PDA

View Full Version : Young players (non-rookies) likely to take the next step?

hugepatsfan
11-06-2017, 12:44 PM
Jaylen Brown seems to be doing it for Boston. Defending well and average 16/7/1/1 on great shooting percentages.

Giannis94
11-06-2017, 12:44 PM
Figured this could be an interesting one. Which players do you think will take the next step in the near future? That haven't really produced (for whatever reason) yet?

I think Ingram is a great candidate, Embiid is also up there, Jabari, Aaron Gordon, Dipo, Wiggy, D-Russ.

Who else you guys got?

Also, this is not listing players that have clearly recently graduated, such as KAT, GIA, KP, and Jokic.

Heediot
11-06-2017, 02:08 PM
kp has been killing it. I think he can sustain it better this year vs. past. don't tell nyk fans that though. they are over board on his nuts already in the oher thread.

mrblisterdundee
11-06-2017, 02:23 PM
Rodney Hood has been pretty good in absence of Hayward, although I'd like to see him play more than 27 minutes per game and become Utah's go-to option. And at 6'8", he should be getting more than 2.7 rebounds per 36 minutes.

IndyRealist
11-06-2017, 07:32 PM
Figured this could be an interesting one. Which players do you think will take the next step in the near future? That haven't really produced (for whatever reason) yet?

I think Ingram is a great candidate, Embiid is also up there, Jabari, Aaron Gordon, Dipo, Wiggy, D-Russ.

Who else you guys got?

Also, this is not listing players that have clearly recently graduated, such as KAT, GIA, KP, and Jokic.

I feel like if this thread was started in preseason no one would have said Aaron Gordon or Victor Oladipo. I don't think KP should be excluded from this list. He wasn't great overall last season with all the team turmoil. I think this is the year he blows up full time. Same with Myles Turner. Also for the Pacers, this was going to be Glenn Robinson III's year. I'm not terribly impressed with the guy ahead of him, Bojan Bogdanovic. Shame Glenn got injured early.

5ass
11-06-2017, 07:47 PM
I feel like if this thread was started in preseason no one would have said Aaron Gordon or Victor Oladipo. I don't think KP should be excluded from this list. He wasn't great overall last season with all the team turmoil. I think this is the year he blows up full time. Same with Myles Turner. Also for the Pacers, this was going to be Glenn Robinson III's year. I'm not terribly impressed with the guy ahead of him, Bojan Bogdanovic. Shame Glenn got injured early.

I had AG as a MIP candidate.

Oladipo i definitely expected close to 20PPG. He averahed like 18 PPG in his second year and has gotten much better since then. Hes a streaky three point shooter he could just be having a hot streak and fall back to the mid30s 3pt%. 45% is not sustainable. Hes also getting to the line and that has always been a problem for oladipo. He probably picked up some tricks playing wuth westbrook.

KP is the player i envisioned hed become since the draft. Magic fans were crushed when jackson took KP over Mudiay. Couldve had a zingis AG front court.

What about Sabonis? He looks good.

R. Johnson#3
11-06-2017, 08:55 PM
If KP really did improve his conditioning then he's a shoe in.

D-Lo is another candidate for sure. With more usage in Brooklyn he's delivering. Needs to cut down the turnovers though.

IndyRealist
11-06-2017, 10:47 PM
I had AG as a MIP candidate.

Oladipo i definitely expected close to 20PPG. He averahed like 18 PPG in his second year and has gotten much better since then. Hes a streaky three point shooter he could just be having a hot streak and fall back to the mid30s 3pt%. 45% is not sustainable. Hes also getting to the line and that has always been a problem for oladipo. He probably picked up some tricks playing wuth westbrook.

KP is the player i envisioned hed become since the draft. Magic fans were crushed when jackson took KP over Mudiay. Couldve had a zingis AG front court.

What about Sabonis? He looks good.

I left out sabonis bc he's a sophomore. You'd expect him to get better. Dipo's improvement has very little to do with his ppg, and everything to do with his efficiency. He's simply much more efficient than he ever has been. I think it's more getting out from under Westbrook than anything. He's not really an alpha personality, but according to the team he's got Westbrook type speed.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-07-2017, 12:35 AM
Bruno Caboclo.

sixer04fan
11-07-2017, 02:30 AM
I like keeping an eye on 4 of the young bigs out west - Skal/WCS in Sac, and Chriss/Bender in Phoenix. Definitely see some flashes from all of them.

Also like Myles Turner but hes a notch above those other 4.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-07-2017, 08:50 AM
Lakers Kuzma? Ingram gets most of the Lakers hype besides Ball. But Kuzma been decent other then his 3 ball been bad.

Lakers + Giants
11-07-2017, 10:09 AM
Lakers Kuzma? Ingram gets most of the Lakers hype besides Ball. But Kuzma been decent other then his 3 ball been bad.

He's a rookie tho

tp13baby
11-07-2017, 10:59 AM
I like keeping an eye on 4 of the young bigs out west - Skal/WCS in Sac, and Chriss/Bender in Phoenix. Definitely see some flashes from all of them.

Also like Myles Turner but hes a notch above those other 4.

Myles Turner is way above them and he is barely below the KP/Towns/Embiid/Jokic class but have no problem including him.

Aaron Gordon for me.

IndyRealist
11-07-2017, 11:09 AM
Myles Turner is way above them and he is barely below the KP/Towns/Embiid/Jokic class but have no problem including him.

Aaron Gordon for me.

Too early to tell this year, but last year Towns and Jokic were light years ahead of the pack.

The next tier is probably Embiid/KP/Turner.

Gordon can out of nowhere. Hope he keeps it up, cause he's fun to watch.