PDA

View Full Version : OKC's strategy to allow westbrook grab rebounds to stat pad triple doubles cost them

blahblahyoutoo
11-04-2017, 01:32 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/how-okc-thunder-strategy-may-have-led-to-costly-kyrie-irving-5-point-play-for-celtics/

Federal Reserve
11-04-2017, 01:45 PM
This has been obvious to anyone watching the Thunder games last season. Having Westbrook win the MVP award over Harden has been one of the most egregious cases of theft I've seen in the NBA. But, then again, the people voting don't watch the games. People are so fascinated with the concept of a "triple double," but fail to see that it is not efficient the way Westbrook does it. He over commits on offense to get the offensive rebounds (gives the opponent easier fast break opportunities) and steals rebounds from his teammates (recall seeing him take out Oladipo last season to get the rebound). Funny how Oladipo is suddenly playing like an undeniable all-star now that he is not playing with Westbrook. Also, Sabonis has had a chance to establish himself as a reliable player. The way the Thunder are currently constructed, they will be FORTUNATE to get past the first round in the playoffs.

GREATNESS ONE
11-04-2017, 01:53 PM
Lol Indy could have had Randle and Clarkson! Damn.

A small part of me wants the Thunder to be implode so we got a shot at PG next year. Another pet of me wants them to figure it out to give GSW some sort of competition this year!

Raps18-19 Champ
11-04-2017, 06:49 PM
Lol Indy could have had Randle and Clarkson! Damn.

A small part of me wants the Thunder to be implode so we got a shot at PG next year. Another pet of me wants them to figure it out to give GSW some sort of competition this year!

Let's just go after Lebron instead.

Jeffy25
11-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Didn't he have like 3 times more uncontested rebounds over anyone else in the league last year?

Like 4 or 5 per game, when most guys get like 1-1.5?

nastynice
11-04-2017, 08:15 PM
Didn't he have like 3 times more uncontested rebounds over anyone else in the league last year?

Like 4 or 5 per game, when most guys get like 1-1.5?

wow, I never realized how elite he is at boxing out

mrblisterdundee
11-04-2017, 11:04 PM
I'd definitely like to see Adams, Anthony and George assert themselves more on the glass — especially the defensive glass, where Westbrook gets 10 to 12 percent more of the available balls than any of them. Adams especially should be gobbling up rebounds with his size. There's no logical reason for Wesbrook to lead a team with a giant center and two great forwards in rebounding.

Jeffy25
11-04-2017, 11:43 PM
Look how much Kanter's rebounds jumped when he went to New York.
Sabonis too

KnicksorBust
11-05-2017, 04:33 PM
I think thats the first time teams have manipulated stats to help an individual. None of it matters till the playoffs. #contender

nastynice
11-05-2017, 05:33 PM
You really think they do it just to help his stats? I doubt it man, they must want him to push it or something. Sure, last year maybe here or there that was on okc’s mind, and maybe they gave him a freebie or two, but I find it hard to believe a team would alter their entire defensive rebounding scheme just to help someone’s stats. Especially with their talent now, they’re probably just worried about gelling

ewing
11-06-2017, 10:03 AM
This seems like a false narrative to me. watching OKC the last couple years they seemed like a scrappy bunch. The type of team that creates lose balls, get to 50/50 balls, gets some offensive rebounds.