I look at Iverson on the hardwood, appreciate the quote from Lebron, especially since he has such a high bball IQ/impact and is on some people MtRushmore so he would have to know what he is talking about

Iverson is the GOAT pound for pound, easily one of the best 20 players/talents ever

WaDe03
11-24-2017, 03:17 PM

and Wilt is way too low at number 4, what utter disrespect by these media brainwash outlets

Huh? Iverson isn't even in the discussion yet.

europagnpilgrim
11-24-2017, 03:22 PM
Huh? Iverson isn't even in the discussion yet.

I know right, its utter disrespect for him and Wilt being at 4, the most dominant force ever is no lower than 2

I bet Wade would repeat what I am saying since he wears the same number because of Iverson and he played similar styles, Wade was just a bigger version of Iverson minus the 3pt shot,Iverson was a much natural better shooter

KnicksorBust
11-24-2017, 03:24 PM

no way in the world West or Bird getting drafted ahead of Iverson, Shaq is over Duncan, Iverson is top 10 as explained by Shaq/Daly and others, Kobe said he was the 2nd toughest to guard after Jordan, remember this Iverson guy is under 6ft tall, Lebron said Iverson is pound for pound GOAT,which is saying in code that he is the best player ever so there is no way the best pound for pound player should be outside the top 15 and worst

its like when most say Sugar Ray is the best(greatest) boxer pound for pound and when you make a all time boxing list SR is not outside the top 10 and is in most top 3-5 best ever, well that is how I look at Iverson on the hardwood, appreciate the quote from Lebron, especially since he has such a high bball IQ/impact and is on some people MtRushmore so he would have to know what he is talking about

Iverson is the GOAT pound for pound, easily one of the best 20 players/talents ever

So if two players had basically the same career you would rank the shorter one higher?

WaDe03
11-24-2017, 03:39 PM
I know right, its utter disrespect for him and Wilt being at 4, the most dominant force ever is no lower than 2

I bet Wade would repeat what I am saying since he wears the same number because of Iverson and he played similar styles, Wade was just a bigger version of Iverson minus the 3pt shot,Iverson was a much natural better shooter

Wade is a far better player than Iverson.

Giannis94
11-24-2017, 04:18 PM
Wade is an option but Giannis isn't? wow.

mrblisterdundee
11-24-2017, 04:26 PM
Wade is an option but Giannis isn't? wow.
Oh, sure; rub it in for WaDe03.
:laugh:

YAALREADYKNO
11-25-2017, 12:07 AM
Dirk

mightybosstone
11-25-2017, 10:26 AM
Dirk. He should have won it over Malone. Voters clearly valued regular season production and longevity over postseason resume, which I don't really agree with. But to each his own.

KnicksorBust
11-25-2017, 02:29 PM
Dirk. He should have won it over Malone. Voters clearly valued regular season production and longevity over postseason resume, which I don't really agree with. But to each his own.

Wade so much better defensively...

valade16
11-25-2017, 03:59 PM

TNT did an all-time fantasy draft in 2011 and Charles Barkley picked Allen Iverson first overall and was laughed out of the room:

https://youtu.be/QHbdbj4TRfw

(Skip to 5:50)

Iverson is nowhere near this high.

KnicksorBust
11-25-2017, 04:13 PM

TNT did an all-time fantasy draft in 2011 and Charles Barkley picked Allen Iverson first overall and was laughed out of the room:

Where u fall on the wade vs dirk debate?

FlashBolt
11-25-2017, 05:17 PM

I think Barkley chose him thinking that it was an All-Star game they were drafting for.

valade16
11-25-2017, 08:14 PM
Where u fall on the wade vs dirk debate?

I think Wade was the better player at their peak but itís tough to balance what we use to judge on this list. I mean, if itís basically best at their peak, shouldnít Curry be ahead of the last 6 people or so?

KnicksorBust
11-26-2017, 07:57 AM
null

That's not how I am ranking them. Peak play is just a part of a bigger picture. Curry doesn't have the longevity yet.

KnicksorBust
11-26-2017, 08:00 AM
Accolades = out of 10 (MVPs, All-NBA teams, etc.)
Offensive Ability = out of 10
Defensive Ability = out of 8
Team Success = out of 8 (Postseason production included here)
Peak Production = out of 5
Longevity = out of 5
Era = out of 4

It adds up to 50 to keep it clean.

Dwyane Wade = 8+9+7+8+4+4+4 = 44
Dirk Nowitzki = 9+9+3+8+4+5+4 = 42

Curry = 9+10+5+7+5+2+4= 42

mrblisterdundee
11-26-2017, 03:30 PM

Malone doesn't have the postseason accolades of Wade or Dirk, but he had the toughest competition. Those finals in 1997 and '98 were a tougher test than anything Dirk or Wade ever faced. He nearly made a third finals in 1996 after a tooth-and-nail battle with the Payton-Kemp Supersonics. He beat one of the first supposed super teams of Olajuwon, Drexler and Barkley. And he was doing all this in his early to mid-30s.

mightybosstone
11-26-2017, 03:36 PM
Malone doesn't have the postseason accolades of Wade or Dirk, but he had the toughest competition. Those finals in 1997 and '98 were a tougher test than anything Dirk or Wade ever faced. He nearly made a third finals in 1996 after a tooth-and-nail battle with the Payton-Kemp Supersonics. He beat one of the first supposed super teams of Olajuwon, Drexler and Barkley. And he was doing all this in his early to mid-30s.

That Rockets team was good, but it was hardly the super team you're making it out to be. Drexler was way past his prime and both Barkley and Hakeem were at the tail end of theirs. You can't just judge the competition, though. Malone's postseason numbers are a HUGE dropoff from his regular season production. Meanwhile you could argue that Dirk's playoff production has actually been better than his regular season production, which is rare for superstars. Factor in Dirk's title and that historic run in 2011, and it's a massive advantage that voters clearly didn't pay any attention to.

Chronz
11-26-2017, 04:00 PM
That Rockets team was good, but it was hardly the super team you're making it out to be. Drexler was way past his prime and both Barkley and Hakeem were at the tail end of theirs. You can't just judge the competition, though. Malone's postseason numbers are a HUGE dropoff from his regular season production. Meanwhile you could argue that Dirk's playoff production has actually been better than his regular season production, which is rare for superstars. Factor in Dirk's title and that historic run in 2011, and it's a massive advantage that voters clearly didn't pay any attention to.

Given health, that team was on a level of a few champs or finalists imo. Dream was on a similar level to Dirk for instance

mrblisterdundee
11-27-2017, 12:19 AM

Dirk's better offensively than Malone, easily. But he's not as good of an all-around player, and never faced a team as good as Jordan's Bulls. If he had, he wouldn't have won either. As it stands, he and Malone both made two finals.
Malone averaged nearly 25 points, 11 rebounds and 2 stocks in the playoffs. I don't see how he why so many people think he sucked in the postseason. He played very well in both the finals and took Jordan's Bulls to six games two years in a row. Malone was also on the All-NBA and All-NBA Defensive 1st teams three years in a row during that time.

KnicksorBust
11-27-2017, 07:05 AM

Dirk's better offensively than Malone, easily. But he's not as good of an all-around player, and never faced a team as good as Jordan's Bulls. If he had, he wouldn't have won either. As it stands, he and Malone both made two finals.
Malone averaged nearly 25 points, 11 rebounds and 2 stocks in the playoffs. I don't see how he why so many people think he sucked in the postseason. He played very well in both the finals and took Jordan's Bulls to six games two years in a row. Malone was also on the All-NBA and All-NBA Defensive 1st teams three years in a row during that time.

"Stocks"... nice.