PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Lebron Sweepstakes: Who ya got?

Pages : [1] 2

Giannis94
11-09-2017, 12:56 PM
Serious question?. I think that it is erroneous to think that he will return to the Cavs, when he has a golden ticket out- of a massive mess that he has created (well, a long with Gilbert). So while he is probably responsible for more than of the situation than we'd like to admit, he has a ticket out.

So with that being said, I think its entirely valid to talk about which team will sign him. I don't see him returning.

Lets break it down:

Non-contenders:

LAL ( switch the A with an O and it still means the same thing)
Brooklyn
ATL
NYK
Dally
PHX (unless the bledsoe trade speeds things up like the GM says)
Philly
CHI
INDY
CHA
DET
UT
LALC
MEM
ORL
Wash
SAC

Maybe?

NOP
POR (Lill, MC, LBJ would be sexy)
Den
Miami (never count out Pat)
Minny (do they have cap?)

Immediate consideration:

GSW: Not a doubt in my mind they are the favorite and most realistic spot
HOU
BOS
Bos
MKE
SA

I was tempted to put Boston in the maybe category. But really, it depends if Lebron would humble himself. And mend the relationship with Kyrie. But he seems so egotistical, that I feel like they are not a serious fit. The Bucks make a lot of sense because a core of Giannis, Middleton, Beldsoe, LBJ, and Broggy would be lit. Houston also makes a lot of sense on paper. and so does SA as who wouldn't like to play for pop. Yey I see GSW being the most realistic based on past trends on what we know about LBJ. And ya know what? LBJ has createda Big 3 before, so he has to be intrigued by creating a "Big 5". Not a doubt in my mind.

Who you guys got?

WaDe03
11-09-2017, 01:01 PM
He's teaming up with BAE!

Giannis94
11-09-2017, 01:04 PM
He's teaming up with BAE!

*playing second, third, or foruth fiddle* depends on who gets more touches between him, middleton and bledsoe

LA4life24/8
11-09-2017, 01:11 PM
You cant really think hes gonna join GSW...

1.) Where does the money come from?
2.) He wants to build a team to beat them
3.) Honestly no one knkws where hes goin, he doesn't even know yet.

But w as abyssmal as cleveland has looked so far i won't be shocked if he moves on.

warfelg
11-09-2017, 01:13 PM
How about narrowing down to the few teams with cap space first?

Giannis94
11-09-2017, 01:18 PM
How about narrowing down to the few teams with cap space first?

Most teams can create apace by dumping contracts with future unprotected picks and players.

Giannis94
11-09-2017, 01:20 PM
You cant really think hes gonna join GSW...

1.) Where does the money come from?
2.) He wants to build a team to beat them
3.) Honestly no one knkws where hes goin, he doesn't even know yet.

But w as abyssmal as cleveland has looked so far i won't be shocked if he moves on.

Money comes from lbj taking a vet min contract. I honestly think besting MJ in titles is more important to him than $$ when he makes tons on endorsements. I'm not so sure about #2. Is he competing with the warriors? Or MJ?

Giannis94
11-09-2017, 01:23 PM
He's still the best player in the world by a good margin.

Knicks fans beg to differ

warfelg
11-09-2017, 01:25 PM
Lots of teams are in the tax and would need to dump in the $40-50 mil of contracts to have the space. Won’t happen.

WaDe03
11-09-2017, 01:27 PM
*playing second, third, or foruth fiddle* depends on who gets more touches between him, middleton and bledsoe

He's still the best player in the world by a good margin.

mightybosstone
11-09-2017, 01:41 PM
Your list makes zero sense. You didn't account for fit, cap space or his actual motivations to play in those places. Assuming he doesn't want to play in LA is totally asinine. The guy lives there and clearly has an eye on a career after he retires, so moving out there now permanently and building on that career makes a ton of sense. I'd unquestionably put LA (whether it's the Lakers or Clippers) in my top five most likely destinations.

Also, there's basically zero chance he ends up in Golden State. The guy knows how much the Heat move hurt his public image, and this would be even worse than that. Plus, they don't have remotely enough cap room to make this work, and unless they're willing to give up one of their core pieces, Cleveland has zero motivation to help them with a sign and trade.

Assuming they can actually make cap room for him, Houston, Boston and San Antonio all actually make sense. But I love how you conveniently put Milwaukee into the conversation. Take your homer glasses off for a second: Why in the hell does Lebron go to Milwaukee? They're not remotely close to contention right now, he's not especially close to any of those guys and it's a ridiculously small market. I'd put his odds of ending up a Buck at less than 1 percent.

mightybosstone
11-09-2017, 01:49 PM
I just Googled it, and here are some Vegas lines on Lebron's likely destination in 2018-19:

Cleveland Cavaliers +125
Los Angeles Lakers +275
Houston Rockets +500
Minnesota Timberwolves +1000
San Antonio Spurs +1200
Golden State Warriors +1600
Philadelphia 76ers +2000
Oklahoma City Thunder +2500
Boston Celtics +2500
Charlotte Hornets +3300
Miami Heat +3300
New Orleans Pelicans +3300
Milwaukee Bucks +3300
Chicago Bulls +5000
Los Angeles Clippers +5000
Denver Nuggets +5000
Washington Wizards +5000
Memphis Grizzlies +5000
New York Knicks +5000
Portland Trail Blazers +6600
Toronto Raptors +6600
Atlanta Hawks +10000
Brooklyn Nets +10000
Dallas Mavericks +10000
Detroit Pistons +10000
Indiana Pacers +10000
Orlando Magic +10000
Phoenix Suns +10000
Sacramento Kings +10000
Utah Jazz +10000

Some interesting things to note here:
1. The top 5 make sense to me. Although Minnesota's got to get a hell of a lot better to lure him in a small market like that.
2. Golden State at No. 6 still seems high. It seems like Vegas is banking on rings playing a huge role, but I still don't see it.
3. Charlotte getting the same odds as Miami, New Orleans and Milwaukee at No. 10 seems odd to me. What would motivate Lebron to play there? Does he have some ties in that community I don't know about?
5. The Clippers and Knicks coming in at +5,000 seem like pretty damn good odds to me. Accounting for the markets, I'd easily put both of those squads in my top 10.

mngopher35
11-09-2017, 02:15 PM
Hopefully GS, that would be so much fun!

warfelg
11-09-2017, 02:16 PM
I just Googled it, and here are some Vegas lines on Lebron's likely destination in 2018-19:

Cleveland Cavaliers +125
Los Angeles Lakers +275
Houston Rockets +500
San Antonio Spurs +1200
Philadelphia 76ers +2000
Boston Celtics +2500
Charlotte Hornets +3300
Miami Heat +3300
Milwaukee Bucks +3300
Chicago Bulls +5000
Denver Nuggets +5000
Washington Wizards +5000
Memphis Grizzlies +5000
New York Knicks +5000
Toronto Raptors +6600
Atlanta Hawks +10000
Brooklyn Nets +10000
Dallas Mavericks +10000
Detroit Pistons +10000
Indiana Pacers +10000
Orlando Magic +10000
Phoenix Suns +10000
Sacramento Kings +10000
Utah Jazz +10000

1. The top 5 make sense to me. Although Minnesota's got to get a hell of a lot better to lure him in a small market like that.
2. Golden State at No. 6 still seems high. It seems like Vegas is banking on rings playing a huge role, but I still don't see it.
3. Charlotte getting the same odds as Miami, New Orleans and Milwaukee at No. 10 seems odd to me. What would motivate Lebron to play there? Does he have some ties in that community I don't know about?
5. The Clippers and Knicks coming in at +5,000 seem like pretty damn good odds to me. Accounting for the markets, I'd easily put both of those squads in my top 10.

Again...kinda ignores cap situations. I don’t think Minnesota could move enough money. GSW won’t. Rockets would need to move a boatload of money.

mngopher35
11-09-2017, 02:17 PM
^ I think the idea behind the odds is that if lebron wants to leave he could force himself somewhere via sign and trade (assuming cavs would rather take something than nothing and not hold some huge grudge).

Therefore teams with a lot of talent are most likely because he probably isn't leaving for a bad team/situation

warfelg
11-09-2017, 02:29 PM
The issue with that is sending out matching contracts usually means you end up giving up something of quality with contracts. Meaning a S&T that brings LBJ to Minny would mean losing at least Wiggy/Butler/KAT.

Chronz
11-09-2017, 02:31 PM
Prolly anywhere but GS. He ain't her

prodigy
11-09-2017, 02:32 PM
Money comes from lbj taking a vet min contract. I honestly think besting MJ in titles is more important to him than $$ when he makes tons on endorsements. I'm not so sure about #2. Is he competing with the warriors? Or MJ?

Lebron will never ever ever ever ever do that. This comment tells me you know nothing about Lebron. He has whined and complained for years when he wasn't the highest payed player on the team. Also taking 33 million a year from him home town team that he complains needs more pieces lol.

Lebron will never take a pay cut. max dollars no matter where he goes.

Nobody really knows where he is going. Cavs, Lakers are the only real teams In my opinion. But only Lakers if he is done contending titles and just wants to live in LA year round. Which sounds dumb since he can do that in a few years when he retires lol.

Been through other threads where i went through every bit on news on this subject.

prodigy
11-09-2017, 02:34 PM
The issue with that is sending out matching contracts usually means you end up giving up something of quality with contracts. Meaning a S&T that brings LBJ to Minny would mean losing at least Wiggy/Butler/KAT.

If Lebron is truly interested on retiring early and joining the Lakers i would hope he would at least do a sign and trade so he doesn't leave the Cavs hanging again. Kuzma will be a must lol.

prodigy
11-09-2017, 02:36 PM
If KP continues this superatar/mvp pace all season, LeBron might come to the Knicks.

Need more then just KP.

rhymeratic
11-09-2017, 02:38 PM
If KP continues this superatar/mvp pace all season, LeBron might come to the Knicks.

prodigy
11-09-2017, 02:38 PM
Fine I'll say it, PG13 & Lebron coming to LAL.

Ur not the first to say it lol. I think Ball needs to play much better. Lets say Ball continues the whole season shooting around 35% and not really helping the team at all. I don't think Lebron going there. to much of a risk. West is too strong, seems like suicide. Unless of course he's done contending. Him and George are not beating GS. Or prob the rockets or healthy Spurs.

GREATNESS ONE
11-09-2017, 02:39 PM
Fine I'll say it, PG13 & Lebron coming to LAL.

mngopher35
11-09-2017, 02:40 PM

Yup something would need to be figured out asset wise. Dieng is hopefully still moveable, taj would be expiring, wiggins will have big contract and add in Patton (rookie hasn't played) and firsts. Obviously would want to see if any way not to include like a wiggins but my main point is that teams over the cap are likely put that high based on potential sign and trades.

The key is more of where does lebron want to go than who can afford it at this second.

Giannis94
11-09-2017, 02:53 PM
Yup something would need to be figured out asset wise. Dieng is hopefully still moveable, taj would be expiring, wiggins will have big contract and add in Patton (rookie hasn't played) and firsts. Obviously would want to see if any way not to include like a wiggins but my main point is that teams over the cap are likely put that high based on potential sign and trades.

The key is more of where does lebron want to go than who can afford it at this second.

Henson. Jabari, Broggy, Maker, and a few future unprotected firsts should get it done if he's willing to sign a long term deal. If he's not, then remove Broggy or the firsts.

warfelg
11-09-2017, 03:07 PM
He could just sign with the Sixers outright.

Simmons
Fultz
RoCo
Bron
Biid

With 3J, Holmes, TLC, Saric. Watch out GS.

FlashBolt
11-09-2017, 03:28 PM
Lebron will never ever ever ever ever do that. This comment tells me you know nothing about Lebron. He has whined and complained for years when he wasn't the highest payed player on the team. Also taking 33 million a year from him home town team that he complains needs more pieces lol.

Nobody really knows where he is going. Cavs, Lakers are the only real teams In my opinion. But only Lakers if he is done contending titles and just wants to live in LA year round. Which sounds dumb since he can do that in a few years when he retires lol.

Been through other threads where i went through every bit on news on this subject.

LeBron has publicly stated he would take a paycut to play with his banana-boat buddies so it isn't out of the question for him to do it in another enticing offer.

It's difficult to guess but man, I gotta give the Sixers credit for making the team look very appealing. I disagree with how they did it but gotta give Ben Simmons and the rest of that crew some credit. They may very well be the best team in the East soon. I can't expect Covington to be meteor-hot from three the way he has been but he would be great against some perimeter players.

We should rule out the Warriors. LeBron isn't stupid. He knows no amount of rings won with the Warriors would help his legacy and may even diminish it if we're being illogical (which many are). There's just no way he can go to the Warriors and not expect backlash worse than his Miami stint.

FlashBolt
11-09-2017, 03:33 PM

Simmons
Fultz
RoCo
Bron
Biid

I would recommend trading Fultz at that point. Looking back at it, Tatum probably would have made a bit more sense for the Sixers as he's the safer pick and would have an easier time transitioning to the NBA. It wouldn't make sense having Simmons+Bron+Fultz all trying to pound the ball. I would understand Simmons+Bron as a tutelage type of role where Bron understands Simmons might be the better option and he's trying to build him up but Fultz? No way would LeBron give him the ball. Simmons+LeBron creates a mismatch of all sorts. They all can play like four positions each. I still don't trust Embiid's health. He looks good so far but it's about consistency more-so than a day-to-day basis. I was wrong about Sixers quick success. Simmons is impossible to not like. That LeBron-junior type game and being mentored by him will only make him better.

Giannis94
11-09-2017, 03:37 PM

Simmons
Fultz
RoCo
Bron
Biid

I doubt lebron wants to join another dysfunctional organization with a player that until this season, averaged 10.?? games player per year.

prodigy
11-10-2017, 10:09 AM

Simmons
Fultz
RoCo
Bron
Biid

Honestly i would kinda like to see this lol. I'm not much of a sixers fan but i think they are the only team id be cool with lebron leaving for. Lebron gotta start playing defense or it won't matter where he goes.

prodigy
11-10-2017, 10:17 AM
LeBron has publicly stated he would take a paycut to play with his banana-boat buddies so it isn't out of the question for him to do it in another enticing offer.

Maybe in his final year right before retirement where they aren't really looking to win a title because they are all super old. Other than that lebron will never ever ever ever not make the max. I don't mean to sound cocky or ignorant or like i know everything. But he will not take a pay cut. Anyone who truly follows Lebron knows this.

It's difficult to guess but man, I gotta give the Sixers credit for making the team look very appealing. I disagree with how they did it but gotta give Ben Simmons and the rest of that crew some credit. They may very well be the best team in the East soon. I can't expect Covington to be meteor-hot from three the way he has been but he would be great against some perimeter players.

I thought about this too and just made a comment on it above. But Simmons, Joel Gotta play the whole season healthy and that PG needs to come back healthy and show something for Lebron to go there. Thats a big risk.

We should rule out the Warriors. LeBron isn't stupid. He knows no amount of rings won with the Warriors would help his legacy and may even diminish it if we're being illogical (which many are). There's just no way he can go to the Warriors and not expect backlash worse than his Miami stint.

No way on gods green earth Lebron Joins the Warriors. His Legacy would be destroyed and become a laughing stock in the NBA.

warfelg
11-10-2017, 10:39 AM
I would recommend trading Fultz at that point. Looking back at it, Tatum probably would have made a bit more sense for the Sixers as he's the safer pick and would have an easier time transitioning to the NBA. It wouldn't make sense having Simmons+Bron+Fultz all trying to pound the ball. I would understand Simmons+Bron as a tutelage type of role where Bron understands Simmons might be the better option and he's trying to build him up but Fultz? No way would LeBron give him the ball. Simmons+LeBron creates a mismatch of all sorts. They all can play like four positions each. I still don't trust Embiid's health. He looks good so far but it's about consistency more-so than a day-to-day basis. I was wrong about Sixers quick success. Simmons is impossible to not like. That LeBron-junior type game and being mentored by him will only make him better.

Can we let the kid get healthy and play more than 5 games before we make sweeping declarations of what he is as an NBA player?

D-Leethal
11-10-2017, 11:45 AM
It really depends if his goal is to play with his older buddies or join a younger team he can conceivably retire with instead of jumping around every 3 years.

Houston makes sense based on his history of trying to join the best ready-made contender with a buddy of his. I don't love the fit with Harden but they are good enough to make it work. Harden wanted Melo so I'm sure he'd want LeBron.

I do think New York makes sense if he wants to join one of the younger-gen stars and settle down in one spot for his final 5 years. It's in the East, perfect wide open starting position for him at the 3 and since his Finals record is so bad, he might need to make up for it by doing something like bringing NYC it's first title in close to half a century. That'll make up for some of those ugly Finals losses and always choosing to take the easiest path.

If his goal is to let his wifey go to LA, then it's the Lakers or Clips, but I don't think Lonzo is really the youngin' that makes sense for him to join. He's better off with Blake and DJ.

warfelg
11-10-2017, 11:55 AM
Wouldn't the Knicks have to do some very creative accounting to make the cap room?

Heediot
11-10-2017, 12:11 PM
I think he re-signs in Cleveland for the super duper max or whatever. Only way he leaves is if PG and Cousins join him in LA, which I doubt.

LaVar Ball
11-10-2017, 12:11 PM
He will be a Los Angeles Laker next season. Book it.

LaVar Ball
11-10-2017, 12:17 PM
I think he re-signs in Cleveland for the super duper max or whatever. Only way he leaves is if PG and Cousins join him in LA, which I doubt.

Randle will be traded for one of either Paul George or DeMarcus Cousins at the trade deadline. Especially if OKC and NOLA underperforms by the all star break. Both guys can walk for nothing next summer. Might as well get some value in return while they can.

prodigy
11-10-2017, 02:12 PM
Randle will be traded for one of either Paul George or DeMarcus Cousins at the trade deadline. Especially if OKC and NOLA underperforms by the all star break. Both guys can walk for nothing next summer. Might as well get some value in return while they can.

Cost more then randle. many teams will be going after those guys.

GREATNESS ONE
11-10-2017, 02:27 PM
Cost more then randle. many teams will be going after those guys.

Yea but if it doesn’t work in OKC, PG is going to LAL.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this was our lineup next year even though a bunch of us don’t want Lebron lol

Ball/Clarkson
George/Clarkson/Hart
IngramKuzma
Lebron/Nance
Lopez/Zubac

warfelg
11-10-2017, 02:37 PM
I would be surprised if that happened.

Trading Deng is going to be impossible without giving up someone. Lopez would require renouncing his rights which means bringing him back at a much lower rate, and right now he is playing himself into one last nice contract. If you just buy out Deng his contract still effects your cap.

Getting both PG and Bron would come at the cost likely of Lopez, Ingram/Kuzma/Nance to move Deng, and there's a chance it could mean Clarkson in order to bring in other guys PG and Bron want to play with.

GREATNESS ONE
11-10-2017, 02:55 PM
Well if we trade Randle, it would have to include more salary to make it match for PG. maybe a Clarkson (hate to see him go).

We wouldn’t have to trade Kuzma/Ingram. Nance maybe but OKC would not be in a good situation if they know PG is leaving, don’t want to lose him for nothing.

Anyway, if we kept Lopez we wouldn’t have to renounce his rights as we would Ben under the cap by just renouncing KCP’s rights.

Deng, not sure if anyone is going to trade for his garbage but I think a buy-out is likely if he is serious about his frustrations he recently made about not playing.

Anyways, anything can happen, just gonna have to wait and see.

krazylegz
11-10-2017, 03:54 PM
ends up back in cleveland

Bostonjorge
11-10-2017, 10:22 PM
Lebron would be the most loved player in the world by fans if he went to the Lakers. Makes to much sense for everyone.

FlashBolt
11-10-2017, 10:47 PM
Maybe in his final year right before retirement where they aren't really looking to win a title because they are all super old. Other than that lebron will never ever ever ever not make the max. I don't mean to sound cocky or ignorant or like i know everything. But he will not take a pay cut. Anyone who truly follows Lebron knows this.

I thought about this too and just made a comment on it above. But Simmons, Joel Gotta play the whole season healthy and that PG needs to come back healthy and show something for Lebron to go there. Thats a big risk.

No way on gods green earth Lebron Joins the Warriors. His Legacy would be destroyed and become a laughing stock in the NBA.

How do you know LeBron? Lmao, you're a fan and not his wife. Second, he admitted that he would take a paycut so what you say is already irrelevant. It would actually do him some good to take a paycut if he wants the team he needs to beat the Warriors. It's about money or legacy at this point. Can't choose both with how stacked the Warriors are.

NetsPaint
11-11-2017, 12:21 AM
I've been wondering, what if LeBron tells the Cavs he wants to be traded because it's gone downhill that far with them, would the Warriors accept a LeBron for Draymond trade? I don't know if the Warriors would even do that for a 33 years of age LeBron, but it's LeBron. If I was in charge of the Warriors I'd be loyal, and also the Warriors are so great that I'd stick to what we have.

basch152
11-11-2017, 07:52 AM
be cool if the pistons continue to overperform and manage to get him even though it's never gonna happen

Htownballa1622
11-11-2017, 01:00 PM
I talked to him Thursday night and he said he was coming here to Houston next year. ;)

Totally jk.

Challenger to GSW-Houston
No state tax-Houston
Play with 2 potential top 10-12 players-Houston
Banana boat friend-Houston
Fit-Houston

Rockets could unload guys like Eric Gordon for picks. Picks to flip with Anderson. Tucker is a bargain for mle.
cp3 take less. Only thing that worries me is Clint being a rfa. He may leave to big offer. Ariza back for vet min.

cp3/who cares
Harden/Gordon if we can keep/Wade vet min
Melo/Ariza
Lebron/Anderson if we keep
Clint/Nene

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/qvkgxp/actually-lebron-james-should-sign-with-the-houston-rockets

hugepatsfan
11-11-2017, 02:16 PM
http://www.spotrac.com/nba/houston-rockets/cap/2018/

The Rockets have $80,432,936 of committed salary next year. Assuming they want to extend Capela, his cap hold to do so will add another $5,836,320. So a total of $86,269,256. Under a $101M cap they have $14,730,744 in cap space (actually a few million less because of multiple minimum roster spot cap holds).

Salary dumping Anderson and Gordon, while taking nothing back would get them up to $48,652,665. Again though, that will be reduced by minimum roster cap holds. Probably like $6 or $7M worth since they have only 6 players left at this point and need to get up to 13. So their real cap space is closer to $40M.

The cap is projected at $101M which would mean a max for both Lebron and CP3 is $35.35M. They have bird rights on CP3 but his cap hold is the same as a max so there's really no benefit to that. They'd have to set aside the cap room anyway.

We said above they have $40M in cap. So CP3 and Lebron need to take about #30M of pay cuts between them to make it work in year 1. And then because future years are small raises off of year 1 salary they leave that $30M on the table each year. So all together they'd have to leave about $120M over 4 years on the table between them. I'm not holding my breath on that one.

smith&wesson
11-11-2017, 02:29 PM
I think he'll go to the Rockets, or Bucks

Makes most sense to me.

Paul
Harden -Gordon
Ariza - Mbah Amoute
James -Tucker
Capela

I also like the fit with the Bucks

Brogdan - Bledsoe
Middleton - Snell
Giannis
James Parker
Maker - Henson?

smith&wesson
11-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Realistic teams will make room if necessary all the number crunching here means very little.

hugepatsfan
11-11-2017, 02:44 PM
Realistic teams will make room if necessary all the number crunching here means very little.

Yeah but people should at least try to be realistic about how teams are gonna make the room instead of just posting these ridiculous and absurd rosters that have no shot at happening.

hugepatsfan
11-11-2017, 02:48 PM
Also, as of right now I think like only 5 teams are projected to have cap space. It isn't going to be so easy to dump salary now that teams have caught up with the cap explosion. It's not going to be easy to just dump $20-40M of salary like people here are assuming because there just aren't a lot of teams with cap to even take on $20+M deals if they wanted to.

hugepatsfan
11-11-2017, 02:52 PM
Sorry for so man yposts in a row but just to illustrate that last point:

https://basketball.******.com/analysis/247355/The-Maximum-Available-2018-Cap-Space-For-All-30-NBA-Teams

Scroll down to the projected cap space and you can see how few teams are projected to have cap.

It's easy to just write that HOU will dump Anderson but there are only 3 teams that project to be able to absorb his deal at all. It's easy to say MIL can just dump Telly/Delly but together that're at thats ame level where only 3 teams could even take that much on.

Giannis94
11-11-2017, 03:00 PM
Sorry for so man yposts in a row but just to illustrate that last point:

https://basketball.******.com/analysis/247355/The-Maximum-Available-2018-Cap-Space-For-All-30-NBA-Teams

Scroll down to the projected cap space and you can see how few teams are projected to have cap.

It's easy to just write that HOU will dump Anderson but there are only 3 teams that project to be able to absorb his deal at all. It's easy to say MIL can just dump Telly/Delly but together that're at thats ame level where only 3 teams could even take that much on.

The Bucks could dump Telly/Delly/Henson with Brogdon or Maker and Picks. Maybe even all 3. But do you do that if LBJ says "I want 1 year plus options". Not a chance.

Htownballa1622
11-11-2017, 03:00 PM
http://www.spotrac.com/nba/houston-rockets/cap/2018/

The Rockets have $80,432,936 of committed salary next year. Assuming they want to extend Capela, his cap hold to do so will add another $5,836,320. So a total of $86,269,256. Under a $101M cap they have $14,730,744 in cap space (actually a few million less because of multiple minimum roster spot cap holds).

Salary dumping Anderson and Gordon, while taking nothing back would get them up to $48,652,665. Again though, that will be reduced by minimum roster cap holds. Probably like $6 or $7M worth since they have only 6 players left at this point and need to get up to 13. So their real cap space is closer to $40M.

The cap is projected at $101M which would mean a max for both Lebron and CP3 is $35.35M. They have bird rights on CP3 but his cap hold is the same as a max so there's really no benefit to that. They'd have to set aside the cap room anyway.

We said above they have $40M in cap. So CP3 and Lebron need to take about #30M of pay cuts between them to make it work in year 1. And then because future years are small raises off of year 1 salary they leave that $30M on the table each year. So all together they'd have to leave about $120M over 4 years on the table between them. I'm not holding my breath on that one.

"Skepticism is understandable but loopholes do exist. The most convenient one mirrors what just happened between Paul, Houston, and the Los Angeles Clippers: James can engineer a sign-and-trade by opting into his $35.6 million USD player option. Instead of losing the face of their franchise for nothing, the Cavaliers will take back Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson, a first-round pick, and up to $5.1 million USD in cash."

That's from an article written by Vice sports. Is it likely? I wouldn't bet on it.
Do I think Morey and his staff know how to make it happen better than you or I? Yes.

IF Lebron wanted to come to Houston, Morey would do whatever is necessary to get it done. Right now it's pie in the sky, but let's not act like we haven't seen things like this done before.

What do you think Lebron should do to maximize his chances of defeating the Warriors? Where do you think he goes or should go?

hugepatsfan
11-11-2017, 03:09 PM
"Skepticism is understandable but loopholes do exist. The most convenient one mirrors what just happened between Paul, Houston, and the Los Angeles Clippers: James can engineer a sign-and-trade by opting into his $35.6 million USD player option. Instead of losing the face of their franchise for nothing, the Cavaliers will take back Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson, a first-round pick, and up to $5.1 million USD in cash."

That's from an article written by Vice sports. Is it likely? I wouldn't bet on it.
Do I think Morey and his staff know how to make it happen better than you or I? Yes.

IF Lebron wanted to come to Houston, Morey would do whatever is necessary to get it done. Right now it's pie in the sky, but let's not act like we haven't seen things like this done before.

What do you think Lebron should do to maximize his chances of defeating the Warriors? Where do you think he goes or should go?

I agree HOU would do what it takes. I don't think it's impossible. But your post of maybe keeping Gordon and Anderson while Lebron/CP3 take massive paycuts each and Melo takes the minimum to me is just gibberish. Like you said, Morey would "do what it takes". It'd just be nice if people made a legit attempt at projecting "what it takes" rather than post made-up fantasy rosters that aren't dealing in the world of reality.

Htownballa1622
11-11-2017, 03:12 PM
I agree HOU would do what it takes. I don't think it's impossible. But your post of maybe keeping Gordon and Anderson while Lebron/CP3 take massive paycuts each and Melo takes the minimum to me is just gibberish. Like you said, Morey would "do what it takes". It'd just be nice if people made a legit attempt at projecting "what it takes" rather than post made-up fantasy rosters that aren't dealing in the world of reality.

Maybe you got confused. I posted this...

cp3/who cares
Harden/Gordon if we can keep/Wade vet min
Melo/Ariza
Lebron/Anderson if we keep
Clint/Nene

The idea was not to keep Gordon AND Anderson. The idea was putting them on the depth chart but writing "if we keep and if we can keep."

That roster as is stands ZERO chance of happening. I was just saying that I don't know which variation of dumping Anderson, Gordon, or Tucker etc... was in play.

It's very likely that if Lebron came, Anderson, Tucker, and Gordon would be gone and I'd be fine with that. Depth would stink but ANYONE would do that.

Mr.B
11-11-2017, 03:47 PM

Dallas Mavericks +10000

So you’re saying there’s a chance.

Mr.B
11-11-2017, 04:06 PM
Well if we trade Randle, it would have to include more salary to make it match for PG. maybe a Clarkson (hate to see him go).

We wouldn’t have to trade Kuzma/Ingram. Nance maybe but OKC would not be in a good situation if they know PG is leaving, don’t want to lose him for nothing.

Anyway, if we kept Lopez we wouldn’t have to renounce his rights as we would Ben under the cap by just renouncing KCP’s rights.

Deng, not sure if anyone is going to trade for his garbage but I think a buy-out is likely if he is serious about his frustrations he recently made about not playing.

Anyways, anything can happen, just gonna have to wait and see.

What about a Randle for Nerlens trade?

rhino17
11-11-2017, 04:07 PM
I think there are only 4 options, in this order

1) Cleveland: The East is still the easiest road to the finals, I think a healthy Cleveland team this year still makes the finals fairly easily, and once you are there, anything can happen. There are not many better opportunities for winning in the league..

2) LA Lakers: Young roster, historically great and well run franchise, the most desirable place to live in the NBA, can get other stars to come there with him.

3) Houston: Another historically well run franchise, a franchise that historically gets superstars to join in/team up, he has close friends on the team, an immediate winning situation, money is irrelevant b/c Morey can figure out how to get him there

4) San Antonio: Another immediate winning situation, another historically well run franchise, Lebron has never played with a truly great coach (Spoelstra probably the only even good coach), I think that will appeal to him

Rain City
11-11-2017, 04:14 PM
i can see him going to OKC.

winning is the priority and playing w/ a killer like westbrook and trusting presti to put complementary pieces around them to take out GS.

NetsPaint
11-11-2017, 08:52 PM
i can see him going to OKC.

winning is the priority and playing w/ a killer like westbrook and trusting presti to put complementary pieces around them to take out GS.
And also if Melo is still there, that might make him more interested.

IKnowHoops
11-12-2017, 02:12 AM
Hopefully GS, that would be so much fun!

😂

I wonder if that move would put you and DW on the same page about the Warriors and the rest of the leagues chances of winning.

IKnowHoops
11-12-2017, 02:18 AM

Cleveland Cavaliers +125
Los Angeles Lakers +275
Houston Rockets +500
San Antonio Spurs +1200
Philadelphia 76ers +2000
Boston Celtics +2500
Charlotte Hornets +3300
Miami Heat +3300
Milwaukee Bucks +3300
Chicago Bulls +5000
Denver Nuggets +5000
Washington Wizards +5000
Memphis Grizzlies +5000
New York Knicks +5000
Toronto Raptors +6600
Atlanta Hawks +10000
Brooklyn Nets +10000
Dallas Mavericks +10000
Detroit Pistons +10000
Indiana Pacers +10000
Orlando Magic +10000
Phoenix Suns +10000
Sacramento Kings +10000
Utah Jazz +10000

Really like seeing MN up there.

Personally, I think he ends up in no particular order

T Wolves
Spurs
Bucks
New Orleans
Houston
Clippers

Sixes

I need to drop money on those five because I think winning is the most important thing to Bron and those teams give him the best foundation to win a ring next season and beat GS.

IKnowHoops
11-12-2017, 02:21 AM
Prolly anywhere but GS. He ain't her

😂

IKnowHoops
11-12-2017, 02:23 AM

Lebron is going to do whatever is best for his winning. If he wants to play with all three of those players, then he will. If he wants to win, he's gonna have to take a pay cut period...just as Durant did, and Curry technically did for years.

IKnowHoops
11-12-2017, 02:25 AM

Lol.

The only way he could wine about taking less money is if he took less money, which means your never theory is dead. He will take less than the max watch.

IKnowHoops
11-12-2017, 02:29 AM
Honestly i would kinda like to see this lol. I'm not much of a sixers fan but i think they are the only team id be cool with lebron leaving for. Lebron gotta start playing defense or it won't matter where he goes.

Your joking

IKnowHoops
11-12-2017, 02:32 AM
I've been wondering, what if LeBron tells the Cavs he wants to be traded because it's gone downhill that far with them, would the Warriors accept a LeBron for Draymond trade? I don't know if the Warriors would even do that for a 33 years of age LeBron, but it's LeBron. If I was in charge of the Warriors I'd be loyal, and also the Warriors are so great that I'd stick to what we have.

They would do it in a heartbeat. I guarantee it. Kerr would make it happen without blinking. So would the owner.

LA_Raiders
11-12-2017, 02:35 AM
First of all he will not leave the easy. He is no dumb and he like the easiest way to win. He will go to to Wash, Tor or NY.

IKnowHoops
11-12-2017, 02:44 AM
I also feel that wherever he goes, either Cousins or PG13 or both are coming with him. That's why I could see neworkeans because he and PG could go there and instantly be better than than GS, same with MN and for a long time. The next super team he creates is going to be scary.

Lakers + Giants
11-12-2017, 06:07 PM
B]Charlotte getting the same odds as Miami, New Orleans and Milwaukee at No. 10 seems odd to me. What would motivate Lebron to play there? Does he have some ties in that community I don't know about?

The only Tie I see with Charlotte is Michael Jordan? I don't see anything else.

Scoots
11-12-2017, 07:38 PM
The list also ignores fit. Is LeBron willing to change positions?

GS is just silly to be anywhere on the list. They way they play and the cap space aside ... Is LeBron going to send KD to the bench? Draymond? What would be the sense in that? And what about LeBron's personality ... it wouldn't fit in the Warriors culture.

Spurs would be strange ... Pop and a team team team approach with LeBron? And is he going to force Kawhi to change positions?

Rockets I think is a money issue.

If he moves the Lakers make the most sense.

I do agree with the list in that chances are he stays in Cleveland just because there are few places that will work better for him.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-12-2017, 07:40 PM
Bucks have no cap space next summer. Also doubt Cavs help in a sign and trade.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-12-2017, 07:44 PM

GS is just silly to be anywhere on the list. They way they play and the cap space aside ... Is LeBron going to send KD to the bench? Draymond? What would be the sense in that? And what about LeBron's personality ... it wouldn't fit in the Warriors culture.

Spurs would be strange ... Pop and a team team team approach with LeBron? And is he going to force Kawhi to change positions?

I do agree with the list in that chances are he stays in Cleveland just because there are few places that will work better for him.

Lakers makes sense. But are Lakers willing to dump Kuzma or Ingram to dump Deng? Randle has no value since he's a RFA next summer. Clarkson could be considered negative value but still okay bench piece. Some team could eat him possibly. Yeah Suns could dump expiring Moose for Randle, Clarkson and a future first. Not many teams left with tons of capspace.

warfelg
11-12-2017, 07:47 PM

People will always make excuses as to why.

In reality the list is teams with cap, about 2 teams with easy to shed contracts, and Cleveland. That's it. Houston has the Anderson/Capella situation. Thunder have Melos option and Melo/PG13 cap holds. Heck even the Lakers have issues with the Deng contract, Lopez Hold, and Randle contract. Lots of these "favorites" have some cap management to do in order to sign him.

Scoots
11-12-2017, 08:01 PM
Lakers makes sense. But are Lakers willing to dump Kuzma or Ingram to dump Deng? Randle has no value since he's a RFA next summer. Clarkson could be considered negative value but still okay bench piece. Some team could eat him possibly. Yeah Suns could dump expiring Moose for Randle, Clarkson and a future first. Not many teams left with tons of capspace.

I think it depends on the Lakers finding a tanking team to unload Deng on and keep their young core.

They also want PG to join them and he's certainly still in play too.

Randle has value ... restricted free agents often don't move. He could force their hand if he signs an offer right at the start of FA.

PG, LeBron, Ball, Kuzma, Nance, Zubac, Ingram ... is that enough to get LeBron interested?

One thing is certain. The Lakers and Cavs are going to have, shall we say, interesting offseasons.

Scoots
11-12-2017, 08:10 PM
People will always make excuses as to why.

In reality the list is teams with cap, about 2 teams with easy to shed contracts, and Cleveland. That's it. Houston has the Anderson/Capella situation. Thunder have Melos option and Melo/PG13 cap holds. Heck even the Lakers have issues with the Deng contract, Lopez Hold, and Randle contract. Lots of these "favorites" have some cap management to do in order to sign him.

The Lakers issue seems fairly manageable ... Lopez and Randle are non-issues, the team can just renounce them if they want to. Deng, he's a bigger problem ... but even with his contract on the books they have near $50M in space.

warfelg
11-12-2017, 08:14 PM
The Lakers issue seems fairly manageable ... Lopez and Randle are non-issues, the team can just renounce them if they want to. Deng, he's a bigger problem ... but even with his contract on the books they have near $50M in space.

I guess the issue I have with that one is still showing everyone but Deng and Randle; along with keeping Lopez. They are going to have to lose some of those guys to make it happen.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-13-2017, 11:21 AM
My guess two firsts or a guy like Kuzma or Ingram have to be in a Deng trade. Randle renounced or traded now to get a minor asset like a late pick from a playoff team? Yeah Laker got one max spot for a super star. But KCP and Lopez have to walk or take vet minimums to stay. Doubt they ready for pay cuts yet. Deng and Clarkson holding up landing second fiddle.

warfelg
11-13-2017, 11:32 AM
My guess two firsts or a guy like Kuzma or Ingram have to be in a Deng trade. Randle renounced or traded now to get a minor asset like a late pick from a playoff team? Yeah Laker got one max spot for a super star. But KCP and Lopez have to walk or take vet minimums to stay. Doubt they ready for pay cuts yet. Deng and Clarkson holding up landing second fiddle.

Agreed with all of that. And Brook Lopez is going his thing where it's time for another contract and he suddenly plays lights out. He's going to end up getting a big deal from someone else. KCP...who knows but I doubt he takes a min deal already. He's still quite serviceable.

This is the price of doing the super team thing. Unless you luck out like the Dubs where you have a bunch of the good roleplayers already there and you can just use Bird Rights to retain them, you have to make major sacrifices. Like Bringing in Bron and PG13 likely means your bench is filled with broken down and end of career guys like the current Cavs. Then the slightest injury means starting some suboptimal players.

hugepatsfan
11-13-2017, 11:42 AM
Agreed with all of that. And Brook Lopez is going his thing where it's time for another contract and he suddenly plays lights out. He's going to end up getting a big deal from someone else. KCP...who knows but I doubt he takes a min deal already. He's still quite serviceable.

This is the price of doing the super team thing. Unless you luck out like the Dubs where you have a bunch of the good roleplayers already there and you can just use Bird Rights to retain them, you have to make major sacrifices. Like Bringing in Bron and PG13 likely means your bench is filled with broken down and end of career guys like the current Cavs. Then the slightest injury means starting some suboptimal players.

I doubt Lopez gets a huge deal. There just isn't the cap space available in the NBA anymore.

warfelg
11-13-2017, 11:58 AM
I doubt Lopez gets a huge deal. There just isn't the cap space available in the NBA anymore.

Not a huge deal, but if the Lakers have the min on the table and another team puts a 4/$45mil on the table, at 29 and one last chance to cash in, which should he take?

That 4/$45 is much more appealing.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-13-2017, 12:02 PM
Lopez doesn't seem to be a ring chaser yet. I could be wrong. But I think he wants one more big payday. Then after that a ring chaser. Also market gone dry with teams with tons of cap space. I bet Kanter picks up his player option as well. Moose picked his up last year for this season as well. All the agents know what cap is left in the league.

warfelg
11-13-2017, 12:13 PM
Lopez doesn't seem to be a ring chaser yet. I could be wrong. But I think he wants one more big payday. Then after that a ring chaser. Also market gone dry with teams with tons of cap space. I bet Kanter picks up his player option as well. Moose picked his up last year for this season as well. All the agents know what cap is left in the league.

Yup. That's what else I would have added. It's not that teams aren't shelling out the cash, it's that when the spike happened too many teams overspent on long term deals and don't have the space to spend now.

hugepatsfan
11-13-2017, 12:22 PM
Not a huge deal, but if the Lakers have the min on the table and another team puts a 4/$45mil on the table, at 29 and one last chance to cash in, which should he take?

IDK if he can get 4 for $45M because that requires cap space. Of the few teams with cap I just don't see Lopez being a priority or even want. LAL have their sights set higher. CHI, BRK, ATL don't seem like they'd be interested in him. I think he ends up with a MLE type deal.

warfelg
11-13-2017, 12:28 PM
IDK if he can get 4 for $45M because that requires cap space. Of the few teams with cap I just don't see Lopez being a priority or even want. LAL have their sights set higher. CHI, BRK, ATL don't seem like they'd be interested in him. I think he ends up with a MLE type deal.

But again, you hit on why I don't see him returning to LAL if they renounce him to chase 2 stars. Teams could offer a MLE, teams could offer more (I honestly could see SAS going for him, and I think they'll have space).

Giannis94
11-13-2017, 01:11 PM
Yup. That's what else I would have added. It's not that teams aren't shelling out the cash, it's that when the spike happened too many teams overspent on long term deals and don't have the space to spend now.

Isn't this year a great FA class? Makes sense to pick it up, let the big dogs get their $$ and hope that the next off-season some team thinks they are one piece away and massively overpay like the Bucks did with Bobby Simmons a number of years ago

warfelg
11-13-2017, 01:28 PM
Isn't this year a great FA class? Makes sense to pick it up, let the big dogs get their $$ and hope that the next off-season some team thinks they are one piece away and massively overpay like the Bucks did with Bobby Simmons a number of years ago

We say this year after year, then guys pick up their options, re-sign quickly, or just fall off a cliff and the FA class looks less impressive than it did before. I mean technically this past summers class was to looks great, then it fell off the cliff as guys did exactly what I walked about.

Giannis94
11-13-2017, 03:02 PM
We say this year after year, then guys pick up their options, re-sign quickly, or just fall off a cliff and the FA class looks less impressive than it did before. I mean technically this past summers class was to looks great, then it fell off the cliff as guys did exactly what I walked about.

If that was the case, there would be less bad conctracts. Solomon hill 4/50 some. Luol deng is a steal. Hardaway, etc.

warfelg
11-13-2017, 03:08 PM
If that was the case, there would be less bad conctracts. Solomon hill 4/50 some. Luol deng is a steal. Hardaway, etc.

Uhhhhh.....no. Teams line up to have the cap space to sign stars and this big FA class, they don't hit FA, suddenly a guy like Hill or Hardaway are in the top 15 available and teams got cash to burn. This 100% is the (well not 100% but a good part) of why there are bad contracts.

Giannis94
11-13-2017, 03:34 PM
Uhhhhh.....no. Teams line up to have the cap space to sign stars and this big FA class, they don't hit FA, suddenly a guy like Hill or Hardaway are in the top 15 available and teams got cash to burn. This 100% is the (well not 100% but a good part) of why there are bad contracts.

I guess I did forget to mention the fact that we were talking about NYK and LAL. Thats on me, doe.

smith&wesson
11-13-2017, 03:42 PM
This is not 18 year old Lebron you can try to build your team around. This is Lebron in his 30s where if he doesn't get a ring with your team in a year or two he's gone.

Ppl speculate where he is going every other year now. That tells you the pattern of this player is to join your team become the entire system for two years, force your gm to hand out bad contracts to appease him like Thompson and Jr Smith only to watch him bolt again.

Call me crazy but I actually think SOME teams will pass.

I personally think the best place for him now is with the Spurs.

prodigy
11-14-2017, 10:18 AM
How do you know LeBron? Lmao, you're a fan and not his wife. Second, he admitted that he would take a paycut so what you say is already irrelevant. It would actually do him some good to take a paycut if he wants the team he needs to beat the Warriors. It's about money or legacy at this point. Can't choose both with how stacked the Warriors are.

I followed lebron since 10th grade and with him playing on the cavs for many years ive seen pretty much all his interviews lol. I'm not his wife or his blonde side chick. Lebron complained for years that he wasn't the highest paid player on the roster and now "its my turn". I'd like to see that comment u talk about. He can say that if he wants, but he will not take a pay cut. Sig bet he takes the max this off-season?

The only time i heard him talk about taking less he was joking about paul, Wade, Lebron, Carmelo all playing together.

prodigy
11-14-2017, 10:23 AM

Cavs would want more. Green is a nice player but he benefits from that system big time. I mean he's left open a lot and still can be very streaky. He's a real nice def player but only ok on offense.

prodigy
11-14-2017, 10:32 AM
Lebron will want the max dollars he could get. so a sign and trade could be possible if he decides to leave. I just can't wait for IT to get back. His energy is exciting and he's just in street clothes. i guess he's been bouncing off the walls to get back out there.

mightybosstone
11-14-2017, 06:39 PM
This will come off as a total homer post, but the more I watch this Rockets team, the more I think Lebron would be perfect here in Houston. He, Harden and Paul playing together would limit their minutes over the course of the season and make it so that there is almost always two of them on the floor at any given time. He would fill in Anderson's role as a stretch 4 perfectly, and he'd get fewer defensive attention than any team he's ever played on.

Defensively, Houston has enough length and quality defenders that he wouldn't be relied on to be the team's best defender every night. He could lurk more in the passing lanes and look for steals and transition opportunities, where he clearly thrives.

The tricky part would be finding the cap room, but I trust that Morey could find a way to make it work.

Htownballa1622
11-14-2017, 07:06 PM
This will come off as a total homer post, but the more I watch this Rockets team, the more I think Lebron would be perfect here in Houston. He, Harden and Paul playing together would limit their minutes over the course of the season and make it so that there is almost always two of them on the floor at any given time. He would fill in Anderson's role as a stretch 4 perfectly, and he'd get fewer defensive attention than any team he's ever played on.

Defensively, Houston has enough length and quality defenders that he wouldn't be relied on to be the team's best defender every night. He could lurk more in the passing lanes and look for steals and transition opportunities, where he clearly thrives.

The tricky part would be finding the cap room, but I trust that Morey could find a way to make it work.

I don't even think it's being a homer anymore.

What team is second best team in league to challenge GSW? Houston.

One could argue Spurs but aside from Kawhi, their main guys are older.

IKnowHoops
11-14-2017, 07:15 PM

Actually makes sense, would be a ridiculous fit and with Dantoni, the offense would be super dirty. Would be cool to see what Dantoni could do with the most talent, or close second to warriors. See if he could finally get his props

LA4life24/8
11-14-2017, 07:36 PM
I mean if Houston could clear the cap id say they have w chance for sure.

I think the biggest issue is going to the west period. Its a big reason I cant really see him going to lakers. Does he really wanna risk going anywhere closer to the warriors and possibly not making the finals?

Even w the celts wiz raps and (possibly) 76ers w a slight retooling he can get the cavs to the finals prolly for the rest of his career.

Idk. Gonna be an interesting offseason to say the least.

More-Than-Most
11-14-2017, 08:18 PM
If Embiid stays healthy and keeps playing 30 plus minutes a game like he is you can pretty much say welcome to the sixers and a title lebron.... Simmons/Lebron/Embiid/Saric/Covington/Reddick/Holmes/Fultz.... My god.

mightybosstone
11-14-2017, 09:01 PM
If Embiid stays healthy and keeps playing 30 plus minutes a game like he is you can pretty much say welcome to the sixers and a title lebron.... Simmons/Lebron/Embiid/Saric/Covington/Reddick/Holmes/Fultz.... My god.

What's his motivation to play in Philly? Zero veterans. Zero postseason experience. Medium-sized market. There's at least 10 other destinations I'd pick ahead of the Sixers.

warfelg
11-14-2017, 09:05 PM
What's his motivation to play in Philly? Zero veterans. Zero postseason experience. Medium-sized market. There's at least 10 other destinations I'd pick ahead of the Sixers.

Sorry but medium-sized market?

That's a bold faced lie:
https://www.newsgeneration.com/broadcast-resources/top-100-radio-markets/

Try #4 media market in America.

Hustla23
11-14-2017, 09:20 PM

This isn't an apple to apple comparison, but Melo in D'antoni's system wasn't utilized in a different way than any other stretch big, which is why Melo got disgruntled and got him kicked out. The point guard or lead guard is always the focus in D'antoni's schemes and every other player is subsidiary, regardless of the name attached. D'antoni doesn't seem like the type to make huge overhauls to his schemes so I'm not sure that it's a guarantee that Lebron would just fit in seamlessly and still be an integral part of the offense by design.

More-Than-Most
11-14-2017, 10:22 PM

Lol we are a top 5 market... we are like number 2 right now in fan attendance... we are the most talked about team trending... we will have the playoff exp this year and we have a veteran in Reddick and Johnson... keep trying though

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-15-2017, 11:33 AM
LeBron on the Bucks would be sweet. But were over the cap. Cavs would have to agree on a sign and trade. Doubt they help us. Also Bucks first round picks kinda tied to Suns unless we use opposite protections. But still the Stepien rule. Also i'm sure Cavs would want a haul to the point Bucks be down to Giannis, LeBron and Bledsoe. Cavs probably want Middleton,Parker,Brogdon, Maker and a future first then we be gutted out. We'd have a gleague bench. Also LeBron has a ton of miles on him.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-15-2017, 11:37 AM
Lol we are a top 5 market... we are like number 2 right now in fan attendance... we are the most talked about team trending... we will have the playoff exp this year and we have a veteran in Reddick and Johnson... keep trying though

How much cap 76ers got next summer after renouncing Redick and Johnson? Also tack on Covington extension.

warfelg
11-15-2017, 11:42 AM
How much cap 76ers got next summer after renouncing Redick and Johnson? Also tack on Covington extension.

About $38 mil.

Scoots
11-15-2017, 11:56 AM

He should take the taxpayer MLE from the Warriors :)

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-15-2017, 12:10 PM
About $38 mil.

I believe LeBron's first year on new deal be $35M. So I guess he could be had. But that means you pepper the bench with vet minimum or gleague guys.

Giannis94
11-15-2017, 12:35 PM
He should take the taxpayer MLE from the Warriors :)

He might. Lebron should

prodigy
11-15-2017, 01:56 PM

He's hte best player ever. He fits every team lol

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-15-2017, 01:57 PM
Does LeBron continue doing one year deals? Or does he do two years deals but with a player option and no trade clause? Or ya think this could be his last big payday before the wheels fall off? Think he signs the big 5 year deal? Most likely year 4 or 5 he will be on the decline by then. Then if he's making $40M+ could be a negative contract if he flat out bottoms out.

warfelg
11-15-2017, 02:50 PM
I believe LeBron's first year on new deal be $35M. So I guess he could be had. But that means you pepper the bench with vet minimum or gleague guys.

Or the potential 2 1sts we have (depending if the Lakers are 1/6 and lower. We also only have 3 open roster spots next year. So add in a pick or two, one of our overseas players, and a min deal and it’s not like it’s a huge hit.

FlashBolt
11-15-2017, 03:06 PM

Where do you see 2nd in fan attendance? Philly is an exciting team (mostly due to Ben Simmons, tbh). I'm seeing the complete opposite in terms of fan attendance. Numbers from BB-Ref shows they are one of the worst in attendance. Maybe because of seat capacity but I'd like to see where your 2nd in fan attendance source is at.

warfelg
11-15-2017, 03:14 PM
Where do you see 2nd in fan attendance? Philly is an exciting team (mostly due to Ben Simmons, tbh). I'm seeing the complete opposite in terms of fan attendance. Numbers from BB-Ref shows they are one of the worst in attendance. Maybe because of seat capacity but I'd like to see where your 2nd in fan attendance source is at.

If it’s a total number remember we’ve only played 4 home games.

FlashBolt
11-15-2017, 03:33 PM
If it’s a total number remember we’ve only played 4 home games.

http://www.espn.com/nba/attendance

Gotcha. That makes a lot of sense. Sixers have been really exciting to watch this season. Last year they were in the lower average and now they're #2. Pretty amazing jump.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-15-2017, 04:22 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/attendance

Gotcha. That makes a lot of sense. Sixers have been really exciting to watch this season. Last year they were in the lower average and now they're #2. Pretty amazing jump.

Simmons turned out to be a excellent piece added. Shame Fultz is injured though. Now Embiid needs to stay healthy and play about 70 games a year. Then 76ers,Celtics,Bucks will give the Cavs a real run then.

FlashBolt
11-15-2017, 04:30 PM
Simmons turned out to be a excellent piece added. Shame Fultz is injured though. Now Embiid needs to stay healthy and play about 70 games a year. Then 76ers,Celtics,Bucks will give the Cavs a real run then.

I think Simmons is the best piece of the Sixers. Everyone talks about Embiid but Simmons has the highest potential. He's already wrecking these guys without a jumper.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-15-2017, 04:57 PM
About $38 mil.

That's with Covington extended as well?

CELTICS4LYFE
11-15-2017, 05:01 PM
Isn’t it clear he’s going to the Knicks??

FlashBolt
11-15-2017, 05:17 PM
Knicks don't have the salary but the amount of attention LeBron shows for the Knicks is definitely interesting. If they had the cap, I wouldn't be surprised if NYK were a top destination for him.

warfelg
11-15-2017, 05:33 PM
That's with Covington extended as well?

Yes. There’s been quite a few articles. As long as Rocks AAV comes in $16mil and under.

nzahir
11-15-2017, 07:06 PM
Spurs make the most sense for win now, but will it ruin his legacy to jump to another team and this time it will be kawhis team. Would also need to get rid of Pau I am pretty sure
Mills, Green, Kawhi, Lebron, LA or go Mills, Kawhi, Lebron, LA, Need a C
Have Murray come off the bench to lead second unit guys, lot of young guys they have to re sign though, such as forbes, anderson, bertans

Rockets also make a ton of sense, top 5 ish player in harden, great friend and player in cp3, shooters, wing defenders, Capela. Would need to move anderson and one of these at least(ariza, gordon, or tucker)

Sixers have a lot of young talent but injuries with Embiid can ruin them, simmons and lebron are too similar, and we need to see what fultz is

Bucks dont have space, but it would be nice to see Bledsoe, Brogdan/Snell, Middleton, Lebron, and Giannis switch everything vs the gsw.

Lakers dont make sense atm unless they can get Cousins and others or maybe a big trade for AD but I doubt that happens

Cavs need to make a move, like getting Cousins, to keep lebron. I think he wants to stay because he likes having power here, the hometown story line, and he probably knows it will look bad to leave town again to chase another ring. Gilbert may also get pissed at lebron leaving and never sell him the team in the future, and I think lebron has to think about this.

FlashBolt
11-15-2017, 07:13 PM
Spurs make the most sense for win now, but will it ruin his legacy to jump to another team and this time it will be kawhis team. Would also need to get rid of Pau I am pretty sure
Mills, Green, Kawhi, Lebron, LA or go Mills, Kawhi, Lebron, LA, Need a C
Have Murray come off the bench to lead second unit guys, lot of young guys they have to re sign though, such as forbes, anderson, bertans

Rockets also make a ton of sense, top 5 ish player in harden, great friend and player in cp3, shooters, wing defenders, Capela. Would need to move anderson and one of these at least(ariza, gordon, or tucker)

Sixers have a lot of young talent but injuries with Embiid can ruin them, simmons and lebron are too similar, and we need to see what fultz is

Bucks dont have space, but it would be nice to see Bledsoe, Brogdan/Snell, Middleton, Lebron, and Giannis switch everything vs the gsw.

Lakers dont make sense atm unless they can get Cousins and others or maybe a big trade for AD but I doubt that happens

Cavs need to make a move, like getting Cousins, to keep lebron. I think he wants to stay because he likes having power here, the hometown story line, and he probably knows it will look bad to leave town again to chase another ring. Gilbert may also get pissed at lebron leaving and never sell him the team in the future, and I think lebron has to think about this.

I don't think LeBron can truly ruin his legacy at this point other than if he were to join the Warriors or Boston. Most people have given him a pass for losing in the Finals because they realize the Warriors are just too good. Him going to the Spurs would make it interesting but Warriors still have the leverage there. It's reached the point where LeBron can join any team as long as he can dethrone the Warriors. I don't care what anyone says... LeBron losing in the Finals against the Warriors is not going to change my opinion of him as a player or on my ranking. This isn't your regular NBA team. It's a team that could play bad for three quarters but because of one excellent quarter, blow you away by double-digits.

hugepatsfan
11-15-2017, 07:37 PM
I don't think LeBron can truly ruin his legacy at this point other than if he were to join the Warriors or Boston. Most people have given him a pass for losing in the Finals because they realize the Warriors are just too good. Him going to the Spurs would make it interesting but Warriors still have the leverage there. It's reached the point where LeBron can join any team as long as he can dethrone the Warriors. I don't care what anyone says... LeBron losing in the Finals against the Warriors is not going to change my opinion of him as a player or on my ranking. This isn't your regular NBA team. It's a team that could play bad for three quarters but because of one excellent quarter, blow you away by double-digits.

How would BOS ruin his legacy? I don't think it's any sort of real possibility but I don't see how it would hurt his legacy. Seems to me like it'd be on par with joining HOU or SA, not GS.

FlashBolt
11-15-2017, 07:52 PM
How would BOS ruin his legacy? I don't think it's any sort of real possibility but I don't see how it would hurt his legacy. Seems to me like it'd be on par with joining HOU or SA, not GS.

"LeBron signs with Boston to reunite with Kyrie Irving despite Kyrie Irving leaving because he didn't want to be on LeBron's team."

Yeah, not a good luck for his public image.

Yanks All Day
11-16-2017, 10:25 AM
I'm starting to buy into the Philadelphia 76ers as a potential LeBron James destination. There's a huge question mark still because we haven't seen their young stars stay healthy yet. So if Embiid gets hurt, it all goes out the door, but man do they look enticing right now. Philadelphia checks all the boxes:

Young stars who can carry an offensive load? Simmons and Embiid. Check.
Shooters? Covington and Redick (1 year deal, but he'll be back). Check.
Relevant franchise? The 76ers have plenty of history and a big market. Check.
Cap space? Check. Other than Embiid & Covington, the only semi-big deal is Jerryd Bayless' expiring deal, which will be traded in this scenario.
Depth? Not really an issue, considering role players will sign on for the 1 or 2 years LeBron signs for.

If Philadelphia can sell LeBron on a lineup of:

Simmons / Fultz
Redick
Covington
LeBron / Saric
Embiid

Plus all the other mid-level veterans that sign on, that team is already the Eastern Conference favorite. Not to mention, Philadelphia gets the Lakers' pick as long as it's not 2nd - 5th. So that could be another young, cheap piece. You don't even have to worry about LeBron and Simmons playing the same game, because they're both so unselfish that it blends well together. Barring health issues, they have everything. I'm not sure if they have the ability to beat Golden State (I mean, who does?), but this team gives you shooting, depth, versatility, youth, athleticism, and defensive length. That can be molded over the course of 82 regular season games and 3 playoff series to get ready. Again, it totally hinges on these kids staying healthy, but Philadelphia can be the next great team. It makes a lot of sense.

I do not believe the Lakers hype. That team isn't even close, even if Paul George signs on. A 34 year old LeBron James doesn't need to go to LA to build a brand. He can do that at 38 if he wants. He's not going West, unless it's to San Antonio in my opinion. Even then, that team probably doesn't have what it takes to get past the Warriors. I think he's staying in the East with Cleveland or finding an upstart team to put over the top. Philly strikes me as the perfect 2-3 year opportunity.

warfelg
11-16-2017, 10:34 AM
I'm starting to buy into the Philadelphia 76ers as a potential LeBron James destination. There's a huge question mark still because we haven't seen their young stars stay healthy yet. So if Embiid gets hurt, it all goes out the door, but man do they look enticing right now. Philadelphia checks all the boxes:

Young stars who can carry an offensive load? Simmons and Embiid. Check.
Shooters? Covington and Redick (1 year deal, but he'll be back). Check.
Relevant franchise? The 76ers have plenty of history and a big market. Check.
Cap space? Check. Other than Embiid & Covington, the only semi-big deal is Jerryd Bayless' expiring deal, which will be traded in this scenario.
Depth? Not really an issue, considering role players will sign on for the 1 or 2 years LeBron signs for.

If Philadelphia can sell LeBron on a lineup of:

Simmons / Fultz
Redick
Covington
LeBron / Saric
Embiid

Plus all the other mid-level veterans that sign on,

We don't need all those other mid-level veterans. Because we have at least 1, possibly 2 picks in the first round of this next draft.

I also think that starting lineup would look like:
Simmons/TJ
Fultz/Redick
Covinton/1st Round pick
Bron/Saric
Embiid/Holmes

With still having TLC, Korkmaz, Anderson on the bench. We hold overseas rights to Anzejs Pasecniks (Center), Jonah Bolden (SF/PF), Mathias Lessort (SF/PF), Vasilje Micic (PG). We might have a second 1st round to throw into that mix. So it's a possibility that we need maybe one vet min player.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-16-2017, 10:49 AM
We don't need all those other mid-level veterans. Because we have at least 1, possibly 2 picks in the first round of this next draft.

Simmons/TJ
Fultz/Redick
Covinton/1st Round pick
Bron/Saric
Embiid/Holmes

With still having TLC, Korkmaz, Anderson on the bench. We hold overseas rights to Anzejs Pasecniks (Center), Jonah Bolden (SF/PF), Mathias Lessort (SF/PF), Vasilje Micic (PG). We might have a second 1st round to throw into that mix. So it's a possibility that we need maybe one vet min player.

How can ya afford Redick if ya sign LeBron? Ya said $38M in cap. I could be wrong about LeBron starting at $35M. He could be starting higher then that. Ya would have to add up the years LeBron played and see what the super max is for him. Could be $45M+ per for all I know with new CBA. Yeah you got Bird rights for Redick maybe? Still I think he only signed cause ya gave him $20M.

Not so sure he's a ring chaser for vet minimum yet. Also Even with LeBron no way ya beat Warriors just yet. Embiid has to prove he can stay healthy year round and healthy into the playoffs. Possibly heavy minutes if ya make it to the finals to go toe to toe with Green. I'm sure Green will be playing near 35 minutes or more. Embiid barely played like 80 games his whole career.

Even if 76ers made finals with LeBron. I would say Embiid would have sea legs by then. Then if it became a trade this year. My guess Cavs would want Simmons at the bare minimum. That's if Cavs slip and LeBron got pouty and waived his trade clause for a couple teams.

warfelg
11-16-2017, 11:00 AM
No bird rights. Min/the plethora of extensions. Could salary dump a bench guy like TLC to free up a couple mil is we wanted to.

Yanks All Day
11-16-2017, 11:02 AM
How can ya afford Redick if ya sign LeBron? Ya said $38M in cap. I could be wrong about LeBron starting at $35M. He could be starting higher then that. Ya would have to add up the years LeBron played and see what the super max is for him. Could be $45M+ per for all I know with new CBA. Yeah you got Bird rights for Redick maybe? Still I think he only signed cause ya gave him $20M.

Not so sure he's a ring chaser for vet minimum yet. Also Even with LeBron no way ya beat Warriors just yet. Embiid has to prove he can stay healthy year round and healthy into the playoffs. Possibly heavy minutes if ya make it to the finals to go toe to toe with Green. I'm sure Green will be playing near 35 minutes or more. Embiid barely played like 80 games his whole career.

Even if 76ers made finals with LeBron. I would say Embiid would have sea legs by then. Then if it became a trade this year. My guess Cavs would want Simmons at the bare minimum. That's if Cavs slip and LeBron got pouty and waived his trade clause for a couple teams.

If LeBron decided he was going to Philly, he'd certainly keep to himself until the off-season. Cleveland isn't trading LeBron at any time, either.

As for Redick, he gets $23 million because he took a (very smart) one year contract. He probably would have signed for $12-13 million for 3-4 years if he wanted length. Reasonable to think that next year, at 34 years old, he's closer to $11-12 million per season. So his price point isn't exactly sky high, either.

Even if Redick prices himself out of Philly, the 76ers could use the Lakers' draft pick to get a shooter to pair with Covington. Play Simmons / SG / Covington / LeBron / Embiid, or turn around and use the pick on a SF/PF and go Simmons / Covington / LeBron / PF / Embiid and have a huge, athletic, versatile team.

Point is, life is about options, and Philly has options. Their biggest question mark isn't talent - it's health.

warfelg
11-16-2017, 11:02 AM
Also not sure he’s a ring chaser for the vet min yet? He’ll be 34 next year

hugepatsfan
11-16-2017, 11:06 AM
76ers are easily a realistic destination for Lebron basketball wise. I see two obstacles:

1) Are Embiid/Simmons CHAMPIONSHIP ready. Usually guys take even a couple of years after becoming elite players to get there.

2) Lack of "his guys". He'd be playing with a bunch of guys 10-15 years younger than him. We know he's a "clique-y" guy. So I just wonder if culturally he might rather play with people his own age instead of just going to be grandpa in Philly.

I think those are legit issues to consider but Philly should surely be in the discussion for him IMO.

hugepatsfan
11-16-2017, 11:08 AM

He'd still be able to get a full MLE type deal from some mid-tier team (or a top team if they aren't limited to taxpayer's exception) IMO. Just because shooting generally ages well.

Regardless, him going back to Philly for vet min is absurd because he's be a room exception guy for sure. And that could be realistic if he didn't demand the long-term security of a full MLE deal. For one year it's not a massive difference but it'd be tough for him to turn down security until he's almost 40, which I think he can get. I wouldn't plan on anyone doing that but I wouldn't be shocked if he did, if that makes sense.

Regardless, Philly would have fine depth either way.

warfelg
11-16-2017, 11:09 AM
Actually Simmons is one of LeBrons guys. Represented by Clutch sports, work out together, LeBron calls Simmons his “little bro”.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-16-2017, 11:10 AM

Ring chaser as in legit ring team like Warriors I meant. Ya with LeBron 76ers playoffs even with a injured Embiid. But ya know what I mean. Warriors been there and done that. They're a shoe in every year till luxury tax breaks up their big 4. Also LeBron has a ton of mileage. Like Hugepatsfan made a point as well. I think LeBron would be more comfortable with a banana boat team with Rockets or start a new one in LA. Yeah Philly has sexy pieces. But health is a concern.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-16-2017, 11:11 AM
Actually Simmons is one of LeBrons guys. Represented by Clutch sports, work out together, LeBron calls Simmons his “little bro”.

Irving was called little bro. Look how that turned out.

hugepatsfan
11-16-2017, 11:14 AM

Hmmm... that's very interesting.

I do still wonder how Lebron would feel playing with such a huge generation gap. Guys like Embiid/Simmons would probably be better friends with his son than him lol

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-16-2017, 11:15 AM
Houston or LA (Clippers or Lakers)

He's not leaving for any other team.

Maybe Clippers when they had CP3. Heck Clippers were listening to offers for Jordan with Rockets this summer for Capela and others. But that's as far as that went. But with Blake extension Clippers all in yet. I haven't checked the Clippers cap. Do they have cap to sign LeBron? Or they have to let Jordan walk to sign LeBron?

beasted86
11-16-2017, 11:16 AM
Houston or LA (Clippers or Lakers)

He's not leaving for any other team.

Yanks All Day
11-16-2017, 11:18 AM
Hmmm... that's very interesting.

I do still wonder how Lebron would feel playing with such a huge generation gap. Guys like Embiid/Simmons would probably be better friends with his son than him lol

It's funny because I'm not sure how LeBron and Embiid mix personality-wise, but I'm 100% sure the social media back-and-forths would be gold. LeBron posts something indirect and passive-aggressive, Embiid posts something hilarious as a translation. Everyone enjoys.

LeBron and Simmons, on the other hand, seem like they'd be perfect. It's clear Simmons watched LeBron as he was developing his own game. It's the same type of player. I don't think there would be a better mentor in the NBA for Ben Simmons than LeBron James. I'd be shocked if they weren't off-season workout partners, at the very minimum.

At this point, I think LeBron sees that his banana boat friends just don't have it anymore. He's the only one that has aged well. CP3 is the closest thing to an elite player, but he can't stay healthy. Melo might have some left in the tank, but he's clearly on the downswing. Wade is just done. He's a guy that can run an offense for 3 or 4 minute spurts, but he's not a 25 minute per game guy anymore. He's gotta play 55-60 games at 15 really intense minutes now. LeBron loves these guys, but he's not dumb. He sees how Golden State has become a monster. He's going to look to compete with them while he still has time, not play with friends who can't ball anymore but will still require huge contracts.

Giannis94
11-16-2017, 11:21 AM
Isn’t it clear he’s going to the Knicks??

y. No reason. They don't even have a #1, or even a #2 to complement him

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-16-2017, 11:23 AM
y. No reason. They don't even have a #1, or even a #2 to complement him

Go say that on the Knicks board. I said KP is a one man army and they told me to GTFO. hahahah I was just being honest. What else they got? Hardaway JR over paid and be more less a 6th man at best on most teams. Noah been washed up before they signed him. O'Quinn probably dumped pennies on the dollar soon enough. Kanter is 20/10 guy but no defense.

warfelg
11-16-2017, 11:29 AM
He'd still be able to get a full MLE type deal from some mid-tier team (or a top team if they aren't limited to taxpayer's exception) IMO. Just because shooting generally ages well.

Regardless, him going back to Philly for vet min is absurd because he's be a room exception guy for sure. And that could be realistic if he didn't demand the long-term security of a full MLE deal. For one year it's not a massive difference but it'd be tough for him to turn down security until he's almost 40, which I think he can get. I wouldn't plan on anyone doing that but I wouldn't be shocked if he did, if that makes sense.

Regardless, Philly would have fine depth either way.

And here’s the scenario that clear up that space:

We already will have $35 mil in space (give or take). Don’t pick up the TJ and Holmes options, saves another $3 mil. Attach our own 2019 1st to Bayless to send him out for the rights to some player and a 2nd in a salary dump. Saves another ~$9 mil.

Suddenly that’s roughly $46 mil in cap space.

3 picks over 2 years we can stand to trade our own first in one of those years.

We still keep most of the core in this way. Not only that because of the aptitude Simmons has shown to be able to cover PGs we could send out a 5 man lineup where the shortest guy is the 6’9” Robert Covington.

Philly writers, philly fans...we’ve gone through every possible version of this to keep the core 5, add a max player, and still have some cap space.

prodigy
11-16-2017, 11:36 AM
Does LeBron continue doing one year deals? Or does he do two years deals but with a player option and no trade clause? Or ya think this could be his last big payday before the wheels fall off? Think he signs the big 5 year deal? Most likely year 4 or 5 he will be on the decline by then. Then if he's making $40M+ could be a negative contract if he flat out bottoms out.

He will keep doing one year deals so he can continue to make the most money possible.

prodigy
11-16-2017, 11:37 AM
Irving was called little bro. Look how that turned out.

Irving became a superstar next to Lebron and won a ring. so i would say very very well.

Giannis94
11-16-2017, 12:38 PM
Go say that on the Knicks board. I said KP is a one man army and they told me to GTFO. hahahah I was just being honest. What else they got? Hardaway JR over paid and be more less a 6th man at best on most teams. Noah been washed up before they signed him. O'Quinn probably dumped pennies on the dollar soon enough. Kanter is 20/10 guy but no defense.

Kanter is a 20/10 guy because he has to be. On a contender? I don't think he's that. Maybe as a an all offense, no defense player IIRC. But that's a weird profile because most teams aren't looking for scoring from their 5th man. They're looking for defense. unless im wrong

FlashBolt
11-16-2017, 02:25 PM
LeBron at age 36 will probably still be a top 10 player. Maybe somewhere around the 5-7th spot. The guy could probably play PF for the Sixers, tbh. That would be insanely fun and a matchup nightmare. Ben Simmons+LeBron together and then Embiid trolling the fck outta everyone? Sixers fans, I apologize. You guys were right.

warfelg
11-16-2017, 02:50 PM
LeBron at age 36 will probably still be a top 10 player. Maybe somewhere around the 5-7th spot. The guy could probably play PF for the Sixers, tbh. That would be insanely fun and a matchup nightmare. Ben Simmons+LeBron together and then Embiid trolling the fck outta everyone? Sixers fans, I apologize. You guys were right.

Right side of history.

prodigy
11-16-2017, 03:46 PM

Lebron will most likely do a sign and trade anywhere he goes if he does leave. Simmons will be a cav lol. To play the other side here, Simmons has no jumper. So him and Lebron would clog the paint a lot. Prob wouldn't work like many think. Although those fast breaks would be fun.

FlashBolt
11-16-2017, 05:13 PM
Lebron will most likely do a sign and trade anywhere he goes if he does leave. Simmons will be a cav lol. To play the other side here, Simmons has no jumper. So him and Lebron would clog the paint a lot. Prob wouldn't work like many think. Although those fast breaks would be fun.

You don't need a jumper when you can attack the basket the way LeBron and Simmons can do. Both are elite level passers with a distinct advantage in physique that no one can do anything about it. Simmons was getting quadruple teamed last night and this is a guy who's criticism was of his jump shot.. the dude wasn't even close to the paint and was getting double-triple coverage. Plus, Embiid is a pretty darn good spacer at the C position. It'll take some new pieces on the bench but RoCo is a damn sniper. Not sure if he can keep this up but what if Reddick also stays? The jumper is only a problem when you can't get to the basket. A guy like Giannis hasn't had a jumper since ever and he's causing havoc every game. Give me the guy who can get you a two point instant score over someone who can shoot the ball any day. If we take LeBron out, it might be possible that this Sixers team is better than the Cavs. Besides, it's not like the Cavs currently have shooters at every position.

Embiid already spaces the floor better than TT could if he had ten hands. Rose+Wade? Not really good floor spacers at all. Shump is decent but he takes so few shots that it doesn't really matter. LeBron and Ben Simmons versatility pretty much allow them to play unlimited amount of lineups. Simmons can play PF and then the next play, LeBron plays PF. Or PG. Or SF. Same with Simmons. That's underrated.

Westbrook36
11-16-2017, 05:48 PM

Why would LeBron force a sign and trade to the 76ers? They wouldn't do it anyway and it would weaken his chances at making a run immediately. When he could sign a max contract outright with a little wiggle room the 76ers would have to make.

I'd take him..but I wouldn't give up any of Roco, Fultz, Simmons, or Embiid to make that happen.

Giannis94
11-16-2017, 07:19 PM
Why would LeBron force a sign and trade to the 76ers? They wouldn't do it anyway and it would weaken his chances at making a run immediately. When he could sign a max contract outright with a little wiggle room the 76ers would have to make.

I'd take him..but I wouldn't give up any of Roco, Fultz, Simmons, or Embiid to make that happen.

IF i'm the cavs I don't embiid. way too much risk there. and not enough reward.

FlashBolt
11-17-2017, 01:33 PM

So that the Sixers can potentially clear some cap space as well?

warfelg
11-17-2017, 01:42 PM
So that the Sixers can potentially clear some cap space as well?

We don't need to. Read any of the 4-5 posts in the last 2 days that shows we can do all of this without needing extra cap space.

FlashBolt
11-17-2017, 01:43 PM
We don't need to. Read any of the 4-5 posts in the last 2 days that shows we can do all of this without needing extra cap space.

In the event LeBron wants to get some recruiting action done, though. It'll make some sense if that's how they want to run it.

warfelg
11-17-2017, 01:44 PM
In the event LeBron wants to get some recruiting action done, though. It'll make some sense if that's how they want to run it.

Honestly....I walk away at that point. We have the cap space to sign a max FA outright. I'm not trading something out to make that happen.

IKnowHoops
11-17-2017, 01:50 PM

Simmons/TJ
Fultz/Redick
Covinton/1st Round pick
Bron/Saric
Embiid/Holmes

I like that lineup. I think they would want to bring in some toughness, like a Taj Gibson like player. And another enforcer type, and they could def beat GS next season. Ben and Joel will poss be a top 10 player next year. Playing with the best and they create physical matchup nightmares never before seen. If Joel can be healthy, I love it.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-17-2017, 02:40 PM

Yeah get it both sides to wait and sign him or trade for him. Trading for a guy means ya have him now and hope ya have him signed again. Where like now Lakers didn't trade for PG13. So they have to hope Thunder slip and PG13 still bolts. But Westbrook got extended soon as Thunder traded for PG13 and Melo.

FlashBolt
11-19-2017, 04:02 AM
http://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/music/2017/11/19/jay-z-detroit-lebron-james-big-sean/878458001/

I doubt it happens but the part where Alicia Keys sings the New York chorus and it shows LeBron on the screen singing along to it..

Jeffy25
11-19-2017, 06:53 AM
I think he's staying in Cleveland personally.

Jamiecballer
11-19-2017, 08:23 AM
can Lebron just sign with the 76ers or do they have to do some serious maneuvering to make that happen? i admit i never paid all that much attention to what was happening in Philly until recently but jesus he could sign there and win a trophy every year until he hangs them up. he could retire with 7 or 8 titles even as he transitions from the games best to just pretty good. it almost seems stupid not to. it would create an interesting scenario though to see the hypocrisy of those who can't stop railing against durant doing mental gymnastics to explain how this isn't the exact same thing.

warfelg
11-19-2017, 08:27 AM
can Lebron just sign with the 76ers or do they have to do some serious maneuvering to make that happen? i admit i never paid all that much attention to what was happening in Philly until recently but jesus he could sign there and win a trophy every year until he hangs them up. he could retire with 7 or 8 titles even as he transitions from the games best to just pretty good. it almost seems stupid not to. it would create an interesting scenario though to see the hypocrisy of those who can't stop railing against durant doing mental gymnastics to explain how this isn't the exact same thing.

No serious moving needed. Renouncing all our FA's available get us there. I think a few trades would go along with it so we can keep JJ. Finding a salary dump for Bayless opens up another $9mil. I personally can see Saric traded. This is the benefir of going into the off-season with 6 rookie contracts, 1 max, and 1 moderately priced contract.

Jamiecballer
11-19-2017, 08:35 AM
No serious moving needed. Renouncing all our FA's available get us there. I think a few trades would go along with it so we can keep JJ. Finding a salary dump for Bayless opens up another $9mil. I personally can see Saric traded. This is the benefir of going into the off-season with 6 rookie contracts, 1 max, and 1 moderately priced contract.

the thought of lebron, ben simmons and joel embiid all playing together makes me giddy. absolutely unreal and from where i'm sitting it would be a no-brainer if i were lebron. unless embiid fails to play 50 games this season, that's the only thing i could see de-railing it.

prodigy
11-19-2017, 10:42 AM
If we take LeBron out, it might be possible that this Sixers team is better than the Cavs. Besides, it's not like the Cavs currently have shooters at every position.

Joel shoots like 26% from three, i wouldn't say hes a darn good spacer just yet. Why would u take lebron out? He's a member of the cavs and the team is built around him. I don't get why people say "well if you take lebron off the team". Of course if u remove Lebron they gonna suck lol. Even more so with Thomas still out because the team is built with shooters not play makers.

prodigy
11-19-2017, 10:46 AM

Lebron will want max dollars. only way to do is a sign and trade. If he won't give his home team a discount why the ******* would he give the sixers one? LMAO. Also I do feel Lebron will help the Cavs out and let them get something good in return. This is more likely with the Lakers if Lebron decides he will leave and the team is under performing at Trade deadline.

I said before Lebron on the sixers would be interesting. But its not gonna happen lol.

warfelg
11-19-2017, 10:51 AM
Joel shoots like 26% from three, i wouldn't say hes a darn good spacer just yet. Why would u take lebron out? He's a member of the cavs and the team is built around him. I don't get why people say "well if you take lebron off the team". Of course if u remove Lebron they gonna suck lol. Even more so with Thomas still out because the team is built with shooters not play makers.

I don’t think he’s saying Embiid is a “darn good spacer” rather he’s willing to shoot and can make them to the point where opposing centers do have to follow him out there.

prodigy
11-19-2017, 10:53 AM
the thought of lebron, ben simmons and joel embiid all playing together makes me giddy. absolutely unreal and from where i'm sitting it would be a no-brainer if i were lebron. unless embiid fails to play 50 games this season, that's the only thing i could see de-railing it.

A no Brainer? ease up young man. Lebron has a legacy to protect also you gotta remember that. I highly doubt he wants to be known as a bouncing Betty who jumps on other teams private parts. Don't forget lebron helped build this Cleveland team. He demanded we resign TT, Shump and JR to those awful contracts, He takes the max 33 million a season etc... So its not like his first time here where most the blame was on the front office.

prodigy
11-19-2017, 10:55 AM
I don’t think he’s saying Embiid is a “darn good spacer” rather he’s willing to shoot and can make them to the point where opposing centers do have to follow him out there.

"Embiid is a pretty darn good spacer at the C position" Quote from Flash. He's kinda ok. but i would force him to get in that mid 30's before hes gonna cause real issues.

warfelg
11-19-2017, 11:00 AM
Well he’s already causing issues even at that percent he’s at.

prodigy
11-19-2017, 02:33 PM
Well he’s already causing issues even at that percent he’s at.

Thats because he's a beast animal inside lol. not his 3pt shooting.

warfelg
11-19-2017, 02:46 PM
It’s because of both. You can just leave him unguarded out there. You have to respect it. It’s clearly causing problems because where one of the top teams at scoring in the paint and Simmons is second in the NBA in drives in part because of the pick and pop where the opposing center has to respect Embiids outside shot.

Scoots
11-19-2017, 04:56 PM

Also, it's not a long way to go to get to 33% from 3 for Embiid. When he gets there someone will have to come all the way out to him.

warfelg
11-19-2017, 05:34 PM
Also, it's not a long way to go to get to 33% from 3 for Embiid. When he gets there someone will have to come all the way out to him.

For us stats if you take away the 0-6 against Boston he goes from 25% on the season to 31% on the season. One game so early for him makes it look a lot worse than it is.

Jamiecballer
11-19-2017, 06:39 PM
A no Brainer? ease up young man. Lebron has a legacy to protect also you gotta remember that. I highly doubt he wants to be known as a bouncing Betty who jumps on other teams private parts. Don't forget lebron helped build this Cleveland team. He demanded we resign TT, Shump and JR to those awful contracts, He takes the max 33 million a season etc... So its not like his first time here where most the blame was on the front office.

i like Lebron a lot but it's a tad late for the bolded. that ship has sailed, even if you don't view the moves in a negative or indefensible way.

prodigy
11-22-2017, 11:29 AM
i like Lebron a lot but it's a tad late for the bolded. that ship has sailed, even if you don't view the moves in a negative or indefensible way.

I disagree completely. That cavs team he was on was stuck. they players making to much money and no trade able assets. I hate the way he left but for his career he had too. I'm also not going to fault him for coming back home before he got too old. But if he makes it a habit thats where the problem will be.

prodigy
11-22-2017, 11:35 AM
It’s because of both. You can just leave him unguarded out there. You have to respect it. It’s clearly causing problems because where one of the top teams at scoring in the paint and Simmons is second in the NBA in drives in part because of the pick and pop where the opposing center has to respect Embiids outside shot.

The whole thing was about lebron joining the sixers. Lebron has developed a pretty good 3pt shot now and as he gets older will rely on that even more. but hes still mainly a driver for now. Lebron loves to have shooters around him. I love Simmons but to have great success next to lebron its better if u can shoot some also. Thats all im saying. I think Simmons over time will develop a shot. doesn't have to be great just something defenders have to respect.

Tg11
12-05-2017, 02:32 PM
As far as destinations where LeBron could land:

LeBron simply put he wants to win titles and I don't blame LeBron for wanting to leave Cleveland a 2nd time especially if they can't win another title now or if they won't...then as far as teams I could see him on:

1- San Antonio Spurs- LeBron has never played for that iconic coach and if he wants to win a ring with an iconic coach who better than Popovic? I mean Popovic being perhaps one of the greatest coaches in NBA history being paired with perhaps the greatest player of this generation...add that with a healthy Kawhi I think the Spurs would be right up there with the Warriors especially if LeBron were to go to San Antonio

2- New York Knicks- If L.A. is supposed to be bright lights big city big stage then why not New York? If L.A. is attractive because of all the glamour behind it then why not New York? New York is just as big a city as L.A. and LeBron already being an icon in this game if he were to go there along with KP

3- Philadelphia 76ers- Most definitely one of my picks as far as cities LeBron should go to...think about it...with Simmons, Embiid and Fultz who has not even come to play yet but add LeBron to that mix...LeBron playing with those young guys and as LeBron starts to decline and they reach their prime they can help him win titles.

4- Minnesota Timberwolves- For the same reason as the 76ers. Add LeBron to that team and you have Butler, Wiggins and Towns that is an instant title contender. I don't care what anyone says they would dethrone Golden State.

More-Than-Most
12-05-2017, 02:46 PM
this is going to be one hell of an interesting off season because Lebron could destroy the warriors reign.... all warrior fans better pray he sticks with cleveland because of he goes to any of those teams in the post above the warriors will be in some trouble.

mike_noodles
12-05-2017, 02:48 PM
What about Toronto as a dark horse? It would take a lot to make it work financially. But there's a team been knocking on Cleveland's door, huge basketball market, he's the guy that could put them over the top.

I don't ever believe it would happen, but they would have a better shot than most other teams in the league to win with him.

Tg11
12-05-2017, 02:48 PM
I know right but LeBron if he switches conferences and goes to the West he will no doubt have to go face to face with the Warriors whether that be in the 2nd round or Conference Finals and if he can beat them in that hump and make it to the Finals in the West with whatever team he goes to think about that let that set in

Tg11
12-05-2017, 02:51 PM
What about Toronto as a dark horse? It would take a lot to make it work financially. But there's a team been knocking on Cleveland's door, huge basketball market, he's the guy that could put them over the top.

I don't ever believe it would happen, but they would have a better shot than most other teams in the league to win with him.

LeBron to the Raptors they would have to give up a lot to get LeBron but if LeBron chose to come here to the Raptors then they would be an instant title contender with him, Lowry and DeRozan then that would attract other free agents to want to come to Toronto because of LeBron

Raptors would get more exposure not just on a global scale because of LeBron add that the Drizzy Drake factor on top of it

WaDe03
12-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Tg11 is not ****ing around today!

Tg11
12-05-2017, 03:16 PM
LeBron to the Lakers...if he were to go there it is only because he lives out in L.A. or he has a house out there but other than that it would take a lot to get LeBron to go to La La Land to Laker Land but since Magic is running the show it is practically inevitable LeBron will be in a Laker uniform next season

But then there is the issue of Lonzo Ball...can LeBron play with Lonzo? Can Lonzo play with LeBron?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-05-2017, 03:22 PM
It'll take a haul for Lakers to salary dump Deng. Also renounce KCP and Lopez and RFA Randle. Then LeBron and whatever is left after the Deng trade? Bit thin in the tough west. Lakers would have to hope in trading Randle and Clarkson for expiring Moose to get the cap management going. Deng will be a bit tricky. Probably takes Ingram or Kuzma to dump Deng. Lakers should of went all in trading for PG13 instead of trying to land him as a free agent.

Tg11
12-05-2017, 03:28 PM
LeBron he even as much said himself he wouldn't go to the Clippers. Furthermore, I am not worried about that. However, if LeBron were to join the Rockets...now that would be a contender in the West am I right or am I wrong? Think about it Harden, LeBron and Banana Boat buddy Chris Paul. Add to that the pieces they already have along with LeBron in Houston. I am saying they could challenge Golden State.

dhopisthename
12-05-2017, 03:29 PM
with the assumption that Lebron would only sign for a max contract, minnesota has no cap space to even think about signing lebron without dumping some massive salary. Same for the Raptors. it might come down to the 76ers and the cavs.

Driven
12-05-2017, 03:36 PM
The 76ers make a lot of sense to me. I'm starting to think he'll end up there.

Tg11
12-05-2017, 03:41 PM
with the assumption that Lebron would only sign for a max contract, minnesota has no cap space to even think about signing lebron without dumping some massive salary. Same for the Raptors. it might come down to the 76ers and the cavs.

Yeah if I were the Raps I would unload Lowry, Serge and JV's contracts in order to get LeBron...small sacrifice to pay but I would do it if I were the Raptors

I would have said OKC for LeBron but add that they already have Westbrook, Melo and PG-13 yeah getting LeBron would never work

Houston definitely has to be considered like come on

IndyRealist
12-05-2017, 03:43 PM

If Lebrons wants to go to a capped out team, I think Cleveland will make a sign and trade happen. They're maneuvering to not be irrelevant when Lebron bails. I could see Wiggins or DeRozan ending up in Ohio.

Tg11
12-05-2017, 03:48 PM
If Lebrons wants to go to a capped out team, I think Cleveland will make a sign and trade happen. They're maneuvering to not be irrelevant when Lebron bails. I could see Wiggins or DeRozan ending up in Ohio.

DeRozan for LeBron would Cleveland even want to do that? I think not and no way LeBron would want to even go to Toronto

Minnesota maybe but even then trading Wiggins for LeBron...I would do it because if LeBron bails you still have Kevin Love and Isaiah Thomas add Wiggins into that mix they could still be a contender in the East especially if Wade were to stay too

IndyRealist
12-05-2017, 03:53 PM
DeRozan for LeBron would Cleveland even want to do that? I think not and no way LeBron would want to even go to Toronto

Minnesota maybe but even then trading Wiggins for LeBron...I would do it because if LeBron bails you still have Kevin Love and Isaiah Thomas add Wiggins into that mix they could still be a contender in the East especially if Wade were to stay too

I like IT/DeRozan/Love infinitely more than I do IT/Wiggins/Love. Shrug.

Tg11
12-05-2017, 03:58 PM
LeBron to the Spurs how could no one love that? I mean LeBron on the Spurs they could instantly challenge the Warriors...pair him up with Kawhi a healthy Kawhi no less and then add to that Popovic perhaps the greatest coach in the NBA right now the most iconic coach with LeBron he would not only make their offense better as far as them being a defensive minded team but they would be much more explosive with LeBron

I mean the Spurs do have the cap space to land LeBron

Firefistus
12-05-2017, 04:01 PM

That's not how Sign and Trades work anyways. You can't trade Wiggins for LeBron because they would be over the cap. You would have to trade equal money, and you can't max out Wiggins to the same cap that LeBron is on right now because he's coming off his rookie contract. So you would have to at least offer equal money, and that would chop up the roster making it less desirable.

Tg11
12-05-2017, 04:04 PM
That's not how Sign and Trades work anyways. You can't trade Wiggins for LeBron because they would be over the cap. You would have to trade equal money, and you can't max out Wiggins to the same cap that LeBron is on right now because he's coming off his rookie contract. So you would have to at least offer equal money, and that would chop up the roster making it less desirable.

Okay then other teams who are not over their cap well there's Milwaukee, Chicago, Miami believe it or not LeBron going back to the Heat could happen or even teams like the Phoenix Suns

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-05-2017, 04:07 PM
LeBron he even as much said himself he wouldn't go to the Clippers. Furthermore, I am not worried about that. However, if LeBron were to join the Rockets...now that would be a contender in the West am I right or am I wrong? Think about it Harden, LeBron and Banana Boat buddy Chris Paul. Add to that the pieces they already have along with LeBron in Houston. I am saying they could challenge Golden State.

Who is taking dead weight Anderson? Most teams wanted two first round picks to eat his contract.

Tg11
12-05-2017, 04:12 PM
Who is taking dead weight Anderson? Most teams wanted two first round picks to eat his contract.

A team that is really desperate and if LeBron wants to go to Houston he will

IndyRealist
12-05-2017, 04:14 PM

Tax paying teams can take back 125% of outgoing salary.

Wiggin's max is 25% of the cap, while Lebron's is 35%. We'll pretend it's $25m and $35m just to be easy. 125% of Wiggin's max is $31.25m, and they can throw in up to $3m cash. So they would need to make up $750k in salary difference. In the unlikely event Wiggins makes an all-nba team, he qualifies for 30% of the cap, meaning they can be traded even.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Two late firsts from Rockets isn't much value. Them are like early second round picks. Heck most teams buy a second round pick if they want them. Not many teams with a ton of cap either. Market is drying up fast.

Tg11
12-05-2017, 04:18 PM
LeBron to the 76ers well he would turn them into a contender instantly. Think about it Ben Simmons is often compared to LeBron and to have the opportunity to not only play with LeBron but to learn from him as well Ben Simmons would hit his ceiling. Not to mention you have Embiid there as well and he & LeBron playing together would be scary. Add to that Fultz also being mentored by LeBron playing with him he would only get better as well and the 76ers could not only dethrone the Cavs but also challenge other teams in the East should LeBron go to Philly.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-05-2017, 04:24 PM
Okay then other teams who are not over their cap well there's Milwaukee, Chicago, Miami believe it or not LeBron going back to the Heat could happen or even teams like the Phoenix Suns

Bucks had cap. But traded expiring Moose. Now we maybe got about $18M or so to keep RFA Parker with his own Bird rights. Yeah I could see if Bucks landed Jordan. LeBron is kinda close with Bledsoe and Jordan. But doubt Cavs do the Bucks any favors in a sign and trade. Depends what is offered in a Jordan trade. But even if its Brogdon and whatever.

Bucks could try a sign and trade with Cavs of Middleton,Parker and 2022 first for LeBron. Wade probably follows him. Bledsoe,Wade,LeBron,Giannis,Jordan not to shabby in weak east. But I dont see Cavs doing any favors. I think LeBron stays with Cavs. I'm sure Philly would be tempting for LeBron though.

BKLYNpigeon
12-05-2017, 04:29 PM
No way Lebron leaves the Cavs unless its for a Big Market.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-05-2017, 04:33 PM
What about LeBron to Boston? They have picks and/or youth, could flip Hayward or whatever. Hayward was kinda bummed out when IT got traded. IT was one of the reasons he went to Boston besides ties with the coach. IT recruiting Hayward hard. Only reason no. Cause Irving doesn't want to be little brother. hahahaha But nah cant picture LeBron following Irving.

Tg11
12-05-2017, 04:44 PM
LeBron to the Bulls I can't see that ever happening but if it did then the MJ comparisons wouldn't stop ad nauseum especially if he were to go to Chicago but like I said that would never ever happen but as for LeBron to the Mavs that would never happen either

Now LeBron going to a team like the Rockets could but then again LeBron if he wants to go to a big market the only big markets where LeBron could thrive: Lakers, Heat, Knicks flat out period

TheDish87
12-05-2017, 04:51 PM

lol no

TheDish87
12-05-2017, 04:53 PM
LeBron to the 76ers well he would turn them into a contender instantly. Think about it Ben Simmons is often compared to LeBron and to have the opportunity to not only play with LeBron but to learn from him as well Ben Simmons would hit his ceiling. Not to mention you have Embiid there as well and he & LeBron playing together would be scary. Add to that Fultz also being mentored by LeBron playing with him he would only get better as well and the 76ers could not only dethrone the Cavs but also challenge other teams in the East should LeBron go to Philly.

how would Simmons hit his ceiling deferring to Lebron?

Tg11
12-05-2017, 04:58 PM

Well because Simmons he plays similarly to a young LeBron back when LeBron was first starting out in his early years and Simmons with the numbers he has put up or continues to put up on a nightly basis already being compared to LeBron and having the chance to play with LeBron he would only get better by playing with LeBron come on

hugepatsfan
12-05-2017, 05:05 PM
What about LeBron to Boston? They have picks and/or youth, could flip Hayward or whatever. Hayward was kinda bummed out when IT got traded. IT was one of the reasons he went to Boston besides ties with the coach. IT recruiting Hayward hard. Only reason no. Cause Irving doesn't want to be little brother. hahahaha But nah cant picture LeBron following Irving.

Kyrie tried to recruit Hayward to CLE when he was an RFA (before Lebron signed). They were actually really excited to play with each other. Everyone in BOS was making jokes about how they kept staring at each other longingly in the press conference lmao

Yeah, no way Lebron ever comes to BOS even before Kyrie.

Hawkeye15
12-05-2017, 05:12 PM

Wiggins is so meh

Tg11
12-05-2017, 05:15 PM
If LeBron stays in Cleveland then that would be the best thing for him

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-05-2017, 05:23 PM
If LeBron stays in Cleveland then that would be the best thing for him

Probably trade Love? Probably trade Thompson,Shumpert and Cavs own first for another win now piece. I doubt Gilbert trades the Nets pick. But if Lin and Russell get back soon and win some more that pick be lucky to hang around #8 to #10 range lottery. Was like #6 last week without Lin and Russell. What about Love to Blazers for CJ McCollum? Blazers probably say no.

Tg11
12-05-2017, 05:41 PM
LeBron to the Blazers imagine

Driven
12-05-2017, 05:47 PM

Moving Anderson is tough, but while his contract is bloated, he can be an effective player. The problem is that he doesn't work for a competing team due to his contract, and he doesn't work for a tanking team due to the length of his contract. However, he is still a productive player in the league, and there are worse contracts out there.

The Rockets do have pieces like Capela (potential sign and trade) and Eric Gordon who could be intriguing for some teams.

TheDish87
12-05-2017, 05:49 PM
Well because Simmons he plays similarly to a young LeBron back when LeBron was first starting out in his early years and Simmons with the numbers he has put up or continues to put up on a nightly basis already being compared to LeBron and having the chance to play with LeBron he would only get better by playing with LeBron come on

i dont think he gets better playing with lebron, he alrady talks to him and trains with him, thats plenty. he wold ahve to defer to lebron and you wouldnt see the same player you see now. its not like lebron is exactly known for making players better

Tg11
12-05-2017, 05:51 PM
Yeah but he makes offenses better look at the teams he has been on the Cavs and the Heat...enough said

Giannis94
12-05-2017, 11:22 PM
The 76ers make a lot of sense to me. I'm starting to think he'll end up there.
Too risky of a proposition on an injury prone roster

JAZZNC
12-06-2017, 02:10 AM
Exactly. Bringing LeBron to the Sixers IMO would be a detriment. They will be coming into their own when GS/whatever team LeBron is on is coming down. Simmons and LeBron is a terrible fit. LeBron needs shooters and Simmons isn't that. Their skills are too overlapping and if I were a Sixer fan I would want Simmons to do his thing and not deferring to James. He wouldn't get the experience needed to reach his potential.

I think he's a bad fit for the Bucks for the same reason. Giannis isn't a shooter and I think they would be in each other's way. I dunno, Spurs sounds great but I don't know the cap situation.

FlashBolt
12-06-2017, 02:43 AM
Exactly. Bringing LeBron to the Sixers IMO would be a detriment. They will be coming into their own when GS/whatever team LeBron is on is coming down. Simmons and LeBron is a terrible fit. LeBron needs shooters and Simmons isn't that. Their skills are too overlapping and if I were a Sixer fan I would want Simmons to do his thing and not deferring to James. He wouldn't get the experience needed to reach his potential.

I think he's a bad fit for the Bucks for the same reason. Giannis isn't a shooter and I think they would be in each other's way. I dunno, Spurs sounds great but I don't know the cap situation.

I think you guys are overrating Simmons's growth just because LeBron is there.

1) Simmons already has a polished NBA game. His rebounding/passing skills are already one of the best. LeBron being there wouldn't hurt him as much as you guys think because we're going to see a Simmons benefit from making better passes, easier shot opportunities, and also, learning from the best in the game.

2) LeBron benefits as well. He doesn't have to bring the ball up every play. He can play off-ball more at his age. He can play more post. He'll be able to play p&r with two seven footers. I mean, LeBron isn't slowing down now but in two years, it'll make total sense for his career to eventually hit the point where he needs to be on a team that favors his body.

3) LeBron+Simmons creates a matchup nightmare. I'm not sure how you guard those two and then have to also focus on Embiid. LeBron+Simmons could easily play 3-4 positions each.. that versatility can eliminate any awkward fits that wouldn't work on most teams. They could have LeBron play point and Simmons PF and then the very next play, Simmons plays PG and LeBron switches up on PF.

I mean, LeBron has already talked about giving Kyrie the lead when Kyrie was ready for it. I don't think he wouldn't have given Simmons's the amount of respect if it required it.

More-Than-Most
12-06-2017, 03:09 AM
Too risky of a proposition on an injury prone roster

Injury prone roster that wins :shrug:

Jeffy25
12-06-2017, 04:00 AM
No way Bron is restricted by signing a max contract

prodigy
12-06-2017, 09:57 AM
another thread of this? LMAO!

I don't believe he goes out West or even considers it. Theres a chance out west he won't make the NBA finals. In the East its pretty much a guarantee he will. So i instantly remove all West teams. Knicks are crap and Lebron with KP won't win ships they would need more. Only team in the East that Lebron would look at is the sixers. But that team has a lot of injury baggage and Lebron will def follow that.

End of the day lebron will sign a one year max contract with the Cavs. Will be interesting to see what Cleveland does with that nets pick. Do they package it with other pieces and go after a good player now, or keep it and hope its a high pick or move up in draft.

Cavs have the ability to bring everyone back and add talent. Cleveland's in a very good spot right now.

KnickNyKnick
12-06-2017, 10:17 AM
probably depends on what happens this year. If the Cavs make the finals then hes probably resigning short term. They could then use the draft pick and trade for another allstar.

Heediot
12-06-2017, 10:17 AM
speculation would be better once it plays 15-20 games and James has a full roster to work with. I can only see him leaving for Spurs or Rockets.

FlashBolt
12-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Rockets salary cap sucks. If they resign CP3, they have to also resign Ariza, Capela, and a few other players. LeBron ain't going there.

LOb0
12-06-2017, 01:31 PM
I think he's going to SA. There's no where else that has the talent he wants. The Lakers could be possible if they got PG but I don't think that's enough for him.

SfgiantsJD3
12-06-2017, 05:01 PM
Lakers, get LaVar Ball to coach and get the Ball brothers on the team. Best ever entertainment for the E channel.

Vee-Rex
12-06-2017, 05:06 PM
Lakers, get LaVar Ball to coach and get the Ball brothers on the team. Best ever entertainment for the E channel.

Here's your 2018-19 Los Angeles Lakers.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/G0OOqU8Bnx8/maxresdefault.jpg

FlashBolt
12-06-2017, 05:08 PM

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/G0OOqU8Bnx8/maxresdefault.jpg

KD in the Lakers only if Lakers win a championship. That's the KD way.

lol, please
12-06-2017, 05:08 PM

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/G0OOqU8Bnx8/maxresdefault.jpgIs that your 2k18 Lakers team? :laugh2:

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Htownballa1622
12-06-2017, 05:44 PM
Rockets salary cap sucks. If they resign CP3, they have to also resign Ariza, Capela, and a few other players. LeBron ain't going there.

Is Spurs cap much better?

Who's to say Morey won't make the numbers work?

Dump a few players and I'm sure it's possible. Really up to Lebron.

KingPosey
12-06-2017, 06:00 PM
LeBron to the Raptors they would have to give up a lot to get LeBron but if LeBron chose to come here to the Raptors then they would be an instant title contender with him, Lowry and DeRozan then that would attract other free agents to want to come to Toronto because of LeBron

Raptors would get more exposure not just on a global scale because of LeBron add that the Drizzy Drake factor on top of it
So, we talkin' intergalactic then?

FlashBolt
12-06-2017, 06:06 PM
Is Spurs cap much better?

Who's to say Morey won't make the numbers work?

Dump a few players and I'm sure it's possible. Really up to Lebron.

They have a better roster overall with players who can play both sides of the floor. I like the Spurs better. Kawhi is a bargain.

mightybosstone
12-06-2017, 06:22 PM

Sign and trade, dude. If he wants to go to Houston, Morey can absolutely make it happen.

mightybosstone
12-06-2017, 06:26 PM
They have a better roster overall with players who can play both sides of the floor. I like the Spurs better. Kawhi is a bargain.

The Spurs roster is also really dependent on guys (Pau, Parker and Manu) who will be out of the league in 2-3 seasons. Houston has a top 5 player at his peak, a top 10-15 player at the tail end of his prime with a skillset that should age well and a ton of quality role players age 32 and younger. The only really "old" guy on the team is Nene.

Throw in Lebron's tight relationship with CP3 and his ideal fit on the Rockets roster, and I think Houston has a much, much better case to get him than the Spurs do.

FlashBolt
12-06-2017, 06:41 PM
The Spurs roster is also really dependent on guys (Pau, Parker and Manu) who will be out of the league in 2-3 seasons. Houston has a top 5 player at his peak, a top 10-15 player at the tail end of his prime with a skillset that should age well and a ton of quality role players age 32 and younger. The only really "old" guy on the team is Nene.

Throw in Lebron's tight relationship with CP3 and his ideal fit on the Rockets roster, and I think Houston has a much, much better case to get him than the Spurs do.

Parker+Manu are on their way out. Parker will be a free agent and Manu is signing for pennies. They are a non-issue. Kawhi is probably a better player than Harden (he might not be as good as pumping stats up) IMO. And I'm not exactly sure how Rockets can sign CP3 and LeBron while having to deal with replacing Capela (assuming they choose not to resign). Plus, that's three ball dominant players. Spurs really don't need Kawhi to be ball dominant so LeBron would probably lead that team in possessions. A duo of LeBron+Kawhi is something the Warriors don't want to play against. Pau Gasol will be old but he's one of those guys who has an aging game. Not overly concerned with his abilities at his age. CP3 is also becoming an injury prone player. It seems like every season, he has an injury. I'm not sure a pairing of Pop+LeBron would go as smooth as some believe considering LeBron likes being in control but what Pop would be able to do in preserving players and maximizing on-court talent will prolong LeBron's career.

FlashBolt
12-06-2017, 07:00 PM
I was thinking that too. Houston with LeBron is legitimately as good as Golden State, even if Paul becomes even more of a redundancy.

Kawhi+LeBron+Aldridge or Harden+LeBron+CP3? There's just way too much of an overlap in comparative abilities in Houston and I'm not exactly sold on the Rockets in the playoffs yet. I think Kawhi being out has cost him being the MVP leader this season or at the very least, a top three candidate. People really are forgetting how good he is. We're talking about a guy who was dominating the Warriors in game 1 of the WCF and as soon as he got injured, KD began scoring.

mrblisterdundee
12-06-2017, 07:00 PM

I was thinking that too. Houston with LeBron is legitimately as good as Golden State, even if Paul becomes even more of a redundancy. I'm not really worried about Morey being able to make space — that guy's a cap space magician.

FlashBolt
12-06-2017, 07:03 PM
Kawhi led the league in playoffs PER last season. Averaged 28/8/5 and was consistently guarding the best player on the opposing team. Please don't forget how great this guy is. Most had him above Harden in TOP NBA PLAYERS. Don't forget.

mightybosstone
12-06-2017, 07:27 PM
I posted this in the last thread about this a few weeks ago, but I believe these numbers are updated as of Nov. 17. Here are the odds on who Lebron will play for next season:

Cleveland Cavaliers +125
Los Angeles Lakers +275
Houston Rockets +500
San Antonio Spurs +1200
Philadelphia 76ers +2000
Charlotte Hornets +3300
Miami Heat +3300
Milwaukee Bucks +3300
Boston Celtics +2500
Chicago Bulls +5000
Denver Nuggets +5000
Washington Wizards +5000
Memphis Grizzlies +5000
New York Knicks +5000
Toronto Raptors +6600
Atlanta Hawks +10000
Brooklyn Nets +10000
Dallas Mavericks +10000
Detroit Pistons +10000
Indiana Pacers +10000
Orlando Magic +10000
Phoenix Suns +10000
Sacramento Kings +10000
Utah Jazz +10000

Flashbolt, you'll note that Houston's odds are more than twice as good as San Antonio's. And given that this was in the middle of Houston's dominating November, I'm guessing their odds have probably only improved over that time.

Htownballa1622
12-06-2017, 07:31 PM
Parker+Manu are on their way out. Parker will be a free agent and Manu is signing for pennies. They are a non-issue. Kawhi is probably a better player than Harden (he might not be as good as pumping stats up) IMO. And I'm not exactly sure how Rockets can sign CP3 and LeBron while having to deal with replacing Capela (assuming they choose not to resign). Plus, that's three ball dominant players. Spurs really don't need Kawhi to be ball dominant so LeBron would probably lead that team in possessions. A duo of LeBron+Kawhi is something the Warriors don't want to play against. Pau Gasol will be old but he's one of those guys who has an aging game. Not overly concerned with his abilities at his age. CP3 is also becoming an injury prone player. It seems like every season, he has an injury. I'm not sure a pairing of Pop+LeBron would go as smooth as some believe considering LeBron likes being in control but what Pop would be able to do in preserving players and maximizing on-court talent will prolong LeBron's career.

Your reasoning was the same reasoning as why CP3 would choose San Antonio over Houston.

Now, cp3 is in Houston and guess who he's buddies with?

FlashBolt
12-06-2017, 07:41 PM
Your reasoning was the same reasoning as why CP3 would choose San Antonio over Houston.

Now, cp3 is in Houston and guess who he's buddies with?

What does this have to do with anything? CP3 chose Houston. That doesn't change the fact that Spurs probably would have made more sense. And CP3 also chose Clippers. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove by what you just said.

mightybosstone
12-06-2017, 07:43 PM
Parker+Manu are on their way out. Parker will be a free agent and Manu is signing for pennies. They are a non-issue. Kawhi is probably a better player than Harden (he might not be as good as pumping stats up) IMO. And I'm not exactly sure how Rockets can sign CP3 and LeBron while having to deal with replacing Capela (assuming they choose not to resign).
Sign and trade, bro. Between Anderson, Gordon and Tucker, two of those guys and/or other pieces would add up to a pretty solid contract for Lebron. They could sign and trade for Lebron, re-sign Paul to a solid contract and still have money left over to pay Capela since they have both Paul and Capela's Bird rights.

Plus, that's three ball dominant players.
Lebron has thrived in his career playing next to ball-dominant players. Why couldn't he do it in Houston?

Spurs really don't need Kawhi to be ball dominant so LeBron would probably lead that team in possessions. A duo of LeBron+Kawhi is something the Warriors don't want to play against. Pau Gasol will be old but he's one of those guys who has an aging game. Not overly concerned with his abilities at his age. CP3 is also becoming an injury prone player. It seems like every season, he has an injury. I'm not sure a pairing of Pop+LeBron would go as smooth as some believe considering LeBron likes being in control but what Pop would be able to do in preserving players and maximizing on-court talent will prolong LeBron's career.
I don't think Paul being injury prone outweighs Lebron's close friendship with the guy. That's the key piece of this puzzle that you're missing. I have no clue what Lebron's relationships are with guys in San Antonio, but I know he's close with Paul. And the guy clearly wants to play in places he has close ties to or players he's close with. I don't know that San Antonio really offers either.

mightybosstone
12-06-2017, 07:49 PM
Kawhi led the league in playoffs PER last season. Averaged 28/8/5 and was consistently guarding the best player on the opposing team. Please don't forget how great this guy is. Most had him above Harden in TOP NBA PLAYERS. Don't forget.

Nobody here is saying that he's not. He's amazing. When healthy, you could make a strong case that he's better than Harden, especially in the playoffs. But that can't be the only factor when you have other teams out there that just have much better arguments. Paul is a better player and a better attraction for Lebron than Aldridge is, and Houston's supporting cast is better. You could throw in the coaching advantage of Pop, but as you already said, he's a pretty polarizing coach, and not everybody would want to play for him.

FlashBolt
12-06-2017, 07:51 PM
Sign and trade, bro. Between Anderson, Gordon and Tucker, two of those guys and/or other pieces would add up to a pretty solid contract for Lebron. They could sign and trade for Lebron, re-sign Paul to a solid contract and still have money left over to pay Capela since they have both Paul and Capela's Bird rights.

Lebron has thrived in his career playing next to ball-dominant players. Why couldn't he do it in Houston?

I don't think Paul being injury prone outweighs Lebron's close friendship with the guy. That's the key piece of this puzzle that you're missing. I have no clue what Lebron's relationships are with guys in San Antonio, but I know he's close with Paul. And the guy clearly wants to play in places he has close ties to or players he's close with. I don't know that San Antonio really offers either.

Why would Cleveland take those guys in a sign and trade? This seems far too complicated and you would be losing shooters that have had a huge impact for the Rockets this season. I didn't say LeBron wouldn't thrive but you're talking about three players who distinctively need the ball at all times to be useful. At least when he was in Miami, Wade was already on his way out of his prime days and it was just Kyrie in Cleveland who needed the ball. As for CP3's injury, maybe it does or maybe it doesn't. Can't say that isn't a valid argument to be had.

FlashBolt
12-06-2017, 07:54 PM

LaMarcus has more value when you take into account that he doesn't really need the ball to be effective. Not really fair to compare him to CP3 in terms of individual value. I'm just making a case that a Kawhi+LeBron duo makes more sense to me than a Harden+LeBron duo. And then you have to consider the other variables such as how the Rockets would most likely have to reshape their entire roster - the same roster that has been injected with three point shooting fuel. Capela+Andersen+Gordon+Tucker are four of your top six players. Not really a good idea to start trading everyone when you guys are having a really good season.

mngopher35
12-06-2017, 08:12 PM
I am a little surprised our odds are better than the Spurs. This would be incredible lol. I just can't imagine Lebron actually coming to Minnesota if he leaves so it is weird we are that high.

Lebron-Wiggins-Butler-Taj-Towns with Tyus/crawford/vet min/Bjelica/vet min (or Cole Aldrich) off the bench would probably be like best case in that? Teague/Dieng/Okc pick/future first. Given it will be with Cle we might need a 3rd team if Teague/Dieng are even tradeable at their prices. Small ball might have trouble with that size and who does Curry guard? Interesting even if not as good.

My guess is from their side Wiggins would be needed? I dunno if they are just content with Lebron and would be ok with mostly picks type return or what (make sure they get some value but if he wants to go let him go basically). I am not sure I even see him leaving honestly but who really knows it likely depends how things play out in the playoffs. Rockets seem like an obvious destination, especially if they make it somewhat close this year.

FlashBolt
12-06-2017, 08:13 PM
I am a little surprised our odds are better than the Spurs. This would be incredible lol. I just can't imagine Lebron actually coming to Minnesota if he leaves so it is weird we are that high.

Lebron-Wiggins-Butler-Taj-Towns with Tyus/crawford/vet min/Bjelica/vet min off the bench would probably be like best case in that? Teague/Dieng/Okc pick/future first. Given it will be with Cle we might need a 3rd team if Teague/Dieng are even tradeable at their prices. Small ball might have trouble with that size and who does Curry guard? Interesting even if not as good.

My guess is from their side Wiggins would be needed? I dunno if they are just content with Lebron and would be ok with mostly picks type return or what (make sure they get some value but if he wants to go let him go basically). I am not sure I even see him leaving honestly but who really knows it likely depends how things play out in the playoffs. Rockets seem like an obvious destination, especially if they make it somewhat close this year.

I wouldn't place too much emphasis on the odds. I mean, Warriors being a top sixth option by odds is way off.

mngopher35
12-06-2017, 08:19 PM
Ha Ha ya I was just gonna point them out.

mrblisterdundee
12-06-2017, 08:36 PM
Nobody here is saying that he's not. He's amazing. When healthy, you could make a strong case that he's better than Harden, especially in the playoffs. But that can't be the only factor when you have other teams out there that just have much better arguments. Paul is a better player and a better attraction for Lebron than Aldridge is, and Houston's supporting cast is better. You could throw in the coaching advantage of Pop, but as you already said, he's a pretty polarizing coach, and not everybody would want to play for him.

I would argue that San Antonio provides a better fit for LeBron. Murray and Kawhi are both better defenders than Paul, Harden or Gordon. They're great off-ball players who will allow LeBron to run the point. Paul would be even more redundant next to LeBron than he already is with Harden and Gordon.
San Antonio probably needs to get rid of LaMarcus to fit LeBron. But Houston would also likely need to get rid of Anderson, who has way less value. Plus, Houston needs to re-sign Capela this summer, while the Spurs will be shedding $15 million from Parker's contract.