PDA

View Full Version : Top-five first, second and third options

mrblisterdundee
09-24-2017, 05:31 AM
I was commenting on a Carmelo to Oklahoma City thread about how I think Carmelo's the second-best third option in the league. It got me thinking: Create top-five lists of who you think are the best first, second and third options in the NBA.
Keep in mind that the lists are based on the hierarchies of individual teams. Some first options (Kawhi, Lillard, Griffin, Davis, Cousins, etc.) could get left out if they're not top-five on the first options list. There are some teams like Golden State, Houston and New Orleans that have two first options or an unresolved hierarchy. Durant and Curry, for instance, both deserve to be in the top five of first options. Paul and Harden could be in the same conversation. Cousins and Davis or Towns and Butler could go either way. Use your best judgement.

mrblisterdundee
09-24-2017, 05:56 AM
1st Options: LeBron, Durant, Curry, Harden, Westbrook
2nd Options: George, Butler, Paul, Thomas (if healthy), Hayward, McCollum (if Thomas not healthy)
3rd Options: Klay, Carmelo, Love, Wiggins, Horford

B'sCeltsPatsSox
09-24-2017, 02:06 PM
2nd Options: George, Butler, Paul, Thomas (if healthy), Hayward, McCollum (if Thomas not healthy)

Love and Wiggins will probably be better offensive player than Carmelo.

JasonJohnHorn
09-24-2017, 07:24 PM
Best First: KD
Best Second: Curry
Best third: Klay

I mean... you might put KD behind LBJ, but looking at the percentages, and speaking to scoring, I don't think you have another option for the best first scoring option.

Since Curry gets the second most shots on that team, he is a second option.

Since Klay gets the third most, he's the best third option.

I would put all three in the top give for first if they were on different teams.

Scoots
09-24-2017, 09:40 PM

Putting Curry and Durant as first options ... they should be the top name in the 2nd options too.

I think the way the team ended the season Curry was 1a and Durant 1b.