PDA

View Full Version : Who is Boston's Most Valuable Person?

JasonJohnHorn
11-21-2017, 12:10 AM
Kyrie has stepped up his D and is leading the team in scoring.
Horford is looking like the best defensive anchor in the league, and his all around game is as good as ever.
Brad Stevens lost four of hi key rotation players and one of their replacements, All-Star GH, is sidelines for the season, yet his plays/rotations are smoother than $#!t out of a duck's @$$.
Rookie Jayson Tatum is dropping 3's like he's the greatest shooter in the history of the league (smal sample, yes, I know) and is providing great D and solid rebounding.
Jaylen Brown is second on the team in points and boards.

I think this is one of those cases where you can't really pick a MVP because everybody is so important right now.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
11-21-2017, 12:32 AM
Brad. Been saying he's a top 3 head coach the last few years and he's never finished top 3 in CoY voting, smh.

LOb0
11-21-2017, 12:36 AM
Just want to say I'm glad we signed Horford to all the haters of his. He's well worth the money.

homie564
11-21-2017, 12:48 AM
Kyrie has been the on court leader... but Stevens has turned Kyrie into a solid defensive player and maybe a top 10(ish) player in the league with the way heís played. Itís pretty much one of them... but the whole team has really been incredible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smith&wesson
11-21-2017, 12:52 AM
Irie Kyrie

Bostonjorge
11-21-2017, 12:53 AM
Irving is also closing games like a assassin.

More-Than-Most
11-21-2017, 12:54 AM
None... They are all a valuable cog... Brown might have the most upside of everyone on this team because of his 2 way play.... that is insane to think about.

Storch
11-21-2017, 01:20 AM
Danny ainge

Chronz
11-21-2017, 02:40 AM
Horford for sure but kyrie has been insanely clutch

Heediot
11-21-2017, 05:17 AM
Brad Stevens.

Horford has an argument if he shows up and doesn't get man-handled in the playoffs.

Kyrie has a good of an argument as the other two.

YAALREADYKNO
11-21-2017, 07:26 AM
Brad Stevens. 2-0 without Kyrie this year including a win against Toronto and when Kyrie goes out against golden state they go on a 19-0 run to come back down from 17 to take the lead.

hugepatsfan
11-21-2017, 07:30 AM
Brad Stevens easily. Kyrie and Horford are great, all star players but neither is elite.

PAOboston
11-21-2017, 08:13 AM
Kyrie- best player

Horford- most valuable

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

IndyRealist
11-21-2017, 08:42 AM
Horford, easily.

warfelg
11-21-2017, 09:04 AM
Iím going a bit to left field here:

Marcus Smart. When I think of their defense and toughness I see him as the tone setter.

hugepatsfan
11-21-2017, 09:12 AM

Marcus Smart. When I think of their defense and toughness I see him as the tone setter.

He's a big part of the team's identity. And as ****ing terrible as his offensive numbers are good things happen when he's on the floor.

I think it's a stretch to say he's more important than Stevens, Kyrie or Horford though.

homie564
11-21-2017, 09:24 AM
Brad Stevens easily. Kyrie and Horford are great, all star players but neither is elite.

See if all I saw was last years Kyrie I would agree... Kyrie is an elite player in the league top 15 at worst

JasonJohnHorn
11-21-2017, 09:56 AM

I was going to put him up because I've a lot of people say they are better with him on the court, but those percentages? YIKES!!! I just can't wrap my head around that.

But you may have a point. Certainly worth including in the conversation.

hugepatsfan
11-21-2017, 10:01 AM
I was going to put him up because I've a lot of people say they are better with him on the court, but those percentages? YIKES!!! I just can't wrap my head around that.

But you may have a point. Certainly worth including in the conversation.

The thing about his percentages is that I feel like he misses a lot of shots that don't really hurt you. He takes 10 a game and i feel like at least half of them are half court heaves, flailing offensive rebound put back attempts or end of shot clock shots when plays break down. So I feel like a lot of his misses are on shots that don't really hurt your offensive flow.

JasonJohnHorn
11-21-2017, 10:12 AM
See if all I saw was last years Kyrie I would agree... Kyrie is an elite player in the league top 15 at worst

Well... there's little doubt that Kyrie's defense is much better. If that's because of Steven: kudos. He deserves credit. If it's because Kyrie simply wasn't trying in the past, well... that is a knock on Kyrie. I'm inclined to think it is the former. I don't think the coaching staff in Cleveland is terribly good a defense for all the talk Lue does about defensive sets.

Other than D, I don't feel like he's changed much as a player. Skilled on offense, yes. One of the most skilled. However, all his talk of 'wanting to be a play maker' and 'not do iso'. It seems like that is still what he does best. His percentages are down slightly, and his assist numbers aren't any better. But he's fitting in with the team, he's working hard on D, and at the end of the day, the team is winning, and this is a team sport, so that's what counts.

Scoots
11-21-2017, 10:36 AM
All of them. They have had everybody step up and play some of the best ball they've ever played, and played at that level for an extended time. Confidence is a big deal and no team has more right now.

mightybosstone
11-21-2017, 11:18 AM
Danny ainge

I came in here to say this. Ainge definitely should have been on the poll, as he's the guy who orchestrated the makeup of this team in the first place. He chose to implode that KG, Pierce, Allen squad at the perfect moment, and the franchise has been reaping the benefits ever since.

WaDe03
11-21-2017, 11:43 AM
Out of the players it's Kyrie, chill with the Horford ****. It's clear as day Kyrie.

TO Rapz
11-21-2017, 12:44 PM
Billy King

LaVar Ball
11-21-2017, 12:49 PM
Danny Ainge

mrblisterdundee
11-21-2017, 12:52 PM
Danny ainge

Yeah; don't quite get why he's not an option, or at least part of the whole "all of the above" option.

hugepatsfan
11-21-2017, 12:52 PM
Well... there's little doubt that Kyrie's defense is much better. If that's because of Steven: kudos. He deserves credit. If it's because Kyrie simply wasn't trying in the past, well... that is a knock on Kyrie. I'm inclined to think it is the former. I don't think the coaching staff in Cleveland is terribly good a defense for all the talk Lue does about defensive sets.

Other than D, I don't feel like he's changed much as a player. Skilled on offense, yes. One of the most skilled. However, all his talk of 'wanting to be a play maker' and 'not do iso'. It seems like that is still what he does best. His percentages are down slightly, and his assist numbers aren't any better. But he's fitting in with the team, he's working hard on D, and at the end of the day, the team is winning, and this is a team sport, so that's what counts.

BOS hides Kyrie on D a lot. I wouldn't look at his metrics and think he's been lockdown or anything. But he's giving effort to the point that in that reduced role he can be great.

Green_Monster
11-21-2017, 06:45 PM
I came in here to say this. Ainge definitely should have been on the poll, as he's the guy who orchestrated the makeup of this team in the first place. He chose to implode that KG, Pierce, Allen squad at the perfect moment, and the franchise has been reaping the benefits ever since.

He got so much hate this off-season too for ďwaiting too longĒ by not getting Butler/George. Man, he was pretty much spot on with every move.

mightybosstone
11-21-2017, 07:06 PM
He got so much hate this off-season too for ďwaiting too longĒ by not getting Butler/George. Man, he was pretty much spot on with every move.

To be fair, it did look like he waited too long. And at that point, the criticism seemed warranted as it looked like he had struck out on every legitimate trade target in the league. The Kyrie thing kinda came out of nowhere, but to Ainge's credit, he was in perfect position to pounce on Kyrie as soon as he was available.

In the end, it actually probably benefitted Boston. They already had plenty of lengthy athletic wings, and Tatum seems like he could end up being the best player in the draft. They needed a scorer and creator like Kyrie to bring it all together. If you flipped these scenarios and Boston had ended up with Ball/Fultz and George/Butler instead of Tatum and Kyrie, I don't think they'd be remotely as good.

Green_Monster
11-21-2017, 07:21 PM
To be fair, it did look like he waited too long. And at that point, the criticism seemed warranted as it looked like he had struck out on every legitimate trade target in the league. The Kyrie thing kinda came out of nowhere, but to Ainge's credit, he was in perfect position to pounce on Kyrie as soon as he was available.

In the end, it actually probably benefitted Boston. They already had plenty of lengthy athletic wings, and Tatum seems like he could end up being the best player in the draft. They needed a scorer and creator like Kyrie to bring it all together. If you flipped these scenarios and Boston had ended up with Ball/Fultz and George/Butler instead of Tatum and Kyrie, I don't think they'd be remotely as good.

Yeah, thatís what I mean. A lot of people said they shouldíve sold out for an IT-Butler/George-Horford core. Being patient was key, as Brown+Tatum look great. Ainge is a genius.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
11-21-2017, 07:27 PM
Out of the players it's Kyrie, chill with the Horford ****. It's clear as day Kyrie.

#whenyourtakesdontagewell

WaDe03
11-21-2017, 11:42 PM
#whenyourtakesdontagewell

Huh? Kyrie is easily the best player. It didn't age well because of his clutch 47 point performance?

R. Johnson#3
11-22-2017, 12:19 AM
It's crazy that Gordon Hayward is on this team too.

Chronz
11-22-2017, 01:03 AM
Huh? Kyrie is easily the best player. It didn't age well because of his clutch 47 point performance?

Not convinced

goingfor28
11-22-2017, 02:09 AM
Horford. He had a historic postseason last year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Chronz
11-22-2017, 07:30 AM
Horford. He had a historic postseason last year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

What was historic about it again. I forgot the meme

homie564
11-22-2017, 08:50 AM
Idk if people are really bagging on Horford or if itís just a joke, but he has definitely played like a max player this year (I personally believe itís because of what Kyrie has brought to the team. They mesh very well)... but thereís no way heís been more valuable than Kyrie... might not be more valuable than Brown tbh

ewing
11-22-2017, 09:58 AM
Idk if people are really bagging on Horford or if itís just a joke, but he has definitely played like a max player this year (I personally believe itís because of what Kyrie has brought to the team. They mesh very well)... but thereís no way heís been more valuable than Kyrie... might not be more valuable than Brown tbh

A lot people have a basis against Ivring bc they are LeBron dick riders. They happen to be the same people that underrated Al when he was on the hawks and bashed the Celtics signing when they brought in Al. Now are going to overrate him bc itís convenient

TO Rapz
11-22-2017, 10:23 AM
Irving is stupidly good, gets underrated around here.

WaDe03
11-22-2017, 10:25 AM

Ok.....but whats his VORP?!

Chronz
11-22-2017, 10:57 AM

Same could be said about horford

Green_Monster
11-22-2017, 11:37 AM
What was historic about it again. I forgot the meme

His TS% was historic through the first two series. Literally historic.

The poster you responded to and the new Cavs fan just couldnít take the fact that they were wrong so they joke about it now. Kind of entertaining.

Thatís why Wade Bulls/Cavs fan poster got responded to with #whenyourtakesdontagewell.

WaDe03
11-22-2017, 11:42 AM
Y'all aren't going to be hyping up Horford when TT bullies the **** out of him in the ECF again.

ewing
11-22-2017, 12:29 PM
His TS% was historic through the first two series. Literally historic.

The poster you responded to and the new Cavs fan just couldnít take the fact that they were wrong so they joke about it now. Kind of entertaining.

Thatís why Wade Bulls/Cavs fan poster got responded to with #whenyourtakesdontagewell.

If having a super high ts% through 2 rounds was historically youíd be right. It isnít and that why people poke fun at it.

Green_Monster
11-22-2017, 12:42 PM
If having a super high ts% through 2 rounds was historically youíd be right. It isnít and that why people poke fun at it.

What...

It was literally a historic TS% through two series. How long something lasts doesnít necessarily effect if itís historical. If Kyrie scores 200 points over the next three game is that not historic because itís only three games? Bruh. :laugh2: This is low, even for PSD.

homie564
11-22-2017, 01:30 PM
Y'all aren't going to be hyping up Horford when TT bullies the **** out of him in the ECF again.

Horford is a different player than he was last year. Kind of seems like you havenít watched him this year. TT isnít good enough to wipe Horfordís ball sweat right now. If you want a Cavs analogy Horford has been basically a more efficient Kevin Love who plays elite defense this year. Might be getting a little overrated in this run, but heís been great. Kyrie is still better and is the reason Horford is better.. no doubt about it.

ewing
11-22-2017, 01:50 PM
What...

It was literally a historic TS% through two series. How long something lasts doesnít necessarily effect if itís historical. If Kyrie scores 200 points over the next three game is that not historic because itís only three games? Bruh. :laugh2: This is low, even for PSD.

It not historically if no one cares. If you were writing a history of the nba would you inckude alís ts% during the first two rounds of the 2016 nba playoffs? Donít turn me on Al guys. I feel like me and I think flea have always been his biggest supporters on here

WaDe03
11-22-2017, 01:56 PM
Horford is a different player than he was last year. Kind of seems like you havenít watched him this year. TT isnít good enough to wipe Horfordís ball sweat right now. If you want a Cavs analogy Horford has been basically a more efficient Kevin Love who plays elite defense this year. Might be getting a little overrated in this run, but heís been great. Kyrie is still better and is the reason Horford is better.. no doubt about it.

Lol, I promise you he did not change that much over his short summer at his age. He will still get bullied if you all make the ECF.

homie564
11-22-2017, 02:00 PM
Lol, I promise you he did not change that much over his short summer at his age. He will still get bullied if you all make the ECF.

Just look at his stats though... itís pretty clear heís playing very well with the team around him

WaDe03
11-22-2017, 02:09 PM
Just look at his stats though... itís pretty clear heís playing very well with the team around him

Yea he's playing good. He played good the first 2 rounds of the playoffs last year too until he was embarrassed in the ECF. Look at the history of him vs TT in the ECF, he gets outplayed bad and barely rebounds. I'm not saying TT is better but he gets the best of Al every time.

MJNetsIsles
11-22-2017, 02:30 PM
Billy King is Bostons most valuable person

hugepatsfan
11-22-2017, 02:58 PM
One of the things I'll never understand on PSD is where this Horford "historical" thing became so controversial. He had a historically great shooting percentage in the playoffs so someone commented that he was shooting the ball historically well. What's controversial or divisive about that? No one said he's an all time great or even a currently elite player. Just that he had a blazing hot shooting stretch. I just don't get it.

He's a weak rebounder at the 4 and a flat out bad rebounder at the 5. He's good, great or elite in every other aspect of the game though. Overall, he's an all star caliber player. Maybe not worth a max but worth giving one since inevitably all FA talent is overpriced.

FlashBolt
11-22-2017, 03:27 PM
Billy King is Bostons most valuable person

Wow, you are finally right about something. Would not be surprised if Billy King wins Finals MVP soon.

prodigy
11-22-2017, 03:32 PM
Just want to say I'm glad we signed Horford to all the haters of his. He's well worth the money.

Long as Thristian Thompson is not playing Horford is safe. IDK why Thompson just owns horford.

for me the Celtics would be doing the same thing with Thomas at PG. So i Love Kyrie as a BBall player but i don't think he's the difference. For me its Brown and Tatum. Young guys who play both sides of the ball.

Green_Monster
11-22-2017, 03:34 PM
It not historically if no one cares. If you were writing a history of the nba would you inckude alís ts% during the first two rounds of the 2016 nba playoffs? Donít turn me on Al guys. I feel like me and I think flea have always been his biggest supporters on here

So what youíre telling me is you donít know what historical means.

FlashBolt
11-22-2017, 03:36 PM
Horford stinks in the playoffs - especially vs a LeBron team.. go dig it up. He's a very good player to have but he won't be a game-changer. His lack of rebounding sometimes just kills any presence he has there because you can't use Horford to score continuously. Defense has always been good but I think you guys will be disappointed again when they play vs the Cavs and Horford can't even pay someone to let him get a rebound.

WaDe03
11-22-2017, 03:39 PM

I think he's just telling you Horford isn't historic, which is true.

FlashBolt
11-22-2017, 03:46 PM

Was Horford historically great for his own standards or truly historically great? Because outside of the Celtics fanbase, no one even cared. Are we talking about him being better than KAJ or Shaq historically great? What are we talking about here? I'll be honest and tell you why no one cared: Because whoever made it out of that WSH series was only going to be lunch for the Cavs. And it proved us right. Horford can't do it when it truly matters. And if not for Kelly Olynyk going crazy in game 7, you guys probably would have lost to the Wizards.

warfelg
11-22-2017, 04:05 PM
One of the things I'll never understand on PSD is where this Horford "historical" thing became so controversial. He had a historically great shooting percentage in the playoffs so someone commented that he was shooting the ball historically well. What's controversial or divisive about that? No one said he's an all time great or even a currently elite player. Just that he had a blazing hot shooting stretch. I just don't get it.

He's a weak rebounder at the 4 and a flat out bad rebounder at the 5. He's good, great or elite in every other aspect of the game though. Overall, he's an all star caliber player. Maybe not worth a max but worth giving one since inevitably all FA talent is overpriced.

It became controversial other places too more because it was an outlier than a norm or progression. So the continued push of historical vs outlier made it what it is.

FlashBolt
11-22-2017, 04:13 PM
It became controversial other places too more because it was an outlier than a norm or progression. So the continued push of historical vs outlier made it what it is.

The way it was phrased, I believe Green Monster made a case that he was being historically great - which many just scoffed at because it was elite for Horford but it wasn't anything truly special that we haven't seen by more polarizing players. It was just his scoring that was great, too. Other areas of his game weren't anything to brag about.

warfelg
11-22-2017, 04:16 PM
The way it was phrased, I believe Green Monster made a case that he was being historically great - which many just scoffed at because it was elite for Horford but it wasn't anything truly special that we haven't seen by more polarizing players. It was just his scoring that was great, too. Other areas of his game weren't anything to brag about.

Iím driving but yea thatís what I was getting at. It was elite and kinda an outlier for Horfords performance. I hate people pointing to the outliers as to why someone is good or bad. I had this talk with someone over Danny Green two years ago when his 3pt shooting suddenly stunk. He didnít suddenly become bad. It was an outlier. And so far thatís true.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
11-22-2017, 04:43 PM

You know what I'm talking about.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
11-22-2017, 04:45 PM
Iím driving but yea thatís what I was getting at. It was elite and kinda an outlier for Horfords performance. I hate people pointing to the outliers as to why someone is good or bad. I had this talk with someone over Danny Green two years ago when his 3pt shooting suddenly stunk. He didnít suddenly become bad. It was an outlier. And so far thatís true.

I think the way that Horford's playing this season shows that it isn't much of an outlier tho....

Green_Monster
11-22-2017, 05:06 PM
I think he's just telling you Horford isn't historic, which is true.

No one said heís historic.

The only thing that was said was he had a historic TS% in the first two series. That is a fact.

New year, new team for you?

Green_Monster
11-22-2017, 05:08 PM

Nope. I said his TS% was historic, which was true. Go back and look at the posts.

Youíve just been dragged into believing the troll ďHorford is historicĒ posts. I never said that, but thatís what they want you to believe.

Green_Monster
11-22-2017, 05:10 PM
Was Horford historically great for his own standards or truly historically great? Because outside of the Celtics fanbase, no one even cared. Are we talking about him being better than KAJ or Shaq historically great? What are we talking about here? I'll be honest and tell you why no one cared: Because whoever made it out of that WSH series was only going to be lunch for the Cavs. And it proved us right. Horford can't do it when it truly matters. And if not for Kelly Olynyk going crazy in game 7, you guys probably would have lost to the Wizards.

For the millionth time, his TS% was historic the first two series. I never said anything other than that. You let the troll bandwagon fan cloud your view.

WaDe03
11-22-2017, 05:20 PM
No one said heís historic.

The only thing that was said was he had a historic TS% in the first two series. That is a fact.

New year, new team for you?

Yep, 3 rings in the last 15 years > 1 ring in the last 30

Chronz
11-22-2017, 05:30 PM

So then stand by him, it's a good debate because of the TEAM. it's prolly still kyrie as the best player but it's close, in terms of importance however, Al is their mvp and it's not close. Everything falls apart without him, few bigs do everything he can and the one I can think of shares his lack of rebounding. It's as if it's not as important as I once thought

FlashBolt
11-22-2017, 05:37 PM
Nope. I said his TS% was historic, which was true. Go back and look at the posts.

Youíve just been dragged into believing the troll ďHorford is historicĒ posts. I never said that, but thatís what they want you to believe.

For the millionth time, his TS% was historic the first two series. I never said anything other than that. You let the troll bandwagon fan cloud your view.

Pretty sure you said he was "beyond incredible" and "elite." Are you saying you never said that?

ewing
11-22-2017, 05:56 PM

Ok, I had toast this morning. it was historic

Green_Monster
11-22-2017, 07:41 PM
Pretty sure you said he was "beyond incredible" and "elite." Are you saying you never said that?

His shooting was historic. In turn, his overall game was beyond incredible and elite, yes. Playing very good defense and being a good playmaker along with historic shooting will have you playing elite.

Your bad memory doesnít mean I said he was historic as a player.

Green_Monster
11-22-2017, 07:43 PM
Ok, I had toast this morning. it was historic

Subjective opinion. You saying something is historic doesnít make it historic. If you have stats to back it up, like Horford having the highest TS% ever on ten or more shots per game (through those two series), then Iíll take you seriously.

JordansBulls
11-22-2017, 08:55 PM
This is easily Kyrie who is the best player in the Eastern Conference right now.

FlashBolt
11-22-2017, 10:39 PM
His shooting was historic. In turn, his overall game was beyond incredible and elite, yes. Playing very good defense and being a good playmaker along with historic shooting will have you playing elite.

Your bad memory doesnít mean I said he was historic as a player.

No it wasn't incredible and elite. Stop lying to yourself. It's incredible and elite for his standards but we've seen much better performances. Your idea of incredible and elite must be very low. He only took ten shots per game and scored 16. You make it seem as if he's dropping 30 on high TS%. Stop it. His entire game was selectivity of shots. DeAndre Jordan must have been historic level of efficiency since the guy dropped 67% on TS for an entire season. Who cares?

FlashBolt
11-22-2017, 10:41 PM
Subjective opinion. You saying something is historic doesnít make it historic. If you have stats to back it up, like Horford having the highest TS% ever on ten or more shots per game (through those two series), then Iíll take you seriously.

Again, historic by what standard? No one even remembers it. Go look up the definition of historic. You're talking about an NBA record. Big deal. How many stupid arbitrary records get broken every year, every game, every series? Do people remember it? NO. Not historic. The end.

ewing
11-23-2017, 12:20 AM
Tim Hardaway Jr had an historic night tonight. he was the first knick player since Pat Ewing in 1991 to have 38,7,and 7

ewing
11-23-2017, 12:25 AM
So then stand by him, it's a good debate because of the TEAM. it's prolly still kyrie as the best player but it's close, in terms of importance however, Al is their mvp and it's not close. Everything falls apart without him, few bigs do everything he can and the one I can think of shares his lack of rebounding. It's as if it's not as important as I once thought

OK I will. he is very very good. I was disappointed last year in Boston's ability to defend the rim with him at the 5. I thought it would work better then it did. I am not sure what it is. Maybe IT was that bad like a lot of people think on here. Maybe the having longer wings this year is making up for it- plus Baynes and Morris have some mass. I'm back on the bandwagon but I still think Irving is the best player on the team and with there lack of play making ball handlers I think he is still clearly the most important.

Chronz
11-23-2017, 02:10 AM
OK I will. he is very very good. I was disappointed last year in Boston's ability to defend the rim with him at the 5. I thought it would work better then it did. I am not sure what it is. Maybe IT was that bad like a lot of people think on here. Maybe the having longer wings this year is making up for it- plus Baynes and Morris have some mass. I'm back on the bandwagon but I still think Irving is the best player on the team and with there lack of play making ball handlers I think he is still clearly the most important.

Too early in the season to call you an idiot but based on what I've seen, they do just fine without kyrie, not so much without that center that brings more to the table than your league average of pg. I fully expect both kyrie and horford to come down to earth for what that matters

Chronz
11-23-2017, 02:11 AM
Tim Hardaway Jr had an historic night tonight. he was the first knick player since Pat Ewing in 1991 to have 38,7,and 7

1 night vs the most playoff games during a ****** playoffs

Chronz
11-23-2017, 02:14 AM
Again, historic by what standard? No one even remembers it. Go look up the definition of historic. You're talking about an NBA record. Big deal. How many stupid arbitrary records get broken every year, every game, every series? Do people remember it? NO. Not historic. The end.

What people remember is of no consequence. So what what people remember. Efficiency is far from arbitrary.

When said records get broken it's ok to bring it up

Chronz
11-23-2017, 02:18 AM
No it wasn't incredible and elite. Stop lying to yourself. It's incredible and elite for his standards but we've seen much better performances. Your idea of incredible and elite must be very low. He only took ten shots per game and scored 16. You make it seem as if he's dropping 30 on high TS%. Stop it. His entire game was selectivity of shots. DeAndre Jordan must have been historic level of efficiency since the guy dropped 67% on TS for an entire season. Who cares?

Lots of teams care based on what I've read. Now imagine djs efficiency in the playoffs from a guy that can shoot from the PERIMETER in top of being an adept passer. Are you getting it yet, bad comparison

ewing
11-23-2017, 02:18 AM
1 night vs the most playoff games during a ****** playoffs

****in historic

FlashBolt
11-23-2017, 04:50 AM
Lots of teams care based on what I've read. Now imagine djs efficiency in the playoffs from a guy that can shoot from the PERIMETER in top of being an adept passer. Are you getting it yet, bad comparison

Definition of historic doesn't relate to what you're trying to emphasize. It wasn't historic. It was a good streak that no one honestly cared about. Want historic? Look at Kobe's 81 or Russ averaging a triple double.

Green_Monster
11-23-2017, 10:24 AM

Historic by it literally being historic. Not sure how many times I have to say it? He had the highest TS% ever through two playoff series on 10 or more shots per game.

You donít know what historic means. I donít even know where to go from here. :laugh2:

Green_Monster
11-23-2017, 10:25 AM

He was an elite player for those first two series. Check the numbers. Not really sure what to tell you if youíre looking at the numbers and still donít get it.

Green_Monster
11-23-2017, 10:27 AM

He doesnít know what historic means. Instead of looking up the definition heíll throw out bad comparisons.

Chronz
11-23-2017, 07:34 PM
****in historic

What's more historic a playoff game or a regular season game? If you know the answer here, it shouldn't be hard to sort your history out.

I get you don't think it's impressive enough to be worthy of note, congrats, some people do and they have the mind to add it to their collection of history

Chronz
11-23-2017, 07:35 PM
Definition of historic doesn't relate to what you're trying to emphasize. It wasn't historic. It was a good streak that no one honestly cared about. Want historic? Look at Kobe's 81 or Russ averaging a triple double.

False. Those are simply more historic/memorable/ impressive

ewing
11-23-2017, 10:45 PM
What's more historic a playoff game or a regular season game? If you know the answer here, it shouldn't be hard to sort your history out.

I get you don't think it's impressive enough to be worthy of note, congrats, some people do and they have the mind to add it to their collection of history

Itís worthy of note if you are talking about who was is playing well during those playoffs. Youíd be using stats to back up a point. it is not remotely historic.

WaDe03
11-24-2017, 11:32 AM
Historic.

Giannis94
11-24-2017, 01:54 PM
Every game is historic if you think about it. Never gonna be played again. So gold star for hardaway.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
11-24-2017, 02:02 PM
Every game is historic if you think about it. Never gonna be played again. So gold star for hardaway.

Every second is historic. Never gonna be a second that's like the last one.

Giannis94
11-24-2017, 02:20 PM
Every second is historic. Never gonna be a second that's like the last one.

Exactly! BRB gonna go create " Lonzo ball scored at 8:58:15 PM vs. 76ers" thread and watch PSD bring thre torches. But to be fair, MTM did a similar thing putting giannis on blast. so it should be fine?

hugepatsfan
11-24-2017, 02:59 PM
I really can't comprehend how stupid this conversation is. Horford was having a historically efficient shooting performance. It was just that. No more, no less. His shooting efficiency for that postseason stretch was historic. It's absolutely fair to characterize it as that. Al Horford is not a historically great player nor what he playing at an overall historic level. One particular aspect of his game was at a historic level.

It's a bit of a verbal oddity to say "Horford had a historical performance" instead of "Horford been shooting at a historically efficient level". The first way is just an odd way to phrase it but the second way is clearly how it was meant and the posters who have been carrying on about it for 6 months out of context, with all due respect, sound like petty ****ing morons.

Jamiecballer
11-24-2017, 03:36 PM
Danny Ainge owns all of this

ewing
11-24-2017, 03:52 PM
i really can't comprehend how stupid this conversation is. Horford was having a historically efficient shooting performance. It was just that. No more, no less. His shooting efficiency for that postseason stretch was historic. It's absolutely fair to characterize it as that. Al horford is not a historically great player nor what he playing at an overall historic level. One particular aspect of his game was at a historic level.

It's a bit of a verbal oddity to say "horford had a historical performance" instead of "horford been shooting at a historically efficient level". The first way is just an odd way to phrase it but the second way is clearly how it was meant and the posters who have been carrying on about it for 6 months out of context, with all due respect, sound like petty ****ing morons.

idk

bagwell368
11-24-2017, 10:00 PM

Last year Stevens chained Horford above the FT line so IT could penetrate. IT scored a lot, but Horford was half a player.

Outside of that just about everyone that's showed up in Boston has played better than where they were before. If he's not a top 3 coach in the league, please name them - yeah we know about the wizard in SA.