Chronz
09-29-2017, 03:16 PM
Give the man a statue

NYKnickFanatic
09-29-2017, 03:17 PM
Link https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/status/913844614767022080

Hawkeye15
09-29-2017, 03:19 PM
is there an out clause, in case the cap jumps and GS has room?

Htownballa1622
09-29-2017, 03:20 PM
Shout out to him. I didn't think he would.

He's committed for sure. Happy for him and Thunder.

Pg13 .... eyes on you.

BoSox47
09-29-2017, 03:25 PM
Lo at thel lakers fans who been saying they were getting lebron and westbrook.

AllBall
09-29-2017, 03:29 PM
RIP Lakers

Hawkeye15
09-29-2017, 03:31 PM
Lo at thel lakers fans who been saying they were getting lebron and westbrook.

SnT dude

WaDe03
09-29-2017, 03:38 PM
LeBrons staying in Cleveland.

warfelg
09-29-2017, 03:44 PM
5 years $205 mil. Per CBSSports.

Vee-Rex
09-29-2017, 03:51 PM
FAKE NEWS

Because LeBron and Westy are teaming up in LA!!!!

Edit: No, I'm never gonna let this die down. Next year when LeBron signs with the Cavs, I'm gonna prepare a crow feast for this forum.

tredigs
09-29-2017, 03:55 PM
And the first strike to Super-Lakers is dealt!

Good+smart for Russ. Get that money and keep the nation's fans at your back.

Vee-Rex
09-29-2017, 03:56 PM
LeBrons staying in Cleveland.

I was guaranteed this wasn't the case, tho.

More-Than-Most
09-29-2017, 04:08 PM
but lakers yo

FlashBolt
09-29-2017, 04:12 PM
Signed on Kevin Durant's birthday, too. Russ is the man. We might never win a championship with him but I'm glad we have him.

Ishkabibble
09-29-2017, 04:18 PM
LOL @ LAL
Lakers fans remain convinced he'll still sign with them next year.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
Lakers down for the count. LeBron probably stays with Cavs on 1 year deals or 2 years player option here on out till he retires. PG13 probably stays with Thunder as well after seeing Lakers in lottery next draft. Melo either stays or who knows. Lakers stuck in tank mode 5 years.

R. Johnson#3
I always believed Russ would stay. He was very adamant about having his own team. Great for OKC and great for Russ. Now it's time to see if Melo and PG can accept being the 2nd and 3rd options.

LOb0
09-29-2017, 04:21 PM
Smart man, those knees could go at any time.

TrueFan420
09-29-2017, 04:36 PM
Signed on Kevin Durant's birthday, too. Russ is the man. We might never win a championship with him but I'm glad we have him.

If that's true that's hilarious. This is huge for you guys.

GiantsSwaGG
09-29-2017, 05:08 PM
Lakers got screwed

GiantsSwaGG
09-29-2017, 05:11 PM
Thread full of trolling Lakers fans.

What’s your thoughts on the situation?

GREATNESS ONE
09-29-2017, 05:12 PM

WaDe03
09-29-2017, 05:13 PM
I was guaranteed this wasn't the case, tho.

We're home, no reason for us to leave honestly.

TylerSL
09-29-2017, 05:20 PM
OKC really deserved a long term commitment from Westbrook. Obviously he would test free agency had they not gotten anybody and I even agreed he should wait after the Paul George trade. Because who knows if PG13 would have left in free agency after the season to go to the Lakers or not. Getting Melo changed things though because even though all three could have became free agents and possibly left in free agency, OKC made a title contender by moving spare parts.

With Westbrook locked in long term, and with OKC able to give long-term contracts to both PG and Melo with bird rights, there is no reason for them to leave and a lot of reasons to stay also. OKC will be able to build a future around Westbrook, George, and Melo and build on a really strong core.

Lakers + Giants
09-29-2017, 05:20 PM
I'll say this. I never once even thought about WB to Lakers with lebron.

PG and Lebron? Yes. This extension basically tells me PG is staying in OKC tho :(

BKLYNpigeon
09-29-2017, 05:23 PM
There was no where else for Russ to go with his playing style. Why would Lakers want Russ when they have Lozno at point?

I hope he got a No Trade Clause with that contract.

WaDe03
09-29-2017, 05:29 PM
There was no where else for Russ to go with his playing style. Why would Lakers want Russ when they have Lozno at point?

I hope he got a No Trade Clause with that contract.

Because they want to compete and build a super team and Westbrook is worlds better than Ball.

KobeOwnSU
09-29-2017, 05:53 PM
I, for the life of me, never knew why any Laker fan want Westbrook when we have Lonzo. I never wanted LeBron either. I do want PG though. I think him, Lonzo, and Ingram will be the next great big 3

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Vee-Rex
09-29-2017, 05:53 PM
Because they want to compete and build a super team and Westbrook is worlds better than Ball.

I bet you wouldn't say that to Ball's face.

LaVar Ball, that is.

flea
09-29-2017, 05:58 PM
Not surprising. Everyone is back on the Presti train now (he was always a great GM), he's got a HOF coach, he's got a rugged anda thletic rim protector that could still improve, and he's got one year to convince Paul George that winning now is better than piddling around while Ball and Ingram take 5 years or so to actually compete.

Oh and he makes a ton of money. Good for Westbrook, now get ready to whip Melo into shape.

warfelg
09-29-2017, 06:12 PM
Now for the 5,000 “we never wanted Westbrook” anyways posts.

GREATNESS ONE
09-29-2017, 06:13 PM

So it does go one way. :)

Lakers + Giants
09-29-2017, 06:24 PM

I never stated i wanted or didnt want him in the first place. I stated i never even thought of him being a laker since we had lonzo. The whole PG+Lebron to LA thing was already a pipedream as it is. Adding RWB to that was even more of a pipedream lmao..

JAZZNC
09-29-2017, 06:25 PM
Good to see a guy committed to a small market team. Good for Westbrook!

KobeOwnSU
09-29-2017, 06:51 PM
Now for the 5,000 “we never wanted Westbrook” anyways posts.Yeah, why don't you go to our forum and see who wanted Westbrook in there. Not as many as you think. Same goes for LeBrons bum ***.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ewing
09-29-2017, 07:04 PM
He's selfish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chronz
09-29-2017, 07:06 PM
Why does the front page show me as the op? I responded to nykfanatic is all

Jamiecballer
09-29-2017, 07:24 PM
wow, crazy crazy money. nice to see a guy stay where he was drafted these days though. good on him for that.

Sssmush
09-29-2017, 08:07 PM
And the first strike to Super-Lakers is dealt!

Good+smart for Russ. Get that money and keep the nation's fans at your back.

yeah he has real Mojo in OKC and he is smart to stay there. He is also a big national star and has huge endorsements. Smart man. And he takes the $200M. Great.

Chris Paul should've done the same with the Clippers, I agree with Stephen A totally on that. How can you leave $200M on the table to play for $7M on Houston of all places. I mean yes Doc Rivers is probably a sucky coach with a huge ego and insufferably stubborn for an all time great PG like CP3 to deal with... but $200M bro. Sign the deal and then demand a trade or whatever.

I guess if next year CP3 signs a 4 year free agent deal somewhere with Lebron, then that is like $100M + the $7 this year so he only lost like $100M, so that's not that drastic. I mean who am I kidding I'm jealous but yeah... seems like an easy decision to take the $200M and be Ballmer's guy. I'd be sailing around on yachts with that dude schmoozing with his friends and doing threesomes and whatnot.

props to Westbrook for being the better decision maker here

WaDe03
09-29-2017, 08:16 PM
I bet you wouldn't say that to Ball's face.

LaVar Ball, that is.

Wouldn't even dare, he's too big too strong for Jordan so I would be a fool to say something to him.

redsox12
09-29-2017, 08:27 PM
I knew all along that a super Lakers was never happening. As much as I dislike the Lakers, I respect the young core of Ingram, Randle, and Ball.

If CLE wants to swap out Love for AD, or George or Melo next year, they can send K-Love home to LA.

SG KCP
PG Ball
SF Ingram
PF Love
C Lopez

Thats not a bad 18/19 lineup

Dade County
09-29-2017, 09:27 PM
Shout out to him. I didn't think he would.

He's committed for sure. Happy for him and Thunder.

Pg13 .... eyes on you.

I hope you are not implying that PG in any shape and form is obligated to sign with OKC.

I mean NO one should throw any fake heat towards PG way, if he leaves to another team. No why should he leave, West is right there, or Melo has another year, or whats better for him out there.

He doesn't owe them a damn thing, he was just traded to a random team.

Htownballa1622, not trying to say that you feel this way, just putting this out there.

j-bay
09-29-2017, 09:30 PM
OH! So when John Wall signs a 40 million dollar deal "Its too much", but when Russ signs a 40 million dollar deal "Good to see Russ back in OKC".

lakers squad
09-29-2017, 09:39 PM
I never bought into the westbrook to LA rumor's! Now the PG13 and LBJ rumor's have a little more substance to them, But they took a hit as well when the thunder traded for Melo imo!

AllBall
09-29-2017, 09:50 PM
OH! So when John Wall signs a 40 million dollar deal "Its too much", but when Russ signs a 40 million dollar deal "Good to see Russ back in OKC".

NBA MVP does that for ya.

lakers squad
09-29-2017, 09:52 PM
@Sssmush Once you get up into the money these guy's are making it becomes monopoly money, A few million is not that big a deal..!

ewing
09-29-2017, 10:00 PM

He is better

Htownballa1622
09-29-2017, 10:14 PM
I hope you are not implying that PG in any shape and form is obligated to sign with OKC.

I mean NO one should throw any fake heat towards PG way, if he leaves to another team. No why should he leave, West is right there, or Melo has another year, or whats better for him out there.

He doesn't owe them a damn thing, he was just traded to a random team.

Htownballa1622, not trying to say that you feel this way, just putting this out there.

Naw not at all. I'm just saying that now we wait and see what pg13 decides.

I don't think he needs to stay but its definitely interesting now that Russ has committed.

Personally, I'd like to see pg leave but I wouldn't mind him staying either. I'm just curious.

Bostonjorge
09-29-2017, 10:18 PM
Westbrook has this year then the $205 million kick in. So he’s guaranteed 6 years at $233 million.

Aust
09-29-2017, 10:53 PM
Glad OKC keeps their guy. Hope this doesn't keep PG there.

I never once understood the Westbrook to LA talk.

cmellofan15
09-29-2017, 11:00 PM
You guys are idiots...this is obviously setting up the S&T to LAL

tredigs
09-29-2017, 11:27 PM
I bet Westbrook did have LA in the back of his head, but the Lonzo fever effectively ruined that as a reality.

FlashBolt
09-30-2017, 12:10 AM

And who would the Lakers give up for Westbrook...? Lonzo Ball isn't enough so unless Ingram drops at least 20/6/3, we're not trading RWB to the Lakers. I mean, what's Westbrook going to do? He ain't a crybaby so why would we S&T him..?

FlashBolt
09-30-2017, 12:11 AM

Westbrook is much better than Wall.. Wall got overpaid but that's how much players get paid these days so I guess it is what it is.

GREATNESS ONE
09-30-2017, 01:09 AM
And who would the Lakers give up for Westbrook...? Lonzo Ball isn't enough so unless Ingram drops at least 20/6/3, we're not trading RWB to the Lakers. I mean, what's Westbrook going to do? He ain't a crybaby so why would we S&T him..?

Lol he was being sarcastic...

lakers squad
09-30-2017, 01:17 AM
OKC really deserved a long term commitment from Westbrook. Obviously he would test free agency had they not gotten anybody and I even agreed he should wait after the Paul George trade. Because who knows if PG13 would have left in free agency after the season to go to the Lakers or not. Getting Melo changed things though because even though all three could have became free agents and possibly left in free agency, OKC made a title contender by moving spare parts.

With Westbrook locked in long term, and with OKC able to give long-term contracts to both PG and Melo with bird rights, there is no reason for them to leave and a lot of reasons to stay also. OKC will be able to build a future around Westbrook, George, and Melo and build on a really strong core.

Im not so sure about no reasons to leave, although signing Melo helped tremendously, I don't think it's a lock to place PG13 at resigning yet, I would put this close to 50/50 still, PG13 has said plenty of time's in the past that his dream is playing for the Lakers, but that he puts winning above that! Now if these guys don't completely click and get bounced from the second rd r so, I could tot see PG13 hooking up with LBJ in LA if Lebron decied's he's headed to the Lakeshow!

More-Than-Most
09-30-2017, 03:07 AM

ball/ingram/clarkson/future first and the thunder still say no... there is no package the lakers could offer that would net them westy... they dont have the talent or the pieces... ball in unknown and lonzo is all hype... clarkson is on a great deal but outside of the first 2 they have nothing... its just not possible.

Sssmush
09-30-2017, 03:35 AM
I knew all along that a super Lakers was never happening. As much as I dislike the Lakers, I respect the young core of Ingram, Randle, and Ball.

If CLE wants to swap out Love for AD, or George or Melo next year, they can send K-Love home to LA.

SG KCP
PG Ball
SF Ingram
PF Love
C Lopez

Thats not a bad 18/19 lineup

Paul George himself doesnt put the Lakers in the contenders bracket. No way. What is he like the 5th best SG in the league or something. *wow*

Also, sure the Ingram Ball Randle core has blue chip talent... but it had even more talent if it was Ingram Ball Randle Dangelo (oh yeah and Nance Koziupa KCP could be core playes too).

So Laker fans dont get too invested in a patient player development long rebuild process, cause we've got an very eager GM who wants showtime glory NOW and was all hyper even during summer league. And gave away 1/4 of the blue chip core to get salary cap to maybe sign PG next year. So theyre all in on PG already, Lebron to the Lakers is absurd clickbait, and either Lonzo is Magic 2.0 or Lakers about to go 20-62

nastynice
09-30-2017, 04:06 AM
Good move. Another solid thread created by chronz!

lakers squad
09-30-2017, 10:02 AM
I don't believe Lonzo is all hype, word coming out of camp is he has been dominate! He has took a group full of second teamer's to a 6-0 record through scrimmage's...Luke said it's amazing how slow the game is for him! I understand this is just practice, But everything im hearing is encouraging as a Lakers fan!

Vinylman
09-30-2017, 02:43 PM

Bolded is beyond ignorant... OKC doesn't have the money to do that... not even in 2018/19... the repeater tax will literally bankrupt a franchise like the OKC Thunder...

Keep the laughs coming

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-30-2017, 03:39 PM
Bolded is beyond ignorant... OKC doesn't have the money to do that... not even in 2018/19... the repeater tax will literally bankrupt a franchise like the OKC Thunder...

Keep the laughs coming

Leading Sports Media‏*@LeadingSports_ 4h
4 hours ago

More
Report: Thunder committed to paying massive luxury-tax bill next season to retain core.

The luxury tax could be $140M+....

More-Than-Most
09-30-2017, 03:43 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/paul-george-russell-westbrook-committing-to-okc-absolutely-makes-his-own-decision-easier-484464.html

OH ****.... PG totally gonna stay xD

Remember when i said the lakers should 100 percent trade for PG13 and got told NOOOOOOOOO why give up something for him when we will get him for free... I said because you are risking him going to a much much better situation and staying.... but yea... I am not the biggest PG13 fan but you give up ingram in a heart beat for him and more.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-30-2017, 03:49 PM
The luxury tax threshold in 2018-19 would fall at approximately $120.8 million. The year following it would lie at $129.2 million.

https://www.blazersedge.com/2017/9/28/16382498/nba-salary-cap-projections-2018-2019

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-30-2017, 04:09 PM
http://www.spotrac.com/nba/oklahoma-city-thunder/cap/2018/

Hard to say about next season. Since we don't know if PG13 first year extension ball park figure would be. Some suggested $30M first year. Hard to say Melo opts out of that player option. That's probably most he'll ever get per year here on out. Same reason Wade opted in.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-30-2017, 04:22 PM
$18M in luxury tax according to spotrac with PG13 making $20M and Melo opting in. So if PG13 gets $30M first year. Then its $28M tax. Besides the multiplier. They could get it down to $8M tax easily. Salary dump Roberson,Abrines,Singler. That's $20M cut right there. Thats if they wanted to keep Adams $24M salary. Also Thunders owner is in his 70's and has like $8B.

TrueFan420
09-30-2017, 05:00 PM

I mean it wouldn't be so prevalent if lakers fans didn't go around in every thread talking about how their going to build a super team to beat the warriors next year with Westy, PG, Bron and keeping Ingram and Ball who are both going to be perennial all starts.

Sssmush
09-30-2017, 05:27 PM

Keep the laughs coming

Let's not forget that the Lakers have not been in the mega- luxury tax zone either, and ownership may be looking to cash out in next few years. The legendary Jerry Buss skys-the-limit anything to win mentality is from way before the current CBA with its vast revenue sharing and incredibly punitive luxury taxes

Raps08-09 Champ
09-30-2017, 05:34 PM
That's a real man.

dhopisthename
09-30-2017, 06:24 PM
glad for thunder fans after losing durant that westbrook decided to stay.

JasonJohnHorn
09-30-2017, 08:47 PM
This is fawkin' mental.

This front office wasn't willing to pay less to keep a core with 3 MPV candidates together for a title contender, but they'll pay out the nose to keep a second-round-exit team together?

WTF?

Jamiecballer
09-30-2017, 09:51 PM
This is fawkin' mental.

This front office wasn't willing to pay less to keep a core with 3 MPV candidates together for a title contender, but they'll pay out the nose to keep a second-round-exit team together?

WTF?It's just desperation, they know if they don't they lose westbrook. Simply more to lose this time.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

JasonJohnHorn
09-30-2017, 10:18 PM
It's just desperation, they know if they don't they lose westbrook. Simply more to lose this time.

I feel like, at this point, their best bet is simply to trade him for picks and prospects. Now they are going to be in a phase of mediocrity. First-round/second-round exits, and lottery spots with a near .500 record getting them $#!t picks.

They had a very rare opportunity when they had KD, Westy, and Harden. They blew it.

It's like the Suns with Nash, JJ, Marion, Stat and QR. They let JJ go to save money... and flushed it down the toilet.

ewing
09-30-2017, 11:22 PM
Tank, tank, tank

lakers squad
09-30-2017, 11:40 PM
I feel like, at this point, their best bet is simply to trade him for picks and prospects. Now they are going to be in a phase of mediocrity. First-round/second-round exits, and lottery spots with a near .500 record getting them $#!t picks.

They had a very rare opportunity when they had KD, Westy, and Harden. They blew it.

It's like the Suns with Nash, JJ, Marion, Stat and QR. They let JJ go to save money... and flushed it down the toilet.

I remember when they decided to trade Harden, I was like wtf are they doing, if they never make that deal, And they would have ponied up and kept that team together, they would have at least 3 chips by now. They were loaded!

More-Than-Most
10-01-2017, 03:03 AM
I don't believe Lonzo is all hype, word coming out of camp is he has been dominate! He has took a group full of second teamer's to a 6-0 record through scrimmage's...Luke said it's amazing how slow the game is for him! I understand this is just practice, But everything im hearing is encouraging as a Lakers fan!

he just lost to the wolves tonight where that group of bench players that he beat basically carried him and ingram.

More-Than-Most
10-01-2017, 03:06 AM
This is fawkin' mental.

WTF?

um yes... why is this so hard to understand? Not paying when you have multiple stars is logical... i didnt say smart from a basketball perspective but logical from a business perspective... Basically they figured westy/durant could carry while they saved 100 million dollars... which was true... now they figure they need to spend because they only have westy which is again true... see lebron early cleveland days... why would they spend when lebron gets them to the finals?

Dade County
10-01-2017, 09:07 AM
This is fawkin' mental.

WTF?

This is why, if Westbrook didn't re-sign I would not have felt sorry for OKC whatsoever.

But I disagree with you about being a 2nd rd team, I think this team can get to the WCF. And I am sure the league will help them out again and some buyout players later on in the season will find their way to OKC (or another team friendly trade).

Vinylman
10-01-2017, 12:32 PM
It's just desperation, they know if they don't they lose westbrook. Simply more to lose this time.

its the reason they did the melo deal... it basically got Westbrook to sign the extension... now they will try and get PG to commit ... once the players are locked up their true colors will show...

they can't afford to pay the repeater tax despite the lip service that they will..

lakers squad
10-01-2017, 01:02 PM
its the reason they did the melo deal... it basically got Westbrook to sign the extension... now they will try and get PG to commit ... once the players are locked up their true colors will show...

they can't afford to pay the repeater tax despite the lip service that they will..

It will defiantly be interesting to see how this all play's out, that's for sure!

TheDish87
10-02-2017, 08:49 AM

didnt you say it would be 300 mil? yet there are multiple reports and posts in here saying about 130? you just sound like a desperate laker fan clinging to the hope of that super team.

Vinylman
10-02-2017, 09:25 AM
didnt you say it would be 300 mil? yet there are multiple reports and posts in here saying about 130? you just sound like a desperate laker fan clinging to the hope of that super team.

you sound like a moron who can't keep things straight... I posted a link that said salaries plus LT with repeater will be $300 million...

if you are to lazy to look it up that is on you...

cite one report showing what you just posted... ignorant posters opinions don't count...

TheDish87
10-02-2017, 09:43 AM
you mad?

ewing
10-02-2017, 10:08 AM
he seems mad

TheDish87
10-02-2017, 10:59 AM
glad its not just me

KnicksorBust
10-02-2017, 11:28 AM
I give OKC a lot of credit. After losing Durant it looked like they were sunk but turning Oladipo + into Paul George got Melo to add him to their list. Then Kanter+ for Melo got Westbrook to agree to sign an extention and now they have a franchise player locked up long-term. Plus they didn't even have to give up their best defensive role player Steven Adams. They could be a Western Conference Finals team.

warfelg
10-02-2017, 11:51 AM
I give OKC a lot of credit. After losing Durant it looked like they were sunk but turning Oladipo + into Paul George got Melo to add him to their list. Then Kanter+ for Melo got Westbrook to agree to sign an extention and now they have a franchise player locked up long-term. Plus they didn't even have to give up their best defensive role player Steven Adams. They could be a Western Conference Finals team.

Even better was they turned Serge Ibaka into PG.

smith&wesson
10-02-2017, 12:18 PM
I think it's hilarious that ppl actually think Lebron, WB, and George would team up in LA... why because they have Lonzo?

If Lebron really wanted to leave Cleveland wouldn't be easier for him just to join the Rockets or Thunder where his buddies already are ? With full stacked rosters ?

The Lakers should stick to developing their youth and not get their hopes up. This isn't the 80s or 90s star players don't just run to the Lakers anymore

smith&wesson
10-02-2017, 12:20 PM

I dunno man .. they had WB Harden Durant Ibaka and somehow lost 3 out 4 of those players. Getting George and Melo is great but it doesn't replace what they could have had with Harden and Durant

Vinylman
10-02-2017, 02:04 PM
you mad?

when presented with facts... this is your response?

Like I thought... a no nothing amateur who can't hang with the big boys...

move along ... the adults are conversing

TheDish87
10-02-2017, 02:43 PM
lolol did you just call yourself one of the big boys?

KnicksorBust
10-02-2017, 04:52 PM

I dunno man .. they had WB Harden Durant Ibaka and somehow lost 3 out 4 of those players. Getting George and Melo is great but it doesn't replace what they could have had with Harden and Durant

Well the epic mistake was holding on to Westbrook and Ibaka over Harden. I said it at the time.

#1.) They should have traded Westbrook.
#2.) If they couldn't then you still ride out Harden's last season and make another playoff run. They traded him too soon.

I am just saying it looked like WB was out the door and they would be a bottom 5 team
Now they are a top 5 team again with a bright future.

warfelg
10-02-2017, 05:25 PM
Well the epic mistake was holding on to Westbrook and Ibaka over Harden. I said it at the time.

#1.) They should have traded Westbrook.
#2.) If they couldn't then you still ride out Harden's last season and make another playoff run. They traded him too soon.

I am just saying it looked like WB was out the door and they would be a bottom 5 team
Now they are a top 5 team again with a bright future.

It was more Harden or Ibaka. At the time they didn't have a reliable big, so they chose to keep the still raw Ibaka over the scoring of Harden, feeling the defensive presence of Ibaka would be more beneficial than anything else.

Of course looking back, they should have traded Ibaka, kept Harden, and hired a coach would would do a run and gun offense. Could you imagine Mikey D having those three guys offensively?

Sssmush
10-02-2017, 06:18 PM
you sound like a moron who can't keep things straight... I posted a link that said salaries plus LT with repeater will be $300 million...

if you are to lazy to look it up that is on you...

cite one report showing what you just posted... ignorant posters opinions don't count...

Look Vinyl... you know I sm a Laker fan too.

But if you didnt realize it by now, Paul George was never coming to the Lakers. And Lebron to the Lakers is just a made up gossip clickbait narrative with zero probability of being true. Just the THOUGHT of Lebron comong to the West to play with Lonzo is so laughable it makes me lose faith in a huge sector of the sports media that it even gets mentioned. "I mean there are fans in LA, so it MIGHT be true, right?" What a load of crap.

It dont matter if PG13 signs in OKC, where Lebron goes, how much the luxury tax is, why Westbrook signed, nothing. PG13 isnt coming to the Lakers and Lebron bringing the whole cavs roster along with carmelo and PG13 is LoL ludicrous. Lonzo Ball LoL

Sssmush
10-02-2017, 11:14 PM
Actually I noticed tonight that Lonzo dunks like a young Lebron... rising up with total strength and stability and snapping the dunk down with the wrists, then coming back down like nothing

ewing
10-03-2017, 05:24 AM
Actually I noticed tonight that Lonzo dunks like a young Lebron... rising up with total strength and stability and snapping the dunk down with the wrists, then coming back down like nothing

Looks more like Lavar from Revenge of the Nerds to me

Vinylman
10-03-2017, 06:48 AM
Look Vinyl... you know I sm a Laker fan too.

But if you didnt realize it by now, Paul George was never coming to the Lakers. And Lebron to the Lakers is just a made up gossip clickbait narrative with zero probability of being true. Just the THOUGHT of Lebron comong to the West to play with Lonzo is so laughable it makes me lose faith in a huge sector of the sports media that it even gets mentioned. "I mean there are fans in LA, so it MIGHT be true, right?" What a load of crap.

It dont matter if PG13 signs in OKC, where Lebron goes, how much the luxury tax is, why Westbrook signed, nothing. PG13 isnt coming to the Lakers and Lebron bringing the whole cavs roster along with carmelo and PG13 is LoL ludicrous. Lonzo Ball LoL

Try and keep up... I am not talking about where players will end up... I am talking about the inability of the OKC Thunder to maintain their current roster in 2018/19 with a payroll/LT bill of $300 million it isn't hard to follow...

This team will not look like it does now which is what was stated at the beginning of this thread...

There is ZERO chance this team is kept together at that level of payroll / LT...

To think it will is beyond ignorant

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-03-2017, 07:33 AM
Spotrac mentioned something like $130M total salary with tax if PG13 got $20M first year. With Melo opting in. $28M in the tax if PG13 gets $30M first year. If PG13 gets $20M first year its $18M in the tax. I think he gets more then $20M first year though. Then I mentioned a few pages back to shed guys like Singler, Abrines, Roberson. That's $20M right there. Or trade Adams for less since he makes like $24M.

Vinylman
10-03-2017, 07:43 AM
Spotrac mentioned something like $130M total salary with tax if PG13 got $20M first year. With Melo opting in. $28M in the tax if PG13 gets $30M first year. If PG13 gets $20M first year its $18M in the tax. I think he gets more then $20M first year though. Then I mentioned a few pages back to shed guys like Singler, Abrines, Roberson. That's $20M right there. Or trade Adams for less since he makes like $24M.

and what does all that have to do with me responding to the team and other posters saying they can keep the team together... you just showed they won't

As for Spotrac... post a link... it is wrong on its face if PG13 gets $30 million a year and melo opts in...

those guys alone with westie ($34 million) and adams put the payroll at +/- 115 million

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-03-2017, 08:33 AM

Actually at the bottom of the page mentions tax of $39M. Just salary dump for less. Adams, Roberson, Singler, Albrines probably all have to go for cheaper guys to keep Westy,PG13 and Melo core. Get rid of them 4 and that's like $44M shaved. On there shows PG13 be making like $20M first year. I read reports from Laker fans he'd be getting like $30M first year. Not sure how many years he played to figure his first year for new contract. But still Thunder could keep the main core just by salary dumping the 4 guys I mentioned for a bit less in return.

warfelg
10-03-2017, 08:46 AM

Actually at the bottom of the page mentions tax of $39M. Just salary dump for less. Adams, Roberson, Singler, Albrines probably all have to go for cheaper guys to keep Westy,PG13 and Melo core. Get rid of them 4 and that's like $44M shaved. On there shows PG13 be making like $20M first year. I read reports from Laker fans he'd be getting like $30M first year. Not sure how many years he played to figure his first year for new contract. But still Thunder could keep the main core just by salary dumping the 4 guys I mentioned for a bit less in return.

I'm like 99% sure that $20mil is a cap hold, not a 1st year new contract. His max is close to $30mil.

But I do agree with you that they can salary dump some guys, get creative with exemptions, etc. And if they're good; then, as proven by the GSW, sometimes you can still make some money being in the tax.

Heediot
10-03-2017, 08:57 AM
If OKC plays their cards right, just convince Melo to take his option and re-sign PG13, after George re-ups let Melo walk and save money from his contract. A two year rental of Melo for McDerms and Kanter i was still worth it. The only way i re-sign Melo is if they win a chip with this current squad. Maybe presti can pull another rabbit out of his hat after Melo leaves as has shown this past off-season. Melo is getting old anyway so, his production in the future years might not be worth the luxury tax bills.

warfelg
10-03-2017, 08:58 AM
If OKC plays their cards right, just convince Melo to take his option and re-sign PG13, after George re-ups let Melo walk and save money from his contract. A two year rental of Melo for McDerms and Kanter i was still worth it. The only way i re-sign Melo is if they win a chip with this current squad. Maybe presti can pull another rabbit out of his hat after Melo leaves as has shown this past off-season. Melo is getting old anyway so, his production in the future years might not be worth the luxury tax bills.

They're still best off having Melo turn down the option. His option is about $28mil.

They would be best off if Melo didn't pick up his option, resign PG, then sign Melo at a lesser rate. If this goes well, I actually can see Melo taking a paycut to keep it together. I think his NYK years wore on him and he wants to push to win now.

Vinylman
10-03-2017, 09:15 AM

its not even close to right... just to show you how far off it is ... if you are a repeat offender... 3 out of 4 years which OKC will be this year and in 2018/19 and are $20 million over the LT threshold... the tax alone is $65 million...

If you are $25 million over the LT threshold the tax bill goes to $88.75 million

If you are $30 million over the LT threshold the tax bill goes to $115 million

If you are $35 million over the LT threshold the tax bill goes to $143.75 million

to keep the team together as is with no changes... just resigning guys to what they are paid and assuming PG13 gets his max and melo opts in they have the salaries around $158-162 million which them in the $30-35 million over the cap range

warfelg
10-03-2017, 09:21 AM
to keep the team together as is with no changes... just resigning guys to what they are paid and assuming PG13 gets his max and melo opts in they have the salaries around $158-162 million which them in the $30-35 million over the cap range

You realize this is the problem everyone countering you has with what you’re saying.

You are doing all of this assuming they are staying put with the remainder of the roster.

Vinylman
10-03-2017, 09:37 AM
You realize this is the problem everyone countering you has with what you’re saying.

You are doing all of this assuming they are staying put with the remainder of the roster.

omfg... that is the post I responded to originally ( I didn't make any assumptions) which has now morphed into people saying they can dump players...

no ****... they can dump a ton of players... if they do that the team isn't "together" anymore and the pronouncement by the team that they would keep the team in tact is a ****ing myth. That is what I was pointing out.

I know that the OKC Thunder won't keep the team together... that they will dump players... that was my ****ing point

warfelg
10-03-2017, 09:41 AM
I had something written out, but nvrmd. Troll on.

TheDish87
10-03-2017, 10:00 AM
Melo-RW-PG Is the team lololol

Vinylman
10-03-2017, 10:13 AM
I had something written out, but nvrmd. Troll on.

yeah ... I am trolling

SMFH

Keeping the team together puts the salaries and LT at $300 million... that isn't my estimate... that isn't my assumption... that is what has been reported...

The other posts in here didn't address it... even the first post miller made in response to me says that the tax bill would be $140 million...

So again... if someone wants to disagree that keeping the current team together won't result in a $300 million payroll please explain how that will be the case.

Sssmush
10-04-2017, 10:46 PM
and what does all that have to do with me responding to the team and other posters saying they can keep the team together... you just showed they won't

As for Spotrac... post a link... it is wrong on its face if PG13 gets $30 million a year and melo opts in...

those guys alone with westie ($34 million) and adams put the payroll at +/- 115 million

Right. But it's just the frame you seem to be coming from, like look OKC is in total trouble and disarray... AND Lakers get Paul George or whatever. Not that you were exactly saying that but it seemed like you were putting down OKC when they are actually doing good. So, sorry if I got you wrong or was being nasty.

It seems like OKC could be alright. Westbrook's cap number is what, $36M this season? Then they re-sign PG13 for say $30M or whatever is his max... so $66M.

Melo might be worth $20M after this season, but if OKC is clever they probably get more value for those $ elsewhere. And if he is not productive this year they trade the expiring at trade deadline.

So, appx $66M and maybe you trade Steven Adams for a draft pick, etc, and build a young core over there. So let's say a cap number of $86M + players on rookie deals and MLEs or whatever.

Still expensive, maybe $20M in capspace, but you are locked in and don't have to worry about having 4 players reaching max contracts simultaneously and the PR fallout from that (Durant+Westbrook+Harden+Ibaka) etc.

OKC is in good shape I think. They got the main ingredient or secret sauce, which is the MVP westbrook so they start from there

ewing
10-04-2017, 10:53 PM
Melo-RW-PG Is the team lololol

i think the role players will come. I'd be a little concerned about the team's identity. They have been a scrappy banging crew. They certainly aren't that anymore.

TheDish87
10-05-2017, 09:41 AM
i think the role players will come. I'd be a little concerned about the team's identity. They have been a scrappy banging crew. They certainly aren't that anymore.

agreed on role players coming, they dont exactly have a strong bench anyway so everyone is replaceable. I do think they can maintain some of that scrappyness with Adams, Roberson, RW still there and im sure PG has it in him, itll be about Melo really buying in. im very intrigued by this team, i actually choose them as my high tier game for this season to go see.

ewing
10-05-2017, 09:57 AM
agreed on role players coming, they dont exactly have a strong bench anyway so everyone is replaceable. I do think they can maintain some of that scrappyness with Adams, Roberson, RW still there and im sure PG has it in him, itll be about Melo really buying in. im very intrigued by this team, i actually choose them as my high tier game for this season to go see.

I think Melo will fight until his knees start going then it going to get tougher

lakers squad
10-06-2017, 10:03 AM
As a laker fan, I honestly want to see them click as a team and make a run at the warriors. Im getting tired of the warriors dominance! As far as PG13 go's we will see what he choose's after the season....if he's that hell bent on becoming a laker he's likely to ether way. So for now, let's go get those warriors!

Sssmush
10-06-2017, 03:54 PM
As a laker fan, I honestly want to see them click as a team and make a run at the warriors. Im getting tired of the warriors dominance! As far as PG13 go's we will see what he choose's after the season....if he's that hell bent on becoming a laker he's likely to ether way. So for now, let's go get those warriors!

Errrrr, the Warriors just warp-drived to another solar system

albfree
10-12-2017, 04:24 AM

Dubs have gotten "lucky" on multiple fronts. Steph's ankle issues meant they could sign him to a multi year deal far below max. Dray emerged as an A+ role player. Then his knucklehead antics contributed to their losing the '16 finals and the acquisition of Durant.

I don't see top tier FA's headed to the Lakers just yet. They have to show that they can win. A low 30's win season with a roster loaded with young inexperienced players isn't going to cut it.