PDA

View Full Version : NBA No MVP All-Time Redraft Second Round. Team Dhop v. Team MBT

valade16
09-28-2017, 06:22 PM
Members of the PSD Community came together and participated in an All-Time NBA Redraft. They drafted, traded and signed all time players to create the best team possible. This is the 1st Round of the playoffs.

Special stipulations for this game included: No NBA or ABA MVP winners eligible. Each team had to start (and play 24 minutes) 2 players who did not play a single game after 1990. Additionally, each player is judged on the a single season/the best season of their career, as selected by the GM.

Please look at the teams and vote for which team you think would win in a 7 game series.

Team Dhop has home court advantage for the series:

Team Dhop:

PG: Jerry West (36) / Isaiah Thomas (12)
SG: Chett Walker (24) / Mitch Richmond (24) / Byron Scott
SF: Ron Artest (24) / Mitch Richmond (12) / Chet Walker (6) / Tayshaun Prince (6)
PF: Elvin Hayes (36) / Ron Artest (12)
C: Dikembe Mutombo (36) / Rudy Gobert (12)

vs.

Team MBT:

PG: Tony Parker (36) / Mike Conley (12)
SG: Earl Monroe (30) / Paul Westphal (18)
SF: Paul Pierce (38) / Joe Johnson (10)
PF: Bill Laimbeer (24) / Clifford Robinson (24) / Paul Millsap
C: Nate Thurmond (36) / Bill Laimbeer (12)

dhopisthename
09-28-2017, 08:46 PM
I think is a great match up for me. I have Artest and Prince to to cover Pierce whenever he is on the floor. I have Mutombo and Rudy to cover Thurmond. Parker vs west is a huge advantage for me. might post some more later tonight and if not tomorrow.

Chronz
09-28-2017, 08:52 PM
Dhop should win but he's holding his best players back in terms of mpg.

dhopisthename
09-28-2017, 09:08 PM
Dhop should win but he's holding his best players back in terms of mpg.

what do you mean

Ebbs
09-29-2017, 02:02 PM
Dhop by a tad here for me. Don't think MBT has the fire power necessary to compliment his defense.

GREATNESS ONE
09-29-2017, 06:15 PM
I'll give both guys a chance to debate here before making a decision.

dhopisthename
09-29-2017, 11:13 PM
1. Tremendous Defense
My team is built around defense starting with DPOY Ron Artest and DPOY Dikembe Mutombo. its reinforced by all defense first team Jerry West(I am sure a surprise to some) and 2nd team all defense Elvin Hayes. I also have Rudy Gobert, Byron Scott, and Tayshaun Prince on my bench that I can bring in at any time. Chet walker never made an all defense team, but was seen as a good defender. I have the interior defense needed with Mutombo, Gobert, and Hayes. I have the perimeter defense needed in Artest, Prince, West, and Chett Walker.
2. Jerry West vs. Parker/Conley
Jerry West is a player that I assume that none of have ever seen play. However we are talking about a guy who was 2nd in the MVP voting 4 times and was top 5 8 times. Tony parker is a good player, but there is zero chance he can cover West. West is a efficient 30 ppg scorer and someone who consistently performed better in the playoffs. In fact he is the only person besides Jordan to average over 40 ppg in the playoffs and West did this over 11 games while Jordan's was only 3.
3. Artest vs Pierce.
Pierce Certainly is a better offensive player, but we are talking about a one year prime of Ron Artest. in his Indiana days he was a very physical, very strong, and very tenacious on defense. He would make pierce earn every basket he scored.
4. Bench Versatility
I have a very versatile Bench in that I can bring in two great scorers in Isaiah Thomas or Mitch Richmond. If I need defense I have Tayshaun Prince and Byron Scott. if I need 3pt shooting I have Scott, Thomas, and Richmond.

dhopisthename
10-01-2017, 01:14 PM
man looks like I am going to win, but these games have been awful. I think I have the most votes of any game at 5 votes. MBT was either to busy to argue or too disinterested. I understand people who haven't played not voting, but the non voting from people who did play sucks.

Shammyguy3
10-01-2017, 01:34 PM
man looks like I am going to win, but these games have been awful. I think I have the most votes of any game at 5 votes. MBT was either to busy to argue or too disinterested. I understand people who haven't played not voting, but the non voting from people who did play sucks.

GMs have notoriously bailed on voting un the past for whatever lame reason

mightybosstone
10-01-2017, 08:23 PM

Sorry I didn't have time this week to offer up a decent rebuttal. I was out of town most of the week at a work conference, so things were just too crazy. And by the time I got back home, I had kind of a packed weekend. I think I could have made a damn fine case as to why my team should have won, but I totally understand why people voted for you, and your team was excellent. Congrats on the victory, dude! :)