PDA

View Full Version : what are your thought on Kyle Kuzma?

MTar786
11-18-2017, 07:52 PM
would love to hear what non laker fans think of this guy

There are guys on the Lakers forum who think he shouldnt be starting. This actually baffles me as i think hes an absolute stud. Would love to know what all other fans think of him as a player.. I personally think some of my fellow fans take this player for granted.. I think hes going to be a star and should be starting full time with as many minutes possible. He needs to be one of our first options. And for that to happen he needs to be starting full time? Am i wearing blinders or do you guys agree/disagree?

warfelg
11-18-2017, 07:55 PM
Not bad, but seeing as he was a 3 or 4 year college player he's much more polished than others that are 1 and done. So not really shocked by what he's doing.

However, and this sparks the argument and 'nuh uhhhhhs' every time: He's closer to his ceiling than the floor, and this is likely what he is.

MTar786
11-18-2017, 08:02 PM
Not bad, but seeing as he was a 3 or 4 year college player he's much more polished than others that are 1 and done. So not really shocked by what he's doing.

However, and this sparks the argument and 'nuh uhhhhhs' every time: He's closer to his ceiling than the floor, and this is likely what he is.

if his ceiling is how hes playing right now im cool with that. Its the best we have right now lol. However i think hes going to get a lot better

Raps18-19 Champ
11-18-2017, 09:52 PM
He was almost a Raptors.

TrueFan420
11-18-2017, 10:19 PM
I know a lot of laker fans and their all very very high on him. I think he's going to be a good player but as it's been said... I think he's closer to his ceiling than floor. He will be a good 3 & D guy but won't reach all star level.

More-Than-Most
11-18-2017, 11:27 PM
He will grow some but he is already really polished..... He will avg like 18/10 one day i think but the dude has confidence and a set of balls that Ball will never have.. He is the real laker leader. Ingram still has the most potential by far.

smith&wesson
11-19-2017, 01:46 AM
Dudes legit. Shoulda been top 5 in the draft.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-19-2017, 03:05 AM
He will grow some but he is already really polished..... He will avg like 18/10 one day i think but the dude has confidence and a set of balls that Ball will never have.. He is the real laker leader. Ingram still has the most potential by far.

since he's been a starter he's averaging 17,9 points and 9,3 rebounds
Last game he scored 28 points in the 2nd half...he's gonna be really special

Jeffy25
11-19-2017, 04:37 AM
since he's been a starter he's averaging 17,9 points and 9,3 rebounds
Last game he scored 28 points in the 2nd half...he's gonna be really special

Which everyone is saying he is close to his ceiling, so 18/10 would make total sense.

Teeboy1487
11-19-2017, 04:41 AM
Like everyone has said, Kuzma is a polished offensive player. However, Kuzma does not impact the game defensively which is why he is not starting material. Nance should start once he returns because Nance brings an element to the game stats can't measure. Nance's defensive intangibles are surely missed right now on the Lakers. Kuzma has surprised me though. I did not see him being this effective offensively. He has to become a better defender though.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-19-2017, 09:29 AM
Hes the best player on the Lakers.

Scoots
11-19-2017, 05:19 PM
Yet college junions/seniors are still regularly disrespected in the draft.

MTar786
11-19-2017, 06:11 PM
Like everyone has said, Kuzma is a polished offensive player. However, Kuzma does not impact the game defensively which is why he is not starting material. Nance should start once he returns because Nance brings an element to the game stats can't measure. Nance's defensive intangibles are surely missed right now on the Lakers. Kuzma has surprised me though. I did not see him being this effective offensively. He has to become a better defender though.

Actually no, I thought so at first too but heís actually proving to be a good defender. Have you seen all the games? Just as his offense surprised you I urge you to Pay attention to him on defense in the next coming games and then tell me what u think. You will be pleasantly surprised

LA4life24/8
11-20-2017, 01:19 PM
He's extremely polished (older rookie i know so kinds expected)

Still think hes got room to grow. I think his 3 pt% will def improve over time.

Id say a legit 3rd option on a chip team he could be.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-20-2017, 01:57 PM
I wouldn't mind Kuzma off the bench for my Bucks. I'd give ya Wilson and Vaughn and a second round pick for him.

COOLbeans
11-20-2017, 02:33 PM
He'd get run on the Warriors. I like him a lot, and seems to be able to play multiple positions. He doesn't get a lot of money defensive stats, but he has solid fundamentals and plays hard. I'd want him on my team

europagnpilgrim
11-20-2017, 02:37 PM

There are guys on the Lakers forum who think he shouldnt be starting. This actually baffles me as i think hes an absolute stud. Would love to know what all other fans think of him as a player.. I personally think some of my fellow fans take this player for granted.. I think hes going to be a star and should be starting full time with as many minutes possible. He needs to be one of our first options. And for that to happen he needs to be starting full time? Am i wearing blinders or do you guys agree/disagree?

From the few games I have been able to check out he seems polished offensively and brings energy and doesn't back down and seems to stay in attack mode while also being a willing passer

good player, reminds me of a mix between D Gooden and M Barnes, can post and shoot the 3

he should be starting unless the Lakers want him and Clarkson/Randle to solidify the bench which is always good to have but if I were the Lakers I would start him and bring Nance off bench when he gets back

GREATNESS ONE
11-20-2017, 04:03 PM
Actually no, I thought so at first too but heís actually proving to be a good defender. Have you seen all the games? Just as his offense surprised you I urge you to Pay attention to him on defense in the next coming games and then tell me what u think. You will be pleasantly surprised

Did you watch the game? Weíre you pleasantly surprised? Kuzma is excellent on the offense but we need his offense helping the second unit just like he did last night. Was pulled 4m into the game for missing a few defensive assignments. Just because we want Larry to start, doesnít mean we want him to play more minutes than Kuz, because Kuz is effective at the 3 & 4 spot and can play 33+min a game, while Nance is better starting, playing situational minutes 20-28m.

Itís funny you come ask a bunch of people who probably only watched a handful of games, instead of talking with your fellow Lakers fans who passionately watch every game with every intent to hope that our team wins. No matter who plays like **** or plays good because itís all about the Lakers.

Kuzma will he cemented a starter soon enough, letís just let these kids grow together.

FlashBolt
11-20-2017, 04:43 PM
He's 23 or close to it. still a rookie but a damn old one. I think the ceiling for him will be much lower than other "rookies" but he's been surprising for sure.

warfelg
11-20-2017, 04:59 PM
He's 23 or close to it. still a rookie but a damn old one. I think the ceiling for him will be much lower than other "rookies" but he's been surprising for sure.

Similar to Malcolm Brogdon last year.

IndyRealist
11-20-2017, 06:46 PM

There are stats that measure what Nance contributes just fine. It's just not going to be things like PER, which are weighted against his style of play.

BKLYNpigeon
11-20-2017, 07:08 PM
He's a poor mans Tobias Harris.

MTar786
11-21-2017, 09:24 PM
Did you watch the game? Weíre you pleasantly surprised? Kuzma is excellent on the offense but we need his offense helping the second unit just like he did last night. Was pulled 4m into the game for missing a few defensive assignments. Just because we want Larry to start, doesnít mean we want him to play more minutes than Kuz, because Kuz is effective at the 3 & 4 spot and can play 33+min a game, while Nance is better starting, playing situational minutes 20-28m.

Itís funny you come ask a bunch of people who probably only watched a handful of games, instead of talking with your fellow Lakers fans who passionately watch every game with every intent to hope that our team wins. No matter who plays like **** or plays good because itís all about the Lakers.

Kuzma will he cemented a starter soon enough, letís just let these kids grow together.

first of all, i said coming games. Learn to read. I like how you added kuzma will be a starter soon enough at the end.. Now you finally agree even if you're trying to pretend like that was your opinion all along. Make up your mind.. dont play both sides. Kuzma needs to be starting.. just admit you're wrong now. Most of the people on the lakers forum, the people here and I think alike.. its just you and a handful of guys who need to figure this out now.

LA4life24/8
11-21-2017, 09:31 PM
The problem i have w kuz starting means a line up off the bench that includes nance and randle together. Those 2 on the floor at the same time doesnt really work at least it really hasnt in the past. Teams can just pack the lane on them which in turn also really hurts clarksons game too.

I think nance will come back and start for a little while and luke will see how it goes. If he struggles then I can see em going back to kuz for sure. BUT even w kuz off the bench id still be giving him hella minutes. I really like his potential and he prolly will be a starter one day, Just how soon is yet to be determined.

GREATNESS ONE
11-21-2017, 10:14 PM
first of all, i said coming games. Learn to read. I like how you added kuzma will be a starter soon enough at the end.. Now you finally agree even if you're trying to pretend like that was your opinion all along. Make up your mind.. dont play both sides. Kuzma needs to be starting.. just admit you're wrong now. Most of the people on the lakers forum, the people here and I think alike.. its just you and a handful of guys who need to figure this out now.

Youíre an ***. I stick to my opinion and have never changed it, Kuzma off the bench this year playing big minutes. Like Iíve said all along, Kuzma to start in the future as I see him as a corner stone piece with Lonzo/BI.

If you actually watched the games and weíre in our GT you would know our opinions havenít changed. Iíve watched every single Lakers game in 23+ years, I have watched every game this season twice and sometimes a 3rd time on Compacto. I want the same thing as most Lakers fans, we want to win, develop and grow these kids.

GREATNESS ONE
11-21-2017, 10:15 PM
The problem i have w kuz starting means a line up off the bench that includes nance and randle together. Those 2 on the floor at the same time doesnt really work at least it really hasnt in the past. Teams can just pack the lane on them which in turn also really hurts clarksons game too.

I think nance will come back and start for a little while and luke will see how it goes. If he struggles then I can see em going back to kuz for sure. BUT even w kuz off the bench id still be giving him hella minutes. I really like his potential and he prolly will be a starter one day, Just how soon is yet to be determined.

Exactly!

Vinylman
11-22-2017, 09:13 AM

in a league dominated by scoring you like the guy who has zero offensive game in Nance...

MMMMKAY

LaVar Ball
11-22-2017, 09:44 AM
He's a poor mans Tobias Harris.

Tobias Harris is garbage. One good contract year and now dude is overrated,

cheetos185
11-22-2017, 11:07 AM
Kuzma is a solid player i wish he was on the Knicks we need a SF badly.

Teeboy1487
11-22-2017, 11:41 AM
in a league dominated by scoring you like the guy who has zero offensive game in Nance...

MMMMKAY My point is I want Kuzma to develop defensively. Make more of an impact on that end.

prodigy
11-22-2017, 03:27 PM

I love Kuzma! he's a smart player with a lot of heart and passion for the game. Only seen a few games of his and even though its hard to watch Laker games With Lonzo playing like crap Kuzma has looked very good.

aman_13
11-22-2017, 03:34 PM
I'm sure most playoff contenders are shaking their heads that they missed out on him.

Teeboy1487
11-22-2017, 03:57 PM
I love Kuzma! he's a smart player with a lot of heart and passion for the game. Only seen a few games of his and even though its hard to watch Laker games With Lonzo playing like crap Kuzma has looked very good.

I feel you. Lonzo is by far the worst rookie I've watch play for the Lakers over these past 4 years. He is beyond horrible.

GREATNESS ONE
11-22-2017, 04:04 PM
I feel you. Lonzo is by far the worst rookie I've watch play for the Lakers over these past 4 years. He is beyond horrible.

You sure youíre actually watching instead of some games and boxscores? If you think heís beyond horrible, I donít think youíre actually watching the game. The only thing Lonzo is beyond horrible right now is shooting and finishing around the basket. He will be much better of a shooter and will finish much better around the basket as his body grows. Look at Ingram, he couldnít finish anything around the basket, 1full year of NBA raining, games, footage, medicine etc and heís much much better attacking the cup.

Lonzo does everything else good or above average. Heís already a really good defender, attackís the rim for rebounds and initiated the unselfish fast break that has rubbed off on the rest of our team. Itís quite hilarious youíre calling him a bust 18 games into his career.

FlashBolt
11-22-2017, 04:44 PM
You sure youíre actually watching instead of some games and boxscores? If you think heís beyond horrible, I donít think youíre actually watching the game. The only thing Lonzo is beyond horrible right now is shooting and finishing around the basket. He will be much better of a shooter and will finish much better around the basket as his body grows. Look at Ingram, he couldnít finish anything around the basket, 1full year of NBA raining, games, footage, medicine etc and heís much much better attacking the cup.

Lonzo does everything else good or above average. Heís already a really good defender, attackís the rim for rebounds and initiated the unselfish fast break that has rubbed off on the rest of our team. Itís quite hilarious youíre calling him a bust 18 games into his career.

He attacks the board for rebounds because Lakers don't have any big men to get rebounds outside Randle.. and it actually makes sense for Lonzo to crash the boards (which I'm sure Luke Walton has emphasized) because it allows the Lakers to run the fastbreak after every rebound. Lopez is one of the worst rebounding C's anyways. they didn't grab Lonzo for his ability to rebound - they got him because he was:

1) Capable of running point
2) Capable of shooting
3) Capable of leading
4) Capable of changing the culture

He has not been running point that well because Clarkson is a better alternative than him in MANY cases.
He has not been shooting well at all. It's almost embarrassing and people cringe every time he goes up for a shot.
He hasn't been a good leader. Commentators are always saying he has a stoic face and really doesn't say much.. And him running away from a scuffle by saying he didn't want to get a technical has to have rubbed many teammates the wrong way. Would not be surprised if they lost trust in him.
And he hasn't changed the culture at all. People are actually more excited about Kuzma than Lonzo.

It hasn't been a good start for Lonzo. No other way to say it.