PDA

View Full Version : PSD NBA All-Time Player Power Rankings: #14

mrblisterdundee
11-04-2017, 05:38 PM
Jerry West took the 13th spot last round. This round, I added George Mikan, ranked 33rd by ESPN's #NBArank (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/nbarank160201/all-nbarank-31-35). Voting lasts two days.

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Lebron James
4. Wilt Chamberlain
5. Tim Duncan
6. Shaquille O'Neal
7. Magic Johnson
8. Larry Bird
9. Hakeem Olajuwon
10. Bill Russell
11. Kobe Bryant
12. Moses Malone
13. Jerry West

FlashBolt
11-04-2017, 06:54 PM
What's the argument for Erving over KD? I'd take KD over Erving in all-time ranking so I'm not really sure how Erving is above KD unless you value his legacy.

KnicksorBust
11-04-2017, 07:23 PM
What's the argument for Erving over KD? I'd take KD over Erving in all-time ranking so I'm not really sure how Erving is above KD unless you value his legacy.

Whats the argument for KD over Oscar Robertson?

FlashBolt
11-04-2017, 09:57 PM

Competition alone is enough of an argument.

Chronz
11-05-2017, 01:49 AM
Legit leaning wade

Maybe Dirk or Chuck

WaDe03
11-05-2017, 01:14 PM
Wade, he's better than West.

leprechaun5
11-05-2017, 02:00 PM
KG, D-Rob, Dirk!

KnicksorBust
11-05-2017, 03:25 PM

Competition alone is enough of an argument.

Did Durant face tougher competition than Russell?

Bostonjorge
11-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Kg

KnicksorBust
11-05-2017, 04:24 PM
Legit leaning wade

Maybe Dirk or Chuck

No respect for Oscar or Elgin? Imo those guys, Mikan and Cousy all need to be top 25.

Chronz
11-05-2017, 04:47 PM
No respect for Oscar or Elgin? Imo those guys, Mikan and Cousy all need to be top 25.

Definite no on Cousy, Elgin is in the 30s for me, big o gets in here soon but I'm not seeing much of an argument over the defensive bigs that also won titles in secondary fashion while boasting crazy rs numbers themselves.

KnicksorBust
11-05-2017, 05:27 PM

Definite no on Cousy, Elgin is in the 30s for me, big o gets in here soon but I'm not seeing much of an argument over the defensive bigs that also won titles in secondary fashion while boasting crazy rs numbers themselves.

Why def no? Who has more all-nba 1st teams than cousy? Plus his assist numbers were insane for that era. If we like Russ doesn't Cousy deserve same treatment?

YAALREADYKNO
11-06-2017, 01:14 PM
Dirk

mrblisterdundee
11-06-2017, 02:14 PM

Are you seriously harking on Erving's placement above Durant in the voting pool (:facepalm:)? The options go in order of their ranking by ESPN, which is looking at their legacy. Just because Durant might be a more talented player than Erving was doesn't mean he's passed him all-time yet. They've both one a single NBA championship, Durant on an insanely stacked team that had a good chance of winning another one without him.

KnicksorBust
11-06-2017, 03:13 PM
Wade/KG/D-Rob all with 3 votes. I believe my vote just now for Oscar will give him 4 and the win.

The debate for the next spot should be good. Not saying it's wrong, not saying it's right but I've never seen people this high on Wade before.

mngopher35
11-06-2017, 05:16 PM
Wade/KG/D-Rob all with 3 votes. I believe my vote just now for Oscar will give him 4 and the win.

The debate for the next spot should be good. Not saying it's wrong, not saying it's right but I've never seen people this high on Wade before.

I feel like KG/Drob are very similar career wise, I generally have them right next to each other. Either order works for me tbh.

Seems a bit high for Wade to me as well.

Oscar seems like the right choice here, he had 1 vote when I made mine and I kinda wish I had waited.

mngopher35
11-06-2017, 05:18 PM
Looks like Drob and Oscar both have 5 votes with it closing in a few hours (KG with 4 if you include the post above and Wade at 3)...

Anyone else wanna vote and help settle this one?

KnicksorBust
11-06-2017, 06:07 PM
Looks like Drob and Oscar both have 5 votes with it closing in a few hours (KG with 4 if you include the post above and Wade at 3)...

Anyone else wanna vote and help settle this one?

I am selfishly hoping Oscar goes so we can go all out debating Drob / kg / wade. Players we have all seen.

WaDe03
11-06-2017, 06:29 PM

Maybe some are starting to appreciate him more as he gets older. He's a guy who in his prime, played neck and neck with LeBron and Kobe. Those 3 we're at the top of the league for a few years and there really wasn't anyone else. LeBron is top 3 in almost every ranking now, Kobes usually top 10 and ranging from 2-10 depending on who you ask (2-6 is too high imo though, that's just the homers). He was elite on both ends, his a very strong peak, and 3 rings with the 2nd best Finals performance in NBA history behind LeBrons 2016 performance. Outplayed Dirk in both finals series they played as well.