PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Portis cheap-shots teammate Mirotic - Mirotic in hospital

tredigs
10-17-2017, 07:16 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-bulls-nikola-mirotic-hospitalized-practice-altercation-teammate-bobby-portis-223615980.html

Chicago Bulls forwards Nikola Mirotic and Bobby Portis engaged in a physical altercation in practice Tuesday that resulted in Mirotic being hospitalized and sidelined indefinitely, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

[]

Mirotic was taken to the hospital Tuesday after their shoving altercation during practice ended with an alleged cheap shot from Portis to Mirotic’s face, league sources told The Vertical. Mirotic is undergoing tests, but is expected to be out for the foreseeable future, league sources said.

Mirotic, 26, is in his fourth NBA season and was expected to be the Bulls’ starting power forward. A sharpshooter at 6-foot-10, Mirotic signed a two-year, $27 million contract to return to Chicago in free agency before the season.

Portis, 22, was the Bulls’ 22nd overall pick in the 2015 NBA draft.

0:00 2:45
Exclusive: DeMarcus Cousins wants to quiet his critics

tredigs
10-17-2017, 07:19 PM
That's one way to start the tank for Chicago.

Rush
10-17-2017, 07:22 PM
Just read Mirotic suffered a concussion and will likely undergo surgery.

Will never understand why people can't control themselves from lashing out like this.

tredigs
10-17-2017, 07:25 PM

Will never understand why people can't control themselves from lashing out like this.

yeah - surgery for the broken bones in his face.

If as reported it was a cheap shot, jail time for Portis?

Lakers + Giants
10-17-2017, 07:27 PM
Damn. Now that's how you get the starting job. Probably for a prison team...

flea
10-17-2017, 07:28 PM
Didn't expect that from Portis, who from all things I could tell was a good guy in college when he was SEC player of the year and considered a leader on his team.

Stunner
10-17-2017, 07:30 PM
GO BOBBY GO LMAO

heard it was 3 years in the making and Niko instigated him.

Bobby just doing what the fans wanted to do to the front office and Niko.

https://twitter.com/chisportupdates/status/920429456019329024

Stunner
10-17-2017, 07:34 PM
So it wasn’t a cheap shot , Niko was about it and lost

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/920431663959724032

Vinny642
10-17-2017, 07:35 PM
Cousins wants to silence his critics though.

tredigs
10-17-2017, 07:36 PM

We already have earlier reports saying it was a cheap shot. Would be interesting if the narrative changes later. If there's no video we prob won't ever hear the truth.

DanG
10-17-2017, 07:40 PM
This ain't funny but it kinda is - you put all this work in throughout the summer and before opening night you get knocked the **** out. :laugh:

Stunner
10-17-2017, 07:47 PM
https://twitter.com/threekola/status/492056554745913344

kdspurman
10-17-2017, 08:07 PM

It could've been a situation where they were going at it, then got separated and Portis threw a cheap shot as they were being separated.

kdspurman
10-17-2017, 08:08 PM
Suspend Portis until Mirotic can return lol

Stunner
10-17-2017, 08:14 PM
Via Goodwill

Mirotic, who’s out indefinitely, was evaluated for a concussion and taken to a hospital, where he was released but was apparently a bit out of it, according to a source. The altercation began with pushing and shoving between the two before Mirotic lunged forward at Portis and Portis hit Mirotic, sending him to the floor.

https://twitter.com/nbcschicago/status/920435578025463810

Stunner
10-17-2017, 08:15 PM
It could've been a situation where they were going at it, then got separated and Portis threw a cheap shot as they were being separated.

Doesn’t sound like it , once the shoving starts that fight time nobody got in the middle

warfelg
10-17-2017, 08:40 PM
Suspend Portis until Mirotic can return lol

I would just cut his *** if I were the Bulls.

GiantsSwaGG
10-17-2017, 08:47 PM
Bulls are becoming the Knicks

kdspurman
10-17-2017, 08:51 PM

Or that, yea... But penalize him first, then cut him. Other wise someone can sign him and he'll play anyway

warfelg
10-17-2017, 08:56 PM
Or that, yea... But penalize him first, then cut him. Other wise someone can sign him and he'll play anyway

I doubt it. He's gonna be a pariah in any new locker room.

Stunner
10-17-2017, 09:13 PM
Booby isn’t a bad guy tho in general had zero problems here
Before today. Niko has an annoying rep and reports say this has been building along with Niko instigating Portis in this situation . They shoved and at that point it led to a punch seeing that NIKO rushed at Bobby so Bobby was Defending himself. As a fan base we really didn’t want Niko back here and yea it sucks but hey things happen . Do I think Portis should be cut? No because off history players have fought worse and got season suspensions and stayed with the team . Suspends Portis for 20 games or half the year or so and then try to trade Niko to another team if or when he returns because he’s on a one year deal basically . But it’s messy because who knows if both can get passed it. Portis is a really young guy just turned 22 , he will have to use this as a big learning experience. But I think it’s better to try and help him than to abandon him . I’ll prob feel different if he was like 27 years old.

If Portis is released I want niko gone too because it was his fault too don’t cuddle him he has a wife for that

DaBear
10-17-2017, 09:34 PM
That's one way to start the tank for Chicago.

Honestly, having Niko on the court makes the tank easier.

redsox12
10-17-2017, 09:49 PM

agreed, clubhouse would never be the same

Mr.B
10-17-2017, 09:51 PM
Really these things happen in practice. If your team is practicing hard fights are going to happen. Seems like a lot of you guys have forgotten about Jordan and his reputation for punching dudes out in practice.

Horace Grant recalls Michael Jordan punching Will Perdue during practice http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/horace-grant-recalls-michael-jordan-punching-will-perdue-during-practice-181755388.html

LOb0
10-17-2017, 10:00 PM

We'd gladly pick him up

Silent
10-17-2017, 10:05 PM
just fine him he better not get dropped

pacofunk64
10-17-2017, 10:23 PM
So if Mirotic lunged at him and Portis punched him just the one time I feel that is somewhat self defense. I mean if it was a pretty heated situation it could have just been instinct that set in for Portis. Conflicting reports so I need to wait before any further comment on Portis.

LOb0
10-17-2017, 10:33 PM
Why the hell wasn't Mirotic protecting his face... If it's getting heated you should know a punch could be thrown.

Mr.B
10-17-2017, 11:28 PM
Why the hell wasn't Mirotic protecting his face... If it's getting heated you should know a punch could be thrown.

Maybe they do things different in Europe?

Cal827
10-17-2017, 11:34 PM
Now watch them beat Toronto on Thursday :laugh2:

Stunner
10-17-2017, 11:46 PM
Nevermind

Kyben36
10-17-2017, 11:48 PM
Before today. Niko has an annoying rep and reports say this has been building along with Niko instigating Portis in this situation . They shoved and at that point it led to a punch seeing that NIKO rushed at Bobby so Bobby was Defending himself. As a fan base we really didn’t want Niko back here and yea it sucks but hey things happen . Do I think Portis should be cut? No because off history players have fought worse and got season suspensions and stayed with the team . Suspends Portis for 20 games or half the year or so and then try to trade Niko to another team if or when he returns because he’s on a one year deal basically . But it’s messy because who knows if both can get passed it. Portis is a really young guy just turned 22 , he will have to use this as a big learning experience. But I think it’s better to try and help him than to abandon him . I’ll prob feel different if he was like 27 years old.

If Portis is released I want niko gone too because it was his fault too don’t cuddle him he has a wife for that

I don't think u understamd the diferemce between a scuffle between teamates and laying your teamate out and sending hin to the hospital. One happens while playing the game all the time. Stuffles and pushing happen nearly every other game. There is no place on a team who lays out a teamate.

ewing
10-17-2017, 11:50 PM
Cause in a basketball scuffle (happens all the time) nobody is expecting somebody to throw a punch.

punches happen. dudes normally don't hospitalize a dude with the that one punch though. he didn't shoot him. we don't know what happened. The dude who got knocked out seems to have a bad rep even though I've always liked his game and I've never heard anything bad about the dude who knocked him out. i'll make no judgement.

Kyben36
10-17-2017, 11:51 PM

Cause in a basketball scuffle (happens all the time) nobody is expecting somebody to throw a punch.

Kyben36
10-17-2017, 11:57 PM
Serious hypothetical question

Portis throws a punch in game amd ends up sending a player on another team to the hospital with a concussion broken facial bones . how does the nba handle the situation. How many games would he be suspended. If not an indefinite suspension. I think despite what Niko did (barring throwing a punch first). There needs to be major repercussions here.

I know its a hypothetical. But imagine a player pumched out a big name key player from another team causing these injuries. Weeks of recovery time. I domt see a way u can keep him in the league at that point. And as the bulls. Even though it was just in practice this is unacceptable on the basketball court.

ewing
10-18-2017, 12:08 AM
Serious hypothetical question

Portis throws a punch in game amd ends up sending a player on another team to the hospital with a concussion broken facial bones . how does the nba handle the situation. How many games would he be suspended. If not an indefinite suspension. I think despite what Niko did (barring throwing a punch first). There needs to be major repercussions here.

I know its a hypothetical. But imagine a player pumched out a big name key player from another team causing these injuries. Weeks of recovery time. I domt see a way u can keep him in the league at that point. And as the bulls. Even though it was just in practice this is unacceptable on the basketball court.

i don't give a **** what the league would do.

LOb0
10-18-2017, 12:30 AM

Well he learned the hard way that's a stupid way to think. Always protect yourself.

TylerSL
10-18-2017, 02:21 AM
I've only seen what's being reported and wasn't there, so this isn't exactly an extremely informed opinion, but I think Chicago should consider getting rid of Bobby Portis. Hitting someone in the face isn't the answer in any case, but to hit him hard enough to concuss him and break bones in his face is way out of line. I'm not sure a suspension will be enough, maybe if the league gets involved, but termination shouldn't be out of the question.

We need to find out more before I can say that definitively but apparently Bulls GM Gar Forman was there and watched the whole thing. Just a mess of a situation and Chicago has to make sure this kind of thing cannot happen. They should wait to see how long Mirotic will be out before making any final decisions but anything should be on the table right now, including termination.

TylerSL
10-18-2017, 02:33 AM

That is a good point. We need to know exactly how bad it was before any final decision should be made, but it should be a while before we see either of them on the basketball court this season.

More-Than-Most
10-18-2017, 02:51 AM

its the hood way... not kidding... growing up the way people did **** is they would push and **** and out of nowhere the guy just hits you cold or when its being broken up just sucker punches you... it was probably what happened.

effen5
10-18-2017, 06:37 AM
Id cut niko... he sucks

Vinylman
10-18-2017, 07:19 AM
I don't think u understamd the diferemce between a scuffle between teamates and laying your teamate out and sending hin to the hospital. One happens while playing the game all the time. Stuffles and pushing happen nearly every other game. There is no place on a team who lays out a teamate.

Portis can't help that the soft euro has a glass face...

Vinylman
10-18-2017, 07:21 AM
change of scenery would be good... Chicago needs that vet leadership

Deng for Portis :D

Teeboy1487
10-18-2017, 07:33 AM
change of scenery would be good... Chicago needs that vet leadership

Deng for Portis :D :nod:

warfelg
10-18-2017, 07:46 AM
I'll tell you guys the same thing Emma Stone told me:

That ain't happening.

Vinylman
10-18-2017, 08:41 AM
I'll tell you guys the same thing Emma Stone told me:

That ain't happening.

SHHHHH

Gar and those guys are pretty ****ing dumb...

ya never know :D

alright alright... we will throw in a second rounder

pacofunk64
10-18-2017, 09:50 AM
its the hood way... not kidding... growing up the way people did **** is they would push and **** and out of nowhere the guy just hits you cold or when its being broken up just sucker punches you... it was probably what happened.

Nah it's not the hood way its just the ***** *** way some guys go about fighting. I didn't grow up in the hood but my dad owned a bar so I saw a lot of fights growing up. 90% of the time these fights ended because of a cheap shot.

ewing
10-18-2017, 10:14 AM
Portis can't help that the soft euro has a glass face...

exactly. what is this guy glass joe?

Stunner
10-18-2017, 10:33 AM
https://twitter.com/chisportupdates/status/920654473755840513

https://twitter.com/chisportupdates/status/920654885087006720

Stunner
10-18-2017, 10:44 AM
From Woj on ESPN 1000:

There was no sucker punch.
Niko was the instigator.
Thinks Portis will be here for a foreseeable future.
Portis is much more respected in the locker room than Niko (cant remember who said that...Woj or Kap).
Portis will have a call with the league today...said something around one or 2 games.
Kap said one source told him if the Bulls put Portis on the market there will be 29 teams calling the Bulls. He doesn't think thats the case.

Stunner
10-18-2017, 10:51 AM
https://twitter.com/kcjhoop/status/920662007929561089

https://twitter.com/kcjhoop/status/920662744441016324

WaDe03
10-18-2017, 11:33 AM
Portis sucks honestly.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-18-2017, 11:34 AM
Id cut niko... he sucks

Bulls need a tank driver.

Stunner
10-18-2017, 11:39 AM
Bulls need a tank driver.

We also want Lauri to develop

Vinylman
10-18-2017, 12:00 PM
Portis sucks honestly.

I agree... Deng for Portis straight up...

everyone wins

Stunner
10-18-2017, 12:15 PM
https://twitter.com/kcjhoop/status/920680538956009472

TylerSL
10-18-2017, 12:46 PM
From Woj on ESPN 1000:

There was no sucker punch.
Niko was the instigator.
Thinks Portis will be here for a foreseeable future.
Portis is much more respected in the locker room than Niko (cant remember who said that...Woj or Kap).
Portis will have a call with the league today...said something around one or 2 games.
Kap said one source told him if the Bulls put Portis on the market there will be 29 teams calling the Bulls. He doesn't think thats the case.

His suspension needs to be a lot more than 1-2 games, he honestly could have killed Mirotic. He hit him hard enough to break bones in his face. I'd say 15 games or something at the minimum.

Kyben36
10-18-2017, 12:51 PM
I agree... Deng for Portis straight up...

everyone wins

We dont want that contract barring some incentive.

effen5
10-18-2017, 12:57 PM
His suspension needs to be a lot more than 1-2 games, he honestly could have killed Mirotic. He hit him hard enough to break bones in his face. I'd say 15 games or something at the minimum.

Well Niko probably shouldn't have started a fight he couldn't win.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-18-2017, 12:59 PM

Probably be a first or two unprotected as well as Kuzma. Earliest they can trade a first is like 2020 though. Or 2019 on draft night to bypass the Stepien rule.

Vinylman
10-18-2017, 01:12 PM

sarcasm my friend ... sarcasm...

but yeah.. we got a couple of euro's from the 90s stashed away... they are playing in the over 40 league right now in Macedonia but we could use them as a sweetner

FlashBolt
10-18-2017, 01:14 PM
I'm surprised this is even a topic.. Bulls are one of the most boring teams right now. Who cares if Mirotic is out indefinitely..

Vinylman

oh brother... if the facts are as laid out I hope they do suspend him and then I hope he files a grievance...

If the reports are correct it is a simple case of self defense...

unless both are suspended for an equal amount of time all I have to say is

NO JUSTICE NO PEACE :burn:

Stunner
8 games for Bobby

ewing
10-18-2017, 01:15 PM

what's wrong with you?

Vinylman
10-18-2017, 01:17 PM
what's wrong with you?

he must be a racist

:rolleyes:

Vinylman
10-18-2017, 01:18 PM
8 games for Bobby

oh my this press conference should be rich...

SMFH

Yashimack
10-18-2017, 05:57 PM
Y'all soft as hell on this forum. I don't care where you at if anyone lunges at you you hit them in their face. As a man you suppose to always protect your self. Nikko was talking crazy and ran up on Portis and got knocked out.

ewing
10-18-2017, 06:07 PM
i think this should have been an in house issue. If the Bulls want to punish Bobby fine. I don't see how what happens in practice is a league issue

JasonJohnHorn
10-18-2017, 06:08 PM
You mess with the bull, you get the horns.

JasonJohnHorn
10-18-2017, 06:15 PM
i think this should have been an in house issue. If the Bulls want to punish Bobby fine. I don't see how what happens in practice is a league issue

Well... that could be said of a lot of things, like the drug policy. If one owner doesn't have a problem with one of his players smoking pot, why should the league care?

But at the end of the day, the players really work for the NBA, they just happen to have a job with a particular franchise. The league likely has standards of conduct, and I think it would be reasonable for the league to involve themselves in a case like this.

That said... it is my understanding the franchise asked them to step in, and not that they pushed their way in, which is a different story.

Now... questions is, are they going to suspend Nikola as well if he was indeed the aggressor as reports suggest. If some 6'10, 220 pound dude was coming after me and I had a chance to lay him out before he did, I would. Can't blame Bobby for that (depending on the context of course).

And why didn't the Bulls suspend Michael Jordan for 8 games when he punched Steve Kerr in the face during practice? I don't remember them calling the league in to handle that one.

warfelg
10-18-2017, 07:12 PM

It was. I think calling the league was to ensure the suspension they did was well within their rights as the team.

McAllen Tx
10-18-2017, 08:36 PM
Zach Randolph / Ruben Patterson Part 2

ewing
10-18-2017, 09:38 PM
It was. I think calling the league was to ensure the suspension they did was well within their rights as the team.

got ya. no problem with it then.

LaVar Ball
10-19-2017, 12:44 AM
Everything associated with the Bulls is a dysfunction. All spearheaded by their knucklehead front office of "GarForman". What a joke of an organization the Bulls have become.

Time to clean house from top to bottom.

Kyben36
10-19-2017, 01:11 AM

????. the team can suspend somebody for whatever reason they feel. it does not have to go through the league ????

Kyben36
10-19-2017, 01:18 AM
Y'all soft as hell on this forum. I don't care where you at if anyone lunges at you you hit them in their face. As a man you suppose to always protect your self. Nikko was talking crazy and ran up on Portis and got knocked out.

how is it acceptable to punch a coworker under any circumstances ???? Im not arguing what happens on the street but this is a teammate practicing with you. i get things get heated. shoves whatever, but there surely needs to be a line that needs to be drawn and i think Decking him in the face and hospitalizing him it pretty much over that line.

I mean, for yall defending him. its like a gun advocate saying he was within his right to shoot him because he was lunging towards me aggressively. Its a blantantly dumb though. if Niko had thrown a punch or swung first i would perhaps have a different opinion. but Portis Escalated it by throwing a punch from what would otherwise be a typical nba scrum.

The way i see it. Portis Brought a Knife (fist) to an MMA fight (an ego shoving match) . and your claiming that is fair because niko was going to go after him.

Mave1002
10-19-2017, 05:07 AM
Rappler Sports‏Verified account @RapplerSports 3h3 hours ago
While unable to play, Bobby Portis will be able to continue practicing with the team.

Bulls suspend Bobby Portis 8 games for breaking teammate's jaw
Nikola Mirotic will miss 4 to 6 weeks after suffering upper jaw fractures and a concussion

Bobby Portis to Lauri Markkanen: You're next.

Vinylman
10-19-2017, 06:53 AM
Portis needs to file a grievance if the facts are as reported...

the league is a joke if both players aren't suspended...

Vinylman
10-19-2017, 06:54 AM
how is it acceptable to punch a coworker under any circumstances ???? Im not arguing what happens on the street but this is a teammate practicing with you. i get things get heated. shoves whatever, but there surely needs to be a line that needs to be drawn and i think Decking him in the face and hospitalizing him it pretty much over that line.

I mean, for yall defending him. its like a gun advocate saying he was within his right to shoot him because he was lunging towards me aggressively. Its a blantantly dumb though. if Niko had thrown a punch or swung first i would perhaps have a different opinion. but Portis Escalated it by throwing a punch from what would otherwise be a typical nba scrum.

The way i see it. Portis Brought a Knife (fist) to an MMA fight (an ego shoving match) . and your claiming that is fair because niko was going to go after him.

clueless and horrible analogies... and the bolded is about as watered down and not what has been reported.. he did go after him..

ewing
10-20-2017, 11:41 AM

If my co worker attacked Id punch him and feel justified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prodigy
10-20-2017, 01:45 PM

To break bones in the face with one punch is was most likely a cheap shot. When ur face is in a relaxed state is when breaks are most likely to occur. If you square up with someone ur face is in a more tense state. Not saying you cant break bones in ones face in a fair fight, its just harder. with 1 punch anyways...

Stunner
10-20-2017, 02:02 PM
To break bones in the face with one punch is was most likely a cheap shot. When ur face is in a relaxed state is when breaks are most likely to occur. If you square up with someone ur face is in a more tense state. Not saying you cant break bones in ones face in a fair fight, its just harder. with 1 punch anyways...

This doesn’t make sense because anybody can get their face broken in a fight with one punch . Doesn’t matter if it’s relaxed or tense

Do you know what a cheap shot is seriously? Let’s say if our fight gets broken up and you turn around and then I go off and punch you That’s a cheap shot . Not when you and i are in the middle of an altercation , also he was reported charging towards Portis so that’s also a factor of momentum with Portis punch breaking his face. These two men where face to face with Niko instigating and pushing Portis serval Times before Portis pushed him hard enough to send him serval feet back thus Niko went charging leaving Portis uncertain what he was going to do so he defended himself.

ewing
10-20-2017, 02:11 PM
There is a lot of stupid in this thread

WaDe03
10-20-2017, 05:02 PM
If my co worker attacked Id punch him and feel justified.

You wouldn't bust a grape in Welch's front yard!

SenileStern
10-21-2017, 06:00 AM
This can be quite an annoying injury, if he can't chew for weeks, maybe months. Couldn't find any details though about how bad it is. However, 8 games doesn't feel like they think Portis is guilty of anything.

prodigy
10-21-2017, 02:15 PM
This doesn’t make sense because anybody can get their face broken in a fight with one punch . Doesn’t matter if it’s relaxed or tense

Do you know what a cheap shot is seriously? Let’s say if our fight gets broken up and you turn around and then I go off and punch you That’s a cheap shot . Not when you and i are in the middle of an altercation , also he was reported charging towards Portis so that’s also a factor of momentum with Portis punch breaking his face. These two men where face to face with Niko instigating and pushing Portis serval Times before Portis pushed him hard enough to send him serval feet back thus Niko went charging leaving Portis uncertain what he was going to do so he defended himself.

This doesn't make sense because i never said someone couldn't get bones in their face broken with one punch in a fight. I'm going by what i know from my job as fire and rescue. A good number of my calls are fight related. More so when i was on night shift.

Almost every report I've read says it was a cheap shot. Now you should be asking these writers if they know what a cheap shot is. I'm just taking their word for it.

prodigy
10-21-2017, 02:18 PM

I agree. if you and a teammate hate each other this much (read reports that this has been building up) Then they should have spoken with coaches and moves could be made. neither player is anything special.

eDush
10-21-2017, 04:03 PM

I agree. if you and a teammate hate each other this much (read reports that this has been building up) Then they should have spoken with coaches and moves could be made. neither player is anything special.Or take it off the court to settle this and both agree not to get the team involved. Since it happens in their practice facilities, Portis should be suspended indefinitely or released. I remember that racist Raiders player who broke a teammates jaw and then the team released the broken jaw guy and did not even suspend the racist. As you might've suspected, the rest of the players stop playing as a team like they were tanking that season and basically ignored their HC. Forgot the players names involved or the coach at the moment lol :(

cmellofan15
10-21-2017, 04:31 PM

I would guess it’s pretty easy to break a bone in someone’s face if you are a 6’11” 250lb professional athlete..

Aust
10-21-2017, 09:09 PM
I just realized the Bulls just had their own Jets moment

Jeffy25
10-22-2017, 02:18 AM

When does this become assault? Because it would be anywhere else in life.

KingPosey
10-22-2017, 08:51 AM

Wait, someone physically lunging at you to attack you and you punching them in defense is the same as if he shot him? Some of you need to get a grip lol

cmellofan15
10-22-2017, 09:36 AM

except the the 30+ states with stand-your-ground laws :shrug:

ewing
10-22-2017, 10:11 AM

I think when one guy charges another but I'm no lawyer

tredigs
10-22-2017, 10:41 AM
Did anything come out with definitive proof or are you guys still just playing the telephone game in here? I said cheap shot because the initial report said it was a cheap shot. Not sure why it would say that if Mirotic lunged at him and was struck in self defense as many seem to be indicating. But maybe his bff wrote the report, I'm not sure. Also stands to reason that if the Bulls gave Portis a massive suspension for something that happened in practice, they too were not exactly thrilled with his actions and probably did not consider it self defense. Food for thought. Carry on TMZ.

KingPosey
10-22-2017, 10:56 AM
Did anything come out with definitive proof or are you guys still just playing the telephone game in here? I said cheap shot because the initial report said it was a cheap shot. Not sure why it would say that if Mirotic lunged at him and was struck in self defense as many seem to be indicating. But maybe his bff wrote the report, I'm not sure. Also stands to reason that if the Bulls gave Portis a massive suspension for something that happened in practice, they too were not exactly thrilled with his actions and probably did not consider it self defense. Food for thought. Carry on TMZ.so if you read a report and go off that, that’s ok. But if the other posters go off of reports refuting your account by some credible guys after there’s been time to dig in, it’s the “telephone game”?

tredigs
10-22-2017, 12:19 PM
so if you read a report and go off that, that’s ok. But if the other posters go off of reports refuting your account by some credible guys after there’s been time to dig in, it’s the “telephone game”?

Did I make a statement or ask a question? I will ask again, did any definitive proof come out to the contrary of the initial report? I will say I'm more prone to being dubious of later reports that come out and temper down a story if it is not supplemented with proof.

cmellofan15
10-22-2017, 12:36 PM
Even the initial report said they were in a shoving match, so would you consider Portis escalating it a “cheap shot” when they were already getting physical? And the later report came from Woj who is not a guy that’s known for tempering down stories.

Jeffy25
10-22-2017, 09:41 PM
except the the 30+ states with stand-your-ground laws :shrug:

Cheap shots wouldn't constitute stand your ground.

cmellofan15
10-22-2017, 10:06 PM
Cheap shots wouldn't constitute stand your ground.

LMAO and when did punching someone who’s shoving you become a cheap shot? Or does that definition change to fit the whole “Mirotic is a victim” storyline?

tredigs
10-22-2017, 10:41 PM
Even the initial report said they were in a shoving match, so would you consider Portis escalating it a “cheap shot” when they were already getting physical? And the later report came from Woj who is not a guy that’s known for tempering down stories.

Lmfao. You can shove somebody and then still receive a cheap shot, I assure you.

I assume that like KingPosey you have nothing to refute the inital report that it was a cheap shot. Seeing as the Bulls themselves suspended their own player nearly a month of games, I'm going to assume they know he was in the wrong. Moving on.

Jeffy25
10-23-2017, 12:19 AM
LMAO and when did punching someone who’s shoving you become a cheap shot? Or does that definition change to fit the whole “Mirotic is a victim” storyline?

I have no favor here, but my understanding is that Portis and Mirotic were fighting for positioning and then Portis hit him.

tredigs
10-23-2017, 12:50 AM
I have no favor here, but my understanding is that Portis and Mirotic were fighting for positioning and then Portis hit him.
This thread clearly needs facts. So what are you basing this off?

effen5
10-23-2017, 01:01 PM

Michael Jordan decked Steve Kerr. Seriously, who cares. If Niko started it, he needs to be released.

prodigy
10-24-2017, 09:11 AM
I would guess it’s pretty easy to break a bone in someone’s face if you are a 6’11” 250lb professional athlete..

He wasn't punching a 6'0 170 pound guy was he?

prodigy
10-24-2017, 09:14 AM

Grow the F up. Thats what i would tell these players. This isn't the streets. These two players are rich pro athletes. They have a great opportunity in front of them. If they wanna swing at people cheap shot or not than Quit and go be a boxer. lets be adults.

ewing
10-24-2017, 09:32 AM
^^^ this guy is a grown up!

cmellofan15
10-24-2017, 12:38 PM
Lmfao. You can shove somebody and then still receive a cheap shot, I assure you.

A punch to the face after someone pushes you isn’t a cheap shot. It’s not like he kicked him in the nuts like your favorite player likes to do.

I assume that like KingPosey you have nothing to refute the inital report that it was a cheap shot. Seeing as the Bulls themselves suspended their own player nearly a month of games, I'm going to assume they know he was in the wrong. Moving on.

Did you not read woj’s report or do you need me to read it to you? Or does he not hold the same credibility as SB Nation? LMAO

cmellofan15
10-24-2017, 12:41 PM
Grow the F up. Thats what i would tell these players. This isn't the streets. These two players are rich pro athletes. They have a great opportunity in front of them. If they wanna swing at people cheap shot or not than Quit and go be a boxer. lets be adults.

HAHAHAHA you’re such an adult. Thank you for the sage wisdom im sure this is what everyone here needs to hear. Hopefully Porter and Mirotic check this out and change their lives

cmellofan15
10-24-2017, 12:46 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21056581/nikola-mirotic-chicago-bulls-indefinitely-altercation-teammate-bobby-portis

Here you go sweetie—wasn’t too hard to find but it wasn’t in the OP so I’m sure that confused you and makes it unbelievable

WaDe03
10-24-2017, 12:47 PM
Portis can't jump over a phone book. I think that's the biggest issue here.

effen5
10-24-2017, 01:02 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21056581/nikola-mirotic-chicago-bulls-indefinitely-altercation-teammate-bobby-portis

Here you go sweetie—wasn’t too hard to find but it wasn’t in the OP so I’m sure that confused you and makes it unbelievable

Mirotic charged at Portis twice before Portis threw a punch and connected with Mirotic's face, league sources said. Mirotic dropped to the floor and lay there for several minutes before getting up, league sources said.

Maybe don't start a fight that you can't win Niko you ******** *****.

prodigy
10-24-2017, 01:36 PM
HAHAHAHA you’re such an adult. Thank you for the sage wisdom im sure this is what everyone here needs to hear. Hopefully Porter and Mirotic check this out and change their lives

Thank you. Am I wrong?

prodigy
10-24-2017, 01:38 PM
Maybe don't start a fight that you can't win Niko you ******** *****.

facts

tredigs
10-24-2017, 03:03 PM
A punch to the face after someone pushes you isn’t a cheap shot. It’s not like he kicked him in the nuts like your favorite player likes to do.

Did you not read woj’s report or do you need me to read it to you? Or does he not hold the same credibility as SB Nation? LMAO

Watch out for tough guy. I asked an open question, I'm not pretending to know what happened. I especially like your "or does he not hold as much credibility as sb Nation LMAO". My OP is from Sham of Yahoo Sports/the Vertical you dunce. You know, the guy who Woj signed who breaks all the stories in the NBA before Woj now.

From my OP, "Mirotic was taken to the hospital Tuesday after a shoving altercation during practice ended with an alleged surprise punch from Portis to Mirotic’s face, league sources told Yahoo Sports."

And again, I'm doubting that the Bulls lay one of the heaviest team suspensions in history on their player if they think he was acting in self defense. Regardless, it's all telephone game at this point. But I'll lean on trusting the initial story that came out from the top news breaker in the NBA right now. Things can get spun quickly after the fact.

effen5
10-24-2017, 11:02 PM
Watch out for tough guy. I asked an open question, I'm not pretending to know what happened. I especially like your "or does he not hold as much credibility as sb Nation LMAO". My OP is from Sham of Yahoo Sports/the Vertical you dunce. You know, the guy who Woj signed who breaks all the stories in the NBA before Woj now.

From my OP, "Mirotic was taken to the hospital Tuesday after a shoving altercation during practice ended with an alleged surprise punch from Portis to Mirotic’s face, league sources told Yahoo Sports."

And again, I'm doubting that the Bulls lay one of the heaviest team suspensions in history on their player if they think he was acting in self defense. Regardless, it's all telephone game at this point. But I'll lean on trusting the initial story that came out from the top news breaker in the NBA right now. Things can get spun quickly after the fact.

He was suspended 8 games no big deal

tredigs
10-24-2017, 11:49 PM
He was suspended 8 games no big deal

By his own team. It's actually a pretty huge and nearly unprecedented team suspension. The only longer one I can think of is when Spreewell attacked/choked Carlesimo in practice (his head coach).