PDA

View Full Version : Chandler Parsons "bothered" by Grizzlies fans booing him; Conley and Gasol defend him

kobe4thewinbang
10-19-2017, 10:31 PM
Link: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/peppered-boos-memphis-chandler-parsons-fires-back-tasteless-grizzlies-fans-155334488.html

Thoughts on this? I was very against the huge deal the Grizz gave Conley. He looked good in their opener, though, and considering the 20+ million chuckers, unproven projects and third options are receiving, I've tamed on his big payday. Gasol is still a capable big man, but Parsons is definitely the team's biggest misfire if you ask me.

Would he even be in the league if Grizzlies didn't sign him away from Dallas? He's been off/on hurt since then and his numbers are icky at best. He was shooting 40+% from 3PT range during two seasons with the Mavericks. He's only played 34 games for the Grizzlies, and he shot 33% in those games. Never had a full season his whole career, topping out at 77 games his sophomore year.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parsoch01.html

What should the Grizzlies do moving forward? Do you think his play will merit any comparison to that contract (4 years, 94 million)? There was the report about Marc Gasol saying "Maybe we need to make some changes" or something. They let Tony Allen and Zach Randolph go. Now what?

Saddletramp
10-19-2017, 10:42 PM
So glad Morey didn't match. Didn't think he'd get this bad but I knew it wouldn't have been a good re-sign.

FlashBolt
10-19-2017, 11:19 PM
This guy knows he's getting paid so much money to basically do nothing. He's probably gotten the most money the past decade without playing or doing much.. fans have the right to boo him. He's the worst thing to happen to Dallas and Memphis. Makes me sick he gets paid that much and always tries to "recruit" people..

HandsOnTheWheel
10-20-2017, 03:31 AM
The Conley extention was horrid.

I mean Parsons was always solid and people seem to forget his signing came the year teams were handing out 9 figure contracts like candy. Coupled with the Conley extension, definitely not the wisest of moves for Memphis, though I realize small market aspects play a huge role here.

beasted86
10-20-2017, 10:48 AM
Parsons is Mr. Glass, he can't help his constantly getting injured. The fans shouldn't boo him.

I didn't boo Josh McRoberts with Miami. I'd rather boo the fans who expected anything out of him other than another injury.

hugepatsfan
10-20-2017, 11:00 AM
I think it's a bit ruthless for them to boo him. He got hurt. What do they want from him? It's not like he was healthy and stopped trying. Seems kind of savage to me to boo guys for getting injured.

Hawkeye15
10-20-2017, 11:30 AM
suck it up buttercup, that is sports. If you don't like it, you are free to go work in an office somewhere making 50k like the fans booing you.

TheDish87
10-20-2017, 01:27 PM
even when he has played in Memphis he sucked. Fans boo the bad and the insanely overpaid like this guy.

hugepatsfan
10-20-2017, 01:37 PM
even when he has played in Memphis he sucked. Fans boo the bad and the insanely overpaid like this guy.

He started the year injured then came back briefly in a limited role and struggled before a long injury. The came back and struggled more. His poor performance can be pretty much entirely attributable to injuries he tried to play through but couldn't.

It's clearly a bad deal so I would be pissed if my team signed it too. But individually, it's hard for me to really have any ill will towards Parsons. He signed a huge deal and got hurt pretty seriously. He tried to play through it. Complain about the GM giving him his deal (particularly because there were red flags) but I think it's F'd up to boo a guy for getting hurt.

Firefistus
10-20-2017, 02:17 PM
I don't agree with this either. Andre Kiralinko was on an aweful contract for years with the Jazz, not because he wasn't good, but because he was always injured. We always loved AK though, never boo'd him. Can't say I agree with the Griz fans on this. If they don't like it don't show up to the games, that's the only way the owner will realize he needs to be smarter with his investments.

KnicksorBust
10-20-2017, 02:38 PM
I think it's a bit ruthless for them to boo him. He got hurt. What do they want from him? It's not like he was healthy and stopped trying. Seems kind of savage to me to boo guys for getting injured.

A little bit of this.

suck it up buttercup, that is sports. If you don't like it, you are free to go work in an office somewhere making 50k like the fans booing you.

But mostly this. You get paid millions of dollars to play a game. You want people to stop boo'ing you? Go do community service, meet and greets with fans so they get to know you, keep your mouth shut to the media, and become a good player again.

TheDish87
10-20-2017, 02:48 PM
He started the year injured then came back briefly in a limited role and struggled before a long injury. The came back and struggled more. His poor performance can be pretty much entirely attributable to injuries he tried to play through but couldn't.

It's clearly a bad deal so I would be pissed if my team signed it too. But individually, it's hard for me to really have any ill will towards Parsons. He signed a huge deal and got hurt pretty seriously. He tried to play through it. Complain about the GM giving him his deal (particularly because there were red flags) but I think it's F'd up to boo a guy for getting hurt.

cant boo the GM so this is the next best thing. Philly fans did the same thing with Iggy back in the day after his extension, now that was wrong.

TheDish87
10-20-2017, 02:50 PM
I don't agree with this either. Andre Kiralinko was on an aweful contract for years with the Jazz, not because he wasn't good, but because he was always injured. We always loved AK though, never boo'd him. Can't say I agree with the Griz fans on this. If they don't like it don't show up to the games, that's the only way the owner will realize he needs to be smarter with his investments.

eh AK was a Jazz lifer though, Parsons is different. There was no reason for Grizz fans to ever embrace him from day 1.

smith&wesson
10-20-2017, 05:31 PM
He sour because he knows he's garbage ... kick rocks with your millions

Blitzbolt
10-21-2017, 02:30 AM
Conley is over paid but he plays his butt off every single game we don't even notice his contract half the time.

Chandler is the complete opposite...I boo him even though I agree with Gasol and Conley ...but they have to realize we are also booing the front office they need to know that we are not gonna just sit by and be ok with it.

Mr.B
10-21-2017, 10:07 AM
A little bit of this.

But mostly this. You get paid millions of dollars to play a game. You want people to stop boo'ing you? Go do community service, meet and greets with fans so they get to know you, keep your mouth shut to the media, and become a good player again.

But if he does that when will he have time to keep up with his Instagram and have time to hang out with barely legal teenage girls?