PDA

View Full Version : Bulls Rebuild

Bill4Real
11-08-2017, 02:00 AM
Kris Dunn
Zach Lavine
Lauri Markkanen

Basically the Jimmy Butler trade.

Plus a high pick this upcoming draft in Chicago.

Lots of cap space.

How do you feel about this rebuild and is there any hope?

More-Than-Most
11-08-2017, 02:05 AM
You have cap... That is the key... Meaning use that cap the way the sixers did when they tanked... Take on bad contracts while you suck and bring in top draft picks...Example if the lakers had a first round pick... Offer up taking deng for that pick. Things like that.

Kyben36
11-08-2017, 02:24 AM
I feel like Bill4Real came into the nba forum to brag. And its not gonna get far. Zack Lauri and Dunn is far from contending three some. Eveything is gonna Hinge on how we draft these next two summers. Unfortunatly i trust this FO about as much as i trust a Gay doctor giving me a prostate exam blindfolded.

To me. Zack is a 3rd option on today's Nba. Lauri might be a 3rd but is closer to a 4th or 5th right now. Development is key. Dunn barely looks like a starter. A fringe starter if anything right now.

Im just not sure what you want. Honestly this would be like the 76ers fans coming in and saying look at us in 2014. We have MCW (Lauri) Norlens Noel (Dunm) and Joel Embid (Zack who had not played) this seems super premature to me. Especially when in a league where ypu need stars. We literally have nobody I consider a lock as one.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-08-2017, 12:04 PM
Will Robin Lopez be on the chop block any time soon? Bucks had interests in him as a free agent before Knicks signed him. Then Bucks signed Monroe. I could see Bucks maybe wanting Lopez or any center now with Moose out. Henson been decent but not enough. Maker still a project and needs to bulk up yet.

tp13baby
11-08-2017, 12:18 PM
I have zero trust in any rebuild with their front office.

eDush
11-08-2017, 12:23 PM
You have cap... That is the key... Meaning use that cap the way the sixers did when they tanked... Take on bad contracts while you suck and bring in top draft picks...Example if the lakers had a first round pick... Offer up taking deng for that pick. Things like that.There too stupid to understand "the process" :pity:

Vee-Rex
11-08-2017, 12:25 PM
I have zero trust in any rebuild with their front office.

Same here. Bottom 3 front office in the league. GarPax needs to go.

nycericanguy
11-08-2017, 12:38 PM
hasn't Dunn been horrific? not sure i'd put him as part of any rebuild.

Bulls are in a tough spot, they are going to need a couple of seasons of losing. Lopez is a nice player but centers don't have much value on the trade market these days so I'm not sure they could get anything more than a 2nd rounder for him.

KnicksorBust
11-08-2017, 12:48 PM
I feel like Bill4Real came into the nba forum to brag. And its not gonna get far. Zack Lauri and Dunn is far from contending three some. Eveything is gonna Hinge on how we draft these next two summers. Unfortunatly i trust this FO about as much as i trust a Gay doctor giving me a prostate exam blindfolded.

To me. Zack is a 3rd option on today's Nba. Lauri might be a 3rd but is closer to a 4th or 5th right now. Development is key. Dunn barely looks like a starter. A fringe starter if anything right now.

Im just not sure what you want. Honestly this would be like the 76ers fans coming in and saying look at us in 2014. We have MCW (Lauri) Norlens Noel (Dunm) and Joel Embid (Zack who had not played) this seems super premature to me. Especially when in a league where ypu need stars. We literally have nobody I consider a lock as one.

Great perspective. I haven't seen much of Lauri but LaVine is a solid 3rd option with potential to be a little better. I think he's a fantastic stash for everyone's fantasy basketball team. I don't think Dunn is a starter. He looked bad in Minny. I'd be curious to hear how more Bulls fans feel about Markenen. What's his floor/upside? Where do you think he will land, etc.?

KnicksorBust
11-08-2017, 12:50 PM
You have cap... That is the key... Meaning use that cap the way the sixers did when they tanked... Take on bad contracts while you suck and bring in top draft picks...Example if the lakers had a first round pick... Offer up taking deng for that pick. Things like that.

Yup. They are at least 2 years away. They need 2-3 lottery picks (because you know at least 1 will miss) and then in 2019 they could be a legit contender again.

Kyben36
11-08-2017, 12:50 PM
hasn't Dunn been horrific? not sure i'd put him as part of any rebuild.

Bulls are in a tough spot, they are going to need a couple of seasons of losing. Lopez is a nice player but centers don't have much value on the trade market these days so I'm not sure they could get anything more than a 2nd rounder for him.

Dunn could be a fine 5th option starting player. He plays D at least. But no. He is nothing special. Like i stated he looks like a fringe starter. Similar to Patrick Beverly maybe.

But yea. Bulls are still a #1 and #2 guy away imo. And that will all be on the next two drafts.

Ideally in terms of beat starter till worst.

2018 1st
2019 1st
Lavine
Mark
Dunn

Shammyguy3
11-08-2017, 01:53 PM
Great perspective. I haven't seen much of Lauri but LaVine is a solid 3rd option with potential to be a little better. I think he's a fantastic stash for everyone's fantasy basketball team. I don't think Dunn is a starter. He looked bad in Minny. I'd be curious to hear how more Bulls fans feel about Markenen. What's his floor/upside? Where do you think he will land, etc.?

Markannen could be a top-15 player in the game. His ability to score right now is very advanced for a 20 year old. He's extremely smart, he knows what efficient shots on the floor are already. When his shot isn't falling, he's shown a great ability to dribble drive for a 7 footer. He's good finishing around the rim with both hands.

He's already the Bulls best player. Their offense is so dysfunctional at getting him the ball in the post when he has a mismatch.

I honestly believe, and others have disagreed vehemently, that he will average 18/8 already this year on elite efficiency. He's a lot more than just a 4th option. I think he can be a #1 option on a contending team.

He has a lot of ways to go defensively, but he's shown to be stronger/quicker and he's a heck of a good rebounder (22.5 drb%). He won't get too many offensive rebounds, but that's because he takes 7 threes a game

hugepatsfan
11-08-2017, 01:57 PM
Markannen could be a top-15 player in the game. His ability to score right now is very advanced for a 20 year old. He's extremely smart, he knows what efficient shots on the floor are already. When his shot isn't falling, he's shown a great ability to dribble drive for a 7 footer. He's good finishing around the rim with both hands.

He's already the Bulls best player. Their offense is so dysfunctional at getting him the ball in the post when he has a mismatch.

I honestly believe, and others have disagreed vehemently, that he will average 18/8 already this year on elite efficiency. He's a lot more than just a 4th option. I think he can be a #1 option on a contending team.

He has a lot of ways to go defensively, but he's shown to be stronger/quicker and he's a heck of a good rebounder (22.5 drb%). He won't get too many offensive rebounds, but that's because he takes 7 threes a game

To be a #1 option on a legitimately contending team you need to be a lot better than top 15. More like top 5.

Silent
11-08-2017, 02:10 PM
There too stupid to understand "the process" :pity:

sad but true

TheDish87
11-08-2017, 02:25 PM
Yup. They are at least 2 years away. They need 2-3 lottery picks (because you know at least 1 will miss) and then in 2019 they could be a legit contender again.

no way the Bulls are a contender 2 years from now

KnicksorBust
11-08-2017, 03:07 PM
no way the Bulls are a contender 2 years from now

It's funny because I feel like you read that in the exact opposite way that I meant it. I'm saying it as they need at least 2 years to rebuild. That is basically saying they are one of the five worst situations in basketball.

TheDish87
11-08-2017, 03:43 PM
It's funny because I feel like you read that in the exact opposite way that I meant it. I'm saying it as they need at least 2 years to rebuild. That is basically saying they are one of the five worst situations in basketball.

that makes more sense.

IndyRealist
11-08-2017, 03:56 PM
There too stupid to understand "the process" :pity:

I feel like every time someone calls someone else stupid on the internet, "they're" gets used incorrectly. It's like irony is built into the netcode.

FOXHOUND
11-08-2017, 04:34 PM
As much as people talked **** about their return for the Butler trade, I think it's clear that they did it right. Markkanen is looking very good and they're terrible so they will have a very high pick in another great draft. Sure, Dunn doesn't look so hot but he was the least important part of the deal anyways. LaVine is a good talent who can be part of their core with their next two draft picks, which are basically a lock to be high picks.

Whether they look for a big to pair with Markkanen, with rare C talent like Ayton and Bamba there, or just go for the super talented wing in Porter/Bagley/Doncic, they're actually in a good spot.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-08-2017, 05:30 PM
Any chance Bulls would consider Robin Lopez for Henson and choice of either Wilson or Vaughn? Suppose wouldn't want Henson's 3 year deal. But his salary decreases each year. Or Delly or Telly? Bucks need a center badly. I was hoping Bucks could pry away Dedmon from the Hawks or O'Quinn from the Knicks. Or Mavs Noel or Withey. Other Bucks fans on our board even suggested Okafor. Maybe even Vaughn for Portis?

Chronz
11-08-2017, 05:40 PM
I feel like every time someone calls someone else stupid on the internet, "they're" gets used incorrectly. It's like irony is built into the netcode.

Your crazy

Vee-Rex
11-08-2017, 07:42 PM
Your crazy

Cut you're BS, man

Shammyguy3
11-08-2017, 07:59 PM
To be a #1 option on a legitimately contending team you need to be a lot better than top 15. More like top 5.

Not necessarily... you can be a fantastic scorer and not be the best player on your team

IndyRealist
11-08-2017, 08:48 PM
Your crazy

What you did there. I see it. :eyebrow: