PDA

View Full Version : The Pelicans Are Gonna Win The West This Coming Season

NetsPaint
09-26-2017, 02:05 AM
People are talking about OKC being this massive upgrade for them, and how challenging they could be if they have good chemistry. They might, but their not even the Warriors biggest threat in the west. The Pelicans have two of the best big men in the league, who haven't even hit their prime yet. They have Jrue Holiday back, who had personal issues last season which is off his shoulders now. And...they have Rondo. You see what Rondo did with the Bulls last season in the Playoffs? That injury was so huge who knows what would have happened after that in the Playoffs/off-season. Tony Allen is a big addition. Ian Clark is solid.

Using the big men/defensive team example, the Warriors didn't have an easy time with the Grizzlies in games last regular season, losing to them twice. The Grizzlies gave the Spurs a great fight. Let's see how teams handle two of the best big men in the game with that backcourt and defense.

rhino17
09-26-2017, 02:08 AM
More likely, the Pelis miss the playoffs entirely

ManningToTyree
09-26-2017, 02:52 AM
More likely that boogie and Davis continue to not gel and cousins is in another uniform by seasons end.

HandsOnTheWheel
09-26-2017, 02:55 AM
Maybe 10 years ago. League success nowadays revolves around 3-point shooting and run-n-gun, none of which apply here.

jaydubb
09-26-2017, 07:58 AM
Yep I see the pelicans and the lakers going head to head in the western conference finals. The lakers win in a very competitive 7 game series.. Lonzo ball averages 40/30/20.. They move on to play the Brooklyn nets in the nba finals.. Nba commissioner Adam silver will decide that the nba finals will be held on the planet pluto because d'angelo Russell has ice in his veins.

What a crazy dream all this would be. Good fairy tale story OP, they should make a movie out of it. I'd ask Tracy McGrady to try his luck at acting and play as Brandon ingram because they both got those lazy eyes

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

GoferKing_
09-26-2017, 08:03 AM
Close thread.

Hawkeye15
09-26-2017, 09:04 AM
The tiers, on paper are:

GS

SA
Hou

OKC

Min

Portland, LAC, NOP, Denver, Utah)

so I think the Pelicans will be fighting for that 6-10 spot.

Heediot
09-26-2017, 09:16 AM
Davis needs to show he's worth more then hype and advanced metrics.

If you can't make the playoffs, he's just an empty stat filler.

TrueFan420
09-26-2017, 10:20 AM

Eh that may be a little rough... Davis has had one the worse constructed teams around his skill set for his entire career. They haven't built a team just random pieces. He def needs to show he's more but the organization needs a lot of blame.

ewing
09-26-2017, 10:39 AM
No they won't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smith&wesson
09-26-2017, 10:42 AM
The tiers, on paper are:

GS

SA
Hou

OKC

Min

On paper OKC looks better than Houston imo..

PayDaPiper
09-26-2017, 10:46 AM
Is this thread in relation to your franchise mode on 2K?

Hawkeye15
09-26-2017, 10:50 AM
On paper OKC looks better than Houston imo..

not to me. Melo at this point holds minimal value, and is an overlap skillset to what they have.

I figure 50 wins for OKC, which will be right under the 53-55 I figure for Houston/SA, and right above where I figure the Wolves at 48.

Let's see if my predictions hold true or not haha

R. Johnson#3
09-26-2017, 11:16 AM
The Pelicans will have a new coach this year considering Boogie goes through them like a box of kleenex.

Hawkeye15
09-26-2017, 11:26 AM
The Pelicans will have a new coach this year considering Boogie goes through them like a box of kleenex.

they have a new coach every year

GREATNESS ONE
09-26-2017, 11:32 AM
Yep I see the pelicans and the lakers going head to head in the western conference finals. The lakers win in a very competitive 7 game series.. Lonzo ball averages 40/30/20.. They move on to play the Brooklyn nets in the nba finals.. Nba commissioner Adam silver will decide that the nba finals will be held on the planet pluto because d'angelo Russell has ice in his veins.

What a crazy dream all this would be. Good fairy tale story OP, they should make a movie out of it. I'd ask Tracy McGrady to try his luck at acting and play as Brandon ingram because they both got those lazy eyes

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

You killed me with the Tracy McGrady playing Ingram because they both got those lazy eyes :laugh2:

valade16
09-26-2017, 11:45 AM
The tiers, on paper are:

GS

SA
Hou

OKC

Min

Crazy to me that 2 of LAC, NOP, Denver and Utah will miss the playoffs in the West and 2 of Atlanta, Indiana, Chicago, Detroit, Charlotte, and Orlando may make it in the East lol.

Hawkeye15
09-26-2017, 11:51 AM
Crazy to me that 2 of LAC, NOP, Denver and Utah will miss the playoffs in the West and 2 of Atlanta, Indiana, Chicago, Detroit, Charlotte, and Orlando may make it in the East lol.

it's gross honestly. The east will realistically send 2 losing teams to the playoffs this year probably.

Heediot
09-26-2017, 11:54 AM
Eh that may be a little rough... Davis has had one the worse constructed teams around his skill set for his entire career. They haven't built a team just random pieces. He def needs to show he's more but the organization needs a lot of blame.

We'll see.

Marc Gasol never had a team as he has had this year and he's been to the playoffs plenty. I'll give AD some injury excuses as his teammates have been injury prone the past few seasons.

I just don't think he makes players around him better.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-26-2017, 05:58 PM
More likely that boogie and Davis continue to not gel and cousins is in another uniform by seasons end.

If Boogie says he's not back following season or team falters. I could see Pelicans cash in on him at trade deadline.

R. Johnson#3
09-26-2017, 06:01 PM

So does Boogie.

Scoots
09-26-2017, 10:17 PM

It would be funny if the #1 seed in the east has less that 50 wins and a 50 win team is left out in the west. That would be tough to ignore. Not that it's at all likely to happen.

nastynice
09-27-2017, 01:25 AM

They shoulda never fired that guy Monte Poole or whatever. He coached well against us in the first round, that's all I know of him. Most people supported the move when it happened, but I feel that is a big part of them underachieving since then

nastynice
09-27-2017, 01:26 AM
It would be funny if the #1 seed in the east has less that 50 wins and a 50 win team is left out in the west. That would be tough to ignore. Not that it's at all likely to happen.

Bro, take out the top 1 or 2 teams in the east a few of the years over this past decade and that legit kinda the case

IKnowHoops
09-27-2017, 01:32 AM
You killed me with the Tracy McGrady playing Ingram because they both got those lazy eyes :laugh2:
😂

Kyben36
09-27-2017, 02:47 AM
I dont even think the peleicans make the playoffs. i think they end up selling out mid way through the season. Cousins and Davis may look great in 2k. but on the court they dont compliment one another at all. And to have a team who is a joke on the perimeter. in a league driven by permiter players and getting smaller not sure i expect this to work out. reminds me of the old Knicks with Randolph and Curry. suposed to be so great.

NetsPaint
09-27-2017, 02:54 AM
Maybe 10 years ago. League success nowadays revolves around 3-point shooting and run-n-gun, none of which apply here.
Wasn't people talking about the Bulls being not well constructed last season because of the lack of three point shooting? Yeah, they squeezed into the Playoffs, and only won two games, but Rondo showed me A LOT of what he can do. Those two games weren't a fluke. From what I read he also played well with Cousins in Sacramento. The Pelicans have a gem in him. Such a great fit.

AllBall
09-27-2017, 09:46 PM

Well, if half the team isn't in crutches again it would help.

Purple Monkey
09-27-2017, 10:40 PM
The tiers, on paper are:

GS

SA
Hou

OKC

Min

put sacto in that eighth spot and you are pretty close.

Heediot
09-28-2017, 06:42 AM
Well, if half the team isn't in crutches again it would help.

I don't buy that. The way he is hyped up, true superstars should carry garbage into the playoffs we've seen plenty of examples in the past. I'll give him some leniency, I just don't think he makes players around him better.