PDA

View Full Version : Markelle Fultz, how we feeling Philly fans?

LOb0
10-26-2017, 09:21 PM
Seeing highlights from Tatum and Ball, and nothing but a free throw form worse then Shaq's so far and an injury, are you in regret mode? Nervous at least? As a Cetlics fan I kinda feel we dodged a bullet.

WaDe03
10-26-2017, 09:28 PM
His goal is MVP though.

LOb0
10-26-2017, 09:29 PM
His offensive scoring game is even worse then Ballís. Except Fultz does absolutely nothing else for you. Heís really only a scoring guard. When he donít score he basically does not else either. Except air ball put back free throws.

Let's hope he's not the dreaded "Combo Guard". That's slang for not very good at either slot.

Bostonjorge
10-26-2017, 09:30 PM
His offensive scoring game is even worse then Ballís. Except Fultz does absolutely nothing else for you. Heís really only a scoring guard. When he donít score he basically is a negative for the team and offers nothing. Except air balling a put back free throw.

warfelg
10-26-2017, 09:43 PM
He played 3 games with an injured shoulder. No.

Aust
10-26-2017, 10:24 PM
Way way wayyyyyyyyy too early.

Green_Monster
10-26-2017, 10:48 PM
Feeling like Ainge was right yet again. Tatum has looked nice.

tredigs
10-26-2017, 11:01 PM
What a troll. Let's at least see a few months of games from him/them without injury first.

LOb0
10-26-2017, 11:13 PM
What a troll. Let's at least see a few months of games from him/them without injury first.

I'm asking how they're feeling. If they're still confident fine. I'd personally be worried.

tredigs
10-26-2017, 11:27 PM
I'm asking how they're feeling. If they're still confident fine. I'd personally be worried.

Tatum was expected to be better out of the gate and have the higher floor. 15 and 7 as a starter is to be expected/average. Ball has been a little underwhelming frankly. I'm high on him (and do like both over Fultz regardless), but he has a lot to prove. Simmons is the only rookie really out-classing people in the early going. And Fultz has a minor injury so we have 0 read on him.

There is literally nothing to take away from this first week that should concern any Sixer fan.

LOb0
10-26-2017, 11:35 PM
Tatum was expected to be better out of the gate and have the higher floor. 15 and 7 as a starter is to be expected/average. Ball has been a little underwhelming frankly. I'm high on him (and do like both over Fultz regardless), but he has a lot to prove. Simmons is the only rookie really out-classing people in the early going. And Fultz has a minor injury so we have 0 read on him.

There is literally nothing to take away from this first week that should concern any Sixer fan.

The free throw thing really gave me some red flags. I mean WTF.

PhillySportFan
10-26-2017, 11:43 PM
This is a joke, the guy can't even shoot, his agent says he can't lift his arms above his head. What's he gonna do in a league of giants? Give it some time.

tredigs
10-26-2017, 11:46 PM
The free throw thing really gave me some red flags. I mean WTF.

If he WASN'T hurt it would be major red flags and reason for this thread. Assuming he is in fact hurt (but not seriously), we obviously can't judge his potential impact yet. And in reality you don't get a clear idea of a players true impact potential in the 1 and done era until year 2 (after a year to adjust and another full training camp with experience under your belt on what you need to work on).

LOb0
10-26-2017, 11:51 PM
If he WASN'T hurt it would be major red flags and reason for this thread. Assuming he is in fact hurt (but not seriously), we obviously can't judge his potential impact yet. And in reality you don't get a clear idea of a players true impact potential in the 1 and done era until year 2 (after a year to adjust and another full training camp with experience under your belt on what you need to work on).

If the draft was redone, who would you take as your top 3 right now?

tredigs
10-27-2017, 12:06 AM

It wasn't a draft that ever had a clear #1-5 to me quite frankly (or even lower. I didn't see much difference in potential between DSJ and the top crop), and we really don't know any more now than we did then. Fox could easily end up being the best player in the draft.

KingstonHawke
10-27-2017, 03:02 AM
Only thing I didn't like about the move is that they traded a really good pick to get him. I'm always more into trading down and grabbing value, especially in a deep draft. They could've swung a deal for Porzingis with that 3rd overall, or traded back and grabbed two young quality players. They had so much to package (picks, Okafor, Saric) they could've gone after Wiggins and Lavine both.

L8kers4life
10-27-2017, 03:40 AM
Too early to tell, I would be a little concerned, but he is hurt and we need to see him healthy.

This is will go down as maybe the deepest Drafts ever, I predict 15 all stars in the future from this rookie class

Alayla
10-27-2017, 03:49 AM
Seeing highlights from Tatum and Ball, and nothing but a free throw form worse then Shaq's so far and an injury, are you in regret mode? Nervous at least? As a Cetlics fan I kinda feel we dodged a bullet.

He's hurt i'm not bothered in the slightest.

Alayla
10-27-2017, 03:52 AM

Still taking Fultz 1 without question "I've been high on him well before i thought it was at all realistic for philly to end up with him."

Vinylman
10-27-2017, 07:57 AM
The NBA forum should be renamed the

JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS FORUM

ewing
10-27-2017, 08:34 AM

Simmons usage is astronomical. He ability to finish has surprised/impressed me still overall i think Tatum is the better player right now and has played the best in the early going.

TheDish87
10-27-2017, 08:35 AM

christ dude, Fultz is 75 injury riddled minutes into his career. troll harder.

ewing
10-27-2017, 08:36 AM
The NBA forum should be renamed the

JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS FORUM

you should make a matt

TheDish87
10-27-2017, 08:38 AM
Only thing I didn't like about the move is that they traded a really good pick to get him. I'm always more into trading down and grabbing value, especially in a deep draft. They could've swung a deal for Porzingis with that 3rd overall, or traded back and grabbed two young quality players. They had so much to package (picks, Okafor, Saric) they could've gone after Wiggins and Lavine both.

we have solid protections on the pick we traded and still own the Kings unprotected pick next in 2019 (i believe). and literally no interest in Wiggins or Lavine for so many good reasons, rather have Fultz.

TheDish87
10-27-2017, 09:21 AM
Simmons usage is astronomical. He ability to finish has surprised/impressed me still overall i think Tatum is the better player right now and has played the best in the early going.

i love Tatum (still prefer Fultz for the Sixers) but in no way has he played better than Simmons so far

ewing
10-27-2017, 09:44 AM
i love Tatum (still prefer Fultz for the Sixers) but in no way has he played better than Simmons so far

Its very hard to be successful in this league when the guy who has the ball on the perimeter all the time can't shoot. In the two games I have watched Simmons is extremely ball dominate and hasn't hit a shot outside the paint. That said I have been impressed and admit I don't like him

LA4life24/8
10-27-2017, 09:59 AM
So yall hella quick to judge lonzo but we cant judge fultz? Okay hes hurt fine( a 76ers rookie being injured is no surprise) but his first 4 healthy games well judge him by since thats all the sample size we need for zo

WaDe03
10-27-2017, 10:05 AM
We're used to our rookies being injured all the time. Some times even longer than their rookie year.

hugepatsfan
10-27-2017, 10:28 AM

I don't think that's true.

hugepatsfan
10-27-2017, 10:30 AM
My opinion on Fultz hasn't changed from the draft based ons ome injury-riddled games. Tatum has impressed me though to the point where I'm coming around on getting him AND another pick over just Fultz.

TheDish87
10-27-2017, 10:48 AM
Its very hard to be successful in this league when the guy who has the ball on the perimeter all the time can't shoot. In the two games I have watched Simmons is extremely ball dominate and hasn't hit a shot outside the paint. That said I have been impressed and admit I don't like him

you seem to be clinging to this cant shoot thing, he does everything else and teams know he wont shoot and hes still going for 47%. Just having capable shooters around him is enough to let him be able to do his thing. Slice it however you want but 16/10/7 is impressive. FT% needs work but he hasnt been there much so not a big enough sample size. Dont get me wrong Tatum is up there but thats where it stops, for now at least.

TheDish87
10-27-2017, 10:49 AM
So yall hella quick to judge lonzo but we cant judge fultz? Okay hes hurt fine( a 76ers rookie being injured is no surprise) but his first 4 healthy games well judge him by since thats all the sample size we need for zo

lol sorry his daddy isnt blabbing to every mic he can get his hands on to create unnecessary hype and drama.

TheDish87
10-27-2017, 10:50 AM
My opinion on Fultz hasn't changed from the draft based ons ome injury-riddled games. Tatum has impressed me though to the point where I'm coming around on getting him AND another pick over just Fultz.

Tatum is a better fit for Boston and Fultz is a better fit here. i think that gets overlooked.

warfelg
10-27-2017, 10:51 AM
Tatum is a better fit for Boston and Fultz is a better fit here. i think that gets overlooked.

Agreed. It was the rare win-win.

ewing
10-27-2017, 11:09 AM
you seem to be clinging to this cant shoot thing, he does everything else and teams know he wont shoot and hes still going for 47%. Just having capable shooters around him is enough to let him be able to do his thing. Slice it however you want but 16/10/7 is impressive. FT% needs work but he hasnt been there much so not a big enough sample size. Dont get me wrong Tatum is up there but thats where it stops, for now at least.

its a team game. when the guy holding the ball on a the perimeter can't bring out his defender it hurts everyone else's game. I agree he has been impressive but dude is going to have to hit some shots from mid range if he going to be this ball dominate. IMO right now Simmons role is too big for him. #s aren't everything

warfelg
10-27-2017, 11:22 AM
its a team game. when the guy holding the ball on a the perimeter can't bring out his defender it hurts everyone else's game. I agree he has been impressive but dude is going to have to hit some shots from mid range if he going to be this ball dominate. IMO right now Simmons role is too big for him. #s aren't everything

I mean...he's the PG. PG's handle the ball. What do you expect?

I feel like you are making up reasons and excuses for hating him.

ewing
10-27-2017, 11:29 AM
I mean...he's the PG. PG's handle the ball. What do you expect?

I feel like you are making up reasons and excuses for hating him.

I expect my PG to hit a shot when left alone. If he can't I expect to lose basketball games b/c of it. Simmons hasn't shown he can hit a shot and is a particularly ball dominate PG. sorry but that is a bad combo. He has shown to has some pretty special skills so he won't need near as much of a J as most ball handlers but he needs one or he needs to get off the ball more.

Vinylman
10-27-2017, 11:34 AM
lol sorry his daddy isnt blabbing to every mic he can get his hands on to create unnecessary hype and drama.

oh the irony...

I don't like Mr. Ball... I think he is a douche... but at least he was there for his kid unlike Fultz's Dad

Markelle said it best though....

http://www.12up.com/posts/5157202-markelle-fultz-shows-strength-in-powerful-father-s-day-tweet

Vinylman
10-27-2017, 11:38 AM
I expect my PG to hit a shot when left alone. If he can't I expect to lose basketball games b/c of it. Simmons hasn't shown he can hit a shot and is a particularly ball dominate PG. sorry but that is a bad combo. He has shown to has some pretty special skills so he won't need near as much of a J as most ball handlers but he needs one or he needs to get off the ball more.

I don't know how well he will end up being but he will have to develop a shot or they will just change the defensive scheme on him... the book on him is just being developed ... the more film the more teams will adapt which won't help his game... I was shocked he had only taken 3 threes so far

He is really talented though in most of the other areas... what I like is the turnover rate... pretty good for a kid

ewing
10-27-2017, 11:41 AM
I don't know how well he will end up being but he will have to develop a shot or they will just change the defensive scheme on him... the book on him is just being developed ... the more film the more teams will adapt which won't help his game... I was shocked he had only taken 3 threes so far

He is really talented though in most of the other areas... what I like is the turnover rate... pretty good for a kid

He does have a better handle then I expected after watching him in college.

europagnpilgrim
10-27-2017, 11:46 AM
His goal is MVP though.

not only that I think he said he wanted(or is going ) to be the best ever, but I guess when you go all out go as high as you can, not mad at his confidence at all but damn even past legends like Zeke or Iverson never said such non sense publicly like that and they were 3x the player coming out of college

I hope the Sixers process works out because based on the past few top level picks they all have been done in with some sort of freakish injury,almost like they are cursed, they need to find out what Iverson was taken because he stayed hurt/knicked up and somehow found a way to play regardless for the most part

TheDish87
10-27-2017, 12:02 PM

i dont know man, watching him play the role sure doesnt seem too big for him. he doesnt look like a rookie out there.

TheDish87
10-27-2017, 12:03 PM

if the other 4 guys on the floor with him are capable shooters does it matter as much if Simmons can hit his or not (for now)?

TheDish87
10-27-2017, 12:04 PM
oh the irony...

I don't like Mr. Ball... I think he is a douche... but at least he was there for his kid unlike Fultz's Dad

Markelle said it best though....

http://www.12up.com/posts/5157202-markelle-fultz-shows-strength-in-powerful-father-s-day-tweet

lol im not even gonna bother bcuz its too irrelevant.

ewing
10-27-2017, 12:08 PM
if the other 4 guys on the floor with him are capable shooters does it matter as much if Simmons can hit his or not (for now)?

Yes, the ball should always be a threat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warfelg
10-27-2017, 12:40 PM

Book it. Write up his career. He should retire. ewing has spoke and Simmons is done.

He's not taking long jumpers, but he's now shooting is from 10 feet - 13 feet as teams start packing the lane as he drives. This is what I want him to do to develop. Start hitting these and make defenders play you a little different. Make them step out a little. Then when they start defending that, push it to 13-16 feet. Then out to 3. It's the exact same way LeBron developed. I'm fine with that.

TheDish87
10-27-2017, 12:43 PM
Yes, the ball should always be a threat

it is though. until he struggles to get to the rim its a non issue plus its 4 games into his career.

ewing
10-27-2017, 12:44 PM
Book it. Write up his career. He should retire. ewing has spoke and Simmons is done.

He's not taking long jumpers, but he's now shooting is from 10 feet - 13 feet as teams start packing the lane as he drives. This is what I want him to do to develop. Start hitting these and make defenders play you a little different. Make them step out a little. Then when they start defending that, push it to 13-16 feet. Then out to 3. It's the exact same way LeBron developed. I'm fine with that.

You guys are so ****ing dramatic. I never said he should retire. I said right now his role is too big for him. You wonít be successful in this league if your PGs range extends out to 13 feet. You guys are the ones acting like he is a total stud right now bc of 17 and 10.

ewing
10-27-2017, 01:00 PM
it is though. until he struggles to get to the rim its a non issue plus its 4 games into his career.

Im going to disagree. Right now dude has a flaw in his game that hurts his team. Tatum doesnít. I think Simmons has a higher ceiling and Is capable impacting a game more but I donít think he is better player right now.

warfelg
10-27-2017, 01:11 PM
You guys are so ****ing dramatic. I never said he should retire. I said right now his role is too big for him. You wonít be successful in this league if your PGs range extends out to 13 feet. You guys are the ones acting like he is a total stud right now bc of 17 and 10.

Why is his role too big for him? Because he can't shoot?

No he's playing perfectly fine in his role. He's averaging a double double, has a pretty darn good ast:TO ratio for a rookie, and has been the main powering factor of the offense.

ewing
10-27-2017, 01:18 PM
Why is his role too big for him? Because he can't shoot?

No he's playing perfectly fine in his role. He's averaging a double double, has a pretty darn good ast:TO ratio for a rookie, and has been the main powering factor of the offense.

do you even read what you quote. I don't think the Sixers can be a successful team with a ball dominate PG whose range extends out to 13 feet. Yes right now his role is too big for him b/c he can't shoot. btw I think the sixers have some very good offensive weapons (inside and out) and there offensive hasn't been very good.

TheDish87
10-27-2017, 01:23 PM
Im going to disagree. Right now dude has a flaw in his game that hurts his team. Tatum doesnít. I think Simmons has a higher ceiling and Is capable impacting a game more but I donít think he is better player right now.

Simmons 'flaw' hasnt hurt the team. Tatum is in a lesser role too

mrblisterdundee
10-27-2017, 01:23 PM
I'd be more worried about what a crappy job the Colangelos have done. Whether it's Fultz, Simmons or Embiid, they haven't been very open or honest about the health of their players. Fultz changed his shooting motion because of an injured shoulder, when he shouldn't have even played until he was fully healthy. Hopefully he heals fully and returns to his former shooting motions.

ewing
10-27-2017, 01:28 PM
I'd be more worried about what a crappy job the Colangelos have done. Whether it's Fultz, Simmons or Embiid, they haven't been very open or honest about the health of their players. Fultz changed his shooting motion because of an injured shoulder, when he shouldn't have even played until he was fully healthy. Hopefully he heals fully and returns to his former shooting motions.

Yeah that's just a weird situation

zn23
10-27-2017, 01:29 PM
Seems like a luxury item for this team. It's obviously the Simmons-Embiid show, and will be for many years. I don't think they even need him.

mrblisterdundee
10-27-2017, 01:45 PM
do you even read what you quote. I don't think the Sixers can be a successful team with a ball dominate PG whose range extends out to 13 feet. Yes right now his role is too big for him b/c he can't shoot.

I guess the Bucks should have reduced Giannis' role too, because he was one of the worst shooters in the NBA. Why did they ever make such a huge mistake by keeping him out there and surrounding him with shooters? Won't they ever learn that you can't be successful with an jumbo-sized ball handler who can do everything and play every position?

warfelg
10-27-2017, 01:59 PM
I guess the Bucks should have reduced Giannis' role too, because he was one of the worst shooters in the NBA. Why did they ever make such a huge mistake by keeping him out there and surrounding him with shooters? Won't they ever learn that you can't be successful with an jumbo-sized ball handler who can do everything and play every position?

Ditto to LeBron's early career too.

ewing
10-27-2017, 02:03 PM

Didn't realize the Buck made him a FT PG the day he entered the league

warfelg
10-27-2017, 02:03 PM

Unfortunately this is what the NBA wanted.

Bryan Colangelo has lied a bunch of times now about player health, has forced Brown to talk about it, and now all they do is hand out a sheet of paper with injury updates.

But somehow this is better than Hinkie saying "Player X is out with Injury Y and with the NBA rules we doen't have to talk about it until Player X is ready to talk"

I would easily take a GM following the rules of not having to talk about an injured player over a GM that lies about the injury.

TheDish87
10-27-2017, 02:04 PM

in terms of disclosing info they have been as bad as humanly possible but at least Bryan has done a good job as the GM. His communication and transparency are horrific and frustrating though.

TheDish87
10-27-2017, 02:05 PM
Seems like a luxury item for this team. It's obviously the Simmons-Embiid show, and will be for many years. I don't think they even need him.

i half agree. I wouldnt say we dont need him bcuz ideally his skillset is a great fit with those 2.

ewing
10-27-2017, 02:06 PM
Ditto to LeBron's early career too.

LeBron isn't FT PG right now and we aren't talking about what he could be, we are talking about what he is. Do you think the sixers can be a success team if his range never extends past 13 feet? If so we disagree. Do you think someone should win ROY based on what we think they will become? If so, we disagree.

hugepatsfan
10-27-2017, 02:12 PM

Giannis is special. Lebron, Wade, Westbrook are/were other primary ball handlers that didn't shoot particularly well. If Simmons is that special caliber of player then it won't be an issue. But if he doesn't grow into that or develop a reliable outside shot I think there's definitely a chance of some stagnation for how great an offense he can lead.

warfelg
10-27-2017, 02:19 PM
LeBron isn't FT PG right now and we aren't talking about what he could be, we are talking about what he is. Do you think the sixers can be a success team if his range never extends past 13 feet? If so we disagree. Do you think someone should win ROY based on what we think they will become? If so, we disagree.

Read what I wrote: LeBron wasn't a shooter in his early years. But he still got it done.

ewing
10-27-2017, 02:23 PM
Read what I wrote: LeBron wasn't a shooter in his early years. But he still got it done.

You wrote ditto and didn't answer either question I asked???????????

warfelg
10-27-2017, 02:24 PM
Giannis is special. Lebron, Wade, Westbrook are/were other primary ball handlers that didn't shoot particularly well. If Simmons is that special caliber of player then it won't be an issue. But if he doesn't grow into that or develop a reliable outside shot I think there's definitely a chance of some stagnation for how great an offense he can lead.

I think Simmons is that kinda special. He's blowing by big guys that cover him, and has the ability to get physical with smaller guys.

He needs to learn that he can be a little more assertive though. The other night he had Eric Gordon in the final seconds on him and should have easily gotten to the rim but he kicked it out to Jerryd Bayless instead.

WaDe03
10-27-2017, 02:25 PM
Players compared to Dwyane Wade are cursed from the start. They never come close to living up to the hype.

thegerman
10-27-2017, 02:59 PM
i am not sure if he fits, cause coach brown wants simmons to play the point

Jamiecballer
10-27-2017, 03:14 PM
Feeling like Ainge was right yet again. Tatum has looked nice.

yep. my feelings exactly. ainged.

mrblisterdundee
10-27-2017, 03:57 PM
Didn't realize the Buck made him a FT PG the day he entered the league

Because Giannis isn't as good of a passer as Simmons. Yet another reason the 76ers can be successful with him, even if he can't shoot (yet).

I'd argue that the Bucks are still offensively limited by their ball-handlers, including Giannis.

tp13baby
10-27-2017, 04:07 PM
Dude canít lift his arm and Boston fans are bagging on him. He has more high end potential than Tatum no ****ing doubt.

ewing
10-27-2017, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=mrblisterdundee;31942087]Because Giannis isn't as good of a passer as Simmons. Yet another reason the 76ers can be successful with him, even if he can't shoot (yet).

Your comparison wasn't a good one. I do think your opinion is fair but I disagree. I don't think they sixers will thrive without him hitting some shots

warfelg
10-27-2017, 04:48 PM
I mean...he's been good and out of our first 5 games, 4 of them were top 4 in their conference, and in the starting lineup only 1 saw a MAJOR overhaul and the other 3 (for the most part) are quite similar to last year.

I saw this on twitter earlier and I'll just leave it here:
First 5 Games:

Ben Simmons (Age 21*)
16.4 PPG
10 RPG
7.4 APG
47%

LeBron James (18*)
16.8 PPG
7.6 RPG
6.6 APG
44%

WaDe03
10-27-2017, 05:09 PM
I mean...he's been good and out of our first 5 games, 4 of them were top 4 in their conference, and in the starting lineup only 1 saw a MAJOR overhaul and the other 3 (for the most part) are quite similar to last year.

First 5 Games:

Ben Simmons (Age 21*)
16.4 PPG
10 RPG
7.4 APG
47%

LeBron James (18*)
16.8 PPG
7.6 RPG
6.6 APG
44%

What were LeBrons first 5 games when he was 21?

PhillySportFan
10-27-2017, 05:11 PM
i am not sure if he fits, cause coach brown wants simmons to play the point

I agree to a degree but just because Simmons handles most possessions doesn't mean Fultz can't have some and when he can actually shoot playing off the ball is actually possible. We haven't seen him actually being able to shoot with Simmons yet.

tredigs
10-27-2017, 05:15 PM

First 5 Games:

Ben Simmons (Age 21*)
16.4 PPG
10 RPG
7.4 APG
47%

LeBron James (18*)
16.8 PPG
7.6 RPG
6.6 APG
44%
Right, but by the time LBJ was Simmons' age he was averaging 31/7/7 as an All-NBA 1st Teamer who nearly won MVP... and could/did hit 3's. The 47% FG is omitting the fact that he does not shoot 3's and is terrible from the line. Plenty of time to grow and he will I'm sure, but his shooting efficiency as is, is horrible.

mrblisterdundee
10-27-2017, 06:17 PM
Your comparison wasn't a good one. I do think your opinion is fair but I disagree. I don't think they sixers will thrive without him hitting some shots

How is it not good? They're both similar-styled and sized players with challenges on shooting. Simmons already came in with a slightly better reputation as a shooter than Giannis, who couldn't even knock down shots at the same rate as a bit player in the Greek 2A League that Simmons did as a star in NCAA Division 1.
I'm not arguing that Simmons will be as good as Giannis, even though Simmons has so far shown more at his respective level of experience. But the fact remains that Giannis has been plenty successful while being a crappy shooter. So maybe lay off of Simmons for a while, until you actually get some evidence to back up your argument.

warfelg
10-27-2017, 06:26 PM
Right, but by the time LBJ was Simmons' age he was averaging 31/7/7 as an All-NBA 1st Teamer who nearly won MVP... and could/did hit 3's. The 47% FG is omitting the fact that he does not shoot 3's and is terrible from the line. Plenty of time to grow and he will I'm sure, but his shooting efficiency as is, is horrible.

And by that time LBJ was in his 3rd season of playing.

b-ballistic
10-27-2017, 08:39 PM
I remember taking a lashing on this forum for saying Philly was stupid for considering Fultz at No 1. :p

BKLYNpigeon
10-27-2017, 09:01 PM
He's going to be fine, give the kid a few weeks. Overreacting over 4 games.

b-ballistic
10-27-2017, 09:39 PM
He's going to be fine, give the kid a few weeks. Overreacting over 4 games.

I agree he'll be fine. The point is, they passed on quite a few players who will be much better than him.

tredigs
10-27-2017, 09:45 PM
And by that time LBJ was in his 3rd season of playing.

Correct. And as a rookie the 18 year old James was coming out of high school and had no idea what the NBA was about. It's not a reasonable comparison at all.

A more apt comparison is probably Blake Griffin as they both were highly touted 1 and done guys who spent their first season in the NBA watching from the bench. As a rookie Blake averaged 23/12/4 on 51% from the field.

Lil Rhody
10-27-2017, 10:03 PM
Yo ainge is an idiot can't believe that not only did he trade back but then he took Tatum. Celtics and DA suck *** forever...............

Got a stud and a future first thank you very much

ewing
10-27-2017, 10:28 PM
How is it not good? They're both similar-styled and sized players with challenges on shooting. Simmons already came in with a slightly better reputation as a shooter than Giannis, who couldn't even knock down shots at the same rate as a bit player in the Greek 2A League that Simmons did as a star in NCAA Division 1.
I'm not arguing that Simmons will be as good as Giannis, even though Simmons has so far shown more at his respective level of experience. But the fact remains that Giannis has been plenty successful while being a crappy shooter. So maybe lay off of Simmons for a while, until you actually get some evidence to back up your argument.

i not attacking the guy and I'm not saying he wont be a star player. All I'm saying is right now he is being ask to play PG FT and can't shoot outside the paint. While he is putting up good numbers there is no way this doesn't hurt his team offensively. Yes he's putting up impressive numbers and he wouldn't be if he didn't have a special skill set but I don't think his impact can match those numbers. Right now I think Tatem is a better player b/c he doesn't have a flaw that is important to his role.

ewing
10-28-2017, 04:42 PM
It is good to have a ball dominate pg with no J when you have a 7 foot monster that can post and play screen roll though. Process

warfelg
10-28-2017, 04:46 PM
It's fine to have a ball dominate PG with not J when that ball dominate guy is 6'11" 250 with amazing speed, burst, and agility.

ewing
10-28-2017, 06:31 PM
It's fine to have a ball dominate PG with not J when that ball dominate guy is 6'11" 250 with amazing speed, burst, and agility.

Sure if you want him stuck on the perimeter bc your PGs man never comes out of the paint

warfelg
10-28-2017, 06:38 PM
I've yet to see him stopped :shrug:

jaydubb
10-28-2017, 07:23 PM
Sure if you want him stuck on the perimeter bc your PGs man never comes out of the paint

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHow do you not understand this man? Obviously in today's NBA outside shooting always helps, but Simmons doesn't necessarily need outside shooting for his game to succeed because he's around 10 inches taller than typical point guards and he's like 40-50 pounds heavier too.. Also, very fast with the ball.. I don't think he will have any issues, he can easily see over the defense for lanes that most point guards can't get to. He will be fine without a jumpshot and damn scary with a jumpshot.

Also, I think he should add some low post moves to his game so he can post up down low on the smaller defender and either take it to the basket or if the defense commits over he can find the open man.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
10-28-2017, 07:24 PM

but good buddy you said after his first 18/10 game it would be the best of the entire season and he has had great games every game : )

warfelg
10-28-2017, 07:26 PM
How do you not understand this man? Obviously in today's NBA outside shooting always helps, but Simmons doesn't necessarily need outside shooting for his game to succeed because he's around 10 inches taller than typical point guards and he's like 40-50 pounds heavier too.. Also, very fast with the ball.. I don't think he will have any issues, he can easily see over the defense for lanes that most point guards can't get to. He will be fine without a jumpshot and damn scary with a jumpshot.

Also, I think he should add some low post moves to his game so he can post up down low on the smaller defender and either take it to the basket or if the defense commits over he can find the open man.

He has one and he's been posting guys up we just struggle getting the ball into him. That's where a healthy Fultz will help.

More-Than-Most
10-28-2017, 07:58 PM
Honestly fultz should be more of a future piece that gets you a star... he could be amazing no doubt and fits perfectly when healthy but this team when we will contend as soon as next year will be because of a healthy embiid... Simmons 2nd... everything else is just gravy.

Its a nice problem to have.

ewing
10-28-2017, 11:05 PM
How do you not understand this man? Obviously in today's NBA outside shooting always helps, but Simmons doesn't necessarily need outside shooting for his game to succeed because he's around 10 inches taller than typical point guards and he's like 40-50 pounds heavier too.. Also, very fast with the ball.. I don't think he will have any issues, he can easily see over the defense for lanes that most point guards can't get to. He will be fine without a jumpshot and damn scary with a jumpshot.

Did you read the post u responded to. I was talking about Simmons lack of a J hurting Joel in the post

ewing
10-28-2017, 11:06 PM
but good buddy you said after his first 18/10 game it would be the best of the entire season and he has had great games every game : )

You R right . He has impressed me.

martinaw7
10-28-2017, 11:57 PM
Agreed. It was the rare win-win.

I don't agree with this. I'm still high on Fultz, but I'm not high on Philly. Frankly I can't understand why they traded up for Fultz. All you people calling Fultz a combo guard are dumb, the guy is a pg, and he's a good one, he averaged almost 7 assists in college and he can really pass the ball.

The problem is Philly isn't letting Fultz play his natural position, they are trying to use him as a scoring guard off the bench, meanwhile it's the Ben Simmons show. I get that Simmons is better right now than Fultz, but if your plan was to have Simmons with the ball in his hands all the time, then wtf are you doing trading up to get Fultz? The guy is a pg, that is very efficient at passing and scoring off the pick and roll. Yet Philly have him running no pick and rolls, and they played him hurt, and now he has the Yips. Crazy.

Am I worried about Fultz's talent? Still no. But I would be worried about the fit, and the 76ers team in general. Simmons is doing what he did in college, putting up great stats and losing games. That's also what Fultz did. The best mentor they have on that team is JJ Redick, without him that team is a mess.

TheDish87
10-29-2017, 09:00 AM
I agree he'll be fine. The point is, they passed on quite a few players who will be much better than him.

no we didnt.

TheDish87
10-29-2017, 09:03 AM
I don't agree with this. I'm still high on Fultz, but I'm not high on Philly. Frankly I can't understand why they traded up for Fultz. All you people calling Fultz a combo guard are dumb, the guy is a pg, and he's a good one, he averaged almost 7 assists in college and he can really pass the ball.

The problem is Philly isn't letting Fultz play his natural position, they are trying to use him as a scoring guard off the bench, meanwhile it's the Ben Simmons show. I get that Simmons is better right now than Fultz, but if your plan was to have Simmons with the ball in his hands all the time, then wtf are you doing trading up to get Fultz? The guy is a pg, that is very efficient at passing and scoring off the pick and roll. Yet Philly have him running no pick and rolls, and they played him hurt, and now he has the Yips. Crazy.

Am I worried about Fultz's talent? Still no. But I would be worried about the fit, and the 76ers team in general. Simmons is doing what he did in college, putting up great stats and losing games. That's also what Fultz did. The best mentor they have on that team is JJ Redick, without him that team is a mess.

fultz got to handle the ball both with simmons and without him on the floor. he will get the ball in the half court a lot and he has the range to play off the ball.

warfelg
10-29-2017, 09:04 AM
they are trying to use him as a scoring guard off the bench

No, we brought him off the bench because his shoulder was hurt and he wasn't shooting. The lack of shooting would hurt the starting lineup.

Hustla23
10-29-2017, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I don't know how good of a fit Fultz/Simmons are. There's no way Simmons can play off the ball and I question how good Fultz is as a 2 guard.

They should have just stayed pat and taken Tatum.

warfelg
10-29-2017, 10:53 AM
Glad to see weíre projecting everything they are on about 8 minutes of playing time with one guy unable to shoot due to injury.

ewing
10-29-2017, 12:27 PM
Honestly fultz should be more of a future piece that gets you a star... he could be amazing no doubt and fits perfectly when healthy but this team when we will contend as soon as next year will be because of a healthy embiid... Simmons 2nd... everything else is just gravy.

Its a nice problem to have.

Contend for what?

ewing
10-29-2017, 01:16 PM
Yeah, I don't know how good of a fit Fultz/Simmons are. There's no way Simmons can play off the ball and I question how good Fultz is as a 2 guard.

They should have just stayed pat and taken Tatum.

I think they should be fine. I would worry about Ben and Joel but sometimes talent trumps fit

TheDish87
10-29-2017, 02:10 PM
lol there hasnt been any issue with Simmons and Embiid as a fit they are both killing it