PDA

View Full Version : PSD NBA Player Power Rankings: #10

mrblisterdundee
10-14-2017, 03:16 AM
This will be the last ranking, with the NBA Season starting. There will be two days for voting. I added Klay Thompson, ranked 19th on #NBArank (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/nbarank1130/nbarank-players-11-30).

1. Lebron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Kawhi Leonard
4. Stephen Curry
5. Russell Westbrook
6. James Harden
7. Chris Paul
8. Anthony Davis
9. Giannis Antetokounmpo

Heediot
10-14-2017, 06:44 AM
Jokic based off what he will do and a perceived jump in play.

kdspurman
10-14-2017, 11:23 AM
Changed poll to public and added previous votes

archdevil84
10-14-2017, 11:41 AM
PG or JB here for me

mrblisterdundee
10-14-2017, 03:22 PM
Changed poll to public and added previous votes

Thanks; one day I'll remember to do that.

mngopher35
10-14-2017, 03:39 PM
Not sure who I will go for here but I don't think I can get behind PG. If we wanna go to one of the wings I think Butler has a better case in comparison (statistically it's pretty obvious with PER, WS, BPM, RPM all pointing to Butler).

Green/Towns are the big men I am thinking about though both with a few questions. Towns is obviously more potential giving him the most ?'s. Green on the other hand has had major impact for top teams but is also in a perfect position to maximize his abilities. Would said impact translate on lesser teams where more is asked from him or would we see a similar talent just with less impact/efficiency overall due to situation. He is a solid playmaker but what if it opportunities weren't created by Curry? What if lanes weren't open due to Klay/Durant there as well? What if those same guys weren't the one's finishing plays or system was not able to operate quite the same due to talent?

I will wait a little to vote on this one and see if there is any discussion/look some stuff up.

Vee-Rex
10-14-2017, 03:55 PM
I looked at all the numbers and decided to go with KAT.

ewing
10-14-2017, 05:25 PM
Donít see how itís not Wall or Lillard. Kat has lead nothing. If you overrate Green like Trig fine but no way do I take Towns for one season right now before John Wall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chronz
10-14-2017, 06:31 PM
Not sure who I will go for here but I don't think I can get behind PG. If we wanna go to one of the wings I think Butler has a better case in comparison (statistically it's pretty obvious with PER, WS, BPM, RPM all pointing to Butler).

Green/Towns are the big men I am thinking about though both with a few questions. Towns is obviously more potential giving him the most ?'s. Green on the other hand has had major impact for top teams but is also in a perfect position to maximize his abilities. Would said impact translate on lesser teams where more is asked from him or would we see a similar talent just with less impact/efficiency overall due to situation. He is a solid playmaker but what if it opportunities weren't created by Curry? What if lanes weren't open due to Klay/Durant there as well? What if those same guys weren't the one's finishing plays or system was not able to operate quite the same due to talent?

I will wait a little to vote on this one and see if there is any discussion/look some stuff up.
The ultimate skill+alleged playoff riser vs durable rs brute debate

Chronz
10-14-2017, 06:35 PM
Donít see how itís not Wall or Lillard. Kat has lead nothing. If you overrate Green like Trig fine but no way do I take Towns for one season right now before John Wall

And you hate wall. Might change my vote on this fact alone. Green fine, tho I think Blake is nearing him overall this season, but I got a stiffy for Jimmy man. I will say this, if Gasol n Conley make the playoffs this year, we really gotta reconsider this whole thing.

Chronz
10-14-2017, 06:36 PM
I looked at all the numbers and decided to go with KAT.

That's cuz you really mistrust defensive plus minus based analytics huh

ewing
10-14-2017, 06:38 PM
And you hate wall. Might change my vote on this fact alone. Green fine, tho I think Blake is nearing him overall this season, but I got a stiffy for Jimmy man. I will say this, if Gasol n Conley make the playoffs this year, we really gotta reconsider this whole thing.

I know but he does soooo much more then Towns and has the experience of leading a team. He is clearly a better player right now IMO. I'd take Gasol before Towns too but it closer IMO. Blake cant keep his *** on a basketball court so unfortunately he doesn't get consideration

Chronz
10-14-2017, 06:49 PM
I know but he does soooo much more then Towns and has the experience of leading a team. He is clearly a better player right now IMO. I'd take Gasol before Towns too but it closer IMO. Blake cant keep his *** on a basketball court so unfortunately he doesn't get consideration

your KT argument boils down to whether or not you think hes one of the worst bigs defensively, like epically bad because the only way someone as skilled and productive as he not being worth his individually quantitative value is if you think he's a black hole and/or bad on the side we can't exactly accurately measure.

As for Blake, this will be his apex year

ewing
10-14-2017, 07:09 PM
your KT argument boils down to whether or not you think hes one of the worst bigs defensively, like epically bad because the only way someone as skilled and productive as he not being worth his individually quantitative value is if you think he's a black hole and/or bad on the side we can't exactly accurately measure.

As for Blake, this will be his apex year

No boils down to his impact on the basketball floor. Wall sets tempo, creates for others, leads, and plays better D. Towns is a good scorer but he is not controlling the ball or tempo of the game and really doesn't make the defense move a lot (he does stretch the floor but that is it) . he is a good scorer but not a guy you can play through. He is just a good weapon. If Blake plays basketball he is clearly better. I would take a healthy Blake over anyone on the board.

ewing
10-14-2017, 07:14 PM
this board loves overrating PFs in Minn

Vee-Rex
10-14-2017, 07:29 PM
That's cuz you really mistrust defensive plus minus based analytics huh

No. It's just not the end-all be-all for me. If I judged everything based on plus/minus I'd be completely lost. I like to use a combination of both advanced and traditional stats.

Besides, I'm liking SportVu tracking more and more, and while KAT is a BAD perimeter defender he's not nearly as bad on the inside. There's a lot worse defenders who are bigs.

mrblisterdundee
10-14-2017, 08:06 PM
This is an interesting rivalry. Three of the five players getting votes are 26. One is 27.
Then there's Towns. I think there's some bias against how young he is, and how crappy the Timberwolves have been. We're going to see his defense improve significantly with Butler around. I still don't like having a non-shooter like Wiggins with him and Butler, but Towns should just keep getting better.

tredigs
10-14-2017, 08:11 PM
Draymond's turn

Vee-Rex
10-14-2017, 08:19 PM
This is an interesting rivalry. Three of the five players getting votes are 26. One is 27.
Then there's Towns. I think there's some bias against how young he is, and how crappy the Timberwolves have been. We're going to see his defense improve significantly with Butler around. I still don't like having a non-shooter like Wiggins with him and Butler, but Towns should just keep getting better.

I agree. There's definitely youth bias against KAT. If he was an above-average/elite defender I'd have him at #5 overall (and past Harden/Westbrook). His defense ain't even as horrible as people make it out to be. You want bad defense? Look at someone like Jokic. There's no way KAT is on the same tier as him. KAT is a better scorer, rebounder, and defender. The only thing Jokic does better is pass, and he's a bit more efficient on much less volume. But everyone wants to hang from Jokic's balls. Love his game but he's getting to be overrated. He's more like 20'ish give or take a couple.

This area is a bit fuzzy anyway. I'd probably place KAT above Giannis, but people look at the fact that Giannis made the playoffs (though it was in a weak East). But IMO 9/10 is gonna be KAT or Giannis with Dray at 11. Then we can start talking Butler, Wall, Gobert, etc...

ewing
10-14-2017, 08:40 PM

I think the opposite is Towns is on his honeymoon and being overrated. He just isn't there yet.

mrblisterdundee
10-15-2017, 12:28 AM
I think the opposite is Towns is on his honeymoon and being overrated. He just isn't there yet.

Towns gets too much of the blame for the crappy construction of the Timberwolves. He's 21 and already the best perimeter shooter on his team, while being the anchor in the middle. He needs 3-and-D shooters around him and Butler. Wiggins is the one who hasn't been there, on defense and from the perimeter. If he can't get better at shooting and defense, then the roster is too fundamentally screwed to ever contend.

tredigs
10-15-2017, 12:40 AM
Towns gets too much of the blame for the crappy construction of the Timberwolves. He's 21 and already the best perimeter shooter on his team, while being the anchor in the middle. He needs 3-and-D shooters around him and Butler. Wiggins is the one who hasn't been there, on defense and from the perimeter. If he can't get better at shooting and defense, then the roster is too fundamentally screwed to ever contend.

Lmafo. KAT is a pathetic defender. Let's let that breathe, then go on to our next points.

Heediot
10-15-2017, 07:31 AM
IF you flip Milsap and Dray from the Hawks and GS last year, how would things turn out?

Do the Hawks still make the playoffs with Dray as the Main Guy? Warriors probably still win the title but are they just as effective with Milsap vs. Green? It could be possible that both guys lose value, so context/situation is a dynamic in bringing out the best in a player.

Heediot
10-15-2017, 07:38 AM
I agree. There's definitely youth bias against KAT. If he was an above-average/elite defender I'd have him at #5 overall (and past Harden/Westbrook). His defense ain't even as horrible as people make it out to be. You want bad defense? Look at someone like Jokic. There's no way KAT is on the same tier as him. KAT is a better scorer, rebounder, and defender. The only thing Jokic does better is pass, and he's a bit more efficient on much less volume. But everyone wants to hang from Jokic's balls. Love his game but he's getting to be overrated. He's more like 20'ish give or take a couple.

This area is a bit fuzzy anyway. I'd probably place KAT above Giannis, but people look at the fact that Giannis made the playoffs (though it was in a weak East). But IMO 9/10 is gonna be KAT or Giannis with Dray at 11. Then we can start talking Butler, Wall, Gobert, etc...

The reason I think KAT and AD are a bit over-rated is that they can't see the game a few steps ahead yet on neither the defensive or offensive side. They are so skilled that they can score efficiently based on talent alone, which in turn does help a team. But the players that make more of an impact play the games 2 or 3 steps ahead of anyone else. Dray, Marc, Gobert and Duncan play the defensive side 2-3 steps ahead of their counterparts that's why they influence the game more defensively. Jokic plays the game 2-3 steps ahead of his countetparts on offense that's why I think he impacts the game more on offense. Just my take. MY vote is a big homer and over-rate of Jokic, but I have faith he will back up my assessment. I think Towns improves his this year too, and starts to bring more nuances and subtleties to his game that makes him better on both ends.

ewing
10-15-2017, 09:04 AM
you know the Celtic won 25 games last year after trailing in the 4th. who do you think was most responsible for that?

mrblisterdundee
10-16-2017, 12:39 AM
Lmafo. KAT is a pathetic defender. Let's let that breathe, then go on to our next points.

I didn't say he was a good anchor. But he is their anchor, for better or worse. Towns and Wiggins are both near the bottom defensively, but they're both young and full of defensive potential. Bringing that out is why Thibs brought Butler in.

tredigs
10-16-2017, 03:24 AM
I didn't say he was a good anchor. But he is their anchor, for better or worse. Towns and Wiggins are both near the bottom defensively, but they're both young and full of defensive potential. Bringing that out is why Thibs brought Butler in.
"Potential".

Hawkeye15
10-16-2017, 09:19 AM
I always vote these deals on the upcoming season. I am taking KAT, because I think he makes a big step defensively, and is already one of the best big men offensively in the game.

hugepatsfan
10-16-2017, 02:58 PM
PG/Butler/Wall are all very close and should be the next 3 ahead of KAT. Maybe he will be better but those 3 are established enough and KAT is pathetic enough a defender that I think it's ridiculous to vote them ahead right now. Of course there's some projection involved in doing these rankings but that's getting out of hand. I can see moving him ahead of other players he hasn't been better than but projects to be but PG/Butler/Wall shoudl still be ahead.

eDush
10-17-2017, 03:14 AM
This will be the last ranking, with the NBA Season starting. There will be two days for voting. I added Klay Thompson, ranked 19th on #NBArank (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/nbarank1130/nbarank-players-11-30).

1. Lebron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Kawhi Leonard
4. Stephen Curry
5. Russell Westbrook
6. James Harden
7. Chris Paul
8. Anthony Davis
9. Giannis AntetokounmpoI would swap KD and Steph on that impact player power ranking. He is the unsung leader of our roster and the reason why we are special :nod:

Heediot
10-20-2017, 08:20 PM
I take back my kyrie nomination. Yeah he's steps up in the playoffs but the guy cannot make his teammates better. He still has value with the proper team constructed around him, but the guy sucks at being a pg. He's another guy that doesn't think the game a few steps ahead. Small sample size so far, but it looks like the same old kyrie, i thought he was going to step up and take the opportunity to showcase his talent, we will see.

basch152
10-20-2017, 08:31 PM
I take back my kyrie nomination. Yeah he's steps up in the playoffs but the guy cannot make his teammates better. He still has value with the proper team constructed around him, but the guy sucks at being a pg. He's another guy that doesn't think the game a few steps ahead. Small sample size so far, but it looks like the same old kyrie, i thought he was going to step up and take the opportunity to showcase his talent, we will see.

I had been trying to tell you this for like 5 threads.

players whose only skill is scoring will always put up pretty numbers but won't add much in the win department.

FlashBolt
10-20-2017, 08:35 PM

Wait.. you actually thought Kyrie was top ten?

basch152
10-20-2017, 08:36 PM
Wait.. you actually thought Kyrie was top ten?

yes. I had literally been arguing with him about it for at least the last 3 threads.

Heediot
10-20-2017, 08:58 PM
LOLOL.

I didn't think he was top ten. I just didn't like the fact that he wasn't on the list of choices. I had him around 15-17 ish. I still take him in the playoffs on my team any day. I still think he top 20 but he is what he is a pure scorer. He's more of a dominant reliever, guys you need in clutch and high leverage situations (Andrew Miller, Jansen type), but those guys are never mentioned as high top 10 pitchers.

I still believe people **** on him because of the way he plays and neglects his strengths as a player. I'll always defend his strengths.

FlashBolt
10-20-2017, 09:00 PM
LOLOL.

I didn't think he was top ten. I just didn't like the fact that he wasn't on the list of choices. I had him around 15-17 ish. I still take him in the playoffs on my team any day. I still think he top 20 but he is what he is a pure scorer. He's more of a dominant reliever, guys you need in clutch and high leverage situations (Andrew Miller, Jansen type), but those guys are never mentioned as high top 10 pitchers.

I still believe people **** on him because of the way he plays and neglects his strengths as a player. I'll always defend his strengths.

He might look top ten with LeBron but without, he's probably in the 15-20 area.

Heediot
10-20-2017, 09:07 PM
He might look top ten with LeBron but without, he's probably in the 15-20 area.

I never really had him top 10, but when I saw Lillard on the list of choices, I asked myself why not Kyrie? I like Klay and he brings shooting and defense, but he still gets exposed in the playoffs a lot too, even with Curry and kD drawing attention. Lowry seems to be more loved as a pg but he gets exposed as **** also. Guys like KYrie although flawed have tremendous value in the playoffs. Most pgs and wings have lesser effectiveness in the playoffs. Even other all-stars that play with bron have their shooting numbers take a dip in the post-season. Kyrie knows how to get his, his problem is he has to work on getting others their. I don't know how much you can develop that, some guys are just naturals like James, Paul and Jokic. Others get somewhat better through experience and stat padding Harden & RW.

FlashBolt
10-20-2017, 09:09 PM
I never really had him top 10, but when I saw Lillard on the list of choices, I asked myself why not Kyrie? I like Klay and he brings shooting and defense, but he still gets exposed in the playoffs a lot too, even with Curry and kD drawing attention. Lowry seems to be more loved as a pg but he gets exposed as **** also. Guys like KYrie although flawed have tremendous value in the playoffs. Even other all-stars that play with bron have their shooting numbers take a dip in the post-season. Kyrie knows how to get his, his problem is he has to work on getting others their. I don't know how much you can develop that, some guys are just naturals like James, Paul and Jokic. Others get somewhat better through experience and stat padding Harden & RW.

yeah but can he even get his team to the playoffs? and even when he was in the playoffs, he succeeded because LeBron drew so much attention so if you want to 1-on-1, you'll most likely get zero double or triple teams. Kyrie hasn't figured a way to stop that - which is why i always emphasized making his TEAMMATES better so he can do something besides getting triple teamed. He never learned how or refused to. it's just pathetic to be honest.

lol, please
10-21-2017, 12:46 AM
Leonard and Lebron over Curry? Just lol.

basch152
10-21-2017, 01:14 AM
Leonard and Lebron over Curry? Just lol.

curry is my favorite player but that's about right. the only reason it would even be arguable for curry over LeBron is because LeBron is getting up there in age and has pretty clearly lost a step. he's still probably better than curry though.

Bruno
10-22-2017, 05:34 PM
you guys blew the Giannis placement. futures yesterday.

this ones close between Butler Towns and Wall. I'd lean Wall right now. If Butler figures out how to produce at near Chicago levels in Minny i'd lean Butler over Wall. not sure about that though.

Hawkeye15
10-23-2017, 09:24 AM

I don't see how this isn't obvious to people. Kyrie is a playground player. Fancy, razzle dazzle, and at the end of the day, makes nobody better, doesn't guard anyone, and dribbles the air out of the ball so much that his teammates basically stop moving.

THE most overrated player in the NBA.

Hawkeye15
10-23-2017, 09:25 AM

KAT is arguably the best offensive big man already. His defense, is very poor. Becoming just an average defender would cement him on the All-NBA teams for years..

Hawkeye15
10-23-2017, 09:25 AM
you know the Celtic won 25 games last year after trailing in the 4th. who do you think was most responsible for that?

Brad Stevens?

Hawkeye15
10-23-2017, 09:27 AM
LOLOL.

when Irving is in a groove, he is a lights out scorer. But he holds literally negative value outside scoring. So if he isn't blazing hot, what good is he?

Hawkeye15
10-23-2017, 11:43 AM
He doesn't have to be BLAZING HOT to be helpful to a team. On opening night he went 8/17 from the field and 10 assists. He's always a threat to score and I think if you're saying he has to be BLAZING HOT or he's worthless then you're just lying.

well yeah, he doesn't need to be nova hot. But if he isn't scoring at a high clip, and efficiently, he is of no value. He is a one trick pony, albeit that trick is fairly important in the game of basketball.

Vee-Rex
10-23-2017, 11:44 AM
when Irving is in a groove, he is a lights out scorer. But he holds literally negative value outside scoring. So if he isn't blazing hot, what good is he?

He doesn't have to be BLAZING HOT to be helpful to a team. On opening night he went 8/17 from the field and 10 assists. He's always a threat to score and I think if you're saying he has to be BLAZING HOT or he's worthless then you're just lying.

valade16
10-23-2017, 11:50 AM

Well his +/- that game was -1, they lost and he certainly didn't lift Boston after Hayward went out. He did not have a superstar or top player impact for them that game, which was very bad for Boston when their other star went out.

Hawkeye15
10-23-2017, 11:51 AM
Well his +/- that game was -1, they lost and he certainly didn't lift Boston after Hayward went out. He did not have a superstar or top player impact for them that game, which was very bad for Boston when their other star went out.

that is the thing with Kyrie. The dude puts up nice looking numbers, yet his teams are really never any better when he plays, in fact many times better when he doesn't. If I am a Cleveland fan, I defend him purely from his showing up in the 2016 finals and being so big.

He is just so ****ing hollow to me. I don't get how he is put up there with the stars of the league..

Vee-Rex
10-23-2017, 01:02 PM

And he was only a -2 when he went 7/25, 3 assists and 3 turnovers their next game. He was the BLAZING COLD in that game, you'd think he would be a -20 or something, right?

+/- is already rough as a primary way to judge a player's impact, let alone +/- in a single game. In that very same game, LeBron was only a +2 despite putting up 29/16/9 on elite efficiency.

I mean, I get it - people expect him to be a superstar or a top player but he's not. He's a top 20'ish all-star player.

No, he doesn't have to be blazing hot to have an impact or be productive. I remember Hawkeye once questioned whether or not he was a top 50 player in the league and he's admittedly biased against Kyrie.

Hawkeye15
10-23-2017, 01:54 PM
And he was only a -2 when he went 7/25, 3 assists and 3 turnovers their next game. He was the BLAZING COLD in that game, you'd think he would be a -20 or something, right?

+/- is already rough as a primary way to judge a player's impact, let alone +/- in a single game. In that very same game, LeBron was only a +2 despite putting up 29/16/9 on elite efficiency.

I mean, I get it - people expect him to be a superstar or a top player but he's not. He's a top 20'ish all-star player.

No, he doesn't have to be blazing hot to have an impact or be productive. I remember Hawkeye once questioned whether or not he was a top 50 player in the league and he's admittedly biased against Kyrie.

for a single game (hell even for 3-4-5 months), yes. For year after year, I disagree.

FlashBolt
10-23-2017, 02:16 PM

Most of those assists were to Jaylen Brown - who the Cavs literally let him get to the basket freely for whatever reason. I saw zero resistance to Jaylen that made few sense. Also, LeBron didn't even stay in front of anyone because he had cardio issues.. So no, Kyrie, when he is not effectively scoring, is a rather useless player to have on the floor. Could he be useful? Sure. But he doesn't try to be. You can't tell me this guy can't play defense when he wants to (he plays it vs Curry, apparently) nor can you tell me he doesn't pass the ball well when he tries to. Point is, he doesn't do it consistently to where you can say he has a greater overall effect than some of these other guys.

lol, please
10-23-2017, 03:20 PM

How is +/- a poor way to judge a player's impact? What better way is there?

Bostonjorge
10-26-2017, 03:41 AM
I see Kyrie leading Boston to the east finals. Kyrie also doing it with Brown and Tatum as the next best players. A rookie and a sophomore.

thegerman
10-26-2017, 06:19 AM
what about gorbert? without him the jazz wouldn`t be anthing, it is still about value for a team

ewing
10-26-2017, 08:07 AM
Brad Stevens?

he does put the ball in the hole a lot

ewing
10-26-2017, 08:09 AM
what about gorbert? without him the jazz wouldn`t be anthing, it is still about value for a team

i think he is one of the few changers defensively in this league.

Hawkeye15
10-26-2017, 01:42 PM
he does put the ball in the hole a lot

Carl Spackler?

lol, please
10-26-2017, 02:16 PM

Well said.

Carl Spackler?

Roxy Raye in Evil Angel

mightybosstone
10-26-2017, 05:01 PM
It's too late to be doing these polls at this point. Every day our opinions of these guys are changing. Butler is a great example. Preseason, I absolutely would have put Butler in my top 10. But he's been so incredibly pedestrian in that sample size in Minnesota that it would definitely have an effect on my ranking right now.

If we're going to do these polls, they need to be 100 percent completed before the start of the season so that we aren't taking small, current sample sizes too seriously.

lol, please
10-27-2017, 02:40 PM
It's too late to be doing these polls at this point. Every day our opinions of these guys are changing. Butler is a great example. Preseason, I absolutely would have put Butler in my top 10. But he's been so incredibly pedestrian in that sample size in Minnesota that it would definitely have an effect on my ranking right now.

If we're going to do these polls, they need to be 100 percent completed before the start of the season so that we aren't taking small, current sample sizes too seriously.

Well said.

thegerman
10-27-2017, 02:50 PM
towns is the future, he will be top 10 for a lot of guys in 5 years

FlashBolt
10-27-2017, 08:32 PM

Yeah. I started this first and wanted to get to top 25 by the time the season started but it's been real slow moving on. Just not enough interest and sometimes people forget. I think it's time to stop this.

ewing
10-28-2017, 12:01 AM
yeah still taking IT

Hawkeye15
10-30-2017, 12:00 PM

for sure.

Bostonjorge
10-31-2017, 03:00 PM
Irving has Boston on a 5 game win streak. Even took down San Antonio.

hugepatsfan
10-31-2017, 03:23 PM

He is NOT the #10 player in the NBA.

That being said, he's starting to fit in beautifully. Developing good balance between passing and scoring, on-ball and off-ball. Defending very well within the team concept. He's doing a good job of being a team leader but not an annoying and overly dominating personality.

Hawkeye15
11-01-2017, 10:20 AM

he sucks

ewing
11-01-2017, 10:47 AM
Heís no Rubio

Hawkeye15
11-01-2017, 11:15 AM
Heís no Rubio

can't all be a unicorn dude

Vee-Rex
11-01-2017, 01:37 PM
He is NOT the #10 player in the NBA.

That being said, he's starting to fit in beautifully. Developing good balance between passing and scoring, on-ball and off-ball. Defending very well within the team concept. He's doing a good job of being a team leader but not an annoying and overly dominating personality.

I got a list of PSD user names I will make eat crow at the end of the year when Kyrie shows he can be that man.

Bostonjorge
11-02-2017, 01:31 AM
he sucks

Kyrie has Boston in 1st place in the east.

Giannis94
11-02-2017, 10:58 AM
y isn't embiid #1?

JLynn943
11-03-2017, 09:46 AM
Towns should not be #10 at all. Half of this list should be above him right now.

ewing
11-04-2017, 05:20 PM
Towns should not be #10 at all. Half of this list should be above him right now.

Towns is the new KG. We are going to pretend he is MVP level until he is surrounded by all stars then we are going to go see, he is an all time great

tredigs
11-04-2017, 11:29 PM
Towns is the new KG. We are going to pretend he is MVP level until he is surrounded by all stars then we are going to go see, he is an all time great

He's quiet and horrible defensively. Not following.

Potential great player, yes, but nothing like KG.

ewing
11-05-2017, 09:27 AM
He's quiet and horrible defensively. Not following.

Potential great player, yes, but nothing like KG.

He plays the same position, in the same town, and every year its this is the year then itís not but no one goes maybe hes not as good as we thought

Heediot
11-06-2017, 02:10 PM
I think kat and ad are a bit over-rated. I think Marc makes his team better vs. those guys this year. yet most barely consider him top 15-20.

Vee-Rex
11-08-2017, 12:13 PM
I think kat and ad are a bit over-rated. I think Marc makes his team better vs. those guys this year. yet most barely consider him top 15-20.

Marc has better teammates than AD (DMC aside). You can do everything you can to help your teammates but if they can't make shots or play defense they're gonna suck.

Not taking away from what Marc does, because he's obviously an incredible player, but the Pelicans and Grizz are two different teams.

mngopher35
11-08-2017, 04:56 PM
I legit thought towns was going to make a big jump defensively. Without that he can't be a top 10 player yet. I still think he can get there but he needs to keep growing on that end and hopefully take a real jump at some point this season there

Heediot
11-08-2017, 04:56 PM
Marc has better teammates than AD (DMC aside). You can do everything you can to help your teammates but if they can't make shots or play defense they're gonna suck.

Not taking away from what Marc does, because he's obviously an incredible player, but the Pelicans and Grizz are two different teams.

Players just play better with Marc Gasol vs. AD. It's not that he has better talent around him, players play better off of Marc vs. AD. Tyreke for example plays better on the Grizz. AD is the better individual talent, that can create what he wants better. Gasol is the more galvanizing talent, who knows how to play within any given frame work. He's good on and off the ball and doesn't need high usage to make an impact. The subtle things he does goes unnoticed.

Chronz
11-08-2017, 05:39 PM
Players just play better with Marc Gasol vs. AD. It's not that he has better talent around him, players play better off of Marc vs. AD. Tyreke for example plays better on the Grizz. AD is the better individual talent, that can create what he wants better. Gasol is the more galvanizing talent, who knows how to play within any given frame work. He's good on and off the ball and doesn't need high usage to make an impact. The subtle things he does goes unnoticed.

Very much like horford also, their talent just makes the pieces fit, that said, maybe we underrate Conley

Bruno
11-13-2017, 03:43 PM
seasons 1/8th finished and Kristaps is top 3 in PER. his usg has gone up 12% and his TS% has gone up to over .6 despite the extra action. merits a nomination.

AntiG
11-21-2017, 01:38 AM
I think Kyrie is proving that he's not only a top 10 player, but maybe #7 in the NBA at this point.