PDA

View Full Version : Your Dream Trades

Vee-Rex
11-18-2017, 04:59 PM
Put our your dream trade scenarios!

So last night I dreamed we saw Anthony Davis in a Cavs uniform. News of his concussion is unsettling but I drew up a hopeful trade scenario if they start losing.

Cavs send out: Kevin Love, Jae Crowder, Iman Shumpert, Cedi Osman, Ante Zizic, 2018 1st round, 2018 1st round (Nets to Celtics to Cavs) 2020 2nd round (Heat)
Cavs receive: Anthony Davis, Miles Plumlee (and his horrible contract), Omer Asik (and his horrible contract)

Pelicans send out: Anthony Davis, Omer Asik
Pelicans receive: Kevin Love, Iman Shumpert, Cedi Osman (prospect), Deandre Bembry (prospect), 2018 1st round (Nets), 2019 2nd round (Hawks), 2020 2nd round (Heat)

Hawks send out: Deandre Bembry, Miles Plumlee, 2019 2nd round
Hawks receive: Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, 2018 Cavs 1st round

Why would the Pelicans do this? They get a huge return that includes an already star player in Kevin Love, a guy they've been pining for (for whatever reason) in Shumpert, two young prospects in Osman and Bembry, the coveted Nets pick, 2 2nd round picks, and get out of Omer Asik's nasty contract.

Why would the Hawks do this? Bring in a solid player in Crowder, young potential in Zizic, obtain a late 1st rounder, and get out of Plumlee's ugly contract.

Cavs lineup:

IT/Rose
Smith/Wade
James/Korver
Davis/Green
Thompson/Frye

Bring in John Holland who played well in preseason along with another player to fill out the bench with Asik, Plumlee, and Calderon.

Chronz
11-18-2017, 05:07 PM
DJ and Beverly + whatever depth they want for TT, IT/Jae and that nets pick

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-18-2017, 05:12 PM
I was wishing Bucks would trade for Clippers Jordan. Bucks need rebounding badly. But it probably take a haul to land Jordan. I prefer to stand pat till Parker is back to see what we look like before any major moves.

warfelg
11-18-2017, 05:21 PM
The Suns training staff. Thatís all we need.

Vee-Rex
11-18-2017, 05:24 PM
I was wishing Bucks would trade for Clippers Jordan. Bucks need rebounding badly. But it probably take a haul to land Jordan. I prefer to stand pat till Parker is back to see what we look like before any major moves.

Yeah I want Jordan too, which is why I'm rooting for the Clips to lose games. DJ + Bev for TT + Jae or/and Shump + Nets pick.

IT/Bevs/Rose
Jr/Wade
James/Korver
Love/Green
Jordan/Frye

I think our defense would be improved and if IT can return to form we'd be a deadly team, easily top 5 in the league.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-18-2017, 05:32 PM
Yeah I want Jordan too, which is why I'm rooting for the Clips to lose games. DJ + Bev for TT + Jae or/and Shump + Nets pick.

IT/Bevs/Rose
Jr/Wade
James/Korver
Love/Green
Jordan/Frye

I think our defense would be improved and if IT can return to form we'd be a deadly team, easily top 5 in the league.

Not so sure Gilbert parts with Nets pick unless LeBron takes a extension first.

Mr.B
11-18-2017, 05:32 PM
Wes Matthews and Dwight Powell for expiring contracts.

Giannis94
11-18-2017, 06:13 PM
Porzy probably wants to play for a contender. So something centererd around jabari/thon/broggy/picks!

IndyRealist
11-18-2017, 06:29 PM
DJ and Beverly + whatever depth they want for TT, IT/Jae and that nets pick

Wow. I think I'd do that on either side of the deal. Good stuff.

warfelg
11-19-2017, 08:52 AM
Dario Saric for Derrick Favors and a 2nd.

Utah gets a guy who plays well in a featured role, can create for himself, and they could lock up for a long time.

Sixers get a more reliable PF/C off the bench who can play with the second unit and bring more solid defense.

Utah After:
Rubio - Exum
Mitchell - Hood
Ingles - Johnson
Saric - Jerebko
Gobert - Udoh

Sixers after:
Fultz - Bayless
Redick - TLC
RoCo - Anderson
Simmons - Favors
Embiid - Holmes

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-19-2017, 09:15 AM
Hawks Dedmon
Bulls Portis or Mirotic
Bucks Delly,Henson,Teletovic,Vaughn
Cavs Shumpert,Frye
Mavs Noel,Matthews
Nuggets Faried
Magic Biyombo,Mario
Suns Chandler,Dudley
Kings Hill,ZBO,Carter,Koufos
Lakers Deng,Clarkson,Randle,Bogut
76ers Okafor
Knicks Noah,O'Quinn
Hornets Zeller
Pelicans Asik,Moore,Ajinca
Pistons Leuer,Boban,Jackson
Jazz Favors
Nets Mozgov
Rockets Anderson

I could see any of these guys on the chop block. I'm sure there's plenty more i'm forgetting.

Giannis94
11-19-2017, 12:15 PM
Hawks Dedmon
Bulls Portis or Mirotic
Cavs Shumpert,Frye
Mavs Noel,Matthews
Nuggets Faried
Magic Biyombo,Mario
Suns Chandler,Dudley
76ers Okafor
Knicks Noah,O'Quinn
Hornets Zeller
Jazz Favors
Nets Mozgov
Rockets Anderson

I could see any of these guys on the chop block. I'm sure there's plenty more i'm forgetting.
I wouldn't be opposed to putting jabari on there in the right deal.

Mr.B
11-19-2017, 02:10 PM
Hawks Dedmon
Bulls Portis or Mirotic
Cavs Shumpert,Frye
Mavs Noel,Matthews
Nuggets Faried
Magic Biyombo,Mario
Suns Chandler,Dudley
76ers Okafor
Knicks Noah,O'Quinn
Hornets Zeller
Jazz Favors
Nets Mozgov
Rockets Anderson

Mavs also have 3 guys that would be solid vets off the bench for playoff teams: Devin Harris, JJ Barea, and Sala Mejri. None should fetch more than a 2nd round pick.

bucketss
11-19-2017, 04:26 PM
anyone want ibaka ?

mrblisterdundee
11-19-2017, 07:07 PM
My dream trade was a package around McCollum to Chicago for a package around Butler. I don't think Portland can contend with Lillard and McCollum as the starting back court. Butler would have been perfect next to Lillard. I'd have also traded McCollum to Milwaukee for the right package, but now they have Bledsoe.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-20-2017, 07:48 AM
I'd expect Blazers would of wanted a haul for McCollum.

MTone8788
11-20-2017, 08:52 AM
Bayless, Okafor, Stauskas and a 1st for Klay Thompson.

Would never happen. Because those guys have no value, but one can dream.

IndyRealist
11-20-2017, 09:00 AM
Oladipo for Will Barton and Kenneth Faried. Doesn't help our defense, but...

warfelg
11-20-2017, 09:10 AM
Oladipo for Will Barton and Kenneth Faried. Doesn't help our defense, but...

Just give me Thad back and I'm happy :)

IndyRealist
11-20-2017, 09:55 AM
Just give me Thad back and I'm happy :)

Sure, you don't need Covington anyway. 😎

warfelg
11-20-2017, 09:58 AM
Sure, you don't need Covington anyway. [emoji41]

Youíre a funny guy :)

I think there would be a few takers out there but we need to trade Dario. Heís so marginalized on this team. Wanna feel bad for someone? Donít feel it for Okafor. Feel it for Dario.

LA4life24/8
11-20-2017, 01:14 PM
As a lakers fan our dream trade is pretty obvious

Deng for an expiring dont care who it is lmao
Would be willing to give up either randle or JC plus a future 1st

KCP or blo (I dont necessarily see either wanting to come back next season) for a mid to late 1st this year

And yes i know none of this is gonna happen but gotta dream real big ha

IndyRealist
11-20-2017, 01:25 PM

KCP or blo (I dont necessarily see either wanting to come back next season) for a mid to late 1st this year

No one's trading for Pope without Bird rights. There's no point.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-20-2017, 01:30 PM

I could maybe see Suns eat Deng if ya toss in Kuzma and second rounder for Moose.

archdevil84
11-20-2017, 02:13 PM
dion waiters for dwyane wade

Leftcoast_yg
11-21-2017, 09:32 PM
I could maybe see Suns eat Deng if ya toss in Kuzma and second rounder for Moose.

Wtf are you smoking

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-22-2017, 10:37 AM
Wtf are you smoking

Deng is like the worst contract in the league. Its gonna take a valuable piece to dump him let alone for a nice expiring contract in return. Learn the life of NBA trades before ya throw out petty remarks. Lakers days of lopsided trades in their favor are long gone.

JAZZNC
11-22-2017, 12:20 PM
Dario Saric for Derrick Favors and a 2nd.

Utah gets a guy who plays well in a featured role, can create for himself, and they could lock up for a long time.

Sixers get a more reliable PF/C off the bench who can play with the second unit and bring more solid defense.

Utah After:
Rubio - Exum
Mitchell - Hood
Ingles - Johnson
Saric - Jerebko
Gobert - Udoh

Sixers after:
Fultz - Bayless
Redick - TLC
RoCo - Anderson
Simmons - Favors
Embiid - Holmes

I'm totally game for that.

Giannis94
11-22-2017, 12:27 PM
Lonzo Ball+ future pick for Embiid. But that may be more realstic than we think. Given the external factors.

hugepatsfan
11-26-2017, 10:31 AM
I'd ****ing love if Myles Turner could ever be pried away from IND to BOS. Looking at his career, he hasn't really "taken off" yet but I still love him. Maybe IND wouldn't want to pay him the max deal he'll probably look for. I would. Maybe that LAL pick lucks out for us and we get #2-5. Guerschon Yabusele we took #16 a few years ago and he's in his first year. Hasn't shown much but maybe IND likes his development potential. And then we have a future MEM pick which should be mid-1st. If IND doesn't want to pay Turner a max I wonder if that LAL pick, Yabusele and the MEM pick would be a fair offer come draft day next year.

warfelg
11-26-2017, 10:41 AM
I'd ****ing love if Myles Turner could ever be pried away from IND to BOS. Looking at his career, he hasn't really "taken off" yet but I still love him. Maybe IND wouldn't want to pay him the max deal he'll probably look for. I would. Maybe that LAL pick lucks out for us and we get #2-5. Guerschon Yabusele we took #16 a few years ago and he's in his first year. Hasn't shown much but maybe IND likes his development potential. And then we have a future MEM pick which should be mid-1st. If IND doesn't want to pay Turner a max I wonder if that LAL pick, Yabusele and the MEM pick would be a fair offer come draft day next year.

I honestly think they would want a different deal.

I know the type of comment this is gonna get but I feel they would much prefer Brown/Tatum + Mem Pick for Turner + someone they want to move. For them it doesn't make sense to move Turner unless you are really getting something for it.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-26-2017, 12:02 PM

I'd offer Middleton,Wilson,Vaughn for Myles Turner. Maybe even a second round pick tossed in.

hugepatsfan
11-26-2017, 12:28 PM
I honestly think they would want a different deal.

I know the type of comment this is gonna get but I feel they would much prefer Brown/Tatum + Mem Pick for Turner + someone they want to move. For them it doesn't make sense to move Turner unless you are really getting something for it.

Yeah I'm sure that's what they'd ask but I wouldn't do it. I like Turner's combination of shot blocking and stretching the floor at the 5 but he hasn't made the leap to great player yet and not sure I see the upside there for it. I think Tatum/Brown have higher ceilings so I wouldn't want to give them up. It's a fair ask for one though obviously.

I think that, IF they decided they didn't want to give out a max deal for him, a top 5 pick for him would get their attention though. Because with a pick in that range you start thinking about potential franchise players. Then again, seeing the type of win-now package they took back for PG that might not be their style. Plus the Lakers aren't exactly cooperating with getting that pick to convey lol. But if for whatever reason the Pacers did decide to explore a Turner trade instead of committing a max to him, I think a top 5 pick would be among the most individually valuable trade assets they're offered. It's just a matter of what their goals would be. Entirely moot point because I'm sure they'll just max him out and roll on. But the fact that supposedly him and Sabonis have had some issues integrating each other and him being likely for a max gave me enough hope to put it in these dream trades thread.

warfelg
11-26-2017, 12:28 PM
Honestly for the Bucks:

Henson + 2 2nds for Noel
Anything (literally) for Jerami Grant
Middleton for Fournier
Try to talk the Pelicans at midseason (if they keep struggling) Parker for Holiday

Bledsoe - Brogdon
Holiday - Snell
Fournier - Teletovic
Antetokounmpo - Grant
Noel - Maker

Then with first subs you switch to:
Holiday
Snell
Antetokounmpo
Grant
Noel

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-26-2017, 12:34 PM
Yeah I'm sure that's what they'd ask but I wouldn't do it. I like Turner's combination of shot blocking and stretching the floor at the 5 but he hasn't made the leap to great player yet and not sure I see the upside there for it. I think Tatum/Brown have higher ceilings so I wouldn't want to give them up. It's a fair ask for one though obviously.

I think that, IF they decided they didn't want to give out a max deal for him, a top 5 pick for him would get their attention though. Because with a pick in that range you start thinking about potential franchise players. Then again, seeing the type of win-now package they took back for PG that might not be their style. Plus the Lakers aren't exactly cooperating with getting that pick to convey lol. But if for whatever reason the Pacers did decide to explore a Turner trade instead of committing a max to him, I think a top 5 pick would be among the most individually valuable trade assets they're offered. It's just a matter of what their goals would be. Entirely moot point because I'm sure they'll just max him out and roll on. But the fact that supposedly him and Sabonis have had some issues integrating each other and him being likely for a max gave me enough hope to put it in these dream trades thread.

Sabonis is probably traded way before Turner would be.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-26-2017, 12:45 PM
Honestly for the Bucks:

Henson + 2 2nds for Noel
Anything (literally) for Jerami Grant
Middleton for Fournier
Try to talk the Pelicans at midseason (if they keep struggling) Parker for Holiday

Bledsoe - Brogdon
Holiday - Snell
Fournier - Teletovic
Antetokounmpo - Grant
Noel - Maker

Then with first subs you switch to:
Holiday
Snell
Antetokounmpo
Grant
Noel

Middleton's defense slipped last season already and I haven't watch any Magic games in a long time. But isn't Fournier a lousy defender and at $17M per for 4 years? Also a back court of Holiday and Bledsoe? Both not that great of three point shooters. Bucks need a legit center. Noel is nice but couldn't afford to keep him. Also he comes with no Bird rights once traded. Bucks should of gave up Middleton last years summer to Celtics when they offered a pick. Bucks could of had Brown or Tatum on a rookie contract.

hugepatsfan
11-26-2017, 12:47 PM
Sabonis is probably traded way before Turner would be.

Yeah, most likely neither is traded. Not predicting it but hey, it's a dream trade thread. I think it's realistic enough to post in that context...

1) They have a somewhat duplicate type of player in Sabonis.
2) Turner will likely command a max contract even though he hasn't really elevated his play to that level yet.
3) It's not like I'm offering peanuts.

Let's say BOS gets some luck with that LAL pick and it ends up #2-5 so we get it this year. That's a really valuable pick - potential franchise player. Throw in MEM's pick next year which should be mid-1st. That has some value. Add in a young PG like Terry Rozier who's another young rotation piece. And then Yabusele was a mid 1st rounder with good upside from Europe (nice developmental chip). I'd throw in a couple of our own 1st rounders too.

I really like Turner's unique combination of shot blocking and floor spacing from the 5 spot but I don't think he's a "franchise player" either. So, if I'm IND, that type of package would at least get my attention.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-26-2017, 12:50 PM
Yeah, most likely neither is traded. Not predicting it but hey, it's a dream trade thread. I think it's realistic enough to post in that context...

2) Turner will likely command a max contract even though he hasn't really elevated his play to that level yet.

Let's say BOS gets some luck with that LAL pick and it ends up #2-5 so we get it this year. That's a really valuable pick - potential franchise player. Throw in MEM's pick next year which should be mid-1st. That has some value. Add in a young PG like Terry Rozier who's another young rotation piece. And then Yabusele was a mid 1st rounder with good upside from Europe (nice developmental chip). I'd throw in a couple of our own 1st rounders too.

I really like Turner's unique combination of shot blocking and floor spacing from the 5 spot but I don't think he's a "franchise player" either. So, if I'm IND, that type of package would at least get my attention.

True. But seems Pacers never wanna tank. They rebuild while winning at same time. But yeah nice package of picks.

IndyRealist
11-26-2017, 01:23 PM

The Pacers will only trade Turner if he is unhappy with the direction of the team. They have no problem giving out max contracts to their best players to stay not backslide, regardless if the player is actually worth the money (O'Neal, Granger, Hibbert, George).

Turner has plenty of potential, and I kind of wish Oladipo hadn't come just so we could run a Turner-centric offense. He essentially has the same skillset as Porzingas on less volume (KP shoots 50% more often than MT), and Turner has outplayed him overall the last two seasons though it seems like KP took a big jump this year. Depsite the shotblocking he's not really a great paint protector the way Hibbert was, he hunts too much for blocks and lets wings go by him, but the potential is there with more discipline. If we ran 3pt shots for him instead of only letting him take desperation shots, he'd be a lot more consistent. He's been called the best shooter on the team.

But I digress. Tradewise, if a top 5 pick was involved I'd really think hard about it. Not because I think we'll get a better player, but because we have Sabonis and in our space and space offense a rough and tumble board crasher and roll man fits better than a pick n' pop big who protects the rim but not the paint. Collison is playing WAY over his head, Oladipo is just meh, and none of the wings play defense. We need a hard reset on the perimeter and a top 5 pick would do that.

Mave1002
11-27-2017, 05:38 AM
Not a dream trade but one of the most recent that I've come up with:

LAL/SAS/PHI

LAL
Lopez/Bogut (Zubac/Bryant)
Nance Jr./Kuzma
Ingram/Green
KCP/Hart
Ball/Clarkson (Ennis/White)

SAS
Gasol/Okafor
Aldridge/Randle
Kawhi/Gay
Ginobili/Murray
Parker/Mills

PHI
Embiid/Johnson (Holmes)
Simmons/Saric
Covington/Anderson (Brewer)
Redick/TLC (Forbes)
Fultz/Bayless (McConnell)

Why for LAL: Allows the team to have a starting SG (defense/3s) if they strike out on the 2018 FA. If the Should KCP gets resigned, Green can always play behind Ingram.

Why for SAS: Deal allows them to hit the restart button with the new generation of young Spurs --

Okafor
Randle
Kawhi
2018 free agent (Avery Bradley will be the PERFECT Spur)
Murray

Why for PHI: Simply coz they can get past the Okafor situation, period.
Lakers/Spurs could also throw in future 2nd rounders or something