PDA

View Full Version : General Regular Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Vee-Rex
10-19-2017, 09:58 AM
Just a general thread for the regular season. Maybe a mod can sticky this?

Vee-Rex
10-19-2017, 09:59 AM
Wanted to post this because it had me DYING :laugh2:

Man pretends to be Klay Thompson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJqnpoJPDMM

TrueFan420
10-19-2017, 10:21 AM
Wanted to post this because it had me DYING :laugh2:

Man pretends to be Klay Thompson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJqnpoJPDMM

Lol that just made my morning... that **** was hella funny

warfelg
10-19-2017, 10:38 AM
Jeremy Lin out for the season.

Draymond Green is day to day with his injury.

NYKnickFanatic
10-19-2017, 10:59 AM

Did you see it? So sad.

Drives in, gets fouled. Sits there holding his knee, looks to the bench saying "I'm done, I'm done, I'm done" and just starts crying.

Sad to watch.

FlashBolt
10-19-2017, 11:01 AM

Damn, sucks for Lin. Dude is too injury prone.. good thing he has that Player Option because it might be his last chance to get a huge contract after proving himself..

warfelg
10-19-2017, 11:06 AM
Did you see it? So sad.

Drives in, gets fouled. Sits there holding his knee, looks to the bench saying "I'm done, I'm done, I'm done" and just starts crying.

Sad to watch.

I missed it. I'm squeemish about lower body injuries after 4 ankle surgeries, 2 knee surgeries.

warfelg
10-19-2017, 11:08 AM
Ophf. Ruptured Pateller Tendon for Lin. That's what Livingston had.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-19-2017, 11:10 AM
With Lin out. Nets probably are top 4 lottery pick now.

FlashBolt
10-19-2017, 11:30 AM

Cavs just keep on winning..

IKnowHoops
10-19-2017, 11:44 AM
Did you see it? So sad.

Sad to watch.

Man, yeah I wonít watch that

IKnowHoops
10-19-2017, 11:45 AM
I missed it. I'm squeemish about lower body injuries after 4 ankle surgeries, 2 knee surgeries.

Ick!

IKnowHoops
10-19-2017, 11:46 AM

Lol, Lin is not a difference maker. They were always going to be absolutely terrible.

FlashBolt
10-19-2017, 11:50 AM
Lol, Lin is not a difference maker. They were always going to be absolutely terrible.

Surprisingly, Lin was the Nets 2nd best player last season. He was an easy 15/6/6 type player before he got injured. Had him on my fantasy.. he's a good player. Btw, all this means is that D'Angelo will put up some mean numbers. I have him on my fantasy this season. 22/6/6 is where I think he is headed.

Scoots
10-19-2017, 12:16 PM

I feel you man. I looked at my knee and my kneecap was on the side. I avoid all of the leg injury videos.

IKnowHoops
10-19-2017, 06:49 PM
Surprisingly, Lin was the Nets 2nd best player last season. He was an easy 15/6/6 type player before he got injured. Had him on my fantasy.. he's a good player. Btw, all this means is that D'Angelo will put up some mean numbers. I have him on my fantasy this season. 22/6/6 is where I think he is headed.

Thatís exactly how I knew they would be awful. Is there a worse #2 in the league than Lin? I seriously doubt it.

warfelg
10-19-2017, 07:23 PM
Thatís exactly how I knew they would be awful. Is there a worse #2 in the league than Lin? I seriously doubt it.

Kyle Lowry in the playoffs :rimshot:

kobe4thewinbang
10-19-2017, 09:32 PM
Anyone else surprised the Nuggets blew that lead to the Jazz? As did the Warriors to the Rockets. Both GS & Denver were up big throughout the game, then lost it down the stretch. Nuggets were on the road, though.

What a game by Giannis! Holy crap.

Also nice to see DMC & AD drop so many points and rebounds. Shame Rondo is hurt for them as they didn't get others involved. Celtics got some work to do, for sure. Kyrie is good enough to make games competitive, but they're going to need more from Horford moving forward. Jrue Holiday was horrible for Pelicans, too.

What happened with the Suns? What a stinker that game was. Devin Booker aiming at the other basket. McCollum didn't even play!

Magic/Heat was a good game. Strong showing by Whiteside. Even Dwight had 15 rebounds in his sleep in Charlotte's loss. Mavericks rookie looks nice. Who drops 10 assists in their first NBA game? Harden slayed the Kings. And John Wall was on fire. Other than Hayward's injury, looks like a great season coming up. Lots of vigor in teams that I didn't expect. Wonder how predictions will pan out with reality. Any team looks capable, IMO.

Rudy Gay looked good for the Spurs.

Wonder how Lonzo will do tonight...

lol, please
10-21-2017, 12:37 AM
King Klay on a tear to open the season.

D-Leethal
10-21-2017, 09:13 AM
What's the deal with Fultz? Is he injured? If so, is he expected to actually contribute when he gets healthy? Is he screaming bust already or this is all precautionary stuff? What's the actual story with that ****ing free throw of his?

warfelg
10-21-2017, 09:20 AM
What's the deal with Fultz? Is he injured? If so, is he expected to actually contribute when he gets healthy? Is he screaming bust already or this is all precautionary stuff? What's the actual story with that ****ing free throw of his?

He's got a bad right shoulder right now. He talked about it and it's more sore than preventing him from doing anything. When he's just playing he admitted to not thinking about anything and being able to just shoot. But when he's got the space or at the line he thinks about it and tries to avoid the pain.

Really he needs to sit about a week or two, get some rehab, and get it feeling right followed by a visit to a sports psychologist.

D-Leethal
10-21-2017, 11:06 AM
He's got a bad right shoulder right now. He talked about it and it's more sore than preventing him from doing anything. When he's just playing he admitted to not thinking about anything and being able to just shoot. But when he's got the space or at the line he thinks about it and tries to avoid the pain.

Really he needs to sit about a week or two, get some rehab, and get it feeling right followed by a visit to a sports psychologist.

Yea seems weird that he is playing, although you do see players play entire seasons with shoulder injuries. I guess there isn't much of a chance to make it worse by playing.

Are you worried at all about him at this point as a Sixers fan? Or have you seen enough to feel confident he will be a franchise PG one day?

warfelg
10-21-2017, 11:21 AM
Yea seems weird that he is playing, although you do see players play entire seasons with shoulder injuries. I guess there isn't much of a chance to make it worse by playing.

Are you worried at all about him at this point as a Sixers fan? Or have you seen enough to feel confident he will be a franchise PG one day?

0 worries.

He did it all at SL and was fine, came into Camp with the different shot. Heard he was taking a ton of FT's in between the two. I think it's just fatigue of the shoulder more than anything else. He's still cutting off ball, attacking the rim, making some nice passes, not turning it over that much. So when that shoulder feels better and he takes some longer shots those things will become even better.

Look it's 2 games in. If we get through year 1, into camp of year 2, and he's still doing this, nothing is ever announced then I'll get worried. But for now we know the shoulder is an issue, he doesn't need surgery, but can play, and does enough other things at a high level that it's not bothersome.

PickleRick
10-21-2017, 11:48 AM
Iím missing Rubio already, Teague is average at best.

aman_13
10-21-2017, 12:36 PM
null

How dare you sir!

Vee-Rex
10-21-2017, 12:41 PM
https://youtu.be/lABmqYk5Zm0

IT starting to put in work with the King and Flash!

If he can come back around January and find some rhythm and chemistry, we're gonna be the best team in the East without question.

Scoots
10-21-2017, 12:57 PM
Iím missing Rubio already, Teague is average at best.

Teague is exactly average.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R98h1oDSV4

Scoots
10-21-2017, 12:59 PM

I know it's a bit cliche but whenever a Sixers rookie gets a "little injury" I start to wonder if his recovery will include tweets of them working out and looking good in the next off-season after holding them out a year as "a precaution".

Not that I'm at all worried Fultz is injury prone at all ... it just scratches that itch in my brain.

warfelg
10-21-2017, 01:04 PM
I know it's a bit cliche but whenever a Sixers rookie gets a "little injury" I start to wonder if his recovery will include tweets of them working out and looking good in the next off-season after holding them out a year as "a precaution".

Not that I'm at all worried Fultz is injury prone at all ... it just scratches that itch in my brain.

I get you and donít blame you at all. Someone with some inside knowledge I know said itís just soreness from all the reps he took in the offseason.

eDush
10-21-2017, 03:51 PM

If he can come back around January and find some rhythm and chemistry, we're gonna be the best team in the East without question.Lebron doesn't need IT just like he doesn't need Kyrie to dominant opponents but even Lebron would admit the Dubs are the best team in the league now. Too bad they didn't get PG instead of OKC cause then we would be scared. Were more worried about OKC and their 3 headed monster...
:hide:

FlashBolt
10-22-2017, 11:08 AM

If he can come back around January and find some rhythm and chemistry, we're gonna be the best team in the East without question.

Please don't call Wade the Flash anymore. It's embarrassing to the prime Wade. This Wade is so bad..

warfelg
10-22-2017, 11:26 AM
Please don't call Wade the Flash anymore. It's embarrassing to the prime Wade. This Wade is so bad..

The Sloth?

NYKnickFanatic
10-22-2017, 11:41 AM
Anyone thinks Curry will get suspended for throwing his mouthpiece at the ref? Or KD for giving him the bird?

warfelg
10-22-2017, 11:48 AM
Anyone thinks Curry will get suspended for throwing his mouthpiece at the ref? Or KD for giving him the bird?

Curry yes for 1 game.

KD no, but he should for being lame.

tredigs
10-23-2017, 03:18 AM
Curry yes for 1 game.

KD no, but he should for being lame.

Suspended after being ejected for throwing a mouthpiece in the general direction of a ref? No, lol. He definitely should not be suspended for that. I know you guys are all for the full pussification of sports, but let's tap the breaks a bit.

tredigs
10-23-2017, 03:58 AM
On the general NBA tip - Kyrie has been dog-**** to start the year and the Celtics are 1-2. Wonder how much that dude will reconsider leaving the best team in the East seeing as he will probably never again be in an NBA Finals (they're really hard to get to).

ewing
10-23-2017, 10:15 AM
On the general NBA tip - Kyrie has been dog-**** to start the year and the Celtics are 1-2. Wonder how much that dude will reconsider leaving the best team in the East seeing as he will probably never again be in an NBA Finals (they're really hard to get to).

how long will it take for people to realize IT was clearly a better player?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-23-2017, 10:19 AM

I had a feeling Celtics would have hiccups in the early goings. Ya figure its not the same team. IT,Crowder,Nets pick and Zizic and Bradley gone then free agent Hayward injured. It will take some time to gel.

IKnowHoops
10-23-2017, 10:21 AM

Not surprised. Dude will throw up 25 shots and either hit 5 or 20. He doesnít care how many he makes, as long as he was able to throw up 25 shots. So most of his shots attempts are dramatic, low probability shots, and they usually donít fall.

IKnowHoops
10-23-2017, 10:27 AM

Hey Iím with ya on this. If IT comes back 100%, he is the better player. The stats 100% show that

Vee-Rex
10-23-2017, 10:55 AM

He'll find his touch.

He will show FLASHES of his former self. :D

lol, please
10-23-2017, 12:00 PM

Going to have to check out basketball.reference later because I don't believe IT is better than Kyrie, not right now.

ewing
10-23-2017, 12:26 PM
Going to have to check out basketball.reference later because I don't believe IT is better than Kyrie, not right now.

you can look there and it tells you who is better? That's good to know

WaDe03
10-23-2017, 12:47 PM
Wade will get it together, some just don't understand the game very well.

Wade approached Lue and asked to come off the bench. They don't use him right with the starting unit so maybe he'll actually touch the ball and run some offense with the 2nd unit. The better they use Wade, the better the Cavs are.

FlashBolt
10-23-2017, 12:54 PM

Wade approached Lue and asked to come off the bench. They don't use him right with the starting unit so maybe he'll actually touch the ball and run some offense with the 2nd unit. The better they use Wade, the better the Cavs are.

Uhhh, I think you had different expectations. They can't use Wade with the starting unit because of two obvious reasons:

1) He can't shoot.
2) LeBron is a 1000000x better option than Wade so when Wade tries to play PG duties, it's a negative effect on the Cavs because LeBron is there just standing.

He needs to play 2nd rotation surrounded by shooters. Preferably, a line-up of K.Love+Wade+Tristan+Shump+Korver would be Wade's best line-up. Him and Bron ain't gonna work when you have Rose there, either.

Vee-Rex
10-23-2017, 01:24 PM

This is great news, btw. Cavs have been using a ton of funky lineups and I think it has caused some of the issues we've had.

There has been a ton of roster turnover and I think teams like the Cavs and Thunder will begin to put it together as the season wears on.

Chronz
10-23-2017, 01:31 PM
Wade starting was such a **** show.

Chronz
10-23-2017, 01:33 PM

They have near identical career stats

WaDe03
10-23-2017, 01:38 PM
This is great news, btw. Cavs have been using a ton of funky lineups and I think it has caused some of the issues we've had.

There has been a ton of roster turnover and I think teams like the Cavs and Thunder will begin to put it together as the season wears on.

Yea the lineups have been so odd. Hopefully this changes some things. Need the starting lineup in its best form and need the 2nd unit to be at its best as well and hold or add to leads when LeBron is out.

I still anticipate the closing lineup at the end of the year will be:

IT
Wade
Crowder or Smith
LeBron
Love

WaDe03
10-23-2017, 01:41 PM
Wades goal should be to compete for 6th man. Gordon will probably win it again as he's a walking bucket but Wade could make things interesting if he average 15-5-5 or something.

WaDe03
10-23-2017, 01:43 PM

Thank god, this will definitely work out best for everyone I think.

WaDe03
10-23-2017, 01:43 PM
Uhhh, I think you had different expectations. They can't use Wade with the starting unit because of two obvious reasons:

1) He can't shoot.
2) LeBron is a 1000000x better option than Wade so when Wade tries to play PG duties, it's a negative effect on the Cavs because LeBron is there just standing.

He needs to play 2nd rotation surrounded by shooters. Preferably, a line-up of K.Love+Wade+Tristan+Shump+Korver would be Wade's best line-up. Him and Bron ain't gonna work when you have Rose there, either.

Yea if there was a shooter at PG it wouldn't be such a big deal.

Chronz
10-23-2017, 01:55 PM
Yea if there was a shooter at PG it wouldn't be such a big deal.

True but it still wouldn't be optimal. There were times in the playoffs where Ray Allen was a better option than wade next to Bron and that was a much younger wade. You can't have more than 1 non shooter in today's NBA, you can get away with 2 if one of them is your primary playmaker/ball handler .

Thompson needs to start or at least close imo. Love, Crowder, Bron, and take your pick for the guy manning the 1 but I'm thinking IT with occasional wade/jr for clutch stops

WaDe03
10-23-2017, 02:00 PM

1) He can't shoot.

True but it still wouldn't be optimal. There were times in the playoffs where Ray Allen was a better option than wade next to Bron and that was a much younger wade. You can't have more than 1 non shooter in today's NBA, you can get away with 2 if one of them is your primary playmaker/ball handler .

Thompson needs to start or at least close imo. Love, Crowder, Bron, and take your pick for the guy manning the 1 but I'm thinking IT with occasional wade/jr for clutch stops

When I say closing, I pretty much just made the lineup for when they play the Warriors in the finals. Yea I know, anything can happen but thats the way it's viewed. I believe they closed with Love at center and Green was at C for the Warriors. TT just doesn't cut it against them because he's an absolute 0 on offense if you throw the ball to him. The rebounds every now and then are nice but they're not something you can bank on happening.

WaDe03
10-23-2017, 02:01 PM
But yea I agree I think it's best Wade starts games on the bench and runs that unit so they can use him right and get the best out of him. Just makes the team better.

Vee-Rex
10-23-2017, 02:08 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Lue decided to bench Wade but told him that he can say it was his idea. He can always say that at least he TRIED to start Wade.

If there's one thing Lue's good at, it's managing egos and being a player's coach.

warfelg
10-23-2017, 02:09 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Lue decided to bench Wade but told him that he can say it was his idea. He can always say that at least he TRIED to start Wade.

If there's one thing Lue's good at, it's managing egos and being a player's coach.

Learned it from the best.

lol, please
10-23-2017, 05:02 PM

It will give me an idea of their recent production and efficiency. I value stats like +/-, TS%, WS/48.

Saddletramp
10-23-2017, 05:56 PM

Yeah, one thing I know is that without Lebron, IT (as the last pick in his draft) has taken his team to a #1 seed and a conference final while Kyrie (without LeBron and being the first pick in his draft) repeatedly headed up the worst team in sports.

But that 3 over Curry, though.

IKnowHoops
10-23-2017, 06:03 PM
I think best thing for the Cavs is to come up with two separate teams that are close to equal and run them as a 1st and 2nd Unit. Then have your closer unit for the final 5min. Bron obviously plays when he wants regardless.

FlashBolt
10-23-2017, 06:08 PM

Lue is a terrible coach. Did he not think about how bad it would have been? I mean, he let Wade get the starting spot just because it's Wade. He looks lost out there. Rotations are terrible and awkward. He just waits for LeBron to get off the bench and then he takes a sigh of relief. I mean, he had weeks to come up with rotations that made sense. Anyone could have told him, Rose+Wade are NOT compatible.

WaDe03
10-23-2017, 07:07 PM
Lue is pretty bad so far.

IT and Wade would be fine but Rose is literally the only PG, Calderon is terrible now, so he has to start.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-24-2017, 12:50 PM
I'm shocked teams still sign Calderon. He was horrible like 5 years ago already.

FlashBolt
10-24-2017, 01:01 PM
I'm shocked teams still sign Calderon. He was horrible like 5 years ago already.

He's a good locker-room guy and knows how to play smart basketball. Probably there for practices.

Vee-Rex
10-24-2017, 01:30 PM
I get wanting to go small, but why should that be the starting lineup? GS plays small all the time but their starting lineup is big with a frontcourt of KD, Green, and Pachulia.

With Rose out, I'd rather we give the starting minutes to someone like Tristan over Calderon. Backup minutes go to Zizic. Start with:

Smith
James
Crowder
Love
Thompson

Smith has guarded point guards numerous times since his time here (we hid Kyrie on defense tons of times).

And run a bench with Wade, Shumpert, Korver, Green, Zizic. Obviously we can mix-n-match starters with the bench. Gives Wade an opportunity to play-make off the bench, while LeBron does it with the starters. We can go small or big for stretches at a time. Lue isn't making sense with his rotations.

lol, please
10-24-2017, 04:44 PM

Didn't know you could get into the NBA being horrible.

WaDe03
10-24-2017, 05:25 PM
I get wanting to go small, but why should that be the starting lineup? GS plays small all the time but their starting lineup is big with a frontcourt of KD, Green, and Pachulia.

With Rose out, I'd rather we give the starting minutes to someone like Tristan over Calderon. Backup minutes go to Zizic. Start with:

Smith
James
Crowder
Love
Thompson

Smith has guarded point guards numerous times since his time here (we hid Kyrie on defense tons of times).

And run a bench with Wade, Shumpert, Korver, Green, Zizic. Obviously we can mix-n-match starters with the bench. Gives Wade an opportunity to play-make off the bench, while LeBron does it with the starters. We can go small or big for stretches at a time. Lue isn't making sense with his rotations.

They saw this post and took that lineup. I imagine a lot of mixing and matching with the bench and 2nd unit.

Vee-Rex
10-24-2017, 06:18 PM
They saw this post and took that lineup. I imagine a lot of mixing and matching with the bench and 2nd unit.

:laugh2:

In that case - to Lue: hit me up and I'll work as a consultant for dirt cheap. :D

j-bay
10-24-2017, 07:59 PM
Ballislife.com
Ballislife.com
@Ballislife

Oct 23
LaVar Ball's message to the Wizards: They better beware cause Lonzo ain't losing again. Not in the same week!
(link: http://bit.ly/2zvmKOp) bit.ly/2zvmKOp

Please...John Wall is the best all around PG in the NBA. Ball is about to be taken to John Wall's school of "how to be an NBA PG".

tredigs
10-24-2017, 08:23 PM
Ballislife.com
Ballislife.com
@Ballislife

Oct 23
LaVar Ball's message to the Wizards: They better beware cause Lonzo ain't losing again. Not in the same week!

Please...John Wall is the best all around PG in the NBA. Ball is about to be taken to John Wall's school of "how to be an NBA PG".

"best all around in the NBA" is always a strange thing to say. Most evenly well rounded seems like a better definition for what you're going for.

He's going to eat Lonzo up though.

j-bay
10-24-2017, 09:34 PM
"best all around in the NBA" is always a strange thing to say. Most evenly well rounded seems like a better definition for what you're going for.

He's going to eat Lonzo up though.

Yep. Wall is a great defender, can pass the ball, is quick, can lay it up and dunk, and has a nice mid range game. Struggles with the 3 though. But when you have Beal and OPJR, you don't really need a 3 point game.

warfelg
10-24-2017, 09:42 PM
Yep. Wall is a great defender, can pass the ball, is quick, can lay it up and dunk, and has a nice mid range game. Struggles with the 3 though. But when you have Beal and OPJR, you don't really need a 3 point game.

Great defender?

j-bay
10-24-2017, 09:47 PM
Great defender?

Relax i meant to say good. He is a good defender.

warfelg
10-24-2017, 09:50 PM
Relax i meant to say good. He is a good defender.

That's more like it.

j-bay
10-24-2017, 09:54 PM
That's more like it.

Sorry man. I want to see him shut down Lonzo. I also want to see him, but unlikely, give the middle finger to LaVar.

Vee-Rex
10-24-2017, 11:07 PM
Otto having a damn good year so far

lol, please
10-25-2017, 12:26 AM
Ballislife.com
Ballislife.com
@Ballislife

Oct 23

But who was Stephen Curry?

FlashBolt
10-25-2017, 12:59 AM
Lue is a joke of a coach.... Like I said, he is only great because he's a former NBA player who guys respect. But his coaching ability is really questionable.

Lue needs to try and get Korver+Wade+Channing+Shumpert+Crowder a lineup. Just have them score the hell out of the ball and give LeBron enough rest. No point in trying to balance offense+defense when they don't have the personnel. If Cavs bench can get them 40 every night (which is possible.. Korver can drop 10 any night, Wade too, Shump+Crowder can, too) they have done their job. All LeBron needs is for his team to play good enough for 15 minutes (he should be playing 32-33 minutes only at this stage) while he rest.

And J.R. is too inconsistent. LeBron likes the guy but it's honestly frustrating watching the guy.

j-bay
10-25-2017, 01:01 AM
But who was Stephen Curry?

Is Curry a better defender then Wall. I know about his offense.

tredigs
10-25-2017, 01:11 AM
Is Curry a better defender then Wall. I know about his offense.

Seems like a smarter team defender for sure (he's a top team defender at PG so not a slight on Wall), but Wall has him in ISO clearly. Wall's also a really underrated passer, but again the whole "best all around" thing does not make much sense to me if he's simply not as impactful as another player, regardless of where they get the bulk of their impact. I'm not trying to single you out, it's a general comment that has just always confused me.

More-Than-Most
10-25-2017, 02:41 AM
Seems like a smarter team defender for sure (he's a top team defender at PG so not a slight on Wall), but Wall has him in ISO clearly. Wall's also a really underrated passer, but again the whole "best all around" thing does not make much sense to me if he's simply not as impactful as another player, regardless of where they get the bulk of their impact. I'm not trying to single you out, it's a general comment that has just always confused me.

not really hard to be a team defender when you have 3 other all world defenders along side of you. Klay/Durant/Green are all defensive guys... you could put a guy with no legs on the court and he could defend with that kind of help.

tredigs
10-25-2017, 03:09 AM
not really hard to be a team defender when you have 3 other all world defenders along side of you. Klay/Durant/Green are all defensive guys... you could put a guy with no legs on the court and he could defend with that kind of help.

It is, actually. You still have to know how to play elite team D and buy in/put in the effort. There's a ton that goes into it. Curry does this (if you need it broken down - which it seems you do - I can link you videos that lay out all that goes on). Your comment comes off as someone who has never coached or played on a team with a glaring weak link defensively.

More-Than-Most
10-25-2017, 03:56 AM
It is, actually. You still have to know how to play elite team D and buy in/put in the effort. There's a ton that goes into it. Curry does this (if you need it broken down - which it seems you do - I can link you videos that lay out all that goes on). Your comment comes off as someone who has never coached or played on a team with a glaring weak link defensively.

so your telling me a few videos over an 82 game season and the notion of coaching something with a weakness is your justification that curry is a good team defender? There was a reason he was attacked and cost you guys what should have been a 3 peat... Curry is a bad man to man defender and at best a medicore defender on a great defensive team... Fun note if you put IT in place of Curry he would probably look like a good defender as well when it comes to team defense because all he would have to do is guard the worst player on the team while green/klay/Durant do the dirty work... Curry is what he is... Kyrie is what he is... IT is what he is... Curry is clearly a better defender than those 2 but his team defense is a product of the team... You wanna see some video of him getting blown by only for someone to shy away because of green? Videos work both ways... Again curry makes up for it because of his offense and defensive metrics suck so yea the eye test is currently what is needed esp when it comes to defensive team stats but curry has done nothing outside of playing 5 feet off of his man because he knows damn well where his bread is buttered and the net that is provided for him by those guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLDQ5XAS-Aw

Man look at him go... you see guys flying all over the place while he stands and watches the ball... He plays off because he can because its smart because he knows if he plays up they fly passed him and even then he still has the ridiculous help to cover even that up.

More-Than-Most
10-25-2017, 04:01 AM
He does try... He is smart because he knows exactly what he should and shouldnt do with what kind of help he has behind him... Amazing talent.. top 3 in basketball but i dont see the great defense that you do... I see a guy that plays off more often than not and relies heavily on guys behind him or missed shots... Again he will dive for a ball or run up and down all game long trying his best but his defense is exactly what it is and that is bad

goingfor28
10-25-2017, 04:22 AM
Clippers look better than I expected. 3 double digit wins, 2 of which were blowouts. Granted 2 were vs LAL and PHO, but you can only play whoever's on your schedule.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

warfelg
10-25-2017, 11:44 AM
Colangelo proving heís an incompetent big collared douche:
https://twitter.com/sixerdelphia/status/923212526497779712

ugottabjoshinme
10-25-2017, 11:51 AM
Lauri Markkanen sure can shoot. Portis breaking Mirotic's face is the best thing that could have happened to the Bulls.

hugepatsfan
10-25-2017, 12:16 PM
Am I being crazy to think BOS has a shot of Jaylen Brown winning MIP at age 21 and Tatum winning ROY at 19? At least something to get excited about with the Hayward injury crushing any dreams of actually contending.

warfelg
10-25-2017, 12:26 PM
Wouldnít be shocked if Brown could be in MIP contention.

I feel like Simmons is on the ďMy ROY award to loseĒ type pace already though. 3 double doubles and a triple double; while at the same time showing that he does have some range and is proving to not be a liability defensively.

tredigs
10-25-2017, 01:50 PM
so your telling me a few videos over an 82 game season and the notion of coaching something with a weakness is your justification that curry is a good team defender? There was a reason he was attacked and cost you guys what should have been a 3 peat... Curry is a bad man to man defender and at best a medicore defender on a great defensive team... Fun note if you put IT in place of Curry he would probably look like a good defender as well when it comes to team defense because all he would have to do is guard the worst player on the team while green/klay/Durant do the dirty work... Curry is what he is... Kyrie is what he is... IT is what he is... Curry is clearly a better defender than those 2 but his team defense is a product of the team... You wanna see some video of him getting blown by only for someone to shy away because of green? Videos work both ways... Again curry makes up for it because of his offense and defensive metrics suck so yea the eye test is currently what is needed esp when it comes to defensive team stats but curry has done nothing outside of playing 5 feet off of his man because he knows damn well where his bread is buttered and the net that is provided for him by those guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLDQ5XAS-Aw

Man look at him go... you see guys flying all over the place while he stands and watches the ball... He plays off because he can because its smart because he knows if he plays up they fly passed him and even then he still has the ridiculous help to cover even that up.

Having a great defense is a nice safety net for man defense especially, but nothing about understanding the opposing teams offensive sets and how to best counter them, when to hedge/jump picks, where to rotate, when to go for the off ball steal (while avoiding the foul), where to position yourself for the rebound while still having the ability to close-out, or just the general vigor to stay motivated/engaged on that end are predicated on your teammates. That's on the player, and thinking that dumping a guy like Kyrie on the Warriors would magically make him elite at all these facets because his man mark would sometimes be easier is pretty foolish to say the least. I would not contest that Curry is an elite PG defender (as some do) because he's definitely exploitable in iso (especially against a guy like Kyrie... though who isn't exactly?...), but even there he is fine by and large. I would hope that you understand that a main reason he is attempted to be ISO'd as often as he is by certain teams is 2 fold: 1) they have elite man 2 man defenders and he is a chink in the armor, 2) it's the best and sometimes only way to slow him down offensively by attempting to tire him out (and vice versa the Warriors want him to have as much energy as possible for his O).

Here's some stats and video breadkowns (not just 2 second cuts) to help you out here.

Coach Nick breakdown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsKCyNvnt7k

Stats compared to other PGs: https://cleaningtheglass.com/stats/player/787

Article breakdown (with video): http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/12648764/how-stephen-curry-developed-top-flight-defender

Combo stats/video/article breakdown: http://thesportsquotient.com/nba/2016/4/18/why-steph-curry-is-still-underrated-defensively

A top PG defender? No. Not good enough in man to man against the elite (tho' again, few are). Very smart, solid, + defender, and elite team defender? Without question.

MTM: bro w/e we allll saw the finals bro

More-Than-Most
10-25-2017, 04:01 PM
Colangelo proving heís an incompetent big collared douche:
https://twitter.com/sixerdelphia/status/923212526497779712

i hate him so much.

Scoots
10-26-2017, 07:44 PM
I really like the Raptors so far this year. With the Celtics losing Hayward the Raps may be the top threat to the Cavs this year.

How are the Wizards doing?

Scoots
10-26-2017, 07:45 PM
i hate him so much.

In fairness ... it's common press-speak. Don't be real, give nothing away.

tredigs
10-27-2017, 02:05 PM
I really like the Raptors so far this year. With the Celtics losing Hayward the Raps may be the top threat to the Cavs this year.

How are the Wizards doing?
Lol c'mon did you miss the last 5 years? Nothing significant has changed for them, and we know how this story ends.

I think the Celtics are the only team with a chance in the East, and only if they get Hayward back before the playoffs (he needs to build some continuity with the starters, or if not accept a bench role as he slows back in, which could actually make them very scary).

The Wizards are 1 major piece short as is.

The Bucks could have been interesting as early as next year if Jabari stayed healthy, but I don't have much hope for them if it's just Giannis and Middleton.

warfelg
10-27-2017, 02:17 PM

I'm interested in what Kelley Oubre does once Morris is back.

hugepatsfan
10-27-2017, 02:17 PM
Wouldnít be shocked if Brown could be in MIP contention.

I feel like Simmons is on the ďMy ROY award to loseĒ type pace already though. 3 double doubles and a triple double; while at the same time showing that he does have some range and is proving to not be a liability defensively.

Definitely true on Simmons. Got a little carried away there... don't think Tatum or anyone will touch him.

warfelg
10-27-2017, 02:28 PM
Definitely true on Simmons. Got a little carried away there... don't think Tatum or anyone will touch him.

I don't want to put it as no one has a shot...Other guys definitely do.

But I think Simmons low key took all that "how good is he really" and "Bell is better" things to heart and is out to prove people wrong. I think it's one of the low key things he took from LBJ.

tredigs
10-27-2017, 02:31 PM
Too early for MVP talk? Here's my way-too-early Top 5 in no order:

LeBron: 28/7/9 on a 68% TS and .294 WS/48 (37.6 mpg). What athleticism he's lost has been made up for in floor intelligence. He is casually dominant and sees the game in slow motion at this point.

Marc Gasol: 25/10/3 on a 63% TS and .240 WS/48 (34.8 mpg). Just doing it on both ends for an overachieving Grizz team. I have reservations if he can keep it up at 33 but he's earned the nod for now.

Steph Curry: 29/4/6 on a 68% TS and .333 WS/48 (32.6 mpg). Curry's added a little mass to his frame and is seeking much more contact this year. Deadly improvement if it maintains.

Blake Griffin: 27/10/5 on a 64% TS and .341 WS/48 (34.5 mpg). Healthy Blake + own team = beautiful thing. Capped off the undefeated opening slate with a buzzer beater 3 to boot.

Giannis: 35/10/6 on 68% TS and .349 WS/48 (39.2 mpg). This production probably is not sustainable to this level, and the Bucks probably won't have the record that warrants winning MVP, but without question we're seeing the Greek Phoenix rise in front of us.

lol, please
10-27-2017, 02:38 PM
Lol c'mon did you miss the last 5 years? Nothing significant has changed for them, and we know how this story ends.

I think the Celtics are the only team with a chance in the East, and only if they get Hayward back before the playoffs (he needs to build some continuity with the starters, or if not accept a bench role as he slows back in, which could actually make them very scary).

The Bucks could have been interesting as early as next year if Jabari stayed healthy, but I don't have much hope for them if it's just Giannis and Middleton.

If you mean the Raptors, they have been steadily getting better and have been on the cusp of a finals appearance for several seasons, in the weak east.

I think the Cavaliers are worse if anything.

That said if Hayward was healthy the Celtics are my pick for eastern conference champions.

thegerman
10-27-2017, 02:43 PM
cavs will go back to the finals again this year, cause they got lebron

tredigs
10-27-2017, 02:53 PM
If you mean the Raptors, they have been steadily getting better and have been on the cusp of a finals appearance for several seasons, in the weak east.

I think the Cavaliers are worse if anything.

That said if Hayward was healthy the Celtics are my pick for eastern conference champions.
I mean the Raptors got swept by an average margin of 15 points a game last year. I mean I know you love them but they're not really on the cusp of anything imo.

lol, please
10-27-2017, 03:17 PM
I mean the Raptors got swept by an average margin of 15 points a game last year. I mean I know you love them but they're not really on the cusp of anything imo.

And every season I hope they cash the checks I write with my big mouth.

:D

At least it's a reason for me to watch the eastern conference playoffs lol, the only other team in the east that interests me are the Celtics recently.

thegerman
10-27-2017, 03:30 PM
the wizards really are a threat, but their bench is just too bad I think

lol, please
10-27-2017, 03:36 PM
the wizards really are a threat, but their bench is just too bad I think

I lol'd

warfelg
10-27-2017, 04:52 PM
3 teams have player jersey sales in the top 10 this year:

Warriors, duh (Curry/Durant)
Cavs, duh (James/Love)

Sixers... hmmmm (Simmons/Embiid)

No Rockets, Cavs, or Thunder who you think would be up there with offseason additions.

tredigs
10-27-2017, 05:01 PM
3 teams have player jersey sales in the top 10 this year:

Warriors, duh (Curry/Durant)
Cavs, duh (James/Love)

Sixers... hmmmm (Simmons/Embiid)

No Rockets, Cavs, or Thunder who you think would be up there with offseason additions.

Would like to see the link where they get the info. Seems like only a week of sales I guess but surprising to see LBJ back over Curry.

Scoots
10-27-2017, 05:21 PM

Smith
James
Crowder
Love
Thompson

The Warriors don't go fully small with Green at center very often really. I was commenting elsewhere that the Warriors actually have 5 fairly traditional centers (Zaza, West, McGee, Jones, Looney) and 1 traditional PF in Bell, and usually one of them is on the floor because they want to save the undersized Green for when they really need him in that "small" lineup. The Warriors smallest player is Curry at 6'3", everyone else is listed 6'7" or taller so even their "small" lineups are not TOO small.

The Cavs guys don't seem to move all the time and don't pass and move with discipline ... other than Korver, and they don't really all set screens for each other either. If they are trying to run that offense they are not doing a very good job at it.

eDush
10-28-2017, 12:46 PM

Smith
James
Crowder
Love
Thompson

The Warriors don't go fully small with Green at center very often really. I was commenting elsewhere that the Warriors actually have 5 fairly traditional centers (Zaza, West, McGee, Jones, Looney) and 1 traditional PF in Bell, and usually one of them is on the floor because they want to save the undersized Green for when they really need him in that "small" lineup. The Warriors smallest player is Curry at 6'3", everyone else is listed 6'7" or taller so even their "small" lineups are not TOO small.

The Cavs guys don't seem to move all the time and don't pass and move with discipline ... other than Korver, and they don't really all set screens for each other either. If they are trying to run that offense they are not doing a very good job at it.
We don't play our death lineup as much anymore unless we are down by double digits against teams who likes to run isolated sets and runs the clock down before scoring. Not too many teams run that kinda offense anymore for obvious reasons :nod:

warfelg
10-29-2017, 04:33 PM

Fultz out indefinitely.

tredigs
10-29-2017, 04:58 PM

Fultz out indefinitely.

Well at least the Sixers are consistent. See you in the 2019 season Markelle.

warfelg
11-01-2017, 12:18 PM
Jahlil Okafor asked to be bought out or traded following the Sixers not picking up his option.

kobe4thewinbang
11-01-2017, 06:08 PM
Jahlil Okafor asked to be bought out or traded following the Sixers not picking up his option.Still wondering why it has been so tough to find a deal for this kid. Is it the fight, that he's "fat", or what?! He went #1 for a reason, right? Why they so quick to give up on him?

kobe4thewinbang
11-01-2017, 06:12 PM
So the OKC Thunder organization has until midnight presumably to finalize a deal that acquires them a player worth $4m or so. Any idea who they should try to nab, or who's unhappy? They already shed dead weight in Kanter, Oladipo, etc. I would say maybe Faried from Nuggets, but again not sure what they would have to give up in return. Seems they would be taking a player and a cap hold from another team, so they have some bargaining power.

Link: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/11/thunder-trade-exception-set-to-expire.html?fv-home=true&post-id=78562

Westbrook, PG-13 and Hoodie Melo been balling so far and even Adams had 20 the other night (they still lost, smh). But they could use another solid role player for $4m. All they got is Grant, Adams, Roberson (lol) and Patterson, I think.

warfelg
11-01-2017, 06:38 PM
Still wondering why it has been so tough to find a deal for this kid. Is it the fight, that he's "fat", or what?! He went #1 for a reason, right? Why they so quick to give up on him?

Well first off he went #3. And he's not that great. He's a poor rebounding poor defending back to the basket work the post big.

kobe4thewinbang
11-01-2017, 08:20 PM
Well first off he went #3. And he's not that great. He's a poor rebounding poor defending back to the basket work the post big.:laugh: Dang, I forgot that! Such a screwy draft, honestly. Did have KAT and Porzingas and my boy D'Lo in it. Devin Booker, too. Everybody else, jury's still out.

Anyway...I see. Nothing worse than a poor rebounding big man. Took a look at his stats.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/okafoja01.html

Had a stronger rookie season, which is odd. I don't know. He seems "okay" to me. Gets a block a game, had 7 rebounds his rookie season. Falling to eight less minutes per game his sophomore season, he snatched 3 less rebounds. Doesn't foul much, but fell 17ppg to 11ppg which is stark.

Still, nothing cringe-worthy though. Not Hibbert-level atrocious big man ineffectiveness. Those kind of big men aren't extinct yet. I think they might be having a comeback, but sure, he could improve for sure, i.e. what a new team atmosphere should do for him. People diss D'Lo for his effort and work ethic; any reports of Okafor doing the same? I think the "fat" thing might've stirred from a similar situation.

warfelg
11-01-2017, 08:48 PM
:laugh: Dang, I forgot that! Such a screwy draft, honestly. Did have KAT and Porzingas and my boy D'Lo in it. Devin Booker, too. Everybody else, jury's still out.

Anyway...I see. Nothing worse than a poor rebounding big man. Took a look at his stats.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/okafoja01.html

Had a stronger rookie season, which is odd. I don't know. He seems "okay" to me. Gets a block a game, had 7 rebounds his rookie season. Falling to eight less minutes per game his sophomore season, he snatched 3 less rebounds. Doesn't foul much, but fell 17ppg to 11ppg which is stark.

Still, nothing cringe-worthy though. Not Hibbert-level atrocious big man ineffectiveness. Those kind of big men aren't extinct yet. I think they might be having a comeback, but sure, he could improve for sure, i.e. what a new team atmosphere should do for him. People diss D'Lo for his effort and work ethic; any reports of Okafor doing the same? I think the "fat" thing might've stirred from a similar situation.

Aside from his historically terrible defensive stats his rookie year you mean?

Scoots
11-02-2017, 08:38 AM
Interesting that Wade pointed out that the new rule with fewer and shorter timeouts available is hurting the Cavs because they have to go longer without rest. Those longer runs also increase the odds of older players getting injured as they maybe push beyond what their bodies are telling them. The reduction in timeouts now also means there are fewer "normal" rotations a coach can plan on.

warfelg
11-02-2017, 08:58 AM
Interesting that Wade pointed out that the new rule with fewer and shorter timeouts available is hurting the Cavs because they have to go longer without rest. Those longer runs also increase the odds of older players getting injured as they maybe push beyond what their bodies are telling them. The reduction in timeouts now also means there are fewer "normal" rotations a coach can plan on.

Eh. Few other teams seem to be struggling with that same thing.

Send your group to the table and get a foul.

Scoots
11-02-2017, 02:31 PM
I travel a lot so I end up watching games with various local announcing crews. The Clippers guys are actually pretty good overall, but Ralph Lawler's "Bingo" call for a made 3 is like nails on a chalk board to me.

kobe4thewinbang
11-03-2017, 12:22 AM
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/11/community-shootaround-early-season-surprises.html?fv-home=true&post-id=78678

The Magic are 6-2, y'all! "AIR"-on Gordon as I call him dropped a career high 40 something, too...

Giannis willed his team to that wild win a little while back and other than "meh" assists is straight balling! MVP favorite?

Ben Simmons looking like ROY, even though I am one of the people against guys like him being eligible. Lonzo playing catchup...

kobe4thewinbang
11-03-2017, 12:23 AM
Aside from his historically terrible defensive stats his rookie year you mean?Do you mean advanced stats? I don't see anything that bad compared to when I look at other players.

Scoots
11-05-2017, 07:42 PM
Spurs were top in the west, then lost 3 in a row, Clippers were top in the west, lost 4 of 5. Rockets are tops now ... what ill will befall them?

tredigs
11-06-2017, 11:18 PM
Thought my feelings on the Celtics being in the best position to win the East went down the drain with the Hayward injury, but it sure does not feel that way right now. They're getting the immediate-impact player they hoped for in Tatum, Kyrie has bought in seamlessly, and Brown made a bigger jump than they could have hoped for. On the Cavs end, even with IT set to return at some point, to me that was always a big wildcard because A) We don't know what he's going to look like post injury (+ have major reason for concern that it won't be the IT of last season) and B) It's highly unlikely that they'll have time to find full cohesion, if even that team has that as a potential.

Now you have to be careful with 10 game over-reactions, but the major issue with Cleveland is their D, and that is only set to get worse with the return of IT. They are VERY fortunate the Celtics do not have Hayward. As is, it's still looking like a potential upset in the making. Especially if they finish with a low enough record that they have to fight a team like Washington in the 1st round.

I'm hoping the Celtics get Hayward back late in the season and are able to work him into the rotation (or at least as a super-sub) by the Conference Finals. Much rather see them in the Final 2 over Cleveland.

GREATNESS ONE
11-07-2017, 12:05 AM
Well first off he went #3. And he's not that great. He's a poor rebounding poor defending back to the basket work the post big.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jkkzunl

Down? Lol

warfelg
11-07-2017, 07:42 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jkkzunl

Down? Lol

God no.

Scoots
11-07-2017, 04:32 PM
ESPN's power rankings (which are always terrible) are interesting at the moment because 2 of the top 5 teams in the East are the Pistons and Magic.

warfelg
11-07-2017, 06:38 PM
Giannis is getting his own Nike Signature shoe.

Scoots
11-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Just found it interesting that Harden scored 57 with 634 dribbles and last year Klay scored 60 with 11 dribbles. I'm not trying to equate the two in ANY way. Just found the dichotomy interesting. Clearly Harden IS the Rockets offense and Klay is the 4th most important Warrior.

Scoots
11-08-2017, 03:48 PM
MVP race ...
Giannis is on a losing team.
LeBron is on a losing team and he has that multi-mvp hangover where he has to significantly top what won it for him last time.
Westbrook is on a losing team.
Kawhi has missed too many games.

Harden?
Porzingas?
Cousins?
Griffin?

Who's the current leader for you?

I think, right now, it's probably Harden.

Giannis94
11-08-2017, 09:45 PM
MVP race ...
LeBron is on a losing team and he has that multi-mvp hangover where he has to significantly top what won it for him last time.

Harden?
Porzingas?
Cousins?
Griffin?

Giannis because no other team has a HC holding the best player in NBA history back like Giannis does. I also think we need to consider Judas for executive of the year. And not MVP per se.

Scoots
11-09-2017, 09:35 AM
Giannis because no other team has a HC holding the best player in NBA history back like Giannis does. I also think we need to consider Judas for executive of the year. And not MVP per se.

You are right, Michael Jordan was held back by his coaches for years.

tredigs
11-09-2017, 01:18 PM
MVP race ...

Harden?
Porzingas?
Cousins?
Griffin?

Harden got himself set up the best between narrative, team wins and production. Then probably Kyrie, who has the 1st two above the field and is somewhat making up for the lack of production with highlights (and sadly I'm being serious). Next up is Curry who has the production and wins, but no narrative. Porz will be in the mix if they finish above 50 wins, and ditto Giannis. Uphill battle for both on that front though.

Scoots
11-09-2017, 01:32 PM
Harden got himself set up the best between narrative, team wins and production. Then probably Kyrie, who has the 1st two above the field and is somewhat making up for the lack of production with highlights (and sadly I'm being serious). Next up is Curry who has the production and wins, but no narrative. Porz will be in the mix if they finish above 50 wins, and ditto Giannis. Uphill battle for both on that front though.

Cousins and AD could be in the mix too if they get to 50 wins.

If the Warriors finish 10 games better than 2nd place (not that it's likely) I think it would be tough to leave Curry and KD out of the running.

Giannis94
11-09-2017, 03:39 PM
You are right, Michael Jordan was held back by his coaches for years.

nah, you know who we talking about, doe!

FlashBolt
11-09-2017, 03:50 PM
Curry and KD has had some pretty pedestrian games and came off winning by double digits. I'm not convinced there is an MVP-type degree of expression coming from those two.

LeBron is not going to win it at this rate. Team is losing and if IT is the reason they start winning games more effectively than it speaks negatively of LeBron. I can't blame LeBron, though. His teammates have been underachieving. You can't expect a 32 year old LeBron to continue figuring things out for everyone. J.R. Smith hitting a few shots here and there would have changed their start immensely.

Kawhi's probably out of it. Missing way too many games at this point.

KP has a chance if they crack 50 wins and he keeps it up.

Giannis probably won't as I don't believe they'll get the amount of wins.

If I had to choose one right now, I'd go with Harden.

tredigs
11-09-2017, 04:07 PM
Warriors have a +21.7 net rating with Curry on the court (392 minutes). And a -10.7 with him off (184 minutes). A net of +32.4. That is unparralleled. KD is 2nd on the Warriors at +18.4, and that is likely in part due to the amount of extra minutes he is playing alongside Curry. Last year Draymond was 2nd for them in that regard, when coincidentally he was playing alongside Curry more often.

They would still be elite without Curry now that they have KD, but they are legendary with him (as they were without KD).

Scoots
11-09-2017, 06:47 PM
nah, you know who we talking about, doe!

"We"? Nah. You. Just.

ewing
11-10-2017, 11:04 AM
Warriors have a +21.7 net rating with Curry on the court (392 minutes). And a -10.7 with him off (184 minutes). A net of +32.4. That is unparralleled. KD is 2nd on the Warriors at +18.4, and that is likely in part due to the amount of extra minutes he is playing alongside Curry. Last year Draymond was 2nd for them in that regard, when coincidentally he was playing alongside Curry more often.

They would still be elite without Curry now that they have KD, but they are legendary with him (as they were without KD).

I will never forget the day Curry surpassed +21 in net rating.

Giannis94
11-10-2017, 12:44 PM
"We"? Nah. You. Just.

No need to troll. we all know who the GOAT is. And it's not MJ. Way too subjective to call him that when you get LBJ and Giannis right there. And I think we all know who is the superior player between those 3.

eDush
11-10-2017, 12:46 PM
"We"? Nah. You. Just.

No need to troll. we all know who the GOAT is. And it's not MJ. Way too subjective to call him that when you get LBJ and Giannis right there. And I think we all know who is the superior player between those 3.He's the resident grammar nazi but not a troll. He doesn't have the knack for that honor yet...
:no:

warfelg
11-10-2017, 12:47 PM
MJ is the superior of the 3.

Heediot
11-10-2017, 12:50 PM
No need to troll. we all know who the GOAT is. And it's not MJ. Way too subjective to call him that when you get LBJ and Giannis right there. And I think we all know who is the superior player between those 3.

MJ. Those other guys may be argued to be more athletic/physical in their primes (Greek soon to come). But Jordan was the whole package, athleticism, iq, feel, and killer instinct. Greek doesn't have the same feel as Lebron IMO.

Giannis94
11-10-2017, 12:54 PM
MJ. Those other guys may be argued to be more athletic/physical in their primes (Greek soon to come). But Jordan was the whole package, athleticism, iq, feel, and killer instinct. Greek doesn't have the same feel as Lebron IMO.

Judas was an NBA player at 16. Giannis had to you know, actually develop into one. I'll take my chances on Giannis of the 3. His potential surpasses the other two.

warfelg
11-10-2017, 12:56 PM

I wish we could see Greek and LeBron play in the era of hand checking, slowed pace, midrange loving 80's and 90's. Greek would have been relegated to a Rodman type role since he can't shoot. LeBron would have ended up a teams Scottie Pippen because it would have been harder to get to the rim. I would give the advantage to LeBron because he's the better (at his peak) one-on-one player of the two, but MJ was next level.

Early years MJ would be killing it if he was a 3rd-5th year player in the NBA right now. He would be doing Harden level stuff with near Westbrook explosion.

Add to boot MJ was an elite defender.

eDush
11-10-2017, 12:58 PM

I wish we could see Greek and LeBron play in the era of hand checking, slowed pace, midrange loving 80's and 90's. Greek would have been relegated to a Rodman type role since he can't shoot. LeBron would have ended up a teams Scottie Pippen because it would have been harder to get to the rim. I would give the advantage to LeBron because he's the better (at his peak) one-on-one player of the two, but MJ was next level.

Early years MJ would be killing it if he was a 3rd-5th year player in the NBA right now. He would be doing Harden level stuff with near Westbrook explosion.

Add to boot MJ was an elite defender.Agree - good post! :nod:

Heediot
11-10-2017, 01:02 PM
Judas was an NBA player at 16. Giannis had to you know, actually develop into one. I'll take my chances on Giannis of the 3. His potential surpasses the other two.

I respect your opinion, even if I don't agree.

Giannis94
11-10-2017, 01:03 PM

So you're saying that MJ= (((1/2) * (Harden))+ ((1/2)*(Westy))

Intersting. I thought mj was better than that

Heediot
11-10-2017, 01:06 PM

Valid points all around. I think Bron with his size could still get to the hole with ease, but if he brang that cockiness, you know Oakley, Xavier McDaniel, Mason, Rodman and those guys would make him think twice. But his lack of mid-range game would of made him easier to defend back then is very true. All those guys who took it to the hole a lot as guards/wings had very respectable mid-range games. MJ, Clyde, Isiah, KJ, Nique etc...

I think Jordan's defense ages better vs. Bron too. Bron looks like he slipping already on that end. Jordan was elite until he retired the 2nd time.

warfelg
11-10-2017, 01:09 PM
Except that's not what I said.

Also Harden and Westy are two great players. What you would get with the best assets of both would be amazing.

warfelg
11-10-2017, 01:11 PM
Valid points all around. I think Bron with his size could still get to the hole with ease, but if he brang that cockiness, you know Oakley, Xavier McDaniel, Mason, Rodman and those guys would make him think twice. But his lack of mid-range game would of made him easier to defend back then is very true. All those guys who took it to the hole a lot as guards/wings had very respectable mid-range games. MJ, Clyde, Isiah, KJ, Nique etc...

I think Jordan's defense ages better vs. Bron too. Bron looks like he slipping already on that end. Jordan was elite until he retired the 2nd time.

Defensively I think Bron just wants to coast a few games. He can still be really good when he wants to. But he spends too much time playing passing lanes and weak side blocks for highlights rather than down and gritty level defense. Its why Iggy still gets it done on that end.

Giannis94
11-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Except that's not what I said.

Also Harden and Westy are two great players. What you would get with the best assets of both would be amazing.

Its kinda crazy to think that Okc had those two plus KD

IKnowHoops
11-10-2017, 05:59 PM

What is Lebron?

IKnowHoops
11-10-2017, 06:01 PM

No

warfelg
11-10-2017, 06:05 PM
Care to expand?

ewing
11-10-2017, 06:35 PM
No

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giannis94
11-10-2017, 09:46 PM
Care to expand?

No. He doesnít know hoops. His username is fake news

FlashBolt
11-10-2017, 10:43 PM
Care to expand?

"Greek would have been a Rodman-type role." No he wouldn't, LMAO. That's laughable. Jordan was never as explosive as Westbrook, for one. Second, who would LeBron play Pippen to? He's one of the best scorers in NBA history but you make it seem as if he would have difficulty in attacking the rim and thus, have to play second fiddle. A lack of zoning actually made it quite easy for Jordan to beat his defender and get to the basket fairly easily. Jordan 1-9 in the playoffs without Pippen but you're supposed to make me believe that he was far better than any basketball player? No way. LeBron+MJ+KAJ+Wilt are on the same tier. Only reason MJ is above LeBron is because I can't get past the Mavs series and he wasn't as successful in the Finals.

Giannis94
11-10-2017, 10:55 PM
"Greek would have been a Rodman-type role." No he wouldn't, LMAO. That's laughable. Jordan was never as explosive as Westbrook, for one. Second, who would LeBron play Pippen to? He's one of the best scorers in NBA history but you make it seem as if he would have difficulty in attacking the rim and thus, have to play second fiddle. A lack of zoning actually made it quite easy for Jordan to beat his defender and get to the basket fairly easily. Jordan 1-9 in the playoffs without Pippen but you're supposed to make me believe that he was far better than any basketball player? No way. LeBron+MJ+KAJ+Wilt are on the same tier. Only reason MJ is above LeBron is because I can't get past the Mavs series and he wasn't as successful in the Finals.
so I assume you ageee with me thst Giannis> anyone else you mentioned?

IKnowHoops
11-11-2017, 10:57 AM
Care to expand?

Lebrun would be a better Magic, and Giannis would of been Dream before he would be relegated to Rodman status.

warfelg
11-11-2017, 11:27 AM

I put Giannis there because in those days they wouldn't have let him handle the ball, and then there's the lack of a consistent jumper. Coaches back in those days would use him as a rebounder, post player, and defender.

LeBron would be Pippen like. Play a role like him. His propensity to pass more than shoot would push him more into a role like that. LeBron came along at a great time that he had a skillset that fit a changing NBA that was getting more open.

Giannis, LeBron, Simmons, guys like that...I think they would have struggled in an era of hand checking and busy lanes.

Scoots
11-11-2017, 07:16 PM
https://twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/928649637308829696/photo/1

Interesting view of this seasons offensive and defensive ratings. Higher is better D, more to the right is better O.

Scoots
11-12-2017, 12:50 AM
Love is going off on Dallas and Noel doesn't get 1 minute of PT. What is going on with him and Dallas?

IKnowHoops
11-12-2017, 02:05 AM
Yes

No

kobe4thewinbang
11-12-2017, 04:30 PM
Who likes the new Lakers jerseys? Going back to more of a yellow or light gold than the darker golden color?

Also, the teams are now allowed to wear whichever jersey they want for road games so long as it is not the same color as the home team, and the home team can also pick whichever want they want. Nike and the league agreed to this, but I think it's been hella confusing and just awkward.

My Lakers are rocking their yellows all the time now it seems on the road. Have they even worn the purple more than once, maybe?

warfelg
11-12-2017, 04:50 PM
Also, the teams are now allowed to wear whichever jersey they want for road games so long as it is not the same color as the home team, and the home team can also pick whichever want they want. Nike and the league agreed to this, but I think it's been hella confusing and just awkward.

My Lakers are rocking their yellows all the time now it seems on the road. Have they even worn the purple more than once, maybe?

I hate that. Other than the Lakers it gets confusing.

warfelg
11-12-2017, 05:05 PM
Rudy Gobert out 6-8 weeks with a bone bruise in his knee.

kobe4thewinbang
11-12-2017, 05:56 PM
Rudy Gobert out 6-8 weeks with a bone bruise in his knee.Again? Going the way of Bynum. He got hurt in the playoffs, then Hayward got hurt in the playoffs, now he's hurt again? I like Rudy a lot, but damn!

Scoots
11-12-2017, 06:27 PM
Again? Going the way of Bynum. He got hurt in the playoffs, then Hayward got hurt in the playoffs, now he's hurt again? I like Rudy a lot, but damn!

You stand still while a 200+ lb man dives at your knees and see what happens.

warfelg
11-12-2017, 06:53 PM
You stand still while a 200+ lb man dives at your knees and see what happens.

You mean you don't have Superman's knees? You got screwed.

Scoots
11-12-2017, 07:54 PM
You mean you don't have Superman's knees? You got screwed.

LOL, I can't play anymore my knees are so messed up, when winter comes I have trouble walking. It's just a matter of time until I need to replace the joints is my guess.

More-Than-Most
11-13-2017, 07:28 AM
https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

Just saying.... On top of that the sixers could easily be 8-4 currently. We will likely remain the hardest schedule for the foreseeable future with our upcoming games being warriors/jazz/celtics/clippers/Pistons/Magic/Pelicans/Wolves/Cavs/Blazers with the suns/lakers mixed in.... What a brutal month.

ewing
11-13-2017, 09:28 AM

Just saying.... On top of that the sixers could easily be 8-4 currently. We will likely remain the hardest schedule for the foreseeable future with our upcoming games being warriors/jazz/celtics/clippers/Pistons/Magic/Pelicans/Wolves/Cavs/Blazers with the suns/lakers mixed in.... What a brutal month.

Wah

Scoots
11-13-2017, 09:30 AM

I saw a piece somewhere that said BPI said the Warriors had the hardest schedule to this point, but have the easiest remaining schedule. About time they start winning.

warfelg
11-13-2017, 09:33 AM
I saw a piece somewhere that said BPI said the Warriors had the hardest schedule to this point, but have the easiest remaining schedule. About time they start winning.

I think what makes the Sixers slightly harder is not only have only 3 of our games (IIRC) come against teams under .500; we've also only played 4 home games so far.

So out of 12 games 9 have come against teams with winning records and 8 have been at home.

I'm quite happy to be 6-6 at this point to be honest.

ewing
11-13-2017, 09:35 AM

BPI will say anything to get laid

Scoots
11-13-2017, 09:41 AM
BPI will say anything to get laid

Sluts

ewing
11-13-2017, 09:47 AM
I think what makes the Sixers slightly harder is not only have only 3 of our games (IIRC) come against teams under .500; we've also only played 4 home games so far.

So out of 12 games 9 have come against teams with winning records and 8 have been at home.

I'm quite happy to be 6-6 at this point to be honest.

Being on the road a lot can have an effect but at this point of the season I think these kinds of stats are dumb. The bottom feeders haven't quit yet, team with new additions are still figuring it out...

Heediot
11-13-2017, 09:54 AM

Young Jordan, even first decade or so Jordan was just as explosive as anyone in NBA history. Jordan for his size was strong as a bull too. LeBron is probably stronger just by sheer size, but pound for pound Jordan has a case of strength-size ratio with anyone. I'll give LBJ some benefit of the doubt as I see how his game has progressed. I think with James' work ethic, he would of worked on his mid range jumper earlier in his career. In his first dozen years or so, he didn't need to work on it as much as he knew that with the rules and how the game is played, he could dominate through speed and strength. You can tell he has been working on his three ball the past few off-seasons. But if this were back in the day, he'd be smart enough to know you need to work on the mid range more vs. other facets. What he is at a disadvantage vs. others who could drive in the past was his lack of a first step, and his agility is solid but not amongst the elite. Still I think he'd find away to be effective, you can't teach his physical package and overall athleticism. James would be more a beast on defense back then though, with him being able to hand-check he'd challenge Pippen and young Rodman for best perimeter defender IMO.

As for Giannis and Westbrook's game would take more of a hit. They are too dependent on their athleticism and lack the feel/iq of James. The game today's caters to their skills even with their shaky jumpers. Giannis would still be a crazy defender with his foot speed and length.

There is some validity as I re-check his numbers (born in 82 so I was too young to watch his early playoff days) as to his inability to win without Pippen. Still he popped over 40 one year and couldn't make it past the first round, gotta give MJ some credit with his uncanny ability to put the ball in the hoop. Theres an argument that he was more efficient his first 3 years vs. James, even though he didn't have the team success in the post season. Back then it was an inside out game too, nowadays it's more outside in game. Penetration is more key now, back then setting up the defense with post player was the norm. The rules help James' skill-set a tonne IMO, even when he was winning at a young age.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-13-2017, 10:19 AM
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/11/knicks-notes-kuzminskas-noah-oquinn-porzingis.html

Bucks interested in Knicks O'Quinn. I was hoping we go for any of O'Quinn, Dedmon, Noel, Withey, Bogut, Portis, Okafor, Koufos,Papagiannis. Chandler lost most of his mobility and just about done. Shocked the Bledsoe trade wasn't a little bit bigger including Chandler or Dudley. Chandler is a Kidd's guy.

Heediot
11-13-2017, 10:27 AM
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/11/knicks-notes-kuzminskas-noah-oquinn-porzingis.html

Bucks interested in Knicks O'Quinn. I was hoping we go for any of O'Quinn, Dedmon, Noel, Withey, Bogut, Portis, Okafor, Koufos,Papagiannis. Chandler lost most of his mobility and just about done. Shocked the Bledsoe trade wasn't a little bit bigger including Chandler or Dudley. Chandler is a Kidd's guy.

I like what he brings. Grit, toughness and rebounding. He'd definitely help the bucks down low with his play off the bench.

Scoots
11-13-2017, 10:49 AM

It's interesting that the Knicks have a problem dealing with 3 centers. The Warriors seem to be managing with 6 ... Zaza, McGee, West, Looney, Bell, Jones, and Green gets some minutes at center too.

warfelg
11-13-2017, 11:03 AM
It's interesting that the Knicks have a problem dealing with 3 centers. The Warriors seem to be managing with 6 ... Zaza, McGee, West, Looney, Bell, Jones, and Green gets some minutes at center too.

Lets be realistic here when you say stuff like that:

Bell and Green (and to some extent West) are PF's who log center minutes because of styles/matchup. Zaza, McGee, and Looney aren't logging 30 MPG. In fact I would be willing to bet that Looney/Jones/Bell don't see a ton of minutes and most have come in 20+ leads in the 4th quarter.

Having big leads can do amazing things when distributing minutes to a deep position.

hugepatsfan
11-13-2017, 11:17 AM
The problem with strength of schedule numbers so early is that if you're good you make your own schedule worse since the sample size is so small. For BOS, if instead of 12-2 we were 8-6 we'd have a much tougher strength of schedule as an example.

warfelg
11-13-2017, 11:23 AM
The problem with strength of schedule numbers so early is that if you're good you make your own schedule worse since the sample size is so small. For BOS, if instead of 12-2 we were 8-6 we'd have a much tougher strength of schedule as an example.

While I don't disagree, I think there can be caveats put to this.

Like the Boston SOS could be said to be 'weak' but at the same time they have faced a bunch of last years playoff teams. On the flip side, the Spurs were without KL, the Hawks are in tankland, and the Heat are...something.

Meanwhile the Sixers so far faces 3 of the top 4 east seeds, 2 games against a top 4 west seed, and the defending champs. That's 1/2 our games against 5 of the top 8 teams in the NBA last year. And all those teams either stayed the same or improved.

ewing
11-13-2017, 11:33 AM

The team started 0-3 and is 7 and 5 while getting excellent production from the position so I don't think they are having a problem. Right now Kanter, O"Qinn, and KP are all getting some mins at the center with Gomez on the outside looking in. Noah is returning to the team tonight so that is actually 5 guys that feel they have a claim to some mins at the spot most of whom can't play the 4. Its a bit of a log jam and for the team. the team is looking to the future and would like to get as good a look as possible at there young bigs.

warfelg
11-13-2017, 11:36 AM
The team started 0-3 and is 7 and 5 while getting excellent production from the position so I don't think they are having a problem. Right now Kanter, O"Qinn, and KP are all getting some mins at the center with Gomez on the outside looking in. Noah is returning to the team tonight so that is actually 5 guys that feel they have a claim to some mins at the spot most of whom can't play the 4. Its a bit of a log jam and for the team. the team is looking to the future and would like to get as good a look as possible at there young bigs.

Honestly.....If I were the Knicks I wouldn't force minutes to Noah.

hugepatsfan
11-13-2017, 11:40 AM
While I don't disagree, I think there can be caveats put to this.

Like the Boston SOS could be said to be 'weak' but at the same time they have faced a bunch of last years playoff teams. On the flip side, the Spurs were without KL, the Hawks are in tankland, and the Heat are...something.

Meanwhile the Sixers so far faces 3 of the top 4 east seeds, 2 games against a top 4 west seed, and the defending champs. That's 1/2 our games against 5 of the top 8 teams in the NBA last year. And all those teams either stayed the same or improved.

Yeah but it gets kind of circular. You're saying PHI's strength of schedule is so good because of they played top seeds from last year with great records but one of those top seeds is BOS whose 12-2 record strength of schedule would say isn't that good? So BOS gets knocked down for their strength of schedule but PHI gets credit on theirs for beating BOS?

Just as an example, BOS's opponent winning percentage is 50.3%. If instead of 12-2 we were 8-6 we'd have all of a sudden tops in the NBA opponents winning percentage.

The numbers just don't mean much to me yet because your own record too heavily influence your opponents' winning percentage since you make up such a high percentage of their games.

If your 76ers had won mroe games they wouldn't have such a tough strength of schedule and people would be saying "oh they're not for real" because of that compared to now which makes no sense since your team would have actually won more games.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-13-2017, 11:47 AM

Well the Noah contract doesn't help. Then trading for Kanter put more pressure on. Now they need to clear a roster spot cause Noah is back from suspension.

tredigs
11-13-2017, 12:22 PM
I can't believe a completely washed Joakim is in year 1 of that contract. I will never understand the Knicks.

warfelg
11-13-2017, 12:26 PM
Yeah but it gets kind of circular. You're saying PHI's strength of schedule is so good because of they played top seeds from last year with great records but one of those top seeds is BOS whose 12-2 record strength of schedule would say isn't that good? So BOS gets knocked down for their strength of schedule but PHI gets credit on theirs for beating BOS?

Just as an example, BOS's opponent winning percentage is 50.3%. If instead of 12-2 we were 8-6 we'd have all of a sudden tops in the NBA opponents winning percentage.

The numbers just don't mean much to me yet because your own record too heavily influence your opponents' winning percentage since you make up such a high percentage of their games.

If your 76ers had won mroe games they wouldn't have such a tough strength of schedule and people would be saying "oh they're not for real" because of that compared to now which makes no sense since your team would have actually won more games.

Well, what I was going with is not looking early on in the season as what the records say.

Even before the season started you could look at the Sixers playing 6 of the first 12 and seeing Boston, Washington, Toronto, Houston, Houston, GSW and know that was a brutal opening. The only team on our schedule that's been a 'surprise' tougher than expected off the record would be Detroit. As we get deeper into the season I'll start looking at the records, but as of now I tend to focus on what happened last year and did they improve or regress.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-13-2017, 12:29 PM
Shame Clippers are in win now mode yet. Jordan be another nice win now piece for my Bucks.

warfelg
11-13-2017, 12:34 PM
Shame Clippers are in win now mode yet. Jordan be another nice win now piece for my Bucks.

That's not really a surprise.

What would be a better get for you guys would be Bismak Byombo (or however you spell it). I think he would be a really nice fit defensively.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-13-2017, 12:37 PM
Biyombo's contract is bad. I think its like $17M per for 3 years. Yeesh. Also he slipped a bit after he left the Raptors. Trust me us Bucks fan been down the list of pretty much every trade scenario for another center.

ewing
11-13-2017, 12:38 PM
That's not really a surprise.

What would be a better get for you guys would be Bismak Byombo (or however you spell it). I think he would be a really nice fit defensively.

Itís tricky putting a big with no range on that team bc the guy that makes there offense go has little range so the big you are adding better be able to take advantage when his guy goes for that short double

warfelg
11-13-2017, 12:48 PM
Itís tricky putting a big with no range on that team bc the guy that makes there offense go has little range so the big you are adding better be able to take advantage when his guy goes for that short double

True.

Scoots
11-13-2017, 01:21 PM

Bell and Green (and to some extent West) are PF's who log center minutes because of styles/matchup. Zaza, McGee, and Looney aren't logging 30 MPG. In fact I would be willing to bet that Looney/Jones/Bell don't see a ton of minutes and most have come in 20+ leads in the 4th quarter.

Having big leads can do amazing things when distributing minutes to a deep position.

Bell and West get almost nothing but center minutes. And I did say that Green gets some ... I didn't include him in the list of centers on the roster. And of course none of them get 30 minutes a game. And Looney and Bell get minutes all over the place, not just in blowouts. Jones has spent the last couple weeks in Santa Cruz.

The reality is the Warriors are very good and deep at the other 4 positions and they don't really have someone capable of taking the center position. They all have limitations, but that's why they are cheap. Zaza sets the best screens and plays good position D but has stone hands, West is the smartest but just can't take the toll anymore, McGee is the 2nd most athletic and has more BBIQ than Jones (which should tell you how raw Jones is), Bell is small and still learning the game, Green can't take the toll of playing significant minutes at the 5. The result is regular rest nights for part of the rotation and Zaza averaging just 14 minutes, Looney just under 13, West 11, Bell 9, and McGee 9, and all but Zaza already have had 1 or 2 games off with DNPCD.

Scoots
11-13-2017, 01:24 PM

I didn't mean they didn't have enough players to fill the minutes, but rather that they are talking about the problem of finding enough minutes for the players they have.

Is Kanter playing D yet?

Scoots
11-13-2017, 01:27 PM
Biyombo's contract is bad. I think its like $17M per for 3 years. Yeesh. Also he slipped a bit after he left the Raptors. Trust me us Bucks fan been down the list of pretty much every trade scenario for another center.

The Warriors would probably trade you a center for a 2nd round pick and cash considerations :)

More-Than-Most
11-13-2017, 08:46 PM
Being on the road a lot can have an effect but at this point of the season I think these kinds of stats are dumb. The bottom feeders haven't quit yet, team with new additions are still figuring it out...

this is why i am so happy lol... we have an easy **** last month of the season when all these teams are barely trying and looking to get in the lottery lol

Scoots
11-13-2017, 10:22 PM

Just because I was curious I looked at when Looney got PT in the 2nd half vs the Sixers. He came in when the Warriors had a 2 pt lead with Curry, Thompson, KD, and Green. A few minutes later with a 7 point lead Green went to the bench and KD switched to PF, Thompson to SF, Young came in at SG, with Curry at PG and the run was on. 3 minutes later the lineup was Curr, Livingston, Young, KD, Looney and the lead was 10. Just over a minute later Green came in to play PF for KD and the lead at 14. A minute later Looney checked out. Looney played 15:07 in that game 4 points, 2 boards, 3 blocks, picked up 3 fouls and played some good D. Clutch time, not garbage time. It's odd, the Warriors decided not to pick up Looney's option and then started giving him significant PT once they decided he was going to be a UFA next year and he's been busting his *** to get that next contract.

ewing
11-14-2017, 12:12 AM
this is why i am so happy lol... we have an easy **** last month of the season when all these teams are barely trying and looking to get in the lottery lol

but Simmons and Embiid will be in suits

Giannis94
11-14-2017, 12:07 PM

And Fultz. can't forget him.

More-Than-Most
11-15-2017, 12:30 AM

Daymmmm we locking up a 2 seed a month and a half early? : )

Giannis94
11-15-2017, 12:56 AM
Daymmmm we locking up a 2 seed a month and a half early? : )
The only thing filly fans are familiar with the two seed for, is in regards to ping pong balls and the draft lottery odds.

So yes, filly very well may lock up the 2nd worst record in the next two months. Wait until the FO sees the can't miss next redshirt draft prospect. Then they will redshirt more players on the current team to get that record

More-Than-Most
11-15-2017, 01:53 AM
The only thing filly fans are familiar with the two seed for, is in regards to ping pong balls and the draft lottery odds.

So yes, filly very well may lock up the 2nd worst record in the next two months. Wait until the FO sees the can't miss next redshirt draft prospect. Then they will redshirt more players on the current team to get that record

You guys have what is suppose to be the best player in the world the past 2 years... yet still under 500 for that duration lol... I guess stats dont equate to wins HUH?

Vee-Rex
11-15-2017, 02:01 AM

:laugh2:

That's a good one - props on that post.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-15-2017, 08:52 AM
You guys have what is suppose to be the best player in the world the past 2 years... yet still under 500 for that duration lol... I guess stats dont equate to wins HUH?

Well Middleton missed first half of the season last year. Then Parker got injured the same game Middleton came back and Parker missed rest of the season. Also Middleton was gassed before we made playoffs. Also when we signed Moose a few years back we unloaded decent depth in Ersan,Zaza,Dudley. That was a step back. Also gave away Knight for junk. So kinda hard for Giannis to carry the team when our front office is very suspect to stupid moves. If it wasn't for Kidd prodding for MCW in that trade. If it was up to us Bucks fans we would of left out the 76ers in that trade and got the Lakers pick for Knight.

Giannis94
11-15-2017, 12:39 PM

why talk trash when you have a center that averages 11 games played per season. and shows no signs of slowing down? I'm just stating facts based on past trends. As far as i'm concerned those trends have stabilzied. So I need to see Embiid play in 74+ games for the amount of seasons he's missed, before you earn the right to talk crap.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-15-2017, 04:55 PM
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/11/central-notes-parker-bucks-pistons-cavs.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Mentions Pistons may consider a reunion with Monroe. But undecided to part with Leuer. Seems if they did the trade it be Leuer, Boban and a second round pick for Moose. Also article mentions if Cavs make some kinda trade it be expiring Frye and second round pick for a rim protector. Also mentions from Bucks officials according to Gery Woelfel that Parker could play today. But were gonna keep him out till February to be safe.

warfelg
11-15-2017, 09:09 PM
Robert Covington signed a 4 year $62 mil deal.

Take out this years cap bump:

4 years $47 mil.

Same as Tony Snell with better production at both ends.

More-Than-Most
11-15-2017, 09:22 PM
why talk trash when you have a center that averages 11 games played per season. and shows no signs of slowing down? I'm just stating facts based on past trends. As far as i'm concerned those trends have stabilzied. So I need to see Embiid play in 74+ games for the amount of seasons he's missed, before you earn the right to talk crap.

Embiid will bring more value in 60 games than Gia does in 82 because his defense is that insane.

More-Than-Most
11-15-2017, 09:23 PM
Robert Covington signed a 4 year $62 mil deal.

Take out this years cap bump:

4 years $47 mil.

Same as Tony Snell with better production at both ends.

Damn... He deserves 18-20 a year

More-Than-Most
11-15-2017, 09:24 PM
Well Middleton missed first half of the season last year. Then Parker got injured the same game Middleton came back and Parker missed rest of the season. Also Middleton was gassed before we made playoffs. Also when we signed Moose a few years back we unloaded decent depth in Ersan,Zaza,Dudley. That was a step back. Also gave away Knight for junk. So kinda hard for Giannis to carry the team when our front office is very suspect to stupid moves. If it wasn't for Kidd prodding for MCW in that trade. If it was up to us Bucks fans we would of left out the 76ers in that trade and got the Lakers pick for Knight.

so injuries are only frowned upon when its the sixers but excused for everyone else? I guess Parker is no injury prone like embiid per people here on psd?

warfelg
11-15-2017, 09:30 PM
Damn... He deserves 18-20 a year

Who care what he deserves. Kept the max in play.

warfelg
11-15-2017, 09:30 PM

Dear gooooooood that is awesome.

FlashBolt
11-15-2017, 09:43 PM
Does Philly have the cap to sign LeBron next season? Preferably a Philly fan who can answer with some scenarios in the event that they don't?

warfelg
11-15-2017, 10:08 PM
Does Philly have the cap to sign LeBron next season? Preferably a Philly fan who can answer with some scenarios in the event that they don't?

Yes.

I'll try to find the article that better explains it, but I'll do my best:

JJ Redick, Amir Johnson, Jahlil Okafor coming off the books clears $39 mil from the cap next year. Without the Embiid and Covington extensions, we are at $34,540,204.

That $34,540,204 accounts for Bayless, Fultz, Simmons, Saric, Anderson, Holmes, McConnell, Korkmaz, TLC. That's 2-3 starters and most of our bench.

RoCo is at $10,018,862; Embiid at $25,250,000

That total is $69,809,066 for 11 players.

There is a growing rumor of using the stretch on Bayless if we can't trade him for an expiring contract. If we do stretch him that lowers our cap number by $5,717,277. Brings that cap number to $64,091,789.

Count in the fact that we have a shot at two draft picks.

There's also the growing rumor that that we're going to do is try for a max player; spend to the cap, use the MLE to retain JJ on a 3 year deal.

FlashBolt
11-15-2017, 10:18 PM
Yes.

JJ Redick, Amir Johnson, Jahlil Okafor coming off the books clears $39 mil from the cap next year. Without the Embiid and Covington extensions, we are at $34,540,204.

That $34,540,204 accounts for Bayless, Fultz, Simmons, Saric, Anderson, Holmes, McConnell, Korkmaz, TLC. That's 2-3 starters and most of our bench.

There is a growing rumor of using the stretch on Bayless if we can't trade him for an expiring contract. If we do stretch him that lowers our cap number by $5,717,277. Brings that cap number to $64,091,789.

There's also the growing rumor that that we're going to do is try for a max player; spend to the cap, use the MLE to retain JJ on a 3 year deal.

Too late to be a Sixers fan?

warfelg
11-15-2017, 10:38 PM
Too late to be a Sixers fan?

Maybe. Applications to locals first.

What's really interesting is we don't even really need a max player. We could use that near $40mil in cap space to bring in 2-3 high end role players instead. A max player is the candle on "The Process" **** you cake. Especially if we keep our pick and get the LAL pick; it's all icing. We could pick up an exta C to let Holmes walk when his rookie contract is up. We could draft SF depth and have a great depth player.

We all said 2 years ago what we had was an embarrassment of riches, and a good number of people laughed. Well....it's coming true.

Scoots
11-16-2017, 12:26 AM
so injuries are only frowned upon when its the sixers but excused for everyone else? I guess Parker is no injury prone like embiid per people here on psd?

To be fair, it hasn't been Miller taking every opportunity to take a shot at Sixers fans.

hugepatsfan
11-16-2017, 10:38 AM
Yes.

Once you go over the cap you lose your MLE. You only get the room exception at that point.

Giannis94
11-16-2017, 10:44 AM
To be fair, it hasn't been Miller taking every opportunity to take a shot at Sixers fans.

To be fair, Jabari has played in 300X more games than Oden Jr at 152 to 50 some. Nice troll shot. The two aren't even comparable. Jabari any day.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-16-2017, 10:58 AM
To be fair, Jabari has played in 300X more games than Oden Jr at 152 to 50 some. Nice troll shot. The two aren't even comparable. Jabari any day.

Gery Woelfel mentioned Bucks officials said Parker could play right now. But gonna keep him out till February to be safe. No need to rush him back yet. Also Bucks got log jam in the back court and wings spots when Parker comes back. Bucks need a trade for a center yet.

Giannis94
11-16-2017, 11:45 AM
Gery Woelfel mentioned Bucks officials said Parker could play right now. But gonna keep him out till February to be safe. No need to rush him back yet. Also Bucks got log jam in the back court and wings spots when Parker comes back. Bucks need a trade for a center yet.

thats great! I just don't get people that think Jabari and Oden Jr are comparable or should be said in the same sentence aside from going 2/3. Mind boggling. insanity.

FlashBolt
11-16-2017, 02:31 PM

That's such a wide disparity in time, though. Literally three months. I'm sure he can play but he's obviously not even close to healthy if that's a february return time.

Heediot
11-16-2017, 04:14 PM

Dear gooooooood that is awesome.

Very creative and cap friendly deal. A plus in my books.

ewing
11-16-2017, 05:36 PM
Very creative and cap friendly deal. A plus in my books.

great deal. Kudoos to the Sixers on this one

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-16-2017, 05:45 PM
According to Zach Lowe Nuggets could of had Irving but they weren't willing to part with Murray. Cavs mentioned Denver would of been in the serious talks with Murray,Chandler and top 3 protected first for Irving.

Also Lowe mentioned Nuggets almost had Bledsoe. But fell apart with the offer being only Mudiay and a first. Seems a bit odd Denver missed out on Bledsoe. Mudiay and a first was a better offer then the Bucks. Yeah we tossed in a second with our first and Moose. But we got protections on both.

Guess Suns maybe had a few teams on the line saying we may land expiring Moose so we'll eat your dead weight deals for picks and so and so yet? I know Cavs came forward as well as Pistons asking about Moose already for trade. If Suns can get pick and young piece and dead weight for Moose then they turned that trade around pretty quickly.

Also I could see Chandler or Dudley traded soon. Chandler out with illness next two days. I don't wanna read into it but I say trade.

Vee-Rex
11-18-2017, 03:09 PM
Thought I'd move this to this thread and sorta break down how the Cavs are functioning right now after winning 5 of the last 6 games:

Do you have any bench stats? LIke where they rank in the league? When the full starting lineup is back they'll run through teams.

Cavs bench currently has a ORtg of 109.3 (3rd in the NBA) and a DRtg of 104.8 (18th in the NBA). Net diff is 4.5, which is 8th overall in the NBA.

Cavs starters currently have an ORtg of 107.9 (11th in the NBA) and a DRtg of 113.2 (29th in the NBA). Net diff is -5.3, which is 25th overall in the NBA.

The bench is clearly outplaying the starters, and the main reasons in no order being:

A.) Jeff Green is having a career year (particularly his PER and TS% are career highs), while Crowder hasn't really played well so far (IKH will be delivering plenty of crow for people who doubted Green).

B.) Both Wade and Smith hadn't played well to start the year, but lately Wade has been outplaying Smith. I'll also detail a key/important part of Wade that allows him to flourish in a way Smith can't.

C.) Kyle Korver is being used SOOOO well. He's shooting .436% from 3, but the Cavs are utilizing him in a way that makes him dangerous. Coach Daniel breaks it down:

https://youtu.be/ogWiBtq-12s

That's a 9-minute video but it does show the brilliance in how Korver is being utilized.

We're using Korver better than how we were last year. There's no luck involved whatsoever, we've simply improved in that aspect of our offense and it's very difficult for defenses to stop. And we're not using illegal screens either.

The kicker here is: While LeBron is the primary distributor to get Korver going, the ONLY other person on our roster that has the court vision and ability to make the correct pass is Wade. Wade is capable of running the offense at a high enough level where Korver can still get off good shots, and that's something Smith is incapable of doing.

In fact, Kyle Korver has 56 field goals made - 54 were assisted, while only 2 were unassisted. LeBron assisted on the most at 25 of Korver's field goals, while Wade assisted the 2nd most at 11 of Korver's field goals. The 3rd is Green with only 5 assists.

So you see, Wade is able to fill a distributive role on the team that no one else can besides LeBron.

This isn't anything new at all - plenty of other teams use a variety of creative ways to get their shooters open. We're actively doing this through design and it's not like we're just getting lucky and Korver/Wade are just saving us (singling out Scoots here :D).

It'll be very, very interesting to see how we play if we have a fully healthy IT + TT to bolster the starters. We'll go through some difficulties but it's my dire hope that IT can return in January to give us 3-4'ish months to build cohesion. The defense won't ever be great but if it can be in the 18-20 range while the offense remains a top 4 offense we would likely reach the finals again.

tredigs
11-18-2017, 04:24 PM
Thought I'd move this to this thread and sorta break down how the Cavs are functioning right now after winning 5 of the last 6 games:

Cavs bench currently has a ORtg of 109.3 (3rd in the NBA) and a DRtg of 104.8 (18th in the NBA). Net diff is 4.5, which is 8th overall in the NBA.

Cavs starters currently have an ORtg of 107.9 (11th in the NBA) and a DRtg of 113.2 (29th in the NBA). Net diff is -5.3, which is 25th overall in the NBA.

The bench is clearly outplaying the starters, and the main reasons in no order being:

A.) Jeff Green is having a career year (particularly his PER and TS% are career highs), while Crowder hasn't really played well so far (IKH will be delivering plenty of crow for people who doubted Green).

B.) Both Wade and Smith hadn't played well to start the year, but lately Wade has been outplaying Smith. I'll also detail a key/important part of Wade that allows him to flourish in a way Smith can't.

C.) Kyle Korver is being used SOOOO well. He's shooting .436% from 3, but the Cavs are utilizing him in a way that makes him dangerous. Coach Daniel breaks it down:

https://youtu.be/ogWiBtq-12s

That's a 9-minute video but it does show the brilliance in how Korver is being utilized.

We're using Korver better than how we were last year. There's no luck involved whatsoever, we've simply improved in that aspect of our offense and it's very difficult for defenses to stop. And we're not using illegal screens either.

The kicker here is: While LeBron is the primary distributor to get Korver going, the ONLY other person on our roster that has the court vision and ability to make the correct pass is Wade. Wade is capable of running the offense at a high enough level where Korver can still get off good shots, and that's something Smith is incapable of doing.

In fact, Kyle Korver has 56 field goals made - 54 were assisted, while only 2 were unassisted. LeBron assisted on the most at 25 of Korver's field goals, while Wade assisted the 2nd most at 11 of Korver's field goals. The 3rd is Green with only 5 assists.

So you see, Wade is able to fill a distributive role on the team that no one else can besides LeBron.

This isn't anything new at all - plenty of other teams use a variety of creative ways to get their shooters open. We're actively doing this through design and it's not like we're just getting lucky and Korver/Wade are just saving us (singling out Scoots here :D).

It'll be very, very interesting to see how we play if we have a fully healthy IT + TT to bolster the starters. We'll go through some difficulties but it's my dire hope that IT can return in January to give us 3-4'ish months to build cohesion. The defense won't ever be great but if it can be in the 18-20 range while the offense remains a top 4 offense we would likely reach the finals again.
Nice post. I would add they have beaten nobody of note on that small stretch (Knicks are their best win), and are relying on huge minutes from LeBron plus multiple hero games from Korver in the 4th to capture close wins. As to be expected with their roster + injuries

Vee-Rex
11-18-2017, 04:43 PM
Nice post. I would add they have beaten nobody of note on that small stretch (Knicks are their best win), and are relying on huge minutes from LeBron plus multiple hero games from Korver in the 4th to capture close wins. As to be expected with their roster + injuries

Completely true. As it stands, I'm optimistic about how we may look late in the season but it's definitely possible we simply crash and burn.

Scoots
11-18-2017, 08:17 PM

Korver and Wade are not starters and have been the most important 4th quarter players in this run ... that's what I meant by "saving". It wasn't a criticism.

Scoots
11-19-2017, 10:28 AM
I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk of Giannis' "little" brother Kostas

tredigs
11-19-2017, 11:28 AM

He's still a long ways away.

Scoots
11-19-2017, 04:40 PM
He's still a long ways away.

If he declares this year someone will draft him.

tredigs
11-20-2017, 12:55 AM
If he declares this year someone will draft him.

On name, maybe very late in the 2nd. Certainly not on anything performance based. He's a complete nothing at this point, and already has injury issues.

I won't deny the genes and potential, but let's just say that to be surprised the "General NBA Board" has not spoke on him is the least surprising headline of the year.

Giannis94
11-20-2017, 12:08 PM
On name, maybe very late in the 2nd. Certainly not on anything performance based. He's a complete nothing at this point, and already has injury issues.

I won't deny the genes and potential, but let's just say that to be surprised the "General NBA Board" has not spoke on him is the least surprising headline of the year.

Just because his brother is a top player in the league doesn't mean he will develop at a similar rate. Kostas's numbers are underwhelming. Makes no sense to enter the draft when he probabl would be hopping D/G league teams. Case and point: The middle brother.

And I love Giannis. But barring an uptick in perfomance, I don't see it

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-20-2017, 01:53 PM

I found this tweet a few days back and posted it in the Bucks forum.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-20-2017, 02:12 PM

aman_13
11-21-2017, 02:18 PM
I can't believe they had a segment on Lavar Ball saying thank you to the President on CNN. What kind of world are we living in right now?

aman_13
11-21-2017, 03:10 PM
The top 8 in the East is 38-22 against the West thus far.

Giannis94
11-21-2017, 03:32 PM
The east is back!

tredigs
11-21-2017, 04:19 PM
Seems about what it should be. Top 8 (9 with the tie) in the West are 37-27 against the East. Probably climbs a bit when OKC starts to figure it out and the Spurs get Kawhi back.

FlashBolt
11-21-2017, 05:41 PM

What's the overall East vs West?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-21-2017, 07:50 PM
Bucks should be rolling once Parker is back in February. Should be steam rolling into playoffs by then.

tp13baby
11-21-2017, 09:57 PM
Millsap to miss 3 months.

aman_13
11-21-2017, 10:37 PM
What's the overall East vs West?

I did it in my head and could be off as i counted quickly, but i got 58-49 for the East. The Bulls are 0-6 against the West.

zn23
11-21-2017, 10:44 PM
Millsap to miss 3 months.

Blessing in disguise imo. Millsap brought somethings to the table defensively, but he just didn't fit in offensively.

WaDe03
11-21-2017, 11:39 PM
Millsap should've went to Minny, much better than Denver and would've been scary.

tp13baby
11-22-2017, 12:02 AM
Blessing in disguise imo. Millsap brought somethings to the table defensively, but he just didn't fit in offensively.

I think you could be right. I want to see Lyles next to Jokic. I really think that could be scary down the line. Lyles is the perfect fit next to Jokic offensively. But I am okay seeing the Faried/Jokic duo back in action. With Juancho stealing minutes from Chandler. The spacing outside of Faried will improve though