PDA

View Full Version : Is Dwight Howard back?

JasonJohnHorn
11-04-2017, 09:56 AM
He's not getting full starting minutes (36+), but he is averaging his third highest rebounding total per game, and the highest per36 rebounding numbers of his career. Fouls and turnovers are a little high.

Funny thing was, his rebounding numbers (per36) last year were the best he'd posted in his career and few people seemed to notice.

Not a fan of the guy to be honest, but I'd to see all player playing at their potential.

Thoughts?

R. Johnson#3
11-04-2017, 10:35 AM
Maybe he accepted the fact that the majority of the Hornets scoring comes from beyond the arc and from their guards? D12 is a rebounding machine and if he focusses his energy on that then he will maximize his value. Yeah, he can still face up and drive in the post from time to time but he's best suited for pushing people around and causing a raucous down low. If he can keep his ego in check then the Hornets will be a top 5 team in the East.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-04-2017, 12:57 PM
He's been playing the same for a few years now. He's not all star level anymore but he's been super efficient and does what he's supposed to do.

Federal Reserve
11-04-2017, 01:28 PM
Dwight's game took a hit playing with Millsap. The same thing is happening to Jokic. The NBA is all about athletic big men. You can't play well being partnered with a cinder block.

smith&wesson
11-04-2017, 04:22 PM
He fits very well with the Hornets. If Batum was healthy they would be a force in the east

nastynice
11-04-2017, 04:56 PM
He's not getting full starting minutes (36+), but he is averaging his third highest rebounding total per game, and the highest per36 rebounding numbers of his career. Fouls and turnovers are a little high.

Funny thing was, his rebounding numbers (per36) last year were the best he'd posted in his career and few people seemed to notice.

Not a fan of the guy to be honest, but I'd to see all player playing at their potential.

Thoughts?

he stays fouling fools he shouldn't be fouling

I seen him play last year I think, he's still a presence. Even not at 100%, his size and athletic ability at 70% is still like a great to elite rim protector cuz he's naturally such a monster. The other team will always feel him in the paint

FlashBolt
11-04-2017, 05:26 PM
Lots of empty rebounds, though. I think too much credit is being given to those who just rebound high numbers when plenty of factors are involved such as who his teammates are. Marvin Williams is an undersized player and Frank isn't a great rebounder at all so because of that, Dwight is getting more rebounding opportunities. His TREB% was actually the highest ever last season. I think the best thing about Dwight is he's finally accepting that he will never be a center who can score 20+ points a game but he's simply a rebounder/defender who will get a few buckets here or there by dunks or lobs. Prime Dwight would have been the best center so no, this is not "Dwight is back" but just Dwight who is out of the spotlight and is doing what he should be doing.

mrblisterdundee
11-04-2017, 05:32 PM
He's been playing the same for a few years now. He's not all star level anymore but he's been super efficient and does what he's supposed to do.

This. Howard's a shell of his former self, but even that shell can be a decent rim protector.

JordansBulls
11-04-2017, 09:50 PM
Can he get back to being the best player in the league again?

IndyRealist
11-06-2017, 10:33 AM
I noticed last year. Dwight never left, people just stopped noticing bc he was a) on a mediocre team and b) he wasn't being a clown.

You can see now what Atlanta is without him.