PDA

View Full Version : Least And Most Aesthetically Pleasing Arena In The NBA?

NetsPaint
09-09-2017, 08:25 PM
To me, watching on TV the most boring and somewhat depressing looking arena is the Bankers Life Fieldhouse where the Pacers' play. It looks like a giant high school gym with those walls and lights. It looks alright on TV in the Playoffs with the fans wearing those yellow shirts, but other than that, depressing.

The Jazz's arena used to look depressing to me, now I like it.

My favorite is the Knicks. It's cozy on TV, and cozy in person. I love their lights. I like seeing the Lakers' games because of that. Didn't the Warriors used to have that too? Looked nice. Their ceiling also is similar to the Knicks'. Their arena is still nice looking.

The Timberwolves had/has a great looking one. I love their blue seats. That arena looked cozy and matches the wolf/trees vibe. I don't know what they're remodeled arena looks/will look like.

dhopisthename
09-09-2017, 08:48 PM
To me, watching on TV the most boring and somewhat depressing looking arena is the Bankers Life Fieldhouse where the Pacers' play. It looks like a giant high school gym with those walls and lights. It looks alright on TV in the Playoffs with the fans wearing those yellow shirts, but other than that, depressing.

The Jazz's arena used to look depressing to me, now I like it.

My favorite is the Knicks. It's cozy on TV, and cozy in person. I love their lights. I like seeing the Lakers' games because of that. Didn't the Warriors used to have that too? Looked nice. Their ceiling also is similar to the Knicks'. Their arena is still nice looking.

The Timberwolves had/has a great looking one. I love their blue seats. That arena looked cozy and matches the wolf/trees vibe. I don't know what they're remodeled arena looks/will look like.

the Jazz are doing a huge project on their stadium right now not sure if you are referring to that or not.

Vinsanity115
09-09-2017, 08:59 PM
Least: Pelicans
Most: Celtics (when they're good)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
09-09-2017, 09:53 PM
I been to MSG to watch the Knicks three times. Been to American Airlines Arena twice during the Big Three days. Been to Barclays once to watch a concert. Heat arena was terrible. Fans were clueless. Most were on their phones and came in late. A bunch of people from the closer seats literally show up at late third and leave late fourth (if game is over). They don't really care about basketball, tbh. Knicks fans are passionate as hell. They'll root for their team regardless of how bad they are. Went during the Jeremy Lin Linsanity game and it was an amazing atmosphere. Bit dirty but those guys actually came to watch basketball.

If you mean by T.V., I always liked the Celtics and the Mavs.

JWorthy42
09-09-2017, 10:12 PM
I wouldn't say I "like" the Celtics arena, because that would be blasphemous, but I must admit it is very iconic.

NetsPaint
09-09-2017, 10:42 PM
the Jazz are doing a huge project on their stadium right now not sure if you are referring to that or not.
Did they start it this summer? I was referring to last season's look.

NetsPaint
09-09-2017, 10:45 PM
I been to MSG to watch the Knicks three times. Been to American Airlines Arena twice during the Big Three days. Been to Barclays once to watch a concert. Heat arena was terrible. Fans were clueless. Most were on their phones and came in late. A bunch of people from the closer seats literally show up at late third and leave late fourth (if game is over). They don't really care about basketball, tbh. Knicks fans are passionate as hell. They'll root for their team regardless of how bad they are. Went during the Jeremy Lin Linsanity game and it was an amazing atmosphere. Bit dirty but those guys actually came to watch basketball.

If you mean by T.V., I always liked the Celtics and the Mavs.
Actually the look of the Heat's arena is one of the worst to me. I don't like the court, don't like the color of those seats, but it does have a lively look though.

This thread is about the look in general, including the courts.

Laker Legend42
09-10-2017, 01:04 AM
Least: Staples. Whenever the clippers are playing. The seats are purple they are dressed in red,white and blue. Fatheads hanging from the rafters and doc rivers on the sidelines. How do you lose all of your hair while mysteriously keeping a hairline? Aesthetically displeasing. I used to like the raptors arena. The way the paint on the baseline looked as if the words were free standing. I like the garden simply because it's classic.

aman_13
09-10-2017, 01:22 AM
I really like MSG. I prefer brighter lit arenas though.

rhino17
09-10-2017, 02:40 AM
I've been to Pepsi Center (Denver) and Toyota Center (Houston) a bunch and MSG once. Pepsi Center and Toyota Center look fine, nothing special. I thought MSG was a complete dump, probably the worst professional sports stadium I have ever been to. I assume they have renovated since I went in 08.

warfelg
09-10-2017, 07:27 AM
Least: Washington

Best: Indiana. One of the few basketball-only arenas in the NBA and it makes it all the much better. Doesn't matter where you sit, you are facing the action perfectly.

NetsPaint
09-10-2017, 01:18 PM
Least: Staples. Whenever the clippers are playing. The seats are purple they are dressed in red,white and blue. Fatheads hanging from the rafters and doc rivers on the sidelines. How do you lose all of your hair while mysteriously keeping a hairline? Aesthetically displeasing.
:laugh2:

Raps08-09 Champ
09-10-2017, 02:19 PM
Celtics court is ugly. That green colour is terrible and having a Leprechaun on the court doesn't help. But there's history behind it so people will often overlook. Like how Fenway Park is pretty ugly to look at but it gets basically a bump up due to history.

FlashBolt
09-10-2017, 04:28 PM
I've been to Pepsi Center (Denver) and Toyota Center (Houston) a bunch and MSG once. Pepsi Center and Toyota Center look fine, nothing special. I thought MSG was a complete dump, probably the worst professional sports stadium I have ever been to. I assume they have renovated since I went in 08.

MSG is used like every second of every day.

jaydubb
09-10-2017, 06:31 PM
Least: Staples. Whenever the clippers are playing. The seats are purple they are dressed in red,white and blue. Fatheads hanging from the rafters and doc rivers on the sidelines. How do you lose all of your hair while mysteriously keeping a hairline? Aesthetically displeasing. I used to like the raptors arena. The way the paint on the baseline looked as if the words were free standing. I like the garden simply because it's classic.I gotta agree with this ^^

It's always felt like the clippers were playing in the lakers arena.. Staples when the clippers play is a bit awkward to be honest..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

ChiSox219
09-10-2017, 10:10 PM
Milwaukee has to be the most outdated stadium in the league. Having said that, tickets are insanely cheap and the Bucks really make the best out of the experience and always hook it up with swag like free beer, logo pint glass, fear the deer tshirts, towels, etc. Also, the stadium is in a nice location with a lot of good places to eat/drink nearby. The lack of legroom kills my knees but it's worth it to see the Warriors or Giannis in the playoffs for 25-30 dollars.

MSG has the best environment and does feel cozy but also really open. Fans knew their ****. Probably my favorite place I've seen hoop.

San Antonio was nice, I was there for a Finals game so the energy was really turned up. Even though i had some of the cheapest seats, the sitelines were still good.

Chicago has all those banners hanging and a nice arena but doesn't really feel modern anymore. It's one of the biggest arenas I believe, so upper deck seats really feel far away compared to say MSG.

Indiana was solid but man that city is so bland. Can't see myself ever going back. Their court design is also bland as ****

New Orleans was fine, actually nicer than I expected and probably the cheapest place to get really good seats.

Scoots
09-10-2017, 11:21 PM
https://www.si.com/nba/2014/09/23/golden-state-warriors-arena-toilet-design-proposal-san-francisco

kobe4thewinbang
09-14-2017, 07:08 PM
Played @ Hornets on 2K17 last night. That court had me adjusting my TV settings and then having to just ignore it somehow.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/hornets/sites/default/files/160426_court_01.jpg

Too bright or something...

warfelg
09-14-2017, 07:14 PM
I'm really kinda turned off for the lack of attention to one of the few NBA ONLY (!!!!) arenas there is.

STRIKERC
09-14-2017, 08:01 PM
Least : Brooklyn nets arena. The court is dark and dull. Their games are boring to watch IMO.

Best: Lakers. As much as i hate to say this the Lakers court surface has that basketball feel to it.

I could care less what the actual building looks like. I don't watch the building or seats.