PDA

View Full Version : What's Next For Houston?

Wade n Fade
09-28-2017, 03:40 PM
After a possible Houston Rockets-Knicks Melo deal fell through, what's next for Houston? Are there any realistic trade possibilities for them to get their third big piece go with CP3 and James Harden? Or will they have to rely on their All-Star backcourt to lead them and hope for the right matchups going forward?

valade16
09-28-2017, 03:49 PM
They lost out on Melo so they should tear it down and rebuild.

In all seriousness, there's no harm in them not making a move and seeing what they have with CP3.

Htownballa1622
09-28-2017, 04:32 PM
Finish 2nd in the West.

Get bounced by 5 (hopefully 6) in wcf.

Convince LeBron to come home.

c.c.
09-28-2017, 04:39 PM
Q: What's next for the Houston Rockets?
A: NBA championship!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-28-2017, 06:09 PM
Stand pat. Unless some teams fall out of playoffs and become sellers. Then Morey can swindle them. They really could use a third star though. But getting one wont be easy. Depth chart got kinda thin after trading for CP3.

WaDe03
09-28-2017, 07:56 PM
Can't do anything else really. Melo would've been a great deal for them but it was only going to happen because of his NTC, they don't have the assets to pull off a big deal.

IndyRealist
09-28-2017, 08:52 PM
I'm totally fine with Houston going into the season with what they have. Lots of new faces and high expectations for some of these "super teams". One of them is bound to be sellers at the deadline. Of course, that could be Houston too :(

mrblisterdundee
09-28-2017, 09:15 PM
The Rockets need to make sure Anderson drills a ton of threes to help pump up his trade value. Dealing him is the only way they can afford another big-time star. Meanwhile, they can see what they have with guys like Onuaku and Qi.

JOSKOMANG4
09-28-2017, 09:34 PM
No need to make a move. In fact, i'm still skeptical about the move for CP3 in the 1st place. I honestly believe that harden was fantastic at the point.

L: Capela/Anderson/Ariza/Harden/CP3
Key B: Nene/luc/Tucker/Gordon/Brown.

As for now.. I see them as the 4th best team in the conference.

1. Warriors
2. Thunder
3. Spurs
4. Rockets
5. Timberwolves
6. pelicans
7. Clippers
8. Nuggets

tredigs
09-28-2017, 11:49 PM
CP3
Gordon
Harden
Anderson
Capela

... is actually a really scary offensive lineup to try to pick up big leads quick. The wings and PF slot are obviously an issue defensively, but their PG/C anchors are in place, and they would so beast offensively it probably will not matter against most teams. They're going to be a really, really good offense and an HCA team in the West again. Will not be shocked to see them in the WCF's this year.

Scoots
09-29-2017, 01:00 AM
I'm not sure the Thunder have passed the Rockets. The bench on the Rockets, even with the CP3 trade, is far better. And CP3, frankly, is a better PG than Westbrook is. Also, I'm not convinced, even with their issues, the Thunder have a better coach.

I definitely find it interesting that it seems so many of the top western teams are focusing on now and sort of ignoring the future. The Warriors and Spurs have some young guys they are developing, and the Wolves and Nuggets do ... but the Thunder, Rockets, Pelicans, and Clippers don't seem to have a plan there.

Ariza's Better
09-29-2017, 05:15 AM
I definitely find it interesting that it seems so many of the top western teams are focusing on now and sort of ignoring the future. The Warriors and Spurs have some young guys they are developing, and the Wolves and Nuggets do ... but the Thunder, Rockets, Pelicans, and Clippers don't seem to have a plan there.
Disagree on the Rockets and clippers. Rockets have been developing Capela, Taylor, Qi and Onuaku. And the clippers just picked up Dekker and Harrell who are both young solid role players who are probably going to play a solid amount of mins for the Clips this season. Hardly no plan.

JAZZNC
09-29-2017, 05:44 AM
A choke job in the playoffs??

Scoots
09-29-2017, 09:55 AM
Disagree on the Rockets and clippers. Rockets have been developing Capela, Taylor, Qi and Onuaku. And the clippers just picked up Dekker and Harrell who are both young solid role players who are probably going to play a solid amount of mins for the Clips this season. Hardly no plan.

Capela is a regular already I wouldn't call him development for the future anymore since he's the present. Taylor and Onuaku played fewer than 5 games last year. Qi an unknown to me at the moment ... don't know that he'll get much PT either. If those guys end up regular parts of the rotation then I stand corrected.

Dekker and Harrell ... I like them and they are young but the Rockets fans seemed down on them so I discounted them. I hope they get significant roles with the Clippers.