PDA

View Full Version : Suns Fire Head Coach Earl Watson

NFLAccess
10-22-2017, 06:01 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21118483/phoenix-suns-fire-head-coach-earl-watson

The Phoenix Suns have fired head coach Earl Watson, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

NYKnickFanatic
10-22-2017, 06:03 PM
Damn.

warfelg
10-22-2017, 06:06 PM
Via CBSSports.

Heediot
10-22-2017, 06:29 PM
I don't think anyone mentioned him the JJH's which coach will get fired first thread.

dhopisthename
10-22-2017, 06:34 PM
what a dumpster fire.

KB24PG16
10-22-2017, 07:28 PM
pretty quick trigger, maybe he lost the locker room

tredigs
10-22-2017, 07:49 PM
What a **** organization. Did they expect more out of the first couple games from their crap squad? Terrible ownership.

Ariza's Better
10-22-2017, 08:14 PM
What a **** organization. Did they expect more out of the first couple games from their crap squad? Terrible ownership.
I think they expected them to at least give an effort. Not one is player gave a **** and that falls on the coach.

tredigs
10-22-2017, 08:18 PM
I think they expected them to at least give an effort. Not one is player gave a **** and that falls on the coach.

They're rolling out one of the worst defensive rosters imaginable and a middle at best offensive roster. He has nothing to work with. GL replacement coach.

What a douche owner.

Cal827
10-22-2017, 09:51 PM
Jay Triano is the replacement?! :laugh2: :laugh2: How in the hell did he get another opportunity to coach? Phoenix must already chosen to lose this season.

He is one of the worst coaches I have ever seen coach this team. We were historically terrible defensively during his tenure (one of the worst defensive teams of all-time)... We were giving up 120+ points per game, before it became common thanks to the 3 ball. He couldn't call a play for **** when Bosh got hurt, and in the year that he coached where we left, he would be quick to pull the developing player (Derozan) on a developing team, for a veteran (Barbosa), while also claiming that the team has to take responsibility for their errors, while he let Bargnani stay on the court for as long as possible... ANDREA BARGNANI, the 7 foot centre that averaged 5 rebounds per game :laugh2:

They lost 60 games the last time he was coach. The worst was probably the last. Miami rested Wade, Lebron, and Bosh and they STILL WON BY 20 ******* POINTS BECAUSE HE DIDN'T ADJUST HIS GAME PLAN TO PROPERLY GUARD EDDIE HOUSE :mad:

tl:dr..... Good luck Phoenix

lol, please
10-22-2017, 11:35 PM
Westbrook holds Durant to under 30 points a game?

:laugh2:

What are the chances that post was made before the trade.

Cal827
10-23-2017, 12:07 AM
Westbrook holds Durant to under 30 points a game?

:laugh2:

What are the chances that post was made before the trade.

:laugh2: It was from like 2012 or 2013 when they were both on the Thunder and Westy started to demand the ball more. Someone made a thread about Westbrook and awards and left the one quote.

I guess at this point I should look for something else, as a lot people might not understand what it was reference to haha

tp13baby
10-23-2017, 12:31 AM
Honestly though Phoenix has under achieved. Not that their roster is great but they have had pieces to be more competitive then they have been.

I think itís well deserved especially how ****** they looked already.

JasonJohnHorn
10-23-2017, 09:48 AM
I wouldn't suggest that Earl Watson is a great coach, or a bad coach. Phoenix has not been good, and they've been playing in the west, so things are tough.

That said... firing a lottery team (and they are a lottery team) for starting 0-3 with they had back games (home/road, so there's extra travelling involved) and played a better Portland team to open the season... that's silly.

So there one of two things going on:

1. The Suns management team is a bunch of idiots who either should have fired Watson at the end of last season or given him more time this year.

2. Watson did something behind the scenes that require immediate termination. Whether that is sexual harrassing a co-workers (which didn't get Isaiah Thomas fired in New York), telling somebody above him to go f#$@ themselves, or some other scenario (these are just hypothetical of course).

A firing this sudden reeks of either utter stupidity in management, or some serious going wrong behind the scenes that needed to be address immediately.

Of course... I can just imagine a guy from the Suns front office watching his first Suns game of the season (the third game in because he doesn't care that much about his job) and thinking: What? I thought I fired Watson a the end of last season?" Then going back to his emails and realizing it was still in the 'Draft' folder because he hadn't hit send.

JasonJohnHorn
10-23-2017, 05:37 PM
That organization is looking like a bunch of amateurs right now. The Bledsoe trade situation. Okur's response to the firing.

It just looks like they have absolutely no clue what they are doing.

This organization once landed on a goldmine with Nash JJ, QT, Stat and Marion in what was an historically amazing starting-five with a system that work, and year after year, they just let guys go or traded them to save money. Not they seem like the are in worse shape than the Nets.

lol, please
10-23-2017, 05:46 PM
:laugh2: It was from like 2012 or 2013 when they were both on the Thunder and Westy started to demand the ball more. Someone made a thread about Westbrook and awards and left the one quote.

I guess at this point I should look for something else, as a lot people might not understand what it was reference to haha

Please don't change it, absolutely hilarious :laugh2:

TylerSL
10-23-2017, 08:07 PM
The Suns can only be fixed when Sarver sells the team.

Jeffy25
10-23-2017, 11:14 PM
The Suns have several good young players. Move Bledsoe and build.