PDA

View Full Version : Stop Comparing Lonzo Ball to Jason Kidd!

rhymeratic
11-09-2017, 12:29 PM
Various radio stations and tv shows keep trying to down play Lonzo's poor shooting and compare him to Jason Kidd. They are not even remotely the same player and even if you were to go by per 36 stats, Frank Ntilikina is a closer comparison to J-Kidd than Ball imo.

Regardless, Lonzo to me is going to be fine. He is essentially Shaun Livingston 2.0
Lakers should work on getting his mid-range game down and post ups. Worry about 3pt shooting form later. Shoot I'd even hire Andre Miller to be his mentor.

On another note... Knicks got a real gem with Frank Ntilikina. You can tell once he gains confidence and finds that balance between scoring vs deferring that he's gonna be an excellent 2-way player.

GREATNESS ONE
11-09-2017, 12:39 PM
Another Ranger! Lol

Scoots
11-09-2017, 01:34 PM
Instead of not comparing Lonzo to Kidd ... just stop thinking comparing people is the same as equating them.

ewing
11-09-2017, 01:41 PM
but they are both ugly

mrblisterdundee
11-09-2017, 01:41 PM
It's alright to compare their skill sets and versatility. But Kidd was actually confident handling the ball, whereas Lonzo seems to be constantly trying to get rid of it as quick as possible.

KnicksorBust
11-09-2017, 01:45 PM
Various radio stations and tv shows keep trying to down play Lonzo's poor shooting and compare him to Jason Kidd. They are not even remotely the same player and even if you were to go by per 36 stats, Frank Ntilikina is a closer comparison to J-Kidd than Ball imo.

Regardless, Lonzo to me is going to be fine. He is essentially Shaun Livingston 2.0
Lakers should work on getting his mid-range game down and post ups. Worry about 3pt shooting form later. Shoot I'd even hire Andre Miller to be his mentor.

On another note... Knicks got a real gem with Frank Ntilikina. You can tell once he gains confidence and finds that balance between scoring vs deferring that he's gonna be an excellent 2-way player.

Lmao nice job creating a thread that disguises your Ntilikina hand job.

rhymeratic
11-09-2017, 02:34 PM
Lmao nice job creating a thread that disguises your Ntilikina hand job.

😂

Chronz
11-09-2017, 02:40 PM
You want them to develop his post game? Hire the same clippers legend that showed abit to Livingston. Better off working on your 3 ball than learning the intricacies of the post

chitownkid
11-09-2017, 03:18 PM
i would suggest just stop making Lonzo ball threads

tp13baby
11-09-2017, 03:36 PM
He is less than 10 games in but yes I still think he is compareable to Kidd.

bucketss
11-09-2017, 03:38 PM
ball can't really use his length in the midrange due to his shooting form like livingston can.

GREATNESS ONE
11-09-2017, 03:54 PM
He is less than 10 games in but yes I still think he is compareable to Kidd.

Not saying he is or isnít comparable but Kiddís and Ballís numbers are eerie similar to each other 11games in lol

Kinda crazy.

GREATNESS ONE
11-09-2017, 04:01 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/kiddja01/gamelog/1995/#1-11-sum:pgl_basic

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/balllo01/gamelog/2018/#1-11-sum:pgl_basic

FlashBolt
11-09-2017, 04:07 PM
They are similar in ability but no one is saying he's the perfect replica of a player. Jason Kidd was an absolute scrub in his earlier years but he figured a way to improve certain aspects of his game - mainly his lack of shooting. The only issue with Lonzo that is eye-popping is his lack of efficiency in scoring the ball. I'm not sure what the deal is because he was excellent at College but this sounds like a temporary thing than permanent. Some of you are comparing him to Kuzma and what-not but Kuzma is nearly 2 years and 8 months older than Lonzo. That's not exactly a fair comparison. Kuzma's ability to grow is not going to be at the pace of Lonzo.

mike44
11-09-2017, 04:12 PM
When you adjust for pace the comparison isn't that close since the game was played at a much slower pace in kidds rookie year.

cheetos185
11-09-2017, 04:34 PM
I think Lonzo will be good player and Frank will be an even better player than him.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

warfelg
11-09-2017, 04:44 PM
Even Jason Kidd thinks it's a stretch:

Federal Reserve
11-09-2017, 08:37 PM
And this is what you see once you are able to separate your emotions and take the time to do some research:

https://preview.ibb.co/dWh4vw/Capture.jpg (https://ibb.co/c6pTNb)
Source: ESPN

KnicksorBust
11-09-2017, 08:43 PM
The biggest difference between Lonzo and Kidd is defensively.

warfelg
11-09-2017, 08:48 PM
Ok?

Raw stats are supposed to get me excited?

More-Than-Most
11-09-2017, 08:55 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/kiddja01/gamelog/1995/#1-11-sum:pgl_basic

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/balllo01/gamelog/2018/#1-11-sum:pgl_basic

except their not. Stop going by games played and go by 100 possessions and its much different... kidd was on the mavs who didnt play the run and gun style like the lakers and thus he had far less possessions but keep going with whatever stat you think helps the Ball argument.

Kidd vs. Ball Per 100 Possessions
PTS
REB
AST
STL
TOV
Kidd (rookie season)
Ball (through 11 games)

That is a big *** difference.

More-Than-Most
11-09-2017, 08:58 PM
When you adjust for pace the comparison isn't that close since the game was played at a much slower pace in kidds rookie year.

someone else who gets it :clap:

On top of this the league didnt favor the offense as much today etc etc etc.

IndyRealist
11-09-2017, 09:14 PM
Once again, you can safely ignore people quoting per game stats.

warfelg
11-09-2017, 09:35 PM
Once again, you can safely ignore people quoting per game stats.

I just love that JKidd is the one that said itís extreme; yet weíre being emotional about it. Lol.

KnicksorBust
11-09-2017, 09:51 PM

except their not. Stop going by games played and go by 100 possessions and its much different... kidd was on the mavs who didnt play the run and gun style like the lakers and thus he had far less possessions but keep going with whatever stat you think helps the Ball argument.

Kidd vs. Ball Per 100 Possessions
PTS
REB
AST
STL
TOV
Kidd (rookie season)
Ball (through 11 games)

That is a big *** difference.

I actually don't see that as a big difference at all. 2 made baskets. 1 steal. Basically the same rebounds and same assist to turnover ratio.

warfelg
11-09-2017, 09:53 PM
I actually don't see that as a big difference at all. 2 made baskets. 1 steal. Basically the same rebounds and same assist to turnover ratio.

Look at the advanced metrics at some time of all the ast%; TS%; ect. Their usage is about the same and Kidd is better enough everywhere but Reb% and Blk%.

c.c.
11-10-2017, 01:32 AM
He reminds me of Michael Carter-Williams minus all the hype and rookie of the year award of course.

ewing
11-10-2017, 08:46 AM
Ok?

Raw stats are supposed to get me excited?

I like it raw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warfelg
11-10-2017, 09:11 AM
I like it raw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I mean if your Catholic like me that makes sense. :rimshot:

Teeboy1487
11-10-2017, 09:59 AM
Really good points. Lonzo with his current shooting form will not survive in the NBA. He needs to adjust his form. What concerns me is the lack of confidence.

LaVar Ball
11-10-2017, 12:12 PM
Mah boy already better than Jason Kidd!

chitownkid
11-10-2017, 12:33 PM
ball can't really use his length in the midrange due to his shooting form like livingston can.

yeah forget the kidd comparisons

i'd compare him to Livingston actually

Vinylman
11-10-2017, 01:08 PM

MTM complains about using per game (which is fine)... but then turns around and compares kidd's entire first year with lonzo's first 11 games

this site is the most agenda driven one I have ever seen...

something else to point out Kidd played his first game at 21-227 days whereas Lonzo played his at 19-357

As for their similarities / differences in how they performed through their first 11 games... they both distribute and rebound... they both shoot the 3 ****** ... they both have a lot of upside... where will it end up? who knows

Just a little bit of difference LOL

Vinylman
11-10-2017, 01:20 PM
hopefully the lakers have more team success than kidd did in his first three years

year 1 36 wins
year 2 26 wins
year 3 24 wins and traded

Giannis94
11-10-2017, 01:30 PM
I feel like LaVar ball created this thread. Only to say "compare him to Curry"

rhymeratic
11-10-2017, 06:26 PM
I feel like LaVar ball created this thread. Only to say "compare him to Curry"

Come on now that's low.

Anyways Lonzo to me is much closer to Livingston and MCW than Kidd.

If he ever develops a legit jump shot then the league will see an all star player... Right now I personally think Ntilikina has a much better future and outlook than Ball. Heck even D Russell is going to have the better career.

cheetos185
11-10-2017, 06:58 PM
Lakers should have kept Russell he's much better than ball.

GREATNESS ONE
11-10-2017, 09:02 PM
MTM complains about using per game (which is fine)... but then turns around and compares kidd's entire first year with lonzo's first 11 games

something else to point out Kidd played his first game at 21-227 days whereas Lonzo played his at 19-357

As for their similarities / differences in how they performed through their first 11 games... they both distribute and rebound... they both shoot the 3 ****** ... they both have a lot of upside... where will it end up? who knows

LOL MTM follows me around like heís my little paparazzi, itís quite funny how e always like to change his narrative to fit his little agenda.

Itís like if I comment on any thread, especially Lonzo related heíll follow me every time lol like a little mouse getting cheese. My fave is when he comes creeping in te Lakers forum lol.

More-Than-Most
11-10-2017, 09:43 PM
LOL MTM follows me around like heís my little paparazzi, itís quite funny how e always like to change his narrative to fit his little agenda.

Itís like if I comment on any thread, especially Lonzo related heíll follow me every time lol like a little mouse getting cheese. My fave is when he comes creeping in te Lakers forum lol.

you guys literally bring me up 24/7 in your laker forum while you sit here and bring me up in a general thread for commenting in a general area on a laker player that is a top thread... You do realize how sick that is right? I follow you around by posting in a laker thread in THE GENERAL AREA lol... I guess I follow everyone in this thread then right? Do I talk about you in the sixers forum???????????? I will wait.

This is like the 4th time over the past week you have brought me up following you man... its weird. Its a sports site bruh nobody is that important even if you think you are which clearly you do because you seem really happy about this.

More-Than-Most
11-10-2017, 09:45 PM

It was the top article dont blame me... blame the jason kidd article and espn because that is the article they put out but i assume you didnt in fact read the entire thing and instead just went into a rant and rage? Its literally in the jason kidd articles lol... If you want the stats for the 11 games kidd is still far far better lol. Lonzo ball is now the 2nd worst shooter in the shot clock Era all time currently.

GREATNESS ONE
11-10-2017, 10:14 PM
Lol told ya! :laugh2:

More-Than-Most
11-10-2017, 10:31 PM
:facepalm:

Giannis94
11-10-2017, 10:41 PM

Bruh you need to stop using lol. Lol means the same thing as lal at this point. So now you got me really ****en confused. Tf is going on here. Child please

GREATNESS ONE
11-10-2017, 11:12 PM
Lolz :laugh2:

Teeboy1487
11-11-2017, 12:28 AM

We should have drafted Porzingus :mad:

Giannis94
11-11-2017, 12:37 AM
We should have drafted Porzingus :mad:
He's just a stat stuffer

KnickNyKnick
11-11-2017, 01:47 AM
He's just a stat stuffer

you're just a hater. Cause everyone knows Porzingis is the real Unicorn

Giannis94
11-11-2017, 01:53 AM
Giannis doesn't have realistic comps. MJ and Judas are not realistic. Because Giannis has higher potential than both. Porzy is a poor man's dirk. Poor? I mean desperate man. Which is the knicks fan base..

Porzy is far more comparable to jabari than Giannis and it's not even a discussion.

eDush
11-11-2017, 01:56 AM

We should have drafted Porzingus :mad:Did the Lakers drop the Ball? :laugh:

Hindsight is 20/20 :nod:

More-Than-Most
11-11-2017, 02:30 AM

If we are going by the real unicorn ahem.... AHEM... Embiid can do everything porz can except he is stronger/bigger/faster and a much much much better defender : )

Also Embiid is clearly the smartest of the group being able to get a super max with only 31 games played :laugh:

Giannis94
11-11-2017, 11:05 AM
If we are going by the real unicorn ahem.... AHEM... Embiid can do everything porz can except he is stronger/bigger/faster and a much much much better defender : )

Also Embiid is clearly the smartest of the group being able to get a super max with only 31 games played :laugh:

Embiid isn't a unicorn. He's a scam. More specifically, he is the result of an actual NBA team falling for the Nigerian Prince Scam. So as follows is how I imagine the contract talks went:

REQUEST FOR URGENT BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WITH PROFESSIONAL 76ERS OF FILADELPHIA

FIRST, I MUST SOLICIT YOUR STRICTEST CONFIDENCE IN THIS TRANSACTION. THIS IS BY VIRTUE OF ITS NATURE AS BEING UTTERLY CONFIDENTIAL AND ĎTOP SECRETí. I AM SURE AND HAVE CONFIDENCE OF YOUR ABILITY AND RELIABILITY TO PROSECUTE A TRANSACTION OF THIS GREAT MAGNITUDE INVOLVING A PENDING TRANSACTION REQUIRING MAXIIMUM CONFIDENCE.

WE ARE TOP AGENCY WITH PLAYER THAT HAS NEVER STAYED HEALTHY. HE PLAYS BASKETBALL.
FROM CAMAROON. NOT NIGERIA. BUT WE ARE. AS A RESULT WE ARE PRESENTLY TRAPPED IN NIGERIA. IN ORDER TO COMMENCE THIS BUSINESS WE SOLICIT YOUR ASSISTANCE TO ENABLE US TRANSFER INTO YOUR ACCOUNT THE SAID TRAPPED FUNDS.

THE SOURCE OF THIS FUND IS AS FOLLOWS; DURING THE LAST MILITARY REGIME HERE IN NIGERIA, THE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS SET UP COMPANIES AND AWARDED THEMSELVES CONTRACTS WHICH WERE GROSSLY OVER-INVOICED IN VARIOUS MINISTRIES. THE PRESENT CIVILIAN GOVERNMENT SET UP A CONTRACT REVIEW PANEL AND WE HAVE IDENTIFIED A LOT OF INFLATED CONTRACT FUNDS WHICH ARE PRESENTLY FLOATING IN THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA READY FOR PAYMENT.

HOWEVER, BY VIRTUE OF OUR POSITION AS CIVIL SERVANTS AND MEMBERS OF THIS PANEL, WE CANNOT ACQUIRE THIS MONEY IN OUR NAMES. I HAVE THEREFORE, BEEN DELEGATED AS A MATTER OF TRUST BY MY PLAYER/ATHLETE OF THE PANEL TO LOOK FOR AN OVERSEAS PARTNER INTO WHOSE ACCOUNT WE WOULD TRANSFER THE SUM OF US $148,000,000 (ONE HUNDRED FORTY EIGHT MILLION UNITED STRATES DOLLARS OVER FIVE YEARS; AT A RATE OF $4.7 MILLION PER GAMES PLAYED). HENCE WE ARE WRITING YOU THIS LETTER. WE HAVE AGREED TO SHARE THE MONEY THUS; 1. 20% FOR THE ACCOUNT OWNER 2. 70% FOR BASEKTBALL PLAYER AKA PRINCE EMBIID, FROM CAMEROON 3. 10% TO BE USED IN SETTLING TAXATION AND ALL LOCAL AND FOREIGN EXPENSES. IT IS FROM THE 70% THAT WE WISH TO COMMENCE THE IMPORTATION BUSINESS.

PLEASE,NOTE THAT THIS TRANSACTION IS 100% SAFE (LOLOL) AND WE HOPE TO COMMENCE THE TRANSFER LATEST SEVEN (7) BANKING DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THE RECEIPT OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIOM BY TEL/FAX; 234-1-7740449, YOUR COMPANYíS SIGNED, AND STAMPED LETTERHEAD PAPER THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL ENABLE US WRITE LETTERS OF CLAIM AND JOB DESCRIPTION RESPECTIVELY. THIS WAY WE WILL USE YOUR COMPANYíS NAME TO APPLY FOR PAYMENT AND RE-AWARD THE CONTRACT IN YOUR COMPANYíS NAME.

WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO DOING THIS BUSINESS WITH YOU AND SOLICIT YOUR CONFIDENTIALITY IN THIS TRANSATION. PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE THE RECEIPT OF THIS LETTER USING THE ABOVE TEL/FAX NUMBERS. I WILL SEND YOU DETAILED INFORMATION OF THIS PENDING PROJECT WHEN I HAVE HEARD FROM YOU.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

DR CLEMENT OKON
AND PRINCE EMBIID OF CAMEROON

76ERS RESPONSE:

OH NO! WHILE $4.70 MILLION PER GAMES PLAYED IS A LOT TO ASK, WE CAN PROBABLY AGREE ON TERMS SEEING THAT WE LOVE PLAYERS THAT MISS TIME. AND HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO RESIST THE POSSIBILITY OF A GOOD TANK. WHICH I ENVISION WE WILL BE IN FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS.

DR. CLEMENT OKON, WE ARE SENDING THE FIRST CHECK OUT TOMORROW.

HOPE THINGS WORK OUT.

BESTS,

AN ORGANIZATION COMMITED TO A GOOD OLE TANK.

Jamiecballer
11-11-2017, 02:41 PM
Lmao

KnickNyKnick
11-11-2017, 03:19 PM
Giannis doesn't have realistic comps. MJ and Judas are not realistic. Because Giannis has higher potential than both. Porzy is a poor man's dirk. Poor? I mean desperate man. Which is the knicks fan base..

Porzy is far more comparable to jabari than Giannis and it's not even a discussion.

HAHAHA you're a Disney land character man.

It took Giannis 5 years to be as good as he is. Kp in his 3rd year is already better... Wait until you see KP in his 5th year. He Wont be on some team that cant ever get past the 1st round *Cough* Bucks *Cough*

Matter a fact, the bucks will be so bad that Giannis will want to jump ship. And NY would be the perfect destination.

Giannis94
11-11-2017, 06:12 PM

It took Giannis 5 years to be as good as he is. Kp in his 3rd year is already better... Wait until you see KP in his 5th year. He Wont be on some team that cant ever get past the 1st round *Cough* Bucks *Cough*

Matter a fact, the bucks will be so bad that Giannis will want to jump ship. And NY would be the perfect destination.

Give me one reason KP would want to stay in NY. There are none. They shouldn't of let phil go. Cool. Bright lights? well if KP was smart he would sign a max deal elsewhere, or return to europe before signin a contract with the nicks.

giannis already stated that going to a smaller market helped him. And with the continue dysfunctuon of nicks fansm I think he'd rather go the nets . Sorry, truth hurts. Nets traded 3 top 5 picks away and still have a better future than the knicks.

NYK is the perfect destination for him to run his career into the ground, with dolan leading the ship.

P.S. When cam newton was talking about the titanic, he was talking about the knicks. Look for cam to switch to a future in the NBA in the coming years.

Truth hurts. Facts hurt. Child please.

edit: titanic actually set sail. thats a huge difference that i didnt account for

ldawg
11-11-2017, 06:50 PM

Sent from my Z981 using TapatalkI think i was a mistake to. I think rebuilding teams need to load up on young talent and draft picks. not trade them for players you are going to play 20mpg

JasonJohnHorn
11-11-2017, 06:56 PM
Man... Lonzo Ball ain't gonna be the next Magic. Or the Next Kidd. He's going to be the first Lonzo Ball, like Harold Miner was the first Harold Miner (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQAJem2o1Kc).

GREATNESS ONE
11-11-2017, 07:05 PM
I think i was a mistake to. I think rebuilding teams need to load up on young talent and draft picks. not trade them for players you are going to play 20mpg

Kyle Kuzma > DBLO

ldawg
11-11-2017, 08:48 PM
Kyle Kuzma > DBLO

true but Kuzma could have been drafted over Hart DBLO>Hart

Zubac, Nance
Randle, Kuzma
Ingram
Russell, Clarkson
Ball or Fox

or

Zubac,Nance
Randle, Kuzma
Ingram
Tatum
Russell

IMO is better. Mitch and Jim really did a nut job on Deng and Mozgov signing.

GREATNESS ONE
11-11-2017, 09:05 PM
LOL ah the Smussh argument.

27th pick in the draft was Kyle Kuzma.

Mozgov/DBLO < Lopez/Kuzma

ldawg
11-11-2017, 09:32 PM
LOL ah the Smussh argument.

27th pick in the draft was Kyle Kuzma.

Mozgov/DBLO < Lopez/Kuzma

Well he has a point. I was Not a big DBLO but like ball fans was all over his jock while good but not great. which kind of hurt them when other dont agree with great status. Notice Ingram dont get the same level of hate. But the dude is averaging 20ppg more than any player on the Lakers. IMO Ball, Russell, Bynum all have something in common.

goingfor28
11-11-2017, 11:43 PM

Matter a fact, the bucks will be so bad that Giannis will want to jump ship. And NY would be the perfect destination.Giannis >>>>>> Porz

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-12-2017, 09:34 AM

Season still young. Yeah if playoffs were today Knicks are in and my Bucks are out besides Cavs. But I don't see Bucks or Cavs fiddling around to much longer. Knicks probably wont even be in playoff picture within a months time after I post this. Cavs and Bucks will rise.

smith&wesson
11-13-2017, 03:23 AM
Lavar is like a sleezy car salesmen. He sold the Lakers on Lonzo lol

GREATNESS ONE
11-13-2017, 11:28 AM
Lavar is like a sleezy car salesmen. He sold the Lakers on Lonzo lol

Ya, what a bunch of morons! :laugh2: canít believe they fell for thatís trick!

More-Than-Most
11-13-2017, 08:44 PM
Ya, what a bunch of morons! :laugh2: canít believe they fell for thatís trick!

lol Jenny did allow her brother to throw 70 million at mosgod man lol... I am just saying.

GREATNESS ONE
11-13-2017, 09:02 PM
lol Jenny did allow her brother to throw 70 million at mosgod man lol... I am just saying.

WHY you gotta bring up old ****! :laugh2: