PDA

View Full Version : Who are your top five NBA teams currently?

FlashBolt
09-27-2017, 08:48 PM
Name your top five teams.

1) Warriors
2) Cavs
3) OKC
4) Houston
5) Spurs

ewing
09-27-2017, 09:18 PM
Knicks
Whoever is playing Clev
Spurs
OKC
Houston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOb0
09-27-2017, 09:27 PM
1. Warriors
2. Cavs
3. Thunder
4. Spurs
5. Rockets

My Celtics would be 6th.

AllBall
09-27-2017, 09:33 PM
1. Warriors
2. Spurs
3. Rockets
4. Thunder
5. Cavaliers

ewing
09-27-2017, 09:44 PM
I thought is was who is my favorite

Jamiecballer
09-27-2017, 09:55 PM
Warriors
Cavs
Spurs
Celtics
Rockets

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

GREATNESS ONE
09-27-2017, 10:18 PM
Warriors
Cavs
Spurs
OKC
Boston
Houston

tredigs
09-27-2017, 10:44 PM
It's a top 1+5 this year:

Warriors

Thunder
Rockets
Cavs
Celtics
Spurs

No order on the 2nd group. Way too many new additions, wild-cards and injury prone players to have any clue with most of them. We do know that their talent is too rich not to be at least 6 of the top 7 teams though.

WaDe03
09-27-2017, 10:59 PM
Warriors (until the Nets pick is traded)
Cavs
OKC
Spurs
Rockets

The bottom 3 could go literally any way and I wouldn't argue.

IKnowHoops
09-28-2017, 03:13 AM
Warriors

Cavs

Spurs
OKC
Houston

Celtics
Wolves

TylerSL
09-28-2017, 07:06 AM
1. Miami Heat
2. San Antonio Spurs
3. Oklahoma City Thunder
4. Cleveland Cavaliers
5. Memphis Grizzlies

I've been a fan of the Heat since 2004, when I was 11, and I plan to enjoy Heat basketball for many more years. The Spurs are so tremendous with Greg Popovich who not only exudes greatness as a coach, but is a leader on social issues and speaks out against bigotry (notably, this "President"). Kawhi is somehow underrated in the league (because he's better than KD) and Parker is still an elite PG in the game today. Plus they have Manu, Rudy Gay, Pau Gasol, Dejounte Murray, Patty Mills, Danny Green, Kyle Anderson. Who can't like that team?

I didn't like OKC when Durant was there because I've never been a huge fan of Durant. Not only have I thought Durant was petulant and whiny, but he was living in Lebron's shadow also. Lebron started getting massive amounts of **** for not winning the championship every year after he drug them to the Finals in 2007. So by the time Lebron James was 22 years old he was expected to be winning championships, not losing to teams like Boston or Orlando, and he never had anybody even close to as good as Russell Westbrook, let alone James Harden too. When Durant wasn't winning, with a much greater supporting cast no less, he wasn't getting near the level of **** Lebron got even though he was especially great also. He wasn't getting that level of impatience because Lebron was in the league and I never liked the double standard. Then on top of it, Durant was the reason the Thunder blew the 3-1 lead to the Warriors in the 2016 WCF and then joined them believing he's the one who couldn't win with Westbrook. Wow. Durant joining a 73-win team to win a title isn't that impressive, sorry.

Needless to say, I like OKC more now that Durant is gone. By extension, I dislike Golden State a whole lot more now that Durant is there, and the Warriors would have previously been described as a top 5 team for me. Westbrook's accomplishments last season made me support the Thunder even more so and since these trades I can easily say the Thunder are one of my favorite teams now and I plan on watching a lot of Thunder basketball this season. I get NBA league pass so I watch a lot of games anyway but I will definitely make an emphasis to watch as many OKC games as I can.

I can tell you I really didn't like the Cavs all that much these past few years, but I respect and like Lebron. I was never a huge fan of Kyrie flat-earth Irving, Kevin can't learn to defend Love, or that Gilbert-led franchise in general. That owner is a pig and most of their fans are repugnant. Still, Lebron will always be one of my favorite players so I have not completely hated them these last couple years. With Wade joining, along with Isiah Thomas and Jae Crowder who I like, they are not such a dislikeable team as they were. Can't say I love them, but I will root for them over Golden State if that is indeed the Finals again.

I've always liked Memphis because of how tough they play year in and year out. Marc Gasol and Mike Connley are fantastic players and they never give up even though they don't really have a chance of making it out of the West. The Grizzlies this decade kind of remind me of the 90's Jazz but their conference is stacked at the top. They haven't been as good these last two or three years but they still make the playoffs in such a good conference. On top of that they have David Fizdale, who was the best assistant coach in basketball with the Heat.

Honorable mentions, Minnesota Timberwolves, Washington Wizards, and the Phoenix Suns.

kdspurman
09-28-2017, 09:15 AM
Warriors
Spurs
Cavs
OKC
Houston

hugepatsfan
09-28-2017, 10:32 AM
Warriors are easily #1. Cavs and HOU are pretty solidly #2 and #3, IMO, in whichever order you like.

OKC/BOS/SA are the next 3 IMO, again in whichever order you like. SA I honestly think has the least talent of the 3 overall (despite the best player) but you just trust that team to be great with Pop. OKC has the most talent with two top 10 players but I trust them the least just because I don't think Donovan has done anything spectacular, they're depth is most "meh" of the teams IMO and I think Melo could struggle to adjust. BOS is in the middle in talent and despite a lot of turnover, Stevens has already consistently dealt with that and always gotten them to not only gel but even outplay their talent.

MIN has the upside to get into that BOS/SA/OKC group too, IMO, but I don't see it yet. I'm a big believer in WAS though I think they need some internal improvement or one more piece to get on that next level.

mrblisterdundee
09-28-2017, 10:53 AM
1. Warriors
2. Cavaliers
3. Rockets
4. Spurs
5. Thunder

TylerSL
09-28-2017, 11:19 AM
I though this thread was asking who is your five favorite teams which is what my above post is, my bad. The top 5 teams in the NBA are

1. Golden State Warriors
2. Cleveland Cavaliers
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Oklahoma City Thunder
5. Houston Rockets

CELTICS4LYFE
09-28-2017, 11:57 AM
Warriors are easily #1. Cavs and HOU are pretty solidly #2 and #3, IMO, in whichever order you like.

OKC/BOS/SA are the next 3 IMO, again in whichever order you like. SA I honestly think has the least talent of the 3 overall (despite the best player) but you just trust that team to be great with Pop. OKC has the most talent with two top 10 players but I trust them the least just because I don't think Donovan has done anything spectacular, they're depth is most "meh" of the teams IMO and I think Melo could struggle to adjust. BOS is in the middle in talent and despite a lot of turnover, Stevens has already consistently dealt with that and always gotten them to not only gel but even outplay their talent.

MIN has the upside to get into that BOS/SA/OKC group too, IMO, but I don't see it yet. I'm a big believer in WAS though I think they need some internal improvement or one more piece to get on that next level.

You have PG(I hope not melo lol) as a top 10 in the league? I'd say maybe top 15

Scoots
09-28-2017, 12:06 PM
The Warriors, Rockets, and Thunder should be better than last year, the rest of the top 10 have tons of questions.

Warriors
Spurs
Cavs
Rockets
Celtics

But my conviction is not firm.

hugepatsfan
09-28-2017, 12:24 PM
You have PG(I hope not melo lol) as a top 10 in the league? I'd say maybe top 15

lol definitely not Melo

Yes, I meant PG as the top 10 guy. I guess I'd say top 10ish. I'd have to think about it more to be exact I guess.

Vee-Rex
09-28-2017, 12:49 PM
Lots of Warriors fans in here. :laugh2: j/k

1. Warriors
2. Cavs/Spurs
3. Spurs/Cavs
4. Rockets
5. Thunder

I think it's something like that, but there has been so many changes it's hard to feel certain about it. Rox could be #2, etc...

the only thing we do know is the Warriors at #1.

valade16
09-28-2017, 01:30 PM
There are 6 teams clearly above the rest of the league IMO.

Cleveland and Boston in the East and GS, SA, Houston and OKC in the West.

The order is GS and then any possible combination thereafter amongst the remaining 5.

homie564
09-28-2017, 01:41 PM

The order is GS and then any possible combination thereafter amongst the remaining 5.

Pretty much this.. though my personal opinion has Cleveland and OKC followed by Boston SA and Houston all jumbled together. Any one of those teams could end up #2 though tbh

Dade County
09-28-2017, 06:46 PM
Warriors

Cavs
Spurs
OKC
?

tredigs
09-28-2017, 07:37 PM

Could have just "this"d my post ; )

valade16
09-28-2017, 08:56 PM
Could have just "this"d my post ; )

I didn't see it. I definitely could have lol

prodigy
09-29-2017, 02:23 PM
Warriors
Cavs
Spurs
Rockets
OKC

Boston could be 6 but i need to see them play 20 games or so first. Just curious to see how Irving plays. in his 3 years before lebron irving was good but not great. with the pressure on him every night he also became injury prone. Clearly he's much more advanced now and has a winning pedigree. but Gordon is not lebron lol

Hawkeye15
09-29-2017, 02:46 PM
OKC

Hou
SA
Cleveland

OKC

Bos/Min

Vinsanity115
09-29-2017, 03:00 PM
1. Warriors - The most obnoxiously stacked team in history.

2. Spurs - just can never count them out they find a way to be elite and I trust them more than others

3. Celtics - I just think this team will gel and surprise people a bit, they are excellently coached and disciplined. Hayward is going to be a perfect fit.

4. Thunder - that's a lot of firepower. I think Melo is one of the most overrated players of all time, but he'll fit there pretty well and they NEEDED shooters. Westbeast is hungry and can see the light with help now.

5. Cavs - I think IT is great, but he gets hurt they're done. Lebron will be pissy and give up in the second round again. Wade is about done this year after another change imo, not done done, but declined. Lebron is also slowing down ever so slightly, who knows if this year his knees just don't withstand.

Rockets will kill it regular season but choke in the playoffs so they are my loser of the top 5ers.

Hawkeye15
09-29-2017, 03:04 PM
1. Warriors - The most obnoxiously stacked team in history.

2. Spurs - just can never count them out they find a way to be elite and I trust them more than others

3. Celtics - I just think this team will gel and surprise people a bit, they are excellently coached and disciplined. Hayward is going to be a perfect fit.

4. Thunder - that's a lot of firepower. I think Melo is one of the most overrated players of all time, but he'll fit there pretty well and they NEEDED shooters. Westbeast is hungry and can see the light with help now.

5. Cavs - I think IT is great, but he gets hurt they're done. Lebron will be pissy and give up in the second round again. Wade is about done this year after another change imo, not done done, but declined. Lebron is also slowing down ever so slightly, who knows if this year his knees just don't withstand.

Rockets will kill it regular season but choke in the playoffs so they are my loser of the top 5ers.

if we are talking about regular season wins, I agree. But the C's will yet again lack rebounding, paint protection, and are now a lesser perimeter defensive team to me. I still think there is a clear break between the 2nd tier of teams, and the Celtics.

The Rockets will win a ton of games, but they also have the 2 superstars who go ghost come playoff time at one point or another, for whatever reason.

hugepatsfan
09-29-2017, 03:33 PM
if we are talking about regular season wins, I agree. But the C's will yet again lack rebounding, paint protection, and are now a lesser perimeter defensive team to me. I still think there is a clear break between the 2nd tier of teams, and the Celtics.

The Rockets will win a ton of games, but they also have the 2 superstars who go ghost come playoff time at one point or another, for whatever reason.

All these teams lack something though. BOS lacks the things you say. MIN lacks consistent floor spacing and front court defense. OKC lacks any scoring beyond their top 3 guys and overall floor spacing. LMA doesn't seem to have fit well in SA and without him playing great they don't even have a second all-star. CLE is still complete garbage with their perimeter defense, probably even worse with IT (even if Kyrie wasn't great) and the whole team has the heavy weight of needing to constantly prove their worthy of Lebron's consideration of staying (that strains a team). HOU has redundancy with their top players but overall I think their solidly the #2 team.

I think HOU/CLE are the 2nd tier of teams. SA/OKC/BOS are the 3rd. MIN/WAS are my next tier.

Hawkeye15
09-29-2017, 03:55 PM
All these teams lack something though. BOS lacks the things you say. MIN lacks consistent floor spacing and front court defense. OKC lacks any scoring beyond their top 3 guys and overall floor spacing. LMA doesn't seem to have fit well in SA and without him playing great they don't even have a second all-star. CLE is still complete garbage with their perimeter defense, probably even worse with IT (even if Kyrie wasn't great) and the whole team has the heavy weight of needing to constantly prove their worthy of Lebron's consideration of staying (that strains a team). HOU has redundancy with their top players but overall I think their solidly the #2 team.

I think HOU/CLE are the 2nd tier of teams. SA/OKC/BOS are the 3rd. MIN/WAS are my next tier.

I get that, and agree that each team is missing something. Boston will pile up wins out east, come playoff time, regardless of their record, we will see if they can actually challenge Cleveland. As long as LeBron is playing, they are the head of the class out there.

SA is like taxes. They are always there. Houston's 2 main guys, like I said, go ghost at one point or another.

In reality, we are all typing for practice. The chip is wrapped up barring injuries to more than 1 player in GS.

LA_Raiders
09-30-2017, 02:59 PM
1- Warriors
2- OKC
3- Clev
4- SA
5- Celts

AllBall
09-30-2017, 08:46 PM
I'm tempted to revise my Top 5 and stick the Wolves in there.

BKLYNpigeon
09-30-2017, 09:44 PM
you're raking teams based on paper.

JAZZNC
10-01-2017, 11:02 AM

Who other than Westbrook is a top 10 player?

kdspurman
10-01-2017, 01:01 PM
you're raking teams based on paper.

That's how most people do it. Doesn't always work that way tho.

tredigs
10-01-2017, 09:57 PM
Who other than Westbrook is a top 10 player?
PG is close enough that he's in the argument. After you get past the top 6 there is a lot of room for argument.