PDA

View Full Version : Update on the young cores

mrblisterdundee
11-16-2017, 12:12 PM
I was watching Embiid put up his monster stat line last night, with Simmons chilling one rebound short of a triple double. Ingram, Kuzma and Clarkson were all balling out. Fultz and Ball were both on the bench with messed-up shooting arms.
It got me wondering: With about 15 percent of the season over, and with Simmons and Embiid showing signs of health and superstardom, how to you rank the young cores right now? Give us your top three or five.
For clarity, let's say "young" is 25 and younger. Kyrie has been in the league a while, but I'd still call him young.

Giannis94
11-16-2017, 12:33 PM
Tatum/Brown and whoever they get from the Kings top 10, if not top 5 pick after next season. Oh, and yeah thats not inlcuding Kyrie, Horf, Hayward.

Them and Giannis, Bledsoe, Jabari, Broggy, Middleton

TheDish87
11-16-2017, 12:51 PM
its the Sixers. once Fultz gets back with a health shoulder it will be clear to everyone. i think a better bar is experience rather than age though. We still have another good lotto pick coming our way too.

Scoots
11-16-2017, 01:01 PM
Gotta be Celts. Best record in the NBA.

DanG
11-16-2017, 01:12 PM
1. Sixers - Embiid, Simmons, Fultz
2. Celtics - Kyrie, Tatum, Brown, Smart
3. Bucks - Giannis, Parker, Brogdon
4. Lakers - Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, Randle, KCP, Clarkson, Nance Jr.

don't think you can call Wolves' KAT&Wiggins duo a core.

Lakers have the deepest one, Sixers have the most potential.

Hawkeye15
11-16-2017, 01:13 PM
Sixers by a mile, especially if Embiid stays healthy. I wasn't expecting this from Simmons.

Celtics, if we consider them young? Meh

Wolves

Lakers

hugepatsfan
11-16-2017, 01:35 PM
I'm defining young core by who in 5 years will still be in their prime (meaning like 33 or less).

76ers have what looks to be two transcendent talents in Embiid and Simmons. Fultz is a question mark and IDK about him being transcendent but I still believe he will be an all star caliber player. Saric seems overrated to me but a solid piece. Some other youngsters but no one special. One more likely lotto pick coming ('18 LAL or '19 SAC). Potential max player this coming offseason as well.

BOS has Kyrie and Hayward as top 15-20 players in the game IMO who will be 30 and 31 in 5 years. Kyrie has potential to go higher with his all around game developing well under Stevens' tutelage. Tatum/Brown to me both look on the path to being all-star players. One more likely lotto pick coming ('18 LAL or '19 SAC). Should be able to offer a max contract once Horford expires (unless they tie up their cap in guys like Smart/Rozier without being able to dump).

MIN has Wiggins/KAT and then Butler will be 32 5 years from now so I still consider that a future. KAT is potentially transcendent, Butler probably caps out a notch below that and then Wiggins still has big upside.

MIL has a transcendent talent in Giannis. Brogden is more glue guy than star but a great piece. Parker is a wildcard but has all star ability. Bledsoe and Middleton will still be on the tail ends of their primes 5 years from now.

LAL and PHX have a bunch of young guys but only Kuzma has flashed at a super high level so far. Very incomplete products. Can't put them in a group with those top 4.

mightybosstone
11-16-2017, 01:36 PM
If I had to rate the top young cores, it would look something like this:

1. Celtics: Irving, Brown, Tatum, Smart
2. Sixers: Embiid, Simmons, Saric, Fultz, Okafor
3. Bucks: Giannis, Brogdon, Maker (Snell and Middleton are 26)
4. Nuggets: Jokic, Harris, Murray, Mudiay
5. Knicks: Porzingis, Hardaway, Ntilikina
6. Suns: Booker, Warren, Jackson, Len, Chriss, Ullis
7. Lakers: Kuzma, Ingram, Clarkson, Randle, KCP, Ball
8. Magic: Gordon, Fournier, Payton, Isaac
9. Jazz: Gobert, Hood, Mitchell
10. Kings: Fox, Hield, Cauley-Stein, Bogdanovic, Jackson, Giles
11. Mavs: Barnes, Smith, Ferrell, Noel

Lakers fans will hate this, but I gave more credit to teams who have players who have proven themselves as star-caliber athletes. The Celtics have at least one and might have three of those guys, the Sixers have two and every other team I ranked ahead of them had at least one (Jokic, Porzingis and Booker). Ingram, Kuzma and Clarkson have all looked solid thus far, but I haven't seen anyone jump out with obvious star potential yet, and Ball has been beyond abysmal.

I seriously considered Orlando and Utah ahead of LA as I love what the Magic have done this season and that Gobert, Hood, Mitchell trio has real potential. But LA just has so many young guys with potential. The Kings do as well, but I haven't seen their two key young pieces (Fox or Hield) really show they can produce at a star level yet.

Also, I only included teams with at least two potential core pieces 25 or younger, but Detroit's duo of Harris and Drummond has certainly played well thus far and the Wolves' duo of Towns and Wiggins is among the most talented young duos in the league.

warfelg
11-16-2017, 02:10 PM
Itís time to drop Okafor from that list of young core on the Sixers. Put TLC/Holmes/TJ in his place.

hugepatsfan
11-16-2017, 02:13 PM
Itís time to drop Okafor from that list of young core on the Sixers. Put TLC/Holmes/TJ in his place.

TLC is young with room to grow but I don't think Holmes or TJ belong on lists of "core" players. They're 20ish minutes/game players, if that even. It'd be like me listing Daniel Theis as a "core" piece for BOS because he's been very solid as a back of the rotation guy for us. Nah, he ain't no core piece.

mightybosstone
11-16-2017, 02:16 PM

Fair point, but I was mainly trying to highlight the main contributing bigs and high-profile guys on each team. Regardless of who I add at the end of Philly's list, those guys aren't going to have a huge impact on anyone's rankings.

Green_Monster
11-16-2017, 02:17 PM
With Kyrie still being 25 and the Celtics playing great I think you have to put them ahead. Brown and Tatum look great, and Smart is solid. Guys like Rozier, Theis, and Ojeleye have contributed a good amount as well. Not a part of the core but good rotation guys.

Giannis94
11-16-2017, 02:17 PM
lol at you guys putting oden jr on the 76ers core. but not Jabari on the bucks. Jabari has played in 151 games vs. his 43. uhhhhh something doesn't add up here. Sure, Oden jr may have a higher ceiling. But that isn't the point.

warfelg
11-16-2017, 02:39 PM
TLC is young with room to grow but I don't think Holmes or TJ belong on lists of "core" players. They're 20ish minutes/game players, if that even. It'd be like me listing Daniel Theis as a "core" piece for BOS because he's been very solid as a back of the rotation guy for us. Nah, he ain't no core piece.

If thatís the measuring stick then the guy that didnít have his 4th year option picked up surely doesnít belong.

FlashBolt
11-16-2017, 02:42 PM
I see a lot of players who are just going to be okay but not a superstar. If we can select the ones with true superstar potential, it's obvious: Sixers have two. Two really excellent top 10 players. I mean, Celtics sound good with Jaylen Brown+Taytum but I think that's Brad Stevens just working his magic. You can't stop a 7 feet Hakeem Olajuwon reincarnation in today's league. And you sure as hell won't stop a near 7 foot point guard who is being mentored by LeBron James. And this Robert Covington guy is like Klay Thompson on steroids right now.

hugepatsfan
11-16-2017, 02:47 PM
If thatís the measuring stick then the guy that didnít have his 4th year option picked up surely doesnít belong.

Definitely not. No argument from me there haha

sixer04fan
11-16-2017, 02:56 PM
Cant wait to revisit this thread 3 years from now and see the Sixers young core blowing everyone else on this list away. Sorry to the rest of the league. Itís not even gonna be close

TheDish87
11-16-2017, 03:03 PM
who would have thought that if you tank away half a decade you would get good young players?

from a wolves fan lolololol

Hawkeye15
11-16-2017, 03:03 PM
Cant wait to revisit this thread 3 years from now and see the Sixers young core blowing everyone else on this list away. Sorry to the rest of the league. Itís not even gonna be close

who would have thought that if you tank away half a decade you would get good young players?

LongIslandIcedZ
11-16-2017, 03:06 PM
Fultz can never play again, and I'm still rolling with Philly.

Embiid/Simmons, health permitting, win this.

sixer04fan
11-16-2017, 04:45 PM

People who trusted the process thought that

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-16-2017, 04:58 PM
Fultz can never play again, and I'm still rolling with Philly.

Embiid/Simmons, health permitting, win this.

Embiid/Simmons is scary good. But still it all hinges on Embiid trying to stay healthy. Makes 76ers future a bit murky. Bucks in similar territory with injury prone Parker.

mrblisterdundee
11-16-2017, 04:59 PM
I see a lot of players who are just going to be okay but not a superstar. If we can select the ones with true superstar potential, it's obvious: Sixers have two. Two really excellent top 10 players. I mean, Celtics sound good with Jaylen Brown+Taytum but I think that's Brad Stevens just working his magic.
You can't stop a 7 feet Hakeem Olajuwon reincarnation in today's league. And you sure as hell won't stop a near 7 foot point guard who is being mentored by LeBron James. And this Robert Covington guy is like Klay Thompson on steroids right now.

The Celtics did stop Embiid when they first played Oct. 20. He only had 11 points while shooting 25 percent and going zero for six from three and had as many turnovers as assists. Simmons didn't have a particularly good night either, although a bad night from him and Embiid still means a double-double.
But I think Embiid and Simmons were just getting settled in after not having played for a long time. It'll be interesting to see how things go when they play Nov. 30. I get the feeling Embiid is going to dominate everyone the Celtics throw at him, be it Baynes or Horford. Boston definitely doesn't anyone else to check him. Simmons and Covington, meanwhile, are going to keep Brown and Tatum plenty busy. I think the game will come down to guard play, with the edge to Boston because of Kyrie.

Vee-Rex
11-16-2017, 05:01 PM
Philly fans better be thanking the universe that Embiid's foot was messed up prior to the draft or he'd be with the Cavs. And I doubt they trade a healthy Embiid for Kevin Love.

Giannis94
11-16-2017, 05:09 PM
Embiid/Simmons is scary good. But still it all hinges on Embiid trying to stay healthy. Makes 76ers future a bit murky. Bucks in similar territory with injury prone Parker.

Not just Oden Jr. Let's not forget Simmons missed a full season as well

IndyRealist
11-16-2017, 05:15 PM
How many constitutes a core? The Pacers should be on here somewhere

Myles Turner, Domantas Sabonis, Victor Oladipo, Glenn Robinson III, TJ Leaf

FlashBolt
11-16-2017, 05:17 PM
How many constitutes a core? The Pacers should be on here somewhere

Myles Turner, Domantas Sabonis, Victor Oladipo, Glenn Robinson III, TJ Leaf

None of which have any superstar talent. Turner is a beast but he's not on the franchise-changing talent that these other teams have.

Scoots
11-16-2017, 05:17 PM

Yeah, but the OP said "right now"

TheDish87
11-16-2017, 05:18 PM
The Celtics did stop Embiid when they first played Oct. 20. He only had 11 points while shooting 25 percent and going zero for six from three and had as many turnovers as assists. Simmons didn't have a particularly good night either, although a bad night from him and Embiid still means a double-double.
But I think Embiid and Simmons were just getting settled in after not having played for a long time. It'll be interesting to see how things go when they play Nov. 30. I get the feeling Embiid is going to dominate everyone the Celtics throw at him, be it Baynes or Horford. Boston definitely doesn't anyone else to check him. Simmons and Covington, meanwhile, are going to keep Brown and Tatum plenty busy. I think the game will come down to guard play, with the edge to Boston because of Kyrie.

the C's game was the weirdest of Embiids career so far. No to take away from you guys but Embiid is the reason Embiid played bad. no idea why he kept jacking 3s when he would score in the post with ease.

IndyRealist
11-16-2017, 05:26 PM
None of which have any superstar talent. Turner is a beast but he's not on the franchise-changing talent that these other teams have.

As opposed to the Suns?

sixer04fan
11-16-2017, 05:29 PM
the C's game was the weirdest of Embiids career so far. No to take away from you guys but Embiid is the reason Embiid played bad. no idea why he kept jacking 3s when he would score in the post with ease.

Yeah, I mean no player at Embiidís age or level of basketball playing experience is going to be super consistent. Any young player has bad games here and there. Like the Celtics game.

That being said... Heís still averaging 23/11/4 this year in 29 minutes per game haha. Even with some ďbadĒ games. So absurd.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-16-2017, 05:34 PM
Once Embiid cleans up the turnovers and shot selection and ticky tack fouls and stay healthy he should be Hakeem.

PAOboston
11-16-2017, 05:53 PM
I'll say Philly and the C's.

Philly- Embiid & Simmons. Even if Fultz never plays again or amounts to nothing those 2 look to be legit assuming good health.

Cs- Kyrie, Brown, Tatum and whoever they get in the lottery as a blue chip prospect this year or next. Kyrie has talent to take next step to superstar status. Brown/Tatum look promising as future all star types.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
11-16-2017, 06:38 PM
Philly fans better be thanking the universe that Embiid's foot was messed up prior to the draft or he'd be with the Cavs. And I doubt they trade a healthy Embiid for Kevin Love.

yup... i was screaming from the rooftops how embiid should have gone 1 and how the sixers got a steal

Hawkeye15
11-16-2017, 07:53 PM
from a wolves fan lolololol

What difference does that make to the clear point I am making. The Sixers had a process, it was to literally toss away multiple seasons, hoard picks, and try and hit gold. It may have worked, time will tell. Very unsexy, probably pissed a lot of fairweather fans off, is what it is.

SirSkyHook
11-16-2017, 07:59 PM
Hard to honestly assess Lakers young core because there not given the opportunity to show there true value. Luke is not a player development type coach. If your already proven than he can do something for you otherwise your screwed under him, and even than it may not matter look at Lopez this year. If Luke had KAT, Embiid, Wiggins, Booker, insert talented player here, and Brandon or Ball were in a different situation than this poll would look different. Look at D'angelo Russel, hell look at last night! Brandon has it going and how many plays were ran through him to at least attempt to match Embiid's production? BI was burning anyone including Simmons who guarded him, but fourth quarter he's forced to spread the ball around for the best shot rather than enforce his will on the game, and maybe get to the line and get some points on the board like Embiid down the stretch. Embiid had 4 fouls with like 4 or 5 minutes to play and BI and Kuz were attacking him earlier with no fear! Luke didn't care much.

Luke even constantly benches our players for not having a good first 3 quarters Like Ball last night or BI occasionally. Was he not Kobe's teammate? Did he not witness TO A STAR not role player like himself but TO A STAR, three quarters of **** doesn't mean the game is over for them because of their will to be great! Luke dosent run sets for them to put them in the best position to succeed ether! No plays! He wants a free flowing system where anyone at any time can be a threat. That tell you right there how he values his players or star players, what stars can thrive in a system that tell you your not really needed? There has been videos dating back to preseason last year where that showed BI dogging his teammates in one on one drills, at 19!!! Yet Luke didnt free him until Magic took over the end of last year. When B.I has a good game scoring, he puts in other scorers that take the ball out his hand to create a free flowing offense which he wants regardless if that's what the team needs or not. He's stated a lot this season that iso ball is not where he wants to go with the team, so Imagine he's coaching the sixers last night. I feel he would have told Embiid to get his teammates more envolved, and stop that iso ****, while Coach Brown would have told B.I ripped them a new one , they cant guard you! and told the rest of the team to stay ready and move off the ball if he's doubled. Luke would be than talking about how much a monster B.I is.

One more thing and I'll rest my case. The last game against the Suns B.I was like 2-7 or some **** like that and did a lot of little things to win toward the end finished with 9 points. They asked Luke about B.I shooting and he said does'nt matter he's playing the way we want him to play. By taking 9 shots!!! B.I is a scorer first, but also good enough to get his teammates involved. Anyone hear Earl Watson today on how he dealt with Booker? He told him to take 20 plus shots because he knew he wouldn't, but it gave him the confidence to shot. Now we can laugh and mock that he got fired, but what did it do for Booker's game? and many say Booker is the better player?

Until Luke plays to the strengths of his players we may never know just how good our players truly are. Lonzo should be our first option on offense 80% of the time in the fast break and quick sets like high screens by the three to give him room to operate. B.I should be our second option on the break and first option in half court sets to do as he pleases. Kuz should be the third option with cuts to the rim and coming of screens for shots and open threes. If Luke did that for his players than we would know what we have because he would be playing to their strengths, like other coaches are playing to their players strength for good or worse because they need to see if they have something special. They way Luke coaches we only get glimpses hear and there, because he instills no real confidence in his players.

That was like two more things.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX1jdVuux9o .

Check the 3:05 mark on the clip. Ingram wants to take the shot because he feels he has the advantage over Simmons, and look at Luke yelling at him to move the ball after he had it for like two seconds with a fresh 24 on the clock.Gald he didnt listen, but anyone every wander why Ingram only shots 2 to 3 times in most fourth quarters. Imagine Embiid in that position under Luke.

Giannis94
11-16-2017, 08:50 PM
yup... i was screaming from the rooftops how embiid should have gone 1 and how the sixers got a steal
So are bucks fans! Jabari >Oden jr

More-Than-Most
11-16-2017, 09:12 PM
So are bucks fans! Jabari >Oden jr

lol i love that you are back... sorry but embiid does things Gia will never ever be able to touch... you better hope the dude gets injured because as long as he is healthy gia will never ever be the best player in basketball.

5ass
11-17-2017, 12:53 AM
Embeast

ldawg
11-17-2017, 01:30 AM
We trying man show Lakers young core a little love

kobe4thewinbang
11-17-2017, 01:45 AM
Hard to honestly assess Lakers young core because there not given the opportunity to show there true value. Luke is not a player development type coach. If your already proven than he can do something for you otherwise your screwed under him, and even than it may not matter look at Lopez this year. If Luke had KAT, Embiid, Wiggins, Booker, insert talented player here, and Brandon or Ball were in a different situation than this poll would look different. Look at D'angelo Russel, hell look at last night! Brandon has it going and how many plays were ran through him to at least attempt to match Embiid's production? BI was burning anyone including Simmons who guarded him, but fourth quarter he's forced to spread the ball around for the best shot rather than enforce his will on the game, and maybe get to the line and get some points on the board like Embiid down the stretch. Embiid had 4 fouls with like 4 or 5 minutes to play and BI and Kuz were attacking him earlier with no fear! Luke didn't care much.

Luke even constantly benches our players for not having a good first 3 quarters Like Ball last night or BI occasionally. Was he not Kobe's teammate? Did he not witness TO A STAR not role player like himself but TO A STAR, three quarters of **** doesn't mean the game is over for them because of their will to be great! Luke dosent run sets for them to put them in the best position to succeed ether! No plays! He wants a free flowing system where anyone at any time can be a threat. That tell you right there how he values his players or star players, what stars can thrive in a system that tell you your not really needed? There has been videos dating back to preseason last year where that showed BI dogging his teammates in one on one drills, at 19!!! Yet Luke didnt free him until Magic took over the end of last year. When B.I has a good game scoring, he puts in other scorers that take the ball out his hand to create a free flowing offense which he wants regardless if that's what the team needs or not. He's stated a lot this season that iso ball is not where he wants to go with the team, so Imagine he's coaching the sixers last night. I feel he would have told Embiid to get his teammates more envolved, and stop that iso ****, while Coach Brown would have told B.I ripped them a new one , they cant guard you! and told the rest of the team to stay ready and move off the ball if he's doubled. Luke would be than talking about how much a monster B.I is.

One more thing and I'll rest my case. The last game against the Suns B.I was like 2-7 or some **** like that and did a lot of little things to win toward the end finished with 9 points. They asked Luke about B.I shooting and he said does'nt matter he's playing the way we want him to play. By taking 9 shots!!! B.I is a scorer first, but also good enough to get his teammates involved. Anyone hear Earl Watson today on how he dealt with Booker? He told him to take 20 plus shots because he knew he wouldn't, but it gave him the confidence to shot. Now we can laugh and mock that he got fired, but what did it do for Booker's game? and many say Booker is the better player?

Until Luke plays to the strengths of his players we may never know just how good our players truly are. Lonzo should be our first option on offense 80% of the time in the fast break and quick sets like high screens by the three to give him room to operate. B.I should be our second option on the break and first option in half court sets to do as he pleases. Kuz should be the third option with cuts to the rim and coming of screens for shots and open threes. If Luke did that for his players than we would know what we have because he would be playing to their strengths, like other coaches are playing to their players strength for good or worse because they need to see if they have something special. They way Luke coaches we only get glimpses hear and there, because he instills no real confidence in his players.

That was like two more things.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX1jdVuux9o .

Check the 3:05 mark on the clip. Ingram wants to take the shot because he feels he has the advantage over Simmons, and look at Luke yelling at him to move the ball after he had it for like two seconds with a fresh 24 on the clock.Gald he didnt listen, but anyone every wander why Ingram only shots 2 to 3 times in most fourth quarters. Imagine Embiid in that position under Luke.:clap:

goingfor28
11-17-2017, 02:23 AM
Philly is probably my favorite team to watch play right now. So much young talent.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PickleRick
11-17-2017, 09:20 AM
Philly
Boston
Minnesota

TheDish87
11-17-2017, 09:36 AM
What difference does that make to the clear point I am making. The Sixers had a process, it was to literally toss away multiple seasons, hoard picks, and try and hit gold. It may have worked, time will tell. Very unsexy, probably pissed a lot of fairweather fans off, is what it is.

didnt take long for them to run back as fast as they could. we went from the media devils to the media darlings. i mean, we could have done it the wolves way, but that never has worked.

Giannis94
11-17-2017, 10:42 AM
lol i love that you are back... sorry but embiid does things Gia will never ever be able to touch... you better hope the dude gets injured because as long as he is healthy gia will never ever be the best player in basketball.

Things like....missing 215 games in 3 seasons. Holy ****. Npt even I could do that. If you put me on the 76ers, I definitley am playing in 32 games at least. Like wow. Based on AEV (Average embiid value); Giannis is worth 1.5 million. HMD. Go back to the worst city in the states. And continue throwing batteries and snow balls at santa while you get coal for christmass. Or in your case, more injured basketball players that keep the tank going forever and ever.

JAZZNC
11-17-2017, 01:41 PM
Things like....missing 215 games in 3 seasons. Holy ****. Npt even I could do that. If you put me on the 76ers, I definitley am playing in 32 games at least. Like wow. Based on AEV (Average embiid value); Giannis is worth 1.5 million. HMD. Go back to the worst city in the states. And continue throwing batteries and snow balls at santa while you get coal for christmass. Or in your case, more injured basketball players that keep the tank going forever and ever.

I have no idea why anyone thought it was a good idea to let you come back...ugh.

But the answer to this question is easily the 76ers. They have the highest ceiling with TWO players. I feel like the Bucks are next just because if Giannis, he's that good and just keeps getting better. The Celtics next, I feel like Kyrie is basically a finished product and Brown and Tatum look like nice players but they aren't on the level of guys like Embiid, Simmons, and Giannis. Talent wins and I feel like the Bucks and Sixers have the highest level of talent/potential given health with their top players.

sixer04fan
11-17-2017, 01:41 PM
Sixers are the future of the east. Obviously Boston is better right now and there is no denying they have very legitimate young talent. Theyíll battle it out for a year or two, with Boston having the advantage right now, and then the Sixers will overtake take them and own the conference.

Giannis94
11-17-2017, 01:55 PM
I have no idea why anyone thought it was a good idea to let you come back...ugh.

But the answer to this question is easily the 76ers. They have the highest ceiling with TWO players. I feel like the Bucks are next just because if Giannis, he's that good and just keeps getting better. The Celtics next, I feel like Kyrie is basically a finished product and Brown and Tatum look like nice players but they aren't on the level of guys like Embiid, Simmons, and Giannis. Talent wins and I feel like the Bucks and Sixers have the highest level of talent/potential given health with their top players.

Yo. I was never gone. I was never banned. WTF you talking about. Fake news. I assume PSD's version of CNN is behind the idea that I was banned. I wasn't. Nice try at a smear campaign.

Giannis94
11-17-2017, 01:56 PM
Sixers are the future of the east. Obviously Boston is better right now and there is no denying they have very legitimate young talent. Theyíll battle it out for a year or two, with Boston having the advantage right now, and then the Sixers will overtake take them and own the conference.

Looks at username. **definitley no bias.

Side note: Giannis and Embiid aren't comparable. That's like comparing superman and a regular human. Not even in the same category. Now stay on track, young buck. we're talking Jabari and Embiid. Who also aren't that comparable, but more in line.

warfelg
11-17-2017, 02:05 PM
Your right, we're disrespecting Embiid by mentioning him in the same breath with any Bucks player.

sixer04fan
11-17-2017, 02:05 PM
Looks at username. **definitley no bias.

Side note: Giannis and Embiid aren't comparable. That's like comparing superman and a regular human. Not even in the same category. Now stay on track, young buck. we're talking Jabari and Embiid. Who also aren't that comparable, but more in line.

Whoís Jabari? I honestly donít know who youíre talking about. Making up players now?

warfelg
11-17-2017, 02:09 PM

I think Boston can keep a slight edge (possibly) if they get a center high in this next draft. Horford is good right now, but 31, closer to the back 9 of his career than the 1st tee, that limits the window if they don't have a replacement ready.

sixer04fan
11-17-2017, 02:12 PM
Making up players? Says the fan of a team that had 3 rookies go 0/246 in games played their first season in the NBA. That's just facts. You can report my post. But you can't report facts.

Youíre all over the place. I have no interest in reporting you. I just donít know who Jabari is. Sorry

Giannis94
11-17-2017, 02:16 PM
Whoís Jabari? I honestly donít know who youíre talking about. Making up players now?

Making up players? Says the fan of a team that had 3 rookies go 0/246 in games played their first season in the NBA. That's just facts. You can report my post. But you can't report facts.

warfelg
11-17-2017, 02:35 PM
I think the big key is what they do after Horford cap space wise. Depending on how they handle these next couple of years they should be in position to add a max or near-max player with that cap space. Brown will be a RFA that they can use bird rights to extend over the cap. Hayward will have a player option for $34M and wouldn't be surprised if they work something out where he signs an extension through his 30s but lowers that cap number for one year.

Also, the Celtics could stay away from a max that offseason, let Hayward play his year out and then be in position for AD the next year.

That all seems scrambled thoughts but it's tough to solidly forecast cap situations 3 or 4 years away. But the point is a large part of their future depends on how they transition on from Horford and his salary slot.

Yea it's tough, and you never know what can happen between now and then. Don't forget Kyrie's extension too. It's why I think whatever pick comes from the Fultz trade should be a center for you guys.

Next couple of years is going to be very interesting for you guys.

hugepatsfan
11-17-2017, 02:35 PM
I think Boston can keep a slight edge (possibly) if they get a center high in this next draft. Horford is good right now, but 31, closer to the back 9 of his career than the 1st tee, that limits the window if they don't have a replacement ready.

I think the big key is what they do after Horford cap space wise. Depending on how they handle these next couple of years they should be in position to add a max or near-max player with that cap space. Brown will be a RFA that they can use bird rights to extend over the cap. Hayward will have a player option for $34M and wouldn't be surprised if they work something out where he signs an extension through his 30s but lowers that cap number for one year.

Also, the Celtics could stay away from a max that offseason, let Hayward play his year out and then be in position for AD the next year.

That all seems scrambled thoughts but it's tough to solidly forecast cap situations 3 or 4 years away. But the point is a large part of their future depends on how they transition on from Horford and his salary slot.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-17-2017, 02:50 PM

Can Celtics keep their core 5 together? Ya got Hayward on a max. Brown and Tatum will fetch a max a few years down the pike. Then ya got Irving and Horford.

hugepatsfan
11-17-2017, 03:12 PM
Can Celtics keep their core 5 together? Ya got Hayward on a max. Brown and Tatum will fetch a max a few years down the pike. Then ya got Irving and Horford.

Horford's contract has 2 years plus a player option he will obviously accept. That year he's a free agent is when Brown becomes an RFA and a potential extension would kick in. Tatum is on year behind that. So Horford's time being a max player doesn't really coincide with the eventual extensions for Brown/Tatum.

Hayward is kind of a wildcard. He will have a player option 3 years from now going into his age 30 season. He can opt in for $34.2M and then hit FA the next year going into his age 31 season. I could really see that either way. He might want to opt out and secure a 4 or 5 year max if he thinks he can get it but he could also just take the $34M if he doesn't see that out there for him (remains to be seen what the NBA salary cap landscape will be at that point).

The Celtics will give Kyrie the max to keep him assuming he wants to stay. Tatum/Brown will get theirs too because they'll be in their prime. Horford doesn't factor in. If ownership doesn't want to foot the bill then Hayward will be allowed to walk once he's in his 30s. Honestly, I can see them letting him go anyway and using that max slot on a younger player anyway.

Iversonfan4life
11-17-2017, 04:03 PM
I don't think Jaylen Brown will demand a max when the time comes. Taytum probably will though.

Giannis94
11-17-2017, 04:47 PM
Youíre all over the place. I have no interest in reporting you. I just donít know who Jabari is. Sorry

I'm all over the place? lolol not sure if serious.

homie564
11-17-2017, 04:58 PM
I don't think Jaylen Brown will demand a max when the time comes. Taytum probably will though.

Brown has the higher ceiling. Thereís true superstar potential with Brown as was evident last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iversonfan4life
11-17-2017, 05:12 PM
Brown has the higher ceiling. Thereís true superstar potential with Brown as was evident last night

More athleticism doesn't mean more potential. Don't get hung up on one game, especially one where he shot 7-18. I see a superb 3&D player down the road something like a more athletic and worse shooting Robert Covington.

Tatum has the one on one skills/pull up jumper that Brown will likely never posses.

Both are very good and the Celtics are lucky to have them.

homie564
11-17-2017, 05:27 PM
More athleticism doesn't mean more potential. Don't get hung up on one game, especially one where he shot 7-18. I see a superb 3&D player down the road something like a more athletic and worse shooting Robert Covington.

Tatum has the one on one skills/pull up jumper that Brown will likely never posses.

Both are very good and the Celtics are lucky to have them.

Hasnít just been one game at all... heís taken a monstrous leap this year. He looks like he can be a legitimate star

PickleRick
11-17-2017, 08:24 PM
Man, this turned into a pissing match real quick.

More-Than-Most
11-17-2017, 08:41 PM
Your right, we're disrespecting Embiid by mentioning him in the same breath with any Bucks player.

pretty much this... id never trade embiid for giannis.

Giannis94
11-17-2017, 09:14 PM
pretty much this... id never trade embiid for giannis.

Lol. Philly the city itself doesnít have the pieces for Giannis. Toss in the Phillies, Eagles (wentz included), and pats and Genos and yíall still come up short. Not enough. Offer all the above and Iím turning down those plus an injuryís prone player for Giannis

Giannis94
11-17-2017, 09:23 PM
I see a lot of players who are just going to be okay but not a superstar. If we can select the ones with true superstar potential, it's obvious: Sixers have two. Two really excellent top 10 players. I mean, Celtics sound good with Jaylen Brown+Taytum but I think that's Brad Stevens just working his magic. You can't stop a 7 feet Hakeem Olajuwon reincarnation in today's league. And you sure as hell won't stop a near 7 foot point guard who is being mentored by LeBron James. And this Robert Covington guy is like Klay Thompson on steroids right now.
Lol this reminds me of when he jahova witnesses knock on my door and I shut it. Except you opened the door and talk . And then convert. And MTM is the one knocking and doing the talking. So nice going mtm . You should do that more often

warfelg
11-17-2017, 10:32 PM
And I wouldn't want Giannis for all of that. 0 interest in him.

FlashBolt
11-18-2017, 02:20 AM
Giannis is playing better than Embiid, is younger, and never has been injured. Sorry, guys. He's above Embiid until otherwise proven.

More-Than-Most
11-18-2017, 02:54 AM
Giannis is playing better than Embiid, is younger, and never has been injured. Sorry, guys. He's above Embiid until otherwise proven.

No doubt he is better right now... Is he playing better though? Embiid is amazing offensively but what he does on defense out weighs everyone else so much and the on/off floor shows just that.... Health is the issue but embiid ceiling is higher than Giannis because of his shooting/defense... Embiid can do everything Giannis can do... Gia cant do everything embiid can do... Atleast not yet.

Embiid plays 9 less minutes a game right now or so.

Giannis94
11-18-2017, 02:34 PM
No doubt he is better right now... Is he playing better though? Embiid is amazing offensively but what he does on defense out weighs everyone else so much and the on/off floor shows just that.... Health is the issue but embiid ceiling is higher than Giannis because of his shooting/defense... Embiid can do everything Giannis can do... Gia cant do everything embiid can do... Atleast not yet.

Embiid plays 9 less minutes a game right now or so.

Scambiid can't hold Giannis's jock. Scambiid can't play PG-C; and he certainly isn't half the playmaker of giannis. At AEV (Average Scambiid Value)- Giannis is worth $1.50 Billion. giannis would have to miss the next 215 games to be comparable with Scambiid. The only advantage scambiid has on giannis is that he talks a ton, and has no reason to talk crap. Scambiid's ceiling is that of Oden. Whic he doesn't even deserve to be compared to at this point.

warfelg
11-18-2017, 02:40 PM

And that's fine. I have no problem with someone that says that. I still wouldn't give up Embiid for Giannis. I know the P word can be a dirty word, but Embiid's potential is still second to none. When he get's his post game moving a little quicker and he cleans up his TOs there's a potential for every game to be like the Lakers game. On court he's got some of that Kobe/Jordan in him where he'll take and little comment as a personal slight and want to lay it on an opponent.

Giannis94
11-18-2017, 03:03 PM
its okay war . we can agree to disagree. i'm just trying to make PSD great again. like MTM is.

hugepatsfan
11-18-2017, 03:04 PM
If I'm Philly I wouldn't trade Embiid for Giannis. The potential with Embiid is so immense and they already have Simmons whose potential is amazing as well but whose game is kind of duplicate with Giannis.

If we did a fantasy draft I'd take Giannis over Embiid but in the context of team situation, I really would gamble on what Philly has in Embiid complementing Simmons. He's not proven to be better but projection is the name of the game in team-building and I believe in what PHI has.