PDA

View Full Version : AD + DMC: over 55 ppg and 26 rbs

JasonJohnHorn
11-07-2017, 11:50 PM
They are winning more games now, but their totals seem astounding.

The pair of them are averaging over 55 points a game and over 26 boards per game.

Statistically speaking, this may be the most impressive C/PF combo ever.

I mean... I'm obviously picking D-Rob and TD over these two, but even at their best, those two didn't have a scoring output like this.

Is anybody else mind boggled at this? It looks like they are going to keep up this pace all season.

Where would you rank this tandem compared to other C/PF combos? Dream/Thorpe? Ewing/Oak?

flea
11-07-2017, 11:52 PM
They are nothing close to Duncan/Robinson. They are not even close to 2003 Duncan/Robinson, which was very one-sided. They are not close to McHale/Parish. They are not close to a number of other PF/C combos yet but they have a solid shot if they can develop some defensive chemistry.

The thing they need to do is win, and no it's not all their teammates' faults.

TrueFan420
11-08-2017, 12:01 AM
Let's skip historical. Their good and their size in today's NBA is lethal. The pels need to get some better peices to improve the overal team around them. They can and will cause teams fits in the playoffs.

Vee-Rex
11-08-2017, 12:23 AM
Nah fam. People just wanna hate on AD and DMC. They'll never get the credit they deserve.

But people looove to slurp on dudes like Gasol and Porz and Jokic. Sloppy toppies galore.

NetsPaint
11-08-2017, 12:25 AM
Let's skip historical. Their good and their size in today's NBA is lethal. The pels need to get some better peices to improve the overal team around them. They can and will cause teams fits in the playoffs.
When Rondo comes back it's gonna make things a lot more easier for Davis and Cousins. He will help the other players as well.

Hawkeye15
11-08-2017, 12:26 AM
My Wolves beat them on the road with both playing well and Towns laying the biggest dud of his career. Until they figure out how to win they are just stat hoochies. Both have been around far long enough for the losing to fall on them, not youth or inexperience.

Vinny642
11-08-2017, 12:58 AM
My Wolves beat them on the road with both playing well and Towns laying the biggest dud of his career. Until they figure out how to win they are just stat hoochies. Both have been around far long enough for the losing to fall on them, not youth or inexperience.

Oh you mean the game where KAT was locked tf up, and DMC and AD did their thing, and the rest of the team let them down?
Stat hoochie, but currently 5th in the West.... and that road game you are talking about-
We're 1-3 at home and 5-2 on the road, so don't feel too special.

They are both playing out of their mind. Just sit back and enjoy.

More-Than-Most
11-08-2017, 01:59 AM

i cant figure it out man... Cousins isnt defensinve by any means but AD is a damn great 2 way player... I just dont see how this team doesnt win esp with a PG that defends and doesnt mind giving up the shots to them. Maybe a depth issue but they should still be winning.

More-Than-Most
11-08-2017, 02:02 AM
Oh you mean the game where KAT was locked tf up, and DMC and AD did their thing, and the rest of the team let them down?
Stat hoochie, but currently 5th in the West.... and that road game you are talking about-

man... its like you dont even try... They beat... wait for it

lakers
cavs
bulls
pacers
Mavs
Kings

They played the cavs at the best possible time... Every other team is ****.

More-Than-Most
11-08-2017, 02:03 AM
people cant say I am a hater... I have been cousins biggest ****ing supporter where laker fans screamed they didnt want him because he doesnt know how to win and I basically said that is full of ****.... They may very well be right.

Vinny642
11-08-2017, 02:19 AM
man... its like you dont even try... They beat... wait for it

lakers
cavs
bulls
pacers
Mavs
Kings

They played the cavs at the best possible time... Every other team is ****.

And they lost to 3 of the Top 4 in the West... Warriors, Wolves and Grizzlies(who always play us tough)
And the Magic who were the best team in the league at that point.
And the Blazers in a game where AD got hurt and only played 5 minutes.

So please hop off

ISIAH_THOMAS
11-08-2017, 02:24 AM
i cant figure it out man... Cousins isnt defensinve by any means but AD is a damn great 2 way player... I just dont see how this team doesnt win esp with a PG that defends and doesnt mind giving up the shots to them. Maybe a depth issue but they should still be winning.

They are terrible on the perimeter look at their shooting guard small forward rotations. Their gm has done a terrible job building around them

More-Than-Most
11-08-2017, 02:45 AM
And they lost to 3 of the Top 4 in the West... Warriors, Wolves and Grizzlies(who always play us tough)
And the Magic who were the best team in the league at that point.
And the Blazers in a game where AD got hurt and only played 5 minutes.

So please hop off

Hop off? Lol of what using logic? Shocking

Heediot
11-08-2017, 05:17 AM
Nah fam. People just wanna hate on AD and DMC. They'll never get the credit they deserve.

But people looove to slurp on dudes like Gasol and Porz and Jokic. Sloppy toppies galore.
I think some criticism is warranted, I'll admit I do over-rate Jokic. If the Pelicans make they playoffs or even beat 40.5 vegas over-under, I'll eat crow.

Heediot
11-08-2017, 05:20 AM

C'mon they are taking care of the scrubs. I give them credit for beating Cleveland, who are currently a clusterfunk of a team.

Both Towns and AD are a little over-rated. Cousins was last year, but I think his ranking this year is more in line.

JasonJohnHorn
11-08-2017, 10:00 AM
They are nothing close to Duncan/Robinson. They are not even close to 2003 Duncan/Robinson, which was very one-sided. They are not close to McHale/Parish. They are not close to a number of other PF/C combos yet but they have a solid shot if they can develop some defensive chemistry.

I openly said that I'd easily put D-Rob and TD over these two.... so no argument from me here.

But the Parish/McHale.... there is a conversation there. Though I'm hesitant to make it. I always thought Parish was grossly underrated and underutilized in Boston. I don't want to get into a 'race' thing, but I feel like if McHale were Black and Parish were white, Parish would have been getting a lot more touches and fans would remember him more today. I feel like those two were near equals. Both amazing post players, both great defenders. Parish was a better rebounder, but McHale usually had slightly higher percentages.

Compared to DMC and AD, I feel like DMC and AD got a strong change against those two. Rebounding numbers are much higher for them, though McHale and Parish had better defensive chemistry (though they also played together to a decade).

But Chief and Harden's biggest critic had something the Pel's Pals don't: Larry Bird.

Having Bird made everything so much easier for Parish and McHale. DMC (.545) and AD (.590) are hovering around percentages 2pt% that McHale and Parish posted WITHOUT Bird opening stuff up for them, and they are posting more impressive rebounding numbers. There is a case to be made for them.

Thanks for bringing of Chief and McHale though. Those two were studs. I loved watching them play.

flea
11-08-2017, 09:31 PM
I don't agree at all about the "race" thing. Parish was the #2 for a good period in the early 80s, including the '84 championship. They often looked to get him going more than anything, while Bird would just do his thing. Parish was a good post player but he wasn't big or slick enough to be a go-to. He was mostly just a very well-rounded player, and I do agree he's underrated. McHale was the best post scorer in the league when he came into his own though, and you're not going to take touches from that.

There are plenty of bigs better than Cousins in the league, and at least 3 or 4 better than Davis. With Parish, he was definitely overshadowed early but he was among the better centers by the time Moses and KAJ got old. Hakeem/Sampson (another better duo) were probably better than McHale, maybe young Barkley but probably not, and I think KAJ was probably better at least through 85 (maybe 86) but probably not after that. I think McHale had a solid argument as the 2nd or 3rd best big in the league from say 85-88.

I don't think either Davis or Cousins are there yet, but I hope so.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-08-2017, 09:46 PM
They HAVE to put up those stats to stay competitive. They won't get the credit they deserve though because they aren't winning games.

Vee-Rex
11-08-2017, 09:53 PM
I don't agree at all about the "race" thing. Parish was the #2 for a good period in the early 80s, including the '84 championship. They often looked to get him going more than anything, while Bird would just do his thing. Parish was a good post player but he wasn't big or slick enough to be a go-to. He was mostly just a very well-rounded player, and I do agree he's underrated. McHale was the best post scorer in the league when he came into his own though, and you're not going to take touches from that.

There are plenty of bigs better than Cousins in the league, and at least 3 or 4 better than Davis. With Parish, he was definitely overshadowed early but he was among the better centers by the time Moses and KAJ got old. Hakeem/Sampson (another better duo) were probably better than McHale, maybe young Barkley but probably not, and I think KAJ was probably better at least through 85 (maybe 86) but probably not after that. I think McHale had a solid argument as the 2nd or 3rd best big in the league from say 85-88.

I don't think either Davis or Cousins are there yet, but I hope so.

3 or 4 bigs better than AD? Who???

Quinnsanity
11-08-2017, 10:52 PM
Watch them play. Of course they're putting up numbers, that offense is such a ****ing slog. People don't move. One of them gets the ball and then does something with it. They're the least watchable team in the league. It's unfortunate, because I don't think it's the fault of those two players. If they had good guard play and shooting around them I think you could win a title with those two. But that organization is a mess top to bottom, and nothing is going to come of that team beyond impressive individual numbers. Boogie will be a Wizard in four months and Davis will be a Celtic in a year or two because Dell Demps and Alvin Gentry have no ****ing clue how to run a team.

flea
11-08-2017, 11:25 PM
3 or 4 bigs better than AD? Who???

Gasol, Draymond, Horford, Milsap, Gobert, Blake, LMA - all easy. DJ and Adams decent arguments because they're vets even if they're just really good role players. KP, Towns, Embiid, Giannis, and Jokic all have a solid argument.

It's not like Davis has done anything more than any of them, and I'm a Davis fan.

kobe4thewinbang
11-09-2017, 12:07 AM
They are exposing other teams for poor post defense and bad rotations. Both dudes can knock down 3's. I think A.D. had 40 in a recent game (just watched the last few days of highlights) on some crazy 70% shooting or something, with Boogie not far behind with 32 points. The cherry on top is watching them throw oop dunks to each other.

...These two are hybrid big men, and the others like Kristaps, Giannis, and KAT are exposing teams and just having their way, shooting 3's and dunking down low. It's really awesome, honestly. I think it may be the 3PT swing we've seen or teams just have no answer for these giants because they quit drafting them.

valade16
11-09-2017, 12:32 PM
At some point we have to wonder if AD and Cousins taking up so much of the scoring load is what is causing the rest of the team to not find their groove. They aren't getting anyone else involved at all.

FlashBolt
11-09-2017, 04:16 PM
Some of you are acting as if AD+Cousins are shooting their team out of the game. They are doing it in an efficient pace. The rest of the team just can't shoot so it makes zero sense to hand them the ball. Just take a look at their roster for a second. I mean, Tony Allen is a great defensive player but he does nothing offensively. Jrue Holiday is an overpaid player who they felt bad for because his wife had a brain tumor. Sorry, that's the reality. No one else on this team is worthy of trusting. It was just a bad team that looks better than they are because of two really elite players but you have people blaming them for not elevating the bad players.. you can't "elevate" bad players to being good players. You can make it easier for them but some of these guys belong in the D-League so they can figure out how to be useful in other ways. Once Rondo gets back, I can see shots being distributed better and guys understanding their roles more fluently but until then, it's not AD's and Cousin's responsibility to get these guys started. They play a position where they both have a tremendous advantage in skill and physique. It'd be an absolute waste to have DMC and AD not take the bulk of the shots. It's up to the other guys to figure out ways to contribute so DMC and AD can actually trust them with the ball. The fact that both of them have been so dominant wasn't news to anyone. How poorly constructed this team is on the other hand is criminal.

Vee-Rex
11-09-2017, 04:29 PM
Gasol, Draymond, Horford, Milsap, Gobert, Blake, LMA - all easy. DJ and Adams decent arguments because they're vets even if they're just really good role players. KP, Towns, Embiid, Giannis, and Jokic all have a solid argument.

It's not like Davis has done anything more than any of them, and I'm a Davis fan.

So Gasol, Dray, Horford, Milsap, Gobert, Blake, LMA are all easily better than AD? And DJ + Adams + Towns + Embiid + Jokic arguably better than AD?

:laugh2:

Ok man, I'm done with this AD/DMC ****. Y'all some cappin' *** mutha****as that don't know what you're talkin' about. Keep hatin'.

FlashBolt
11-09-2017, 04:37 PM
So Gasol, Dray, Horford, Milsap, Gobert, Blake, LMA are all easily better than AD? And DJ + Adams + Towns + Embiid + Jokic arguably better than AD?

:laugh2:

Ok man, I'm done with this AD/DMC ****. Y'all some cappin' *** mutha****as that don't know what you're talkin' about. Keep hatin'.

Can I sue him for making me laugh so hard and spitting my mango juice on my laptop? LMA better than Anthony Davis. I don't know about LMA but I am LMAO right now.

Heediot
11-09-2017, 04:40 PM
take a look a guys numbers playing on and off the pelicans. tyreke, gordon, rhyno, jrue, asik, hield.... one has to wonder why players do just as well and more times than not better when not playing on the pelicans in the ad era? it's not ad's job to get them the ball is a valid stance, but it's just as valid to question his presence and style of play and how it meshes and effects his teammates.

Vee-Rex
11-09-2017, 05:03 PM
take a look a guys numbers playing on and off the pelicans. tyreke, gordon, rhyno, jrue, asik, hield.... one has to wonder why players do just as well and more times than not better when not playing on the pelicans in the ad era? it's not ad's job to get them the ball is a valid stance, but it's just as valid to question his presence and style of play and how it meshes and effects his teammates.

Question it? Sure. But making conclusions that someone like LMA or Milsap is EASILY better than AD is taking it WAAAAY too far.

Look at Kyrie. People have bashed him his entire career for "not affecting his teammates well" and BOOM, in only a matter of months and only 12 regular season games he has his new team (w/o Hayward) with the best record in the league. We all know Kyrie isn't a top 10 player in the league and probably never will be, but he's now sporting far better advanced stats than he ever has before. Just because a player isn't "meshing" with a team and their situation doesn't mean it's solely that player's fault.

Sometimes the scenery, the philosophy, and the coaches DO matter. Why should AD take the blame over the Pelicans front office for surrounding him with trash? Why don't we put some (or most) of the blame on Alvin Gentry for being incapable of establishing a better system? How about some blame on Monty Williams? The Warriors make bums like Pachulia and West and young guys like McCaw look like vets. How? Because of coaching, because of surrounding teammates, because of system.

There's just no way AD should be getting any significant blame with how freaking incredible he has been so far.

Vee-Rex
11-09-2017, 05:09 PM
At some point we have to wonder if AD and Cousins taking up so much of the scoring load is what is causing the rest of the team to not find their groove. They aren't getting anyone else involved at all.

AD is taking 17 FGA per game though (at 56% to boot). He should be getting 17 FGA if he played for any team.

smith&wesson
11-09-2017, 05:10 PM
If they had a healthy rondo they could make some noise..

valade16
11-09-2017, 05:20 PM
Some other big man duos that deserve a mention are Elvin Hayes and Wes Unseld; and Dave DeBusschere and Willis Reed.

Heediot
11-09-2017, 05:29 PM
Question it? Sure. But making conclusions that someone like LMA or Milsap is EASILY better than AD is taking it WAAAAY too far.

Look at Kyrie. People have bashed him his entire career for "not affecting his teammates well" and BOOM, in only a matter of months and only 12 regular season games he has his new team (w/o Hayward) with the best record in the league. We all know Kyrie isn't a top 10 player in the league and probably never will be, but he's now sporting far better advanced stats than he ever has before. Just because a player isn't "meshing" with a team and their situation doesn't mean it's solely that player's fault.

Sometimes the scenery, the philosophy, and the coaches DO matter. Why should AD take the blame over the Pelicans front office for surrounding him with trash? Why don't we put some (or most) of the blame on Alvin Gentry for being incapable of establishing a better system? How about some blame on Monty Williams? The Warriors make bums like Pachulia and West and young guys like McCaw look like vets. How? Because of coaching, because of surrounding teammates, because of system.

There's just no way AD should be getting any significant blame with how freaking incredible he has been so far.

I see what your saying about coaching and system. But you have to wonder about why high volume guard and wing combos seem to chalk up better results in the w/l column in comparison to high volume scoring big combos in this era? It seems to me in a ball handler dominated league, where guys with shaky jumpers are putting up monster stats (Greek, Simmons for a Rook, LeBron for most of his career and Westy) you don't need your bigs (who aren't good ball handlers) with so much usage to help effect wins and losses. I'm not saying it's AD's fault, but if any guard was efficient as AD is, his team would pile up a better winning percentage in comparison, that's seems to be the outcome. Gentry's system in the passed were always predicated on a guard making it the most effective (In PHX, LAC, GS). Gentry and Demps do deserve some blame, Gentry should be smart enough to know how best to utilize a top offense,

flea
11-09-2017, 09:46 PM

Look at Kyrie. People have bashed him his entire career for "not affecting his teammates well" and BOOM, in only a matter of months and only 12 regular season games he has his new team (w/o Hayward) with the best record in the league. We all know Kyrie isn't a top 10 player in the league and probably never will be

I think Kyrie is a top 10 player in the league, and have never dogged him. The only people doing that were the Lebron crowd that think every player that plays with Lebron is terrible. To me Kyrie was a top 10 scorer the moment he set foot in the NBA, and now I think he's easily a top 3 scorer (with Leonard and Durant the only ones better).

In any case, I'm a Pels fan and watch probably more of them than most. I watched less last year (because they were unwatchable) until Cousins came on board and then I watched almost every game. I like Davis and I think he has the potential to be the best player in the league - but he's nothing close to that yet.

He's basically what Blake was 5 years ago this point - very talented offensive player that isn't quite a go-to guy, an improved defender but still has problems on that end, and injury prone. Horford/Milsap are proven NBA 2-way bigs. Hell just what Horford did for the Hawks when he was the #3 pick is still never mentioned. Do either have anything close to Davis's potential? No way, but you're underrating 2 of the better bigs in the game if you think a scoring big that can't close games and is fairly mediocre at every other aspect of the game is better. Same with LMA - recency bias is getting to him.

But fine, I was just listing what I personally think. I don't think anyone would argue Gasol, Green, and Blake are worse than Davis unless they do nothing but look at box scores. I'd personally put Horford in that class as well but he gets ripped on for not being something he's not and playing against Lebron superteams. I'd also put Gobert there but whatever - the original point was there's at least 3 or 4 bigs better than Davis in the game.

3 or 4 with better potential? Nah, won't argue that. Probably only 2 bigs with as good or better potential. But let's not congratulate a guy for a bunch of mediocrity (and please don't give me the Lebron defense either).

LaVar Ball
11-10-2017, 12:06 PM
And they’re still only a .500 ball club.

They need a more balanced team.

Clarkson + Zubac + Brewer + a pick for Boogie.

Rivera
11-10-2017, 12:22 PM
some of you guys are really harsh and put way to much stock into the superstar of the player having to lift the entire team. you guys got spoiled by Lebron leading a team with Boobie Gipson as his 2nd best player to the finals.

not a lot of consistent shooting outside of AD/DMC which would greatly improve the team

ewing
11-10-2017, 12:23 PM
unless you have 4 all NBA player in the starting lineup like GS you can't be expected to make the playoffs

Heediot
11-10-2017, 12:32 PM
some of you guys are really harsh and put way to much stock into the superstar of the player having to lift the entire team. you guys got spoiled by Lebron leading a team with Boobie Gipson as his 2nd best player to the finals.

not a lot of consistent shooting outside of AD/DMC which would greatly improve the team

None of the top contenders of recent years needs a elite scoring big man in recent years. Just putting into perspective as to why it's possible their skill-set might not be as important as it was 15-20 years ago. Which is why I consider scoring bigs like AD and Kat slightly over-rated. When you have 2 like the Pels, it might not be a recipe for success.

Hawkeye15
11-10-2017, 12:39 PM

yep, that game. DMC, and AD, are not doing enough. Having 2 players that are arguably the top at their position should be more than enough to make the playoffs. The losing, at this point of their careers, can't be overlooked. It's on them.

Side note- AD literally owns Towns. He destroys him every single time we play you. Towns is not impressive this year at all.

Heediot
11-10-2017, 12:41 PM
yep, that game. DMC, and AD, are not doing enough. Having 2 players that are arguably the top at their position should be more than enough to make the playoffs. The losing, at this point of their careers, can't be overlooked. It's on them.

Side note- AD literally owns Towns. He destroys him every single time we play you. Towns is not impressive this year at all.

That's the thing with Towns right now, he's not savvy enough to effect the game without the ball/scoring yet. I thought he'd make a massive jump this year too.

Hawkeye15
11-10-2017, 12:41 PM

it points right to AD, and Cousins. Youth/inexperience is gone. Both have had front offices change teams around them, and while both teams did a lousy job of it, at some point, great players elevate teams. Neither does it. They are both stat hoochies to this point in their career. Neither is a 22 year old, 3-4th year in the league, figuring out their place. Both are vets in their peaks. You either win, or you don't at some point when you are supposed to be that good. I fear KAT turns into AD, and all his huge numbers mean squat.

Hawkeye15
11-10-2017, 12:43 PM

no dude. No way

Hawkeye15
11-10-2017, 12:45 PM
That's the thing with Towns right now, he's not savvy enough to effect the game without the ball/scoring yet. I thought he'd make a massive jump this year too.

I did too. He starts slow, and I know we are trying to figure out adding Butler, but so far, Towns is very unimpressive. More concerning, he looks so mechanical offensively, which means he is thinking too much. He needs to play free, and start playing better now. Defensively, yeah.......

Rivera
11-10-2017, 06:12 PM
None of the top contenders of recent years needs a elite scoring big man in recent years. Just putting into perspective as to why it's possible their skill-set might not be as important as it was 15-20 years ago. Which is why I consider scoring bigs like AD and Kat slightly over-rated. When you have 2 like the Pels, it might not be a recipe for success.

You cant say for a few reasons. AD/DMC can play both inside and outisde the 3pt line. Most pair of bigmen have holes in there game and clog the paint. These 2 have the ability not to do that and they can play pick and roll with eachother (how insane is that!). You also have to wait until they put a decent cast around them. Jrue is a 4th/5th option hes being streched as a 3 option, etwan moore is there most consistent shooter. If those are your 2 best players after AD/DMC you arent going to be a title contender no matter what. Give NO decent SG and SF play and watch how good they really can be. Its amazing what AD/DMC is doing with smoke in mirrors.

im sorry but you cant be successful as a team when your 4th best player is either etwan moore or dante cunningham

and for as many people wanting Rondo to come back, it can go either way, but he isnt going to help their spacing

europagnpilgrim
11-10-2017, 06:33 PM

You are smoking some good ish wherever you are, they are miles better than a old man Robinson 03'/Duncan version as a duo, now the 95' version Robinson and young Duncan is more accurate to say what you are saying, McHale and Parish advantage is titles and McHale had a trick or two up his sleeve on the box but if you are starting a team I would go with the duo of Pelicans over the Celtics one, I am also taking them over the 03' version duo of Spurs due to Robinson age/health but if they were both young andhealthy I am taking Spurs duo

flea
11-10-2017, 07:02 PM
no dude. No way

Horford turned the Hawks around when he joined that team. Joe Johnson left, Josh Smith left, they were still fine. The season he missed like 3/4 of they were a below .500 team and the year after they won 60 games. Milsap and the rest of the gang helped too for sure but Horford was the best player and the leader.

AD has put up points but that to me is more impressive than anything he has done. Future? Maybe sure. But give me a poor man's young Pau over young Melo any day and that's how I see this comparison today.

flea
11-10-2017, 07:06 PM
You are smoking some good ish wherever you are, they are miles better than a old man Robinson 03'/Duncan version as a duo, now the 95' version Robinson and young Duncan is more accurate to say what you are saying, McHale and Parish advantage is titles and McHale had a trick or two up his sleeve on the box but if you are starting a team I would go with the duo of Pelicans over the Celtics one, I am also taking them over the 03' version duo of Spurs due to Robinson age/health but if they were both young andhealthy I am taking Spurs duo

Having watched about 20 games of the duo so far I'm not convinced AD/Cousins is a .500 team. And no, it's not their guards' fault to any great degree. I think the Nuggets have a better big man pairing this year and will likely have a better record - and I wouldn't consider their backcourt and wing situation to be loads better than the Pels given its extreme youth.

eDush
11-10-2017, 07:38 PM

Having watched about 20 games of the duo so far I'm not convinced AD/Cousins is a .500 team. And no, it's not their guards' fault to any great degree. I think the Nuggets have a better big man pairing this year and will likely have a better record - and I wouldn't consider their backcourt and wing situation to be loads better than the Pels given its extreme youth.Bet they wish they attempted to resigned Eric Gordon cause he is playing like a max player for the Rox. They have no one reliable spreading the court. Moore and Clark maybe but once Rondo get into the mix, it will be ugly :(

Heediot
11-10-2017, 08:06 PM
You cant say for a few reasons. AD/DMC can play both inside and outisde the 3pt line. Most pair of bigmen have holes in there game and clog the paint. These 2 have the ability not to do that and they can play pick and roll with eachother (how insane is that!). You also have to wait until they put a decent cast around them. Jrue is a 4th/5th option hes being streched as a 3 option, etwan moore is there most consistent shooter. If those are your 2 best players after AD/DMC you arent going to be a title contender no matter what. Give NO decent SG and SF play and watch how good they really can be. Its amazing what AD/DMC is doing with smoke in mirrors.

im sorry but you cant be successful as a team when your 4th best player is either etwan moore or dante cunningham

and for as many people wanting Rondo to come back, it can go either way, but he isnt going to help their spacing

the problem is when two guys are taking up over 2/3 of usage, there isn't enough play-making between the two to get others into the flow and rhythm. the defensive pairing isn't elite either. it's average and solid at best. aside from scoring they need to do more to influence wins. who is marc gasol playing with? the grizz shoot the 3 ball just the same. it's just players seem to play better and are more cohesive with the way marc and conley play the game.

some of the blame can go to team construction and coaching. which is fair. but watching davis and cousins, neither are good off the ball, both have a hard time being effective if they are not volume scoring. davis is a good defender, but over-rated on that end. his decision making and reads are getting better but he's still a work in progress in those department. the pieces keep changing around gasol and conley, yet they always find ways to galvanize thier teams and make things work. they never had a consistent shooting team around them either. some guys just know how to adapt to their surroundings better, and do things without the ball better.