PDA

View Full Version : Derick Rose Injury: Flagrant 1?

JasonJohnHorn
10-21-2017, 07:28 PM
Looks like Monroe is legit going for the ball on this play. Don't see how this is a flagrant at all.

On a side note. I went to look up the video (here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-msOa4nsQ40)), and I typed in "Derick" in Google... top suggestions was "Derick Rose injury". Tragically funny.

TylerSL
10-21-2017, 07:42 PM
That was a personal foul and Derrick Rose is a dumb ***. There is no reason to think he's the only one they wouldn't call a flagrant for. This is the guy who refused to play when he was healthy and then turned around and started talking about signing a max extension when he still had over a year left on his deal. He's the same guy who didn't care about playing with other star players when he actually was a good player either. Derrick Rose has always been a dumb *** and him crying about a flagrant foul isn't surprising.

Scoots
10-21-2017, 07:53 PM
The standard no-layups hard foul is now somehow a flagrant.

I like how Tom Tolbert said fouls should be called ... If you would get laughed at for calling it on a playground then PLAY ON.

IndyRealist
10-21-2017, 10:18 PM
The standard no-layups hard foul is now somehow a flagrant.

I like how Tom Tolbert said fouls should be called ... If you would get laughed at for calling it on a playground then PLAY ON.

Wasn't even a hard foul. Arms went straight up. Yes he was moving, but he didn't undercut Rose at all.

Vee-Rex
10-22-2017, 10:07 AM
I've seen softer fouls get called for flagrant, especially if they're hit in the neck/head area.

Some consistency (one way or another) would be nice.

TrueFan420
10-22-2017, 03:15 PM
I've seen softer fouls get called for flagrant, especially if they're hit in the neck/head area.

Some consistency (one way or another) would be nice.

Some consistency in ref'in would be amazing. The game shouldn't be called so differently from one game/player to the next.

prodigy
10-24-2017, 01:48 PM
He made no play on the basketball and made contact to head/neck area. Thats a flagrant one by NBA rules. Doesn't matter how we feel, gotta follow the rules. This is basketball not football, rugby or hockey. Contact that disputes the players motion is a foul in basketball. anything unnecessarily to the head is a flagrant.

prodigy
10-24-2017, 01:50 PM
Some consistency in ref'in would be amazing. The game shouldn't be called so differently from one game/player to the next.

I remember Bulls fans would always complain that Rose gets horrible treatment from refs. I never really cared much. But watching first hand its pretty bad the lack of respect he receives.

5ass
10-24-2017, 02:16 PM
i thought it was flagrant when watching the game. Monroe didnt really go for the ball.