PDA

View Full Version : Durants Warriors vs Shaqs Lakers in 7: Who wins?

AllBall
10-21-2017, 12:18 AM
This forum software is such garbage. How did I end up as the OP?

lol, please
10-21-2017, 12:20 AM
Durant, Green, and the Splash Bros vs ShaqKobeDUO.

Who takes a 7 game series?

FlashBolt
10-21-2017, 12:25 AM
Going Warriors. Their shooting is too much for Shaq.

lol, please
10-21-2017, 12:28 AM
This forum software is such garbage. How did I end up as the OP?

Regarding your original post, I also used to think Lakers in 5. I don't think the Warriors can stop Shaq, but I do think they shut down Kobe one game and flat out outscore Shaq and the rest of the team in a thriller game 7.

Vee-Rex
10-21-2017, 12:33 AM
I feel like we discuss this every single year

IKnowHoops
10-21-2017, 02:19 PM
I feel like we discuss this every single year

Durant' warriors are one year old though...

valade16
10-21-2017, 02:26 PM
While I am very concerned with how the Warriors would slow or stop Shaq (is Dray planning on guarding him?) I think the Warriors win more often than not.

warfelg
10-21-2017, 02:33 PM
Which version of the team around those two are we using though? I think there's 1 combo out there that would give them more fits over another.

Heediot
10-21-2017, 02:47 PM
which rules? modern current ones?

never mind another dumb *** troll bragging thread by the op.

FlashBolt
10-21-2017, 03:41 PM
Lakers were actually one of the best at defending the 3 those seasons but I'm just not convinced you can beat the Warriors just by pounding the inside. We just saw AD+Cousins still lose to the Warriors and I think AD+Cousins are probably good enough to >Shaq's production. Warriors weren't even playing great.

warfelg
10-21-2017, 03:51 PM
I mean....that 2000-01 Lakers:

Fisher (at his peak)
Kobe
Fox
Grant
Shaq

And bringing Horry, Shaw, Harper, Lue off the bench. In this matchup I would put Horry in over Grant to start. I just see Shaq being way too much of a matchup problem. I think defensively I would tell him to just camp out under the rim and not worry about chasing the ball.

And in the dance off sudden death no one beats Mark Madsen.

TylerSL
10-21-2017, 04:17 PM
Under today's rules, Warriors in 6. Under the rules in 2001, Lakers in 6. Would have been a pretty good series regardless. The Warriors would have no answer for Shaq and he woud dominate the post, but Los Angeles couldn't stop the Warrior's 3 point party either. If the Lakers could hit them a bit more they would win, but if they were playing under 2017 rules, Golden State would win.

goingfor28
10-21-2017, 05:51 PM
This forum software is such garbage. How did I end up as the OP?Hahahah. Go PSD!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JasonJohnHorn
10-21-2017, 07:17 PM
That is Curry's team.

lol, please
10-21-2017, 08:23 PM
Which version of the team around those two are we using though? I think there's 1 combo out there that would give them more fits over another.

Mainly had the 2001 Lakers in mind. IMO that's the best version.

tredigs
10-21-2017, 10:36 PM
It's Curry's Warriors and klay needs to step up in the playoffs way more before he enters the Splash Bro discussion again. Sick of that guy.

lol, please
10-22-2017, 12:48 PM
It's Curry's Warriors and klay needs to step up in the playoffs way more before he enters the Splash Bro discussion again. Sick of that guy.Good Lord lol.

He's only really ghosted on one playoff run and we had Durant. Hopefully Klay goes on a tear that carries into the playoffs. He's capable.

Sent from my Note 5 via Tapatalk

tredigs
10-22-2017, 04:32 PM
Good Lord lol.

He's only really ghosted on one playoff run and we had Durant. Hopefully Klay goes on a tear that carries into the playoffs. He's capable.

Sent from my Note 5 via Tapatalk

Lol I do love Klay but his stoner was frustrates the **** out of me sometimes.

Bruno
10-22-2017, 05:23 PM
Warriors in six.

The Warriors are the most talented team ever, and they happen to be greater than the sum of their parts. The Kings took the Lakers to 7 in 2002 without Peja (injured against Dallas earlier in the playoff).

The Kings played ball the same way the Warriors do, with a fraction of the coaching, talent, focus and killer instinct. If we can use the Kings as a barometer for how a space and pace three point shooting team would perform against the Lakers, I think I'm being generous by saying that the Lakers would get to six over the Warriors. The Lakers couldnt even figure out Mike Bibby, what would they do with Steph Curry.

Also, the Warriors are an aberration and Kevin Durant ruined the league. :)

lol, please
10-25-2017, 12:34 AM
Warriors in six.

The Warriors are the most talented team ever, and they happen to be greater than the sum of their parts. The Kings took the Lakers to 7 in 2002 without Peja (injured against Dallas earlier in the playoff).

The Kings played ball the same way the Warriors do, with a fraction of the coaching, talent, focus and killer instinct. If we can use the Kings as a barometer for how a space and pace three point shooting team would perform against the Lakers, I think I'm being generous by saying that the Lakers would get to six over the Warriors. The Lakers couldnt even figure out Mike Bibby, what would they do with Steph Curry.

Also, the Warriors are an aberration and Kevin Durant ruined the league. :)

The current Warriors have never seen a C even close to what a prime Shaq was. And when Kobe plays well, he's a handful. Same with Fisher.