PDA

View Full Version : All along, the cryptic tweets from LeBron was regarding Kyrie

FlashBolt
09-19-2017, 12:26 AM
Thinking about it, we all assumed it was Kevin Love but this entire debacle the past summer has made it steer to the fact that it was actually directed towards Kyrie. If you guys watched First Take

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHiHhPFQHzc

Kyrie was just all weird and seemed to be the odd one out on the team. In reality, now that I think about it, Kevin Love's issues with the Cavs were pretty much media-created whereas Kyrie legitimately had an issue with them.

Btw, I think the Cavs have some good news regarding IT tomorrow at 10 am considering their GM has a "huge announcement."

But I guess this thread is, do you think the cryptic messages from LeBron was actually targeted towards Kyrie?

More-Than-Most
09-19-2017, 12:55 AM
What this honestly just showed... Is Max kellerman gives no ****s... He keeps it real 100 percent of the time... Love me some Steven A but he tucked his nuts deeply inside of him and worried more about what kyrie thinks of him over actually doing his job. Max... good **** man

LaVar Ball
09-19-2017, 12:59 AM
Max Kellerman > Skip Bayless > Stephen A. Smith

Stephen A. is a pansy. Max is as real as it gets. Kyrie, you just got owned son.

More-Than-Most
09-19-2017, 01:02 AM
yea I honestly thought max might back track... he took 2 steps forward and said this is what i believe and this is what i think and this is what the facts tell us... and all kyrie did was dodge while steven A acted like kyries mother

Sssmush
09-19-2017, 04:35 AM
I am a big admirer of Kyrie's game, and I thought he was maybe MVP for the Cavs last two Finals...

that being said, that interview with him today with Max and Stephen A was weird weird weird.

I give both guys credit, even though they were trying to be tactful etc. Max took one approach, Stephen A tried to sweet talk it a bit but use gentle persistence.

But yeah... Kyrie just came across as that dude that is problematic, stirs up politics or trouble or a problem or whatever, but then is just totally unreachable and toxic.

Like Max would just say "are you mad at Lebron?" or whatever and Kyrie just WON'T ANSWER THE QUESTION he is so evasive like "well what does it mean to say there is a question" and "there are so many teammates" etc etc.

But the fact he can't just say "NO" is totally weird. The fact he won't acknowledge anything, any situation, any feelings, any reasons, is just so toxic. Like there is just no way to talk to someone about the problem if they are such a dick they won't even share that there is a problem. Just supremely passive aggressive and gotta be one of the weirdest interviews I've ever listened to in sports history. To top it off when Max pressed him the third or fourth time Kyrie actually started to get vaguely threatening.

Just weird. And ironically he is a very articulate dude but what the **** is that dudes problem and what ****ing Donald Trump bridge troll is his PR coach. Seriously much better that he didn't even give that interview. All this speculation all summer and then he rolls out and gives that weird toxic passive aggressive interview.

Unless he is trying to guarantee that the (new) Kyrie vs Lebron feud is all anybody talks about for the next two years in which case it was a fantastic strategy

warfelg
09-19-2017, 07:26 AM
That's painful to watch. Can we just admit Kyrie is not the brightest of guys at all?

hugepatsfan
09-19-2017, 07:40 AM
Most of us think Lebron is unlikable and I really think it's as simple as Kyrie feeling the same way. Think about what it's like as a player when your "leader" likes to play both sides of the fence and speculate that you as his teammates aren't worth of him staying. He's said over and over again he just wants to be in a good team environment and that'd make him happy.

He interview was painfully weird because Kyrie himself is and on top of it he didn't want to come out and diss Lebron. Playing with Lebron gives the best shot to win but it also seems pretty miserable on a personal level. It's not selfish to rather play away from a guy/environment you don't like.

CELTICS4LYFE
09-19-2017, 08:05 AM
You could clearly tell he was tired of the Lebron circus, everything always about Lebron not the team.

R. Johnson#3
09-19-2017, 08:30 AM
Max went hard! That's journalism!

warfelg
09-19-2017, 08:50 AM
I would give Kyrie the advice a PR person once game me:
Answer it once, answer it strong, answer with conviction. If you do that and someone asks you the same thing you can tell them "I already spoke my piece." Then the questions die out faster than if you don't answer.

JasonJohnHorn
09-19-2017, 09:23 AM
I am a big admirer of Kyrie's game, and I thought he was maybe MVP for the Cavs last two Finals...

that being said, that interview with him today with Max and Stephen A was weird weird weird.

I give both guys credit, even though they were trying to be tactful etc. Max took one approach, Stephen A tried to sweet talk it a bit but use gentle persistence.

But yeah... Kyrie just came across as that dude that is problematic, stirs up politics or trouble or a problem or whatever, but then is just totally unreachable and toxic.

Like Max would just say "are you mad at Lebron?" or whatever and Kyrie just WON'T ANSWER THE QUESTION he is so evasive like "well what does it mean to say there is a question" and "there are so many teammates" etc etc.

But the fact he can't just say "NO" is totally weird. The fact he won't acknowledge anything, any situation, any feelings, any reasons, is just so toxic. Like there is just no way to talk to someone about the problem if they are such a dick they won't even share that there is a problem. Just supremely passive aggressive and gotta be one of the weirdest interviews I've ever listened to in sports history. To top it off when Max pressed him the third or fourth time Kyrie actually started to get vaguely threatening.

Just weird. And ironically he is a very articulate dude but what the **** is that dudes problem and what ****ing Donald Trump bridge troll is his PR coach. Seriously much better that he didn't even give that interview. All this speculation all summer and then he rolls out and gives that weird toxic passive aggressive interview.

Unless he is trying to guarantee that the (new) Kyrie vs Lebron feud is all anybody talks about for the next two years in which case it was a fantastic strategy

I would agree to this refusal to answer questions being toxic in certain environments.

For example: he's on the Cavs and there is a problem, clearly, and he refuses to talk about. That is toxic.

In this context, it seems more respectful of mindful. "Hey, what's your private business with your former teammate." "Not answering that."

Maybe he's just being evasive, maybe he just doesn't think it is their business.

I've had falling outs with close friends who I still cared about; people outside of our friendship would ask "Hey... what's going on with you and so and so. You don't hang out." I'd be like "Nothing. We are just both busy. He's got his things going on and I got mine." Gossip at work/school, ect. People want a story.

Journalists are supposed to ask questions. People don't have to answer them.

That said, I do think Kyrie is toxic for other reasons. I mean... he wants to be the man? LBJ recognized that, and Kyrie potential, and let Kyrie take the most shots. Kyrie just didn't make as many. Who's fault is that? That's not enough for Kyrie?

He seems entitled, unaware of his own good fortune, and unaware of his limitations. I'm an outsider saying that, so I may be way off base. That said... he seems to want the baton to be handed to him, but you want the glory, it doesn't get handed to you: you take it. You earn it.

On the court, the Cavs gave him more shots than LBJ; he didn't convert as many. He's upset he's not the man.

Off the court, he wants people to listen to him, to be a voice. Then he goes around saying $#!t like "The Earth is flat" and then blames playing in LBJ's shadow for the fact that people don't listen to him. He's an idiot.

LBJ, Curry, KD. These guys talk, and the media listens. It doesn't matter if Kyrie is on the same team or in the other conference, the media is always going to be more interested in what LBJ has to say than Kyrie.

Vee-Rex
09-19-2017, 09:27 AM
Btw, I think the Cavs have some good news regarding IT tomorrow at 10 am considering their GM has a "huge announcement."

Where are you hearing/seeing this?

JasonJohnHorn
09-19-2017, 09:31 AM
When you hear him say he's talking to Kobe... it seems like Kobe might be trying to impede LBJ from winning more and chasing Kobe's ring conty ;-)

So Machiavellian. Still trying to stay on top of LeBron.

Vinylman
09-19-2017, 10:11 AM
The read on kyrie is pretty simple...

1. He really doesn't like playing with Lebron... doesn't mean he dislikes playing with Lebron...
2. He feels his contributions to the chip are minimalized... can you blame him
3. He really doesn't want to play in Cleveland long term
4. He knows Lebron is leaving so he might as well go first so all the noise will be on LBJ leaving next summer.

Kyrie did the smart thing getting out and getting to a franchise like the Celtics... will he end up being the guy there? who knows? will he probably like playing with that group more?... maybe ...

bottom line... he gets a fresh start out from under LBJ's spotlight

hugepatsfan
09-19-2017, 10:17 AM
I don't get the vibe he wanted out of Lebron's "spotlight". He wanted out of his narcissism and the environment of the whole team trying to prove himself to the best player. He just wants to just be in a TEAM environment.

Vinylman
09-19-2017, 10:45 AM
I don't get the vibe he wanted out of Lebron's "spotlight". He wanted out of his narcissism and the environment of the whole team trying to prove himself to the best player. He just wants to just be in a TEAM environment.

that is the LBJ spotlight... I was being kind :D

Chronz
09-19-2017, 12:36 PM
Disney took the vid down. Anyways, never liked kyries game but I love his personality

Chronz
09-19-2017, 12:42 PM
When you hear him say he's talking to Kobe... it seems like Kobe might be trying to impede LBJ from winning more and chasing Kobe's ring conty ;-)

When he kept saying he was being professional about not honoring his contract, all I could picture was he and Kobe practicing those talking points

GREATNESS ONE
09-19-2017, 12:59 PM
That's painful to watch. Can we just admit Kyrie is not the brightest of guys at all?

Lol I think we figured that out when he said he thinks the world is flat. :laugh2:

Sssmush
09-19-2017, 03:27 PM
The read on kyrie is pretty simple...

1. He really doesn't like playing with Lebron... doesn't mean he dislikes playing with Lebron...
2. He feels his contributions to the chip are minimalized... can you blame him
3. He really doesn't want to play in Cleveland long term
4. He knows Lebron is leaving so he might as well go first so all the noise will be on LBJ leaving next summer.

Kyrie did the smart thing getting out and getting to a franchise like the Celtics... will he end up being the guy there? who knows? will he probably like playing with that group more?... maybe ...

bottom line... he gets a fresh start out from under LBJ's spotlight

That is some for real Kyrie logic right there

Sssmush
09-19-2017, 03:33 PM
I would agree to this refusal to answer questions being toxic in certain environments.

For example: he's on the Cavs and there is a problem, clearly, and he refuses to talk about. That is toxic.

In this context, it seems more respectful of mindful. "Hey, what's your private business with your former teammate." "Not answering that."

Maybe he's just being evasive, maybe he just doesn't think it is their business.

I've had falling outs with close friends who I still cared about; people outside of our friendship would ask "Hey... what's going on with you and so and so. You don't hang out." I'd be like "Nothing. We are just both busy. He's got his things going on and I got mine." Gossip at work/school, ect. People want a story.

Journalists are supposed to ask questions. People don't have to answer them.

That said, I do think Kyrie is toxic for other reasons. I mean... he wants to be the man? LBJ recognized that, and Kyrie potential, and let Kyrie take the most shots. Kyrie just didn't make as many. Who's fault is that? That's not enough for Kyrie?

He seems entitled, unaware of his own good fortune, and unaware of his limitations. I'm an outsider saying that, so I may be way off base. That said... he seems to want the baton to be handed to him, but you want the glory, it doesn't get handed to you: you take it. You earn it.

On the court, the Cavs gave him more shots than LBJ; he didn't convert as many. He's upset he's not the man.

Off the court, he wants people to listen to him, to be a voice. Then he goes around saying $#!t like "The Earth is flat" and then blames playing in LBJ's shadow for the fact that people don't listen to him. He's an idiot.

LBJ, Curry, KD. These guys talk, and the media listens. It doesn't matter if Kyrie is on the same team or in the other conference, the media is always going to be more interested in what LBJ has to say than Kyrie.

What makes it especially toxic is that he wont acknowledge or rationalize anything or add any context, yet at the same time seems genuinely angry and refuses to deny or defuse any of the rumours or stories. And has an immediately confrontational vibe with the journalists who are being super nice to him.

It's like if someone hated you and you dont want it to become a bad revenge situation. But when you try to talk it out they wont say there is any problem and are really evasive, but at the same time they wont say theres no problem or you could make peace and they are difficult to talk too. Toxic

Sssmush
09-19-2017, 03:38 PM

Thats an amazing point. Kobe's angry little face whispering in Kyrie's ear like "**** that Lebron dude, he doesnt respect you, you need to be your own man with your own team" haha probably actually true

LaVar Ball
09-19-2017, 03:43 PM
Thats an amazing point. Kobe's angry little face whispering in Kyrie's ear like "**** that Lebron dude, he doesnt respect you, you need to be your own man with your own team" haha probably actually true

Kobe tried to conspire and break up Westbrook and Durant during the 2012 Olympics. So I believe it.

Chronz
09-19-2017, 04:07 PM
Kobe tried to conspire and break up Westbrook and Durant during the 2012 Olympics. So I believe it.

Link

NetsPaint
09-19-2017, 05:25 PM
Maybe Kyrie doesn't care about not letting LeBron know he was leaving because LeBron did it to the Cavs once before, and on national television, and left the Heat when his last season there didn't result in a championship despite still being in the Finals.

Some posters in here might have it right with the toxic environment might have been caused by LeBron. LeBron gets so much done for him, and still took it to the media when things don't go right for him this past season from what I remember. LeBron comes off as if he'd go to the GM and tell him to trade one of his teammates without a care as long as he thinks it'd improve the team. Players might not feel comfortable with GMs trying to trade them, but one of your teammates? If that's true, it's completely understandable that Kyrie wanted out.

aman_13
09-19-2017, 05:45 PM
Is there anywhere i can get the full interview?

More-Than-Most
09-19-2017, 06:01 PM
Maybe Kyrie doesn't care about not letting LeBron know he was leaving because LeBron did it to the Cavs once before, and on national television, and left the Heat when his last season there didn't result in a championship despite still being in the Finals.

Some posters in here might have it right with the toxic environment might have been caused by LeBron. LeBron gets so much done for him, and still took it to the media when things don't go right for him this past season from what I remember. LeBron comes off as if he'd go to the GM and tell him to trade one of his teammates without a care as long as he thinks it'd improve the team. Players might not feel comfortable with GMs trying to trade them, but one of your teammates? If that's true, it's completely understandable that Kyrie wanted out.

Love the logic... Let me ask you something... Who was a free agent and who was under contract with their team? Who was said leader of the team that carried the Load and who was the Robin? Out of respect he should have at least gave Lebron a heads up.

FlashBolt
09-19-2017, 06:08 PM
Is there anywhere i can get the full interview?

Yeah, youtube it. Lots of clips.. should be everywhere by now.

aman_13
09-19-2017, 06:08 PM
From what I heard, it just sounds like he disliked the environment he was in and wanted to play some where he could maximize his skill set.

What confuses people is when he says it has nothing to do with LeBron, when everything about Cleveland is about LeBron.

aman_13
09-19-2017, 06:11 PM
Yeah, youtube it. Lots of clips.. should be everywhere by now.

I'm only seeing excerpts though.

FlashBolt
09-19-2017, 06:18 PM
I'm only seeing excerpts though.

If you have ESPN First Take on your podcast, it should be there.

aman_13
09-19-2017, 06:30 PM

Oh yeah. I will try that. Thanks.

Vinylman
09-19-2017, 07:20 PM
That is some for real Kyrie logic right there

why am I not surprised that nuance is missed by the smushster...

I will give you credit though ... I didn't have to wade through 5 paragraphs of nonsense like usual

thanks for being succinct :hi5:

Sssmush
09-19-2017, 08:50 PM

Sure that's fine, but why can't Kyrie just acknowledge that on some level if it's true? Or just say no it's something different. End of story.

I nean Kyrie wont even acknowledge there was any actual reason, if you listened long enough you might believe he never asked for a trade and they are all just dudes practicing their craft, and that breaking up a Cavs dynasty is just not even something worth talking about.

Face it he went from zero to a-hole in two seconds, from Finals cameraderie and loyalty to huge league changing trade ultimatum, with no explanation whatsoever. Like "why did you leave the company sir?" : "F you no comment. Go ahead ask me again I dare you. You understand nothing."

Uhhhhh, hello

Sssmush
09-19-2017, 08:52 PM

Top ten podcast in the world

Raps08-09 Champ
09-19-2017, 09:08 PM
I think at the time it was still Kevin.

hugepatsfan
09-19-2017, 09:30 PM
The fact that we're even discussing who Lebron's cryptic sub tweets we're at is probably part of why Kyrie wanted out lol

Raps08-09 Champ
09-19-2017, 09:32 PM
Well as long as he admits it and doesn't give another reason like KD then I don't really have a problem (outside of demanding a trade).

FlashBolt
09-19-2017, 10:34 PM
Podcast is at 31:00 for Kyrie. I think it has everything but be warned, it's just him mumbling and avoiding questions while thinking he's Socrates..

More-Than-Most
09-20-2017, 12:33 AM
Well as long as he admits it and doesn't give another reason like KD then I don't really have a problem (outside of demanding a trade).

nobody should have issues with Kyrie wanting out... I am sure Lebron is even alright with it... Lebron is the best player in the world and probably only 2nd to Jordan... Nobody can be the guy on a team with him... Nobody will get the credit being on a team with him but its a 2 way street... Nobody gets the blame either... Lebron has made life easy for guys like Durant/CP3 etc etc etc because Lebron is the most scrutinized athlete ever and kyrie did what was best for him if he truly believes he is a top player in basketball... That being said he will no longer have lebron as the fall guy... If the celtics lose its going to be because of kyrie even if its not his fault because he is now the guy.... I think kyrie is probably 20-30 in all of basketball but clearly the better option over someone like IT... He has size and can play defense if he actually tries... Kyrie isnt a big upgrade over IT but he is the safer choice.

Lebron isnt staying... Kyrie cant be the guy with or without lebron... Its smart for him to go elsewhere and even smarter for him to go to a team that can cover up for his weaknesses. The celtics are still a good team and gaining kyrie is the smart play If but not at the expense of crowder/bradley/first round pick.... They wont be able to cover up for Kyrie iike they did IT and kyrie is now THE GUY so he is going to be targeted... This is either going to be a great move or one of the worst moves but there wont be any in between.

More-Than-Most
09-20-2017, 12:34 AM
Again I have no issues with the kyrie move... He lacks defense/and is a top 20-30 player and quite honestly not the smartest person out there lol. He did whats best for him but looks like a pus in the interview flat out scared to answer... Just come out and say I wanted to be the guy... I think I am good enough to be the guy and that is all there is to it and move on.

FlashBolt
09-20-2017, 12:45 AM
The thing is, Kyrie has no idea how good he has it in Cleveland. The guy is injury prone and with LeBron there, Kyrie was able to take plays off and not have to worry as much about carrying the load. He's going to realize that very soon.

More-Than-Most
09-20-2017, 01:43 AM
The thing is, Kyrie has no idea how good he has it in Cleveland. The guy is injury prone and with LeBron there, Kyrie was able to take plays off and not have to worry as much about carrying the load. He's going to realize that very soon.

yup... The second its starts to crumble the wheels will just flat out fall a part... Lebron takes all the pressure off of everyone with both his play and his name... If the celtics dont win the east kyrie will get squashed esp with the celtics talent that they have around him. I am still not a fan of this celtics team... I said it in the sixers forum i feel as though they got worse. Horford is another year older... Kyrie is a slight upgrade over IT and then they have Hayward who is very good but also lacks defense.... If brown and tatum dont come up big I think this team isnt even a top 3 seed let alone fighting for the one seed because defense does in fact matter and they got much worse defensively... I said all along I would have gone for someone like a Noel etc.

YAALREADYKNO
09-20-2017, 05:13 AM
Max was still goin in on Kyrie saying he might not be that smart because of the earth is flat comment lol

hugepatsfan
09-20-2017, 11:33 AM
Putting aside the sensationalism I thought, as a Celtics fan, it was great to hear him say he wanted to expand his game and a complete PG. That bodes really well for him buying in to Stevens' system. IT came in during the middle of his age 25 season (Kyrie is going into his) and made huge strides expanding his game as a PG. Marcus Smart isn't great on offense by any stretch but his playmaking and "PG skillz" have definitely made strides. Rozier saw a lot of improvement from year 1 to year 2. Way back in his first year Jordan Crawford revived his NBA career by excelling as a PG for Stevens. If Kyrie is serious about expanding that part of his game he's in a terrific situation to do so. He's been on the major radar for a while but at 25 he's far from a finished product and if he buys into improving he can become a lot better than he is right now IMO.

FlashBolt
09-20-2017, 06:16 PM
Putting aside the sensationalism I thought, as a Celtics fan, it was great to hear him say he wanted to expand his game and a complete PG. That bodes really well for him buying in to Stevens' system. IT came in during the middle of his age 25 season (Kyrie is going into his) and made huge strides expanding his game as a PG. Marcus Smart isn't great on offense by any stretch but his playmaking and "PG skillz" have definitely made strides. Rozier saw a lot of improvement from year 1 to year 2. Way back in his first year Jordan Crawford revived his NBA career by excelling as a PG for Stevens. If Kyrie is serious about expanding that part of his game he's in a terrific situation to do so. He's been on the major radar for a while but at 25 he's far from a finished product and if he buys into improving he can become a lot better than he is right now IMO.

The only way he can get better right now is to become a better defender and get others involved. His offensive game is already at his peak. I can't imagine him getting any better because it's already at an extremely high level. But his other areas of the game is poor and quite frankly, I don't see Kyrie being able to improve those areas.

Raps08-09 Champ
09-20-2017, 07:48 PM
nobody should have issues with Kyrie wanting out... I am sure Lebron is even alright with it... Lebron is the best player in the world and probably only 2nd to Jordan... Nobody can be the guy on a team with him... Nobody will get the credit being on a team with him but its a 2 way street... Nobody gets the blame either... Lebron has made life easy for guys like Durant/CP3 etc etc etc because Lebron is the most scrutinized athlete ever and kyrie did what was best for him if he truly believes he is a top player in basketball... That being said he will no longer have lebron as the fall guy... If the celtics lose its going to be because of kyrie even if its not his fault because he is now the guy.... I think kyrie is probably 20-30 in all of basketball but clearly the better option over someone like IT... He has size and can play defense if he actually tries... Kyrie isnt a big upgrade over IT but he is the safer choice.

Lebron isnt staying... Kyrie cant be the guy with or without lebron... Its smart for him to go elsewhere and even smarter for him to go to a team that can cover up for his weaknesses. The celtics are still a good team and gaining kyrie is the smart play If but not at the expense of crowder/bradley/first round pick.... They wont be able to cover up for Kyrie iike they did IT and kyrie is now THE GUY so he is going to be targeted... This is either going to be a great move or one of the worst moves but there wont be any in between.

I don't have a problem with a guy wanting out but I have a problem with people asking for trades. You signed a contract for X number of years. Go honour it. That's the life you chose.

If he left during FA and told all the real reasons why he left, I wouldn't have a problem.

FlashBolt
09-20-2017, 08:57 PM
I don't have a problem with a guy wanting out but I have a problem with people asking for trades. You signed a contract for X number of years. Go honour it. That's the life you chose.

If he left during FA and told all the real reasons why he left, I wouldn't have a problem.

He signed a contract while being told he was going to be the new leader of the team, though. This was before LeBron got there. I mean, he felt deceived and saw LeBron possibly leaving while the team focused on selecting players who LeBron wanted there so it's 100% possible Kyrie would leave because of that. No one should fault the guy for creating competition, though. I like it. Awesome storylines coming to this season and Boston vs CLE is on top of that list.

Raps08-09 Champ
09-20-2017, 09:18 PM
He signed a contract while being told he was going to be the new leader of the team, though. This was before LeBron got there. I mean, he felt deceived and saw LeBron possibly leaving while the team focused on selecting players who LeBron wanted there so it's 100% possible Kyrie would leave because of that. No one should fault the guy for creating competition, though. I like it. Awesome storylines coming to this season and Boston vs CLE is on top of that list.

That's as much on him for believing in pinky promises, especially from a guy like Gilbert. The NBA is a business. Players can't want these multi million contracts but act based on emotion instead of business when things aren't in their control. Don't sign a contract but get mad you didn't hedge for any of the negatives that may occur during the duration of a contract. If you wanted to have the ball in your hands then take less money and leave during FA.

hugepatsfan
09-20-2017, 10:25 PM
If I'm a team I'd want a guy to demand a trade if he wanted out rather than just walk. If he's not happy he's not happy. Ideally they keep it quiet so you get good value rather than being desperate. Apparently Kyrie tried to keep it quiet too. I don't think CLE can have any issues with how he handled his situation.

Raps08-09 Champ
09-20-2017, 10:41 PM
I think there's still a difference with informing a team about your intentions/plans and demanding a trade. I'm going with the assumption he demanded a trade.

L8kers4life
09-21-2017, 01:03 AM

Doesn't quite make sense since Isaiah Thomas is one of the main guys Kobe mentors as well.

Vinylman
09-21-2017, 08:58 AM

he is damned if the does or damned if he doesn't ask... If all he did was go to mgmt. privately (which it appears he did) and explain to them that he wanted to be traded because he was planning on opting out of his deal when he could then I have no problem with it ....

It helps both him and the team in the long run.

Vinylman
09-21-2017, 08:59 AM
If I'm a team I'd want a guy to demand a trade if he wanted out rather than just walk. If he's not happy he's not happy. Ideally they keep it quiet so you get good value rather than being desperate. Apparently Kyrie tried to keep it quiet too. I don't think CLE can have any issues with how he handled his situation.

+1

Raps08-09 Champ
09-21-2017, 08:24 PM
he is damned if the does or damned if he doesn't ask... If all he did was go to mgmt. privately (which it appears he did) and explain to them that he wanted to be traded because he was planning on opting out of his deal when he could then I have no problem with it ....

It helps both him and the team in the long run.

Some reports say he demanded a trade, which is different than if he told management of his intentions.

If he demanded a trade and it just so happen to work out for both sides, it doesn't suddenly make it okay if he demanded with the intention of not honoring his side of the bargain. If he told management of his intentions to leave and management decided to trade him, then that's a separate topic. I'm jsut assuming here that he did demand a trade.

Vinylman
09-22-2017, 07:46 AM
Some reports say he demanded a trade, which is different than if he told management of his intentions.

If he demanded a trade and it just so happen to work out for both sides, it doesn't suddenly make it okay if he demanded with the intention of not honoring his side of the bargain. If he told management of his intentions to leave and management decided to trade him, then that's a separate topic. I'm jsut assuming here that he did demand a trade.

relying on media reports for context and nuance is futile... I take him at his word and it hasn't been countered at this point by Cleveland management so I don't see an issue...

JasonJohnHorn
09-24-2017, 03:53 PM
I feel bad for LBJ. People have been complaining about his cryptic tweets, so then he writes a tweet that is about as overt as you can get, and now people are complaining even more.

WTF?

Raps08-09 Champ
09-24-2017, 06:09 PM
relying on media reports for context and nuance is futile... I take him at his word and it hasn't been countered at this point by Cleveland management so I don't see an issue...

And that's fine.

I'm just saying that if he did demand a trade, I would have 1 stance and if he just told them of their intentions, I would have a different stance.