PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to put Wade at PG?

JasonJohnHorn
11-07-2017, 11:40 PM
In Wade's first couple of seasons in the league (his rookie year especially), he spent a lot of time at point guard. I remember watching him in the playoffs as a rookie and think 'this kid's going to be amazing'.

I was a little bummed to see him move to SG guard after that year. When he signed with Cleveland, I thought: PG would be perfect for him.

It's be kinda like when Pippen started playing a lot of minutes at PG in Portland.

A 6'4, Wade could create some match-up issues, and focusing on playmaking, I feel like he could make a positive impact on the Cavs. With Rose on a minutes restriction, IT out for a while, and Jose not getting many minutes, it seems like Wade should maybe slide over there?

Would this be a good fit?

Vee-Rex
11-07-2017, 11:56 PM
He did well playing some PG tonight.

More-Than-Most
11-08-2017, 12:00 AM
no its time to put him down... HE IS DONE... Like Rose. Why why why dont people understand this. He is a good 7th man at best

TrueFan420
11-08-2017, 12:07 AM
Depends on match up. Wade can't handle defending a quick guard. And doesn't have the length or athleticism (anymore) for SG. He needs to be hidden defensively or utilized against deep bench players. He's a 8th to 10th option at best, for a contender, at this point in his career. Should save legs during the regular season and give more minutes in spots during the playoffs if he's flirting with his old form.

JordansBulls
11-08-2017, 12:13 AM
Yes he is the key to the Cavs. Man this team is loaded. Rose, Wade, Lebron. 2 finals MVP winners and superstars and 2 league MVP winners and superstars. Team should go 74-8 at least.

WaDe03
11-08-2017, 12:38 AM
no its time to put him down... HE IS DONE... Like Rose. Why why why dont people understand this. He is a good 7th man at best

LeBron dick riders hate Wade, Bosh, Love, Kyrie, etc. it's ****ing hilarious.

More-Than-Most
11-08-2017, 01:57 AM
LeBron dick riders hate Wade, Bosh, Love, Kyrie, etc. it's ****ing hilarious.

Nope Kyrie is good... top 20 player... Love is fine for what he is.. wade/Bosh played like **** for years.. Wade is ****ing trash man.. He just is.. He is done. It sucks because he is one of my favorite players but these stupid *** players/gms go name value--------->actual value.

More-Than-Most
11-08-2017, 01:57 AM
Yes he is the key to the Cavs. Man this team is loaded. Rose, Wade, Lebron. 2 finals MVP winners and superstars and 2 league MVP winners and superstars. Team should go 74-8 at least.

key to the cavs and loaded.... HOLY **** lmfao

:laugh:

Yanks All Day
11-08-2017, 09:45 AM
He should play some time at point guard, but only against 2nd team defenses. The reality of Dwyane Wade right now is that he's not a starting-caliber NBA player. He can play really well in spurts, but that's about it. I'm not sure his body can handle chasing around the Currys, Hardens, etc. of the world. But he can be more than effective starting out the 2nd and 4th quarters. LeBron James can run the show for 40-42 minutes of the game. Cleveland needs someone to handle the other 6-8. We saw it last year in the Finals, and I'd bet we'd see it again this year. Wade will be most effective in simply not letting the game slip away.

Cleveland's best option is still to let LeBron James run point. He's the best distributor in the NBA, and that team badly needs playmakers until Isaiah Thomas comes back (assuming it's at 100%). I also think the trade deadline is going to be especially interesting, considering the Cavs will have Brooklyn's 1st, Frye's expiring, and essentially Shumpert's expiring (he'd exercise that opt-out). There's another playmaker going to Cleveland besides IT4 at some point. Right now, the Cavs are treading water waiting for January / February while only caring about playing good teams. I don't think it's a Dwyane Wade thing, though he can still be utilized effectively.

Scoots
11-08-2017, 10:08 AM
Anybody who can initiate offense not named LeBron can only help the team. And heck, any time he's passing he's not shooting so that's 2 positives of Wade at PG.

chitownkid
11-08-2017, 10:36 AM
In Wade's first couple of seasons in the league (his rookie year especially), he spent a lot of time at point guard. I remember watching him in the playoffs as a rookie and think 'this kid's going to be amazing'.

I was a little bummed to see him move to SG guard after that year. When he signed with Cleveland, I thought: PG would be perfect for him.

It's be kinda like when Pippen started playing a lot of minutes at PG in Portland.

A 6'4, Wade could create some match-up issues, and focusing on playmaking, I feel like he could make a positive impact on the Cavs. With Rose on a minutes restriction, IT out for a while, and Jose not getting many minutes, it seems like Wade should maybe slide over there?

Would this be a good fit?

nope. time to shut this thread down though

WaDe03
11-08-2017, 03:06 PM
Thing is, he actually has been playing PG for quite a few games now and is doing pretty good at it. MTM, you don't know what the **** you're talking about but that's always clear as day. Chicago fan, you're a Chicago fan so that is about all the explanation needed for you.