PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bogut on 1 yr vets min (partially guaranteed) to Los Angeles Lakers

LaVar Ball
09-19-2017, 02:09 AM
Free agent center Andrew Bogut has agreed to a one-year deal with the Los Angeles Lakers, agent David Bauman of ISE tells The Vertical.

Via Shams Charania on twitter

More-Than-Most
09-19-2017, 02:27 AM
-.-

HandsOnTheWheel
09-19-2017, 03:00 AM
Wonder if he lasts longer than 2 minutes on his new team. Sure didn't fare well for the Cavs :D

Hawkeye15
09-19-2017, 08:55 AM
cool.

Scoots
09-19-2017, 09:35 AM
He could be great for 15 minutes a game.

WaDe03
09-19-2017, 09:45 AM
Getting settled in before the superteam comes next summer.

COOLbeans
09-19-2017, 11:06 AM
He could be great for 15 minutes a game.

wish him the best, but cmon man do you really think this is going to turn out well?

LaVar Ball
09-19-2017, 01:04 PM
Getting settled in before the superteam comes next summer.

Well LeBron signed off on him signing with Cleveland last season before him getting injured the first game.

Also, Bogut wanna play with mah boy!

GREATNESS ONE
09-19-2017, 01:27 PM
This is setting up for a trade

Nance, Zubac, Deng, future 1stRD for Wade and future second

LaVar Ball
09-19-2017, 02:56 PM
This is setting up for a trade

Nance, Zubac, Deng, future 1stRD for Wade and future second

Nance is untouchable IMO.

GREATNESS ONE
09-19-2017, 03:13 PM
Nance is untouchable IMO.

Only untouchables, are Ingram and Ball. Everyone else is expendable, the plan has to be getting a Super-team, team up in LAL.

oak2455
09-19-2017, 03:14 PM
Prepare the parade

LaVar Ball
09-19-2017, 03:20 PM
Prepare the parade

Damn straight!

TrueFan420
09-19-2017, 03:21 PM
I think this is about two things... getting a player that helps Luke bring over the system he's trying to install from GS. And a good lockeroom/vet presence for a young team.

IndyRealist
09-19-2017, 03:59 PM
It's a low risk move. Bogut gets to prove he still belongs in the league, Lakers can cut him if he's damaged, trade him if he's serviceable to a contender for a pick.

The worst thing they could do is hold onto him. With his freak injury history, just because he's fine this year doesn't mean he will be next year.

Tkais9009
09-19-2017, 06:02 PM
I heard the Celtics also wanted him... I wonder why he choose LA if this was the case? BOS seems like a much more ideal landing spot for this coming season

Lakers + Giants
09-19-2017, 07:25 PM
Reportedly chose us over a couple other playoff teams. Plan is to win as many games possible to 1. Attract FAs and 2. Lower the value of our traded 2018 pick.

TrueFan420
09-19-2017, 08:21 PM
I heard the Celtics also wanted him... I wonder why he choose LA if this was the case? BOS seems like a much more ideal landing spot for this coming season

Could be his relationship with Luke Walton. Could be if he's healthy he will have a lager role with the Lakers than he likely would with a contender (plus he's already got a ring). Could be he wants to move back to California.

COOLbeans
09-19-2017, 08:52 PM

Cold weather won't be good for eventual recovery

Vinylman
09-20-2017, 06:43 AM

shorter flight down under for him and extended family

ewing
09-20-2017, 07:30 AM
Super team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoots
09-20-2017, 08:25 AM
wish him the best, but cmon man do you really think this is going to turn out well?

No, but that's why I said "could".

Tkais9009
09-20-2017, 01:14 PM
Could be his relationship with Luke Walton. Could be if he's healthy he will have a lager role with the Lakers than he likely would with a contender (plus he's already got a ring). Could be he wants to move back to California.

Cold weather won't be good for eventual recovery

shorter flight down under for him and extended family

i suppose these all make sense haha

JasonJohnHorn
09-20-2017, 03:47 PM
This is odd, but at the same time makes sense.

I was expecting Bogut to go to a contender, and was really hoping to see him back in GSW, but for some reason, it seems like nobody is paying him any interested from their camp (which is odd because were he not injured in the finals, they'd have three-peated and LBJ would have been able to talk the front office into trading Kyrie for CP3).

I thought Boston would be a good fit. Cleveland (though, again, they didn't seem to pay him any mind), and the Spurs. Hell... I figured the Rockets would make a strong run at him once they got CP3.

But with Walton in LAL, I think that choice does make sense.

The only thing that seems odd to me is the 'partially guaranteed'. It seems like he could have gotten a bigger, fully guaranteed contract from somebody.

I think a lot of teams missed out on a great addition that really could have helped them in the post season.

D Blue987
09-20-2017, 04:35 PM
Only untouchables, are Ingram and Ball. Everyone else is expendable, the plan has to be getting a Super-team, team up in LAL.

Yup. They will have to dump Deng somehow to complete the trifecta of Westbrook, Lebron, and PG13 which would be ridiculous. Lots of things need to fall into place before that happens though.

WaDe03
09-20-2017, 05:34 PM
I heard Lopez has an injured back and is out for the preseason.

Scoots
09-21-2017, 08:57 AM
I heard Lopez has an injured back and is out for the preseason.

Not sure Bogut is healthy yet either.

I'm not sure he really cares about playing in the NBA anymore. My guess is it's Walton that got him there.

McAllen Tx
09-21-2017, 12:48 PM
Reportedly chose us over a couple other playoff teams. Plan is to win as many games possible to 1. Attract FAs and 2. Lower the value of our traded 2018 pick.

Reportedly? Can you please post the link to where a Lakers affiliate said this and it's just not some assumption from some newspaper columnist.

Cause I really doubt the Lakers FO would sign a player or make a trade with next years traded away pick in mind. I would hope any move they make is with the teams best interest in mind, not something that they don't have anymore.

Me personally think this signing was to have a trade chip later. Not necessarily Bogut but maybe instead Lopez.

I really think Lopez is a 1 year rental. Lakers are gonna have to renounce his cap hold in order to have the $ to go after 2 max FAs. In doing so they give up his bird rights. They will have no $ left to give him unless he takes MLE or something close to it. At his age his next contract will be his last one to cash in so I doubt he sticks around.