PDA

View Full Version : Lavar ball predicts lakers to win 50+ games in 2017-2018. Do you agree?

JOSKOMANG4
09-13-2017, 01:21 PM
Watching Stephen A. Smith's reaction on ESPN's first take made laugh initially, but when you look at that roster.. it's promising. Their only downfall is that they play in the Western Conference.

Lineup:

C: Lopez/ Zubac/Bryant/Zimmerman
PF: Randle/Nance
SF: Ingram/Deng/Kuzma
SG: KCP/Brewer/Hart
PG: Ball/Clarkson/Ennis

IMO, they can still make a few tweaks to the roster. They could try and unload Luol Deng's contract to a team by adding Julius Randle to the trade.

But again, the West is stacked & loaded this season.

1- Warriors 67+
2- Thunder 58+
3- Rockets 55+
4- Spurs 52+
5- Wolves 48+
6- Blazers 45+
7- Nuggets 42+
8- Pelicans 41+
9- Clippers 39+
10- Jazz 37+
11- Suns 32+
12- Lakers 30+
13- Mavericks 28+
14- Grizzles 24+
15- Kings 20+

I have Lakers going 30-52 AT LEAST.

Hawkeye15
09-13-2017, 01:23 PM
they should be happy with 32-34 wins.

hugepatsfan
09-13-2017, 01:29 PM
no

IndyRealist
09-13-2017, 01:38 PM
He's a serial braggart. He says so many stupid, outrageous things that no one pays attention when he's wrong, but he can hang his hat on the one time he was right.

I think 32 wins is reasonable if Ball is NBA ready. But Ingram was bad last year, Randle was bad, Lopez was average, KCP was average, Clarkson was average. Nance should be getting almost 1000 more minutes than he had, but he won't. A 6 win improvement over Russell and Young isn't unreasonable.

Scoots
09-13-2017, 01:38 PM
no

+1

WaDe03
09-13-2017, 02:04 PM
30-35 wins.

MJNetsIsles
09-13-2017, 03:27 PM
Hell no

More-Than-Most
09-13-2017, 03:49 PM
He's a serial braggart. He says so many stupid, outrageous things that no one pays attention when he's wrong, but he can hang his hat on the one time he was right.

I think 32 wins is reasonable if Ball is NBA ready. But Ingram was bad last year, Randle was bad, Lopez was average, KCP was average, Clarkson was average. Nance should be getting almost 1000 more minutes than he had, but he won't. A 6 win improvement over Russell and Young isn't unreasonable.

He is stealing my personality : (

GREATNESS ONE
09-13-2017, 04:27 PM
Yes.

Jeffy25
09-13-2017, 04:55 PM
they should be happy with 32-34 wins.

This.

valade16
09-13-2017, 05:29 PM
If he meant the 2017 and 2018 seasons, yeah over both they should get 50 wins.

mrblisterdundee
09-13-2017, 05:33 PM
Stop falling victim to the hype man.

GREATNESS ONE
09-13-2017, 08:54 PM
Stop falling victim to the hype man.

Exactly, people sheep their ways to opinions, that's why surprises happen. Lakers may not win 50 but they will get the 8th seed and over 40wins.

bklynny67
09-13-2017, 08:58 PM
50+ losses sounds more accurate. I hope Ball is a major bust for the sole purpose of his dad being an obnoxious ******* and wanting to hear his excuses when his son sucks.

Jamiecballer
09-13-2017, 10:45 PM
I think 41 wins is not out of the realm of possibility. Personnel is better and ball will be something else imo.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

LA4life24/8
09-13-2017, 10:51 PM
Very unlikely.... i think anything over 35 wins will be a huuuge win for them next season

Jamiecballer
09-13-2017, 10:59 PM
Maybe. I can see having a transformative effect on a roster sorta like Steve Nash did for phoenix. What can I say, I'm an optimist on this one. Balls deep, even.

5ass
09-13-2017, 11:21 PM
Very unlikely.... i think anything over 35 wins will be a huuuge win for them next season

i agree.

Kyben36
09-13-2017, 11:25 PM
No. Lol. And i expect his excuse to be his son either got hurt. Or they didnt let lindo do his thing.

In the east Maybe. But you have to remember this is the west. I don't thunk lonzo will dominate and i think ingram is a few years away.

Meaning no actual stars right now

JAZZNC
09-14-2017, 12:04 AM
Just say this out loud..."Brook Lopez is our best player and we're gonna win 50+ games in the West". How ****ing ******** does that sound?

FlashBolt
09-14-2017, 12:40 AM
If he gets it right, I will never doubt Lavar Ball again. Dude could say anything and I'm on his side.

FlashBolt
09-14-2017, 12:41 AM
Just say this out loud..."Brook Lopez is our best player and we're gonna win 50+ games in the West". How ****ing ******** does that sound?

Lavar would never say Brook Lopez is the best player on that team. Hell, he said LeBron wants to come to LA to play with Lonzo.. LMAO.

Jamiecballer
09-14-2017, 01:55 AM
Lavar would never say Brook Lopez is the best player on that team. Hell, he said LeBron wants to come to LA to play with Lonzo.. LMAO.No kidding right. Logic fail jazz fan. Logic fail.

LaVar Ball
09-14-2017, 02:46 AM
And if you don't believe dat, then you ain't no big balla!!!

LaVar Ball
09-14-2017, 02:47 AM
Lavar would never say Brook Lopez is the best player on that team. Hell, he said LeBron wants to come to LA to play with Lonzo.. LMAO.

Damn straight

goingfor28
09-14-2017, 04:07 AM
And if you don't believe dat, then you ain't no big balla!!!Please keep this up. Your random LaVar like posts are honestly very entertaining compared to a lot of the bickering and other nonsense on here at times.

Sadly I wouldn't be shocked if you truly were LaVar on here haha

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-14-2017, 09:05 AM
Lakers easily in top 7 lottery.

Hawkeye15
09-14-2017, 10:44 AM
Maybe. I can see having a transformative effect on a roster sorta like Steve Nash did for phoenix. What can I say, I'm an optimist on this one.

Steve Nash was arguably the best shooter ever though. Ball is MUCH closer to Kidd/Rubio, as far as impact. Meaning very positive, but he won't guarantee you a top offense, especially not for a few years, even if he hits his ceiling. Nash was a non-factor early.

TheDish87
09-14-2017, 01:35 PM
lol they wouldnt even win 30 in the east. they stink.

BoSox47
09-14-2017, 01:45 PM
They are the 2nd worst team in the West behind the Suns. Theyll be lucky to win 30.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-14-2017, 01:47 PM
They are the 2nd worst team in the West behind the Suns. Theyll be lucky to win 30.

I think they be lucky to sniff 20 some wins. 30 is being very kind.

jaydubb
09-14-2017, 01:56 PM
30-35 wins will be a nice improvement. I'm not expecting much from this group as they are all still very young but I am expecting a little improvement.

I'd be completely shocked to see them win 50

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Me and Mr. T
09-14-2017, 03:28 PM
They have as much chance of winning 50 games as the NY Jets do of winning ONE this year!

Heediot
09-14-2017, 04:25 PM
They have as much chance of winning 50 games as the NY Jets do of winning ONE this year!

I don't know, hard to lose all your games in the nfl but I know what you're saying here.

I'm not that big on Ingram, one hot night in the summer league doesn't impress me.

They are going to have one of the worse defenses. I say 25 wins.

Kyben36
09-14-2017, 05:11 PM
I just don't think ingram is ready to be a star caliber player. And lonzo won't be Chris paul year one.

That makes brook Lopez your best player. And even a nets team that was packed with aging stars could not get far like that.

Sssmush
09-15-2017, 03:54 AM

They had Lou Williams last year too, and D'Angelo was an underrated floor general.

That being said, for some reason when Lavarr said 50 wins it didn't seem totally crazy to me. Like the part when he said all Lonzo has to do is play basketball now, no classes, no distractions, and access to the best coaches and practice players...

I mean I have been highly skeptical of Lonzo-mania, but saying just saying, WHAT if Lonzo really is that super good natural point guard? Then Lavarr could actually be right, that with pro-coaching and the freedom to practice and improve all day every day with elite coaching, Lonzo could possibly make a major leap forward.

I mean like I said I have been and still am skeptical of Lonzo, but if if Lavarr is right and Lonzo comes out and plays like an automatic rookie of the year instant All Star Lebron James level rookie... then the Lakers could have a great season. 50 games though is kind of impossible though, I'd say, because they don't have a real center and their PFs are kind of tweenerish. Also they don't have much outside shooting, which is really the decisive factor. They traded or let go of Lou Williams, D'Angelo and Swaggy P, and that was their three best shooters and scorers by far.

IndyRealist
09-15-2017, 09:23 AM
They had Lou Williams last year too, and D'Angelo was an underrated floor general.

That being said, for some reason when Lavarr said 50 wins it didn't seem totally crazy to me. Like the part when he said all Lonzo has to do is play basketball now, no classes, no distractions, and access to the best coaches and practice players...

I mean I have been highly skeptical of Lonzo-mania, but saying just saying, WHAT if Lonzo really is that super good natural point guard? Then Lavarr could actually be right, that with pro-coaching and the freedom to practice and improve all day every day with elite coaching, Lonzo could possibly make a major leap forward.

I mean like I said I have been and still am skeptical of Lonzo, but if if Lavarr is right and Lonzo comes out and plays like an automatic rookie of the year instant All Star Lebron James level rookie... then the Lakers could have a great season. 50 games though is kind of impossible though, I'd say, because they don't have a real center and their PFs are kind of tweenerish. Also they don't have much outside shooting, which is really the decisive factor. They traded or let go of Lou Williams, D'Angelo and Swaggy P, and that was their three best shooters and scorers by far.

They were 26 wins last year? Lonzo Ball is not worth 24 wins his rookie season no matter how good he is. 24 wins is peak Lebron/CP3 territory.

Ishkabibble
09-15-2017, 09:34 AM
IMO, they can still make a few tweaks to the roster. They could try and unload Luol Deng's contract to a team by adding Julius Randle to the trade.
-----------------------------------------------
Laughable. No one will take that contract and since when is Randle even good? The dude is an average player...at best.

Hawkeye15
09-15-2017, 09:43 AM
Why do people constantly set themselves up for disappointment? 40-50 wins is a pipedream. They won 26 games last year. Even if you think Ball is going to be a transcendent rookie, he would then mean what, 8-9 more wins? Ingram goes from being terrible to ok, another 5 wins? So best case, by far, is 34-38 wins?

They are going to win between 30-34 games probably. And that is ok, baby steps.

If they can somehow trade for a star player during the season, maybe they get around 40.

GREATNESS ONE
09-15-2017, 10:16 AM
DBLO was a floor general? :laugh2: man you can tell who didn't watch Lakers games in here.

warfelg
09-15-2017, 10:31 AM
Not gonna happen.

Sixers only won 18 more games last year and they added better players via FA and a better 'rookie' (Embiid). Yet the Lakers with the subtraction of 2 guys and adding 2 guys are going to basically double their win total?

LaLa_Land
09-15-2017, 03:50 PM
The Lakers should be doing somersaults and backflips if they can get to 35 wins.

That would provide some proof of concept and proverbial fuel for their outwardly boisterous 2018 plans.

FlashBolt
09-15-2017, 03:51 PM
Not gonna happen.

Sixers only won 18 more games last year and they added better players via FA and a better 'rookie' (Embiid). Yet the Lakers with the subtraction of 2 guys and adding 2 guys are going to basically double their win total?

I can see Sixers winning about 40-50 games if they are all healthy. They'll probably lose games inherently due to being young and trying to make it mesh consistently but Saric is a monster and Covington is a defensive machine. Embiid needs to stay healthy. Not sure what Ben/Fultz can bring in right now but they'll need to find ways to make J.J. Red get his shots. That should be their priority - getting guys involved.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-15-2017, 05:22 PM
Are the Lakers trading Randle this season? Read a article that Lakers getting plenty of calls about Ingram and Nance. If Lakers needing capspace is Randle out no matter what? Or just wait till 2018 summer see if they miss on everyone and then just keep Randle? Plus Clarkson and Deng on payroll. Be interesting to see how to salary dump Deng.

warfelg
09-15-2017, 05:29 PM
I can see Sixers winning about 40-50 games if they are all healthy. They'll probably lose games inherently due to being young and trying to make it mesh consistently but Saric is a monster and Covington is a defensive machine. Embiid needs to stay healthy. Not sure what Ben/Fultz can bring in right now but they'll need to find ways to make J.J. Red get his shots. That should be their priority - getting guys involved.

Getting guys involved has never been a problem under Brett Brown. Making accurate passes to make that happen has been though.

ewing
09-15-2017, 06:39 PM
Absolutely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sssmush
09-15-2017, 08:34 PM
They were 26 wins last year? Lonzo Ball is not worth 24 wins his rookie season no matter how good he is. 24 wins is peak Lebron/CP3 territory.

Yeah I mean in fairness though last year the Lakers were better than 26 wins and had to tank hard to keep at the top of the lottery odds. If they wouldve been unleashed they were maybe/definitely a 30 win team imo, especially if they made a few acquisitions, played Lou Williams more and didnt high usage rate Ingram so much.

But yeah this year Dangelo, Lou and Swaggy are all gone and no shooting has replaced that. Even a prime Brooke Lopez in the pre-GSW era was *meh* and KCP another nonshooting mutha******.

So if Ballz is just ok then really they took a big step back while stopping the tank and doubling expectations.

But yeah if (IF) Ball was somehow a transcendent rookie and Walton a super coach and many pieces jelled and improved... then 50 wins is not impossible. If Ball is balling out with max balls.

My guess would be a brutal 26 win season that feels like a complete meltdown from wire to wire though, full of Magical outbursts, recriminations, emotional outbursts from Lavarr, coaching rumors, crap trades, etc, topped of by everyone siging with the NOT-Lakers for their superteams

JordansBulls
09-15-2017, 08:42 PM
He might be related to me.

FlashBolt
09-15-2017, 09:43 PM
Yeah I mean in fairness though last year the Lakers were better than 26 wins and had to tank hard to keep at the top of the lottery odds. If they wouldve been unleashed they were maybe/definitely a 30 win team imo, especially if they made a few acquisitions, played Lou Williams more and didnt high usage rate Ingram so much.

But yeah this year Dangelo, Lou and Swaggy are all gone and no shooting has replaced that. Even a prime Brooke Lopez in the pre-GSW era was *meh* and KCP another nonshooting mutha******.

So if Ballz is just ok then really they took a big step back while stopping the tank and doubling expectations.

But yeah if (IF) Ball was somehow a transcendent rookie and Walton a super coach and many pieces jelled and improved... then 50 wins is not impossible. If Ball is balling out with max balls.

My guess would be a brutal 26 win season that feels like a complete meltdown from wire to wire though, full of Magical outbursts, recriminations, emotional outbursts from Lavarr, coaching rumors, crap trades, etc, topped of by everyone siging with the NOT-Lakers for their superteams

This Lakers team is much better than last year's, though. Brook Lopez is a 20/8 and pretty good shot blocker.

If they want to get close to 50 wins, Ingram better be dropping 24 points at least.. and Lonzo better be getting 16/8 at least.

Sssmush
09-16-2017, 05:39 AM
This Lakers team is much better than last year's, though. Brook Lopez is a 20/8 and pretty good shot blocker.

If they want to get close to 50 wins, Ingram better be dropping 24 points at least.. and Lonzo better be getting 16/8 at least.

Errrrrr, Brooke had good stats last year and Brooklyn finished last in the NBA... playing in the Eastern Conference.

Last year the Lakers won some games because some of their guards were shooting the lights out, and they were able to capitalize on athletic play by their forwards at times with very decent PNR.

Lopez scoring 20 pts on 20 shot attempts in the Western Conference does not equal to any additional wins at all. I mean if he can defend and make good plays and passes out of scrambles like Mosgov did when he was in there, then I dont know maybe Lopez is a bit of a plus. Not sure I will need to see it in action. I mean like is Lopez better than a Steven Adams? Is he as good as a Pachulia? Can he play Deandre Jordan heads up and do ok? I just dont know. I mean realistically Lakers could lose 10-20 games right off the bat.

If the Lakers are winning games then that means Randle, Ingram AND Lopez are beasting, Ball is getting them the ball, the guards and maybe Kuzma are 40%+ from 3, etc.

I mean show it to me let's see that. To me it seems like we got a 12 year old rookie PG. I could be wrong though maybe this is an amazing Laker season. Like it just all magically turns around, goes from worst to first overnite in one season with an utterly transcendent rookie and a Luke Walton coach of the year and a Julius Randle most improved and Lopez Ingram All Stars. Then bam they in the playoffs, 5th seed, series against Houston show me

FlashBolt
09-16-2017, 07:46 PM
Errrrrr, Brooke had good stats last year and Brooklyn finished last in the NBA... playing in the Eastern Conference.

Last year the Lakers won some games because some of their guards were shooting the lights out, and they were able to capitalize on athletic play by their forwards at times with very decent PNR.

Lopez scoring 20 pts on 20 shot attempts in the Western Conference does not equal to any additional wins at all. I mean if he can defend and make good plays and passes out of scrambles like Mosgov did when he was in there, then I dont know maybe Lopez is a bit of a plus. Not sure I will need to see it in action. I mean like is Lopez better than a Steven Adams? Is he as good as a Pachulia? Can he play Deandre Jordan heads up and do ok? I just dont know. I mean realistically Lakers could lose 10-20 games right off the bat.

If the Lakers are winning games then that means Randle, Ingram AND Lopez are beasting, Ball is getting them the ball, the guards and maybe Kuzma are 40%+ from 3, etc.

I mean show it to me let's see that. To me it seems like we got a 12 year old rookie PG. I could be wrong though maybe this is an amazing Laker season. Like it just all magically turns around, goes from worst to first overnite in one season with an utterly transcendent rookie and a Luke Walton coach of the year and a Julius Randle most improved and Lopez Ingram All Stars. Then bam they in the playoffs, 5th seed, series against Houston show me

What does what Brook did for the Nets and their standing last year have anything to do whether or not the Lakers got better? They're a much better team because they got rid of D'Angelo and Lonzo is a much better passer and mature player than D'Angelo. Ingram is a year older and is probably going to be their leading scorer if we're being honest. Do they finish with a better record than last year? I believe so. I think they're a better team because last year, they were terrible. They're just less terrible now.

GREATNESS ONE
09-16-2017, 07:54 PM
What does what Brook did for the Nets and their standing last year have anything to do whether or not the Lakers got better? They're a much better team because they got rid of D'Angelo and Lonzo is a much better passer and mature player than D'Angelo. Ingram is a year older and is probably going to be their leading scorer if we're being honest. Do they finish with a better record than last year? I believe so. I think they're a better team because last year, they were terrible. They're just less terrible now.

Lol do yourself a favor and just leave Smush alone, he hates Lonzo and loved D'angelo eyebrows. Go check the Lakers Forum and you'll see, none of us agree with him lol.

He would rather the Lakers lose so he can be right than watch the Lakers win and eat some crow. Kinda sad really. So yea no point in arguing with smusshy.

5ass
09-16-2017, 08:11 PM

I think what he means is Lopez gets his points but overall he doesnt impact the game much... Which is true. Ingram is a year older, and still skinny AF. He couldnt even average double digits last season. Lopez is a 20PPG scorer, do you think Ingram is very likely to average 20+ PPG? If we're being honest, thats unlikely to happen.

Lonzo isnt going to be anywhere near an average PG next season IMO. I cant remember the last rookie PG that was, can you? Maybe CP3 12 years ago? People are putting high expectations on rookie Lonzo and i think they'll be pretty disappointed. He's likely going to be one of the worst PGs in the league. He might be an upgrade over 2nd year Russell, but he might not.

I think KCP will be their best/most impactful player. IMO he's one of the most underrated players in the league. I think the Lakers FO recognize Lonzo wont be able to stay in front of quick PGs so KCP is going to help Lonzo stay on the court. I loved that move for them.

GREATNESS ONE
09-16-2017, 08:23 PM
Actually I think you will be eating crow this year and a bunch of other on Lonzo ROY Ball.

5ass
09-16-2017, 08:30 PM
Actually I think you will be eating crow this year and a bunch of other on Lonzo ROY Ball.

ok we'll see. i could probably go back a couple of years and find your posts about how rookie Russell was about to set the league on fire...

GREATNESS ONE
09-16-2017, 08:39 PM
Lol please do because I hated Russell from the get go.

5ass
09-16-2017, 08:48 PM
if you say so... all that we can do is wait and see.

bagwell368
09-16-2017, 08:50 PM
I'll take the under on 50 all day long. Even if he's the best passer since Ernie D. or Rondo - who is the scorer and the closer over there? What about the length of schedule? Kid is gonna get run ragged.

What an idiot the old man is. Every PG in the NBA that feels like he's getting ignored for this fool kid and his father is going to teach this kid a lesson on a nightly basis.

Sorry Lakers fans, wait til LBJ and PG and maybe Westbrook show up next year. In that Division with that roster? They won't win 35.

GREATNESS ONE
09-16-2017, 09:37 PM
if you say so... all that we can do is wait and see.
Yes sir, you are correct.

FlashBolt
09-16-2017, 09:51 PM
I think what he means is Lopez gets his points but overall he doesnt impact the game much... Which is true. Ingram is a year older, and still skinny AF. He couldnt even average double digits last season. Lopez is a 20PPG scorer, do you think Ingram is very likely to average 20+ PPG? If we're being honest, thats unlikely to happen.

Lonzo isnt going to be anywhere near an average PG next season IMO. I cant remember the last rookie PG that was, can you? Maybe CP3 12 years ago? People are putting high expectations on rookie Lonzo and i think they'll be pretty disappointed. He's likely going to be one of the worst PGs in the league. He might be an upgrade over 2nd year Russell, but he might not.

I think KCP will be their best/most impactful player. IMO he's one of the most underrated players in the league. I think the Lakers FO recognize Lonzo wont be able to stay in front of quick PGs so KCP is going to help Lonzo stay on the court. I loved that move for them.

1) Is Brook Lopez better than Mosgov? I don't think we need to even debate that.

2) Ingram is a year older and was balling out in summer league. He's improved.

3) Why is it unlikely for Ingram to average 20 PPG when we consider that he's gotten taller, has a year under his belt, was averaging 13 PPG on 52% shooting at the second half of the season, and he'll only get more possessions since D'Lo is not on the team and Lonzo is getting him more open looks PLUS Magic has gone on record saying that the Lakers are going to push the pace? We saw Wiggins hit 20 in his second season and his ceiling isn't as high as Ingram.

4) Don't miscommunicate being a better player vs better passer. The entire Lakers system has changed to where they're going to push the pace. They completely rehauled their plans as soon as they saw the potential Lonzo has. I can easily see Lonzo averaging 14-6-7 due to the pace that they play in and the guy is mature for his age in terms of BBIQ so he'll figure out the game really well.

5) I forgot about KCP... All I said was that the Lakers are going to be a better team. Much better team than they were last year.

KCP
Brook Lopez
Lonzo
Ingram
Clarkson
Randle

and compare that to what they had last year.. I already see three players in Brook, Lonzo, and KCP capable of being huge contributors for their team.

Sssmush
09-17-2017, 06:15 AM

yes KCP is a real player. Brewer and Tyler Ennis are also good pickups for them as well.

Sssmush
09-17-2017, 06:26 AM

I mean that for me is the central disagreement.

D'Angelo wasn't perfect, but as some have pointed out he was on a very reasonable learning curve for a rookie/2nd year point guard and his stats hold up against other All Star point guards developing in their first few seasons.

D'Angelo wasn't perfect, but he had real 3-point range and he ran the PNR with a lot of nuanced skill. He also played each season wire to wire, scrapped through a lot of tough games against real NBA competition, and got some big wins. And let's remember, the Lakers were obviously intentionally tanking last year. At times when the Lakers looked perilous to move up in the rankings, every game was very close and D'Angelo looked like a very dangerous player on a nightly basis.

So yeah... D'Angelo is going to Brooklyn just as he begins his third year in the NBA and is primed to take another step forward. There's a huge difference between a rookie point guard and a third year point guard. On top of the Lonzo is either really great or it's a lot of magical thinking with people believing he's just gonna abuse the league next year with unprecedented passing skills.

I mean common sense, if when Lonzo is passing the ball it just travels through the air like a normal basketball and the player catches it and tries to shoot it, like a normal basketball pass... then I don't know he's gonna have to be doing something amazing to magically elevate the Lakers to one of the best teams in the league. So yeah I gotta see that. And let's be honest there is a HUGE amount of curiosity about this and it is going to be front page ESPN news every single night.

Think Mayweather vs MacGregor. That is the kind of star appeal Lonzo has if you ask me. Everyone is like "wow are we really going to see this guy out there on the court against WCF NBA opposition with huge expectations?"
LoL at people like you who are betting on MacGregor and absolutely sure this is going to be amazing the best ever etc etc

5ass
09-17-2017, 10:06 PM
1) Is Brook Lopez better than Mosgov? I don't think we need to even debate that.

2) Ingram is a year older and was balling out in summer league. He's improved.

3) Why is it unlikely for Ingram to average 20 PPG when we consider that he's gotten taller, has a year under his belt, was averaging 13 PPG on 52% shooting at the second half of the season, and he'll only get more possessions since D'Lo is not on the team and Lonzo is getting him more open looks PLUS Magic has gone on record saying that the Lakers are going to push the pace? We saw Wiggins hit 20 in his second season and his ceiling isn't as high as Ingram.

4) Don't miscommunicate being a better player vs better passer. The entire Lakers system has changed to where they're going to push the pace. They completely rehauled their plans as soon as they saw the potential Lonzo has. I can easily see Lonzo averaging 14-6-7 due to the pace that they play in and the guy is mature for his age in terms of BBIQ so he'll figure out the game really well.

5) I forgot about KCP... All I said was that the Lakers are going to be a better team. Much better team than they were last year.

KCP
Brook Lopez
Lonzo
Ingram
Clarkson
Randle

and compare that to what they had last year.. I already see three players in Brook, Lonzo, and KCP capable of being huge contributors for their team.

1) ofcourse he's better than mozgov. Im just saying he's not a big impact player. Simply put, he doesnt help you win many games. I disagree that he's a "huge contributor"?

2)3) its summerleague, that doesnt mean he's going to break out. Wiggins was a better rookie and always had the NBA body. It doesnt matter what wiggins did. 13 PPG in a half a season is nothing to get too excited about. Thats what i think he'll average this season. 13-15 PPG. He's still way too skinny. I dont see how its a given that he'll average 20+ PPG for an 82 game season.
and yes they removed DLo but they added KCP who needs his shots. KCP isnt afraid to shoot it. he averaged only 0.8 FGA less than the Pistons leader in FGA/game.

4) again, Lonzo is just a rookie. i doubt he'll be anywhere near an average PG. The PG position is too good and too deep for a rookie to come in and be a very good player right away. He might average those numbers.... MCW averaged 17-6-6 his rookie year. It doesnt mean he's going to be any good.

i agree the Lakers are going to be better. I just dont think they'll be that much better, and i dont think Ingram and Lonzo are going to make as much of an impact as most seem to believe.

5ass
09-17-2017, 10:08 PM
like i said, someone name me the last rookie PG that was anywhere near average... i mentioned cp3 maybe. Derrick rose might be another one, only because he was in an era with ****** PGs like Mo williams and Jameer nelson making the allstar team.

kobe4thewinbang
09-17-2017, 11:19 PM
Hey, don't blame the guy for believing in his kid and hoping for the best. Lakers being good again is good the league. Ain't nobody wanna watch their old trash roster on national tv anymore. They need to get better fast.

35 wins is probably their peak.

Now, next season, if they get another quality player or a young blood develops promptly, maybe 42-40 or some shish.

Remember when teams missed the playoffs in the west with a positive record? That's crazy. I think the west is not as good as it was then, but the Lakers should definitely win more than 26 games. They won 17 games the season before last. That's 9 more wins. I'll give them 9 more wins. I could even see Ball leading them to maybe 38-39.

Depends on how good he is. That spotlight is bright, but they have a lot to celebrate this season with Magic back in town, Jim Buss being out, Kobe's jersey retirement, etc.

I'll go with 37-45.

IndyRealist
09-17-2017, 11:24 PM
Hey, don't blame the guy for believing in his kid and hoping for the best. Lakers being good again is good the league. Ain't nobody wanna watch their old trash roster on national tv anymore. They need to get better fast.

35 wins is probably their peak.

Now, next season, if they get another quality player or a young blood develops promptly, maybe 42-40 or some shish.

Remember when teams missed the playoffs in the west with a positive record? That's crazy. I think the west is not as good as it was then, but the Lakers should definitely win more than 26 games. They won 17 games the season before last. That's 9 more wins. I'll give them 9 more wins. I could even see Ball leading them to maybe 38-39.

Depends on how good he is. That spotlight is bright, but they have a lot to celebrate this season with Magic back in town, Jim Buss being out, Kobe's jersey retirement, etc.

I'll go with 37-45.

I'd say he's putting a big ol' target on his son's back. I like Ball and want him to do well, but damn if his dad isn't everything wrong with the AAU system.

Vinylman
09-18-2017, 12:15 PM
like i said, someone name me the last rookie PG that was anywhere near average... i mentioned cp3 maybe. Derrick rose might be another one, only because he was in an era with ****** PGs like Mo williams and Jameer nelson making the allstar team.

average? Lillard, wall, walker off the top of my head without trying to even think about it...

again... I am talking average... your case would be better if you mean one and done guys

Jamiecballer
09-18-2017, 12:45 PM
I'd say he's putting a big ol' target on his son's back. I like Ball and want him to do well, but damn if his dad isn't everything wrong with the AAU system.Perhaps. Things like getting a ref replaced - disgusting. And yes all the talk through the media is surely putting a target on his back. But we should all be so lucky to have our own Lavar Balls imo. He just needs to fade away now but I'm not sure he can even if he wanted to.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hawkeye15
09-18-2017, 03:01 PM

it was CP3, who was actually very good as a rookie. Even the best rookies generally don't add squat to the win column.

Hawkeye15
09-18-2017, 03:03 PM
average? Lillard, wall, walker off the top of my head without trying to even think about it...

again... I am talking average... your case would be better if you mean one and done guys

average, as in, doesn't help or hurt, correct?

You already know this, but rookies tend to not matter their first year, when it comes to wins and losses. Only now and then do we see a rookie who really pumps a lot of extra wins out of a team, and do we really expect Ball to be that guy, with all the holes in his game? Meh

GREATNESS ONE
09-18-2017, 03:59 PM
Lonzo is a transcendent player and he's going to show why he = wins. His style, the way he just keeps the ball moving, is contagious and we're going to see why we saw in SL, a pass happy, unselfish team that plays together.

35-41wins and the 8th seed.

WaDe03
09-18-2017, 05:40 PM

I think he meant next year. Btw, I'm pretty confident this happens.

Sly Guy
09-18-2017, 07:09 PM
I have a feeling these boards are gonna need a rule about **** lavar ball says soon. Just like the one we have for bleacher report.

GREATNESS ONE
09-18-2017, 08:12 PM
Lol wow it's going to happen. Super Team assemble.

FlashBolt
09-18-2017, 08:28 PM
WTF do they do with Lonzo?

GREATNESS ONE
09-18-2017, 08:41 PM
WTF do they do with Lonzo?

You keep him easily, it's not like he wants to shoot anyways.

Ingram is the player, I'm thinking of more and hope we hold onto him too.

FlashBolt
09-19-2017, 12:21 AM
You keep him easily, it's not like he wants to shoot anyways.

Ingram is the player, I'm thinking of more and hope we hold onto him too.

How do you keep Lonzo and effectively utilize him when you have three guys who need the ball and all who are better options than him? It would make more sense to trade Lonzo, Deng, and Clarkson to get a quality frontcourt. Then you legitimately have a starting roster of:

Good PF
Good C
LeBron at SF
PG at SG
Russ at PG

Have Ingram come off the bench and by the time LeBron gets older, Ingram would have fully developed to the player he should be. It really makes zero sense to keep Lonzo. Pump his numbers up along with Clarkson and get ready to trade him because any GM who would take a rookie over the best player in the world, PG, and RWB is an absolute idiot. Lonzo at his peak wouldn't even be half as good as LeBron is right now. Now that I think about it, let's say Ingram+Lonzo ball out and look extremely promising. Who says no to a Lonzo+Ingram+Deng trade for Anthony Davis? If Pelicans royally screw up and suck, isn't that an option for them?

AD
LeBron
PG
Russ

Depends on who takes the salary cut so I doubt this team even happens but IMO, you take LeBron+Russ+PG any day over a promising rookie.

Sssmush
09-19-2017, 01:22 AM
Lonzo is a transcendent player and he's going to show why he = wins. His style, the way he just keeps the ball moving, is contagious and we're going to see why we saw in SL, a pass happy, unselfish team that plays together.

35-41wins and the 8th seed.

Yeah with Lonzo it's the style, the transcendence, the fun, the exuberance, the charm, the energy, the willpower, the vision, the specialness, the natural savvy, the instincts, the flair, the excitement, the wow-factor, the getting everybody involved, the pass-firstness, the bounce, the air, the splash, the incredibleness, the winning mentality, the showtime, the MAGIC.

Yes you and Lavarr are absolutely right!!! I am going to guarantee 40+ wins right now!!! Drop the mic!!!

Vinylman
09-19-2017, 06:05 AM
average, as in, doesn't help or hurt, correct?

You already know this, but rookies tend to not matter their first year, when it comes to wins and losses. Only now and then do we see a rookie who really pumps a lot of extra wins out of a team, and do we really expect Ball to be that guy, with all the holes in his game? Meh

nah... I don't expect as much as some... but those guys I listed off the top of my head were very good contributors year 1 and only had upside moving forward... If Ball plays to a league average PG level as a one and done and shows upside I would consider his first year a major success.

I really didn't understand what he was getting at when he said "average"

Hawkeye15
09-19-2017, 08:51 AM
nah... I don't expect as much as some... but those guys I listed off the top of my head were very good contributors year 1 and only had upside moving forward... If Ball plays to a league average PG level as a one and done and shows upside I would consider his first year a major success.

I really didn't understand what he was getting at when he said "average"

exactly. I just don't get how hard that is to understand. With a 19 year old PG, you hope he isn't bad as a rookie, and if he can be just butt reaming average, while showing flashes of a player that will contribute to the win column moving forward, it's a success.

But he isn't going to help the Lakers make a big jump, THIS year. Rookies just typically don't make much of a positive difference, if any..

GREATNESS ONE
09-19-2017, 11:17 AM
How do you keep Lonzo and effectively utilize him when you have three guys who need the ball and all who are better options than him? It would make more sense to trade Lonzo, Deng, and Clarkson to get a quality frontcourt. Then you legitimately have a starting roster of:

Good PF
Good C
LeBron at SF
PG at SG
Russ at PG

Have Ingram come off the bench and by the time LeBron gets older, Ingram would have fully developed to the player he should be. It really makes zero sense to keep Lonzo. Pump his numbers up along with Clarkson and get ready to trade him because any GM who would take a rookie over the best player in the world, PG, and RWB is an absolute idiot. Lonzo at his peak wouldn't even be half as good as LeBron is right now. Now that I think about it, let's say Ingram+Lonzo ball out and look extremely promising. Who says no to a Lonzo+Ingram+Deng trade for Anthony Davis? If Pelicans royally screw up and suck, isn't that an option for them?

AD
LeBron
PG
Russ

Depends on who takes the salary cut so I doubt this team even happens but IMO, you take LeBron+Russ+PG any day over a promising rookie.

Easy, out sign all 3 stars to a 2 year beat GSW deal. Everyone is expendable and I would empty house expxept Lonzo/Ingram. Both 19 years old who would learn a ton from all-NBA Vets, and it would help both Lonzo and Ingrams 10+ Year Lakers Career.

WaDe03
09-19-2017, 11:31 AM
Easy, out sign all 3 stars to a 2 year beat GSW deal. Everyone is expendable and I would empty house expxept Lonzo/Ingram. Both 19 years old who would learn a ton from all-NBA Vets, and it would help both Lonzo and Ingrams 10+ Year Lakers Career.

Why get rid of them after 2 years when they could be very good for awhile? Lonzo is good but you guys are way too optimistic.

WaDe03
09-19-2017, 11:34 AM

Good PF
Good C
LeBron at SF
PG at SG
Russ at PG

AD
LeBron
PG
Russ

This is what I've been saying, trade them for AD if/when the Pelicans suck again.

GREATNESS ONE
09-19-2017, 11:55 AM
Why get rid of them after 2 years when they could be very good for awhile? Lonzo is good but you guys are way too optimistic.
Been watching him the whole time, every game. Lonzo is the truth, there's no need to trade Ingram and Lonzo when they're both on rookie contracts and we can sign the 3 out right.

Just think about starting Lebron/PG/Westbrook and then bringing Lonzo and Ingram off the bench :laugh2: that's just non-stop and would give GS a run for their money.

WaDe03
09-19-2017, 12:01 PM
Been watching him the whole time, every game. Lonzo is the truth, there's no need to trade Ingram and Lonzo when they're both on rookie contracts and we can sign the 3 out right.

Just think about starting Lebron/PG/Westbrook and then bringing Lonzo and Ingram off the bench :laugh2: that's just non-stop and would give GS a run for their money.

Oh ok I thought you were saying you want Lonzo and Ingram over those 3.

GREATNESS ONE
09-19-2017, 12:07 PM
Oh ok I thought you were saying you want Lonzo and Ingram over those 3.

Lol no, as much as I have a man-crush on Lonzo, he's not at the caliber of those three.

FlashBolt
09-19-2017, 12:09 PM

They all play the same position... which is my point. There is too much overlap with ability on positions that won't help you any more than it should.

GREATNESS ONE
09-19-2017, 12:19 PM
They all play the same position... which is my point. There is too much overlap with ability on positions that won't help you any more than it should.

We got Luke, who likes to run positionless basketball. Death-lineup basketball

Green < Lebron
Durant > Ingram
Iggy < PG13
Klay < Westbrook
Curry > Ball

TheDish87
09-19-2017, 02:38 PM
lol gotta love Lakers fans talking about lineups of players they dont have. priceless

GREATNESS ONE
09-19-2017, 03:37 PM
lol gotta love Lakers fans talking about lineups of players they dont have. priceless

Gotta love Philly fans, who like to go into Lakers forums and troll Lakers fans. Must be pretty boring in the 76ers forum :)

LaVar Ball
09-19-2017, 03:41 PM
Gotta love Philly fans, who like to go into Lakers forums and troll Lakers fans. Must be pretty boring in the 76ers forum :)

Trust the Process bro

warfelg
09-19-2017, 05:23 PM

Since when did the NBA main become the Lakers forum?

Don't want people saying stuff put it in your own sub.

GREATNESS ONE
09-19-2017, 06:08 PM

I'm pretty sure I know what Forum is which, and was right saying two posters have continually come into the Lakers Forum to troll Laker fans. Am I mad? No. Do I hold some sort of grudge or vendetta? No. Can I bring up the fact that this continually happens? Yes.

All good though, I know you're playing big brother. No sweat. I know the Lakers Forum is the most active NBA forum.

warfelg
09-19-2017, 06:44 PM
Ok....why bring drama from in the Lakers Forum into Main unless your trying to troll or bait someone?

GREATNESS ONE
09-19-2017, 07:28 PM
So replying to my comment by laughing at me etc isn't the same thing? and drama? ok. Obviously you have a vendetta. Maybe you're taking my comments out of text, maybe we need a break, a pop-tart and lets get back on topic.

GREATNESS ONE
09-19-2017, 07:30 PM
If the Lakers can show some promise, I think all 3 Super-Stars will highly consider coming to LakerLand.

Lavar is bat **** crazy, a really good dad and I wouldn't go as far as say a marketing genius but he's keeping his name and brand in the mix. Lonzo will take some time to grow but I feel like he will shine in the bright lights.

getting over 40 wins and a 8th seed is going to pay huge dividends.

goingfor28
09-19-2017, 08:13 PM
lol gotta love Lakers fans talking about lineups of players they dont have. pricelessI agree. Pure comedy. Going to be even funnier when none of those players sign w the Lakers, and Ball is a complete bust.

Can't wait.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GREATNESS ONE
09-19-2017, 08:45 PM
Lolz exactly my point bro, I saw you in here after these post but I guess the street goes one way. No worries. :)

TheDish87
09-20-2017, 08:40 AM

this is the lakers forum? im not trolling bud, you dont have any of these players you are prkejcting a lineup with lolololol. its quiet everywhere hence you talking about imaginary teams.

hugepatsfan
09-20-2017, 11:40 AM
If the Lakers can show some promise, I think all 3 Super-Stars will highly consider coming to LakerLand.

Lavar is bat **** crazy, a really good dad and I wouldn't go as far as say a marketing genius but he's keeping his name and brand in the mix. Lonzo will take some time to grow but I feel like he will shine in the bright lights.

getting over 40 wins and a 8th seed is going to pay huge dividends.

They're gonna have to gut the roster if they want to bring in 3 stars so honestly I don't really see what the progress impacts as far as that goes. Why would they care about the guys that are getting traded away?

Vinylman
09-20-2017, 01:04 PM
They're gonna have to gut the roster if they want to bring in 3 stars so honestly I don't really see what the progress impacts as far as that goes. Why would they care about the guys that are getting traded away?

I am not going to get into my source but the story about the 3 guys coming is gonna happen if Lebron doesn't win it this year. The way it will be made to work is that Lebron will sign for the exception and others will actually follow at reduced rates... not pg13 or russ but the pieces they want to put in place.

Lebron is so focused on saying **** you to the league that he will play 1 year for peanuts... dude is a sociopath

As a Laker fan I must admit it... winning that way doesn't really excite me... I will obviously root for the team but I just don't want to see the entire youth on the team dismantled

TheDish87
09-20-2017, 01:31 PM
I am not going to get into my source but the story about the 3 guys coming is gonna happen if Lebron doesn't win it this year. The way it will be made to work is that Lebron will sign for the exception and others will actually follow at reduced rates... not pg13 or russ but the pieces they want to put in place.

Lebron is so focused on saying **** you to the league that he will play 1 year for peanuts... dude is a sociopath

As a Laker fan I must admit it... winning that way doesn't really excite me... I will obviously root for the team but I just don't want to see the entire youth on the team dismantled

lolol ooooooooooooooooooook

WaDe03
09-20-2017, 01:50 PM

Stop it lol. LeBron will never play for the exception. They may all 3 sign 1+1 deals though.

IndyRealist
09-20-2017, 02:07 PM
"my source"

GREATNESS ONE
09-20-2017, 02:27 PM
I've known Vinyl for quite sometime now on here and it sounds crazy but I do believe him and give him the benifet of the doubt.

Idk about the exception but if Bron did do that.... lol

WaDe03
09-20-2017, 02:31 PM
If LeBron took the exception the team could be this:

Westbrook/Ball
PG/Wade
Ingram/Kuzma
LeBron/Nance
Cousins/Lopez

Not happening though.

TheDish87
09-20-2017, 03:08 PM
what i dont get is how do you know all of these guys want to even play with James? You instantly have to revert into a much lesser role and deal with him running the team. He also has a short window left to beat GSW. Some of these guys do want to beat James to have their own crack at GSW i would believe.

Vinylman
09-21-2017, 08:49 AM
I don't really care if you guys believe me or not... I know what I know...

The discussions with LBJ's team have already taken place... if you thought there was a tampering case with PG13's Agent the stuff going on between Jeanne and LBJ's mgmt. team would make your heads explode :speechless:

warfelg
09-21-2017, 09:24 AM
I don't really care if you guys believe me or not... I know what I know...

The discussions with LBJ's team have already taken place... if you thought there was a tampering case with PG13's Agent the stuff going on between Jeanne and LBJ's mgmt. team would make your heads explode :speechless:

If that were remotely true Dan Gilbert would file tampering charges so fast your head would explode.

Vinylman
09-21-2017, 09:40 AM
If that were remotely true Dan Gilbert would file tampering charges so fast your head would explode.

not at this point he won't ... he might next summer if LBJ ends up in LA

warfelg
09-21-2017, 09:45 AM
not at this point he won't ... he might next summer if LBJ ends up in LA

Why wait. Would 100% defeat the purpose of filing a tampering charge at that point because the Lakers would laugh since they got their guy anyways.

Vinylman
09-21-2017, 09:57 AM
Why wait. Would 100% defeat the purpose of filing a tampering charge at that point because the Lakers would laugh since they got their guy anyways.

I doubt they find anything as the cover for the conspiracy is KCP and Jeanne is the one orchestrating things...

the rat would have to come out of LBJ's camp... if there is one thing LBJ knows how to do its maintain control over his minions... so I doubt that happens

WaDe03
09-21-2017, 10:14 AM
I'm sure they have talked, he's not taking the exception though that's just ridiculous.

warfelg
09-21-2017, 10:36 AM
I doubt they find anything as the cover for the conspiracy is KCP and Jeanne is the one orchestrating things...

the rat would have to come out of LBJ's camp... if there is one thing LBJ knows how to do its maintain control over his minions... so I doubt that happens

If you think you know something that means GMs and owners know for sure.

allanclark67
09-21-2017, 11:19 AM
Only if everything goes right

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
09-21-2017, 02:41 PM
I wonder what the haters will say when the Lakers do attract some high level free agents.. Like I said, there is no better location right now for a free agent than the Lakers. Proper management, amazing city, and a team that is up-and-coming. I'm an OKC fan but Magic Johnson is one of my favorite players and he'll do well.

WaDe03
09-21-2017, 02:49 PM
I wonder what the haters will say when the Lakers do attract some high level free agents.. Like I said, there is no better location right now for a free agent than the Lakers. Proper management, amazing city, and a team that is up-and-coming. I'm an OKC fan but Magic Johnson is one of my favorite players and he'll do well.

I'm buying the hype, I think they get it done.

IndyRealist
09-21-2017, 02:54 PM

If I had to guess, they're gonna say #rigged.

TheDish87
09-21-2017, 03:54 PM
no one doubts they can land a big FA but its unlikely they land this superteam LA fans keep praying for. its in no stars best interest to go west right now. if the team is garbage and wins 20-25 games no one is going there and thats more likely to happen.

GREATNESS ONE
09-21-2017, 04:05 PM
I wouldn't say praying for it. More like all signs are pointing to a SuperTeam team up in LA.

I think it's about 90% right now, if OKC doesn't make it to the WCF or Lebron's Cavs don't win it all, I think it shoots up to 99%.

I'm still going to watch every game no matter what happens.

Vinylman
09-22-2017, 07:43 AM
no one doubts they can land a big FA but its unlikely they land this superteam LA fans keep praying for. its in no stars best interest to go west right now. if the team is garbage and wins 20-25 games no one is going there and thats more likely to happen.

funny how you constantly bash the Lakers... undoubtedly an indication of you worrying it will happen...

Good thing it is beneath Lakers fans to even concern themselves with the Sixers by posting something idiotic like they will only win 20-25 games...

Enjoy your season...

warfelg
09-22-2017, 08:09 AM
If they donít find a way to get rid of Deng it ainít happening.

TheDish87
09-22-2017, 08:56 AM
funny how you constantly bash the Lakers... undoubtedly an indication of you worrying it will happen...

Good thing it is beneath Lakers fans to even concern themselves with the Sixers by posting something idiotic like they will only win 20-25 games...

Enjoy your season...

i am not worried not do i care being in the East lol and i bash any team or player when its warranted like in these LA fantasy worlds. Like do we really need an entire off-season and season to discuss players the lakers dont have? anything to stay relevant i guess, right.

Vinylman
09-22-2017, 09:13 AM
If they donít find a way to get rid of Deng it ainít happening.

you act like getting rid of him is hard... it isn't ... the price might be high but getting rid of him isn't a question of if ... its just how much

Vinylman
09-22-2017, 09:17 AM
i am not worried not do i care being in the East lol and i bash any team or player when its warranted like in these LA fantasy worlds. Like do we really need an entire off-season and season to discuss players the lakers dont have? anything to stay relevant i guess, right.

don't you know what the NBA has become? the product on the court is **** at this point... the only thing to engage most fan bases with at this point is speculation and offseason rumors...

Hell the FA period and summer league are all that engages 80% of the league...

its disgusting

Hawkeye15
09-22-2017, 09:40 AM
While market isn't what it once was, Los Angeles will always have a huge appeal, and draw interest from some stars. Which stars we don't know yet, but they WILL sign a couple of very key guys at some point over the next 1-2 years. As a Laker hater, I can only hope they are the wrong stars...

WaDe03
09-22-2017, 09:53 AM
FWIW Lakers are one of 5 with cap space next summer as of right now. They're by far the most appealing too.

Lakers, Hawks, Mavs, Pacers, and Bulls.

TheDish87
09-22-2017, 10:54 AM
ummmmmm Sixers have like 40 mil projected to be potentially open next year.

WaDe03
09-22-2017, 10:57 AM
ummmmmm Sixers have like 40 mil projected to be potentially open next year.

warfelg
09-22-2017, 11:24 AM

We're still $15mil or so from the cap right now.

RoCo's extension will be right about there. If Embiid signs now we're looking at $25ish mil, and will be offset but about $8mil in cap holds.

JJ is $23mil in expiring money
Amir Johnson is $11 mil in expiring
Turn down an option on Okafor saves $6.3 mil
Turn down an option on Stauskas saves $5.1 mil
Turn down an option on Anderson saves $2.5 mil

So that's $48 mil coming off the books, ~$30 going on (offset by cap holds).

Dependent on cap going up, trading Jerryd Bayless, and options on other just like TJ McConnell, we could have a decent amount of cap space.

warfelg
09-22-2017, 11:26 AM
you act like getting rid of him is hard... it isn't ... the price might be high but getting rid of him isn't a question of if ... its just how much

It's going to be harder than you make it out to be. I would bet a team wouldn't take him on without a young guy under contract for a few years.

WaDe03
09-22-2017, 11:42 AM
We're still $15mil or so from the cap right now.

RoCo's extension will be right about there. If Embiid signs now we're looking at $25ish mil, and will be offset but about $8mil in cap holds.

JJ is $23mil in expiring money
Amir Johnson is $11 mil in expiring
Turn down an option on Okafor saves $6.3 mil
Turn down an option on Stauskas saves $5.1 mil
Turn down an option on Anderson saves $2.5 mil

So that's $48 mil coming off the books, ~$30 going on (offset by cap holds).

Dependent on cap going up, trading Jerryd Bayless, and options on other just like TJ McConnell, we could have a decent amount of cap space.

Yea I assume there will be multiple teams clearing up some cap. My point of the original post is that even if that's the case, there may not be many options for FAs.

IndyRealist
09-22-2017, 11:48 AM

I count 20 under a $100M cap. Those projections make assumptions about roster moves.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/

warfelg
09-22-2017, 11:51 AM
Yea I assume there will be multiple teams clearing up some cap. My point of the original post is that even if that's the case, there may not be many options for FAs.

Nah because you quoted an article that's still wrong because the Sixers are projected to have space, and depending on the year the Sixers could be more attractive.

WaDe03
09-22-2017, 11:54 AM
Nah because you quoted an article that's still wrong because the Sixers are projected to have space, and depending on the year the Sixers could be more attractive.

Nah, the Sixers won't be more attractive than the Lakers. Never have been, never will be.

TheDish87
09-22-2017, 11:58 AM
1000% more attractive then LAL if we go +.500 into the playoffs and LAL wins under 30 letting up 115 a game.

FlashBolt
09-22-2017, 11:59 AM
If you think the Sixers is more attractive than the Lakers, you should be disqualified and your computer should be seized and sent to some child in need in Somalia.

WaDe03
09-22-2017, 12:04 PM
1000% more attractive then LAL if we go +.500 into the playoffs and LAL wins under 30 letting up 115 a game.

Not when the Lakers are a much bigger market and can fit in 3 players in LeBron/Westbrook/George.

The more I think about it, it literally doesn't matter what the Lakers do this year as long as they free more cap for next summer. Getting those 3 will make them a completely different team and vets will be flocking to them for them minimum.

warfelg
09-22-2017, 12:22 PM
If you think the Sixers is more attractive than the Lakers, you should be disqualified and your computer should be seized and sent to some child in need in Somalia.

And the same thing was said about GSW about 5 years ago.

TheDish87
09-22-2017, 12:22 PM
Not when the Lakers are a much bigger market and can fit in 3 players in LeBron/Westbrook/George.

The more I think about it, it literally doesn't matter what the Lakers do this year as long as they free more cap for next summer. Getting those 3 will make them a completely different team and vets will be flocking to them for them minimum.

keep dreaming. who am i to tell you otherwise.

TheDish87
09-22-2017, 12:23 PM

well we are better at basketball and have the 3 best players between the 2 rosters.

FlashBolt
09-22-2017, 12:35 PM
And the same thing was said about GSW about 5 years ago.

GSW got incredibly lucky with their draft pick, Curry getting injured and having a favorable contract, and they live in the tech boom area. Completely different turn of events that Philly probably won't replicate.

well we are better at basketball and have the 3 best players between the 2 rosters.

That doesn't make it more attractive at all. Three best players? Lmao, you're already saying Simmons, Embiid, and Fultz are the three best players when two guys haven't played a single NBA game and Embiid hasn't played more than 20% of available games? Okay, whatever you say. Saric is probably your best player, all things being considered.

Vinylman
09-22-2017, 12:40 PM

Again with the ridiculous predictions...

SMFH

mightybosstone
09-22-2017, 12:48 PM
I'd put the odds of this happening at less than 1 percent. I'd bet every penny of my 401k on this not happening. The only remote chance the Lakers have of that many wins is some sort of superstar acquisition before the trade deadline. But I don't see why they would do that when nearly every marquee free agent on their radar will be available next summer.

Hawkeye15
09-22-2017, 01:06 PM

except it's Los Angeles, versus Philly. I am not saying I think this way, but most people do:

LA is a dream home for a lottttttttttttttttt of people man. Philly, is not.

TheDish87
09-22-2017, 01:13 PM
GSW got incredibly lucky with their draft pick, Curry getting injured and having a favorable contract, and they live in the tech boom area. Completely different turn of events that Philly probably won't replicate.

That doesn't make it more attractive at all. Three best players? Lmao, you're already saying Simmons, Embiid, and Fultz are the three best players when two guys haven't played a single NBA game and Embiid hasn't played more than 20% of available games? Okay, whatever you say. Saric is probably your best player, all things being considered.

yes, that is exactly what i am saying. Lopez doesnt count in this scenario bcuz he was a salary dump and after that are you gonna tell me Randle or Ingram is better than any of even the top 4 sixers?

TheDish87
09-22-2017, 01:14 PM
Again with the ridiculous predictions...

SMFH

can you not read good? i clearly said IF not when. the ridiculous prediction is the OP of this thread lol and you claiming to have inside knowledge to the Lebron camp.

TheDish87
09-22-2017, 01:15 PM
except it's Los Angeles, versus Philly. I am not saying I think this way, but most people do:

LA is a dream home for a lottttttttttttttttt of people man. Philly, is not.

but the LA/major market appeal hasnt been a deciding factor for players in a while. Neither the Knicks or Lakers have signed anyone meaningful in some time

mightybosstone
09-22-2017, 01:24 PM
but the LA/major market appeal hasnt been a deciding factor for players in a while. Neither the Knicks or Lakers have signed anyone meaningful in some time

While this is true, I think that may be changing with Kobe long gone and Magic running things. Ball's presence (as long as he's competent on the floor) could certainly help as well. While I would much rather have Philly's young core than the Lakers, I still think LA is a more attractive destination solely because of the market's appeal and the fact that it's the Lakers.

FlashBolt
09-22-2017, 01:26 PM
yes, that is exactly what i am saying. Lopez doesnt count in this scenario bcuz he was a salary dump and after that are you gonna tell me Randle or Ingram is better than any of even the top 4 sixers?

Good. Now you let me know who exactly I am speaking to.

Vinylman
09-22-2017, 01:27 PM
can you not read good? i clearly said IF not when. the ridiculous prediction is the OP of this thread lol and you claiming to have inside knowledge to the Lebron camp.

you are arguing that a 28 win team is going to all of a sudden be a 500 team while arguing that a 26 win team won't even win 30 games ... do you realize how asinine your post comes off?

As for the LBJ stuff... I have no insight into LBJ's camp... that is not where my information comes from.

WaDe03
09-22-2017, 01:31 PM
These guys want to build a super team to knock off the Warriors. Only logical places are the Cavs if they trade the Nets pick for an all star or the Lakers with their cap space which is enough for 3 major players on 1+1 deals.

TheDish87
09-22-2017, 02:34 PM
no team in the west is logical. if anything Boston is logical or team up for MJ in Charlotte. The Sixers become attractive if they perform to expectations this season. Adding Reddick and Johnson over other contenders (regardless of contract) is a good start to luring players.

TheDish87
09-22-2017, 02:38 PM
While this is true, I think that may be changing with Kobe long gone and Magic running things. Ball's presence (as long as he's competent on the floor) could certainly help as well. While I would much rather have Philly's young core than the Lakers, I still think LA is a more attractive destination solely because of the market's appeal and the fact that it's the Lakers.

you definitely could be right but i think its gonna take Ball/Ingram to show their worth before FA's are really attracted. Surely i know nothing and could be wrong bcuz some guys do just wanna be in LA. But even PG said that all the LAL talk was overstated and he wants to win first.

TheDish87
09-22-2017, 02:38 PM
Good. Now you let me know who exactly I am speaking to.

you didnt answer my question...

WaDe03
09-22-2017, 02:47 PM
no team in the west is logical. if anything Boston is logical or team up for MJ in Charlotte. The Sixers become attractive if they perform to expectations this season. Adding Reddick and Johnson over other contenders (regardless of contract) is a good start to luring players.

Any team is logical if those 3 team up, doesn't matter what conference. They would be the best team. No to mention if they really wanted to they could package Lonzo and Ingram for another superstar.

LaVar Ball
09-22-2017, 02:49 PM

Let's be real. Without Lakers fans, there is no NBA Forum.

warfelg
09-22-2017, 03:01 PM
There are far too many ifs for anyone to be confident.

What if the Cavs win the title? What if the Thunder win the WCF? What if Ball has a bad season and Ingram doesnít develop? What if the Lakers canít trade Deng?

Heck what if the Sixers come out with a better than expected year? Embiid stays healthy, Simmons shows quality play, and Fultz shows to be a quality player?

Are you going to tell me that if that happens and Colangelo calls PG, that PG wonít bother to listen or take it under consideration?

Itís way to many ifs to say anything. And anyone wanting to say they know something; even Brons camp didnít know it was Miami or Cleveland were the destination until the morning of.

FlashBolt
09-22-2017, 09:44 PM
you didnt answer my question...

I don't have to... you think Simmons/Fultz is better than anyone on the Lakers right now when both haven't played a game yet. It's like me saying Ball is better than anyone on X team.. what are you basing it off of? Biased arguments? Embiid might as well be disabled.. I think he lied about his age or something because he's getting injured more than he plays.. you can't be a better player when you don't play enough games to have enough value.

Aust
09-24-2017, 07:36 AM
We going for that 30-35 W range.