PDA

View Full Version : Which of these players would you take (on your fav team) in their prime?

lol, please
10-26-2017, 02:24 AM
Which of these players in their prime do you take right now, for your team?

HandsOnTheWheel
10-26-2017, 03:08 AM
Not worth it. Give me Wade though.

thegerman
10-26-2017, 06:21 AM
in their prime? damn, always kobe

WaDe03
10-26-2017, 11:39 AM
Wade, he's the best all around and one of two players listed that can lead his team to a championship without running to a team that went 73-9.

archdevil84
10-26-2017, 12:05 PM
wade obviously

lol, please
10-26-2017, 01:05 PM
Not worth it. Give me Wade though.

I would give two appendages to know what your first post said.

:sigh:

mightybosstone
10-26-2017, 01:15 PM
I picked Durant, not necessarily because I think he's the best of the three, but because the poll specifically asks which guy I'd want on "my team right now." The Rockets could simply use Durant far more than they could use Wade or Kobe.

If the question were different, like actually asking for a peak comparison of the three players, then my answer would probably be different. You could make a really solid case for all three, and Durant's 3-point superiority certainly would give him an edge in today's era of basketball, especially if we're talking regular season. But if I'm making a postseason run, I think I'd rather have Wade or Kobe.

Hawkeye15
10-26-2017, 01:44 PM
right now? Give me the guy who can hit 3's and thrive in non iso ball.

mrblisterdundee
10-26-2017, 02:12 PM
It's not a matter of if ó but rather when ó Durant will be seen as clearly better all-time than Bryant and Wade. He's one of the greatest shooters all-time, while being a surprisingly good rim protector. Wade and Kobe were both great, but you can see how limited they have been in old age with their lack of shooting, shorter height and one-track alpha mindsets. I could easily see Durant dropping daggers over people's heads a decade from now, being an important cog on a contender and accepting his diminished role to help make the team better. Kobe could have gone that way, but he chose to go out gunning.
That said, I'm picking Durant for my Blazers:
PG: Lillard, Napier
SG: McCollum, Turner
SF: Durant, Harkless
PF: Swanigan, Aminu
C: Nurkic, Davis

Hawkeye15
10-26-2017, 02:14 PM
It's not a matter of if ó but rather when ó Durant will be seen as clearly better all-time than Bryant and Wade. He's one of the greatest shooters all-time, while being a surprisingly good rim protector. Wade and Kobe were both great, but you can see how limited they have been in old age with their lack of shooting, shorter height and one-track alpha mindsets. I could easily see Durant dropping daggers over people's heads a decade from now, being an important cog on a contender and accepting his diminished role to help make the team better. Kobe could have gone that way, but he chose to go out gunning.

Yeah but Kobe gets bashed for his first few titles, as 2nd banana. Imagine how Durant will be treated, for literally hopping onto the championship express mid career..

I don't want to argue your point, but Durant will have a lot of people holding his move to GS against him.

WaDe03
10-26-2017, 02:19 PM

He won't be clearly better all time than either. He was never able to put his team on his back and carry them to a championship despite having the talent for majority of his career. That's huge, especially when you're comparing him to 2 guys who did it. He had to team up with a team that went 73-9 to win. I'm sorry, but that doesn't help your legacy.

WaDe03
10-26-2017, 02:20 PM
Yeah but Kobe gets bashed for his first few titles, as 2nd banana. Imagine how Durant will be treated, for literally hopping onto the championship express mid career..

I don't want to argue your point, but Durant will have a lot of people holding his move to GS against him.

Haha my last post came right on time.

WaDe03
10-26-2017, 02:21 PM
I'm taking:

Wade
Kobe
Durant

In that order. Give me the guys I know can lead my team to a championship. Give me the guys I know will put the team on their back and carry them to wins.

LOb0
10-26-2017, 02:43 PM
Wade was the man at his peak. I have more faith in him showing up when it matters than Kobe and especially Durant.

LOb0
10-26-2017, 02:46 PM

Durant will always be known as the guy that wasn't good enough to win it himself and had to ride the coattails of a 73 win team. He'll never surpass Kobe.

jaydubb
10-26-2017, 03:20 PM
Colby bb gun Bryan

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

WaDe03
10-26-2017, 04:35 PM
Honestly pretty surpsied KD is winning. I understand he's fresh in everyone's minds but all you have to do is look at Wades and Kobes fingers to see they're the better choices.

R. Johnson#3
10-26-2017, 04:58 PM
I'm taking:

Wade
Kobe
Durant

In that order. Give me the guys I know can lead my team to a championship. Give me the guys I know will put the team on their back and carry them to wins.

So then your order should be:

Kobe
Wade
Durant

lol, please
10-26-2017, 05:13 PM
Wade was the man at his peak. I have more faith in him showing up when it matters than Kobe and especially Durant.

What was Durant listening to in your sig? :laugh2:

WaDe03
10-26-2017, 05:37 PM
So then your order should be:

Kobe
Wade
Durant

I've never seen Kobe take over a series the way Wade did in the 2006 finals. That's why I have Wade first, Kobe 2nd. We definitely agree on Durant last though.

Aust
10-26-2017, 10:25 PM
KD or Kobe. It's tough. Leaning toward Durant.

FlashBolt
10-27-2017, 08:52 PM
This question honestly sucks and should be: Who would you take to build around?

You're going to get many weird answers just based off fit purposes.

With that being said, if I had to build around a player, give me prime Kobe. We had prime KD. Where did it get us? He choked.. year after year, choke choke choke. Loses to the Warriors and wins a ring on a historically stacked team and I'm supposed to believe he's a better player than prime Kobe? I get KD's efficiency but some things you can't teach.. KD is not a winner. I can't look at his ring and see a winner when you could replace KD with Melo and probably win anyways. If KD ever makes it to anyone's top ten ever, it's a disgrace. How do you reward a player for leaving teams that were capable of winning championships to join a team that already won one without you? Think about this for a second... even right now, if you sit KD for the entire regular season and up to the Finals, Warriors will most likely still have the best regular season record and reach the Finals.

ewing
10-27-2017, 10:34 PM
right now? Give me the guy who can hit 3's and thrive in non iso ball.

So Kobe or Durrant?

Eg714
10-28-2017, 04:05 AM
Prime Kobe takes this years lakers to WCF maybe even the finals. KB in his prime with this sqaud would be something to watch.

FlashBolt
10-28-2017, 03:03 PM
Prime Kobe takes this years lakers to WCF maybe even the finals. KB in his prime with this sqaud would be something to watch.

This is a joke, right? The good thing about this Lakers team is they play super fast and everyone has an opportunity to make plays. Kobe would pound the ball so much that Lavar would strangle someone.. No chance Kobe leads them to the WCF or Finals. If he could barely do it with Pau Gasol on a much better veteran team, what makes you think he could do it against a stacked WC?

thegerman
10-28-2017, 03:24 PM
Kobe
KD
Wade

Vee-Rex
10-28-2017, 03:42 PM
I'm taking:

Wade
Kobe
Durant

Well said.

Eg714
10-28-2017, 05:43 PM
This is a joke, right? The good thing about this Lakers team is they play super fast and everyone has an opportunity to make plays. Kobe would pound the ball so much that Lavar would strangle someone.. No chance Kobe leads them to the WCF or Finals. If he could barely do it with Pau Gasol on a much better veteran team, what makes you think he could do it against a stacked WC?

Look how far he took the 06 lakers. Almost took out the Nash led suns team without any help. This lakers team is a lot better than that team was minus Kobe. This years lakers are undefeated with kobes scoring.

Jeffy25
10-28-2017, 09:24 PM
Durant is an easy and obvious choice.

Durant, since the age of 21 - 28.4/7.7/4.1/1.2/1.1 - .497/.384/.884 - 27.1 PER, 110.2 WS (550 games), .623 TS%
Wade age 24-32 - 25.2/5.1/6.0/1.8/1.0 - .496/.288/.767 - 26.4 PER, 89.8 WS (581 games), .572 TS%
Kobe age 20-34 - 27.4/5.7/5.1/1.6/.5 - .455/.334/.840 - 23.9 PER, 165.2 WS (1089 games), .556 TS%

There isn't any comp, Durant is easily significantly better than both. He is a much better shooter, rebounder, and offers more length. We could debate their defense, but offensively, Durant is way better than both.

Jeffy25
10-28-2017, 09:26 PM
He won't be clearly better all time than either. He was never able to put his team on his back and carry them to a championship despite having the talent for majority of his career. That's huge, especially when you're comparing him to 2 guys who did it. He had to team up with a team that went 73-9 to win. I'm sorry, but that doesn't help your legacy.

And the game is different today than it was 10 years ago. Today, the only way anyone is winning a chip is if they join others. Name the last time a player carried his team to a chip. Dirk?

IKnowHoops
10-29-2017, 09:58 AM
I get the Durant hate, but I donít look at wins/losses/championships. I look at numbers. And for that Iím taking Durant and fairly easily.

cmellofan15
10-29-2017, 11:55 AM
Easily Durant. Stop being so butthurt about him leaving. Most versatile scorer and defender of the three.

Vinny642
10-29-2017, 12:48 PM
Durant probably, maybeee Wade.

But Durant already knows what it feels like to join a really good team and blend in just fine. And we could use a SF a little more than SG

lol, please
10-30-2017, 01:10 PM
Durant probably, maybeee Wade.

But Durant already knows what it feels like to join a really good team and blend in just fine. And we could use a SF a little more than SG
Which team?

Pelicans?

YAALREADYKNO
10-30-2017, 02:01 PM
Kobe

Hawkeye15
10-30-2017, 02:38 PM
So Kobe or Durrant?

the one that can shoot 3's and doesn't dribble the air out of the ball.

Hawkeye15
10-30-2017, 02:39 PM
I get the Durant hate, but I donít look at wins/losses/championships. I look at numbers. And for that Iím taking Durant and fairly easily.

in today's game, duh. That is exactly what I am saying.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-30-2017, 03:09 PM
Durant.

Raptors have Demar and while Kobe/Wade are obviously better, Demar would be relegated to nothing with those 2 on the team. At least Demar can compliment KD.

lol, please
10-30-2017, 03:45 PM
Durant.

Raptors have Demar and while Kobe/Wade are obviously better, Demar would be relegated to nothing with those 2 on the team. At least Demar can compliment KD.

DurantDemarDUO would be hard to stop.

I think Ibaka shooting the team out of games would be their only real weakness at that point.

You have to try and stop Durant, but he can't be stopped. You can't leave DeRozan alone, as he can beat you from anywhere inside the perimeter. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Vinny642
10-30-2017, 04:11 PM
Which team?

Pelicans?

Yessir.

Durant next to AD and Cousins would be unfair, especially in today's NBA

lol, please
10-30-2017, 04:47 PM
Yessir.

Durant next to AD and Cousins would be unfair, especially in today's NBA

What would that starting 5 look like? Would KD be a SF?

Vinny642
10-30-2017, 04:49 PM

Rondo
Jrue
Durant
AD
DMC

The NBA is kinda positionless now

europagnpilgrim
10-30-2017, 05:12 PM
Wade

KD
Kobe

europagnpilgrim
10-30-2017, 05:14 PM

What else besides on occasion being the PointSmallForward? AD/Cousins lock up the Center/PF spot, so KD as SF would be stupid sick on that squad

lol, please
10-30-2017, 05:24 PM
Rondo
Jrue
Durant
AD
DMC

The NBA is kinda positionless now

eh, I get that mot systems have players switching roles often, but I would say players still have a "main" position they play / excel at

lol, please
11-19-2017, 07:44 PM
Wade

KD
KobeWhy Wade over KD?

:confused:

Sent from my Note 8 via Tapatalk

ball4reel
11-19-2017, 08:25 PM
Durant
Kobe
Wade