PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe traded to the Bucks!

GREATNESS ONE
11-07-2017, 11:26 AM
Just happened, details havenít been reported yet. Initial report was from Woj.

GiantsSwaGG
11-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Suns finalizing deal to send Eric Bledsoe to Bucks, league sources tell @ZachLowe_NBA and me.

If the Bucks didnít give up Brogden then its a good trade for the Bucks

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Sports Illustrated‏
Verified account
*@SInow 13s
13 seconds ago

More
Report: The Suns are trading Eric Bledsoe to the Bucks for Greg Monroe and a first round pick

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2017, 11:29 AM
If that's the trade. we stole Bledsoe. hahahah. Moose is injured and was lame this year. Heck with the pick were playoffs long as Giannis is healthy.

GiantsSwaGG
11-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Suns might be the dumbest franchise in sports right now

GiantsSwaGG
11-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Great trade for the Bucks

GiantsSwaGG
11-07-2017, 11:35 AM
If that's the trade. we stole Bledsoe. hahahah. Moose is injured and was lame this year. Heck with the pick were playoffs long as Giannis is healthy.

Bucks should be fined for this trade, it isnít fair

GREATNESS ONE
BEAT ya too it, by 2minutes! Lol

GREATNESS ONE
This is a good trade for the Bucks.

hugepatsfan
11-07-2017, 11:36 AM
Great move for the Bucks but IDK what people expected from PHX. Bledsoe isn't appealing to rebuilding or developing teams. PG is a generally deep spot with few openings. He wanted out. He's injury prone. His salary is tough to match in trades. People had unrealistic expectations if they weren't expecting a deal like this... an expiring plus a non-lottery 1st.

TrueFan420
11-07-2017, 11:37 AM
Great move for the bucks if Bledsoe can stay healthy.

AI
11-07-2017, 11:41 AM
If Jabari can come back healthy, the Bucks are a center away from being a really interesting team.

Bledsoe
Middleton
Giannis
Jabari

Ideal small ball lineup that compliments each other really well. You also have Brogdon as a 6th man.

mightybosstone
11-07-2017, 11:41 AM
I obviously love this deal on paper for Milwaukee, who hasn't really played Monroe much this season anyway and could really use a true No. 2 offensively on their squad. But I don't hate it for the Suns either as at least they're getting a first round pick for a disgruntled player who wanted out. Look how little some of the best players in the league have netted their teams in trades over the last six months, and this deal doesn't look nearly as bad by comparison.

I haven't watched much Bucks basketball this season, but what does this do to their starting unit? Does Brogdon move to the bench? Or does he slide over to the 2 for Bledsoe at PG and Snell moves to the second unit?

mudvayne387
11-07-2017, 11:52 AM
If Jabari can come back healthy, the Bucks are a center away from being a really interesting team.

Bledsoe
Middleton
Giannis
Jabari

Ideal small ball lineup that compliments each other really well. You also have Brogdon as a 6th man.

Boy, do I have a deal for you !

https://clutchpoints.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/joakim-noah.jpg

TylerSL
11-07-2017, 11:58 AM
Good for Bledsoe! He gets out of that cesspool in Phoenix and he gets a chance to make at least the 2nd round in the playoffs. Cleveland, Boston, Washington, and Milwaukee look like the four best teams in the East.

PG. Brogdon
SG. Bledsoe
SF. Middleton/Parker when he returns
PF. Greek Freak
C. Maker

Good starting lineup

Giannis94
11-07-2017, 11:59 AM
Boy, do I have a deal for you !

https://clutchpoints.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/joakim-noah.jpg

I'm not sure i'd trade jabari for porzy if we're being completly honest.....

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Bucks will be in cap hell next year though with Parker extension. Bucks need to shed players like Delly or Henson or Telly. Brings on a Delly's 3 year deal to Cavs for injured Shumpert's 2 year deal. Moose was a nice big expiring contract. Suns could reflip him at trade deadline for young deals and collect picks or youth.

Bob_at_york
11-07-2017, 12:00 PM

Exactly what I was thinking! I saw one article claim it was a "solid return" for Phoenix. With that kind of package, I am surprised more teams weren't out-bidding the bucks.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2017, 12:02 PM
Suns had to of waived Moose's physical since he is injured. I was hoping Bledsoe would suit up versus Cavs tonight. Suppose he wont. Then i'd flash Delly in front of LeBron a lot. LeBron misses him.

BKLYNpigeon
11-07-2017, 12:03 PM
I guess Bledsoe off the market for the Cavs.

AI
11-07-2017, 12:05 PM

You take being a homer to unknown heights, Iíll leave it at that.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2017, 12:11 PM
All the Bucks‏*@AllTheBucks 10m
10 minutes ago

More
All the Bucks Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski
Per Woj, first round pick has lottery protection.

My oh my. Highway robbery. Lottery protected pick.

sixer04fan
11-07-2017, 12:12 PM
Great move for the Bucks but IDK what people expected from PHX. Bledsoe isn't appealing to rebuilding or developing teams. PG is a generally deep spot with few openings. He wanted out. He's injury prone. His salary is tough to match in trades. People had unrealistic expectations if they weren't expecting a deal like this... an expiring plus a non-lottery 1st.

Agreed. PHX had no leverage and Bledsoe wasnít going to net any notable building block pieces in return. Itís a decent deal for both sides at this point. Adding an unprotected first is solid for Phoenix for a guy that was kicked out of the rotation.

For Milwaukee, it makes them better but doesnít solve their problems if theyíre trying to be serious contenders this year. But again, still a good trade for them. They are better now. Bledsoe is good

Edit: Oops - Just saw the post saying it was lotto protected. Makes it better for Milwaukee.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2017, 12:13 PM
I'd slide Giannis to center. Shift everyone up a notch. Snell 6th man.

Bledsoe,Brogdon,Middleton,Parker,Giannis in February.

mightybosstone
11-07-2017, 12:13 PM

That's completely insane. Now in his fourth season in the league, Parker's had one (mostly) healthy season. Meanwhile, Porzingis is dropping 30 a night in Madison Square Garden.

Rivera
11-07-2017, 12:16 PM
If Parker can come back and be somewhat good this team can be scary

Bledsoe/Middleton/Parker/Giannis/Maker

with Brogdon/Delly/Snell/Henson off the bench

can do damage. I probably would bring Parker off the bench and start snell to maximize it

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2017, 12:17 PM
https://twitter.com/NoTechBen/status/927929786474704896

Bucks also gave up a second round pick in like 2020.

GodsSon
11-07-2017, 12:20 PM
Awesome deal for the Bucks.

They just need to shed Parker now.

WaDe03
11-07-2017, 12:20 PM

Lmfao!

Rivera
11-07-2017, 12:21 PM

:laugh:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2017, 12:23 PM
I already posted a Parker trade in trade board. I hate to part with him. But Bucks will be in cap hell here on out especially if Parker gets 5/$148M. I suggested Parker and Henson to Park's home town Chicago. Parker, Henson for Markkanen and Lopez. If Bulls don't want Henson's 3 year deal they can have Teletovic 2 year deal. Unless Bucks can pull another lucky rabbit out of a hat like we dumped Plumlee before.

If we can dump Delly or Henson or Telly then I prefer to keep Parker. I see a follow up of Delly out. Hopefully LeBron really misses him and we get Shumpert's 2 year deal. Then flip Telly back to Suns for rebounding Chandler. Then based off of Kings scouts watching Henson last week. Follow it up getting Carter or Koufos in return from him.

tredigs
11-07-2017, 12:35 PM

I'm not sure I would trade Porzingis for Giannis if we're being completely honest. And unlike you that is not a troll by any means.

Very good trade for the Bucks here (and a non lottery 1st was about as much as Suns could have hoped for, though if i was them i would have loved to get a speculative prospect as well, but that's life).

The Bucks are still a wreck (work in progress if we are being polite), but they're a scarier sleeper/upset team in the 1st round now. And hey it's the East, where these Cavs are seen as the gatekeepers to the Finals, so who knows what can happen in another year or two (my guess is the Celtics have a stranglehold on the conference at that point).

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2017, 12:38 PM
John Gambadoro‏
Verified account
@Gambo987
Following
Following @Gambo987

More
Bledsoe had Milwaukee on top of his list of places he wanted to go to - looking forward to playing with the Greek Freak and go to playoffs
9:46 AM - 7 Nov 2017 from Phoenix, AZ ...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-07-2017, 12:42 PM
thats a great trade for the bucks

but Bledsoe is made of glass

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2017, 12:47 PM
I like that we traded early into the season. Plenty of time for other trades at deadline. Bucks still need a rebounder in the worst way.

tredigs
11-07-2017, 12:54 PM
I already posted a Parker trade in trade board. I hate to part with him. But Bucks will be in cap hell here on out especially if Parker gets 5/$148M. I suggested Parker and Henson to Park's home town Chicago. Parker, Henson for Markkanen and Lopez. If Bulls don't want Henson's 3 year deal they can have Teletovic 2 year deal.

Lol I mean, I think that's wishful thinking to say the least. I don't see how Jabari has any real trade value at this point (1 small expiring and no team has reason to believe he can even stay on the court) , let alone for a top prospect who is already crushing. Even if Jabari was on a 5 mil a year contract for the next 4 years I would immediately hang up the phone on that proposal.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2017, 12:56 PM
I'm still hoping Parker takes a discount. Kinda doubt he does even with 2 acl injuries. Heck Embiid and LaVine both coming off of injuries and both got 5/$148M.

sixer04fan
11-07-2017, 01:00 PM
If Henson can earn more minutes he is a nice rebounder. If Thon and Henson can hold it down defensively at the 5, the Bucks are going to give teams problems. I like the dynamic of a talented offensive team playing around a defensive 5 that doesnít need to touch the ball.

Honestly, I know heís old as bricks, but you guys could have used Tyson Chandler back from the Suns too. He can still give good depth and defense at center position. Heís contributing for them, but Iím sure they could have given him away at a bargain

smith&wesson
11-07-2017, 01:03 PM
Bledsoe - Delly
Middleton -Brogdon 6th man.
Giannis - Snell
Parker - Henson
Maker --?

I guess at this point they are a C away from competing for a top spot in the east.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2017, 01:08 PM
I think Lavine got 5/$146M?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Matt Velazquez‏
Verified account
*@Matt_Velazquez 5m
5 minutes ago

More
League sources say the picks in the not-yet-finalized Bucks-Suns deal are a "uniquely" protected 2018 first & top 47 protected 2018 second.

Suns robbed.

tredigs
11-07-2017, 01:10 PM
I'm still hoping Parker takes a discount. Kinda doubt he does even with 2 acl injuries. Heck Embiid and LaVine both coming off of injuries and both got 5/$148M.

Nobody is paying Jabari that unless he stays healthy all next year and puts up ridiculous production. As of now, he has 2 ACL tears on the same knee (still out obviously) and is definitely not a franchise level cornerstone like Embiid who someone will take a shot on (and remember there are massive injury provisions in Embiid's deal). Lavine did not get that contract did he????

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2017, 01:19 PM
Bucks have no other decent centers. Maker is a project and gets pushed around. Henson been decent. But we been fooled before. Bucks need rebounding badly.

TheDish87
11-07-2017, 01:19 PM
I'd slide Giannis to center. Shift everyone up a notch. Snell 6th man.

Bledsoe,Brogdon,Middleton,Parker,Giannis in February.

that would be a terrible idea

TheDish87
11-07-2017, 01:27 PM
I already posted a Parker trade in trade board. I hate to part with him. But Bucks will be in cap hell here on out especially if Parker gets 5/$148M. I suggested Parker and Henson to Park's home town Chicago. Parker, Henson for Markkanen and Lopez. If Bulls don't want Henson's 3 year deal they can have Teletovic 2 year deal. Unless Bucks can pull another lucky rabbit out of a hat like we dumped Plumlee before.

If we can dump Delly or Henson or Telly then I prefer to keep Parker. I see a follow up of Delly out. Hopefully LeBron really misses him and we get Shumpert's 2 year deal. Then flip Telly back to Suns for rebounding Chandler. Then based off of Kings scouts watching Henson last week. Follow it up getting Carter or Koufos in return from him.

Parker isnt getting a max, hes got no leverage with these injuries. Maybe he can get something not fully guaranteed like Embiid didn that base based on health and achievements.

GoferKing_
11-07-2017, 01:41 PM

:drunk:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2017, 01:43 PM
it's actually a great trade for both teams, especially considered Eric forced his way out...

Keep in mind Monroa has an expiring $18M this year (which comes of their books or they can trade in Feb to a contender for a first round pick) AS WELL AS receiving a first round pick (can't be protected more than top 5)...

Bucks are still overrated, they need a stretch 5 to open lanes for Greek God and they need points off bench...still not legit contenders even in East...East belongs to Celtics and Cavs every other team is not relevant...

Bucks had tow stretch 5's. Bucks used stretch provision on Hawes. Maker stretch 5 is here but a project and gets pushed around on defense. Also not used properly on offense.

M.L.G.A.
11-07-2017, 01:43 PM
it's actually a great trade for both teams, especially considered Eric forced his way out...

Keep in mind Monroa has an expiring $18M this year (which comes of their books or they can trade in Feb to a contender for a first round pick) AS WELL AS receiving a first round pick (can't be protected more than top 5)...

Bucks are still overrated, they need a stretch 5 to open lanes for Greek God and they need points off bench...still not legit contenders even in East...East belongs to Celtics and Cavs every other team is not relevant...

KB24PG16
11-07-2017, 01:47 PM
solid trade for the bucks, at least the suns got a 1st even though its lotto protected. theres still value in it if they draft good

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2017, 01:52 PM
John Gambadoro

@Gambo987

Details on pick - Suns only get pick in 2018 if it is between 11 and 16. If not it rolls over to 2019 where they would only get it if 4-16
10:37 AM - Nov 7, 2017

John Gambadoro

@Gambo987

If pick rolls over to 2020 it is protected 1-7. In 2021 the pick would be completely unprotected.
10:38 AM - Nov 7, 2017

Suns robbed.

warfelg
11-07-2017, 02:10 PM
Suns robbed.

Wow. The Suns FO is worse than we thought.

warfelg
11-07-2017, 02:14 PM
Oh sweet Jesus this is even worse every minute that passes:

tredigs
11-07-2017, 02:19 PM
I think Lavine got 5/$146M?

Ah no, that was floated but the Bulls are waiting to see how he plays when he gets back. Would be a mistake even if he's healthy imo.

Jeffy25
11-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Suns made out like bandits here

Jeffy25
11-07-2017, 04:07 PM
Suns might be the dumbest franchise in sports right now

I think the Suns came out great.

They get an expiring contract
They get rid of Bledsoe who they don't need or want who has a largish contract for next year
They eventually get a first round pick.

while rebuilding. This will help the Suns plenty.

warfelg
11-07-2017, 04:08 PM
Suns made out like bandits here

Uhhhhhh......what?

TheDish87
11-07-2017, 04:53 PM
i dont get how anyone thinks the Suns were robbed. Bledsoe has no value if not negative value. He is a solid player but hes far from reliable with his health. this seems like a pretty fair trade to me. Im not sure how much Bledsoe can really add to the Bucks who are solid at guard as is already and he is an on ball player moving off of it.

tredigs
11-07-2017, 05:14 PM
I think the Suns came out great.

They get an expiring contract
They get rid of Bledsoe who they don't need or want who has a largish contract for next year
They eventually get a first round pick.

while rebuilding. This will help the Suns plenty.

Cap-space is all well and good, but you still have to find players that you want to spend it on (and will often have to over-pay for multiple extra years if you're not a prioritized destination... often ends up biting teams).

The only reason to not want Bledsoe was because he did not want to be there and he helps them win games (something I suppose they're still not trying to do for the 6th straight year). There's nothing large about 15 a year for Bledsoe. If anything it is below market value for his talent level.

They do get a 1st round pick, which with the Bucks adding Bledsoe, will likely be in the 20's (IE, a complete gamble that by and large ends up as a non-player in the NBA).

The Suns have been "rebuilding" for over half a decade, so they don't deserve much praise for what was ultimately another failed effort to team Bledsoe+Booker into their core backcourt, but a 1st round pick + an expiring is a "fine" return for the situation they were in. "Great", no. Great would be if they also got Brogdon thrown in. Or even Thon Maker. But from their end it is a solid enough return. We'll see in a couple years what they end up doing with the pick, but the reality is that their return on this trade will very likely be nothing.

The Bucks on the other hand, are now even more athletic and have added another very capable and dangerous player. They have cap issues and injury issues and coaching issues, but, I do think it's a move in the right direction for them.

tredigs
11-07-2017, 05:18 PM
For those interested in a look at the trade (stats, tracking, why each team did it, and how it affects both teams), check out https://thefrontofficeeye.com/2017/11/07/bledsoe-traded-to-bucks/

I used to work for the front office of a WNBA team and recently started a site. Would love some feedback and for you guys to spread the word, if you'd like.

Thanks!

Just seeing this. Fantastic analysis, thanks for posting.

More-Than-Most
11-07-2017, 05:21 PM
expected deal.... people were thinking the suns would get more for bled were being silly. His value dropped massively the last few weeks.

More-Than-Most
11-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Uhhhhhh......what?

he literally had no value... if anything i thought they would only get a 2nd or something. With all the **** we have all gone through with Noel and OKA you of all people should understand this.

warfelg
11-07-2017, 05:27 PM
Huuuuuge difference. Bledsoe is a proven NBA commodity. Noel and Okafor are not.

Heediot
11-07-2017, 05:33 PM
I wonder where Monroe goes when he is bought out?

Celtics could be a fit as a backup big.

I didn't expect Suns to get much, so I wasn't surprised.

Jeffy25
11-07-2017, 06:11 PM
Cap-space is all well and good, but you still have to find players that you want to spend it on (and will often have to over-pay for multiple extra years if you're not a prioritized destination... often ends up biting teams).

The only reason to not want Bledsoe was because he did not want to be there and he helps them win games (something I suppose they're still not trying to do for the 6th straight year). There's nothing large about 15 a year for Bledsoe. If anything it is below market value for his talent level.

They do get a 1st round pick, which with the Bucks adding Bledsoe, will likely be in the 20's (IE, a complete gamble that by and large ends up as a non-player in the NBA).

The Suns have been "rebuilding" for over half a decade, so they don't deserve much praise for what was ultimately another failed effort to team Bledsoe+Booker into their core backcourt, but a 1st round pick + an expiring is a "fine" return for the situation they were in. "Great", no. Great would be if they also got Brogdon thrown in. Or even Thon Maker. But from their end it is a solid enough return. We'll see in a couple years what they end up doing with the pick, but the reality is that their return on this trade will very likely be nothing.

The Bucks on the other hand, are now even more athletic and have added another very capable and dangerous player. They have cap issues and injury issues and coaching issues, but, I do think it's a move in the right direction for them.

I just see this as a win for the Suns.

Booker needs a max deal, and they should enjoy several picks over the next several years that allow them to put good players around him. Building around Jackson and Booker and getting a likely top 5-10 pick in next years draft will help move them along well. They are actually winning now more than I thought they would. Hopefully they can get their pick up into the top 3 range before it's over.

Let Monroe and others walk. Get something for Chandler. This deal helps them plenty. They got a first and an expiring for a player they couldn't use.

Jeffy25
11-07-2017, 06:13 PM

It was a great analysis.

I understand they don't want stuff linked like that, but what he wrote about the trade was great.

colinskik
11-07-2017, 06:40 PM

This is close to being hilarious. Why in the world would CHI give up their rookie who's showing great flashes and the better of the two C's? Swapping Teletovic doesn't sweeten the deal in the least. A team trading a promising rookie is going to want something of substance back -- something reliable.

And the Suns can get much better value back for Chandler. You think they would make that trade to save ~$3 million? Seems very unlikely.

Gotta take off those homer glasses every now and then. It'll do you some good.

thefrontofficee
11-07-2017, 07:02 PM

Glad you enjoyed, dude! Hoping to make 2-3 posts, at minimum, a week - I have a KOQ article done and a Marvin Bagley article finished as well. If you can spread the word, that'd be awesome (although I understand not wanting to, haha). Always open to suggestions, too!

homie564
11-07-2017, 07:06 PM
I wonder where Monroe goes when he is bought out?

Celtics could be a fit as a backup big.

I didn't expect Suns to get much, so I wasn't surprised.

Depending on the cost, wouldnít hurt, but as of right this moment I donít think the Celtics need him. Baynes and TheisTheis Baby have been very good role players, and weíd probably benefit more from playing them at their current level than Monroe. If either of them shows regression or gets injured, however, that could be a great move for a late or protected first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2017, 07:07 PM
i dont get how anyone thinks the Suns were robbed. Bledsoe has no value if not negative value. He is a solid player but hes far from reliable with his health. this seems like a pretty fair trade to me. Im not sure how much Bledsoe can really add to the Bucks who are solid at guard as is already and he is an on ball player moving off of it.

Bledsoe was easier to land for almost nothing compared to Irving trade. Very heavily protected first and protected second round pick. Yeah Moose is a nice big expiring contract. But who the Suns gonna sign now? Also Suns are in the west. Bledsoe was had for less then PG13 or CP3 or Butler. Yeah Bledsoe stock is low and wanted out. Also health issues with his knees. But on a winning team. His defense hopefully should be back playing with Giannis. Bucks just need another trade for a rebounding monster.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2017, 07:12 PM
I just see this as a win for the Suns.

Booker needs a max deal, and they should enjoy several picks over the next several years that allow them to put good players around him. Building around Jackson and Booker and getting a likely top 5-10 pick in next years draft will help move them along well. They are actually winning now more than I thought they would. Hopefully they can get their pick up into the top 3 range before it's over.

Let Monroe and others walk. Get something for Chandler. This deal helps them plenty. They got a first and an expiring for a player they couldn't use.

Actually shocked Chandler wasn't in the Bledsoe trade. Bucks need rebounding. Even though it seems Chandler lost most of his mobility. But decent rebounder yet.

More-Than-Most
11-07-2017, 07:45 PM
Huuuuuge difference. Bledsoe is a proven NBA commodity. Noel and Okafor are not.

O.o what? Bledsoe cant touch noels dick.... Noels defense is that great. Its just when a guy comes out and basically screams to be traded and the team shuts him down in a statement he loses almost any value he has.

dudes that put up 21/6 with almost 4 turnovers a game while shooting 43 percent..... give me the center that can do what noel does 10 times out of 10 times.

Scoots
11-07-2017, 08:41 PM
O.o what? Bledsoe cant touch noels dick.... Noels defense is that great. Its just when a guy comes out and basically screams to be traded and the team shuts him down in a statement he loses almost any value he has.

dudes that put up 21/6 with almost 4 turnovers a game while shooting 43 percent..... give me the center that can do what noel does 10 times out of 10 times.

While there is something to what you say, Noel has really fallen off this year for some reason. Bledsoe was really a great guard defender and he was a decent scorer.

If I am a GM of a team looking to win now it would not be a quick decision between the two.

warfelg
11-07-2017, 09:02 PM
While there is something to what you say, Noel has really fallen off this year for some reason. Bledsoe was really a great guard defender and he was a decent scorer.

If I am a GM of a team looking to win now it would not be a quick decision between the two.

Well Bledsoe's defense has been slipping but his offense is still really good.

But here's my problem with the trade:

Milwaukee will send its 2018 first-round pick to Phoenix if it lands between Nos. 11 and 16. If the pick carries beyond 2018, the Suns get a loosening of protections in 2019 (Nos. 4 to 16), 2020 (Nos. 8 to 30) and 2021, when the pick would come unprotected. The Suns will get the Bucks' 2018 second-round pick if it lands between Nos. 48 and 60. Otherwise, the Bucks keep the pick.

What's the chances the Bucks pick falls in the lottery or 16 or better?
What about in 2019?
Now we're likely looking at it not transferring till 2020?

So the Suns will likely get the 2nd this year.

They didn't really get a player either. They just got the right for a buyout of a player.

So some are trying to convince us that a 2020 late 1st and a 2018 late second is a good return for a guy who just could be an allstar in the east? Even if you want to claim "diminished returns" because of the way it went down this is bad.

This isn't like Noel's return where one of the players at the center position clearly had to be moved and we would struggle to get a good return anyways. This isn't a player who so far has been a bust, and is struggling to crack the rotation. This is a player who is quite the commodity for a team.

I just love the outcome so much for the Bucks. Brogdon can come off the bench now. Bledsoe starting with Middleton, Snell, Giannis, Maker, that grouping is set up so well around GIannis now. Brogdon, Parker, Delly off the bench. If they can find a way to bring in a quality backup center they might be able to take the division.

CELTICS4LYFE
11-07-2017, 09:10 PM
The suns werenít trading Bledsoe they were dumping a disgruntled player.

Expiring contract + picks = dumping a player.

homie564
11-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Bledsoe was easier to land for almost nothing compared to Irving trade. Very heavily protected first and protected second round pick. Yeah Moose is a nice big expiring contract. But who the Suns gonna sign now? Also Suns are in the west. Bledsoe was had for less then PG13 or CP3 or Butler. Yeah Bledsoe stock is low and wanted out. Also health issues with his knees. But on a winning team. His defense hopefully should be back playing with Giannis. Bucks just need another trade for a rebounding monster.

Bledsoe isnít close to Kyrie though... not sure why those trades are being compared?

warfelg
11-07-2017, 10:00 PM
Bledsoe isnít close to Kyrie though... not sure why those trades are being compared?

For Homerism reasons.

homie564
11-07-2017, 10:01 PM
I feel that Bledsoe is being a little overrated here... calling him an all star might be a little far fetched

warfelg
11-07-2017, 10:08 PM
I feel that Bledsoe is being a little overrated here... calling him an all star might be a little far fetched

I think he could be in the east.

To me the 4 locks are Lowry, DeRozen, Irving, Wall. There's bound to be 2-3 others. Who makes it? Dipo, Simmons (if the NBA classifies him as one), and who else? Why couldn't Bledsoe take that spot with a great run?

More-Than-Most
11-07-2017, 10:13 PM

lol he has fallen off and its because he is forced behind dirk and they gave him a horrid contract... its the type of mentality he has... He probably isnt even trying.

homie564
11-07-2017, 10:19 PM
I think he could be in the east.

To me the 4 locks are Lowry, DeRozen, Irving, Wall. There's bound to be 2-3 others. Who makes it? Dipo, Simmons (if the NBA classifies him as one), and who else? Why couldn't Bledsoe take that spot with a great run?

Beal, Walker, Butler, Middleton... Iím sure thereís other guards that are better too I just canít think of them lol

KB24PG16
11-07-2017, 10:22 PM
lol he has fallen off and its because he is forced behind dirk and they gave him a horrid contract... its the type of mentality he has... He probably isnt even trying.

didnt noel only sign for one year? he should be trying really hard right now

Giannis94
11-07-2017, 10:46 PM
Nobody is paying Jabari that unless he stays healthy all next year and puts up ridiculous production. As of now, he has 2 ACL tears on the same knee (still out obviously) and is definitely not a franchise level cornerstone like Embiid who someone will take a shot on (and remember there are massive injury provisions in Embiid's deal). Lavine did not get that contract did he????

No one is paying him? His Embiid Value is a $709,000,000 contract at $4.7 million per games played. Thats just math. My bet is on philly

Scoots
11-07-2017, 11:53 PM
Well Bledsoe's defense has been slipping but his offense is still really good.

But here's my problem with the trade:

What's the chances the Bucks pick falls in the lottery or 16 or better?
What about in 2019?
Now we're likely looking at it not transferring till 2020?

So the Suns will likely get the 2nd this year.

They didn't really get a player either. They just got the right for a buyout of a player.

So some are trying to convince us that a 2020 late 1st and a 2018 late second is a good return for a guy who just could be an allstar in the east? Even if you want to claim "diminished returns" because of the way it went down this is bad.

This isn't like Noel's return where one of the players at the center position clearly had to be moved and we would struggle to get a good return anyways. This isn't a player who so far has been a bust, and is struggling to crack the rotation. This is a player who is quite the commodity for a team.

I just love the outcome so much for the Bucks. Brogdon can come off the bench now. Bledsoe starting with Middleton, Snell, Giannis, Maker, that grouping is set up so well around GIannis now. Brogdon, Parker, Delly off the bench. If they can find a way to bring in a quality backup center they might be able to take the division.

Yeah, I was just talking player for player, if you were offered the same package for Noel or Bledsoe I don't know who i'd prefer right now.

Heediot
11-08-2017, 05:28 AM
Depending on the cost, wouldnít hurt, but as of right this moment I donít think the Celtics need him. Baynes and TheisTheis Baby have been very good role players, and weíd probably benefit more from playing them at their current level than Monroe. If either of them shows regression or gets injured, however, that could be a great move for a late or protected first

I think he will be bought out. Probably after the trade deadline at the latest. My question is where does he sign if he is bought out. I do agree, Boston doesn't need to trade for him as of now.

TheDish87
11-08-2017, 09:54 AM

no ****ing **** he was had for less, hes not even in the same stratosphere of a player. i cant believe this is your argument for robbing the suns lol

Scoots
11-08-2017, 10:01 AM

Dirk played 19 minutes the other night ... Noel just 5+ minutes. It's not because he's behind Dirk. He signed the contract, he could have had more. He's on a one year deal ... either he's a head case or the Mavs are intentionally painting him as one to get his next deal down which has never worked in the modern NBA. Which brings us back to what the heck is wrong with Noel this year?

TheDish87
11-08-2017, 10:21 AM
there were plenty of reports about Noel being a problem behind the scenes when he was here.

Scoots
11-08-2017, 10:39 AM
there were plenty of reports about Noel being a problem behind the scenes when he was here.

Yeah, and his people were blaming the Sixers ... now he is on a little 1 year contract and isn't getting PT on a terrible team that needs him.

Vee-Rex
11-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Beal, Walker, Butler, Middleton... Iím sure thereís other guards that are better too I just canít think of them lol

Butler plays for the Wolves in the West.

But I agree with Walker and Beal. Walker is pretty much always underrated.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-08-2017, 11:43 AM
no ****ing **** he was had for less, hes not even in the same stratosphere of a player. i cant believe this is your argument for robbing the suns lol

Only way Suns can spin this is flip expiring Moose for dead weight and more assets. Other wise a future protected late first and highly protected second round pick isn't much. You act like Suns made out like bandits. They held out long enough and loss the trade. Pretty simple. Denver pulled away from the deal once Mudiay started to play decent. But I'm sure Suns didn't want Faried or Arthurs contracts.

eDush
11-08-2017, 12:09 PM
Sports Illustrated‏
Verified account
*@SInow 13s
13 seconds ago

More
Report: The Suns are trading Eric Bledsoe to the Bucks for Greg Monroe and a first round pickIm surprised they didn't try to get B. Knight back since the Bucks has been his most productive stomping ground under Jason Kidd. Monroe would fit the Suns way of playing offensively along with a low first. I guess the best way to get traded is to tweet something like 'I don't want to be here... :pity:

eDush
11-08-2017, 12:13 PM
Suns might be the dumbest franchise in sports right nowAgreed. This is the team who traded IT on a very friendly contract for basically nothing while also traded their best ball handler to the Heat and blew their chance at making the playoffs. Their FO is run by morons!

And now this.... :(

eDush
11-08-2017, 12:20 PM
Great move for the Bucks but IDK what people expected from PHX. Bledsoe isn't appealing to rebuilding or developing teams. PG is a generally deep spot with few openings. He wanted out. He's injury prone. His salary is tough to match in trades. People had unrealistic expectations if they weren't expecting a deal like this... an expiring plus a non-lottery 1st.Well they could have gotten Kyrie for Bledsoe easy not that long ago or did you forgot already? The Cavs is not even in the same conference, so they can't even use that as an excuse. It would've been a great ideal trade for both clubs but the Suns blew it again while the Celtics are benefiting from it with the best seasonal start in decades.

They might be even worse than the Bulls FO which is saying a lot :nod:

TheDish87
11-08-2017, 12:59 PM
Only way Suns can spin this is flip expiring Moose for dead weight and more assets. Other wise a future protected late first and highly protected second round pick isn't much. You act like Suns made out like bandits. They held out long enough and loss the trade. Pretty simple. Denver pulled away from the deal once Mudiay started to play decent. But I'm sure Suns didn't want Faried or Arthurs contracts.

i didnt act like anything, i said the trade seems fair to me and far from the robbery you claim it is. You tried to weirdly make the trade seem better by comparing him to actual star players for some reason. Lets not pretend Bledsoe is some ideal fit next to Giannis either unless he is gonna come off the bench this could easily flop.

TheDish87
11-08-2017, 01:00 PM
Well they could have gotten Kyrie for Bledsoe easy not that long ago or did you forgot already? The Cavs is not even in the same conference, so they can't even use that as an excuse. It would've been a great ideal trade for both clubs but the Suns blew it again while the Celtics are benefiting from it with the best seasonal start in decades.

They might be even worse than the Bulls FO which is saying a lot :nod:

lol no, just no. stop.

homie564
11-08-2017, 01:33 PM
Butler plays for the Wolves in the West.

But I agree with Walker and Beal. Walker is pretty much always underrated.

Lol I donít know why I put his name on there... I knew he was on Minnesota, and knew they were in the West... and yet still put his name down [emoji23]

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-08-2017, 03:21 PM
i didnt act like anything, i said the trade seems fair to me and far from the robbery you claim it is. You tried to weirdly make the trade seem better by comparing him to actual star players for some reason. Lets not pretend Bledsoe is some ideal fit next to Giannis either unless he is gonna come off the bench this could easily flop.

I'm sure if he was traded to 76ers for pennies on the dollar you be tickled pink as well. Only down fall for the Bucks in this trade is we didn't dump any long term salaries like Delly or Henson or Teletovic. That's only down fall I see. Unless Bledsoe gets injured then trade would be lame. Also Bledsoe defense slipped last year when all the vets got benched for the youth movement and tankathon.

I expect Bledsoe to turn it back up a notch. Maybe even get some votes for All Star game in the weak east. As for Bledsoe benched. Nah reports are he will be the starter. I was gonna say Brogdon slides up to SG. But seems Brogdon will be benched and Snell is safe at SG. Safe until February when Parker is back. Then Middleton will slide from SF down to SG then. Also Bledsoe is another scoring option and more speedy then Brogdon. Giannis been shoulder most the load all season. We needed another scoring option at least till Parker gets back.

TheDish87
11-08-2017, 03:42 PM
Yea Bledose isnt making the AS game not even in the east. im gonna question the fit until proven wrong. i get the excitement to add a player who could potentially help but you are acting like you just traded dirt for an all pro player and couldn't be more wrong.

5ass
11-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Last i checked Bledsoe's catch and shoot numbers were pretty good, so I dont see why Bledsoe would be a bad fit with Giannis. I think Bledsoe is a good fit in that system and roster.

The Bucks traded a pick and Monroe. The talent upgrade this year is significant. I could easily see them winning 5 more games than without the trade.

homie564
11-08-2017, 05:21 PM
Last i checked Bledsoe's catch and shoot numbers were pretty good, so I dont see why Bledsoe would be a bad fit with Giannis. I think Bledsoe is a good fit in that system and roster.

The Bucks traded a pick and Monroe. The talent upgrade this year is significant. I could easily see them winning 5 more games than without the trade.

Man idk.. I just donít think this guy is a 5 win type player... this is a guy who is probably a 6th or 7th man on a real contender (obviously depending on surrounding players)... I havenít watched much of Brogdon but when I have heís pretty good...if heís displacing him in the starting lineup, Iím not even sure their starting lineup is that much better...I donít think itís a bad trade but is improving essentially your 6th man (now Brogdon) and losing a decent big off the bench really worth 5 wins? I just donít see it

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-08-2017, 05:26 PM
Any chance LeBron pushes Gilbert to get Delly back now? Delly is on a 3 year deal yet. So I could see it as a easy no. I think my Bucks be happy with Shumpert's 2 year deal.

homie564
11-08-2017, 05:35 PM
Any chance LeBron pushes Gilbert to get Delly back now? Delly is on a 3 year deal yet. So I could see it as a easy no. I think my Bucks be happy with Shumpert's 2 year deal.

Maybe shump for Delly and a pick... although without long term commitment from Lebron it seems unlikely

Scoots
11-08-2017, 06:36 PM
Yea Bledose isnt making the AS game not even in the east. im gonna question the fit until proven wrong. i get the excitement to add a player who could potentially help but you are acting like you just traded dirt for an all pro player and couldn't be more wrong.

Who is the "you" you are referring to?

5ass
11-08-2017, 07:52 PM
Man idk.. I just donít think this guy is a 5 win type player... this is a guy who is probably a 6th or 7th man on a real contender (obviously depending on surrounding players)... I havenít watched much of Brogdon but when I have heís pretty good...if heís displacing him in the starting lineup, Iím not even sure their starting lineup is that much better...I donít think itís a bad trade but is improving essentially your 6th man (now Brogdon) and losing a decent big off the bench really worth 5 wins? I just donít see it

If thats the way they go about it, then atleast they added Brogdon to the bench unit and improved it. Brogdon is averaging 16-5 so far this season. Delly is averaging 5/3 and their best bench player (Monroe) was averaging 7 PPG.

Giannis94
11-08-2017, 09:18 PM
Maybe shump for Delly and a pick... although without long term commitment from Lebron it seems unlikely

I'm thinking more of jabari/thon/ and some pick protections for Judas. No chance Judas returns. Might as well get value where you can. And definitely don't want to include broggy for a rental.

TheDish87
11-09-2017, 09:23 AM
Who is the "you" you are referring to?

the person i responded to. the bucls dude who keeps claiming a robbery for Eric 'im always injured' bledsoe

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-09-2017, 09:27 AM
the person i responded to. the bucls dude who keeps claiming a robbery for Eric 'im always injured' bledsoe

It was a robbery. You seem salty for some reason.

Scoots
11-09-2017, 09:36 AM

Use the quote function for clarity.

TheDish87
11-09-2017, 11:32 AM
Use the quote function for clarity.

it was the very next post lol. are you really upset about that?

TheDish87
11-09-2017, 11:33 AM
It was a robbery. You seem salty for some reason.

lol no i just think its weird how great you think this trade is and that you lumped Bledsoe in with all pro players.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-09-2017, 11:54 AM
http://arizonasports.com/story/1304545/suns-bucks-trade-eric-bledsoe-greg-monroe-means/

Long write up from Suns point of view. The beat writer doesn't even like the highly protected pick. Yeah Moose nice big expiring and could be reflipped for junk and assets attached to it.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-09-2017, 12:04 PM
lol no i just think its weird how great you think this trade is and that you lumped Bledsoe in with all pro players.

You act like Bledsoe is #30 for PG's in the league. Moose was injured and when he did play this year was clogging the paint on Giannis. I bet his defense comes back playing with Giannis. Bledsoe gave up last season when Suns went full tank and bench all the vets. Jury still out if he can stay healthy. But ton of guys in the league are getting injured. You should know you got Embiid and Fultz.

Bucks already in same boat with Parker. Moose was gone no matter what next summer Bucks at least take a flier on Bledsoe for two seasons. Also its a upgrade for us since Brogdon is better then Delly. Delly now be buried and probably traded.

TheDish87
11-09-2017, 12:17 PM
you are confusing with getting injured to spent most of a career injured. i like Bledsoe, dont get me wrong but you keep acting like hes gonna be a savior and that he was ever gonna go for a decent haul, he had no value for many reasons.

Scoots
11-09-2017, 12:22 PM

No. It just wasn't clear. Then I asked you to clarify and you said "the bucls dude" and no username. It just wasn't clear that's all. NP.

smith&wesson
11-09-2017, 12:52 PM
you are confusing with getting injured to spent most of a career injured. i like Bledsoe, dont get me wrong but you keep acting like hes gonna be a savior and that he was ever gonna go for a decent haul, he had no value for many reasons.

If nothing else Bledsoe give Giannis another weapon... and yeah he has been an injury prone player but he is healthy right now, and the player they gave up wasn't so that point is moot imo.

The Bucks get better with this trade for sure. A lot weighs on the health of Bledsoe and Parker and that is a risk so I'm with you there but if some luck could have them all healthy in the post season they can possibly see the finals. Atleast on paper

WaDe03
11-09-2017, 03:22 PM

Respect your elders and do as he says!

FlashBolt
11-09-2017, 03:51 PM
I think it was a mistake not getting Chandler.. I would have traded Maker, to be honest.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-09-2017, 06:56 PM
I'm a bit shocked Chandler wasn't in the deal as well. I know it was repeatedly said Suns didn't want long term deals. So three year deals of Delly and Henson were out of question. Telly is a two year deal. I would of parted with Maker as well if it let us keep expiring Moose and Suns forced to taking on Delly. But they didn't want long term money since they need to extend Booker yet. Chandler is a Kidd's guy.

Thought for sure he would of been in the deal. Heck I would of took Dudley back as well. Suns already had Telly before. Bucks need to trade for a center yet. Then Kings had scouts checking in on Bucks/Blazers game watching Henson. Curious what they'd offer us for Henson. I'm hoping Koufos. Carter be nice but he has new contract cant be traded till later like January. Giannis probably wouldn't mind Papagiannis on the Bucks. Maybe third string but get him. Both on Greece team.

smith&wesson
11-10-2017, 11:39 AM
Are the Bucks contenders with a healthy Parker ?

Giannis94
11-10-2017, 12:52 PM
Are the Bucks contenders with a healthy Parker ?

Forget the east. We're taking shot at GSW. :superman::superman::superman::superman::superman: :superman::superman::superman::superman::superman: :superman::superman::superman:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-10-2017, 04:34 PM
Bucks limiting Bledsoe minutes around 20 or so according to tweets. Not go over board and give him 39 first game back in action. He will be a starter tonight at San Antonio. Telly will miss tonight with sore knee. Maybe traded. hahahah Seems every time Bucks report a minor injury we trade them. Delly probably gets the shaft with no minutes possibly.

eDush
11-10-2017, 07:41 PM
Bucks limiting Bledsoe minutes around 20 or so according to tweets. Not go over board and give him 39 first game back in action. He will be a starter tonight at San Antonio. Telly will miss tonight with sore knee. Maybe traded. hahahah Seems every time Bucks report a minor injury we trade them. Delly probably gets the shaft with no minutes possibly.I will be watching this game intently to see how Bledsoe mesh with his new mates. Will it be a statement game or will he wait until he face his former team...
:shrug:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-14-2017, 12:12 PM
Bucks 3-0 with Bledsoe. Spurs and Grizzlies go down. Also powder puff game versus Lakers. Man February Bucks gonna go gangbusters once Parker is back. Hell yeah.

mightybosstone
11-14-2017, 03:05 PM
Bucks 3-0 with Bledsoe. Spurs and Grizzlies go down. Also powder puff game versus Lakers. Man February Bucks gonna go gangbusters once Parker is back. Hell yeah.

Yes, they're winning games, but Bledsoe has been pretty bad in that small sample size. He's averaging only 13 points a night on 38 percent shooting with 4 boards, 4 assists and 3 turnovers a night. And his advanced stats (including a negative WS) have been really awful.

I think this team is unquestionably better with Bledsoe on the roster than without him, but I don't think we can call this a huge win for the Bucks just yet. He needs to start playing better and Milwaukee needs to keep winning games over time before we can unequivocally call this an amazing acquisition.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-14-2017, 04:06 PM
Well the Bucks needed another option. Parker is out till February. We counted heavily on sophomore's of Brogdon and Maker as starters. Also Middleton starts out each season in a shooting slump. Henson shockingly been decent so far. But I say fools gold. Sell high on him. Delly sucks. But Delly can go back to his old role of scrappy defender paired with Brogdon off the pine.

Bucks still lack rebounding. Maker hit the wall this year already. Kidd doesn't play Vaughn much. Little bit of burn Vaughn gets been great. Raining threes like a boss. Kidd seems to hate him though. Also Kidd hasn't played rookies Wilson or Brown yet either. Jet was brought back and more less a players coach on the side lines. But a wasted spot now. Rather kept camp bodies of Green or Young.

Vee-Rex
11-14-2017, 04:35 PM
Well the Bucks needed another option. Parker is out till February. We counted heavily on sophomore's of Brogdon and Maker as starters. Also Middleton starts out each season in a shooting slump. Henson shockingly been decent so far. But I say fools gold. Sell high on him. Delly sucks. But Delly can go back to his old role of scrappy defender paired with Brogdon off the pine.

Bucks still lack rebounding. Maker hit the wall this year already. Kidd doesn't play Vaughn much. Little bit of burn Vaughn gets been great. Raining threes like a boss. Kidd seems to hate him though. Also Kidd hasn't played rookies Wilson or Brown yet either. Jet was brought back and more less a players coach on the side lines. But a wasted spot now. Rather kept camp bodies of Green or Young.

I like the chances your Bucks team have at taking over the East soon. I'd like you guys to get your hands on a banger who rebounds well. Do that and IMO it's a toss-up between the Bucks and Celtics (and maybe Sixers if they can be healthy) at running the East. Giannis is gonna be the best player in the East for years to come (sorry Embiid fans but I need to see more 35+ minute games on little rest).

Giannis94
11-14-2017, 04:43 PM
I like the chances your Bucks team have at taking over the East soon. I'd like you guys to get your hands on a banger who rebounds well. Do that and IMO it's a toss-up between the Bucks and Celtics (and maybe Sixers if they can be healthy) at running the East. Giannis is gonna be the best player in the East for years to come (sorry Embiid fans but I need to see more 35+ minute games on little rest).

Embiid isn't even in the conversation. Your qualification is 35 minutes on back to backs? How about averaging more than 11 games played per season. At his current rate, it will take roughly 8 seasons to play in 82 games. And I'm on mobile. So that may be off. But yeah you get the point

mightybosstone
11-14-2017, 06:15 PM

Embiid isn't even in the conversation. Your qualification is 35 minutes on back to backs? How about averaging more than 11 games played per season. At his current rate, it will take roughly 8 seasons to play in 82 games. And I'm on mobile. So that may be off. But yeah you get the point

I don't even think Embiid is going to be the best player on his own team. I haven't seen much of the Sixers this season, but Ben Simmons definitely seems like a truly special athlete.

warfelg
11-14-2017, 08:33 PM
I don't even think Embiid is going to be the best player on his own team. I haven't seen much of the Sixers this season, but Ben Simmons definitely seems like a truly special athlete.

Simmons is a special athlete but Embiid is still clearly the better player. Better defender, better shooter, better rebounder. He's becoming a better passer out of doubles. If he cuts down on the TO's this get's downright scary.

Scoots
11-14-2017, 10:39 PM

Why does he need to be a 35+ minute guy? If he provides 28-32 standout minutes a night that should be enough to be at least in the discussion if his game is consistently at the high end of his performances from his first 40+ games.

Giannis is great, but we don't really know if one of these other young kids is going to pass him in the next couple years. Embiid and Simmons are definitely on that list.

warfelg
11-14-2017, 10:40 PM
Why does he need to be a 35+ minute guy? If he provides 28-32 standout minutes a night that should be enough to be at least in the discussion if his game is consistently at the high end of his performances from his first 40+ games.

What's funny to think is only 1 center plays 35+ minutes a game. DeMarcus Cousins.

Embiid is currently 13th among centers in MPG. 28.5 minutes per game.

Vee-Rex
11-15-2017, 01:56 AM

Giannis is great, but we don't really know if one of these other young kids is going to pass him in the next couple years. Embiid and Simmons are definitely on that list.

Wow, you guys are zero'ing in on the 35+ minutes. That wasn't the emphasis on my point.

The person that takes the crown from LeBron is gonna run the East. That means deep playoff runs, longer/harder minutes. Sorry, I just don't see Embiid running the show on 28mpg in the playoffs, and certainly won't have anywhere near the kind of impact to challenge whoever comes out of the West. We're talking about grueling playoff matchups here.

Even the golden boy Steph Curry saw 35+ minutes per game in the playoffs last year, and that's while playing on a god damn Olympic team. He saw 34'ish 2015-16 (year he was hurt), and 39 in 2014-15. They're gonna have to take off Embiid's diapers before he takes over a conference. I love Embiid and I'm not insulting him but people act like ****** gotta be on hush mode and look the other way when it comes to questioning his durability.

smith&wesson
11-15-2017, 03:38 AM
Bucks are looking good with Bledsoe

Scoots
11-15-2017, 10:43 AM
Wow, you guys are zero'ing in on the 35+ minutes. That wasn't the emphasis on my point.

The person that takes the crown from LeBron is gonna run the East. That means deep playoff runs, longer/harder minutes. Sorry, I just don't see Embiid running the show on 28mpg in the playoffs, and certainly won't have anywhere near the kind of impact to challenge whoever comes out of the West. We're talking about grueling playoff matchups here.

Even the golden boy Steph Curry saw 35+ minutes per game in the playoffs last year, and that's while playing on a god damn Olympic team. He saw 34'ish 2015-16 (year he was hurt), and 39 in 2014-15. They're gonna have to take off Embiid's diapers before he takes over a conference. I love Embiid and I'm not insulting him but people act like ****** gotta be on hush mode and look the other way when it comes to questioning his durability.

I have plenty of doubts on Embiid's durability ... I just think if he's averaging 28-32 minutes a night he can be in the conversation. And you were talking regular season ... Curry's unanimous MVP came on 33 minutes a night.

I think it's really hard for a center to be the man because of the way the game has changed so chances are it's not Embiid because of that.

warfelg
11-15-2017, 10:47 AM
I have plenty of doubts on Embiid's durability ... I just think if he's averaging 28-32 minutes a night he can be in the conversation. And you were talking regular season ... Curry's unanimous MVP came on 33 minutes a night.

I think it's really hard for a center to be the man because of the way the game has changed so chances are it's not Embiid because of that.

Quoted you earlier saying this same thing:

What's funny to think is only 1 center plays 35+ minutes a game. DeMarcus Cousins.

Embiid is currently 13th among centers in MPG. 28.5 minutes per game.

In fact there's only 15 guys averaging 35+ a game. I think 25 MPG is a good number to be considered durable in this age of resting, sitting in blowouts, and more health info being out there.

hugepatsfan
11-15-2017, 11:32 AM
25 MPG is definitely now what a guy should be playing to be considered elite.

Scoots
11-15-2017, 12:06 PM
Quoted you earlier saying this same thing:

In fact there's only 15 guys averaging 35+ a game. I think 25 MPG is a good number to be considered durable in this age of resting, sitting in blowouts, and more health info being out there.

Just to be clear ... you and I are on the same side here I think. I think Embiid doesn't need to be playing big minutes to be in the conversation as the best player in the East.

25 seems to me a little low to be in THAT conversation which is what we were talking about ... but he's over 28 which was the number I cited, so if he plays at his best level and averages around that number of minutes then I think he should be in the conversations.