PDA

View Full Version : Joel Embiid = Dwight Howard

Mave1002
09-25-2017, 05:01 AM
Can I just say this... not a hater.. we've had our own share in D'Angelo Russell but......

I followed Joel Embiid in college (I was a huge fan) and he had the potential to be the next DREAM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsSD85T974I

but based on his present off-court antics I'm guessing Dwight Howard at best. Wasting youth and talent. Seriously.. what a waste. Embiid who is supposedly on the injured list AND THEN.........

Saw a video of them together "showing off soccer skills"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X27obRcPLFI

Bonus-- recent video of Joel Embiid reacting to Jake Elliott's kick
https://twitter.com/NBA_Skits/status/912081126688256001

We all know who D12 is but Embiid? Seriously.

More-Than-Most
09-25-2017, 05:48 AM
laker fan... nothing to see here.

mightybosstone
09-25-2017, 08:14 AM
I don't see how this comparison fits at all. They have very different games on the court and Embiid has barely been able to play due to injuries. Can we actually see the guy play at least half a season before we start ragging on him for not taking anything seriously?

Edit: Also, let's not forget that Dwight was a top 5 player in the league for years and is a lock for the Hall of Fame. If Embiid has a career close to Dwight's, Sixers fans should consider themselves lucky.

warfelg
09-25-2017, 08:21 AM
I don't see how this comparison fits at all. They have very different games on the court and Embiid has barely been able to play due to injuries. Can we actually see the guy play at least half a season before we start ragging on him for not taking anything seriously?

Agreed.

What's he supposed to do, pull a Greg Oden and sink into such a deep depression that he doesn't show up for team activities?

I'll use a Brett Brown quote on Embiid: "He's one of the few guys that could block Lebron at one end, dunk on him at the other, and laugh the entire time." Well he didn't do it on LeBron last year, but he did it to Love and LeBron was chuckling as it happened.

TheDish87
09-25-2017, 08:35 AM
lol what is this?

Scoots
09-25-2017, 08:42 AM
:rolleyes:

Vinylman
09-25-2017, 10:07 AM
actually, until embiid can play a whole season showing he can sustain his play he isn't even close to D12

Talent in spurts is nothing without sustained play... it is easy to go all out in the first night of a B2B when you know you won't have to play the 2nd night

Embiid might very well end up a very good player ... 3 years in he has played less than half the games greg oden did in his first 3 years in the NBA

just saying

Hawkeye15
09-25-2017, 10:29 AM
way different games. Joel, at age 20, is already far more advanced than Dwight ever was offensively. And while he should be an adequate defender, I don't think he can be an intimidating anchor for a decade either.

As Vinyl touched above though, maybe Embiid should play a couple of years healthy, before we compare him to an ironman like Dwight, who missed 5 games in his first 7 years.

warfelg
09-25-2017, 10:49 AM
way different games. Joel, at age 20, is already far more advanced than Dwight ever was offensively. And while he should be an adequate defender, I don't think he can be an intimidating anchor for a decade either.

As Vinyl touched above though, maybe Embiid should play a couple of years healthy, before we compare him to an ironman like Dwight, who missed 5 games in his first 7 years.

Defensively we were 7th in the NBA with Embiid, 10th with Noel, mid-20s without either.

Just saying.

THE MTL
09-25-2017, 10:50 AM
A better comparison is Greg Oden just because of injury reasons.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2017, 10:50 AM
Defensively we were 7th in the NBA with Embiid, 10th with Noel, mid-20s without either.

Just saying.

Dwight was one of the better anchor's in history. That is not Embiid's identity, or his strength.

TheDish87
09-25-2017, 10:52 AM
Defensive anchor is absolutely a strength of Embiid, you are crazy.

but this thread is useless the OP tried to compare Embiid to howard due to off-court stuff which is neither relevant or accurate.

Vinylman
09-25-2017, 11:03 AM

Just saying.

massive sample size... on tons of rest... yep... that's indicative of an 82 game season :rolleyes:

IndyRealist
09-25-2017, 11:04 AM
Joel Embiid = Sam Bowie. Too early to Oden him.

IndyRealist
09-25-2017, 11:06 AM
massive sample size... on tons of rest... yep... that's indicative of an 82 game season :rolleyes:

That's indicative of someone who has an effect on defense, no one's saying that level is sustainable over a season, just that he's likely a net positive defender.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2017, 11:13 AM
That's indicative of someone who has an effect on defense, no one's saying that level is sustainable over a season, just that he's likely a net positive defender.

right but the initial response was to me, even after I said Embiid looks to be an adequate defender. To be the paint protecting monster Dwight was? nah. In his prime, teams just avoided the rim against Dwight. That is an animal.

TheDish87
09-25-2017, 11:29 AM
Joel Embiid = Sam Bowie. Too early to Oden him.

lolololol

TheDish87
09-25-2017, 11:31 AM
right but the initial response was to me, even after I said Embiid looks to be an adequate defender. To be the paint protecting monster Dwight was? nah. In his prime, teams just avoided the rim against Dwight. That is an animal.

dude to call what Embiid did on D last year as 'adequate' is literally the dumbest thing you could say. I dont care how many games he played, he was a monster on D.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2017, 11:46 AM
dude to call what Embiid did on D last year as 'adequate' is literally the dumbest thing you could say. I dont care how many games he played, he was a monster on D.

he was adequate. Does he have potential to be a good defender? Yes. But until he stays healthy, it doesn't really matter.

TheDish87
09-25-2017, 11:48 AM
no. when he played he was nothing short of a top tier defender, there is no arguing that. does he need to play more to become DPOY or ALL D? sure, of course. but his actual play in 31 games last year was elite.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2017, 12:21 PM
yes, my bad. Embiid, if he plays 70 games a year, is easily the best player since Jordan.

Vinylman
09-25-2017, 12:45 PM

an effect when he plays 2 days a week. I would say he is probably no worse than even but again... no one can say what the wear and tear on him would be playing 75 games a year... it certainly wouldn't be a positive.

Vinylman
09-25-2017, 12:47 PM
yes, my bad. Embiid, if he plays 70 games a year, is easily the best player since Jordan.

exactly...

there is no such thing as diminishing returns when you play 75 games versus a hand picked 30 or so :rolleyes:

Jamiecballer
09-25-2017, 01:12 PM
their games are obviously worlds apart but i think the OP is talking about the maturity and Embiid does sort of give off that same vibe off the court. hopefully that doesn't turn out to be the case because Embiid is incredible to watch.

TheDish87
09-25-2017, 01:35 PM

finally

Hawkeye15
09-25-2017, 01:36 PM
finally

well played haha

valade16
09-25-2017, 01:44 PM
If we're talking off-court immaturity a far better example IMO would be Andrew Bynum rather than Dwight Howard.

ewing
09-25-2017, 02:33 PM
Joel is funny D12 never was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warfelg
09-25-2017, 06:22 PM
Joel is funny D12 never was

Yup. I think D12 was "cornball" funny. Joel's a 23 Y/O guy who's been in america for about 7 years now who'd just having a good time. All reports from players on the team is he's just a guy with gravity that makes everyone around him smile.

More-Than-Most
09-25-2017, 06:34 PM
I have no issues with people saying he needs to play more and stay healthy because he does... limitless potential but he needs to be healthy clearly.... saying he wasnt great defensively when he did play is just wrong... He was a monster defensively

SoulBrotha
09-25-2017, 06:59 PM
Defensive anchor is absolutely a strength of Embiid, you are crazy.

but this thread is useless the OP tried to compare Embiid to howard due to off-court stuff which is neither relevant or accurate.

lol right. The pure non sense to compare two players not because of their game but because of their "antics". Smh and btw I'll take Emiid now then Dwight at any point in his career. He can do it all and you have to nitpick to find weaknesses in his game

SoulBrotha
09-25-2017, 07:23 PM
The level of disrespect in this thread is unreal (smh got me sounding like steven a smith) like he isn't the de facto leader of his team. You have to be a special type to only play so many games a season but everyone on the squad respects the ish out of you. When they talk about "trust the process" they are referring to him! I see you guys comparing him to dwight, andrew bynum, Oden???? Really? Basketball wise he's already better then all 3 of them. As if that wasn't crazy enough you guys tried to paint him as someone who has character issues because he uses twitter like any other 23 year? I'm done. I'm convinced some of ya'll are professional haters, always hating on things that conflicts with what make you feel comfortable in your bubble. Please come join the rest of us here in the real world

FlashBolt
09-25-2017, 08:31 PM
The level of disrespect in this thread is unreal (smh got me sounding like steven a smith) like he isn't the de facto leader of his team. You have to be a special type to only play so many games a season but everyone on the squad respects the ish out of you. When they talk about "trust the process" they are referring to him! I see you guys comparing him to dwight, andrew bynum, Oden???? Really? Basketball wise he's already better then all 3 of them. As if that wasn't crazy enough you guys tried to paint him as someone who has character issues because he uses twitter like any other 23 year? I'm done. I'm convinced some of ya'll are professional haters, always hating on things that conflicts what make you feel comfortable in your bubble. Please come join the rest of us here in the real world

Sixers are a bunch of rookies. Who the hell do you expect them to respect? Embiid is a friendly good locker room guy who you could hang out with but he's always injured. That's a fact. You're not an asset if you're always injured missing 70% of available games. That's called being a liability to the team because you're distracting your team lineups and focus.

tredigs
09-25-2017, 09:31 PM
Can I just say this... not a hater.. we've had our own share in D'Angelo Russell but......

I followed Joel Embiid in college (I was a huge fan) and he had the potential to be the next DREAM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsSD85T974I

but based on his present off-court antics I'm guessing Dwight Howard at best. Wasting youth and talent. Seriously.. what a waste. Embiid who is supposedly on the injured list AND THEN.........

I'm at a loss of what "antics" you're talking about specifically? You have a problem with juggling a soccer ball and celebrating at a football game... that's what you made a thread about?

As far as Embiid on the court goes, well, this is his make or break year imo. So far he's taken 6 months and still not been cleared for 5 on 5 play for an injury that takes the average person 4-6 weeks to heal from. I am not expecting even 3 full seasons of health from Embiid in his career. Which is a damn shame.

SoulBrotha
09-25-2017, 09:34 PM
Sixers are a bunch of rookies. Who the hell do you expect them to respect? Embiid is a friendly good locker room guy who you could hang out with but he's always injured. That's a fact. You're not an asset if you're always injured missing 70% of available games. That's called being a liability to the team because you're distracting your team lineups and focus.

lmao ask any 76ers fan if they think Joel is a "liability". They respect him because he's their best player and solid individual. Good try tho

JasonJohnHorn
09-25-2017, 10:26 PM
They play the same position.

I mean, Embiid is light years ahead of Dwight offensively. Even in the limited sample size we saw last year he displayed far more ability than the most optimistic estimates of Dwight offensive ceiling (which he never came close to reaching).

FlashBolt
09-25-2017, 10:31 PM
lmao ask any 76ers fan if they think Joel is a "liability". They respect him because he's their best player and solid individual. Good try tho

No, they respect him because Sixers have no leadership at all so they look to the most outspoken guy - who is Embiid. Him being their best player doesn't prove much considering the Sixers entire roster is poor. oh, let me ask 76ers fans if their best player is a liability.. not like they will be biased.

SoulBrotha
09-25-2017, 10:46 PM
"That fellow over there is sure outspoken. Think I'm gonna follow him as my new leader"
- said no one
I agree with your last point. Bias will play a part

Westbrook36
09-25-2017, 10:49 PM
No, they respect him because Sixers have no leadership at all so they look to the most outspoken guy - who is Embiid. Him being their best player doesn't prove much considering the Sixers entire roster is poor. oh, let me ask 76ers fans if their best player is a liability.. not like they will be biased.

Spoken from someone seemingly highly biased the other way, huh? :laugh:

ciaban
09-25-2017, 10:58 PM

Edit: Also, let's not forget that Dwight was a top 5 player in the league for years and is a lock for the Hall of Fame. If Embiid has a career close to Dwight's, Sixers fans should consider themselves lucky.
This, people give Dwight a lot of heat for good reasons, but even now, he's still a solid player. (not great or anything) but the dude was the very best big man (center or PF) for YEARS and was doing it as a teenager. He's going to go to the hall of fame(yes the NBA's standards are much lower but still) Frankly even the magic should be happy with what they got out of him for all those years.

5ass
09-26-2017, 02:01 AM
Not a good comparison at all. Joel is more talented offensively. IF healthy he'll be much better than Dwight.

ewing
09-26-2017, 05:25 AM
Yup. I think D12 was "cornball" funny. Joel's a 23 Y/O guy who's been in america for about 7 years now who'd just having a good time. All reports from players on the team is he's just a guy with gravity that makes everyone around him smile.

Dwight is a total cornball that just tried to be like Shaq and get attention. Joel actaully has jokes. what's wrong with that?

Vinylman
09-26-2017, 05:53 AM
Gaslighting sixers fans isn't even fun anymore...

safe spaces in philly must be at capacity

TheDish87
09-26-2017, 07:51 AM
I'm at a loss of what "antics" you're talking about specifically? You have a problem with juggling a soccer ball and celebrating at a football game... that's what you made a thread about?

As far as Embiid on the court goes, well, this is his make or break year imo. So far he's taken 6 months and still not been cleared for 5 on 5 play for an injury that takes the average person 4-6 weeks to heal from. I am not expecting even 3 full seasons of health from Embiid in his career. Which is a damn shame.

hes fine. hes is not cleared simply as a pre-caution.

warfelg
09-26-2017, 08:14 AM
Dwight is a total cornball that just tried to be like Shaq and get attention. Joel actaully has jokes. what's wrong with that?

Absolutely nothing.

warfelg
09-26-2017, 08:18 AM

There's actually a couple of reasons. We hired a new doctor and I bet they want him to give a once over before the final clearance. He's been doing stuff all summer without any problems.

The two biggest reasons he's not cleared that I can see:
1 - The team didn't want him playing in Pro-Am's, NBA Africa game, and other things like that over the summer.
2 - Both the team and the agent are working on an extension and this is both sides coded way of saying "we don't want him to get hurt before signing".

Raidaz4Life
09-26-2017, 08:36 AM
The real story is how tiny Embiid makes Dwight looks. Like that dude is massive

warfelg
09-26-2017, 08:47 AM
The real story is how tiny Embiid makes Dwight looks. Like that dude is massive

7'2" without the hair and 275. He makes a lot of guys look tiny.

Heediot
09-26-2017, 09:22 AM
At 7'2 and with his agility and court awareness, dude has DPOY potential imo. But others are right he has to prove he can stay healthy and he has to prove that he can go hard playing over 70 games per. On the flip side he still has potential to grow as well, so even after a killer rookie stint he hasn't really scratched his potential. Matter of fact he has MVP potential if things fall right. You can't teach that much size, skill, and movement combination.

FlashBolt
09-26-2017, 12:25 PM
"That fellow over there is sure outspoken. Think I'm gonna follow him as my new leader"
- said no one
I agree with your last point. Bias will play a part

A lot of people follow those who have a voice. It's the way humanity has worked for centuries.

Spoken from someone seemingly highly biased the other way, huh? :laugh:

Except, I have no reason to be biased against Embiid. Him being healthy doesn't change much for me.

ManRam
09-26-2017, 02:46 PM
Not a good comparison at all. Joel is more talented offensively. IF healthy he'll be much better than Dwight.

Yeah. This is what I was gonna say. Embiid had more offensive skill the first time he stepped on the court than Dwight ever had. Dwight's defensive value was all-time great in his peak, but Embiid could be that too. And hell, Dwight was an iron man , and Joel is far from that.

Also, I think Embiid's off-the-court personality is more genuine and less forced. Dwight was always a cornball.

It's a weird comparison. Not even a lazy one...just a weird one.

Ebbs
09-26-2017, 03:26 PM
I think, if you think Embiid plays anything like Howard you're blind.

More-Than-Most
09-26-2017, 04:03 PM
A lot of people follow those who have a voice. It's the way humanity has worked for centuries.

Except, I have no reason to be biased against Embiid. Him being healthy doesn't change much for me.

except you have hated him and the sixers for years lol... but whatever.

More-Than-Most
09-26-2017, 04:04 PM
Embiid needs to work on how he lands... i think that is his big issue... he always comes down funny.

FlashBolt
09-26-2017, 04:42 PM
except you have hated him and the sixers for years lol... but whatever.

For years? Got any evidence of that? It's not hate if it is a fact. Does Embiid always get injured? Does he play like only 30% of available games? Does he play back-to-backs? You guys interpret it as hate because you can't handle criticism. Valid criticism. If the guy is healthy, I wouldn't be saying any of this. It takes five seconds for you to dig up Embiid's injury history but instead, you'd rather call me a hater and deny talks of him being injured.. Why the fck do you even think anyone would hate the Sixers? I mean, no offense but your team has been irrelevant like since AI left...

More-Than-Most
09-26-2017, 06:11 PM
For years? Got any evidence of that? It's not hate if it is a fact. Does Embiid always get injured? Does he play like only 30% of available games? Does he play back-to-backs? You guys interpret it as hate because you can't handle criticism. Valid criticism. If the guy is healthy, I wouldn't be saying any of this. It takes five seconds for you to dig up Embiid's injury history but instead, you'd rather call me a hater and deny talks of him being injured.. Why the fck do you even think anyone would hate the Sixers? I mean, no offense but your team has been irrelevant like since AI left...

you would 100 percent be saying it and the hate is because of how we tanked which is understandable... You speak **** about simmons for example screaming from the hill tops about how simmons hasnt played a game etc etc etc but then stroke the dick of ball?

FlashBolt
09-26-2017, 06:17 PM
you would 100 percent be saying it and the hate is because of how we tanked which is understandable... You speak **** about simmons for example screaming from the hill tops about how simmons hasnt played a game etc etc etc but then stroke the dick of ball?

So you're saying I would absolutely be saying something because of what? You have no evidence of it because Embiid is never healthy. I've said before that Embiid is one of the top young players but I wouldn't put him above other guys because he is never healthy. I think my list included KP, Giannis, Towns, Embiid, and Jokic. I put Embiid last but said he would be #2 if he was healthy. You're just projecting everything as hate but you have zero legitimate responses to defend the guy's health.

Also, I never "stroke" Ball off. You have a weird imagination. I said Simmons is injured and missed an entire season but I was high on him the year he was drafted. I am high on Lonzo because he is a mature player for his age.

I'm not sure why you assume the worst. Not everyone who criticizes a player is a hater. You're probably the biggest hater by your very own logic, then. You and your Al Horford bashing.. you're such a hater.

More-Than-Most
09-26-2017, 06:28 PM
So you're saying I would absolutely be saying something because of what? You have no evidence of it because Embiid is never healthy. I've said before that Embiid is one of the top young players but I wouldn't put him above other guys because he is never healthy. I think my list included KP, Giannis, Towns, Embiid, and Jokic. I put Embiid last but said he would be #2 if he was healthy. You're just projecting everything as hate but you have zero legitimate responses to defend the guy's health.

Also, I never "stroke" Ball off. You have a weird imagination. I said Simmons is injured and missed an entire season but I was high on him the year he was drafted. I am high on Lonzo because he is a mature player for his age.

I'm not sure why you assume the worst. Not everyone who criticizes a player is a hater. You're probably the biggest hater by your very own logic, then. You and your Al Horford bashing.. you're such a hater.

al horford bashing? the **** i bash al horford? Its IT i think is trash lol... And again there are countless posts where you have been called out on your **** in threads that have 0 to do with the sixers because you somehow someway always take shots with them.

FlashBolt
09-26-2017, 06:33 PM
al horford bashing? the **** i bash al horford? Its IT i think is trash lol... And again there are countless posts where you have been called out on your **** in threads that have 0 to do with the sixers because you somehow someway always take shots with them.

You bashed him for not being able to rebound. And you think IT is trash? Wow, you're a hater. You said countless posts.. so go find them. Otherwise, you're just projecting.. as you always do. Oh yeah, I love hating the Sixers.. here I am, an OKC fan in a completely different conference hating on a team that has been irrelevant the past five years. Do you even realize how stupid that sounds? I wouldn't even care enough to hate on the Sixers.

More-Than-Most
09-26-2017, 06:43 PM
You bashed him for not being able to rebound. And you think IT is trash? Wow, you're a hater. You said countless posts.. so go find them. Otherwise, you're just projecting.. as you always do. Oh yeah, I love hating the Sixers.. here I am, an OKC fan in a completely different conference hating on a team that has been irrelevant the past five years. Do you even realize how stupid that sounds? I wouldn't even care enough to hate on the Sixers.

give me a bit... sent a mod a message asking him if i can post about 20 of your old posts without being banned.... 8 of which are in threads about other teams that have 0 to do with the sixers that you take a jab at a sixers fan.

ewing
09-26-2017, 06:46 PM

You Thomas and Jay Bruce

ewing
09-26-2017, 06:47 PM
give me a bit... sent a mod a message asking him if i can post about 20 of your old posts without being banned.... 8 of which are in threads about other teams that have 0 to do with the sixers that you take a jab at a sixers fan.

Hating on Sixer fans is different.

More-Than-Most
09-26-2017, 06:50 PM
You Thomas and Jay Bruce

yea i hate thomas and bruce lol. I am not even sure which one i dislike more at this point.

Alayla
09-28-2017, 10:27 AM

His defense is elilte already??

Hawkeye15
09-29-2017, 03:13 PM
His defense is elilte already??

it isn't. Tools are there to be a very good defender, but as he (hopefully) is able to play in 70+ games a year, and play a lot of minutes, how the hell is his body going to hold up, and be able to play elite on both ends?

Careful pulling data/eye test from such a small sample size, it's risky. He is like 20. If his body can't handle NBA minutes now, do you really expect him to be "elite" on defense when he plays a ton more? I don't.

More-Than-Most
09-29-2017, 04:12 PM
well he finally did what we all said he needed to do and that is work on his landing. he confirmed just that... it was needed

More-Than-Most
09-29-2017, 04:12 PM
https://www.libertyballers.com/2017/9/29/16387210/embiid-plays-in-first-5v5-action-since-surgery

there goes the 5vs5

Jamiecballer
09-29-2017, 08:40 PM
Once upon a time this site had moderation for when things got so far off topic. Serious question, what the heck happened to that?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

TheDish87
09-30-2017, 09:18 AM
it isn't. Tools are there to be a very good defender, but as he (hopefully) is able to play in 70+ games a year, and play a lot of minutes, how the hell is his body going to hold up, and be able to play elite on both ends?

Careful pulling data/eye test from such a small sample size, it's risky. He is like 20. If his body can't handle NBA minutes now, do you really expect him to be "elite" on defense when he plays a ton more? I don't.

dude youre doing it again. he was 100000% elite when he played, how dont you understand the difference?

Vinylman
09-30-2017, 02:59 PM
dude youre doing it again. he was 100000% elite when he played, how dont you understand the difference?

LMFAO

Dude played 30 games... his stats are meaningless... that's not me saying that... its the league... they don't even recognize his stats when it comes to league leaders...

You are the one who doesn't understand...

give us a shout out when his stats actually are counted as relevant... by the league

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LA_Raiders
09-30-2017, 03:06 PM
Not even close. DH at Orl was a beast and a Top 5 player. Embiid is none of that. Let's wait more years.

Alayla
09-30-2017, 09:15 PM

from what we have seen he is weither it's sustainable is an entirely different question but until proven otherwise he has shown being a defensive anchor is a strength of his.

FlashBolt
10-01-2017, 02:48 AM

I don't think you quite understand the value of being healthy and on the court. Teams don't prepare for you if they don't know if you're going to be able to play or not. Most often, they'll probably expect Embiid to be out just because he usually will be. Think about this: He's more likely to miss a game than play one. Embiid doesn't play B2B's, doesn't go past 30 minutes, and though he's got massive potential, he also has a massive issue with injuries. If Embiid can't even play more than 32 games in THREE seasons, what makes you think he'll play more than 70, let alone 50, in ONE season? You don't magically do that. Your body as you get older, especially as a big man, deteriorates quicker than any other position. All we're saying is this and it is a concept every NBA fan understands but a few Philly fans: If Embiid isn't healthy, no one cares how great he is for one or two games. Those 30 games he's healthy for won't win you championships and I can bet you Sixers aren't resigning him if he continues getting injured again.

More-Than-Most
10-01-2017, 03:01 AM
I don't think you quite understand the value of being healthy and on the court. Teams don't prepare for you if they don't know if you're going to be able to play or not. Most often, they'll probably expect Embiid to be out just because he usually will be. Think about this: He's more likely to miss a game than play one. Embiid doesn't play B2B's, doesn't go past 30 minutes, and though he's got massive potential, he also has a massive issue with injuries. If Embiid can't even play more than 32 games in THREE seasons, what makes you think he'll play more than 70, let alone 50, in ONE season? You don't magically do that. Your body as you get older, especially as a big man, deteriorates quicker than any other position. All we're saying is this and it is a concept every NBA fan understands but a few Philly fans: If Embiid isn't healthy, no one cares how great he is for one or two games. Those 30 games he's healthy for won't win you championships and I can bet you Sixers aren't resigning him if he continues getting injured again.

you would lose that bet 100 out of 100 times unless its a career threatening injury. If the sixers dont someone else will max him on potential alone because regaurdless of how you see him his potential is 2nd to that of lebron and he proved just that by having now weaknesses when he does play. Now of course he needs to remain healthy but again unless its a career threatening injury he is being signed for a ton and if by some miracle they dotn someone else would.

TheDish87
10-01-2017, 10:27 AM
LMFAO

Dude played 30 games... his stats are meaningless... that's not me saying that... its the league... they don't even recognize his stats when it comes to league leaders...

You are the one who doesn't understand...

give us a shout out when his stats actually are counted as relevant... by the league

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

where did i say anything about stats? so you are telling me when he did play he wasnt good, he was simply 'adequate? lol get the fuuuck outta here

Vinylman
10-01-2017, 12:28 PM
where did i say anything about stats? so you are telling me when he did play he wasnt good, he was simply 'adequate? lol get the fuuuck outta here

you said he was elite... there is no such thing as elite as a LESS than part time player...

More-Than-Most
10-01-2017, 01:01 PM
you said he was elite... there is no such thing as elite as a LESS than part time player...

when he played he was elite on both ends of the floor... its called logic... now does he need to play more? yup but if healthy everyone got a taste of the potential... there are rookies that have played less minutes before who were selected in the first round whom never came close to do what he did while he played... again Logic/Statistics.

TheDish87
10-01-2017, 09:00 PM

i said his play in 31 game was elite, which is true. i dont know what else to tell you. he is an elite player and that will be universally believed pretty soon, hope you can enjoy it.

Vinylman
10-02-2017, 06:37 AM
i said his play in 31 game was elite, which is true. i dont know what else to tell you. he is an elite player and that will be universally believed pretty soon, hope you can enjoy it.

Awesome...

you can't even stick to the script within the same post

FlashBolt
10-03-2017, 03:31 PM
you would lose that bet 100 out of 100 times unless its a career threatening injury. If the sixers dont someone else will max him on potential alone because regaurdless of how you see him his potential is 2nd to that of lebron and he proved just that by having now weaknesses when he does play. Now of course he needs to remain healthy but again unless its a career threatening injury he is being signed for a ton and if by some miracle they dotn someone else would.

Lmao @ you thinking a team will max out someone who played 30 games in three seasons. What kind of hilarious junk is that? Your potential is meaningless if you end up being injured 87% of ALL your games... give me a break. MTM, let's make a bet testing your confidence with Joel Embiid. If he plays more than 55 games next season or not. Come up with a good wager..

Vinylman
10-04-2017, 08:24 AM
Lmao @ you thinking a team will max out someone who played 30 games in three seasons. What kind of hilarious junk is that? Your potential is meaningless if you end up being injured 87% of ALL your games... give me a break. MTM, let's make a bet testing your confidence with Joel Embiid. If he plays more than 55 games next season or not. Come up with a good wager..

actually... I really thing colangelo (father) is stupid enough to do it.

Hawkeye15
10-04-2017, 09:55 AM
from what we have seen he is weither it's sustainable is an entirely different question but until proven otherwise he has shown being a defensive anchor is a strength of his.

no, it's not a strength. Until he shows he can play a sustained amount of games/minutes, we don't have a real sample size of his impact. We don't know what he will produce when playing 70-75 games, and real minutes.

Comparing him to an iron man who was one of the better paint protectors we have seen is ridiculous to me. And it should be to you, until he plays consistently. It's why per 36 minutes don't translate for guys who get a bunch of DNP's, or don't play a lot.

Hawkeye15
10-04-2017, 09:57 AM

wake me up when he does it night in, night out, against teams that have film on him, 3rd road game in 6 nights, etc. His sample size is a joke. He basically didn't even play a college basketball season last year. Easy to be on your game when you play once a week. Let teams prepare for him, wear him down, let him carry an offensive load for 50 games, and see if he still have the ability to be "elite" defensively.

TheDish87
10-04-2017, 10:56 AM
wake me up when he does it night in, night out, against teams that have film on him, 3rd road game in 6 nights, etc. His sample size is a joke. He basically didn't even play a college basketball season last year. Easy to be on your game when you play once a week. Let teams prepare for him, wear him down, let him carry an offensive load for 50 games, and see if he still have the ability to be "elite" defensively.

you are arguing something different, man. when he was on the floor what was he? he was elite. i know you understand the difference.

FlashBolt
10-04-2017, 11:18 AM
you are arguing something different, man. when he was on the floor what was he? he was elite. i know you understand the difference.

No one cares if he's on the floor for 30 games in three years... teams don't plan against Embiid if they don't even know if he is playing. Understand the difference? They literally don't know if he is playing or not because the Sixers don't even know.. LMAO

Hawkeye15
10-04-2017, 11:18 AM

I don't consider anything without much more sample size. Which is why I don't buy into him at all yet. I don't believe a small portion of minutes/games extrapolates into a much larger size. It just doesn't tend to work that way, especially when we factor in his injury history.

That's all dude. Just don't buy into anything until I see it consistently.

warfelg
10-04-2017, 11:39 AM
Honestly I have no problem with people who want to say they want to wait because of his lack of playing time. Because itís true.

But to act like he didnít have a massive impact on the Sixers and how we played is a little absurd. We were really different with him out there and thatís something you canít deny.

TheDish87
10-04-2017, 11:42 AM
No one cares if he's on the floor for 30 games in three years... teams don't plan against Embiid if they don't even know if he is playing. Understand the difference? They literally don't know if he is playing or not because the Sixers don't even know.. LMAO

lol they know when hes playing and they damn well planned around him when he did

TheDish87
10-04-2017, 11:42 AM
I don't consider anything without much more sample size. Which is why I don't buy into him at all yet. I don't believe a small portion of minutes/games extrapolates into a much larger size. It just doesn't tend to work that way, especially when we factor in his injury history.

That's all dude. Just don't buy into anything until I see it consistently.

no one asked you to buy into anything. you are just being ignorant to his actual play when he was out there which is really weird at this point.

TheDish87
10-04-2017, 11:43 AM
Honestly I have no problem with people who want to say they want to wait because of his lack of playing time. Because itís true.

But to act like he didnít have a massive impact on the Sixers and how we played is a little absurd. We were really different with him out there and thatís something you canít deny.

dude plays 25-30 more games and we might have made playoffs.

FlashBolt
10-04-2017, 11:56 AM

No one has said that but let's not pretend that if he's not available, we need to stop treating him as if he is.

Hawkeye15
10-04-2017, 12:01 PM

Greg Oden had a huge impact on the Blazers when he played. It doesn't matter though.

We can't pretend a guy his size, with lower leg injuries, should be expected to ever be healthy. When he proves he can stay on the court, it's worth the discussion. Until then, the argument is a waste of keystrokes. But **** that is half this board haha

warfelg
10-04-2017, 01:08 PM
No one has said that but let's not pretend that if he's not available, we need to stop treating him as if he is.

Greg Oden had a huge impact on the Blazers when he played. It doesn't matter though.

We can't pretend a guy his size, with lower leg injuries, should be expected to ever be healthy. When he proves he can stay on the court, it's worth the discussion. Until then, the argument is a waste of keystrokes. But **** that is half this board haha

Guys Iím agreeing with The Whole availability is the best ability part.

But when he is available heís good and you keep talking like heís not.

Vinylman
10-04-2017, 01:18 PM

its the same argument I use to have with the idiots in the Lakers forum on Bynum... every time he played great they would jerk each other off... I continually hit them with ... when he plays he is great ... problem is he is always hurt ... I even got a guy to bet me $100 that he would be out of the league before he was 30... needless to say I spent that money on a nice meal.

Embiid is on that exact same path at this point... nice when he plays but extrapolating that over and 82 game schedule is naÔve and it is what we are obviously objecting to with the Philly fans.

No one said Embiid isn't good... or that he can't be elite... just that he isn't at this point because he doesn't play enough.... it is an insult to other players to call him elite at this point

FlashBolt
10-04-2017, 01:19 PM

Nope. We just don't care enough because it's such a small scale of games. It's literally not even worth mentioning at this point.

TheDish87
10-04-2017, 01:23 PM
its the same argument I use to have with the idiots in the Lakers forum on Bynum... every time he played great they would jerk each other off... I continually hit them with ... when he plays he is great ... problem is he is always hurt ... I even got a guy to bet me $100 that he would be out of the league before he was 30... needless to say I spent that money on a nice meal.

Embiid is on that exact same path at this point... nice when he plays but extrapolating that over and 82 game schedule is naÔve and it is what we are obviously objecting to with the Philly fans.

No one said Embiid isn't good... or that he can't be elite... just that he isn't at this point because he doesn't play enough.... it is an insult to other players to call him elite at this point

you do understand there is a huge difference in Bynums injury compared to Embiid right? Also this all started bcuz Hawk said Embiid's play was 'adequate' when he was on the court which is just laughable.

Vinylman
10-04-2017, 01:29 PM

he was a monster... a monster I tell ya

you might want to reread how all this got going... you are being way to defensive on the issue... no pun intended

Vinylman
10-04-2017, 01:48 PM
you do understand there is a huge difference in Bynums injury compared to Embiid right? Also this all started bcuz Hawk said Embiid's play was 'adequate' when he was on the court which is just laughable.

Again... this is the same thing I argued with people in the Lakers forum about... it has nothing to do with the nature of the injury... it has to do with frequency and the fact that it is in the lower extremities.... I can list a hundred bigs whose careers went nowhere because of these types of injuries.

I hope the guy has an awesome career because I think he has some phenomenal skills for a big. But, Before I can consider him relevant he has to play more...

warfelg
10-04-2017, 02:07 PM
Nope. We just don't care enough because it's such a small scale of games. It's literally not even worth mentioning at this point.

:shrug: then donít be involved in a thread about him.

Hawkeye15
10-04-2017, 02:54 PM

Dependable is more important that peaks and valleys. If he isn't available consistently, it doesn't matter if he is great in spots. You just can't possibly equate 30 games to playing an NBA season. It just can't be done.

I can't get onboard with calling him elite, when he isn't there most the time. Let teams plan for him, let him get tired, wear and tear, etc. It's nearly impossible to sustain a certain level of play when more than tripling his minutes in a season.

TheDish87
10-04-2017, 03:49 PM
Again... this is the same thing I argued with people in the Lakers forum about... it has nothing to do with the nature of the injury... it has to do with frequency and the fact that it is in the lower extremities.... I can list a hundred bigs whose careers went nowhere because of these types of injuries.

I hope the guy has an awesome career because I think he has some phenomenal skills for a big. But, Before I can consider him relevant he has to play more...

now see had he re-inured his foot last season i would not be arguing any of this but his foot wasnt an issue at all last season. He suffered a common injury from an awkward landing (he plays hard, **** happened), he worked on his landing all off season so hopefully it pays off as he grows more comfortable post injury. I expect we see him play around 50-60 games not including playoffs if we are to make it but most of the missed games should just be the team being insanely cautious and protecting him.

FlashBolt
10-04-2017, 07:45 PM
:shrug: then donít be involved in a thread about him.

Just ask yourself, has there been one non-sixers fan that thinks Embiid will ever be healthy? The consensus, I believe, is that most don't think he'll have a long career. Some, like me, think he'll be an Andrew Bynum ordeal.

warfelg
10-04-2017, 07:55 PM
Just ask yourself, has there been one non-sixers fan that thinks Embiid will ever be healthy? The consensus, I believe, is that most don't think he'll have a long career. Some, like me, think he'll be an Andrew Bynum ordeal.

Again, I said I had no problem with people questioning his health. What the problem Sixer fans have is when you say that "I can't consider him good because of the lack of play".

tredigs
10-04-2017, 10:15 PM
Again, I said I had no problem with people questioning his health. What the problem Sixer fans have is when you say that "I can't consider him good because of the lack of play".

He's definitely shown to be good. Just useless.

FlashBolt
10-04-2017, 10:33 PM

I think the problem is some of you guys are betting so much on Embiid that you guys ignore serious concerns regarding his health. He's literally the only reason people are high on the Sixers future.

More-Than-Most
10-04-2017, 10:54 PM
I think the problem is some of you guys are betting so much on Embiid that you guys ignore serious concerns regarding his health. He's literally the only reason people are high on the Sixers future.

lmfao this is the dumb stuff people call you out on.. yes embiid is why they are high... not simmons/saric/fultz :laugh: keep being a laker lover and a sixer hater bruh

ewing
10-04-2017, 10:55 PM

he's a good reason. There are a lot of guys that can stay healthy. there aren't many that can be as good as him. if he doesn't it sucks for them. He is a big "if" guy

warfelg
10-04-2017, 11:01 PM

How many times do I have to say "I HAVE NO PROBLEM IF YOU DOUBT HIS HEALTH!!!"

It's like you want to ignore it to troll at this point.

warfelg
10-04-2017, 11:03 PM
He's definitely shown to be good. Just useless.

I have no problem because you're saying it fine. He's good, but he just can't consistently be on the court which is a problem.

tredigs
10-04-2017, 11:27 PM
I have no problem because you're saying it fine. He's good, but he just can't consistently be on the court which is a problem.

Yeah, I love Embiid and want him and the Sixers to come up as a team. Just a reality that so far he's essentially been useless.

Vinylman
10-05-2017, 06:06 AM
now see had he re-inured his foot last season i would not be arguing any of this but his foot wasnt an issue at all last season. He suffered a common injury from an awkward landing (he plays hard, **** happened), he worked on his landing all off season so hopefully it pays off as he grows more comfortable post injury. I expect we see him play around 50-60 games not including playoffs if we are to make it but most of the missed games should just be the team being insanely cautious and protecting him.

hope he plays all season... as for the injury... that is the same **** that happened with Bynum... both NBA injuries were freak injuries in terms of how they happened. However, once you are injury prone you are injury prone... you compensate for prior injuries, etc...

That is why I believe if Embiid is going to have a long NBA career he has to modify how he plays... worry less about the highlight reel and play an intelligent way.

TheDish87
10-05-2017, 08:43 AM
eh Curry was injury prone before he broke out and hes been just fine, Blake and AD too and plenty of others who turned out just fine (yes i know not to the same level but the point is the same). Embiid really only needs to play about 65-70 games on avg during the season for us to contend when the time comes. Part of his season ending injury was exactly what you said and i touched one earlier. He was compensating for his foot and landed awkward on his other leg but he at least spent the off-season working on that.

FlashBolt
10-05-2017, 12:27 PM
How many times do I have to say "I HAVE NO PROBLEM IF YOU DOUBT HIS HEALTH!!!"

It's like you want to ignore it to troll at this point.

It's not directed towards you. Why do you assume I would even bother trolling? Some Sixers fans here have been unbearable and they know who they are. I mention health consistently because there is no other factor. Get this in your head, Sixers fans. If Embiid is not healthy enough to play B2B's, 30+ minutes, at least 65+ games, no one cares how good he'll be. Which is precisely my point. You guys want to grasp at the few games he does play because it's some sort of tunnel vision for you guys. I mean, if Embiid is never healthy, what does the Sixers do? Their entire makeup of things will change.

TheDish87
10-05-2017, 01:26 PM
you can continue to argue a whole different point that we have all previously agreed with multiple times. youre the one who is unbearable here.

FlashBolt
10-05-2017, 02:08 PM
you can continue to argue a whole different point that we have all previously agreed with multiple times. youre the one who is unbearable here.

Like I said, no one cares about Embiid if he isn't healthy. There is only so much trusting of the process we can take. Unless he stays healthy, he's just a guy we'll be saying, "Is this the game he gets injured again?" He's young and missing this many games as a big man. You have to assume the worst. Is he great when he plays? Sure. But that's misleading. You think teams are developing a game plan for a guy who plays 40% of the regular season? You think teams even care? Sixers haven't been a good team for a while so I'm sure a few of them just brush them off as if it's just another game. Everyone here that isn't a Sixers fan somehow gets this. If you can't play, your stats are meaningless. If we're going by 30 games per season, why is no one talking about TJ Warren - who averaged about 18 PPG on 54% shooting? I mean, let's do this for every player.. a 30 game sample size. You guys are putting so much faith on Embiid and it is very likely you will all be disappointed again.. to which I ask, at what point do you give up on Embiid?

IndyRealist
10-05-2017, 02:25 PM
Certainly not during his rookie contract.

FlashBolt
10-05-2017, 02:30 PM
Certainly not during his rookie contract.

That's my take on it too but past that? I asked Sixers fans this a few pages back and MTM replies saying that if Sixers don't max him out, someone else will. Really? If Embiid plays 30 games per season again, who maxes him out? We're past the stage of him still growing into his body. He's nearing 24 next season (one less year than Anthony Davis, wow!), he's older than guys like Towns, Giannis, Porzingis.. If he was 21, I'd give him more of a shot. But that was years ago and in the three seasons he's been signed to the NBA, playing 30 games is an absolute embarrassment. Greg Oden played more games than Embiid did.. almost 3x as many. Imagine if you tell Embiid to play 70 games, B2B's and 34 MPG like some of these other guys are doing. The only reason they didn't even push him past 30 min nor play B2B's is precisely because they don't trust that he can do it! So I apologize to Sixers fans if the truth hurts but outside fans don't care about a guy who is known for Trusting the Process rather than going out there and proving it already. Three fcking seasons. What's going to change? He'll somehow develop LeBron-type genes?

FlashBolt
10-05-2017, 02:36 PM
lmfao this is the dumb stuff people call you out on.. yes embiid is why they are high... not simmons/saric/fultz :laugh: keep being a laker lover and a sixer hater bruh

Are you talking about people calling me out when you're like notoriously known here for being a terrible evaluator of NBA players or teams in general? I'm still trying to find where you said I kept bashing Sixers out of nowhere.. where is it? Any evidence? I made a bet.. do you think Embiid can play more than 55 games next season? Take me up on it, please. I'm tired of your gibberish. If you have faith on the guy, prove it. Embiid is why they are high and that's a good/bad thing. Good: He turns out to be worth it. Bad: Tanking ain't going to be as easy. Guess what? When you play 30/246 games, no one cares how good you are for 30 games anymore. They care about you staying healthy. And that's something Embiid isn't going to be able to overcome just by Trusting the Process. He's a 7 footer who has a grown body already.

TheDish87
10-05-2017, 03:01 PM
Embiid is getting extended, hes is 100% healthy (has been for a while) and cleared for 5v5 full court. there is minimal risk in us maxing him or going close to it regardless of the outcome. I also think its funny you think teams dont care or gameplan around Embiid bcuz he hasnt played much. you dont think after seeing him play and knowing hes available (which is known at least a day before the game usually) teams are worrying about him? get out of here, you know they are. Dude was constantly getting doubled in his first game and even he said he couldnt believe it. i wonder why though?

FlashBolt
10-05-2017, 03:28 PM
Embiid is getting extended, hes is 100% healthy (has been for a while) and cleared for 5v5 full court. there is minimal risk in us maxing him or going close to it regardless of the outcome. I also think its funny you think teams dont care or gameplan around Embiid bcuz he hasnt played much. you dont think after seeing him play and knowing hes available (which is known at least a day before the game usually) teams are worrying about him? get out of here, you know they are. Dude was constantly getting doubled in his first game and even he said he couldnt believe it. i wonder why though?

Oh, he's 100% healthy. How many times are we going to hear that? Haha.. We'll see..

Westbrook36
10-05-2017, 04:01 PM
That's my take on it too but past that? I asked Sixers fans this a few pages back and MTM replies saying that if Sixers don't max him out, someone else will. Really? If Embiid plays 30 games per season again, who maxes him out? We're past the stage of him still growing into his body. He's nearing 24 next season (one less year than Anthony Davis, wow!), he's older than guys like Towns, Giannis, Porzingis.. If he was 21, I'd give him more of a shot. But that was years ago and in the three seasons he's been signed to the NBA, playing 30 games is an absolute embarrassment. Greg Oden played more games than Embiid did.. almost 3x as many. Imagine if you tell Embiid to play 70 games, B2B's and 34 MPG like some of these other guys are doing. The only reason they didn't even push him past 30 min nor play B2B's is precisely because they don't trust that he can do it! So I apologize to Sixers fans if the truth hurts but outside fans don't care about a guy who is known for Trusting the Process rather than going out there and proving it already. Three fcking seasons. What's going to change? He'll somehow develop LeBron-type genes?

...We all understand that in order to be considered a great player you need to be on the actual court.

This is a make or break year for Embiid, that's no question. He has the talent and produced as if he could be the best center in the NBA. The fluid moves, defensive ability, and skill set with the shot all point towards him being dominate. The Jones fracture is what it is - a tricky heal that can lead to needing surgery again in many cases. In the case with Embiid he grew 2 inches as well. It had nothing to do with trusting Embiid..it was in the best interest of the franchise to bring him along slowly last year. Just like there was no reason for him to play full court 5 on 5 until now for opening day. The biggest thing for Embiid isn't talent..it's playing style -- leading to health. If you were a fan and actually watched him he threw his body around and ended up on the floor way too often last year. This is something he spoke about during the NBA media day. With someone like Embiid he hasn't been playing basketball his whole life and due to that he has to address those fundamentals..the small things like landing, restraint to not go after certain loose balls, etc.

I'll take you up on Embiid playing 55 games. What's the bet? "tanking" isn't going to be easy..yet we landed the #3 pick two years of the rebuild, #1 once, and then #3 via Kings swap that we traded up for #1. The only reason you get your crack at the 76ers is because Hinkie took the "tank" to the extreme. Plenty of garbage teams in the NBA right now looking to "tank". Then you've got the Pistons and Magic of the league throwing massive long term deals to subpar role players.

Let's see how Fultz, Simmons, and the new incoming guys play before we say, "The entire 76ers team is at the whim of Embiid," as if this team didn't have immense talent or assets in other areas.

Of course I think Simmons is going to be special though :)

TheDish87
10-05-2017, 04:16 PM
dont even get him started on Simmons. in his world of not even watching simmons was really bad last night lololol

FlashBolt
10-05-2017, 04:27 PM
...We all understand that in order to be considered a great player you need to be on the actual court.

This is a make or break year for Embiid, that's no question. He has the talent and produced as if he could be the best center in the NBA. The fluid moves, defensive ability, and skill set with the shot all point towards him being dominate. The Jones fracture is what it is - a tricky heal that can lead to needing surgery again in many cases. In the case with Embiid he grew 2 inches as well. It had nothing to do with trusting Embiid..it was in the best interest of the franchise to bring him along slowly last year. Just like there was no reason for him to play full court 5 on 5 until now for opening day. The biggest thing for Embiid isn't talent..it's playing style -- leading to health. If you were a fan and actually watched him he threw his body around and ended up on the floor way too often last year. This is something he spoke about during the NBA media day. With someone like Embiid he hasn't been playing basketball his whole life and due to that he has to address those fundamentals..the small things like landing, restraint to not go after certain loose balls, etc.

I'll take you up on Embiid playing 55 games. What's the bet? "tanking" isn't going to be easy..yet we landed the #3 pick two years of the rebuild, #1 once, and then #3 via Kings swap that we traded up for #1. The only reason you get your crack at the 76ers is because Hinkie took the "tank" to the extreme. Plenty of garbage teams in the NBA right now looking to "tank". Then you've got the Pistons and Magic of the league throwing massive long term deals to subpar role players.

Let's see how Fultz, Simmons, and the new incoming guys play before we say, "The entire 76ers team is at the whim of Embiid," as if this team didn't have immense talent or assets in other areas.

Of course I think Simmons is going to be special though :)

1) How much more slower? It's been three years. We've gone through this before with Embiid. If he has an injury, people are not going to be surprised. He has two years remaining. They better hasten it up or they'll have no idea which Embiid they might be resigning.

2) So you're telling me he shouldn't be playing competitive basketball because he puts his body at line too much? Stop, dude. He's injury prone. That's the short and quick answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz7dO1SbzoQ

So that playing style is too much for him?

3) It's too late to address those fundamentals. He is who he is: A 7 footer who has gone through too many injuries and is age 24 within a few months.

4) The new rules are designed to mitigate the pros of tanking. It won't be as easy as before where teams are just losing knowing they have the best chance if they do. And what message does that even send that your franchise STILL wants to tank? If OKC kept tanking and tanking, I would lose interest quickly. This is the NBA. No one wants to watch a team purposely lose. The bet is, if Embiid plays more than 55 games, I will ship you a brand new Embiid jersey. If he doesn't, you ship me any jersey that I want. Deal? I have no problem doing that. But those 55 games must be for next season and I don't care if he gets injured or benched for "rest." If he does not play 55 games for next season, then you owe me a jersey.

FlashBolt
10-05-2017, 04:32 PM
dont even get him started on Simmons. in his world of not even watching simmons was really bad last night lololol

I didn't see anything that was game-changing. A few passes here and there but Memphis basically sat all their starters and their bench sucks.. so if you think that was amazing, get in for a rude awakening when he's going up against players who can actually play.

stephcurry182
10-06-2017, 11:24 AM
They are literally completely different players. Embids offensive ceiling is way beyond howard

ewing
10-06-2017, 08:32 PM

I know he had a triple single

Gibby23
10-07-2017, 01:43 AM
He won't last as long as D12. His career is probably over in a year or 2.

albfree
10-12-2017, 07:58 AM
Kind of an odd comparison. Embiid is a much better scorer first of all. Dwight, even though he's worked incredibly hard at his post skills, still reminds one of a giraffe on ice skates. Embiid is much more polished and well rounded offensively. The fact that he can shoot the 3 for a decent percentage sets him apart immediately.

Embiid is also simply a much bigger athlete and far more physically imposing. What is he 5 inches taller than Dwight at this point? Sadly, he's far less durable.

I don't have a valid comparison for Embiid. He is literally a freak. Too bad he's so injury prone. He could have had a hall of fame caliber career.

TheDish87
10-12-2017, 08:46 AM
Kind of an odd comparison. Embiid is a much better scorer first of all. Dwight, even though he's worked incredibly hard at his post skills, still reminds one of a giraffe on ice skates. Embiid is much more polished and well rounded offensively. The fact that he can shoot the 3 for a decent percentage sets him apart immediately.

Embiid is also simply a much bigger athlete and far more physically imposing. What is he 5 inches taller than Dwight at this point? Sadly, he's far less durable.

I don't have a valid comparison for Embiid. He is literally a freak. Too bad he's so injury prone. He could have had a hall of fame caliber career.

lol so he its impossible? you talk like hes not back playing and healthy

albfree
10-12-2017, 08:59 AM
lol so he its impossible? you talk like hes not back playing and healthy

He's only been able to suit up for 30 of 246 games. It's tough to make the hall of fame playing an average of 10 games a season.

TheDish87
10-12-2017, 09:11 AM
lol yea bcuz thats the avg that he will continue with.

albfree
10-12-2017, 09:30 AM
lol yea bcuz thats the avg that he will continue with.

1. Embiid is 7'2" and reportedly near 300 pounds.

2. Bigs with a history of either foot or knee injuries tend to have short careers in the NBA. Embiid has a history of both at only 23 years of age.

It's far too early to project a hof career for embiid. However, there are numerous warning signs that his career could be curtailed by injuries.

As a betting man, I'd say the over/under is around 50 games this season.

TheDish87
10-12-2017, 10:19 AM
1. llololol that was before last season which was proven to be wrong. have you seen the dude? obviously not.

2. He had no foot issues last year, none. First knee injury and it wasnt serious, he was recovered quite fast and held out for precaution.

if he plays 50+ games this year (he will) he is making an All NBA team.

albfree
10-12-2017, 10:32 AM
1. llololol that was before last season which was proven to be wrong. have you seen the dude? obviously not.

2. He had no foot issues last year, none. First knee injury and it wasnt serious, he was recovered quite fast and held out for precaution.

if he plays 50+ games this year (he will) he is making an All NBA team.

He's 7'2", 300 lbs with a history of foot and knee injuries. He's a great player but the taller and heavier the player, the more prone they are to injuries. It doesn't guarantee they'll have a shorter career due to injuries but the risk is significantly higher.

A meniscus tear affects players differently. Chris Paul had a meniscus tear and has been an all nba caliber player since, but he wasn't as explosive coming back, not to mention he's 5'11" and not 7'2". Time will tell: personally, I'd love to see him play well and have a long career, but I'm not betting on it either.

warfelg
10-12-2017, 10:40 AM
Heís not 300 pounds....

FlashBolt
10-12-2017, 10:44 AM
Heís not 300 pounds....

Google listed him at 250 but we all know that is false. LeBron is probably 250-260 and he is 6'8. Fair to say Embiid is 280?

albfree
10-12-2017, 11:08 AM
Google listed him at 250 but we all know that is false. LeBron is probably 250-260 and he is 6'8. Fair to say Embiid is 280?

A rookie year Shaq was 7'1" and a lean 290. I'd say 275 is a conservative estimate. At a muscular 7'2" I'd say Embiid is close to Shaq's rookie year weight if not more.

No one knows exactly since height/weight listings are almost never updated. Not to mention teams love to fudge numbers in whatever direction they please.

albfree
10-12-2017, 11:09 AM
He won't last as long as D12. His career is probably over in a year or 2.

Embiid's yet to play the equivalent of a full 82 game season in his first three seasons in the league. He needs 52 to complete the equivalent of a full season in his first 4 paid seasons.

threeforthewin
10-12-2017, 11:29 AM
I really hope Embiid stays healthy, a lot of GMs and reporters think he can become a top 5 player in the league soon enough. Fair play to 76ers for playing the long game. Snagging Embiid and Simmons is awesome.

warfelg
10-12-2017, 12:03 PM

He said in an interview he hovers between 275-280 area.

FlashBolt
10-12-2017, 03:03 PM
He said in an interview he hovers between 275-280 area.

Do you think he should slim down a bit? Less weight on his lower body and he's still physically imposing enough to have a huge advantage on other centers. 265 might be perfect for him.

More-Than-Most
10-12-2017, 04:12 PM
Do you think he should slim down a bit? Less weight on his lower body and he's still physically imposing enough to have a huge advantage on other centers. 265 might be perfect for him.

I dont think it will help as much really... Last night to hell with the performance... His falls were all great signs... He is no longer trying to land and instead naturally falling to the ground which he didnt do before... He needs to keep that up.

warfelg
10-12-2017, 04:47 PM

I think heíll slim down as season goes on. I think he bilked up a bit more than he intended.

tredigs
10-12-2017, 08:25 PM
I like how this thread has been going on for like a month and people are still responding to the OP without actually realizing that he was just talking about their personalities (To be fair, it was a terrible OP to begin with).

albfree
10-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Slimming down a bit certainly wouldn't hurt (no pun intended). He'd be a little more agile, faster, and slightly less injury prone. The closer he gets to 300 lbs. the more stress he places on his joints and feet.

I say the 6ers play it ultra conservative and hold him out weeks longer than is necessary with any minor problem. I'd be surprised if he played over 50 games this season. Considering his size and injury risk I doubt the 6ers want to play him more than 60 games a season from here on out.

ewing
10-15-2017, 08:29 AM
Does he get shut down if the Sixers are out of the playoff picture? What about Simmons?

beasted86
10-15-2017, 09:28 AM
Does he get shut down if the Sixers are out of the playoff picture? What about Simmons?

Tank city all day everyday. Trust the process.

I hope the Sixers play a real season for the first time and it ends with solid progress. But unfortunately it seems ingrained in their mindset to quit before any progress is made. If things don't immediately look good for them, expect a full tank session. Don't expect them to allow a later season surge like Miami last year. They will bench their guys.

warfelg
10-15-2017, 09:30 AM

Nah.

1) Him and his agent would flip **** if he gets shut down. That would lesson the chance at MVP/DPOY/All NBA and kill his shot at the supermax.

2) They wonít with Simmons. Theyíll use it to get him to develop, take more jumpers, and the like.

europagnpilgrim
10-15-2017, 11:24 AM

That's the trick here, Embiid was potentially in line to be the next Dream, we all know Dream is on another 2way level than Howard so Embiid brings more to the table than Howard on the skill set combined with the defense and size, though Howard was more explosive athletically and showcased it way more because of his early superman type durability, to me Howard was a more muscular new day defensive anchor version of Russell, Russell could have easily scored 24ppg in his day but settled for 17ppg, Howard can dream his entire career/life of averaging 24ppg but has to settle for his 18-20ppg max

Embiid and his horrible health situation has hindered him and even though we have seen what he can do when he has played it still leaves a G Oden type feeling,a guy you know can contribute and fill up the stat sheet but is always on the sidelines in street clothes/suits making him useless for your future but I hope Embiid finally gets to play around 60-70 games so he can put up his all nba caliber numbers

now that I think of it G Oden should have gotten a max deal back when he was injury proned since he did about as much as Embiid has done pretty much

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-15-2017, 12:54 PM

Don't worry. Bayless will freeze these guys out anyway.