PDA

View Full Version : What;s up with the Clippers?

ewing
11-21-2017, 01:21 AM
They are terrible right now?

Saddletramp
11-21-2017, 02:28 AM
I guess Patrick Beverley is their real mvp.

LOb0
11-21-2017, 03:20 AM
They suck is the problem. Not sure why anyone thought they'd be good. They lost Chris ****ing Paul.

Lakers + Giants
11-21-2017, 04:27 AM
Why are we talking about the lesser of the LA teams?

Raidaz4Life
11-21-2017, 04:54 AM
Doc Rivers is an awful coach

Heediot
11-21-2017, 05:15 AM
Blake Griffin is not the same player as before all the injuries. He had a very nice start to the season, but his shooting has drop a tonne since.

Clippers miss Paul and the injury to Milos has shown to be evident to their lack of play-makers.

YAALREADYKNO
11-21-2017, 07:43 AM
I got two words for you, Chris Paul is now a Houston a rocket (Charles Barkley voice)

Sixers3Fan
11-21-2017, 07:57 AM
Yea like some said already Chris Paul leaving is a big deal

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

warfelg
11-21-2017, 08:44 AM
Doc Rivers really mismanaged stuff when he was in charge and it's going to take some time to unload some of the bad contracts and reform around them.

D-Leethal
11-21-2017, 09:33 AM
Where you at Chronz? Back to being a Laker fan?

IndyRealist
11-21-2017, 09:36 AM
I guess Patrick Beverley is their real mvp.
1) the difference between Beverly (an underrated performer) and Rivers (who shouldn't be in the league) in enormous.

2) Blake regressed to the mean.

3) overlap. They have 3 really good centers and not enough minutes for them. Conversely, they don't have enough good wing players to compensate for losing Beverly.

Scoots
11-21-2017, 10:35 AM
CP3 is overrated at this point. CP3 was making up for how bad a coach Doc is.

ewing
11-21-2017, 10:35 AM
Yea like some said already Chris Paul leaving is a big deal

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

They have lost 10 of 11. Of course bev is not Paul but I donít think anyone thought they would be his bad even with gallo hurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREATNESS ONE
11-21-2017, 10:37 AM
Where you at Chronz? Back to being a Laker fan?

In the 10+ years, I have been on here iíve Never seen Chronz in the Lakers forum or say he was a Lakers fan.

GREATNESS ONE
11-21-2017, 10:38 AM
Clippers are the Clippers, they should move em to Seattle and change their name to the SuperSonics.

Young$avage
11-21-2017, 10:38 AM
Doc can't coach. He'll force his way into a winning situation soon enough.

GiantsSwaGG
11-21-2017, 12:40 PM
Austin Rivers is absolute trash. The fact that his own father canít see that is sad

IndyRealist
11-21-2017, 12:44 PM
Austin Rivers is absolute trash. The fact that his own father canít see that is sad

Not onky did he trade for his son, but gave him a relatively huge contract when he should be in the G league. Nepotism is a b****

LaVar Ball
11-21-2017, 12:48 PM
The Donald Sterling Curse is back.

Sad that Jerry West actually made the squad worse.

tp13baby
11-21-2017, 02:52 PM

What did you want him to do with Paul forcing his way out?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-21-2017, 03:35 PM
Even if Jordan ends up on the trade block and takes a extension after the trade. I bet he will regress pretty fast here on out. He probably wants $35M per as well. Then regressing. That new contract could be pretty ugly for a glorified rebounder.

LeonFSU
11-21-2017, 03:45 PM
Gallinari and Teodosic have missed a lot of time. Beverly was out several games recently. Those are their best perimeter players plus Lou Will. Not a lot of depth behind them.

SfgiantsJD3
11-21-2017, 04:04 PM
I got two words for you, Chris Paul is now a Houston a rocket (Charles Barkley voice)

more like 2^3 words

smith&wesson
11-21-2017, 04:09 PM
To be fair they do have key injuries to Gallinari, Beverly, and Milos.

Beverly is a huge defensive presence on the perimeter and Gallo is a big chunk of the starters offense. Milos provides play making which is something they lack since losing Paul.

All three players are pretty important to the success of that team.

Scoots
11-21-2017, 05:03 PM

For an estimates $20M too :)

Scoots
11-21-2017, 05:04 PM
It's sad but Gallinari being hurt is exactly why his value was down. He's underrated as a player, but he just can't stay on the floor.

ewing
11-21-2017, 05:46 PM

I think this has to create problems on the team.

FlashBolt
11-21-2017, 05:49 PM
This team was long overdue for a coaching change... but Balmer has no idea how to lead anything. Even in MSFT, he was just average. Dude is lucky he rode Bill Gate's jocks or else he would have been just a millionaire. Doc Rivers is overrated. Players like him but his coaching ability time after time has been proven to be ineffective. And Blake+DJ seem more interested gangbanging a female than anything

Saddletramp
11-21-2017, 06:39 PM

Yeah, it's only been 5 months. He joined the Warriors in 2011 and I don't remember them winning titles and trophies their first year. Let's hit the brakes a bit on that.

PurpleLynch
11-21-2017, 07:22 PM
It's sad but Gallinari being hurt is exactly why his value was down. He's underrated as a player, but he just can't stay on the floor.

I agree, he is really at his peak in this moment as a bball player, but health is always a concern for him and that's why he won't be able to be the star he should have been imo.

Vee-Rex
11-22-2017, 01:44 PM
Patrick Beverley with some strong comments regarding his teammates.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la-sp-clippers-knicks-20171120-story.html

Here's just part of what he said:

ďWe too cool. We too cool. We come in this game, we come on the court like people are supposed to back down because of the name on the back of our jerseys and thatís not the case. The only thing people are looking at is the name on the front of our jersey, and thatís nine losses in a row. They donít give a ... about what youíve done in the past or your stats or anything. Teams out here are trying to beat our ... and they are beating our ... .Ē

Sounds like Beverley is calling out the best player on the Clippers... Austin Rivers. :laugh2:

kdspurman
11-22-2017, 01:56 PM

:laugh2:

JasonJohnHorn
11-22-2017, 02:34 PM
Why to the Clippers su...CHRIS PAUL.

It's a shame people can go forward in time to see how $#!tty a team is going to be when the lose their MVP before they vote for MVP while that guy is still with the team.

Chronz
11-22-2017, 05:07 PM
Like many have said, injuries hit hard off the bat so we're forced to rely on rooks. We're closer to .500 than this and we would be even better if we had the kind of coach who didn't play his son over a guy who was in the running for the ducking 6moy award. Tho tbf, he was showing enough restraint before our only pgs got hurt.

He knows Austin ain't a PG but he can't help himself and we have no other option I guess.

DJ just doesn't have the same energy and I really wish we looked for him more. Blake has sucked but he's fine partying with Kendall to the late hours of the night/morning. The spacing was always cramped for him but we had enough playmakers and high iq guys to field an elite offense. We lost our best shooter and our highest iq guy.

I hope the losses mount high enough to tank the year. I'd rather use this year to rebuild before we lose our picks and can't rebuild properly.

Gotta say tho, Blake used to stand out to me because he didn't need guards creating for him as much as most but this has gone too far. Our best player is being too much of a spacer and nobody can create.

FlashBolt
11-22-2017, 05:45 PM
Like many have said, injuries hit hard off the bat so we're forced to rely on rooks. We're closer to .500 than this and we would be even better if we had the kind of coach who didn't play his son over a guy who was in the running for the ducking 6moy award. Tho tbf, he was showing enough restraint before our only pgs got hurt.

He knows Austin ain't a PG but he can't help himself and we have no other option I guess.

DJ just doesn't have the same energy and I really wish we looked for him more. Blake has sucked but he's fine partying with Kendall to the late hours of the night/morning. The spacing was always cramped for him but we had enough playmakers and high iq guys to field an elite offense. We lost our best shooter and our highest iq guy.

I hope the losses mount high enough to tank the year. I'd rather use this year to rebuild before we lose our picks and can't rebuild properly.

Gotta say tho, Blake used to stand out to me because he didn't need guards creating for him as much as most but this has gone too far. Our best player is being too much of a spacer and nobody can create.

Blake doesn't come across to me as someone who wants to win. I think he's just doing it for the money and fame at this point. He's becoming like the Dwight of the NBA.. so much talent but never truly growing at all. It's why I have a problem with some of these guys trying to pump 2nd year pros because they are putting up huge numbers. You'll rarely hear about Blake Griffin's rookie season now but back then, people were raving about his potential. Years later and it's literally the same Blake Griffin but better playmaking abilities. I'm afraid we're probably going to see that with KAT and a few others where they just hit their peak and the growth slows down bigtime. What would you guys take for DJ, though? His name is apparently up for trade discussions. We have nothing to offer you guys at all (unless you're dumb enough to take Steven Adams) but Cavs? Knicks could probably use you guys.

FOXHOUND
11-22-2017, 05:52 PM
They popped their cork when they started 5-2 + injuries.

KnickNyKnick
11-22-2017, 06:53 PM
Clippers are tanking for a PG

ewing
11-23-2017, 01:01 AM
Bervely is out for the year. This could a disaster

Chronz
11-23-2017, 03:00 AM
Bervely is out for the year. This could a disaster

Blessing in disguise if we listen to hinkie

Heediot
11-23-2017, 10:56 AM
If Clippers want to tank, they have to fire Doc. He is playing for his job so he's going to try his hardest to win.

Get rid of DJ, like someone else said his next contract will be an albatross.

ewing
11-23-2017, 12:34 PM
Blessing in disguise if we listen to hinkie

congrats I guess

LaVar Ball
11-23-2017, 07:05 PM
Blake Griffin is the problem.