PDA

View Full Version : Sixers/Chris Paul/Banana Boat - Pick, Free Agency, Etc.

NetsPaint
10-24-2017, 09:35 PM
Does the Sixers have a first round pick in 2018? If hypothetically they do bad, could they have a top pick?

If Chris Paul doesn't work out on the Rockets, can you see him fitting on the Sixers?

Can you see The Banana Boat happening there?

beasted86
10-24-2017, 09:39 PM
Assuming he's half washed because of injuries and/or age, I could see him following his buddies to Cleveland.

If he's of any value, Houston is going to resign him (if not just for the purpose of trade) since they are way over the cap, and they have no other way to replace him.

warfelg
10-24-2017, 09:45 PM
Why did we get drug into this?

Yes we have our pick in 2018, we also have the Lakers if it's 1 or 6 and lower. No I can't see him fitting on our team considering we have Simmons and Fultz. The banana boat isn't happening given that we only have the cap space for 1 max contract, so everyone else from the boat party would need to take MLE and LM contracts.

NetsPaint
10-24-2017, 09:51 PM

Yes we have our pick in 2018, we also have the Lakers if it's 1 or 6 and lower. No I can't see him fitting on our team considering we have Simmons and Fultz. The banana boat isn't happening given that we only have the cap space for 1 max contract, so everyone else from the boat party would need to take MLE and LM contracts.
Just curious considering the potential of this team as it stands right now.

Fultz has been coming off the bench so I was wondering if the Sixers would go for Paul to win now and mentor Fultz. LeBron would get the max obviously, and it's LeBron, it could be only one year, and the other three might follow for one year. The Sixers would still have their young core if they all left.

Interesting that they will have those picks. The Sixers could have an amazing future if they stay healthy.

j-bay
10-24-2017, 09:52 PM

Wait? Let me get this straight. The Celtics only get the LA pick if its 2-5?

As for Paul to Philly can't see it.Good chance he goes to Cleveland if Thomas leaves.

More-Than-Most
10-24-2017, 09:54 PM
Wait? Let me get this straight. The Celtics only get the LA pick if its 2-5?

As for Paul to Philly can't see it.Good chance he goes to Cleveland if Thomas leaves.

yup.. if its 1 or 6 it goes back to philly with you guys getting the kings future first from us

warfelg
10-24-2017, 09:54 PM
Just curious considering the potential of this team as it stands right now.

Fultz has been coming off the bench so I was wondering if the Sixers would go for Paul to win now and mentor Fultz. LeBron would get the max obviously, and it's LeBron, it could be only one year, and the other three might follow for one year. The Sixers would still have their young core if they all left.

Interesting about the Lakers pick. The Sixers could have an amazing future if they stay healthy.

FUltz has been coming off the bench because he's injured.

And even though we made some moves we're still not in win now mode. We aren't going to bench any of our other starters for the banana crew. Wade, Melo would have to come off the bench. They would need to learn to play off Fultz/Simmons/Embiid.

NetsPaint
10-24-2017, 09:55 PM
It will be interesting if Paul will be looking for a max when he's a free agent. He turned down the Clippers' offer.

NetsPaint
10-24-2017, 09:57 PM
FUltz has been coming off the bench because he's injured.

And even though we made some moves we're still not in win now mode. We aren't going to bench any of our other starters for the banana crew. Wade, Melo would have to come off the bench. They would need to learn to play off Fultz/Simmons/Embiid.
That's what I was thinking with Wade and Melo. I can see Wade accepting that, he already volunteered to on the Cavs. Paul and LeBron would start, definitely LeBron. They'd have a lot of great passing on that team. Would they mesh though? They'd be successful, but who knows how much.

NetsPaint
10-24-2017, 09:58 PM
yup.. if its 1 or 6 it goes back to philly with you guys getting the kings future first from us
After years of trashing Philadelphia for their tanking, it might actually pay off. Still think they probably overdid it though.

DillyDill
10-24-2017, 10:07 PM

Wait we canít keep our pick at all this year?

warfelg
10-24-2017, 10:24 PM
Wait we canít keep our pick at all this year?

Nope.

DillyDill
10-24-2017, 10:30 PM
Nope.

Thanks but that sucks so we better hit the 30 or 40 Win mark to lower it

TheDish87
10-25-2017, 08:54 AM
we dont want past their/at the end of their prime stars. thats not the process, **** Paul, Wade, James, Melo, etc we dont want any of them.

WaDe03
10-25-2017, 09:24 AM
No, we only want injured rookies.

MygirlhatesCod
10-25-2017, 10:14 AM
No, we only want injured rookies.

you read my mind!

Heediot
10-25-2017, 04:19 PM
Paul is smart and calculated. He's know playing in Houston and D'Antoni will bloat his stats, and he'll get a nice Max contract. His game ages well because he relies waaaay more on brains and skill vs. athleticism. Still he will still decline and paying him 40 AAV = yikes!

LA4life24/8
10-26-2017, 01:51 PM
Doubtful, but in today's league you literally never know.