PDA

View Full Version : Thabo Sefolosha pulls woman from Provo River

mrblisterdundee
10-08-2017, 11:59 PM
Jazz wing Thabo Sefolosha, rafting in the offseason with his family, saved Lori Clark, who flipped after hitting a boulder in Utah's Provo River:

One of her friends, Heidi Bishop, grabbed her shirt and tried to take her along with her, but she was worried that Clark might capsize her as well. As she thrashed along in the water, Clark was hitting rocks in the stream, gathering cuts and bruises.
They asked for help from at least one other person as they struggled: He advised them to keep along as they were and then went on his way.
It was at this moment of peril that the Sefoloshas came up the river. Thabo asked if he could help, then helped lift her into his raft.
“I don’t know how I would’ve gotten her 20 more minutes down the river,” Bishop recalled. “He really did save her life.”
- Kyle Goon, Salt Lake Tribune (http://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2017/10/06/life-saver-jazz-forward-thabo-sefolosha-rescued-a-woman-in-the-provo-river-in-the-offseason/)

IndyRealist
10-09-2017, 07:53 PM
Thabo is a class act. Shame he's bounced around the league so much.

NYKnickFanatic
10-09-2017, 08:05 PM
Thabo is a class act. Shame he's bounced around the league so much.

3 years with the Bulls.
6 years with the Thunder.
3 years with the Hawks.
and now with the Jazz.

I wouldn't say he bounced around so much.

EDIT:

These guys have bounced around; Jim Jackson, Joe Smith, Mike James...

IndyRealist
10-09-2017, 09:04 PM
3 years with the Bulls.
6 years with the Thunder.
3 years with the Hawks.
and now with the Jazz.

I wouldn't say he bounced around so much.

EDIT:

These guys have bounced around; Jim Jackson, Joe Smith, Mike James...

I'd say 4 teams in now 13 years is bouncing around. It's not like it happened at the end of his career where he's getting cut for younger players.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-09-2017, 09:15 PM
I'd say 4 teams in now 13 years is bouncing around. It's not like it happened at the end of his career where he's getting cut for younger players.

It's really just 3 teams in 13 years. It'll be 4 years in 15 years when he finishes his contract with the Jazz. That's pretty stable for a role player if you average nearly 4 years per team considering that's the max number of years a contract can run for a guy like him.

IndyRealist
10-09-2017, 09:24 PM
It's really just 3 teams in 13 years. It'll be 4 years in 15 years when he finishes his contract with the Jazz. That's pretty stable for a role player if you average nearly 4 years per team considering that's the max number of years a contract can run for a guy like him.

Ok I'll buy that.

ewing
10-11-2017, 09:10 PM
and a cop beat him up afterward.