PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: WOJ reports, Melo to OKC!

Pages : [1] 2

FlashBolt
09-23-2017, 01:08 PM
Omfg!

GREATNESS ONE
09-23-2017, 01:09 PM
Westy/PG13/Melo

This season is going to be a lot of fun! I'll post the link soon!

lamzoka
09-23-2017, 01:09 PM
For Kanter, McDermott and a 2nd rd pick via Chicago

GREATNESS ONE
09-23-2017, 01:10 PM
Nice move by the Thunder. Look forward to this season!

FlashBolt
09-23-2017, 01:12 PM
Rockets? LOL!

Jets012
09-23-2017, 01:12 PM
Don't like the fit.

GiantsSwaGG
09-23-2017, 01:13 PM
OKC GM should win GM of the year. I know Melo value was low and I’m so happy he’s gone but Kanter, McBuckets and a 2nd lol.

Shows the Knicks wanted Melo gone asap. Congrats Thunder 2nd best team in the West now!

GiantsSwaGG
09-23-2017, 01:14 PM
Presti should win GM of the year. Rockets must feel stick to their stomach. Melo went for Kanter and McBuckets while they can’t even move Anderson

warfelg
09-23-2017, 01:15 PM
Thunder setting themselves up great for this year and the future.

Sadds The Gr8
09-23-2017, 01:15 PM
lol west is so stacked. too bad this will only be for 1 year.

mightybosstone
09-23-2017, 01:16 PM
Can someone please change the thread title? C'mon Greatness! :facepalm:

zn23
09-23-2017, 01:16 PM
Westbrook, Melo and George.... Not enough balls to go around.

GREATNESS ONE
09-23-2017, 01:17 PM

Hahaha I'm sorry! Honest mistake :p

YAALREADYKNO
Damn if melo and Westbrook can learn to share the ball okc Could make it interesting with GS

warfelg
Don't like the fit.

I think it’s awesome. Spot up shooter Melo with a defensive center is the best.

Westbrook
Roberson
George
Melo
Adams

That’s just awesome. What’s on the bench?

mightybosstone
09-23-2017, 01:18 PM
Presti should win GM of the year. Rockets must feel stick to their stomach. Melo went for Kanter and McBuckets while they can’t even move Anderson

Mmm.... I'm not that devastated. I wanted Melo in Houston, but not at the expense of any piece outside of Anderson or draft picks. And Anderson is hardly the pile of **** you've made him out to be over the last two months. If that guy can figure out how to make 3-pointers at home this season, watch out.

TrueFan420
OKC is either gonna be really good or this is going to blow up and everyone bails. Will be interesting to see and damn the west is going to be fun.

warfelg

Fake News! Sad!

GREATNESS ONE

Westbrook
Roberson
George
Melo
Adams

I agree, I like the fit, I hope they can make it work and give the Dubs a run for their money and not make it easy for them.

Htownballa1622

Shocked.

Send over that sig once the trade is finalized tomorrow. :(

GREATNESS ONE
09-23-2017, 01:19 PM
Btw. Congrats on the 3 seed okc.

Is SAS getting the 2nd seed?

aman_13
I love the NBA!

likemystylez
This is why Durant left.... OKC is pushing for isolation basketball and Durant was trying to get to a system that valued ball movement. Styles didn't go together.

Htownballa1622
09-23-2017, 01:20 PM

GREATNESS ONE
09-23-2017, 01:20 PM
Yea, just follow them to LAL ;)

FlashBolt
09-23-2017, 01:21 PM

Westbrook
Roberson
George
Melo
Adams

That's our problem.. we have a terrible bench.

KnicksorBust
09-23-2017, 01:22 PM
null

Agreed. Great trade for OKC. That haul is wack for NYK.

warfelg
09-23-2017, 01:22 PM
Just heard that Westbrook and PG13 have been pushing hard to get Melo to open up to including OKC on the list; and Melo gave in after some assurances that this “wouldn’t be a one year stop.”

FlashBolt
09-23-2017, 01:23 PM
I have a feeling OKC and HOU fans will have a rivalry.. gonna be fun!

Spurs
OKC
HOU
Minny
GSW

Has a conference ever been THIS stacked?

D-Leethal
09-23-2017, 01:23 PM
Is it really a 2nd round pick?

GiantsSwaGG
09-23-2017, 01:24 PM
Now everybody will be playing with OKC in 2k now lol

KB24PG16
09-23-2017, 01:25 PM
This is why Durant left.... OKC is pushing for isolation basketball and Durant was trying to get to a system that valued ball movement. Styles didn't go together.

no he's just a *****

zn23
09-23-2017, 01:26 PM

1. Warriors
2. Rockets
3. Spurs
4. Nuggets
5. Thunder

I'll take the Nuggets over this newly constructed OKC team.

J4KOP99
09-23-2017, 01:27 PM
Why would melo add okc to his list if he didn't have some assurance that George and westy would be willing to stay for the future?

mightybosstone
Now that I've moved on from the disappointment and the shock of the poo-poo platter the Knicks got for Melo, I'm starting to think about how the fit will work in OKC. On paper? It looks damn good. Melo and George complement each other really well as a forward duo as long as Melo doesn't mind being more of a spot-up shooter and less of an on-the-ball scorer.

But Westbrook is the wildcard in all of this. Is he willing to give up his touches that much? Will his shot selection improve to accommodate two guys who are simply much better at taking perimeter jumpers than he is?

This team might have leapfrogged every other roster in the league as the most fascinating team to watch this season. And with everyone on contracts that could run out at the end of the year, it could turn into either a team with serious long-term potential or a horrible one-year experiment that will leave OKC with nothing. That's one hell of a gamble here by Presti, but it was one worth taking. And if it helps in any way to challenge the Warriors' postseason monopoly, I'm for it.

Nikeman
If there was one team that could hide Melo on defense, it was OKC, other than GS.

Westy when he wants, PG, Patterson, and Adams are all extremely solid defenders.

OKC also just got rid of Kanter's horrendous contract. I really liked Kanter though. Always spoke extremely highly of OKC And a true team guy.

valade16
09-23-2017, 01:28 PM
Houston fans got to be bummed.

mightybosstone
09-23-2017, 01:28 PM
Why would melo add okc to his list if he didn't have some assurance that George and westy would be willing to stay for the future?

Because a TON of superstars are going to be free agents next year, and it's worth a one-year gamble. But I definitely don't think this trio is a lock to be in OKC beyond this season.

KB24PG16
09-23-2017, 01:31 PM
Because a TON of superstars are going to be free agents next year, and it's worth a one-year gamble. But I definitely don't think this trio is a lock to be in OKC beyond this season.

yup especially if they get bounced early in the playoffs

FlashBolt

Because he's on his final season of a contract.. he'd rather play with OKC than the Knicks.

mightybosstone

Bummed, but understanding and not devastated.

My take through all of this was that I was 100 percent on board with an Anderson for Melo swap as long as Gordon and Capela stayed put. I can see the benefit of Melo replacing Anderson. But if Capela, Gordon or any other key pieces had to go in the process, they weren't going to be any better on paper than the current roster because they would be losing some serious depth. My guess is that was Morey's take as well, and Ne York wasn't going to take Anderson if they couldn't get someone like Capela as well.

This current Rockets team should still be much better than last season's squad on paper, and I'm still really stoked about adding Chris Paul and the additions to the defense with Tucker and Mbah a Moute. I think this Rockets team should win more games last season, and I'd still probably pick them to be the 2 seed come playoff time. It's just not quite as good on paper as it could have been this year, but there's still some serious long-term potential if they can keep Paul next summer.

FlashBolt
09-23-2017, 01:32 PM
Sorry HOU fans.. I was actually rooting for ya'll and the Cavs to get him because I thought we had nothing to offer. Knicks held out for this crappy trade.. they are pathetic for a franchise. I might move out of NYC just because of this!

BKLYNpigeon
09-23-2017, 01:33 PM
Congrats to okc to making it out of the first round of the playoffs.

likemystylez
09-23-2017, 01:34 PM

they still brought in cp3 this summer- heck even the warriors don't get to bring in more than one quality player per yr. OKC brought in 2, but they lost one last year

BKLYNpigeon
09-23-2017, 01:34 PM
Only way this works is if Westbrook becomes a PG and not dribble for 15 seconds every possession.

Htownballa1622
09-23-2017, 01:37 PM
Is SAS getting the 2nd seed?

4th

KobeOwnSU
09-23-2017, 01:37 PM
Nice. I hope this works out for OKC, it would be nice to see them be successful after Durant.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

J4KOP99
09-23-2017, 01:38 PM
I thought melo had multiple years left. My mistake

FlashBolt
09-23-2017, 01:39 PM
I'm more bummed that he went to okc than not coming here.

Just shows how bad he wanted out of nyc.

He doesn't decide ultimately where he goes.. Knicks didn't choose Houston.

AllBall
09-23-2017, 01:39 PM
1. Warriors
2. Spurs
3. Rockets
4. OKC

Htownballa1622
09-23-2017, 01:40 PM
I'm more bummed that he went to okc than not coming here.

Just shows how bad he wanted out of nyc.

mightybosstone
09-23-2017, 01:40 PM
I thought melo had multiple years left. My mistake

He has a player option after this season. So it feasibly could be one more year. But if this thing goes south, I'm thinking he tries to get out once George and Westy bail.

J4KOP99
09-23-2017, 01:44 PM
He has a player option after this season. So it feasibly could be one more year. But if this thing goes south, I'm thinking he tries to get out once George and Westy bail.

Yup, agreed. Thanks for the clarification. Should be very interesting.

The west is just absolutely loaded

Lakers + Giants
09-23-2017, 01:44 PM
I'm bummed as a laker fan. Now PG is staying in OKC :(

FlashBolt
09-23-2017, 01:45 PM
I feel bad for Kanter. Never liked the guy for us in terms of performance but dude genuinely liked playing for us.

kdspurman
09-23-2017, 01:46 PM
4th

I'd be very shocked if that happened tbh.

kdspurman
09-23-2017, 01:47 PM

Great off season for you guys dude. Looking forward to some fun battles

LOb0
09-23-2017, 01:48 PM
Is Melo even better than Kanter at this point?

Jamiecballer
09-23-2017, 01:48 PM
Only way this works is if Westbrook becomes a PG and not dribble for 15 seconds every possession.

pretty much. donovan will have to do a real 180 on his coaching strategy and do some serious coaching this year.

mightybosstone
09-23-2017, 01:49 PM

Yes. Much, much, much better. The fact that Kanter is the biggest piece in this deal should be very disappointing for Knicks fans. The guy is trash.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-23-2017, 01:49 PM
One less high vote getter for east all stars headed west. Middleton should be a walk on for All Star game now. Shame Parker missing games. Bucks be darn 3 all star in. But Parker out till February.

Htownballa1622
09-23-2017, 01:50 PM
True, but to go there just shows he wanted out more than anything. Knicks gonna knick.

I'd be very shocked if that happened tbh.

You might have a point. Y'all may still get that 3 seed depending on how okc meshes.

I just have waited for spurs to fall off so I'm gonna predict they take a slight step back. And yall didn't pay my guy Simmons haha.

IndyRealist
Being in Houston, I'm glad he didn't come here. Houston already has a good offense that only got better with Chris Paul. They really don't need another scorer. Giving up anything other than Anderson would have been a net negative.

For OKC, they aren't exactly the best defensive team prior to this trade, although trading Kanter they probably got better on that end. I like this as a cap move as much as anything. Paying Kanter and Adams was ridiculous, and Adams is a better fit for a perimeter oriented attack. Presti did a good job getting rid of two bad contracts (Kanter and Oladipo) without giving up 1st round picks.

For NYK, I have no idea how Kanter fits with Porzingas. Might push them into the playoffs in a weak East, might not.

hugepatsfan
Presti putting in work. I don't like Melo's impact on winning basketball but this is a great deal for them regardless. For that price you gamble and hope things fall into place.

FlashBolt
09-23-2017, 01:51 PM
Great off season for you guys dude. Looking forward to some fun battles

This season will be fun as heck. I'm glad some of us can get past the Warriors from last season cause that was a total bore of competition!

Is this a serious question? If you've watched a single OKC game, you'll quickly understand why Kanter plays so few minutes despite being our 2nd best offensive weapon.

IndyRealist
09-23-2017, 01:51 PM
True, but to go there just shows he wanted out more than anything. Knicks gonna knick.

You might have a point. Y'all may still get that 3 seed depending on how okc meshes.

I just have waited for spurs to fall off so I'm gonna predict they take a slight step back. And yall didn't pay my guy Simmons haha.

I wouldn't bet against the Spurs anywhere before the WCF.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-23-2017, 01:53 PM
Any news on Spurs Aldridge? Guess he's safe for now?

kdspurman
09-23-2017, 01:54 PM

So the 2 seed must be reserved for y'all huh? :)

I guess I've just seen this happen so many times where other teams have great off seasons on paper and we're going to see a drop and it doesn't happen all that much like that. I think we'll be 2 or 3, and better than last season.

I wish we got Simmons back, but dude wanted to shine. He'll have that chance in the sunshine State

Sly Guy
09-23-2017, 01:55 PM
I've never been that high on melo and think he's quite a bit overrated. But player by player, OKC won the trade and upgraded in talent, but I don't see how Melo and PG fit together, unless Melo's willing to play all his time at the 4. Again, touches could be a problem, westy has always been hugely ball dominant, and I've seen melo sulk a lot over his career when he wasn't the guy in the spotlight at all times. This team still doesn't beat the warriors, and to be honest, I don't think they beat the Rockets either.

IndyRealist
09-23-2017, 01:56 PM
I've never been that high on melo and think he's quite a bit overrated. But player by player, OKC won the trade and upgraded in talent, but I don't see how Melo and PG fit together, unless Melo's willing to play all his time at the 4. Again, touches could be a problem, westy has always been hugely ball dominant, and I've seen melo sulk a lot over his career when he wasn't the guy in the spotlight at all times. This team still doesn't beat the warriors, and to be honest, I don't think they beat the Rockets either.

If it comes down to it, PG can guard 1-4 and play SG where he started his career, so Melo can play 3. But it's far more likely Melo plays stretch 4 just because OKC doesn't have much in the front court besides Adams.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-23-2017, 01:57 PM

Westy likes triple doubles for MVP race. So he'll pass it 10 times. Better make 'em.

FlashBolt
09-23-2017, 01:57 PM
Lost in all of this.. PG+Andre Roberson are two elite defenders... it will be fun watching those guys clamp backcourts down. PG+Andre are both all-nba level defenders. Our defense should be much improved.. Russ will change his game.. I am telling you guys, he will make it a point to play PG duty now.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-23-2017, 02:05 PM
Any chance Wade goes to Thunder now?

Westy,Wade,PG13,Melo,Adams

Vee-Rex
09-23-2017, 02:05 PM
Just heard that Westbrook and PG13 have been pushing hard to get Melo to open up to including OKC on the list; and Melo gave in after some assurances that this “wouldn’t be a one year stop.”

Impossible. Absolutely impossible.

Because I was guaranteed that LeBron would be in LA with George and Westy, so that means that there's absolutely no chance that trio stays in OKC because LBJ wouldn't go to LA by himself.

HandsOnTheWheel
09-23-2017, 02:06 PM
Terrible return on investment for the Knicks :)

warfelg
09-23-2017, 02:07 PM
One less high vote getter for east all stars headed west. Middleton should be a walk on for All Star game now. Shame Parker missing games. Bucks be darn 3 all star in. But Parker out till February.

Your ability to turn your first post in almost every thread into a Bucks centered post is almost legendary.

IndyRealist
09-23-2017, 02:08 PM
Any chance Wade goes to Thunder now?

Westy,Wade,PG13,Melo,Adams

I think Roberson is key to making this work. Unless Wade is going to come off the bench and run the second unit, I'd say no thank you.

warfelg
09-23-2017, 02:10 PM

Because I was guaranteed that LeBron would be in LA with George and Westy, so that means that there's absolutely no chance that trio stays in OKC because LBJ wouldn't go to LA by himself.

LOL. Cracks me up when people get so certain about things. I mean, even with what I heard there's no guarantee that one or both of those guys weren't lying. Because it can happen. Or it's a total failure.

Or these guys go on and win the WCF and string together something good and decide that taking the same amount of money but being in OKC with what they have isn't a bad thing.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-23-2017, 02:12 PM
Terrible return on investment for the Knicks :)

I'm shocked they took Kanter.

IndyRealist
09-23-2017, 02:18 PM
I'm shocked they took Kanter.

According to Kanter's twitter he's lost almost 40lbs this summer. He shouldn't be nearly so lumbering this season. I'm the only one excited about this for NYK, I guess. They weren't doing anything with Melo this season.

aman_13
09-23-2017, 02:19 PM
I feel bad for Kanter. Never liked the guy for us in terms of performance but dude genuinely liked playing for us.

He was just raving about the organization and how loyal they are a couple days ago.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-23-2017, 02:20 PM
Your ability to turn your first post in almost every thread into a Bucks centered post is almost legendary.

Well thanks man. Still Butler,PG13,Millsap,Melo all headed west.

IndyRealist
09-23-2017, 02:21 PM
He was just raving about the organization and how loyal they are a couple days ago.

Players are expected to be 100% loyal to their teams and not leave when they are perfectly within their rights to, but teams can trade players in a heartbeat without even talking to them about it, because it's "just business".

GoferKing_
09-23-2017, 02:23 PM
Melo is garbage but he is better then Kanter. And he could be a great spot-up shooter for OKC (and ISO form time to time).

Htownballa1622
09-23-2017, 02:34 PM
So the 2 seed must be reserved for y'all huh? :)

I guess I've just seen this happen so many times where other teams have great off seasons on paper and we're going to see a drop and it doesn't happen all that much like that. I think we'll be 2 or 3, and better than last season.

I wish we got Simmons back, but dude wanted to shine. He'll have that chance in the sunshine State

Oh 4 sure :p

I feel where you're coming from but on paper, spurs shouldn't be as good as they're previous records. Kawhi is amazing but tp is hurt. Everyone is year older. I just don't see it happening.

I agree on Simmons. He wanted to get paid too. He should flourish in Orlando.

MJNetsIsles
09-23-2017, 02:35 PM
Brooklyn is going to run NYC basketball this year!!

poleandreel
09-23-2017, 02:36 PM
I think people are severely underrating Kanter here. His defense is horrendous, no denying that. But his offense for a big man is probably top 5 in the NBA. He's a beast at rebounding and setting picks. I know I'll get flamed for saying this but he's basically an older KAT-lite. Kat gets the benefit of the doubt because he's really young but he's atrocious at defense too. Kanter was a top 3 pick for a reason. Presti is a really good GM so there's a reason he gave Kanter that money. There's a reason the Knicks took that over **** Anderson

Anyway besides that, people are not realizing what Presti did here. If this whole experiment fails he has set okc up for an amazing rebuild. Melo has 1 more year after this and he can trade him. Wb can opt in for a year and Presti can trade him. Can do a sign and trade with PG. they will have gotten rid of all the high cost contracts. Will be left with the perfect team to tank plus whatever assets they get in the trades. Sounds good to me

IndyRealist
09-23-2017, 02:39 PM
I think people are severely underrating Kanter here. His defense is horrendous, no denying that. But his offense for a big man is probably top 5 in the NBA. He's a beast at rebounding and setting picks. I know I'll get flamed for saying this but he's basically an older KAT-lite. Kat gets the benefit of the doubt because he's really young but he's atrocious at defense too. Kanter was a top 3 pick for a reason. Presti is a really good GM so there's a reason he gave Kanter that money. There's a reason the Knicks took that over **** Anderson

Anyway besides that, people are not realizing what Presti did here. If this whole experiment fails he has set okc up for an amazing rebuild. Melo has 1 more year after this and he can trade him. Wb can opt in for a year and Presti can trade him. Can do a sign and trade with PG. they will have gotten rid of all the high cost contracts. Will be left with the perfect team to tank plus whatever assets they get in the trades. Sounds good to me

I'd say Kanter is more of a good Okafor than a bad KAT. But he's apparently lost almost 40lbs. I think he's not going to be nearly so bad on defense anymore.

FlashBolt
09-23-2017, 02:42 PM

When Kanter was on the court for us, we usually gave up a lead against starters. He's only good against bench lineups - which is where most of his minutes came from. He was terrible defensively and most of his offensive game is below the rim - which he probably is top 5 skilled at. He's certainly not a top 5 in the NBA offensively.. you're probably looking too much at his efficiency. The issue with him was he sucks at threes and is pretty decent at the midrange so when he's on there with Adams, it was near impossible for us to get any floor spacing considering we had no shooters as well. Kanter sucks at making the extra pass as well.

Melo doesn't have one more season after this.. We all know he's opting out. He knows this is his last chance to get a huge contract so he doesn't want to risk having a bad season and then not having that one large payout.

FlashBolt
09-23-2017, 02:42 PM
I'd say Kanter is more of a good Okafor than a bad KAT. But he's apparently lost almost 40lbs. I think he's not going to be nearly so bad on defense anymore.

That wasn't the problem for Kanter. he's one of the most mobile big men in the league in terms of getting from point A to B. The issue was he just doesn't know how to defend. He puts his hands up and just stands there expecting you to not go past him or something. He's got some slow reaction to guys who just pull up in front of him because he gives them so much space. When they do get past him, he tries to block it from behind and it almost always ends up being an easy shot for the scorer.

He's just terrible defensively. It's funny that Melo is an upgrade for us defensively.. haha.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-23-2017, 02:43 PM
Knicks should be top 3 lottery now. Fighting with the Bulls and Hawks.

Vinsanity115
09-23-2017, 02:50 PM
Not sure how this will work...just like the Rockets.. lot of ball dominant players.. but I can see it working in OKC more than a lot of places.

FlashBolt
09-23-2017, 02:55 PM
The excuse of too many ball-dominant players doesn't work anymore. PG is great off-ball and Melo can play off-ball as he did during the Olympics. These guys understand that in order to beat these other teams, you need to be willing to sacrifice. It's not like we have three Kyrie's here. PG is a versatile player and at this point in Melo's career, I think we're going to see a different Melo. He's been in NYK having to be the 1st option when he clearly wasn't able to. Now, he's our third option.

smith&wesson
09-23-2017, 02:56 PM
Not sure how this will work...just like the Rockets.. lot of ball dominant players.. but I can see it working in OKC more than a lot of places.

They have Adams, Roberson, Patterson, Collison who are all pretty good role players .. Felton and Singler are good depth peices..

goingfor28
09-23-2017, 03:03 PM
Westbrook, Melo and George.... Not enough balls to go around.Each of them has more balls than KD :rimshot:

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
09-23-2017, 03:06 PM
They have Adams, Roberson, Patterson, Collison who are all pretty good role players .. Felton and Singler are good depth peices..

Collison is just there for veteran presence and because he's a good locker room guy. Dude sucks, though.

Heediot
09-23-2017, 03:07 PM
LOL. Knicks got robbed. I would of rather went with Rhyno, easier to flip.

WaDe03
09-23-2017, 03:08 PM
The excuse of too many ball-dominant players doesn't work anymore. PG is great off-ball and Melo can play off-ball as he did during the Olympics. These guys understand that in order to beat these other teams, you need to be willing to sacrifice. It's not like we have three Kyrie's here. PG is a versatile player and at this point in Melo's career, I think we're going to see a different Melo. He's been in NYK having to be the 1st option when he clearly wasn't able to. Now, he's our third option.

It's such an overplayed excuse. They will be fine, great players figure out how to make it work.

goingfor28
09-23-2017, 03:08 PM
I think this trio will take a little bit to come together, kind of like the Miami trio but once they do they're gonna have a killer offense.
Top 4 in the West is LOADED.
GSW
SAS
HOU
OKC
Postseason might be fun to watch again!

WaDe03
09-23-2017, 03:09 PM
Wade about to come win 6MOY.

D Blue987
09-23-2017, 03:11 PM

Not convinced he can play off the ball yet. He is an elite scorer that needs the ball in his hands to be effective and that is about it but perhaps playing with Westbrook and PG13 could help him improve on both ends of the court in areas that don't include shooting. All 3 of those guys took at least 18+ FGA per game last season. Only one basketball but we will see. One thing is for sure though, the Thunder will be highly entertaining one way or the other.

D Blue987
09-23-2017, 03:12 PM
Each of them has more balls than KD :rimshot:

awwww snap!

WaDe03
09-23-2017, 03:14 PM

Heediot
09-23-2017, 03:14 PM
OKC also just got rid of Kanter's horrendous contract. I really liked Kanter though. Always spoke extremely highly of OKC And a true team guy.

That in itself is a win. Even without Melo.

Heediot
09-23-2017, 03:22 PM
Wade would be a nice get with the lack of depth. Collison is useless now. Patterson is a solid 3-d pf off the bench. Felton is good for the limited minutes westy gives up. Singler is ok for limited minutes. Just need Wade and a backup 5.

FlashBolt
09-23-2017, 03:26 PM
Not convinced he can play off the ball yet. He is an elite scorer that needs the ball in his hands to be effective and that is about it but perhaps playing with Westbrook and PG13 could help him improve on both ends of the court in areas that don't include shooting. All 3 of those guys took at least 18+ FGA per game last season. Only one basketball but we will see. One thing is for sure though, the Thunder will be highly entertaining one way or the other.

All three were on terrible teams, though. They had to take 18 FGA not by decision but by default of not having better options. It'll take time but Melo understands the situation he is in or else he would not have waived his trade clause. Why would he waive it expecting to take 20+ shots?

FlashBolt
09-23-2017, 03:29 PM
No one is mentioning PG+AR's defense! Will be huge vs the backcourts!

Who does Houston have to guard us? None! We have PG+Andre to guard Kawhi, Harden, CP3, KD, Klay, Curry, LeBron! Very underrated defensively that no one is mentioning and it will only get better since all guys are going to be chilling offensively. Good things happen to great organizations.. hehe. We've been professional the entire time since KD left so thank you Presti =D!

D-Leethal
09-23-2017, 03:31 PM

Who does Houston have to guard us? None! We have PG+Andre to guard Kawhi, Harden, CP3, KD, Klay, Curry, LeBron! Very underrated defensively that no one is mentioning and it will only get better since all guys are going to be chilling offensively. Good things happen to great organizations.. hehe. We've been professional the entire time since KD left so thank you Presti =D!

I agree - those two guys are perfect wing defenders around Melo. Adams brings the hustle and energy they need up front. OKC is scary. Need some better depth tho.

MJNetsIsles
09-23-2017, 03:32 PM
This is a great move by OKC. Instantly a top 3 team now in the West along with the Spurs and Warriors. I would love to see OKC knock the Warriors off their throne.

Heediot
09-23-2017, 03:34 PM

I think their staring 5 has GS worried. I think they have a chance for an upset. Roberson and PG can make KD and Klay work for theirs, and Adams can man the paint.

WaDe03
09-23-2017, 03:35 PM
So OKC trades Sabonis Oladipo Kanter Doug and a 2nd for PG and Melo:

Westbrook
PG
Durant
Melo
Adams

Oh wait, Durants a ***** and killed his legacy by leaving. Could've done so much better for himself just staying.

FlashBolt
09-23-2017, 03:35 PM
I think their staring 5 has GS worried. I think they have a chance for an upset. Roberson and PG can make KD and Klay work for theirs, and Adams can man the paint.

Adams bullied the Warriors there a year ago but I think signing that new contract really killed any motivation for him. I'm hoping with this new team, Adams can start taking his game seriously so we can pull out some wins.

I'd rather stick PG on KD and Andre on Steph and have Westbrook guard Klay. Westbrook gambles too often and since Klay is pretty much a shooter, he won't be as exploited. I really like our team. I think we're built to beat the Warriors here. Melo+Adams can cause problems for the Warriors, IMO.

FlashBolt
09-23-2017, 03:36 PM
So OKC trades Sabonis Oladipo Kanter Doug and a 2nd for PG and Melo:

Westbrook
PG
Durant
Melo
Adams

Oh wait, Durants a ***** and killed his legacy by leaving. Could've done so much better for himself just staying.

We basically lost KD+Kanter+Ibaka for PG+Melo.. I'd rather have KD but we recovered from losing the 2nd best player pretty quickly.

Bostonjorge
09-23-2017, 03:39 PM
Okc coming for Durant

knickfan371
09-23-2017, 03:42 PM
By the end of the season you will want to see carmelo anthony leave.😂

TrueFan420
09-23-2017, 03:43 PM
Adams bullied the Warriors there a year ago but I think signing that new contract really killed any motivation for him. I'm hoping with this new team, Adams can start taking his game seriously so we can pull out some wins.

I'd rather stick PG on KD and Andre on Steph and have Westbrook guard Klay. Westbrook gambles too often and since Klay is pretty much a shooter, he won't be as exploited. I really like our team. I think we're built to beat the Warriors here. Melo+Adams can cause problems for the Warriors, IMO.

You guys still need to add a piece or two to your bench but your starting 5 match up perfectly. The other issue is will Westy calm down with the ISO/Hero ball he loves soo much. It's easy to say he will cause there's more talent now but he'd do it when you guys had KD and Harden. I think and hope he will cause it will make for a hell of a series. The West playoffs are going to be amazing.

Vinsanity115
09-23-2017, 03:44 PM
PG+Melo in OKC must make Durant really jealous..has to right?

WaDe03
09-23-2017, 03:57 PM

Yes because he could still be there with them.

FlashBolt
09-23-2017, 04:00 PM
Enes deserves a fcking statue here in OKC and a retired jersey..

https://twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/status/911670854932680710/video/1

Such a professional dude.. "Please beat the Warriors for me."

Let's go!

warfelg
09-23-2017, 04:06 PM
Enes deserves a fcking statue here in OKC and a retired jersey..

https://twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/status/911670854932680710/video/1

Such a professional dude.. "Please beat the Warriors for me."

Let's go!

Very class move.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-23-2017, 04:10 PM
Shams Charania‏
Verified account
*@ShamsCharania 2h
2 hours ago

More
Sources: Knicks plan to waive guard Chasson Randle to create roster space for Carmelo Anthony trade........

More-Than-Most
09-23-2017, 04:13 PM
I said melo had next to no trade value and got **** on... this is a really bad trade lol... Like I expected something and they got nothing.

cmellofan15
09-23-2017, 04:17 PM
So we know Melo can play off ball because he played with the best facilitators in the game against a bunch of guys who don't play in the NBA?

PAOboston
09-23-2017, 04:26 PM

Jealous of what? He plays on a team with Curry, Klay, and Draymond Green!

WaDe03
09-23-2017, 04:32 PM
So we know Melo can play off ball because he played with the best facilitators in the game against a bunch of guys who don't play in the NBA?

If you've watched him play and understand the game you can see he has the skills to play off ball.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-23-2017, 04:36 PM
Wade next? Cavs stumble. Trade deadline LeBron waives his no trade clause to Thunder and sends Adams and all the dead weight they got to match salaries and a pick or so. Pepper the bench with G-league guys.

Westy,Wade,PG13,Melo,LeBron. That should get the Warriors sweating a little. Just horsing around. LeBron probably wouldn't fit in the cap.

WaDe03
09-23-2017, 04:39 PM
Wade next? Cavs stumble. Trade deadline LeBron waives his no trade clause to Thunder and sends Adams and all the dead weight they got to match salaries and a pick or so. Pepper the bench with G-league guys.

Westy,Wade,PG13,Melo,LeBron. That should get the Warriors sweating a little. Just horsing around. LeBron probably wouldn't fit in the cap.

Sweating just a little lol?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-23-2017, 04:41 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycwesafx Ha ha haha.

Vee-Rex
09-23-2017, 04:42 PM
Y'all bout to see Paul George start dominating. He's a true superstar in this league ESPECIALLY in the playoffs. You guys just don't know how scary of a player he can be. And Westbrook is gonna have less of a load... he's gonna be able to turn up that energy/athleticism when the opposing team starts wearing down. Melo doesn't have to even put up big numbers - knock down your open shots and provide an offensive spark when needed. Trust me.

Come playoffs... OKC will be a FRIGHTENING team. If they can:

1. Build cohesion
2. Get a couple more shooters to fill out the bench

then I DARE say they can push GS to 7 games, maybe even beat them. GS still has more talent, but I think the defensive combination of Roberson and George, along with Adams in the middle matches up pretty good with them.

JasonJohnHorn
09-23-2017, 04:55 PM
How many balls are they going to need on the court at once to be effective?

Saddletramp
09-23-2017, 05:06 PM
Y'all bout to see Paul George start dominating. He's a true superstar in this league ESPECIALLY in the playoffs. You guys just don't know how scary of a player he can be. And Westbrook is gonna have less of a load... he's gonna be able to turn up that energy/athleticism when the opposing team starts wearing down. Melo doesn't have to even put up big numbers - knock down your open shots and provide an offensive spark when needed. Trust me.

Come playoffs... OKC will be a FRIGHTENING team. If they can:

1. Build cohesion
2. Get a couple more shooters to fill out the bench

then I DARE say they can push GS to 7 games, maybe even beat them. GS still has more talent, but I think the defensive combination of Roberson and George, along with Adams in the middle matches up pretty good with them.

Looks like Draymond's gonna be adding steel toes if that's the WCF.

Saddletramp
09-23-2017, 05:09 PM
Those three can all leave after this year, right? I have a feeling if one leaves, they all leave. And if they all stay, how much can they each sign for? No way OKC goes all in on those contracts, do they? It's either going to cost them a ton of luxury tax money or they'll start from scratch next year. Interesting to see what happens.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-23-2017, 05:13 PM
Those three can all leave after this year, right? I have a feeling if one leaves, they all leave. And if they all stay, how much can they each sign for? No way OKC goes all in on those contracts, do they? It's either going to cost them a ton of luxury tax money or they'll start from scratch next year. Interesting to see what happens.

I think they all stay. Doubt Melo opts out of his deal. Westy wont leave his 5 year deal on the table long. Also doubt Lakers give away Ball or Ingram to dump Deng or Clarkson. I could be wrong. But I think Lakers are left with the bag of money.

IndyRealist
09-23-2017, 05:23 PM
If you've watched him play and understand the game you can see he has the skills to play off ball.

People say the same thing about Paul George. He HAS the skills the be the best two-way player in the league. Better than Lebron at this point, better than Kawhi. But he doesn't. He shows flashes, but he makes poor decisions and LOVES his 20ft iso game way too much, and no one can tell him different. If Larry Bird giving him advice couldn't get him to play smarter, I don't give it good odds in OKC. He could surprise me, but I've watched him long enough to know he has to be managed to get out of his own way.

Bostonjorge
09-23-2017, 05:26 PM
Okc gave up Doug McDermott, kanter and oladipo for Melo and Paul George.

JordansBulls
09-23-2017, 05:37 PM
OKC in the East would be fun. Lebron would be soo spooked having to deal with Melo and George.

LA4life24/8
09-23-2017, 05:37 PM
Grear trade for OKC turrible for NY lol wow

The west is gonna be crazy next year. The east will be soooo frikkin pathetic

lakers squad
09-23-2017, 05:40 PM

That's the big question, will PG13 stay or go after this year. If I had to guess, He's still headed to L.A. next year. The only way I see him staying with the thunder is if they make it to at least the wcf and push the warriors to like 7 game's, and he feels like if he return's they have a real shot to win the chip! But at the rate Anthony's game has determinated the last few year's, it's not likely!

IndyRealist
09-23-2017, 05:40 PM

And Sabonis. They capitalized on teams that had to trade their players before training camp. OKC is most definitely a smartly run organization.

cheetos185
09-23-2017, 05:44 PM
NY wasn't going anywhere this year atleast now they can tank.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

brandt
09-23-2017, 06:12 PM
Nope. We knew the Rockets were out of the running a long time ago. Melo would have been a great addition, but what's done is done. Even if we got him, we probably wouldn't have been much better than last year because they got rid of all of there bench for Chris Paul, and would have had to get rid of even more for Melo. I do think it was cool that he wanted to go to Houston though, but it was out of his control so whatever.

lakers squad
09-23-2017, 06:41 PM
Yes because he could still be there with them.
If KD had stayed OKC would probably win the chip this year!

IndyRealist
09-23-2017, 06:51 PM
If KD had stayed OKC would probably win the chip this year!

If KD had stayed they probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger for either George or Melo.

Jamiecballer
09-23-2017, 07:06 PM
How many balls are they going to need on the court at once to be effective?I'm not the only one who thinks they just got worse I see.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

MJNetsIsles
09-23-2017, 07:08 PM

Daaaaaamn

mightybosstone
09-23-2017, 07:16 PM

Bad grammar aside, how about Chris Paul to guard Westbrook and some combination of Trevor Ariza, PJ Tucker and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute to guard George and Melo? That's a pretty solid core of defenders to guard OKC's best offensive weapons. Certainly more than "none."

WaDe03
09-23-2017, 07:27 PM
People say the same thing about Paul George. He HAS the skills the be the best two-way player in the league. Better than Lebron at this point, better than Kawhi. But he doesn't. He shows flashes, but he makes poor decisions and LOVES his 20ft iso game way too much, and no one can tell him different. If Larry Bird giving him advice couldn't get him to play smarter, I don't give it good odds in OKC. He could surprise me, but I've watched him long enough to know he has to be managed to get out of his own way.

Yea but he's really never been in this situation. I think he will be very good in this role and even if he's not better than LeBron (I disagree with you saying he could be better) and Kawhi he's still a top 15 player and apparently he's busted his *** this offseason because he knew he wasn't good enough last year.

WaDe03
09-23-2017, 07:30 PM
If KD had stayed they probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger for either George or Melo.

Why wouldn't they? I've seen this a lot but why would they not give their scraps for:

Westbrook
PG
KD
Melo
Adams

That's a guaranteed ring.

IndyRealist
09-23-2017, 08:02 PM
Yea but he's really never been in this situation. I think he will be very good in this role and even if he's not better than LeBron (I disagree with you saying he could be better) and Kawhi he's still a top 15 player and apparently he's busted his *** this offseason because he knew he wasn't good enough last year.

Then any conjecture that he'll suddenly become a team player is without any merit whatsoever. What I wrote is based on projecting how he's played and behaved his entire career.

IndyRealist
09-23-2017, 08:04 PM
Why wouldn't they? I've seen this a lot but why would they not give their scraps for:

Westbrook
PG
KD
Melo
Adams

That's a guaranteed ring.

Because teams that are close don't trade half their roster and risk destroying their chemistry. You see it time and again.

KnickNyKnick
09-23-2017, 08:04 PM
Brooklyn is going to run NYC basketball this year!!

they gonna make the fans run out of barclay.

likemystylez
09-23-2017, 08:06 PM
Because teams that are close don't trade half their roster and risk destroying their chemistry. You see it time and again.

warriors were close at 73 wins.(some would say they were clearly good enough to win it all) they didnt trade half their roster but they unloaded half of their rotation to bring in KD

europagnpilgrim
09-23-2017, 08:16 PM
We basically lost KD+Kanter+Ibaka for PG+Melo.. I'd rather have KD but we recovered from losing the 2nd best player pretty quickly.

and don't forget to add on losing Harden for basically Kanter/Singler who they gave like 90 million combined to after not wanting to give Harden 60mill, you can never recover from that, but I would rather have PG/Melo duo over KD, right now and 5yrs ago

IndyRealist
09-23-2017, 08:17 PM
warriors were close at 73 wins.(some would say they were clearly good enough to win it all) they didnt trade half their roster but they unloaded half of their rotation to bring in KD

Exception that proves the rule. KD to GSW is an extreme outlier because it could never happen in a normal year.

europagnpilgrim
09-23-2017, 08:19 PM
Bad grammar aside, how about Chris Paul to guard Westbrook and some combination of Trevor Ariza, PJ Tucker and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute to guard George and Melo? That's a pretty solid core of defenders to guard OKC's best offensive weapons. Certainly more than "none."

I was thinking the same, but I figured he was in a fanatical super zone so I just left it alone and let him get his 15 minutes of happy fame

WaDe03
09-23-2017, 08:22 PM

You risk it if you can put that team together. The chemistry obviously isn't that good if they made the moves anyways but let's be honest, thats a sorry excuse for not trading for those guys.

WaDe03
09-23-2017, 08:23 PM
Then any conjecture that he'll suddenly become a team player is without any merit whatsoever. What I wrote is based on projecting how he's played and behaved his entire career.

But he clearly has the skills for it. I swear you all over think things way too much. All 3 of them are going to be good as ****.

IndyRealist
09-23-2017, 08:38 PM
But he clearly has the skills for it. I swear you all over think things way too much. All 3 of them are going to be good as ****.

I said he has the skills for it. He chooses not to play optimally. He -thinks- 20ft contested fadeaways with 18 seconds on the shot clock are GOOD SHOTS.

effen5
09-23-2017, 08:39 PM

Bulls gave up on mcdermott and taj for Cameron Payne

WaDe03
09-23-2017, 08:46 PM
Bulls gave up on mcdermott and taj for Cameron Payne

And they gave up Nurkic and Gary Harris for Doug lmao. Payne isn't even an NBA level player, terrible management.

WaDe03
09-23-2017, 08:47 PM
I said he has the skills for it. He chooses not to play optimally. He -thinks- 20ft contested fadeaways with 18 seconds on the shot clock are GOOD SHOTS.

We'll see, I think that changes in his new role.

Chronz
09-23-2017, 08:48 PM

Cp3 will slip defensively and has always struggled against rwb . Maybe a lessened offensive load counteracts all that tho

TylerSL
09-23-2017, 09:21 PM
I love this move for OKC. Kanter was a bad contract considering they already had Adams and they couldn't start them both. OKC should just go small and run with a starting lineup of Westbrook/Roberson/PG13/Melo/Adams. Not much of a bench but they do have Kyle Singler, Patrick Patterson, and Raymond Felton. Felton pretty much sucks but he can handle the basketball when Westbrook is on the bench.

It's great that OKC has gotten stars to pair with Westbrook. It's amazing to think that the Thunder have pretty much acquired Paul George and Carmelo Anthony for Enes Kanter, Victor Oladipo, Domantas Sabonis, Doug McDermott, and a 2018 2nd round draft pick. They get two All-NBA 20+ ppg scorers, both known for being clutch, for four players who have a total of 0 All-Star game selections and a 2nd round pick. Whatever Sam Presti is doing in negotiations is working. Wow!

Big picture this move probably won't put them over the top. Golden State was already a special team before Durant joined them because of the "Splash Brothers", but now they are just on a whole other level. San Antonio is San Antonio and Kawhi is still somehow underrated. Houston is going move the ball even more with Chris Paul joining up Harden. Minnesota fleeced the Bulls at the draft and now they have teamed Butler with KAT and Wiggins. Memphis is always a tough team and David Fizdale had a great debut season as coach, and don't count the Clippers out of playoff contention with Jerry West working in the front office. The West is going to be great.

Even in the East things look exciting. Yes we all know the outcome is going to be Cleveland again, but that's is because of how great Lebron James is. The whole Kyrie drama makes the Celtics interesting, but after those two teams you have plenty of teams who will be competing. The Wizards, Bucks, Heat, and Raptors all look like playoff teams who will likely be seeds 3-6 in some order. Philadelphia looks to be exciting with Simmons and Fultz starting their careers. The East has some interesting teams and is going to be better than people think.

As usual I'm very excited for the NBA season to begin, but I think this season I'm even more-so. Just 24 more days!

IndyRealist
09-23-2017, 09:21 PM
We'll see, I think that changes in his new role.
Eh.

“The greatest player to ever play this game was a midrange jump shooter in Michael Jordan,” George continued. “At that time no one had nothing to say. It’s about what’s best for that player and what’s the skill set of that player.

Philly Hammer
09-23-2017, 09:51 PM
Knicks got a bunch of trash

MJNetsIsles
09-23-2017, 09:57 PM
they gonna make the fans run out of barclay.

:laugh:

mightybosstone
09-23-2017, 10:56 PM
:laugh: The Knicks wanted Eric Gordon and Trevor Ariza.
https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-rumors-new-york-willing-trade-carmelo-anthony-eric-gordon-trevor-ariza/

Really? You ask for THAT much value and then settle on freaking Enes Kanter and Doug McDermott? I'm sorry, but the Knicks front office is a joke. I'm glad Morey didn't make that deal. That's completely absurd.

GiantsSwaGG
09-23-2017, 11:02 PM
https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-rumors-new-york-willing-trade-carmelo-anthony-eric-gordon-trevor-ariza/

Really? You ask for THAT much value and then settle on freaking Enes Kanter and Doug McDermott? I'm sorry, but the Knicks front office is a joke. I'm glad Morey didn't make that deal. That's completely absurd.

I guess it was a “F You” to Morey and the Rockets. 😂

mightybosstone
09-23-2017, 11:12 PM

This reeks of exactly what the Pacers did with Paul George. They didn't want to deal with the Cavs, and in swoops good ol' Sam Presti with an offer WELL below value. Rather than take a competent offer at the time, they settled for Presti's platter o' crap practically out of spite. This feels oddly similar. Presti must be a hell of a salesman. Remind me to never buy a used car from that guy.

cssdmark
09-23-2017, 11:27 PM
Knicks got a bunch of trash

Not a bunch just a couple pieces of trash

Saddletramp
09-23-2017, 11:43 PM

That's a stupid way to do business. No wonder the Knicks have been lukewarm garbage for so long.

poleandreel
09-23-2017, 11:50 PM

Kanter is better than Gordon

mightybosstone
09-23-2017, 11:50 PM

...said no remotely competent NBA fan ever.

GREATNESS ONE
09-23-2017, 11:54 PM
I hope the Knicks get the first pick in the draft.

GiantsSwaGG
09-24-2017, 12:13 AM
That's a stupid way to do business. No wonder the Knicks have been lukewarm garbage for so long.

Hopefully we’re garbage this year

GiantsSwaGG
09-24-2017, 12:13 AM
This reeks of exactly what the Pacers did with Paul George. They didn't want to deal with the Cavs, and in swoops good ol' Sam Presti with an offer WELL below value. Rather than take a competent offer at the time, they settled for Presti's platter o' crap practically out of spite. This feels oddly similar. Presti must be a hell of a salesman. Remind me to never buy a used car from that guy.

Yeah but Doug and Kanter’s contract >>> Anderson and his

mightybosstone
09-24-2017, 12:17 AM
Yeah but Doug and Kanter’s contract >>> Anderson and his

Agree to disagree. Kanter is pretty much a lock to have two years left on his contract. I'd rather have three years of an overpaid player who is actually a quality starter and can help my team than two years of an overpaid borderline rotational guy who couldn't get minutes on a pretty damn thin playoff roster. Anderson is overpaid, but he's still a decent player. Kanter is overpaid, and he's not.

Basically the Knicks cared more about that one year than they did about whether or not they were actually acquiring a quality asset.

Edit: Next year when you get to see how Kanter plays out in a Knicks jersey and Anderson is still putting up an efficient 14+ points a night with elite 3-point shooting, I'm going to remind you how you preferred having Kanter over Ryno. ;)

kobe4thewinbang
09-24-2017, 12:39 AM
So, people...are the Knicks the big winners on "Biggest Trade Losers" this off-season?

They lost Carmelo Anthony post-Phil Jackson for Doug "Ain't been that great/journeyman" McDermott and Enes "Stuck in Romania" Kanter who OKC has been trying to dump for years.

How do you land Carmelo for basically nothing?

Ooh, a second round draft pick. Surely, Ryan Anderson and someone else would've been better than THAT!

Carmelo's probably happy. Not sure how Paul George/Carmelo/Westbrook will gel, but we'll see! Nice to see him head back west...just such a weird trade. Add it to the list of weird moves this summer.

Sam Presti about to win Exec of the Year!

kobe4thewinbang
09-24-2017, 12:43 AM
Now that I've moved on from the disappointment and the shock of the poo-poo platter the Knicks got for Melo, I'm starting to think about how the fit will work in OKC. On paper? It looks damn good. Melo and George complement each other really well as a forward duo as long as Melo doesn't mind being more of a spot-up shooter and less of an on-the-ball scorer.

But Westbrook is the wildcard in all of this. Is he willing to give up his touches that much? Will his shot selection improve to accommodate two guys who are simply much better at taking perimeter jumpers than he is?

This team might have leapfrogged every other roster in the league as the most fascinating team to watch this season. And with everyone on contracts that could run out at the end of the year, it could turn into either a team with serious long-term potential or a horrible one-year experiment that will leave OKC with nothing. That's one hell of a gamble here by Presti, but it was one worth taking. And if it helps in any way to challenge the Warriors' postseason monopoly, I'm for it.Hey, at least Westbrook has SOMEBODY MORE RELIABLE to pass to than he had last year. OKC's done great at nudging him for that extension. Now he can rack up even more assists to those two guys.

GiantsSwaGG
09-24-2017, 12:48 AM
Agree to disagree. Kanter is pretty much a lock to have two years left on his contract. I'd rather have three years of an overpaid player who is actually a quality starter and can help my team than two years of an overpaid borderline rotational guy who couldn't get minutes on a pretty damn thin playoff roster. Anderson is overpaid, but he's still a decent player. Kanter is overpaid, and he's not.

Basically the Knicks cared more about that one year than they did about whether or not they were actually acquiring a quality asset.

Edit: Next year when you get to see how Kanter plays out in a Knicks jersey and Anderson is still putting up an efficient 14+ points a night with elite 3-point shooting, I'm going to remind you how you preferred having Kanter over Ryno. ;)

Even if he opts in, he’ll be an expiring contract and will be a lot easier to move unlike Anderson. And you’re forgetting we’re trying to tank to land a top 3 pick. This trade helps us in the long run. So if trading for Kanter means drafting a Bagely or Doncic then its a win. Rockets couldn’t move Anderson what so ever. Besides shooting, he offers nothing, his contract is atrocious and his playoffs performance was beyond terrible not to mention his injury history.

It’s not a great trade for us but it’s better than caving in to Morey and his horrible package. For the first time the Knicks screwed the Rockets. You guys had a great shot at the Warriors with Melo at the 4, now if WB, PG & Melo click, you’ll have a hard time getting past them!

Bostonjorge
09-24-2017, 12:49 AM
Melo can be dangerous at the 4. 6’8 with good size and weight. He will be a one on one scoring PF who can stretch the floor and bring the ball up and run the fast break. With a point guard who can average 10 rebounds, Melo won’t need to fill up those stats. Melo gives a lot of scoring help to Okc.

I think they match up good with GS. Throwing George and Roberson at Durant is a Key weapon. Adams was hanging with Green in the hustle plays when Okc had them down 3-1. Westbrook is taking his super team to GS come playoff time.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-24-2017, 12:56 AM
I wish John Paxson/Gar Forman had similar size balls like Presti. Regardless of how it turns out, OKC fans will have something to look forward to this season after last off-season's heartbreak.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

colinskik
09-24-2017, 01:44 AM

That all depends on how injured he is this year. Because you know he's going to be injured eventually. I mean, cmon it's Ryan Anderson.

And it just didn't make sense for us to take on 3 years of his contract, even if he somehow stayed healthy for the duration.

lakers squad
09-24-2017, 02:27 AM
I wish John Paxson/Gar Forman had similar size balls like Presti. Regardless of how it turns out, OKC fans will have something to look forward to this season after last off-season's heartbreak.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yep you have got to hand it to him, He doubled down on keeping westbrook and trying to make a run at the warriors! If all three click this will be one hell of a move, and the lakers might have to settle for LBJ and cousin's now!

Saddletramp
09-24-2017, 03:16 AM

What the........

mrblisterdundee
09-24-2017, 05:19 AM
Oklahoma City now has the second-best third option in the NBA after Klay. Carmelo's continued relevance was always predicated on him playing small-ball power forward, and after waiving his clause for a team with George, it looks like he's willing.

Jamiecballer
09-24-2017, 07:09 AM

i don't think it's that crazy. Kanter is going to average 20 and 10 next year for the Knicks, they will get pretty good value from that so I don't think it absurd at all. but for sure I wouldn't part with Gordon and Ariza for Anthony either, unless it's 2012.

wait, i just realized i said that without any consideration for whether there is room in NY for Kanter to play that much. i don't follow the Knicks at all these days but if he starts that is my take.

ewing
09-24-2017, 08:39 AM
i don't think it's that crazy. Kanter is going to average 20 and 10 next year for the Knicks, they will get pretty good value from that so I don't think it absurd at all. but for sure I wouldn't part with Gordon and Ariza for Anthony either, unless it's 2012.

wait, i just realized i said that without any consideration for whether there is room in NY for Kanter to play that much. i don't follow the Knicks at all these days but if he starts that is my take.

5 is a big question mark for the Knicks. They have 3 guys that have a legit claim on mins plus they want to transition KP to the 5. I hope they sit Noah regardless of contract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-24-2017, 08:47 AM
Hopefully we’re garbage this year

Ya should be top 3 with Hawks and Bulls.

warfelg
09-24-2017, 08:50 AM
5 is a big question mark for the Knicks. They have 3 guys that have a legit claim on mins plus they want to transition KP to the 5. I hope they sit Noah regardless of contract

I would be interested in a KP/Kanter duo playing together. KP's weak side rim protection can help out Kanter's defensive weaknesses.

Any chance that they get through this season with Noah and use the stretch on him after that just to get rid of him.

mightybosstone
09-24-2017, 09:09 AM
That all depends on how injured he is this year. Because you know he's going to be injured eventually. I mean, cmon it's Ryan Anderson.

And it just didn't make sense for us to take on 3 years of his contract, even if he somehow stayed healthy for the duration.

I mean, the guy misses time, but he still plays a good chunk of games every season. He's played in at least 60 games in eight of his nine seasons in the league. I'll take a guy who can guarantee me he'll play 75 percent of the regular season ever year as long as he's healthy for the playoffs.

GiantsSwaGG
09-24-2017, 09:15 AM
Ya should be top 3 with Hawks and Bulls.

Hopefully

mightybosstone
09-24-2017, 09:17 AM

If Kanter is getting enough minutes to average 20 and 10, Knicks fans should be genuinely concerned. They'll pretty much be locks to be bottom 5 in nearly every single defensive statistical category.

As for whether Gordon and Ariza was fair value, I would agree that's a reasonable request if Melo didn't have a no trade clause and had similar years left on his contract to Gordon. But with the no-trade clause in place, there's zero chance the Knicks were ever going to get equal value (as we saw it play out), and because Gordon's contract is so reasonable and he has so many years left, you could make a strong case that he's more valuable right now than Melo is.

ewing
09-24-2017, 09:36 AM
I would be interested in a KP/Kanter duo playing together. KP's weak side rim protection can help out Kanter's defensive weaknesses.

Any chance that they get through this season with Noah and use the stretch on him after that just to get rid of him.

I don't think the Knicks can use the stretch. Wasn't that a one time thing? anyway, its an interesting situation. Knick fans love Willy, Kanter can put up #s, and Noah is getting paid, plus they want KP to be a 5. Someone said it should come down to who fits best next to KP. I agree with this. Gomez is a better defender and I think he allows for a faster pace and more open lane. I think this helps KP. Kanter's ability to put the ball in the hole might over take this though. I honestly know Kanter most by rep so I can't have that strong an opinion.

Eagles4Lyfe
09-24-2017, 10:23 AM

Yes because that championship ring on his finger and more to come are really not good enough for him...
:laugh: the stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.

Vee-Rex
09-24-2017, 10:38 AM
Yes because that championship ring on his finger and more to come are really not good enough for him...
:laugh: the stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.

Doesn't seem like the ring is good enough for him, with the way he has been acting in social media.

He wants respect and self-vindication. The ring alone doesn't bring that. He'll have to come to terms with what he did and not be so overwhelmed by what some fans and trolls think of it.

Dade County
09-24-2017, 10:40 AM
The Powers to be/League has made their move, I think this is cheating because it's obviously they don't want Westbrook to leave OKC so they are helping them out anyway they can.

It's good for their overall business so I can't blame them but from a NBA fan's point of view, I clearly see their blatantly doing things behind the scenes to try to save this OKC Market.

But it's kind of not fair because OKC made the mistake first when they traded Harden, that was the dumbest move ever.

I'm not going to be upset at all if Westbrook still leaves and Paul George signed somewhere else; but it's obviously that the league does not want that.

warfelg
09-24-2017, 10:47 AM
What?!?

Wade n Fade
09-24-2017, 11:23 AM
Melo has to sacrifice the most out of OKC's new Big 3 because he needs to work more off the ball and play more focused on D.

warfelg
09-24-2017, 11:28 AM
Melo has to sacrifice the most out of OKC's new Big 3 because he needs to work more off the ball and play more focused on D.

I think he'll be ok defensively. Offensively I think it will help him out to be a jump shooter. Outside of Team USA Westbrook/PG13/Adams are the 3 best players he's ever played with IMO.

beasted86
09-24-2017, 11:29 AM
I think he'll be ok defensively. Offensively I think it will help him out to be a jump shooter. Outside of Team USA Westbrook/PG13/Adams are the 3 best players he's ever played with IMO.

Best combo of players. Not players overall.

TheDish87
09-24-2017, 12:25 PM
The Powers to be/League has made their move, I think this is cheating because it's obviously they don't want Westbrook to leave OKC so they are helping them out anyway they can.

It's good for their overall business so I can't blame them but from a NBA fan's point of view, I clearly see their blatantly doing things behind the scenes to try to save this OKC Market.

But it's kind of not fair because OKC made the mistake first when they traded Harden, that was the dumbest move ever.

I'm not going to be upset at all if Westbrook still leaves and Paul George signed somewhere else; but it's obviously that the league does not want that.

shut up with your ********

jaydubb
09-24-2017, 12:29 PM
I think he'll be ok defensively. Offensively I think it will help him out to be a jump shooter. Outside of Team USA Westbrook/PG13/Adams are the 3 best players he's ever played with IMO.Eh.. I think Allen Iverson was a pretty good player..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

GodsSon
09-24-2017, 12:34 PM
Eh.. I think Allen Iverson was a pretty good player..

Chauncey as well.

NYKnickFanatic
09-24-2017, 12:43 PM
Olympic Melo is going to be a problem in OKC.

NYKnickFanatic
09-24-2017, 12:44 PM
Chauncey as well.

AI and Billups were good but I don't think they were as good as Westy and PG.

Heediot
09-24-2017, 12:57 PM
AI and Billups were good but I don't think they were as good as Westy and PG.

Billups brought the best out of Melo. Especially in the post season. I think his leadership, clout and ability togalvanize things really helped.

Although I do agree he's not as good an individual player as the other 2.

warfelg
09-24-2017, 01:07 PM
Best combo of players. Not players overall.

When has Melo ever played with a top 5 and a top 15 NBA player ever in his career outside of Team USA and All Star weekend?

warfelg
09-24-2017, 01:07 PM
Eh.. I think Allen Iverson was a pretty good player..

Not at the time they played together.

colinskik
09-24-2017, 01:21 PM
I don't think the Knicks can use the stretch. Wasn't that a one time thing? anyway, its an interesting situation. Knick fans love Willy, Kanter can put up #s, and Noah is getting paid, plus they want KP to be a 5. Someone said it should come down to who fits best next to KP. I agree with this. Gomez is a better defender and I think he allows for a faster pace and more open lane. I think this helps KP. Kanter's ability to put the ball in the hole might over take this though. I honestly know Kanter most by rep so I can't have that strong an opinion.

You're thinking about the Amnesty Clause.

Scoots
09-24-2017, 02:15 PM
BPI ran 10000 NBA season simulations last week and the Warriors made the playoffs in all 10000 simulated season. I wonder what this change does to the rankings/odds.

Hell of a move for OKC. They needed to get rid of Kanter and needed PF help and they got BOTH for a bag of garbage. Amazing.

IndyRealist
09-24-2017, 02:18 PM
There appears to be no limit to number of times you can stretch salary, only that the total salary of waived players in a single future year cannot exceed 15% of the cap. Otherwise you can waive whoever. Interestingly, the salary of a waived player is automatically stretched, it's only the cap hit that may or may not be.
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q65

Jamiecballer
09-24-2017, 02:40 PM
we need a thread now predicting where OKC finishes in the west this season

Vinylman
09-24-2017, 02:49 PM
Thunder setting themselves up great for this year and the future.

if you mean dumping kanter... sure ... if you are talking about the big contracts you are crazy... no way they can resign all three guys ... the repeater tax would put them at 300 million in 18/19

warfelg
09-24-2017, 03:00 PM
if you mean dumping kanter... sure ... if you are talking about the big contracts you are crazy... no way they can resign all three guys ... the repeater tax would put them at 300 million in 18/19

They could resign all. Who's to say Melo would take another max.

I'm thinking if all three walk. They got tons of cap, a tradable asset in Adams, and would be looking at high picks with a smart GM.

Vinylman
09-24-2017, 03:08 PM
I think they all stay. Doubt Melo opts out of his deal. Westy wont leave his 5 year deal on the table long. Also doubt Lakers give away Ball or Ingram to dump Deng or Clarkson. I could be wrong. But I think Lakers are left with the bag of money.

great analysis... ummm no

for OKC to keep all three at the expected price their salaries plus luxury tax will be at $300 million

that team has no money... this is a one year deal unless they all take a ton less.

Vinylman
09-24-2017, 03:20 PM
They could resign all. Who's to say Melo would take another max.

I'm thinking if all three walk. They got tons of cap, a tradable asset in Adams, and would be looking at high picks with a smart GM.

this is a one year deal with the hope by OKC management that it entices Westie to sign the extension... there is no way they can keep all 3 next year... ZERO chance because OKC is one of the poorest franchises financially and they will be in the repeater tax...

Teams like OKC don't want tons of cap... it is worthless ... it is easily one of the least desirable FA destinations in the NBA... Oh... they won't get **** for Adams... he is way overpaid..

Hope they do well this year but barring melo opting out and signing for $7 million a year and PG opting in and westie staying the course ... there is no way to keep them together beyond this year.

As someone else said ... they got rid of oladipo and kanters **** contracts... which in the end will be the upside of these deals

warfelg
09-24-2017, 03:20 PM
I mean they can make it work and not pay that much but you can't see it happening because of homerism, but alright.

Vinylman
09-24-2017, 03:23 PM
I mean they can make it work and not pay that much but you can't see it happening because of homerism, but alright.

what? this has zero to do with the Lakers dude... you just aren't seeing the financial side of this... that team has no money ... the owners are ****ing broke... they aren't Russian oligarchs who can write checks like Brooklyn... their tv revenue is no existent....

I know I am right so their is no point going on about it. believe what you want

warfelg
09-24-2017, 03:30 PM
I see the financial side. They can make it work, just going to take smart moves.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-24-2017, 03:50 PM
great analysis... ummm no

for OKC to keep all three at the expected price their salaries plus luxury tax will be at $300 million

that team has no money... this is a one year deal unless they all take a ton less.

Its not impossible to keep the big3. Hard to discuss this matter until NBA decides on the luxury tax numbers. Estimates are like $124M or $126M in 2018. Waiting for sites to adjust rosters for this trade. Thunder could easily peddle off Roberson or Adams or bench players. Warriors will have to do same thing soon enough. Cavs trimmed payroll in the Irving trade and got more depth out of it.

warfelg
09-24-2017, 03:58 PM
Its not impossible to keep the big3. Hard to discuss this matter until NBA decides on the luxury tax numbers. Estimates are like $124M or $126M in 2018. Waiting for sites to adjust rosters for this trade. Thunder could easily peddle off Roberson or Adams or bench players. Warriors will have to do same thing soon enough. Cavs trimmed payroll in the Irving trade and got more depth out of it.

I think they could get something decent for Adams to make it worth it to them, then sign a C in the way that GSW did. I'm thinking like Charlotte for a pick and bench players. He would do good in Milw. with you guys dependent on how much your owner wanted to spend.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-24-2017, 04:18 PM
I think they could get something decent for Adams to make it worth it to them, then sign a C in the way that GSW did. I'm thinking like Charlotte for a pick and bench players. He would do good in Milw. with you guys dependent on how much your owner wanted to spend.

Hornets got Howard. Bucks got Maker,Monroe,Henson. Bucks had to stretch Hawes to get out from luxury tax.

warfelg
09-24-2017, 04:35 PM
Hornets got Howard. Bucks got Maker,Monroe,Henson. Bucks had to stretch Hawes to get out from luxury tax.

Was talking more next offseason when Howard is gone, Monroe is gone, ect.

TheDish87
09-24-2017, 05:04 PM
Not at the time they played together.

yes he was. melo had the best year of his career next to AI.

warfelg
09-24-2017, 05:31 PM
yes he was. melo had the best year of his career next to AI.

AI wasn't a top 5 NBA player that year.

lakers squad
09-24-2017, 05:37 PM

And let the conspiracy theory's begin, something does seem off about these move's ill give you that!

Vinylman
09-24-2017, 05:40 PM

umm... the numbers for this year go up with Melo coming on board

I am not making this **** up... here is a good article on it... The LT alone will be $143 million

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20793120/new-york-knicks-agree-trade-carmelo-anthony-oklahoma-city-thunder

ewing
09-24-2017, 05:43 PM
You're thinking about the Amnesty Clause.

Thanks how does the stretch work again?

warfelg
09-24-2017, 05:47 PM
Thanks how does the stretch work again?

Total money left is spread out over the next 5 years in cap hits.

NYKnickFanatic
09-24-2017, 05:50 PM
Billups brought the best out of Melo. Especially in the post season. I think his leadership, clout and ability togalvanize things really helped.

Although I do agree he's not as good an individual player as the other 2.

Agreed 100%.

IndyRealist
09-24-2017, 05:50 PM
Total money left is spread out over the next 5 years in cap hits.

It's double the remaining years, plus one.

warfelg
09-24-2017, 05:56 PM
Agreed 100%.

I think what made that work so great: A PG that Melo respected and knew could get him the ball at the right time.

The best of Melo is when he has teammates and ball handlers that he can trust and knows that he can get the ball in the right place. It's why I think Westbrook and PG are going to be two of the best teammates he's ever had. Then again I think too an underrated part of that time was Tyson Chandler being at C and really backing up Melo.

Jamiecballer
09-24-2017, 05:59 PM
Its not impossible to keep the big3. Hard to discuss this matter until NBA decides on the luxury tax numbers. Estimates are like $124M or $126M in 2018. Waiting for sites to adjust rosters for this trade. Thunder could easily peddle off Roberson or Adams or bench players. Warriors will have to do same thing soon enough. Cavs trimmed payroll in the Irving trade and got more depth out of it.Can we not call this a big 3? Sort of cheapens the whole idea. I don't even know what to call this awful combination of chuckers but big 3 it ain't

NYKnickFanatic
09-24-2017, 06:01 PM
I think what made that work so great: A PG that Melo respected and knew could get him the ball at the right time.

The best of Melo is when he has teammates and ball handlers that he can trust and knows that he can get the ball in the right place. It's why I think Westbrook and PG are going to be two of the best teammates he's ever had. Then again I think too an underrated part of that time was Tyson Chandler being at C and really backing up Melo.

Yup, Melo's most successful year with the Knicks, they had Jason Kidd.

warfelg
09-24-2017, 06:04 PM
It's double the remaining years, plus one.

We're kinda both right here.

That's the actual rule, if the Knicks do it for Noah after the 2017-18 season he would have it done over 5 years. Would mean 5 years of a $7.565mil cap hit for them.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-24-2017, 06:21 PM
I can see Wade going there if he is bought out instead of Cleveland. What a fun mess that would look like.

tredigs
09-24-2017, 06:34 PM
Not sure it makes them any better, but certainly more entertaining. At least the Western Conference has teams that try - and that includes the Warriors, who could have given up a long time ago.

lakers squad
09-24-2017, 06:52 PM
Not sure it makes them any better, but certainly more entertaining. At least the Western Conference has teams that try - and that includes the Warriors, who could have given up a long time ago.

Ive allways thought the west has put a better product out than the east as a whole, but it's gotten to the point that every eastern conference team almost is trading their all-stars so they can tank...you would think it would be the west doing this because the warriors are in their conference, and teams from the east don't have to go through them at least...I don't get why the whole east is doing this!

warfelg
09-24-2017, 06:59 PM
I've said it before:
GM's in the east are more petty than GM's in the west. GM's in the west only care about being better, GM's in the east worry about not helping competition.

tredigs
09-24-2017, 07:15 PM
Ive allways thought the west has put a better product out than the east as a whole, but it's gotten to the point that every eastern conference team almost is trading their all-stars so they can tank...you would think it would be the west doing this because the warriors are in their conference, and teams from the east don't have to go through them at least...I don't get why the whole east is doing this!
Just ownership. West happens to have a bunch of elite owners who value winning. The East is a **** show, and that includes Gilbert (a mafia-tied megalomaniac who everyone that I have met that has had contact with the man despises), who happened to luck into Lebron. At least Boston tries.

IKnowHoops
09-24-2017, 09:25 PM
Sorry HOU fans.. I was actually rooting for ya'll and the Cavs to get him because I thought we had nothing to offer. Knicks held out for this crappy trade.. they are pathetic for a franchise. I might move out of NYC just because of this!

😂

Scoots
09-24-2017, 09:53 PM

I don't know that the Warriors are going to start selling off players. I think they fully plan to keep KD, Curry, Klay, Green, Iguodala, and Livingston for the next 3 years. The issue is more likely that they may get hamstrung with the young guys if they get a huge offers. Even then, they might choose to pay. Supposedly OKC lost money last year, the Warriors made a lot of money last year and the owner said he'd happily lose money on the Warriors on the NBA operating income tally sheet to keep winning, and estimates say they will be able to cover almost $300M in payroll without losing money with the move to SF and all the merchandising and sponsorship money they will be making.

warfelg
09-24-2017, 09:55 PM
Frankly, that's an NBA problem to be able to massively overpay a team based on the tax and still make money in the end. If you're going to be paying that much and between the tax and salaries be close to double the next closest teams you should only be able to break even at best.

Scoots
09-24-2017, 10:30 PM
Frankly, that's an NBA problem to be able to massively overpay a team based on the tax and still make money in the end. If you're going to be paying that much and between the tax and salaries be close to double the next closest teams you should only be able to break even at best.

I agree. It's part of the owners getting the players to accept the revenue sharing deal that doesn't include a lot of team related revenue as different from league revenue. Add to that the fact that the Warriors have played more games than anyone else over the last 3 years and they've had more revenue because of the extra games.

poleandreel
09-24-2017, 11:25 PM
...said no remotely competent NBA fan ever.

I could easily prove you wrong with stats but I'm way too lazy to type it all out. Kanter's win shares, ws/48, O rating, efficiency, etc are all miles ahead of Gordon despite Gordon playing in the highest pace offense in the league. Not to mention Kanter is an elite rebounder and great screen setter. Gordon can literally only shoot

Do some research man...

IKnowHoops
09-24-2017, 11:31 PM

I'd rather see teams who go way over the tax make 20mill a year vs the teams that are very conservative making 200mill a year. That way you really can see which owners are going hard for there cities and care about winning, and which owners are "money grabbing dragons with no future plans"

FlashBolt
09-25-2017, 12:52 AM
I'd rather see teams who go way over the tax make 20mill a year vs the teams that are very conservative making 200mill a year. That way you really can see which owners are going hard for there cities and care about winning, and which owners are "money grabbing dragons with no future plans"

Guarantee you that most NBA owners would rather make lots of money than win a championship.. If you told Mark Cuban, rather have $100 million or an NBA championship, you know what his answer will be?

Heediot
09-25-2017, 12:55 AM
Can we not call this a big 3? Sort of cheapens the whole idea. I don't even know what to call this awful combination of chuckers but big 3 it ain't

Gotta wait and see how the chemistry unfolds, you may be surprised at some of these guys ability to sacrifice.

xxplayerxx23
09-25-2017, 03:16 AM
At the end of the day Knicks got what they wanted, KP is the guy, kanter>Anderson not only as a player but 1 less year