PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Hayward goes down hard

Ty Fast
10-17-2017, 08:17 PM
God I hope he's ok. The players and fans look like they seen a ghost. Looks like a major leg injury.

Ty Fast
10-17-2017, 08:18 PM
Nice gesture by the fans

Bostonjorge
10-17-2017, 08:18 PM
That sucks

Ty Fast
10-17-2017, 08:19 PM
The Cavs just might have won the East

HunterNRoss
10-17-2017, 08:20 PM
DocFlynn‏ @jessdeede 4m4 minutes ago
That was likely a fracture-dislocation of Gordon Hayward's ankle. I'm devastated for him.

Mr.B
10-17-2017, 08:25 PM
For those that want to see it before YouTube takes it down.

https://youtu.be/FIZG_L8K54g

Ty Fast
10-17-2017, 08:25 PM
If that's it, that wouldn't be as bad as a broken leg?

I would figure a knee injury would be worse than ankle?

Thoughts?

Looks more of a knee than an ankle but a broken leg is probably better than an ACL tear

Jeffy25
10-17-2017, 08:26 PM
DocFlynn‏ @jessdeede 4m4 minutes ago
That was likely a fracture-dislocation of Gordon Hayward's ankle. I'm devastated for him.

Thoughts?

NYKnickFanatic
10-17-2017, 08:29 PM
Damn, that's unfortunate. Don't know how serious it is but hopefully he doesn't miss much time.

EDIT: Ouchhhh...just saw the clip. Damn man, that's horrific. :(

Jeffy25
10-17-2017, 08:30 PM
Damn, that's unfortunate. Don't know how serious it is but hopefully he doesn't miss much time.

Based on how it looked, I doubt he is playing again this year.

NYKnickFanatic
10-17-2017, 08:31 PM
Based on how it looked, I doubt he is playing again this year.

YEah, just saw it. Terrible. :(

KB24PG16
10-17-2017, 08:32 PM
thats unfortunate for the celtics, a lot of hype for them this season all gone in one game

FlashBolt
10-17-2017, 08:32 PM
PG went through the same injury... not likely Gordon is coming back this season.. wow. Celtics fans, I don't know what to say..

Cal827
10-17-2017, 08:33 PM
OH **** Hope that he recovers 100%.... Jesus Christ that's a bad injury

goingfor28
10-17-2017, 08:34 PM
According to the*Washington Post's*Tim Bontemps, Hayward's "foot looked to be at a 90 degree angle from his leg."*

Ouch

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BSF101
Great so that means we're gonna see another Cav's vs Warriors finals again for the 10000th time.

Big Zo
I think I just saw Kyrie Irving on the Cavs bench begging them to let him back.

Seriously, though, thatís a horrible thing to happen to anyone. Hope Hayward can fully recover.

goingfor28
10-17-2017, 08:37 PM
For those that want to see it before YouTube takes it down.

https://youtu.be/FIZG_L8K54gGood God that looks awful

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

beasted86
10-17-2017, 08:38 PM
Crazy bad luck. Hope he can recover.

Vinny642
10-17-2017, 08:38 PM
That was hard to watch.... wtf

Jeffy25
10-17-2017, 08:39 PM
Great so that means we're gonna see another Cav's vs Warriors finals again for the 10000th time.

I do wonder if he can manage to recover by the playoffs.

Vinsanity115
10-17-2017, 08:40 PM
Hate to be that guy, but kind of tasteless imo how everyone under the sun is retweeting his gruesome injury with dumb captions or everyone rushing to youtube to be the first poster and even say 'must see' on it? **** 2017...

That was awful.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mr.B
10-17-2017, 08:41 PM
You could tell by his reaction that Labron noticed it right away.

hugepatsfan
10-17-2017, 08:42 PM
PG went through the same injury... not likely Gordon is coming back this season.. wow. Celtics fans, I don't know what to say..

Only ďsaving graceĒ is that his minutes will go to promising players in Tatum/Brown, still developing Smart/Rozier, and upside rookies in Yabusele/Semi O. If Brown/Tatum can get close to Bradley/Crowder then Boston is still probably the same type of team as last year (as young players those are lofty expectations, though I donít think to extreme to where could never happen). And that was at least entertaining to watch and would be even more so this year. But yeah, and even glimmering hope of competing with the top dawgs is gone and that ducking blows.

Jeffy25
10-17-2017, 08:43 PM
You could tell by his reaction that Labron noticed it right away.

Did you see when Tristan Thompson looked over, then pulled his head back and walked up? His was intense.

c.c.
10-17-2017, 08:44 PM
I guess Boston going to shop Hayward around now

LA_Raiders
10-17-2017, 08:44 PM
That's ****ed up. The Easy just got easier.

GiantsSwaGG
10-17-2017, 08:45 PM
Hoping for a speedy recovery that sucks

beasted86
10-17-2017, 08:51 PM

Serious?

CubsRule08
10-17-2017, 08:53 PM
Yeah he's done.

Jesus that was ****ing brutal to watch.

BDawk4Prez
10-17-2017, 08:54 PM
Youch.

LOb0
10-17-2017, 08:55 PM
This is karma for what we did with IT.

hugepatsfan
10-17-2017, 08:55 PM
Fractured left ankle. Is that good or bad? Relatively speaking obviously.

Jeffy25
10-17-2017, 08:57 PM

https://www.stoneclinic.com/ankle-dislocation-rehab-protocol

warfelg
10-17-2017, 08:59 PM

Not great. Depends what else there is. Is there ligament damage? Cartilage? Nerve? What about the leg bones? Did it break and dislocate or just break? What about the foot itself?

I wouldn't be shocked if they haven't even done xrays yet and just zeroed in on the exact area and are taking him for surgery without any hesitation.

FlashBolt
https://www.stoneclinic.com/ankle-dislocation-rehab-protocol

That shows about four months before he can actually begin training. Depending on if they rush the guy or not, I'm not sure he will be ready.

kdspurman
Not great. Depends what else there is. Is there ligament damage? Cartilage? Nerve? What about the leg bones? Did it break and dislocate or just break? What about the foot itself?

I wouldn't be shocked if they haven't even done xrays yet and just zeroed in on the exact area and are taking him for surgery without any hesitation.

Yea, the initial diagnosis will likely have more details once MRI is done. Probably have more clarity in the next day or 2

Vinny642
10-17-2017, 09:01 PM
That shows about four months before he can actually begin training. Depending on if they rush the guy or not, I'm not sure he will be ready.

They only did an xray, not an MRI, from how it looked, there was ligament damage as well.

warfelg
10-17-2017, 09:04 PM
They only did an xray, not an MRI, from how it looked, there was ligament damage as well.

You can't tell ligament damage just by looking.

redsox12
10-17-2017, 09:05 PM
If it's at all possible to get him back at the playoffs, he will be back.

Vinny642
10-17-2017, 09:14 PM
You can't tell ligament damage just by looking.

True but for it to only be a fracture, he would be very lucky.

homie564
10-17-2017, 09:22 PM
True but for it to only be a fracture, he would be very lucky.

Relatively speaking of course... not sure how lucky it is to fracture and dislocate your ankle in your first game with your new team after signing a max deal lol.

Hopefully thereís no ligament damage and he can recover by the playoffs. Would be huge to get him back. Wishing a full recovery before all else though, gruesome to watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5ass
10-17-2017, 09:28 PM
Damn. This is sad. It hurt me just watching

mrblisterdundee
10-17-2017, 09:29 PM
Let's hope he can recover as well as George did. Without their best all-around player, the Celtics are officially in underdog mode again. Tatum's about to get a trial by fire.

cmellofan15
10-17-2017, 09:32 PM

Hahahahahahahaha this is perfect

Mr.B
10-17-2017, 09:37 PM
Hopefully heíll be able to recover fully regardless of the amount of time it takes.

warfelg
10-17-2017, 10:02 PM
Hopefully heíll be able to recover fully regardless of the amount of time it takes.

Amen to that.

Aust
10-17-2017, 10:31 PM
Obviously we need the details, but I'm guessing he's done for the season. Best case scenario they get him back at the very end of the year for a playoff push.

I think it's a lot to ask their two young lottery picks to compensate by playing at a Crowder/Bradley level. Kyrie is going to have grow. Maybe he succeeds this challenge and actually becomes a legit MVP candidate.

Yeah, that would be horrible for him and the C's to have him never fully recover and have one of their max slots taken by a great player who was just never the same afterward.

BSF101
10-17-2017, 10:44 PM
I do wonder if he can manage to recover by the playoffs.

Depends on how bad the injury is? But even if he does comeback in time for the PO's its Lebron's for the taking in the east.

corky831
10-17-2017, 11:07 PM
Word is there is no ligament damage/nerve damage. Dislocated ankle with fractured tibia. Possible return of March/April. Start rehab after 6-8 weeks

FlashBolt
10-17-2017, 11:21 PM
Word is there is no ligament damage/nerve damage. Dislocated ankle with fractured tibia. Possible return of March/April. Start rehab after 6-8 weeks

Which is cutting it really close. Even if he does return by then, it'll take time to readjust everything. Is it even worth it for a team most likely not going to make it deep anyways?

corky831
10-17-2017, 11:21 PM
Probably not....Id have him heal the whole yr. Playoff run will depend on the growth of the kids

Mr.B
10-17-2017, 11:27 PM
Which is cutting it really close. Even if he does return by then, it'll take time to readjust everything. Is it even worth it for a team most likely not going to make it deep anyways?

Considering what the team has invested and the amount of time they are invested they would be better off not rushing him back. Let him get healthy and just focus on getting back 100% for training camp. One blessing is that it happen this early and not in the middle of the season where he might have to miss 2 seasons instead of just 1.

ewing
10-17-2017, 11:46 PM
horrible way to start the season. I really wouldn't have wanted to play after seeing him go down like that. sucks. That said Tatum looks great. Dude is smooth.

LOb0
10-18-2017, 12:29 AM
horrible way to start the season. I really wouldn't have wanted to play after seeing him go down like that. sucks. That said Tatum looks great. Dude is smooth.

Jaylen looking better too. At least a few positives on a terrible day.

JordansBulls
10-18-2017, 12:52 AM

Damn the starting the season 2 weeks early.

ewing
10-18-2017, 12:54 AM
Jaylen looking better too. At least a few positives on a terrible day.

Celtic fans are a bit to high on Brown for me and I like him. He has a great motor (sorry to sound like Jay Bilas but its true). he needs to grow a lot to be what some fans are expecting. He got the tools phyically and some touch but i really don't know what this kid is going to be.

TylerSL
10-18-2017, 01:40 AM
Is it possible he could return this season? The NBA season is a long one, hopefully it's only like a 4-5 month recovery and we could see him come back in March or April.

ewing
10-18-2017, 01:43 AM
wow the rocket are really like go do yourself James Harden

ewing
10-18-2017, 01:45 AM
sorry wrong thread

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-18-2017, 11:39 AM
Adam Kaufman

@AdamMKaufman

Per @celticsvoice on @NBCSBoston, "early word on the fracture is that it's clean...doesn't appear to be ligament or blood vessel damage."
8:34 PM - Oct 17, 2017 ....

hugepatsfan
10-18-2017, 11:44 AM

He will come back, lead BOS to an improbably upset over GS and be a legend forever.

Vinylman
10-18-2017, 11:58 AM
What happened? Did he chip a tooth going down hard? The title is confusing

effen5
10-18-2017, 12:58 PM
What happened? Did he chip a tooth going down hard? The title is confusing

His ankle went sideways. It was disgusting.

likemystylez
10-18-2017, 01:43 PM
and look at that- they did all that work on the schedule and still right away an injury happens to a player who came to camp in good condition. Just goes to prove my theory that you cant avoid injuries by resting guys and keeping minutes down out. I mean 5 minutes into the game- that shouldnt be too much for an nba player to handle.

Draymond Green went down as well last night, and iggy is out with no time table for return

Hawkeye15
10-18-2017, 01:51 PM
and look at that- they did all that work on the schedule and still right away an injury happens to a player who came to camp in good condition. Just goes to prove my theory that you cant avoid injuries by resting guys and keeping minutes down out. I mean 5 minutes into the game- that shouldnt be too much for an nba player to handle.

Draymond Green went down as well last night, and iggy is out with no time table for return

wear and tear, and fatigue, is why they rest players. It helps extend players careers, can't help freak injuries like Gordon got last night.

likemystylez
10-18-2017, 01:56 PM
wear and tear, and fatigue, is why they rest players. It helps extend players careers, can't help freak injuries like Gordon got last night.

well it will be interesting to see the difference in the number of player games missed due to injury this year (with the improved schedule) compared to the last 3 or 4 years. My guess is that roughly the same number of games will be missed due to injury across the league.

I think that will basically prove that the whole sitting out to prevent injuries was kind of overblown (along with the last 70 years the league has been around)

FlashBolt
10-18-2017, 02:02 PM

You're not talking about 5 minutes of you playing at the park. You're talking about five minutes of guys banging into 250+ lb bodies and moving at all times. There's a direct correlation that more rest = less injuries.. but some injuries aren't preventable. LeBron could land awkwardly and could have gotten injured as well. Plus, Gordon's body is just too frail to be banging into guys like LeBron. So I'm not sure why you think you have better evidence than doctors and researchers.. because you can bet these athletes and professional leagues employ the best doctors to figure out how to make their players healthy for an entire season. I'm not sure what LeBron weighs but he looked huge last night. Could easily be a 30-40lb difference when they jumped up and unfortunately, Gordon just didn't brace himself and landed awkwardly.

FlashBolt
10-18-2017, 02:04 PM
well it will be interesting to see the difference in the number of player games missed due to injury this year (with the improved schedule) compared to the last 3 or 4 years. My guess is that roughly the same number of games will be missed due to injury across the league.

I think that will basically prove that the whole sitting out to prevent injuries was kind of overblown (along with the last 70 years the league has been around)

Schedule was changed so there wouldn't be 4 games in five nights situations. But injuries are always going to happen when you are playing a contact sport. It's not overblown... teams are trying to preserve their asset. Why would they risk a player getting injured for a meaningless game when they have $150 million invested into them?

mikekhelxD
10-18-2017, 02:08 PM

If that's your logic, then you should have no problem playing continously, without rest, when fatigue because you'll never be susceptible to an injury at all, even if there is so called freak injuries.

FlashBolt
10-18-2017, 02:11 PM
If that's your logic, then you should have no problem playing continously, without rest, when fatigue because you'll never be susceptible to an injury at all, even if there is so called freak injuries.

I bet he works 24/7 without sleep.. no rest needed.

Wes Mantooth
10-18-2017, 02:17 PM
Any bad feelings I had about Hayward leaving Utah disappeared the second I saw that injury. Horrible. I hope he can come back stronger than ever. Our prayers are with you G-time.

likemystylez
10-18-2017, 02:23 PM
Schedule was changed so there wouldn't be 4 games in five nights situations. But injuries are always going to happen when you are playing a contact sport. It's not overblown... teams are trying to preserve their asset. Why would they risk a player getting injured for a meaningless game when they have $150 million invested into them?

well I agree injuries will always happen either way. Infact- I think the vast majority of injuries happen are going to happen either way (IE draymond green, Gordon Hayward). The question is what percentage of injuries are avoided by the guys sitting out? All the drama the last few years about resting guys and the teams saying they need their rest- how many injuries are they honestly preventing? How many player games missed due to injury are a direct effect of the players not sitting out often enough. We will find out this year I guess, and my guess is there will be almost no difference in the games missed due to injuries

Hawkeye15
10-18-2017, 03:00 PM

yeah I don't know if we will ever have much evidence either way. Pops was able to "help" Duncan stick around and be elite until his late 30's, even coming back from the dead one time haha. I think with him using it, and the Spurs having multiple older players still be effective, that was enough for the rest of the league to go with it.

Not sure missed games being tracked will do anything.

likemystylez
10-18-2017, 03:08 PM
yeah I don't know if we will ever have much evidence either way. Pops was able to "help" Duncan stick around and be elite until his late 30's, even coming back from the dead one time haha. I think with him using it, and the Spurs having multiple older players still be effective, that was enough for the rest of the league to go with it.

Not sure missed games being tracked will do anything.

Duncan missed 7 games in his first 6 seasons while averaging just under 40 minutes a game. Infact, I dont think Pop rested duncan at all until he was like 35 years old. But thats a little different when a guy is your main player on both ends of the floor, going deep into the playoffs almost every year and he is in his 14th season.

BoSox47
10-18-2017, 03:21 PM

Thoughts?

Someone correct me if I;m wrong because I may be, but I think Rondae Hollis Jefferson had the same injury and it was an 8-12 week injury. If theres a break to the tibia, that could add another 4-6 weeks.

If Hayward came back, depending when he gets the surgery, he could possibly return in March. Of course theres still a lot of swelling and not sure if theres ligament damage. So quite a few variables.

BoSox47
10-18-2017, 03:26 PM

A team not likely to make it deep anyways? Celtics still have a good chance at making it to the ECF which doesnt start until late may. So he will have nearly 2 months after joining the team to get back to form.

FlashBolt
10-18-2017, 04:29 PM
A team not likely to make it deep anyways? Celtics still have a good chance at making it to the ECF which doesnt start until late may. So he will have nearly 2 months after joining the team to get back to form.

I don't think they'll make the ECF but assuming they do, why risk putting Hayward in there and ruining their gameplan? If they make it to the ECF without him, they've done a great job of getting everyone to do their job. I still think Celtics end up at 5-7 but there are about a handful amount of EC teams that I believe are better.

FlashBolt
10-18-2017, 04:30 PM
well I agree injuries will always happen either way. Infact- I think the vast majority of injuries happen are going to happen either way (IE draymond green, Gordon Hayward). The question is what percentage of injuries are avoided by the guys sitting out? All the drama the last few years about resting guys and the teams saying they need their rest- how many injuries are they honestly preventing? How many player games missed due to injury are a direct effect of the players not sitting out often enough. We will find out this year I guess, and my guess is there will be almost no difference in the games missed due to injuries

Does there really have to be a study or research done regarding this, though? It's a proven fact that resting players (when needed) will help sustain their health. I mean, if a team decides to rest a player despite them not needing it, it makes no sense. But some rest will legitimately help even if it is a few minutes off the court.

Jeffy25
10-18-2017, 04:34 PM
I wonder if Celtics will bring Gerald Green back

Oefarmy2005
10-18-2017, 05:15 PM
I wonder if Celtics will bring Gerald Green back

Considering the fact that he has signed with Milwaukee - unlikely. :)

COOLbeans
10-19-2017, 03:29 AM

I donít think anyone in the Warriors forum has ever responded to likenystylez in this fashion when he discusses injuries. Well done. Resting players over an 82 game season is necessary for extending careers

PowerHouse
10-19-2017, 08:25 AM
Shouldnt Jae Crowder be getting some of the blame here? Any time a guy thrusts his body that hard into a vulnerable player in the air, it never has a very good outcome.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-19-2017, 09:54 AM
Considering the fact that he has signed with Milwaukee - unlikely. :)

Bucks waived Green. We had like 6 guys fighting for last spot. Then all were waived after Cavs waived Liggins. We picked him up from the waiver wire.

eDush
10-19-2017, 10:03 AM
It was horrible to see that fall...just like the Theismann incident. Didn't see neither game live but when I saw the Hayward one for the first time...I was eating and almost threw up
:crying:
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/oct/18/joe-theismann-on-gordon-haywards-injury-it-sickens/

:hope: All the best on Hayward recovery...
:flag: